Page 1 of 17 12310 ... LastLast

Thread: Shooting of Michael Brown

Shooting of Michael Brown

This happened in Ferguson, Missouri, on August 9th. It's blown up (on my Facebook, anyway) as the new Trayvon Martin case. What do you all think about it?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Brown_shooting

(Surprised not to see a thread. I searched every way I could think of, but if I missed it somehow, please merge.)

Gee that wiki entry isnt biased at all.
    Obama needs to shut the fuck up about specific incidents involving the killings of young black teenagers by white guys mere days after the event.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

StewartGilliganGriffin Guest
    I'm waiting to see what the investigation says before I make a judgment.

another Treyvon Martin....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

They have released the name of the officer who shot Brown. They are also saying Brown was suspected of having stolen cigars from a convenience store immediately prior to the shooting.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/15/us/mis...html?hpt=hp_t1

endsleigh03 Guest
    Not enough info.

Agree about Obama, he should be calling for calm and peace, nothing more, until more facts are available. Emotional statements fan the flames.

Police released the video of the apparent strong arm robbery of the victim....more details coming out

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=75e_1408112903
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    When I close my eyes I can see you. And finally, Thank you Dad. for everything.
    March 1934-July 2016

I respectfully disagree about Obama's reaction to shootings, esp. Trayvon Martin. Not to have shown genuine feeling about the shooting of an unarmed 17 year old would have been much worse. It would have come across as uncaring, unfeeling, even phony. Something went wrong there (just like something went wrong in the Fla. "loud music" case, the Renisha McBride case in Michigan, and this case in Ferguson and to pretend otherwise would be an obscene joke.

endsleigh03 Guest
    So as of now they think the guy is on video committing a theft at a store.

What happened in the street tho. All the cell phones and nobody had one going?

Quote Originally Posted by Mcafgr View Post
    Police released the video of the apparent strong arm robbery of the victim....more details coming out

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=75e_1408112903
    After seeing that I don't have a problem with him being dead regardless if the cop was justified or not.

This whole thing is horrible like the Trayvon Martin incident was horrible. The media jumped to an immediate conclusion, that always seems to favor the black guy, before any facts are released or known. Oh yeah, and Obama does need to keep his trap shut. It should be policy that he not comment on ongoing investigations.

Love you read some of the comments. "Police need to stop killing our black youth." Last time I checked murder tends to run across racial lines. So black youth and killing black youth.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

This changes nothing! If your people had been systematically oppressed for hundreds of years, you'd need to steal some cigars too!

the looting. an excuse to steal. period. do things the right fucking way. then maybe maybe maybe, ppl will listen to you. fuck the THEFT!

Amen
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    March 1934-July 2016

endsleigh03 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RiotBoots View Post
    WHO IS this guy? I started laughing a few seconds in. That was great.

17. 08-15-2014, 12:20 PM

One less violent piece of shit bully terrorizing honest hard working people. How stupid can a person be to use strong arm robbery for something that costs around $3? I think it's safe to assume this punk also used violence towards the officer. Obviously I can't say that for certain without hard evidence but it is plausible given the evidence presented to show his actions just minutes before the encounter with police. I still don't think it's justified to shoot a man that's retreating with no signs of a weapon. Even if he went for the officers gun he shouldn't have been killed once the situation was neutralized. But I'm still a bit confused on how this went down. The police report made it sound like he succumbed to injuries sustained during the altercation at the car. Witness statements suggest he was shot after surrendering. Either way I'm not upset with the loss of violent trash.
    I am the king of all things stupid!

"Curious George on Red Bulls"? Lmao
    I wonder if he rehearsed that or was just making it up as he went along lol
    Last edited by MiraculousMandarin; 08-15-2014 at 01:29 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Do mind the pedestrian, Richard."
    - Hyacinth Bucket

Quote Originally Posted by McMorbid View Post
    One less violent piece of shit bully terrorizing honest hard working people. How stupid can a person be to use strong arm robbery for something that costs around $3? I think it's safe to assume this punk also used violence towards the officer. Obviously I can't say that for certain without hard evidence but it is plausible given the evidence presented to show his actions just minutes before the encounter with police. I still don't think it's justified to shoot a man that's retreating with no signs of a weapon. Even if he went for the officers gun he shouldn't have been killed once the situation was neutralized. But I'm still a bit confused on how this went down. The police report made it sound like he succumbed to injuries sustained during the altercation at the car. Witness statements suggest he was shot after surrendering. Either way I'm not upset with the loss of violent trash.
    And really, Swisher Sweets make terrible blunts.

Quote Originally Posted by McMorbid View Post
    It needs to be clarified what happened in the street. Let's say this kid did rob someone. Last time I checked Robbery was not a death penalty crime.

Quote Originally Posted by StewartGilliganGriffin View Post
    After seeing that I don't have a problem with him being dead regardless if the cop was justified or not.

This whole thing is horrible like the Trayvon Martin incident was horrible. The media jumped to an immediate conclusion, that always seems to favor the black guy, before any facts are released or known. Oh yeah, and Obama does need to keep his trap shut. It should be policy that he not comment on ongoing investigations.
    It is still early in the investigation. This is a complex situation. The angry reaction by people in the community and the police's reaction to them says that this incident has sparked some longstanding resentments. Everyone needs to calm down and let the investigation continue but hopefully some other entity besides the local police force will be doing the investigation. Even if Brown is a criminal, it still needs to be ascertained what the hell happened out in the street. As for Obama, he's the president, he can address whatever it is that he feels like addressing.
    Last edited by sierrarose; 08-15-2014 at 01:27 PM.

Dude is crazier than a shit house rat but he's 100% correct in everything he says. I remember a few years back Bill Cosby said basically the same thing, albeit a lot less animated lol, And the black "community" basically called him an Uncle Tom and took his African American card away.

If there is one thing I've learned from watching the news coverage of this, it is that there seem to be a lot ice cream trucks in St. Louis. Almost every press conference or on scene report Ive seen has one playing in the background. Sadly, that "Ice Cream Truck Song" that they are playing has incredibly racist lyrics. I won't post a link but if you search "Ice Cream Truck Song" you'll see what I mean.

FYI. When I was little in Detroit the ice cream trucks played Greensleeves
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    - Hyacinth Bucket

Dude is crazier than a shit house rat but he's 100% correct in everything he says. I remember a few years back Bill Cosby said basically the same thing, albeit a lot less animated lol, And the black "community" basically called him an Uncle Tom and took his African American card away.
    Yes. This guy could maybe put the iron fist in a velvet glove, but he is mostly correct. As long as people continue to see themselves as victims, nothing will ever change. Don't get me wrong: there is still a lot of racism in this country. But if you're going to wait for the government or the police or anything else outside of yourself to change and make things better for you, you're going to be waiting for a very long time.

endsleigh03 Guest
    So the cop didn't know Michael Brown was involved with the theft of the cigars. It may have been about jaywalking.

I'm not the smartest person in the world by any means, but I'm pretty sure that I would do my best not to get pulled over for jaywalking right after I robbed a QT.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    - Hyacinth Bucket

The thing is is that now it doesn't matter what the investigation says. It doesn't matter what the truth might be. Al Sharpton, NAACP, the mob have already decided what they want to believe and the media have already decided the narrative.

The thing is is that now it doesn't matter what the investigation says. It doesn't matter what the truth might be. Al Sharpton, NAACP, the mob have already decided what they want to believe and the media have already decided the narrative.
    And Obama did not help the situation either
    March 1934-July 2016

he never helps anything. he's only for reality tv and to be popular. pos

I had no idea about the ice cream truck song being racist. "N***** Love a Watermelon"?? Seriously?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10357605_10152629946747720_5357838400010070844_n.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	48.3 KB 
ID:	51315

Quote Originally Posted by SRVFan View Post

a+++++

Quote Originally Posted by Upset View Post
    I had no idea about the ice cream truck song being racist. "N***** Love a Watermelon"?? Seriously?
    The same year that was written, Bela Bartok came out with his famous Suite for Piano in Hungary. In France, Claude Debussy released Sonata for Flute, Viola and Harp (very beautiful). And in Russia, Igor Stravinsky released Burlesque (also very cool).

The he best we could do in the U.S. is a racist ice cream truck song.

Lovely
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    - Hyacinth Bucket

OUch
    March 1934-July 2016

Our Ice Cream trucks play: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bF-YE_zFBzI

You got to work the market you're dealing with.

Heh. That's funny and I get it. I just don't get why Kermit is telling the joke. Is that just random or am I missing something?

Heh. That's funny and I get it. I just don't get why Kermit is telling the joke. Is that just random or am I missing something?
    About

“But That’s None of My Business” is a sarcastic expression used as a postscript to an insult or disrespectful remark said towards a specific individual or group. The phrase was popularized through an image macro series featuring Kermit the Frog from The Muppetsand punchlines poking fun at a wide range of faux-pas and questionable behaviors in everyday social situations.

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/but-th...of-my-business

I'm pretty sure I'm missing everything. Is there a shortage of footwear there or something?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    - Hyacinth Bucket

About

“But That’s None of My Business” is a sarcastic expression used as a postscript to an insult or disrespectful remark said towards a specific individual or group. The phrase was popularized through an image macro series featuring Kermit the Frog from The Muppetsand punchlines poking fun at a wide range of faux-pas and questionable behaviors in everyday social situations.

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/but-th...of-my-business
    yeah there's another one of Kermit

Name:	kermit-the-frog-memes-06.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	82.7 KB 
ID:	51316

Quote Originally Posted by MiraculousMandarin View Post
    I'm pretty sure I'm missing everything. Is there a shortage of footwear there or something?
    The key to the joke is "work boots". It's a joke about the people looting being unemployed thugs and such. Thanks SRV... I did miss something. I didn't know about the Kermit thingy.

People looted a Shoe Carnival.

The key to the joke is "work boots". It's a joke about the people looting being unemployed thugs and such. Thanks SRV... I did miss something. I didn't know about the Kermit thingy.
    Oh. I see. I guess I just wear Converse a lot to work anymore.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    - Hyacinth Bucket

weirdgurl Guest
    I'm not the smartest person in the world by any means, but I'm pretty sure that I would do my best not to get pulled over for jaywalking right after I robbed a QT.
    For this I love you.

Oh. I see. I guess I just wear Converse a lot to work anymore.
    Cool. I wear Converse too

Death photo

Name:	o-MIKEBROWNDEAD-570.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	50.4 KB 
ID:	51317

Name:	10570507_10204595838325760_2442239442945071617_n.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	91.3 KB 
ID:	51318

Quote Originally Posted by Dan33185 View Post
    Death photo

One thing that they don't really portray accurately in movies or tv is the position someone ends up on the ground when they've been shot to death. They never show the effect of gravity and unconsciousness together, with arms and legs and head all twisted in unnatural ways that no one would ever be familiar or comfortable with unless they've seen it or researched it. I've seen so many pics/vids of it but it still creeps me out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    - Hyacinth Bucket

Looks good to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan33185 View Post
    Death photo

Ummmm the dude in the mugging video is bald, the dude on the ground has hair.

The entire situation is fucked up from the floor up. Regardless on what the guy in the video did there was no justification to take a life unless he himself took one. Its a real shame the African American community can't come together without the poverty pimps Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson swooping in like a couple of Vultures to pick the bones of the community clean. Yes racism is real in America and it all comes from people like that who like to stir shit up in order to get people riled up giving them a chance to stay relevant and line their pockets with money. I can guarantee you they are flying in and out of there first class. Setting in limos. Eating rich food and living in a mansion(s). Enjoying a life of luxury while the community that they so cherish and love are stuck living in the fucking projects and starving. Fucking Swindlers. Why do they turn a blind eye when its a black on black crime? Where's the No Justice No Peace rallies for victims of those crimes?
    Last edited by TheDude; 08-16-2014 at 03:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDude View Post
    Ummmm the dude in the mugging video is bald, the dude on the ground has hair.
    In the video he's wearing a St Louis Cardinals hat.

In the video he's wearing a St Louis Cardinals hat.
    Ugh, don't remind me. Been a Cardinals fan since I was a little kid.