Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678916 ... LastLast

Thread: Robin Williams

not very A

Quote Originally Posted by Gladiolus View Post
    The AA picture.

Hero Worship - They Deserve it. I preserve it.

2. 08-12-2014, 11:37 PM

Wendy A. Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Michaels View Post
    an alleged autopsy photograph of Williams. http://www.findadeath.com/Deceased/w...ed_autopsy.htm
    damn, looks like he'd been hanging a while by the looks of his neck. Sad! Thanks for sharing this photo Scott!

Someone who saw the post showed me other sources using that photo dating back to 2010. I removed it.
    Hero Worship - They Deserve it. I preserve it.

I've never been a Russell Brand fan, but after reading his thoughts on Robin Williams, I now have a newfound respect and admiration for Mr. Brand. His words were so eloquent and articulate. They very vividly captured the spirit of Robin and all his wild manic glory, IMO. So cheers to Russell and his moving homage to the man with a thousand characters.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Robin+Williams+Russell+Brand+Arthur+New+York+6Zqn3ZEgippl.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	71.5 KB 
ID:	51288Click image for larger version. 

Name:	arthur-ny-premiere-2011-robin-williams-russell-brand-58014.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	70.2 KB 
ID:	51289
    [SIGPIC]http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c389/Zoe_Zeppelin/Zepsig1.jpg[/SIGPIC]

Wendy A. Guest
    Someone who saw the post showed me other sources using that photo dating back to 2010. I removed it.
    that dates back to 2010? Kinda creepy!

you're free now genie!
    pull the string!

I don't how I forgot about this, but I just remember it after being on another board and seeing a comment made about how Robin Williams was such a sweet and caring guy and how there weren't any reports of him being an a-hole to anyone. But he did!

My Sister-in-law once worked as a receptionist for an entertainment lawyer in LA, and she met a lot of celebs - including Robin Williams, who was a client. She didn't have anything really nice to say about him! She's very religious and a very sweet person, so I was a bit shocked when she told me how Robin was basically an a-hole around the office - ordering people around, and also she'd overhear him on one of the office phones, yelling and cussing out whoever it was he was speaking to. She was pretty appalled by him!

Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    I'll watch Bicentennial Man tonight, he gave such a touching performance in that. I know I'm going to cry.
    That and What Dreams may come are the most emotionally devastating films I have ever seen in my entire life!

Hey Dude. What Dreams May Come was my comfort movie when I was a pre teen. My dad died 2 or 3 (can't remember if it came out in 97 or 98 right now) years before that came out and I remember watching it over and over and being shocked and touched both at the end of it.

Love that one. But, at the same time. I just cannot watch it yet.
    You robbed an international house of pancakes. How waffle-Harry T. Stone

Twitter: @rchamberlain87 Follow me if you want. Just play nice.

Only the good die young....

StewartGilliganGriffin Guest
    What kind of POS takes a celeb photo of a person in an AA meeting? Just awful. On a happier note here's a nice little story about Robin's USO work. As with everyone else apparently, the troops loved him. http://movies.msn.com/movies/article.aspx?news=881999

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Fishhead View Post
    Hey Dude. What Dreams May Come was my comfort movie when I was a pre teen. My dad died 2 or 3 (can't remember if it came out in 97 or 98 right now) years before that came out and I remember watching it over and over and being shocked and touched both at the end of it.

Love that one. But, at the same time. I just cannot watch it yet.
    Saw it only once but that was enough for me, the movie not only punches you in your feels it straight up assaults them as if it caught your feels walking alone in a dark alley way in the city.

Same goes for Bicentennial Man

Murphee Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    I don't how I forgot about this, but I just remember it after being on another board and seeing a comment made about how Robin Williams was such a sweet and caring guy and how there weren't any reports of him being an a-hole to anyone. But he did!

My Sister-in-law once worked as a receptionist for an entertainment lawyer in LA, and she met a lot of celebs - including Robin Williams, who was a client. She didn't have anything really nice to say about him! She's very religious and a very sweet person, so I was a bit shocked when she told me how Robin was basically an a-hole around the office - ordering people around, and also she'd overhear him on one of the office phones, yelling and cussing out whoever it was he was speaking to. She was pretty appalled by him!
    I know someone who worked with him on a movie, and he said that Robin was a sweet, extremely shy and humble man.

I think I'll believe the rest of the population rather than your sister in law. No offense.

not very A
    Exactly. Whoever took this is a jackass.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe_Zeppelin View Post
    I've never been a Russell Brand fan, but after reading his thoughts on Robin Williams, I now have a newfound respect and admiration for Mr. Brand. His words were so eloquent and articulate. They very vividly captured the spirit of Robin and all his wild manic glory, IMO. So cheers to Russell and his moving homage to the man with a thousand characters.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Robin+Williams+Russell+Brand+Arthur+New+York+6Zqn3ZEgippl.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	71.5 KB 
ID:	51288Click image for larger version. 

Name:	arthur-ny-premiere-2011-robin-williams-russell-brand-58014.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	70.2 KB 
ID:	51289
    Russell Brand is a lot cooler than people give him credit for. He's very talented and seems to be very sweet, based on what I have read about him.

Quote Originally Posted by StewartGilliganGriffin View Post
    What kind of POS takes a celeb photo of a person in an AA meeting? Just awful. On a happier note here's a nice little story about Robin's USO work. As with everyone else apparently, the troops loved him. http://movies.msn.com/movies/article.aspx?news=881999
    A complete jackass with NO HEART. If I was with a celebrity I would NEVER take a pic of them at an NA or AA meeting. WHAT AN ASSHOLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The asshole prick who took a pic of him at the AA meeting needs a good smack in the face. IMO.

Bayou Queen Guest

I am sorry your Sister in Law has this memory of him. But I can't imagine anyone who has done the amount of drugs he had and was an alcoholic on top of the depression not acting out at times. I am sure he had many dark moments. I heard on t.v. last night that he was also by-polar. This explains a lot about the manic "highs" he had where he went a mile a minute to the lowest of lows. Sadly, depression can make you think you are the worse, most unworthy person on the face of the earth and make you hate yourself more than anyone else could possibly hate you.
    Last edited by Bayou Queen; 08-13-2014 at 07:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Fishhead View Post
    The asshole prick who took a pic of him at the AA meeting needs a good smack in the face. IMO.
    Or a punch in the throat.

rockalittle Guest
    I read on wiki that kids tormented/bullied Robin as a kid and there is not much about his relationship with his parents except that he tried to make his mom laugh to love him. I think quite possibly like he suffered a lifetime with those issues. Acceptance, or not having acceptance at a young age can be something you never get over......Everyone is talking about depression and 'why'..so much can be traced back to the childhood..Poor guy, must have struggled his entire life..

Wendy A. Guest
    Well, this is kinda cool! http://www.tristatehomepage.com/stor...qECpUjcAWLPPfA It's where I live, and where his family is from. Kinda cool, I have a joke for this... but I think it's too early. (I don't think Robin would think so )

Quote Originally Posted by Wendy A. View Post
    Well, this is kinda cool! http://www.tristatehomepage.com/stor...qECpUjcAWLPPfA It's where I live, and where his family is from. Kinda cool, I have a joke for this... but I think it's too early. (I don't think Robin would think so )
    Cool!! Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by Wendy A. View Post
    I agree! Robin would want laughter.

Thought this was great. Robin entertains the troops & gets interrupted by a flag ceremony.

According to neighbour, Mrs Doubtfire 2 did it to him

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/cele...Doubtfire.html
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    When I close my eyes I can see you. And finally, Thank you Dad. for everything.
    March 1934-July 2016

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/t...icious-trolls/

Zelda has been driven off instagram and twitter by trolls that posted photo shopped pics of her Dad saying they were post mortem, and that it was her fault he killed himself as they were estranged.

Why do some people have to suck so much?
    [SIGPIC]Morgan[/SIGPIC]

Wendy A. Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcafgr View Post

Damn! I hate to hear that I loved him in the first one!

Quote Originally Posted by TheWrath of MadelineKahn View Post

Zelda has been driven off instagram and twitter by trolls that posted photo shopped pics of her Dad saying they were post mortem, and that it was her fault he killed himself as they were estranged.

Some people have no soul.

I will abide by the majority opinion and not some "religious" person
    99 percent are hypocrites at BEST

Quote Originally Posted by StewartGilliganGriffin View Post
    I think I'll believe the rest of the population rather than your sister in law. No offense.
    That's up to you. But I don't think he was as "perfect" as everyone is making him to be. Just sayin'....

That's up to you. But I don't think he was as "perfect" as everyone is making him to be. Just sayin'....
    We all have our moments. Who hasn't? I'm sure I've been an ass to people before when having a bad day.

YuukaK Guest
    My favorite line in The Birdcage is when he talks about what dancers the crew can imitate.

YuukaK Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by findadeathaddict View Post
    Or a punch in the throat.
    They deserve to be smacked on the head....with a hammer....repeatedly...

Kazz Guest

That is actually awful for his daughter to have to deal with poor darling, i hope she and the rest of the family can find some strength
    with knowing how much robin was respected by his many fans around the world!

Quote Originally Posted by YuukaK View Post
    They deserve to be smacked on the head....with a hammer....repeatedly...
    Or this. This would work as well!

Just wish he had not done it at home. Someone you love has to find your ass.

I hope they find the person who took that picture of him at AA. That's one of AA's most severe violations. Why do people feel that there are no boundaries when it comes to other's privacy?
    In Loving Memory of Timothy Houdek, October 22, 1969 - January 8, 2013

My awesome dad: Harry Houdek, September 8, 1933 - November 20, 2013

Words can't convey how much I miss you both. RIP with love.

YuukaK Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviatrix View Post
    I hope they find the person who took that picture of him at AA. That's one of AA's most severe violations. Why do people feel that there are no boundaries when it comes to other's privacy?
    People think that since the people they photograph are celebrities, that means it's open season on their privacy.

What a truly fucked up society we live in.

I feel so bad for Zelda. I know what it's like to lose my father. So, my empathy is with her.

Quote Originally Posted by YuukaK View Post
    My favorite line in The Birdcage is when he talks about what dancers the crew can imitate.
    FOSSIE FOSSIE FOSSIE!!!

ETA: I just can't help but want to school anyone who says anything negative about Robin. I seriously cannot stand the people who are bashing him on the net. They need to have a seat at the children's table and listen. Also, bashing does not mean a negative story about him. I'll get to my thoughts about that in a minute.

The man lived with depression, self-doubt, self-hatred, etc. I wonder if the ones that are bashing him hard (I'm not talking about anyone on here. I'm talking about the redditors, the TMZ'ers, etc) tried living in his shoes if they could even make it to 63. They probably couldn't even make it to 16.

Yes. But still. To the ones who had a negative story about him. He probably had his bad days and said something not so nice to someone somewhere. But, we all do. We all lash out when we are feeling hurt or restless. So, let's not just say "oh, he said fuck my great aunt Sally once. He was a real douchebag" When we don't know what he could have been going through at the time. And, to the ones who are really going at him that didn't even have stories or knew him. They just need to hush with the negativity. Especially the ones attacking Zelda and the Westboro loons.

So. With that I close. Even though I never did get the pleasure of meeting Robin. I could definitely feel for him. He seemed to have such a kind soul. Yet, a tormented one as well. And that, I understand.
    Last edited by Dr. Fishhead; 08-13-2014 at 10:50 AM.

Seagorath Guest
    Robin Williams lived a GREAT and FULL life. How can so many petty humans find fault in his existence. This is what's wrong with mankind.

This is why so many humans are PATHETIC, AVERAGE...and WILL NEVER BE REMEMBERED. Their minds can't CREATE and INVENT and DO WONDERFUL things.

Robin Williams is immortalized now. Will YOU be?

YuukaK Guest
    I vote we punt all these jerks into the sun.

I vote we punt them in something that rhymes with punt.

God, the more that time goes on, the more this death is sinking in, and the worse it's making me feel. This is a tough one. Usually when a celebrity I care about dies, it helps me to watch their movies, listen to their music, etc. But when I think of watching any of Robin's work, I just can't do it. I can't see him or hear his voice, it's too painful. Aladdin is my go-to, childish comfort movie and I can't imagine watching it now. This loss is huge and confusing. I understand he was depressed and I can empathize, but still, I just don't get it. It still doesn't make sense somehow.

If anyone cares, Steven Tyler spoke nicely about Robin Williams' passing on youtube. A paparazzi asked him about it and recorded what he said: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGabgNh_orc

ozzysmom Guest
    I have to say, since I've been a member of FAD, there have only been a handful of celebrities who's death thread has grown so fast. Robin, Michael, Heath, Whitney.....

Quote Originally Posted by Mcafgr View Post

jesus, I made a joke that the reason was this movie... I guess I'm wise beyond my years!

Edit: ok, having actually read the article it's very misleading, the overall idea of making movies would be more to blame than that particular movie.
    Last edited by Jason; 08-13-2014 at 11:56 AM.

babyblujems Guest
    He looks like he had decided to just give up in the AA picture. Instead of taking the photo, the person should have gone up and talked to him. Who knows they might have given him a reason to live.

ozzysmom Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by babyblujems View Post
    He looks like he had decided to just give up in the AA picture. Instead of taking the photo, the person should have gone up and talked to him. Who knows they might have given him a reason to live.

I completely agree. There is not enough compassion in the world anymore.....

Ugh that AA pic is bothering me. Not just for the obvious reason that some jackhole violated all rules of decency by taking it. If there was a picture next to the word "Depression" in the dictionary it would be Robin's face in that pic. Bah!!! I know I asked before but I'll ask again... How does someone leave a person known to be severely depressed alone for 14 hours?

rockalittle Guest
    My opinion is he battled depression probably his entire life.

When you get to that level nothing makes it "better". Fame, money, fancy houses, and sadly not even loved ones are 'enough' to make the pain go away. Couple that with years of drinking and drugs that possibly/probably altered his thinking and self-value opinion over time (even if he was clean at the time of his death, I think years of drugs and drin king affect your mind for the worse) and as I said earlier, so much comes back to a person's childhood....If they did not feel loved or accepted in their childhood then it is very hard to ever feel love or acceptance their entire life.

Bullying from other kids as a child is something many never get over or fully recover from.
    And if he was always trying to make his mom laugh to make him feel like she loved him, then my guess is he in general grew up feeling not accepted or loved by his mom and that is also something someone never really gets over. Of course we do not know much of his relationship he had with his mother growing up, not much was written about it. But it just seems like he had a lifelong battle. Sad that he just buried the pain all those years. If he got treatment back when he was young, even as a child or even in his 20's, things might have been different. But as the TMZ report said, when he went for treatment last month and by then he was 'too far gone'...

What I really don't understand is why his family left him alone. Supposedly his wife left to go grocery shopping that day..why did she not have a neighbor visit with him or family or friend while she went out..? Being he was fresh out of rehab, I don't understand. But I guess he is an adult and he probably gave her a big 'I'm okay honey-go ahead and go out!!!' with that big smile of his....she probably thought he was 'fine'..

ozzysmom Guest
    The type of depression that I have comes and goes. Or should I say, it's good for awhile then the darkness creeps in again. Like a wave of grief. I've learned to notice the signs of it setting in, it doesn't keep it from setting in, but knowing it's coming helps me prepare for it. Not all depression is the same. Some live with it every single day of their lives, some it comes and goes like mine. Either way....darkness is darkness and it's a shitty place to be. I know I'm not the only one who feels that if I could have helped Robin with my love and support, he'd still be here today.

I feel so bad for his wife. People who suffer from depression are VERY good at hiding it and pretending everything is alright. I suspect this is what Robin did. Just look at his body of work, he was very good at hiding it....

Kazz Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ozzysmom View Post
    The type of depression that I have comes and goes. Or should I say, it's good for awhile then the darkness creeps in again. Like a wave of grief. I've learned to notice the signs of it setting in, it doesn't keep it from setting in, but knowing it's coming helps me prepare for it. Not all depression is the same. Some live with it every single day of their lives, some it comes and goes like mine. Either way....darkness is darkness and it's a shitty place to be. I know I'm not the only one who feels that if I could have helped Robin with my love and support, he'd still be here today.

I feel so bad for his wife. People who suffer from depression are VERY good at hiding it and pretending everything is alright. I suspect this is what Robin did. Just look at his body of work, he was very good at hiding it....
    I have a family member who suffers from depression and tries to pretend that everything is okay, but when your a comedian i guess it's much easier to pretend that everything is okay by making others laugh?

Fishhead FOSSIE FOSSIE FOSSIE is a great scene. Bouncing around doing his hilarious manic bit and at the end saying, "But keep it all inside". Hilarious.