Thread: Chinese Couple Freezes Toddler Sons After Accident GRAPHIC

Chinese Couple Freezes Toddler Sons After Accident GRAPHIC

Wendy A. Guest
    How sad! I couldn't imagine the grief they are in.

Mammy Guest
    It's sad that they are dead, but where were the parents when the boys were near this dangerous place? Did they just let the boys wander there on their own? There are dangerous places everywhere, but it's the job of the parents to keep a three and five year old away from those places. I don't understand what freezing their bodies accomplishes.

I am a little lost. What is the point of freezing them? What does that have to do with "getting answers"??

Mammy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Upset View Post
    I am a little lost. What is the point of freezing them? What does that have to do with "getting answers"??
    I don't get that either. It's like a ransom situation to get what they want, but they're using their own dead kids.

Wendy A. Guest
    I wondered what the point of that was too. I was shocked they had 2 kids, I thought they were only allowed one? This story reminds me of a set of twins that drowned together. They were walking across a frozen pond on the way home from school and fell through. I can't imagine losing one child! I think 2 in the same day would kill me.

Wendy, apparently they make a lot of exceptions to the one child policy. For example, in rural areas they can have a second child if the first is female or disabled. According to Wikipedia, in 2007 the policy only applied to 35.9% of the population. And I assume these poor folks are allowed to start over if they want to.

I think they are allowed to have more boys.

I was confused by the story also. What's the purpose of freezing them until they are paid.

I was also curious how long that extension cord must be for that freezer. I am not even being a smart ass this time. The pictures look like they are right next to where they drowned. The extension cord was what popped into my head. It was probably a defense against the poor babies.

1karenhb Guest
    This is so sad but I don't understand keeping the bodies on ice for payment either. SheeBee I don't think the freezer is plugged in. I think they are just putting ice in the freezer.

Quote Originally Posted by 1karenhb View Post
    This is so sad but I don't understand keeping the bodies on ice for payment either. SheeBee I don't think the freezer is plugged in. I think they are just putting ice in the freezer.
    Yea, based on the pic I believe that is what they are doing. This seems like a really bad case of denial. I understand their protests, but keeping them in a freezer on ice until something is done is not going to make a change. The government does not care about poor people.

Quote Originally Posted by Wendy A. View Post
    I wondered what the point of that was too. I was shocked they had 2 kids, I thought they were only allowed one? This story reminds me of a set of twins that drowned together. They were walking across a frozen pond on the way home from school and fell through. I can't imagine losing one child! I think 2 in the same day would kill me.
    I thought they were only allowed one unless the first was a girl. Apparently I am not very up on their policies after reading this thread. I feel really bad for these parents but I don't understand what they want to accomplish. They warned the children not to go there but they are a little young to just be given a warning and let go.

Poor bastards. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting to get compensation out of those bureaucratic corrupt assholes.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

This is a bizzare story all around. The place looks like a lake. If your kid drowned in a lake (that you knew was there) does the state owe you money for that too? Also... what's up with the blurring of only the eyes of these kids for the website?

MinLynn Guest
    The way I read it (and I could've read it completely wrong!) they're not holding the boys' bodies for money or compensation. I think it's more of a protest against those who left the quarry open and full of water. I guess, kinda like those protesters that hold up pics of abortions as a "See what you're doing!" kinda thing.