Thread: Intruder yells "I'm pregnant", old dude shoots her anyway

Intruder yells "I'm pregnant", old dude shoots her anyway

She wasn't actually pregnant, although of course the frail oldster who shot her did not know this.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/07/25/justic...html?hpt=hp_t2

Not looking good for the old guy...She was shot in the back twice whilst running away. The law will state he was only right in shooting her if his life was being threatened, and since they were running away, it no longer was. Not feeling good about his chances for continued freedom...
    By my troth, I care not; a man can die but once; we owe God a death.... He that dies this year is quit for the next.
    --William Shakespeare!

StewartGilliganGriffin Guest
    If the old dude had just kept his mouth shut and not spoken to the media there's no way he would be charged. Now... not so sure. He's 80. If he'd just done the old guy bit he would be treated like a hero!! "Oh Oh Oh... they beat me... they hurt me... i was scared and alone... i'm just a confused old man.. i didn't mean to hurt anyone... i was just so scared... i thought they'd kill me". I sure hope he's not charged. This is an entirely different situation than that asshole that laid in wait for those kids and shot them like animals.

Mammy Guest
    In the eyes of the law, he may not get away with it, but he did society a favor. People who think it is okay to break into someone's home, beat and throw an eighty year old man to the ground, and break his collarbone and cause him cuts and bruises deserve whatever they get.

The law can charge him, but a jury must convict him and I'm betting they won't.

Rosebud666 Guest
    I'm going to write this one down on a file card an stick it in my back pocket.

The next time it looks like I'm about to get shot (OK, in praxis this has never happened), I'll whip it out and scream "But I'm pregnant!"

7. 07-26-2014, 12:30 AM

Wendy A. Guest
    It seems like the elderly are targeted for home invasions... At least that's the case where I live. Nice to see they're defending themselves. I don't think he'll serve time over it.

If I'm on the jury I'm finding him "not guilty". If they hadn't first been violent with him I might feel different, but that is irrelevant, they were.

I agree that charges seem unlikely. Usually I roll my eyes when people say this, but after being manhandled the way he was I think he could legitimately have been in shock.

Its like that episode of Magnum P.I. where Ivan tests Magnum's patience

IMO this is a good shot and the world is in this guys debt.

endsleigh03 Guest
    I hope they let it go. These 2 got what they deserved. One dead, one caught.

Wrapped up nicely

Bidmor Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    In the eyes of the law, he may not get away with it, but he did society a favor. People who think it is okay to break into someone's home, beat and throw an eighty year old man to the ground, and break his collarbone and cause him cuts and bruises deserve whatever they get.
    ^^This^^

Absolutely !

I tried the, "I'm pregnant" thing once with a girlfriend. She tripped me up when she asked if I was sure it was mine.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

Sounds like this was the 3rd time he's been burglarized. If this man has family, why aren't they stepping up to move him somewhere safer? My great great uncle- late 80's was living in his family home since earlier this year. The neighborhood he had lived in for many many years has turned into a demilitarized zone, and we all worried about him. They moved him to an apartment- not assisted living a few months ago- makes us all feel better.

I don't think they'll charge him.
    Performing my signature monkey hump move since 10/16/2007...

RIP Dad- 11/14/1947 to 12/16/2013

babyblujems Guest
    I don't think they will charge him. They have to know that a jury is not going to convict him, especially if these two had prior records.

If they had kept these meth-heads behind bars where they belong, this wouldn't have happened.

I hope they don't charge him either, but I wouldn't be too surprised if they do, DA's seem to have a strong sense of upholding the law, especially when it brings them media attention. I seriously doubt he would do any time, even on the slim chance he was convicted. Three times burglarized by these worthless scumbags and then getting beat would send anyone running after their attacker. I'm glad he wasted her, and wish the other one hadn't gotten away.
    By my troth, I care not; a man can die but once; we owe God a death.... He that dies this year is quit for the next.
    --William Shakespeare!

i will never feel sorry for jerk off thieves. that said, wish he didn't open mouth. i hope he doesn't get charged either

Quote Originally Posted by PiggyTx View Post
    i will never feel sorry for jerk off thieves. that said, wish he didn't open mouth. i hope he doesn't get charged either
    Shooting her in the back could have been a problem for.him no matter what he said, but under the circumstances I think he will be okay.

1karenhb Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    I second that Mammy.

Shooting them is one thing, but in the back? Fail.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Good riddance. At least her genes were removed before it was too late.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

Rosebud666 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by neilmpenny View Post
    Of course, if he had thought a little quicker, he could have just said "hey miss, you dropped your wallet" and waited until she turned around, then BLAMMO! :-)
    Sometimes I'm just evil like that.
    Last edited by Rosebud666; 07-28-2014 at 02:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by neilmpenny View Post
    How about granting American meth-heads refugee status down under?

Sounds like the homeowner had dementia. Watch the video:
    http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/lo...268364152.html
    http://lbpost.com/news/crime/2000004...s#.U9cYnuNdWSo
    Im sure the investigation will reveal a very different account of events than the medias rehashing of this poor crazy old mans delusional confused contradictory statement expressing his interpretation of the incident.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

I wonder if the news media is distorting the facts again? In the case of the SODO shooting, NOT ONCE did ANY story in the media note that the decedent had a felony conviction for armed robbery, and that his sentencing conditions contained a stern warning not to possess firearms.