Thread: Balthasar Gerard

Balthasar Gerard

Only a fellow death hag might understand why I would be thinking of all of the different ways people have died. I decided to ask google what the worst death of anybody, ever, might be. This is what I found.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balthasar_G%C3%A9rard

Trial, torture, and execution

At the house he immediately underwent a preliminary examination before the city magistrates. Upon being interrogated by the magistrates, he reportedly showed neither despair nor contrition, but rather a quiet exultation, stating: "Like David, he had slain Goliath of Gath."
    At his trial, GĂ©rard was sentenced to be brutally â?? even by the standards of that time â?? killed. The magistrates decreed that the right hand of GĂ©rard should be burned off with a red-hot iron, that his flesh should be torn from his bones with pincers in six different places, that he should be quartered and disemboweled alive, his heart torn from his bosom and flung in his face, and that, finally, his head should be taken off.[1]
    GĂ©rard's torture was also very brutal. On the first night of his imprisonment GĂ©rard was hung on a pole and lashed with a whip. After that his wounds were smeared with honey and a goat was brought to lick the honey off his skin with his rough tongue. The goat however refused to touch the body of the sentenced. After this and other tortures he was left to pass the night with his hands and feet bound together, like a ball, so sleep would be difficult. During the following three days, he was repeatedly mocked and hung on a pole with his hands tied behind his back. Then a weight of 300 metric pounds (150 kg) was attached to each of his big toes for half an hour. After this half hour GĂ©rard was fitted with shoes made of well-oiled, uncured dog skin; the shoes were two fingers shorter than his feet. In this state he was put before a fire. When the shoes warmed up, they contracted, crushing the feet inside them to stumps. When the shoes were removed, his half-broiled skin was torn off. After his feet were damaged, his armpits were branded. After that he was dressed in a shirt soaked in alcohol. Then burning bacon fat was poured over him and sharp nails were stuck between the flesh and the nails of his hands and feet. GĂ©rard is said to have remained calm during his torture. On 14 July 1584, GĂ©rard was executed.[2][3]
    Regards,
    Tamie
    When you are dead, you don't know you are dead. It is difficult only for the others. It is the same when you are stupid.

ozzysmom Guest
    What the hell did he do to deserve that punishment???

ozzysmom Guest
    scratch that, just saw the Wiki link, lol

That's certainly pretty damn rough.

I couldn't help but think of the poor dog they made shoes with.
    I am the king of all things stupid!

At least they didn't mess with his gigglebits

And regardless on what torture he endured and still held strong, like a boss.

They let the bastard off easy...

Killing our founding father by selling your soul to the devil (Spain)
    Some compare Elvis to God.. I mean He is good, but He is no Elvis

Well, damn. Overkill much? No pun intended.

Or how about, can't remember who did this, had a life size bull made of iron, and he would put people inside of it and put the bull over a fire and let them slowly roast to death.

Found it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brazen_bull

As Stan Marsh would say, "Dude, this is pretty fucked up right here."

StewartGilliganGriffin Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    Or how about, can't remember who did this, had a life size bull made of iron, and he would put people inside of it and put the bull over a fire and let them slowly roast to death.

Yeah I saw that on some show about torture on the History channel. That one stood out to me as the worst of them all. I can't even imagine. The metal would get hot and burn you and you'd try to hop and squirm away from it but there's nowhere to go.

ozzysmom Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by StewartGilliganGriffin View Post
    Yeah I saw that on some show about torture on the History channel. That one stood out to me as the worst of them all. I can't even imagine. The metal would get hot and burn you and you'd try to hop and squirm away from it but there's nowhere to go.

Yeah that would be horrific!!

William the Silent seems like he was a pretty cool dude. Didn't know anything about him before reading this stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post

OMG. That is seriously some harsh shit.

He sure was lucky that goat didn't lick the honey off - man; that would be torture!
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

Talk about extreme.. would be good deterrent for child molesters. This is what we will do to you.. you think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    Talk about extreme.. would be good deterrent for child molesters. This is what we will do to you.. you think about it.

I agree there.