Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Malaysian Plane Shot Down, 295 Passengers Aboard

Malaysian Plane Shot Down, 295 Passengers Aboard

The details are sketchy, but it's reported that the airliner was last seen over Ukraine territory.
    It's said 280 passengers and 15 crew members have been lost...
    It's difficult to discern exactly what the details are, but my God.

Also: What the hell, Malaysia?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_5595447.html
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul! (Invictus)
    (And Timothy McVeigh's last words...)

They are saying on the news that it was something bigger than a surface to air missile that took it down.

Things just can't quiet down out there. What a horrendous way to die.
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    When I close my eyes I can see you. And finally, Thank you Dad. for everything.
    March 1934-July 2016

StewartGilliganGriffin Guest
    Oh boy. The question now, "who did it?" I sure hope it wasn't the Ukrainians. Horrible either way. I blame Russia regardless. They started the hostility that lead to this. If indeed it was a rocket... which it appears to be. A big one.

I hope it was quick for all on board.

The news is showing footage of the scene but they can't show more than a snippet because there are bodies everywhere.

ozzysmom Guest
    Holy shitballs!!!!

You're not alone in thinking Russia, Stewie.

From Scott's FB comments... somebody said "Ironically, this is the 18th anniversary of TVA Flight 800, also questionable."

It just... I know it didn't happen here and it didn't happen to (I'm assuming, of course) to anyone we know but my god, when I think of how the loss of one person can change so many lives, how a single life lost can ripple-effect into such enormous grief.... to imagine 295 souls that were just fine this morning and now are gone. 295 mother's children, 295 life-changing phone calls.... it is positively staggering.

I was reading that "Which Stories Are You Obsessed With?" thread (started by Mammy I think) and someone expressed a fascination with cockpit recordings and such, made just before and during a crash. And I'd never thought about that before but yeah, I can see the unrepentant-death-hag in me thinking the same thing: What was it like in that plane after they knew they were doomed but before the crash? 295, learning together that their lives are over... what must that sound like, look like, be like? (This is something other death hags will also wonder, but if I asked that among any other group of folks, they'd give me that what-the-hell's-wrong-with-you look.)

God help the families of the victims... I don't want to know how it feels to lose a loved one this way, to wonder how long he knew, to wonder what his last moments were like. I'd like to think they didn't see it coming, but I'm thinking they probably did... anyone have any idea if a plane being shot down (if that's what happened) would give any... would they have any time at all to panic, pray, anything?
    Last edited by TaupinJohn; 07-17-2014 at 10:06 AM. Reason: too friggin' long... even for me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul! (Invictus)
    (And Timothy McVeigh's last words...)

Agree about hoping it was quick. The thought of falling from 30,000 feet while totally conscious is just an unbearable thought.

How terrible!!!! Ugh makes me more and more scared to fly ever again.

Remember that Russia supplied all of Ukraine with missiles. The only way to see who fired it is to see if there is a radar track to see if it was airplane launched or from the ground. they both will blame each other. and nothing will come of it. This is a huge escalation. Now that it has spread to killing innocent foreigners, the UN should demand some Patriot batteries along the border. Obama will never do it though, too busy on vacation in the Hamptons.
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    March 1934-July 2016

Is it just a coincidence that yesterday the US imposed more sanctions against Russia? I'd say probably yes but that timing is odd.

One last thing....Monday a military transport was shot down along the coast. The rebels too credit....although ukraine says they don't have the weaponry. Probably just covering for the Russians. You need some serious firepower to take down a plane at 30k feet. Although the 777 has only 2 engines, take oyt one with a heat seeker and the plane goes down period.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/ukraine-...ilitary-plane/
    March 1934-July 2016

Quote Originally Posted by TaupinJohn View Post
    You're not alone in thinking Russia, Stewie.

From Scott's FB comments... somebody said "Ironically, this is the 18th anniversary of TVA Flight 800, also questionable."

It just... I know it didn't happen here and it didn't happen to (I'm assuming, of course) to anyone we know but my god, when I think of how the loss of one person can change so many lives, how a single life lost can ripple-effect into such enormous grief.... to imagine 295 souls that were just fine this morning and now are gone. 295 mother's children, 295 life-changing phone calls.... it is positively staggering.

I was reading that "Which Stories Are You Obsessed With?" thread (started by Mammy I think) and someone expressed a fascination with cockpit recordings and such, made just before and during a crash. And I'd never thought about that before but yeah, I can see the unrepentant-death-hag in me thinking the same thing: What was it like in that plane after they knew they were doomed but before the crash? 295, learning together that their lives are over... what must that sound like, look like, be like? (This is something other death hags will also wonder, but if I asked that among any other group of folks, they'd give me that what-the-hell's-wrong-with-you look.)

God help the families of the victims... I don't want to know how it feels to lose a loved one this way, to wonder how long he knew, to wonder what his last moments were like. I'd like to think they didn't see it coming, but I'm thinking they probably did... anyone have any idea if a plane being shot down (if that's what happened) would give any... would they have any time at all to panic, pray, anything?
    You should check out PSA Flight 182. The pilot was talking all the way up until the end.

There were eye witness reports of people still alive being launched out of the plane.

This is horrible, and too eerie the way it's on the anniversary of TWA flight 800. May they R.I.P.
    Everyone must die but not everyone has lived

And here we Go!

Ukraine: We did not shoot at any plane

http://news.yahoo.com/ukraine-did-no...--finance.html
    March 1934-July 2016

Some ooogy pics if you are so inclined.....open at own risk.....

https://news.vice.com/article/malays...astern-ukraine
    March 1934-July 2016

Some ooogy pics if you are so inclined.....open at own risk.....

https://news.vice.com/article/malays...astern-ukraine

And here

http://rt.com/news/173628-malaysian-...crash-ukraine/
    March 1934-July 2016

Damn tragic pictures especially seeing the lady laying next to the chairs I hope she died instantly and wasn't blown alive outside the aircraft

Rosebud666 Guest
    German TV is reporting that there were 80 children among the passengers and dozens of Dutch nationals aboard.

Her leg seems to be broken

You really have to hand it to the Firefighters of the world because they go above and beyond when they are called to duty.

I'm seeing the picture of the Firefighter putting out the flames and the ground is just covered with people.

Rosebud666 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RiotBoots View Post
    Her leg seems to be broken
    I think you mislleped "her foot appears to be missing", but I'm not willing to look at the picture again to confirm. (Yes folks, that's how bad it was. Even I have my limits, especially right before bedtime.)

Its a crazy world we live in when a plane full of innocent people gets shot down. Whomever threw the switch is the biggest savage who doesn't even deserve to take another breath. I really can't get past the idea that people kill each other over religious fervor.

24. 07-17-2014, 12:19 PM
    Reason
    Delete

A shoulder launched weapon could have caused it to crash but with this debris field it looks like a sam hit. 23 US citizens were aboard.

They already know if it was a rocket or not. They knew that shit pretty much immediately. They need to announce if it was a rocket or not. Then let the conjecture of who did what begin if they don't know who did it.

not really. it depends on which media outlet from which you are getting your information. NEVER take the US media at face value.

Ask and I shall receive. It's been announced that it was a surface to air missile that caused this. Vice President Biden announced it. I'd say that's a decent source lol

Alleged video of wreckage.. Up close.. **VERY GRAPHIC!!* Gore. Kids. Bad. http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=0e5_1...ource=Liveleak

Thanks Riot.

Alleged video of wreckage.. Up close.. **VERY GRAPHIC!!* Gore. Kids. Bad. http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=0e5_1...ource=Liveleak

Thanks Riot. I'm surprised that some of the bodies were somewhat intact.

Just reminds me why I no longer fly.
    Cindy

good find Riot. Alot of web sites, of course, blurr out the bodies. I can kinda get that, but death hag like me, I wanna see. PPl should see too. see what kind of destruction and fucked upped shit goes on in real life. just my honest opinion. But I get that alot of ppl think its crude and rude.
    Last edited by PiggyTx; 07-17-2014 at 02:32 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by PiggyTx View Post
    good find Riot. Alot of web sites, of course, blurr out the bodies. I can kinda get that, but death hag like me, I wanna see. PPl should see too. see what kind of destruction and fucked upped shit goes on in real life. just my honest opinion. But I get that alot of ppl think its crude and rude.
    Lotta people ain't death hags, but I get it too. Thanks riot.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Thanks for the video, couldn't look away.
    Bet more to come in the days ahead.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Thanks Riot.....good find. so much carnage. just hope they went quick RIP folks....you didn't deserve this
    March 1934-July 2016

Jesus, those poor people.

On a lighter note, WTH is wrong with Jason Biggs?

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...icle-1.1870847

He tweeted "Anyone wanna buy my Malaysia Airlines frequent flier miles?” he wrote.

Then of course got all pissy and defensive when people called him on it.

"“Hey all you ‘too soon’ a-----s- it's a f-----g joke. You don't have to think it's funny, or even be on my twitter page at all,” the actor wrote."

Yeah, your comedic stylings are outstanding. Wait until they cost you a job like Adam Richman.
    [SIGPIC]Morgan[/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    Thanks Riot. I'm surprised that some of the bodies were somewhat intact.

Yes, thank you Riot. Since the plane obviously came apart in mid air, it makes me wonder if these folks were hurled to earth. The debris field is huge and none of the bodies in this video are burned, so they were not near the explosion and fireball caused by the jet fuel. This is just unbelievable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Casper, I love you so much baby boy... waking up with you in the house is a blessing every day! Thank you for filling our home and hearts with so much love, joy, laughter and ever so sweet Sammy smiles! We belong together! XOXOX

Quote Originally Posted by TheWrath of MadelineKahn View Post
    Jesus, those poor people.

On a lighter note, WTH is wrong with Jason Biggs?

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...icle-1.1870847

He tweeted "Anyone wanna buy my Malaysia Airlines frequent flier miles?” he wrote.

Then of course got all pissy and defensive when people called him on it.

"“Hey all you ‘too soon’ a-----s- it's a f-----g joke. You don't have to think it's funny, or even be on my twitter page at all,” the actor wrote."

Yeah, your comedic stylings are outstanding. Wait until they cost you a job like Adam Richman.
    jason biggs is a jerk off no talent. how can you think tweeting something like this won't get you some smack? ppl dont think. geez.
    never liked him, and hope his character somehow goes away on OITNB

Oh my........

I would not think there would be anything left of the bodies......wow.

Thanks Riot.

Oh, Lord. I could weep.
    Everyone must die but not everyone has lived

Bidmor Guest
    Not to go OT but this act of aggression coming on the same day Israel deploys ground forces into Gaza. The world continues to get uglier.

AussieBec Guest
    This is so sad those poor people

Quote Originally Posted by Bidmor View Post
    Not to go OT but this act of aggression coming on the same day Israel deploys ground forces into Gaza. The world continues to get uglier.
    I'm assuming they're related but it could be the conspirator in me. But seriously everyone should consider who's allied in a chain of nations. Oh and consider the whole BRIC bank system and the debate of which major nation gets the headquarters.
    I am the king of all things stupid!

JudyAnn Guest
    I clicked on the LIveLeak, saw a quick glimpse of a smoking body and slammed my laptop shut. I can't look, DeathHags.

Full confession, I zoomed in on Jane-What's-Her-Name crashing to the ground during the air show then watched the photos frame by frame. This crash, today, I can't do. Maybe later, maybe never.

ozzysmom Guest
    Jane What's-Her-Name who?

Jane Wicker, the wing walker who was killed during an air show last year. http://www.findadeath.com/forum/show...ghlight=wicker

ozzysmom Guest
    Ohhhhh ok, lol. I couldn't for the life of me figure out who you were talking about, lol

Oh!!! Russian separatists caught on tape discussing the "fuck up" of shooting down this plane. Hopefully this will get the Europeans fired up and join us in some serious sanctions.

Quote Originally Posted by StewartGilliganGriffin View Post
    Oh!!! Russian separatists caught on tape discussing the "fuck up" of shooting down this plane. Hopefully this will get the Europeans fired up and join us in some serious sanctions.

Is there audio, Stewart?
    March 1934-July 2016

Coincidence that yet another air disaster involves Malaysian Airlines? Doubt it.
    Any day above ground is a good day.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcafgr View Post
    Is there audio, Stewart?
    Absolutely. NBC ran it and MSNBC ran it.