Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Malaysian Plane Shot Down, 295 Passengers Aboard

This might be what happened to the other one Geeky.
    I am the king of all things stupid!

Ilmatar Guest
    I know this is not something you'd expect to see here. But here it goes. I'm shit scared that a war is near.
    This impending war impacts my family. Like really. And I want to tell this to you, whom I've grown to think of as my "friends". I haven't posted that much but I've always been on the background...
    So there's going to be a war. My husband'll be deployed and, well, killed. That's a given, it's just my luck. There's no way any of us will come out of this as winners. The psychotic Russian president is going to kill my husband. We will never have a family as we'd hoped, and my guy will never have the chance to be what he wanted in life.

These are the fears I have to live with day by day. Today, more than any other.

Undeniably my worst fear I cannot imagine the sheer panic and fear, GODSPEED!

Quote Originally Posted by StewartGilliganGriffin View Post
    Agree about hoping it was quick. The thought of falling from 30,000 feet while totally conscious is just an unbearable thought.

Oh my dear GOD, horrible...

Quote Originally Posted by TheDude View Post
    You should check out PSA Flight 182. The pilot was talking all the way up until the end.

There were eye witness reports of people still alive being launched out of the plane.

StewartGilliganGriffin Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilmatar View Post
    I know this is not something you'd expect to see here. But here it goes. I'm shit scared that a war is near.
    This impending war impacts my family. Like really. And I want to tell this to you, whom I've grown to think of as my "friends". I haven't posted that much but I've always been on the background...
    So there's going to be a war. My husband'll be deployed and, well, killed. That's a given, it's just my luck. There's no way any of us will come out of this as winners. The psychotic Russian president is going to kill my husband. We will never have a family as we'd hoped, and my guy will never have the chance to be what he wanted in life.

Don't worry too much. I doubt full scale war is coming. Putin is psychotic; he's not stupid lol But if you look at what Putin has done the last few months it is basically the exact same thing Hitler did at the beginning.

I pray this isn't the case. May you and your husband grow old and grey together.

a Howard Stern fan fools MSNBC earlier today

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/connor-...air-youre-dumb

Absolutely terrible. Really hope it went quickly for them and nobody suffered in that field.

Quote Originally Posted by PiggyTx View Post
    jason biggs is a jerk off no talent. how can you think tweeting something like this won't get you some smack? ppl dont think. geez.
    never liked him, and hope his character somehow goes away on OITNB
    You can't expect too much from someone who's biggest claim to fame is fucking an apple pie.

This is sad. I pray for these people. And what a horrible year for Malaysia Airlines. I really hope we don't go into a full fledged war.

lovemymonkey Guest
    Horrible for those 295 people, and their families, and other loved ones. I just flew back to Tulsa from Seattle on Tuesday, I have to have Xanax to fly, and a large amount. One of the only things I truly fear, is flying. Im not afraid of dying, it happens to everyone, no way around it. It's Simply because I dont want the 3 minutes of falling to the ground, knowing whats coming. My Dr has an interesting theory though. He says the human brain is an incredible thing, and he thinks it would block it out. Kind of like people not remembering traumatic events, your mind protecting its self. Maybe wrong, but it makes me feel a little better in situations like this....

Quote Originally Posted by PiggyTx View Post
    jason biggs is a jerk off no talent. how can you think tweeting something like this won't get you some smack? ppl dont think. geez.
    never liked him, and hope his character somehow goes away on OITNB
    He contributes NOTHING to that show.

Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    You can't expect too much from someone who's biggest claim to fame is fucking an apple pie.
    Yep.

RIP to the victims. What a horrible tragedy.

The liveleak footage was pretty interesting if somewhat gruesome.

What's worrisome is "eye witnesses" crawling all over the wreckage before it was "secured". I shudder.
    Everyone must die but not everyone has lived

Ilmatar Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by McMorbid View Post
    I pray this isn't the case. May you and your husband grow old and grey together.
    Thank you for such nice words. That's my wish too, to grow old together with him and our children and their children... Alas, I fear the worst.
    And you know what's the effiest part? We're neither Russian nor Ukranian citizens. Not even close. But still, the lives of my loved ones' are at stake thanks to politics...

I understand it's easy for you in the States to comment casually on this situation. But I also hope you understand that this is about more than plain numbers, we're people. We did not ask for this.

Quote Originally Posted by duchessmary View Post
    What's worrisome is "eye witnesses" crawling all over the wreckage before it was "secured". I shudder.
    Indeed, people swanning about without a care in the world at a crime scene, contaminating evidence left, right and centre. Not great at all.

With all due respect, if any Americans were on that plane, trust me, the U.S. Military will be right there.

OMG that video....horrible....

Quote Originally Posted by The Killing Floor View Post
    Indeed, people swanning about without a care in the world at a crime scene, contaminating evidence left, right and centre. Not great at all.
    I keep thinking this every time I see the pictures of the man and boy standing on the airplane exit door.

Ilmatar Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lovemymonkey View Post
    Horrible for those 295 people, and their families, and other loved ones. I just flew back to Tulsa from Seattle on Tuesday, I have to have Xanax to fly, and a large amount. One of the only things I truly fear, is flying. Im not afraid of dying, it happens to everyone, no way around it. It's Simply because I dont want the 3 minutes of falling to the ground, knowing whats coming. My Dr has an interesting theory though. He says the human brain is an incredible thing, and he thinks it would block it out. Kind of like people not remembering traumatic events, your mind protecting its self. Maybe wrong, but it makes me feel a little better in situations like this....
    Yeah, I see the point there, but what about if you survive? You just wouldn't remember the crash? So... The theory is the one most of us hope actually works; you survive a terrible tragedy and live on without ever recollecting the details? Or that the mind blocks it out even when it's actually happening? I'm just a bit baffled, I think your ideas are very interesting, don't get me wrong, I never thought to undermine you

I imagine your body being in shock would block it out.

I only clicked the links with warnings so this may have been posted previously. It's video footage of the explosion. http://rt.com/news/173692-malaysian-plane-crash-video/

I think we've learnt from survivors that being involved in that kind of accident and walking away from it can leave you mentally scarred for life.

I like the idea of your brain being able to block it out, but there is physical evidence to suggest it's not something that happens as a matter of fact.

I believe it varies from person to person.

295 people killed by Russian separatists in Ukraine.. Since the plane was flying at 30.000 ft they had to use a Russian-supplied BUK launcher. (Russians are now becoming experts in shooting down civilian planes)

I wonder what reason they have for attacking a defenseless passenger aircraft that is no threat to them and not a part of their idiot war.
    Some compare Elvis to God.. I mean He is good, but He is no Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by SheeBee View Post
    I keep thinking this every time I see the pictures of the man and boy standing on the airplane exit door.
    What pictures?

Agreed...my 'matter of fact' comment was meant as a 'it's not set in stone' kinda thing.

I read it back and realised it might have come across as me stating it as fact that your brain can't block it out.

But I think you are right...person by person scenario.

lovemymonkey Guest
    Yeah, I see the point there, but what about if you survive? You just wouldn't remember the crash? So... The theory is the one most of us hope actually works; you survive a terrible tragedy and live on without ever recollecting the details? Or that the mind blocks it out even when it's actually happening? I'm just a bit baffled, I think your ideas are very interesting, don't get me wrong, I never thought to undermine you
    I have a friend that was in a horse accident, broke her pelvis, back, etc in 2009. She still doesnt remember it, she only remembers us having breakfast that day, and then waking up from surgery the next day. No head injury, they say she went into shock.

lovemymonkey Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by McMorbid View Post
    I believe it varies from person to person.
    I wish we had a like button, like on FB I tell myself it's true, because thats the only way I can get myself on an airplane. Obviously, I dont know for sure....but I like to believe it.

I have found out people really have no couth when it comes to respecting the dead

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tumblr_n8vzxocLOX1qjnhqgo1_500.png 
Views:	79 
Size:	283.3 KB 
ID:	51087

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tumblr_n8vzxocLOX1qjnhqgo1_500.png 
Views:	79 
Size:	283.3 KB 
ID:	51087
    Wow....that's really eerie.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Casper, I love you so much baby boy... waking up with you in the house is a blessing every day! Thank you for filling our home and hearts with so much love, joy, laughter and ever so sweet Sammy smiles! We belong together! XOXOX

I heard them mention that FB message, this afternoon, on CNN. Yeah, that's really creepy, for sure. Here's a story about it: http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/07...lly-prophetic/

Here's his Facebook page, where the pic was published:

https://www.facebook.com/cor.pan.7?fref=nf

Top HIV researchers were also killed in the crash..

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...n-Ukraine.html

An eerie flight path map, listing the flight as "CANCELED"
    http://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/mh17/#3d6095b

I'm still wondering if Russia had something to do with the other Malaysian flight that's missing off the face of the planet..
    Last edited by Jenivere2011; 07-17-2014 at 11:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Squishy View Post
    With all due respect, if any Americans were on that plane, trust me, the U.S. Military will be right there.
    Nah. There's no way we commit troops. The only way that would happen is if Russia bombed/declared war on us or one of our big allies like Germany. Luckily McCain didn't win the presidency or we'd already be at war with Russia, Pakistan, Iran, China, North Korea, and anyone else that didn't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by RiotBoots View Post
    Alleged video of wreckage.. Up close.. **VERY GRAPHIC!!* Gore. Kids. Bad. http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=0e5_1...ource=Liveleak
    Holy chit! That's about as bad as the Brazilian band crash. Only with more bodies.

Also. I've seen the PSA crash photos. This reminds me alot of it. Even the part with the looting of the bodies (Heard that on the news yesterday.) Also. If this was Russia. Bleep them. We've awoken the bear again. All countries have. Except for their allies. I'm kind of scared we're gonna have another Cold War.

I'm gonna go watch The Day After again. Just in case.

ETA: In that suitcase that was thrown out there were wrapped sausages. I will never eat sausage again now. Gave me the oogies.
    Last edited by Dr. Fishhead; 07-18-2014 at 05:07 AM.
    You robbed an international house of pancakes. How waffle-Harry T. Stone

Twitter: @rchamberlain87 Follow me if you want. Just play nice.

Only the good die young....

Quote Originally Posted by Jenivere2011 View Post
    I heard them mention that FB message, this afternoon, on CNN. Yeah, that's really creepy, for sure. Here's a story about it: http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/07...lly-prophetic/

Here's his Facebook page, where the pic was published:

https://www.facebook.com/cor.pan.7?fref=nf

He probably had a phobia or thing about planes and was just trying to be witty about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Fishhead View Post
    Holy chit! That's about as bad as the Brazilian band crash. Only with more bodies.

Also. I've seen the PSA crash photos. This reminds me alot of it. Even the part with the looting of the bodies (Heard that on the news yesterday.) Also. If this was Russia. Bleep them. We've awoken the bear again. All countries have. Except for their allies. I'm kind of scared we're gonna have another Cold War.

I'm gonna go watch The Day After again. Just in case.

ETA: In that suitcase that was thrown out there were wrapped sausages. I will never eat sausage again now. Gave me the oogies.
    AFAIK the "Pro-Russia Seperatists" are not Russians themselves, but Ukranians who wish for Ukraine to be part of Russia. Now the question is... what is Russia/Putin's involvment with this movment? There are rumors Russia is providing them weapons. However, I don't think Putin is stupid enough to "claim" allegiance with them now, if it turns out this faction shot down this plane. I'm surprised he's not come out more strongly against them after this incident, though.

So far we've got Russia and Ukraine pointing fingers at each other. Who is in charge of securing the site? I heard that the Russians were, which means God knows what.
    Everyone must die but not everyone has lived

Quote Originally Posted by Dulcinea View Post
    AFAIK the "Pro-Russia Seperatists" are not Russians themselves, but Ukranians who wish for Ukraine to be part of Russia. Now the question is... what is Russia/Putin's involvment with this movment? There are rumors Russia is providing them weapons. However, I don't think Putin is stupid enough to "claim" allegiance with them now, if it turns out this faction shot down this plane. I'm surprised he's not come out more strongly against them after this incident, though.
    Of course Russia is arming and training the separatists. It's not a rumor. Having the weaponry to shoot down planes that fly at 30,000 feet is proof positive Russia is supplying them. The separatists have a Ukrainian pilot pow that's being held in Russia. This is all Russia.

@mary Russian separatists are in charge of that territory. It's Ukrainian soil but the pro russian separatists/Russia have control there.

I'm a total Slavophile and my heart hurts for that part of the world. I pray daily for peace, and that Tsar Putin will just go away.

I hate plane crashes.
    For man also knoweth not his time: as the fishes that are taken in an evil net, and as the birds that are caught in the snare; so are the sons of men snared in an evil time, when it falleth suddenly upon them.

What's so good about goodbye, when the best was yet to come?

You should check out PSA Flight 182. The pilot was talking all the way up until the end.

There were eye witness reports of people still alive being launched out of the plane.
    I live two blocks from where that happened, I walked up there the other day and it's just so quite and I got a sad feeling.

I too hope it was quick for those on the plane, and this is why I won't fly again, flew twice in my life and was in a panic every moment of the flight.
    Last edited by pkstracy; 07-18-2014 at 09:24 AM.

Barack reporting at least one American on board
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    When I close my eyes I can see you. And finally, Thank you Dad. for everything.
    March 1934-July 2016

So far we've got Russia and Ukraine pointing fingers at each other. Who is in charge of securing the site? I heard that the Russians were, which means God knows what.
    Looks like the rebels (Russia) were in charge of the site for a long time....then they let the Ukraine military in, so the black box is not in secure hands....that being said the truth will be whatever Putin wants it to be. So enraging isn't it? if Putin actually feared the west and not thought of us as a joke, then this would never have gotten this far.
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    When I close my eyes I can see you. And finally, Thank you Dad. for everything.
    March 1934-July 2016

The black box isn't going to tell us anything anyway. They wouldn't have even known anything was going on until the rocket hit em. At best you might get a few seconds of "Oh shit!!! what happened!!!?" before the plane completely flew apart. The intelligence community have pretty much already ruled out Ukraine. It's Russia. The only question is was it separatists or the Russians themselves. Either way Russia is responsible.

Giada Guest
    http://www.latimes.com/world/europe/...718-story.html

FBI and NTSB Investigators head to the scene.

Hate to say this, but after looking at the video I think a lot if not most of them were alive when the plane came apart. They are pretty intact with lack of blast marks and some of the faces... *shudder* they looked horrified.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

Quote Originally Posted by The Killing Floor View Post
    The liveleak footage was pretty interesting if somewhat gruesome.
    Indeed it was. Gruesome, yet fascinating at the same time. I guess that is why we are death hags.

Quote Originally Posted by jerryvr View Post
    295 people killed by Russian separatists in Ukraine.. Since the plane was flying at 30.000 ft they had to use a Russian-supplied BUK launcher. (Russians are now becoming experts in shooting down civilian planes)

I wonder what reason they have for attacking a defenseless passenger aircraft that is no threat to them and not a part of their idiot war.
    I think there is a reason and Putin knows exactly what happened and why.

Quote Originally Posted by Dulcinea View Post
    I agree. He may distance himself from them because the situation in the Ukraine is not making the US happy. I think, as I stated above, Putin was directly involved. JMO.

Exactly. And by not securing the site, that leaves room for argument in terms of who is at fault. "Yes, but..........., yes but............. the site wasn't secured".......

weirdgurl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Miho View Post
    Hate to say this, but after looking at the video I think a lot if not most of them were alive when the plane came apart. They are pretty intact with lack of blast marks and some of the faces... *shudder* they looked horrified.
    I haven't been able to look at it. I get as far as the first frame with the little play button but I haven't been able to make myself click it yet...