Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Sharon Tate 2

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzyChick View Post
    I would love something from her estate but I'm guessing it will all be out of my price range, lol.
    I bid on items from that auction house (mostly so they will continue to send me updates on new auctions) and some stuff goes reasonable. On occasion they will have an online only auction but it's tough to win when someone locally doesn't have to pay for packaging and shipping. They have some super cool auctions if you are into celebrity estate sales.

I was surprised, most items at the recent Jerry Lewis auction went way over estimate. Anyways, I'll watch for it to get put online and will likely bid on something.

Quote Originally Posted by ROBERT63 View Post
    I have heard Debra is selling Sharon's wedding dress and other belongings to pay for her medical expenses for her breast cancer treatment. I know how hard it is to part with them.
    I suppose that makes sense. At some point it also makes sense to see to the disbursement of these items yourself. The Ringo Starr auction was really cool, the things he sold and how much they went for. (all went to charity) I have to believe her auction will do well.

Quote Originally Posted by john*thomas View Post
    I bid on items from that auction house (mostly so they will continue to send me updates on new auctions) and some stuff goes reasonable. On occasion they will have an online only auction but it's tough to win when someone locally doesn't have to pay for packaging and shipping. They have some super cool auctions if you are into celebrity estate sales.

I was surprised, most items at the recent Jerry Lewis auction went way over estimate. Anyways, I'll watch for it to get put online and will likely bid on something.

Where do you go to do that?

I suppose that makes sense. At some point it also makes sense to see to the disbursement of these items yourself. The Ringo Starr auction was really cool, the things he sold and how much they went for. (all went to charity) I have to believe her auction will do well.

To bid, sign up here.

http://www.juliensauctions.com/

Sooner or later the complete auction will be listed. You can then bid online after signing in.

I don't know if anyone else has heard but a rumour has started going around saying that Roman was there that night. It popped up on a blind gossip site last week when they were talking about the film Quentin Tarantino is making. I hadn't heard of it until then but for as many saying there is no way he could have been there, others are saying they know he was and fixed things to make it look like he wasn't as there is supposedly a picture in existence proving it and it's not the one of him sitting by the front door with the words on it.

Here's what was posted :

This famous and horrific crime has an anniversary next year and is due to be the subject of yet another movie, this one a big budget production by an A-list director. The facts are well known except for one niggling detail that a couple of the original investigators who are still alive are hoping will one day be cleared up. The complete list of who was present did not include this significant other of one of the victims. He was supposed to be on set in Europe. However, a source who was present reports seeing him at the crime scene that night. Considering all the awful but unrelated things reported about this person over the years, this at least warrants an investigation.

Crime: Manson murders (50th anniversary August 9, 2019)
    Movie: "Once Upon a Time in Hollywood"
    Director: Quentin Tarantino
    Significant other of one victim: Roman Polanski (Sharon Tate)
    [COLOR=inherit !important]

[/COLOR]
    Last edited by Shellie; 07-13-2018 at 08:27 PM. Reason: Added details.

I don't buy it.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Me either.

7. 07-14-2018, 01:28 PM

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    I don't buy it.
    To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if it came out to try and get hype for the movie.

Quentin has had a huge backlash against him the last few months with the reveal of what he did to Uma Thurman, the interview resurfacing where he said Polanski didn't rape Samantha because they were dating and it wasn't rough. The latest is his decision to keep Emile Hirsch on the film which a lot say is wrong because he assaulted a woman and many are planning to boycott it.

The site it came from was CDaN which is known to play see-saw with the truth. I just figured I would post it to see what others thought.

Quote Originally Posted by shellc View Post
    To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if it came out to try and get hype for the movie.

Quentin has had a huge backlash against him the last few months with the reveal of what he did to Uma Thurman, the interview resurfacing where he said Polanski didn't rape Samantha because they were dating and it wasn't rough. The latest is his decision to keep Emile Hirsch on the film which a lot say is wrong because he assaulted a woman and many are planning to boycott it.

The site it came from was CDaN which is known to play see-saw with the truth. I just figured I would post it to see what others thought.
    Oh, yeah, it was interesting. I think I heard something about Roman and the murders years ago, but not that he was there. Maybe he knew the motive. I don't remember.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I seriously doubt he was there. I am not buying that. As for a "picture" being taken that would prove otherwise , I would like to see that. Who starts this shit?
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    I seriously doubt he was there. I am not buying that. As for a "picture" being taken that would prove otherwise , I would like to see that. Who starts this shit?
    I wish I knew but all you are told is its sources or friends. The guy who runs the site is or was an entertainment lawyer and they get the stories from people they have met/worked with but they only ever say it's sources or friends. From the few who swear they have seen the picture in the comments, not one person could say where they saw it or how in all the years since including all the books, docs etc, no one ever found any shred of evidence he was there.

I wish I knew but all you are told is its sources or friends. The guy who runs the site is or was an entertainment lawyer and they get the stories from people they have met/worked with but they only ever say it's sources or friends. From the few who swear they have seen the picture in the comments, not one person could say where they saw it or how in all the years since including all the books, docs etc, no one ever found any shred of evidence he was there.
    Is that not always the case. When pressed for details they suddenly go blank and can't remember anything. If such a photo existed I would absolutely remember it, who showed it to me, when and where. I think this is total hype, someone is just putting a new spin on it. Let's put Polanski into the mix and see what happens.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

her wedding dress is being sold!

Was this Debra's idea???
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany View Post
    her wedding dress is being sold!

Was this Debra's idea???
    I heard Debra 's friends convinced her she had to make some money to pay for those expensive treatments for her breast cancer. and selling Sharon's wedding dress and her other clothes and stuff was the only way. and Debra knows how serious breast cancer is especially since her younger sister Patti Tate died from breast cancer 18 years ago.

To bid, sign up here.

http://www.juliensauctions.com/

Sooner or later the complete auction will be listed. You can then bid online after signing in.

Thanks

I hope Debra gets through this, I wonder if her daughter will continue her fight to keep them in prison. I hope so. Not Alisa Statman or Brie Ford.

It is an entertaining site, they post "blind" items and reveal a number of them.

I think it has gotten a little too big, too many sources of blind items, too many blinds recycled from Hollywood Babylon or Darwin Porter, etc.

I really like Old Hollywood Gossip, and they revealed a couple of blinds over the 4th of July that I don't think had a shred of truth to them.

James Dean faked his death in 1955 and was recently killed in a car accident (no) and that Stan Laurel strangled Thelma Todd (he didn't)

As much as the Mason murders have been covered, it would have come up by now if Roman was in LA at the time of the murders.
    [SIGPIC]Morgan[/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by TheWrath of MadelineKahn View Post
    It is an entertaining site, they post "blind" items and reveal a number of them.

I think it has gotten a little too big, too many sources of blind items, too many blinds recycled from Hollywood Babylon or Darwin Porter, etc.

I really like Old Hollywood Gossip, and they revealed a couple of blinds over the 4th of July that I don't think had a shred of truth to them.

James Dean faked his death in 1955 and was recently killed in a car accident (no) and that Stan Laurel strangled Thelma Todd (he didn't)

As much as the Mason murders have been covered, it would have come up by now if Roman was in LA at the time of the murders.
    I love the old stuff too. There have been a bunch of them recently like including proof being found that Clark did run over the guy, Grace Kelly was a dead beat mum who battered her children and god knows what else but my favourite was definitely the James Dean one. It would have been one hell of a scoop if it was true but there is no way he would have been able to go all those years without being found no matter how out of the way the place was where he supposedly stayed. I think I said this before but the only Blind site I tend to believe is Blind Gossip as they have been right about many things including Kevin Spacey, Weinstein etc and they post evidence to back things up.

As for Roman, as you say there is no way it would have been able to be kept a secret all these years. With all the books, documentaries etc covering the subject if there had been even the slightest inkling of him being present or involved, it would have come out a long time ago.
    Last edited by Shellie; 07-21-2018 at 07:49 PM.

I enjoy old Hollywood gossip but: Stan Laurel strangled
    Thelma Todd....wait what??!!
    (how does one even get that news to put it
    out there)
    Last edited by theotherlondon; 07-21-2018 at 02:48 PM.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

I can only imagine how hard this will be for Debra.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	37062812_1038196392997182_1926718450630131712_o.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	195.6 KB 
ID:	54675
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Views:	16 
Size:	138.2 KB 
ID:	54674  
    Last edited by Mansfield67; 07-23-2018 at 07:03 PM.

I can only imagine how hard this will be for Debra.Click image for larger version. 

Views:	27 
Size:	195.6 KB 
ID:	54675
    I agree. No doubt there will probably be some who call her out on it (I actually don't know why so many have a problem with her?) but if it's true she needs the money for treatment, this was probably something she thought long and hard about and more than likely had many sleepless nights over trying to decide. Yes, the clothes have sentimental value but at the end of the day, if it's the only way she can afford to keep going then she doesn't have much of a choice.

They all look so different on the racks to what they did while Sharon was wearing them especially her wedding dress which you can see in much better detail. I have to admit I wasn't keen on it when I saw the footage of her but it is actually prettier close-up. Unfortunately, they are out of my price range even for starting bids and no doubt they will end up selling for a much higher price but If I had a choice I would try and get the Dior dress as that is gorgeous.

I was reading that there are some people who are intending to return the clothing to her if they have a winning bid. That would be nice. I was thinking on ordering the catalogue just to see how many other items are for auction. Out of my price range also, but it would be a nice keepsake to have. I wonder if she still has the Ossie Clark snakeskin coat.

I was reading that there are some people who are intending to return the clothing to her if they have a winning bid. That would be nice. I was thinking on ordering the catalogue just to see how many other items are for auction. Out of my price range also, but it would be a nice keepsake to have. I wonder if she still has the Ossie Clark snakeskin coat.
    Sooner or later it will all be online. I have no idea why but they send me a catalog randomly but I haven't got one for this. I do place a fair number of bids but never high enough to win. LOL

I would get a little peeved if I didn't win ! LOL. The Rudi Gernreich bathing suit is included, no pricing yet. Sharon looked incredible in that. I found these magazine mock ups on Pinterest and thought even in 2018 she is timeless. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	e400dd0b6c318d866a9b4aa2cc9b5e2a-horz.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	360.2 KB 
ID:	54676Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	43.2 KB 
ID:	54677Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6.jpg 
Size:	34.8 KB 
ID:	54678

I would get a little peeved if I didn't win ! LOL. The Rudi Gernreich bathing suit is included, no pricing yet. Sharon looked incredible in that. I found these magazine mock ups on Pinterest and thought even in 2018 she is timeless.
    I bid on a pair of Levi's that were bought for Sal Mineo on "Rebel Without a Cause". They were not screen used but were still labeled inside for Sal Mineo. I bid what I thought was pretty good money. Lost out for a little less than $100.

First pic of Margot Robbie as Sharon Tate

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Once-Upon-A-Time-In-Hollywood-Margot-Robbie.jpg 
Size:	20.7 KB 
ID:	54690

I have no idea what I was doing on August 8 1969, but I clearly remember watching the news and seeing the aerial shots of the home on Saturday.

I have no idea what I was doing on August 8 1969, but I clearly remember watching the news and seeing the aerial shots of the home on Saturday.
    I was seven. I'm pretty sure that I paid no attention to the news unless it had something to do with NASA.

I was seven. I'm pretty sure that I paid no attention to the news unless it had something to do with NASA.
    I was almost 14. I remember the moon walk, that was incredible. When the Tate murders happened the death hag in me started to come out much more. Actually, it was the murder of Valerie Percy, the daughter of Senator Charles Percy in 1966 that got the wheels turning. And of course the death of Jayne Mansfield in '67. Back in the day you only had newspaper articles and not much else to go on. Now everything is available to you. Thank you Find A Death !

Quote Originally Posted by TheDude View Post
    First pic of Margot Robbie as Sharon Tate

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Once-Upon-A-Time-In-Hollywood-Margot-Robbie.jpg 
Size:	20.7 KB 
ID:	54690
    I honestly think they should have picked Rose Byrne for the part but I guess since Margot is flavour of the month just now they needed her for getting bums on seats.

I honestly think they should have picked Rose Byrne for the part but I guess since Margot is flavour of the month just now they needed her for getting bums on seats.
    I wonder if she has ever been approached to play Sharon ? Something tells me she would turn it down if it was offered to her.

I agree, Rose Byrne looks so much like Sharon and has that waif look.

Rose Byrne is gorgeous, she is also 39.

As beautiful as Rose is, I don't know if she could pass for 26.

Given this could be a good movie, or it could be a horrible Tarantino wank fest, I would rather see someone like Margot in it.

She was the best thing in Suicide Squad, and that crappy Tarzan movie, she can bounce back from this if it sucks, which it very well might.
    [SIGPIC]Morgan[/SIGPIC]

Rose Byrne is gorgeous, she is also 39.

As beautiful as Rose is, I don't know if she could pass for 26.

Given this could be a good movie, or it could be a horrible Tarantino wank fest, I would rather see someone like Margot in it.

She was the best thing in Suicide Squad, and that crappy Tarzan movie, she can bounce back from this if it sucks, which it very well might.
    I didn't know Rose was 39. I assumed she was in her early 30s. Margot can act there is no doubt but she seems to be everywhere at the moment like Jennifer Lawrence was a few years back. It seems whenever they need a young blonde, they go to her. Hopefully as you say, he will dial back on this one but even if he does, it looks as if there is gonna be protests because of his previous comments and the fact he refused to fire Emile Hirsch.

Hopefully as you say, he will dial back on this one but even if he does, it looks as if there is gonna be protests because of his previous comments and the fact he refused to fire Emile Hirsch.
    This is what I mean. Tarantino is dealing with an event in history marked by such violence, especially against Sharon and Abigail Folger, and it doesn't occur to him that casting a punk that beat up a woman and got off with a slap on the wrist might not be such a good plan. Plus he's writing a fictional part for Polanski in it too.
    [SIGPIC]Morgan[/SIGPIC]

Up for auction this November, Sharon's carry on luggage. Would love to have those sunglasses she is wearing in the photo by herself. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3360420-horz.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	171.6 KB 
ID:	54698Click image for larger version. 

Name:	907781b39906b8448c23db7373b47065--sharon-tate-heavy-water.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	90.6 KB 
ID:	54699

So not looking forward to the Quentin Tarantino film
    about Sharon Tate that will come out next year.

Quote Originally Posted by theotherlondon View Post
    So not looking forward to the Quentin Tarantino film
    about Sharon Tate that will come out next year.
    I have to admit I am curious to some degree, but when I start reading about this film, and others that are planned for the 50th anniversary I find I'm put off by it.

It is entirely possible I am missing something directly in front of me, but I cannot find any of the Cielo Drive victims in the directory. I found the LaBianca's, but no one else. If I'm just missing it, would one of you wonderful people point me in the correct direction?

I was almost 14. I remember the moon walk, that was incredible. When the Tate murders happened the death hag in me started to come out much more. Actually, it was the murder of Valerie Percy, the daughter of Senator Charles Percy in 1966 that got the wheels turning. And of course the death of Jayne Mansfield in '67. Back in the day you only had newspaper articles and not much else to go on. Now everything is available to you. Thank you Find A Death !
    I'm old, I also was alive so remember the summer of
    1969 Woodstock music stuff.

42. 08-28-2018, 05:58 PM

Rumer Willis has been cast to play Sharon's close friend Joanna Pettet in Once Upon A Time In Hollywood. No, absolutely not ! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	whats-next-1534297026-horz.jpg 
Size:	185.7 KB 
ID:	54730

Poor Joanna Pettet; hasn't she suffered enough ?
    KELT' HOME FOR WAYWARD YOUTH-
    Helping Young Men To Turn Around For Over Twenty Years !

Rumer Willis has been cast to play Sharon's close friend Joanna Pettet in Once Upon A Time In Hollywood. No, absolutely not ! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	whats-next-1534297026-horz.jpg 
Size:	185.7 KB 
ID:	54730
    And I thought they sunk low when they hired Lena Dunham.

I'm sure it has nothing to do with her mum or dad and more down to the fact she is a great actress who has appeared in huge movies like Striptease and The Whole Nine Yards which coincidentially also starred her parents.

And I thought they sunk low when they hired Lena Dunham.

I'm sure it has nothing to do with her mum or dad and more down to the fact she is a great actress who has appeared in huge movies like Striptease and The Whole Nine Yards which coincidentially also starred her parents.
    I should have been a casting agent, because this is just wrong ! LOL. This is the last photo I could find of her with the late Alan Bates around 2002. Still a very beautiful woman. I just watched her in an episode of Night Gallery called The House, where she is driving through the Hollywood Hills and turns on a road that will take her to this secluded home. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	db6e47915cbdf371c9548b16519550b6.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	135.3 KB 
ID:	54732Very eerie, it must have been like that when she drove to Sharon's for the last time.

I think the movie that Quentin Tarantino is making now
    about the Charles Manson murders will fail at the box office.

Margot Robbie as Sharon Tate

I would love to have the wrap around sunglasses on page 71. On page 79 the swimsuit is a Rudi Gernreich not Cole Of California. I have a photo of Veruschka wearing the same suit. http://www.antiquedress.com/item11707.htm
    Last edited by Mansfield67; 10-18-2018 at 06:50 PM.

Love the fringed jacket, the scarfs, and the makeup. Thanks for sharing, john!
    GOD IS NOT DEAD