Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3101112
Results 551 to 589 of 589

Thread: Sharon Tate 2

  1. #551
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,285
    La Bianca killer Leslie Van Houten's parole approval was overturned by the Governor Newsom. so the remaining Tate-LaBianca killers will spend the 50th anniversary of the 2 nights of murder still in prison.

  2. #552
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    4,002
    Quote Originally Posted by ROBERT63 View Post
    La Bianca killer Leslie Van Houten's parole approval was overturned by the Governor Newsom. so the remaining Tate-LaBianca killers will spend the 50th anniversary of the 2 nights of murder still in prison.
    Which is a good thing.
    " I always like talking to people who are older. Of course, every year it gets harder to find them. " Fran Lebowitz

  3. 06-12-2019, 06:44 AM

  4. #553
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    156
    So... 50 years of Helter Skelter tonight. Damn, the 60s really are far behind us now.
    R.I.P. Sharon, baby Paul, Jay, Voytek, Abigail, Steve, Leno and Rosemary.
    Last edited by Schultz; 08-08-2019 at 01:54 PM.

  5. #554
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Dawg Town
    Posts
    36,588
    RIP

  6. #555
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    San Diego CA
    Posts
    6,379
    Rest Well.

  7. #556
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    London
    Posts
    4
    RIP

  8. #557
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    4,002
    RIP
    " I always like talking to people who are older. Of course, every year it gets harder to find them. " Fran Lebowitz

  9. #558
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Southern Indiana
    Posts
    4,075
    50 years. I was very young then but this makes me feel a bit old. RIP.

  10. #559
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,285
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LIFE MAGAZINE  COVER.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	198.7 KB 
ID:	54873Life magazine has a special entire issue on The Manson case with Manson, the 3 girls and Sharon on the cover. I guess it's for the 50th anniversary. they have lots of pictures even a big one of Doris Tate mentioning the work she did for victims rights and Patti & Debra continuing on her crusade for justice.

  11. #560
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Dawg Town
    Posts
    36,588
    Thanks for sharing!

  12. #561
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    4,002
    Would have been nice just to have Sharon on the cover alone.
    " I always like talking to people who are older. Of course, every year it gets harder to find them. " Fran Lebowitz

  13. #562
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Dawg Town
    Posts
    36,588
    Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    Would have been nice just to have Sharon on the cover alone.
    Or even all the victims sans killers.

  14. #563
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,344
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    Or even all the victims sans killers.
    True. That's the problem with the Manson murders...actually all murders. People seem to be more focused on the wrong people. The victims get a few paragraphs in things while the killers get books written about them, documentaries, films etc. They become pseudo famous because of it with some even lauding them. It needs to change.
    There are only two definites in life....you are born and you die. The rest is anyone's guess.

  15. #564
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    4,002
    Quote Originally Posted by shellc View Post
    True. That's the problem with the Manson murders...actually all murders. People seem to be more focused on the wrong people. The victims get a few paragraphs in things while the killers get books written about them, documentaries, films etc. They become pseudo famous because of it with some even lauding them. It needs to change.
    I absolutely agree. That is why I love Debra Tate's book, it's all about Sharon's life, family and friends. No mention of what was to come.
    " I always like talking to people who are older. Of course, every year it gets harder to find them. " Fran Lebowitz

  16. #565
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,285
    Sharon's former fiancée Philipee Forquet died today. his wife reported.

  17. #566
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    4,002
    Hilary Duff picked up a Razzie as worst actress of the year for The Haunting Of Sharon Tate. Exploitative film, but she was not that bad.
    " I always like talking to people who are older. Of course, every year it gets harder to find them. " Fran Lebowitz

  18. #567
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Dawg Town
    Posts
    36,588
    Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    Hilary Duff picked up a Razzie as worst actress of the year for The Haunting Of Sharon Tate. Exploitative film, but she was not that bad.
    She was pretty good to me.

  19. #568
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,865
    Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    I was watching Valley Of The Dolls.. again ! I've always wanted to know who the actress was who replaced Neely O'Hara in the play near the end of the film. IMDB has now given a full cast list,many uncredited including Richard Dreyfuss ! The actress in question is Jennifer Gan, known before that as Ginny Gan, I was surprised to find she had her own Wikipedia page ! Her career lasted only from 1964 to 1972... no year of birth, but lists her passing in Sept. 2000. So far I can't find anything that gives a cause of death. Just curious, naturally.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GinnyGan1967front.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	13.3 KB 
ID:	51035
    She has a nice haircut, with cute bangs.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

  20. #569
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    4,002
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    She was pretty good to me.
    I thought she was. Margot Robbie looked beautiful, but portrayed her as if her only goal in life was to dance. She came off as a bit of a dimwit IMO.
    " I always like talking to people who are older. Of course, every year it gets harder to find them. " Fran Lebowitz

  21. #570
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,285
    One of Sharon's co stars in her last movie 13 Chairs Tim Brooke Taylor has died at age 79 reportedly of Corona Virus. he played the skinny scheming Jackie who overhears Pat [Sharon] & Mario [Vittorio Gassman] talking about the chairs and the treasures hidden in one of them and he tries to find the chair before they do. Sharon breaks a large vase over his head in one scene. RIP To Tim Brooke Taylor & Sharon Tate too as always.

  22. #571
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    4,002
    Sharon's friend Joanna Pettet today at 77. I would like to think Sharon would have looked just as beautiful.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Joanna-Pettet-Night-Gallery-Keep-In-Touch-We'll-Think-Of-Something-1971-horz.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	112.6 KB 
ID:	55001
    " I always like talking to people who are older. Of course, every year it gets harder to find them. " Fran Lebowitz

  23. #572
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,865
    Quote Originally Posted by ROBERT63 View Post
    One of Sharon's co stars in her last movie 13 Chairs Tim Brooke Taylor has died at age 79 reportedly of Corona Virus. he played the skinny scheming Jackie who overhears Pat [Sharon] & Mario [Vittorio Gassman] talking about the chairs and the treasures hidden in one of them and he tries to find the chair before they do. Sharon breaks a large vase over his head in one scene. RIP To Tim Brooke Taylor & Sharon Tate too as always.
    Just yet something else sad to happen in 2020.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

  24. #573
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    5,571
    The Tates talk about the mom Doris afterwards becoming an activist but I often think of Sharon's father. Did Mr. TATE ever do or speak publicly, he fixed Baby Paul in the casket but after it all..... where was Mr Tate??

  25. #574
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    San Diego CA
    Posts
    6,379
    Here you go Tiffany
    Sharon Tate's Father Hunted Killer as Hippie
    PALOS VERDES (UPl)—The father of slain actress Sharon Tate, a former Army intelligence officer, says he grew a moustache and beard and mingled with drug users for four months while trying to track down his daughter’s killers. Paul J. Tate, 46, said he masqueraded as a hippie, frequented hippie hangouts and lived in commmunes in his hunt for the persons who carried out the Aug. 9 murders.
    https://cdnc.ucr.edu/?a=d&d=DS196912...-txIN--------1


    When Manson and his followers came up for parole, Tate and his wife, Doris, wrote letters to parole officials to oppose their release. Doris Tate became a leader in the then-nascent victims’ rights movement.
    In 1985, Paul Tate told parole officials hearing Charles “Tex” Watson’s plea for release about the grisly scene at his daughter’s home after the murders and how he had to scrub his daughter’s blood off the floor. “That man should never, never, never be turned out into society,” he told the parole board.https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-...4.2-story.html
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6f211a9ba0873166d6835ea2816592bf.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	21.4 KB 
ID:	55031 Sharon and her dad.
    Did you guys know that Roman thought Bruce Lee killed everyone that night? I was googling Paul Tate and saw this. https://nypost.com/2019/07/20/heres-...d-sharon-tate/

  26. #575
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,285
    Sharon's dad attended and spoke at Tex Watson's 1984 parole hearing it was on youtube. as far as I know of that was the only parole hearing he went to. he sent a letter that was read by Debra Tate at Susan Atkins' parole hearing in 2000.
    Last edited by ROBERT63; 07-06-2020 at 07:55 PM.

  27. #576
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,865
    Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    Here you go Tiffany
    Sharon Tate's Father Hunted Killer as Hippie
    PALOS VERDES (UPl)—The father of slain actress Sharon Tate, a former Army intelligence officer, says he grew a moustache and beard and mingled with drug users for four months while trying to track down his daughter’s killers. Paul J. Tate, 46, said he masqueraded as a hippie, frequented hippie hangouts and lived in commmunes in his hunt for the persons who carried out the Aug. 9 murders.
    https://cdnc.ucr.edu/?a=d&d=DS196912...-txIN--------1


    When Manson and his followers came up for parole, Tate and his wife, Doris, wrote letters to parole officials to oppose their release. Doris Tate became a leader in the then-nascent victims’ rights movement.
    In 1985, Paul Tate told parole officials hearing Charles “Tex” Watson’s plea for release about the grisly scene at his daughter’s home after the murders and how he had to scrub his daughter’s blood off the floor. “That man should never, never, never be turned out into society,” he told the parole board.https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-...4.2-story.html
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6f211a9ba0873166d6835ea2816592bf.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	21.4 KB 
ID:	55031 Sharon and her dad.
    Did you guys know that Roman thought Bruce Lee killed everyone that night? I was googling Paul Tate and saw this. https://nypost.com/2019/07/20/heres-...d-sharon-tate/
    Thank you for this because it's always nice to remember
    she was a person and not just a victim.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

  28. #577
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,285
    The recollection book by Debra Tate is strictly about Sharon, not Manson or the murders just her life before all that.

  29. #578
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    988
    Leslie Van Houten recommended for parole again, governor can deny as he did last year. https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/24/us/ma...rnd/index.html

  30. #579
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    4,002
    Let's hope he denies her parole once more. She does not deserve it.
    " I always like talking to people who are older. Of course, every year it gets harder to find them. " Fran Lebowitz

  31. #580
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,285
    Suzan La Berge 's daughter was murdered last month in Denver, Colorado stabbed to death like her grandmother Rosemary La Bianca . Ariana Wolk age 40. they arrested a 24 year old man in connection with the murder. of course Suzan went to Tex Watson's parole hearing in 1990 and pleaded for her mother's killer's release . Doris Tate was there and was furious Tex not only killed Suzan's mother but Doris' pregnant daughter the night before he killed Leno and Rosemary.

  32. #581
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    21,792
    Quote Originally Posted by wildcatgrrl View Post
    Leslie Van Houten recommended for parole again, governor can deny as he did last year. https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/24/us/ma...rnd/index.html
    120 days for review plus 30 more for the governor to decide. It'll be Thanksgiving or Christmas before we find out, grrr.
    .


  33. #582
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    San Diego CA
    Posts
    6,379
    She shouldn't be released, the La Bianca's don't get to get paroled from the grave and neither do Sharon, Abigail, Steven, Jay and Wojciech.

  34. #583
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    4,002
    Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    She shouldn't be released, the La Bianca's don't get to get paroled from the grave and neither do Sharon, Abigail, Steven, Jay and Wojciech.
    It is 51 years now. Lesley and the others need to stay in prison for the lives they took away.
    " I always like talking to people who are older. Of course, every year it gets harder to find them. " Fran Lebowitz

  35. #584
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    San Diego CA
    Posts
    6,379
    Thinking of Sharon, Paul (the baby), Abigail, Steven, Jay and Wojeich,

  36. #585
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    4,002
    52 years ago.
    " I always like talking to people who are older. Of course, every year it gets harder to find them. " Fran Lebowitz

  37. #586
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Dawg Town
    Posts
    36,588
    RIP Sharon

  38. #587
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,285
    Charles "Tex" Watson has another parole hearing this Friday October 15th. the D.A. is no longer allowed at parole hearings in California. the victims families will have to go it alone. I'm sure Debra Tate and Jay Sebring's family members will attend if there is no Covid restrictions . I hope they don't grant him parole. Tex is 75 now if Susan Atkins and Manson can die in prison then so should Watson.

  39. #588
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,865
    Quote Originally Posted by ROBERT63 View Post
    Charles "Tex" Watson has another parole hearing this Friday October 15th. the D.A. is no longer allowed at parole hearings in California. the victims families will have to go it alone. I'm sure Debra Tate and Jay Sebring's family members will attend if there is no Covid restrictions . I hope they don't grant him parole. Tex is 75 now if Susan Atkins and Manson can die in prison then so should Watson.
    I so agree.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

  40. #589
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    4,002
    Denied once again. Next one in five years when he will be 80. Give up Tex.
    " I always like talking to people who are older. Of course, every year it gets harder to find them. " Fran Lebowitz

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •