Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345613 ... LastLast

Thread: Sharon Tate 2

One of my favorite pictures of Sharon. Kelt has posted it already, but I love it. Serene and at peace, I hope she is.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tumblr_n1qi4sFg3z1qd0tpko1_1280.jpg 
Views:	444 
Size:	88.0 KB 
ID:	52910  
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

Xiroi Guest
    I had never seen this pic before. Absolutely beautiful and as you say, serene. Is she pregnant in it or is it just the posture that makes it look like a baby bump?

Quote Originally Posted by Xiroi View Post
    I had never seen this pic before. Absolutely beautiful and as you say, serene. Is she pregnant in it or is it just the posture that makes it look like a baby bump?
    No shes only sitting with her knees up against her chest; shes hugging her knees.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

According to the text the photo was taken by Walter Chappell, who had photographed her in the early 60's. She asked him to document her pregnancy as it progressed. I'm assuming this photo is earlier in 1969 before she left for Europe. You can see this and literally hundreds of photos of her at this link. Probably the best site dedicated to her life and not the tragedy that took her. It's just beautiful. If you have not seen it... enjoy ! It's easier to go to the archive and see them , it's amazing ! http://sharontate-polanski.tumblr.com/
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    According to the text the photo was taken by Walter Chappell, who had photographed her in the early 60's. She asked him to document her pregnancy as it progressed. I'm assuming this photo is earlier in 1969 before she left for Europe. You can see this and literally hundreds of photos of her at this link. Probably the best site dedicated to her life and not the tragedy that took her. It's just beautiful. If you have not seen it... enjoy ! It's easier to go to the archive and see them , it's amazing ! http://sharontate-polanski.tumblr.com/
    I can't say I know her that well but that is something that annoys me whenever she is mentioned in the media. No one will ever forget what happened to her and they shouldn't but she had a life before this yet you would never think that was the case. Whenever you read anything about her, there 1-2 paragraphs at the most about her life before hand then the rest is about who her husband was and the murder as if she was nothing more that. Yes she was a victim but she was also someone who managed to do in her short life what many haven't but would give anything for me included. She shouldn't be remembered as the woman lying on that rug yet unfortunately that's what many see her as now and it's wrong.

I absolutely agree with you, it is wrong. I admit I saw her that way too, because at the time there was no internet and no books that spoke of her life before her murder. Greg King wrote a wonderful book that told her story before Aug. 9. Of course that is all included in his book, because that's what happened. That's why I like this blog link I posted, it's focus is on her, and the life that she lived before. The person who runs it refuses to dwell on the negative, that's why I like going there, it's shows her in a positive way. A beautiful woman, who was kind and wanted everyone to feel welcomed and loved. And in the time she was here, she will always be remembered and loved by those who loved her. Debra Tate's book is all about Sharon, her life and career and the M word is never mentioned. With all the blogs that stay true to her as a person, and not her fate, I think what a incredible human being she was.

I absolutely agree with you, it is wrong. I admit I saw her that way too, because at the time there was no internet and no books that spoke of her life before her murder. Greg King wrote a wonderful book that told her story before Aug. 9. Of course that is all included in his book, because that's what happened. That's why I like this blog link I posted, it's focus is on her, and the life that she lived before. The person who runs it refuses to dwell on the negative, that's why I like going there, it's shows her in a positive way. A beautiful woman, who was kind and wanted everyone to feel welcomed and loved. And in the time she was here, she will always be remembered and loved by those who loved her. Debra Tate's book is all about Sharon, her life and career and the M word is never mentioned. With all the blogs that stay true to her as a person, and not her fate, I think what a incredible human being she was.
    I was wondering about Debra's book as a few sites I have been on have slated her and it as cashing in. I read Restless Souls and noticed how much they had it in for Debra yet the more I read, the more I started to wonder how much was true as the contradictions were piling up...the revealing of the crime scene photos being one of the most jaw dropping. It took everything in me to finish it and I really wished I hadn't bothered now as it could have been anybody who wrote it. By the end it seemed more like a work of fiction rather that the compilation that it was supposed to be. As I say, am/was reluctant to get Debra's book but now you say that it's about Sharon's life I might see about getting it from the library. Thanks for the info.

Xiroi Guest
    Thanks for the info about the pic. It's now one of my absolute favourites.

I haven't had the chance to buy Debra's book but it is on my list. Wonderful images, people who knew her first hand share their memories of her, etc. It sounds interesting and I see nothing wrong with Debra compiling all that. She's the only family member who knew Sharon who is alive.

Restless Souls? No way I'm paying anything that benefits that spiteful Statman woman who NEVER met Sharon. Besides, according to what I read in some reviews, it was pure fiction in some passages. How can anyone know what Sharon was thinking at any specific moment? I've always wondered if that Colonel Whatever who had that blog and hated Debra so much was that Statman. The hatred was very personal and the little I read of that rubbish felt a bit as if it was a woman who wrote it.

I think Debra's had it pretty tough, she was a teenager when Sharon died. And with Patti being several years younger I'm sure she felt that she was alone. From what Debra has said in interviews it really tore up the family, I can only imagine. As for her book she has every right to make a little money from it. It's a beautiful tribute to her sister and her life, and she poignantly writes about the last time the whole family was together. I highly recommend it. I couldn't even finish Restless Souls, I found it was all over the place in terms of who was actually recalling events. I to think a lot of it was fiction, very distasteful. I remember that blog, and the vitriol about Debra, really hateful. You could be right Xiroi , it was very catty . I wonder if it was her. And shellc, I would buy the book, when I got my copy, I thought Wow, this is fantastic. Well worth the money.Here is Patti and Debra at her wedding in '79 and Doris and Debra at hers in 1984. I think that these photos show that the girls were close as they got older,and disputes what Brie Tate and Statman say in their book.

Name:	tumblr_nsxx1qJCBZ1qd0tpko1_400.jpg 
Views:	407 
Size:	97.0 KB 
ID:	52938   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tumblr_nsxx1qJCBZ1qd0tpko2_250.jpg 
Views:	393 
Size:	37.0 KB 
ID:	52939  
    Last edited by Mansfield67; 08-11-2015 at 09:42 PM.

Xiroi Guest
    Lovely pics Mansfield! You can see the family resemblance in their young faces. I absolutely MUST buy that book.

Xiroi, you won't be sorry. Debra did an amazing job. You will love it.

CNN recently did a story on the 46th anniversary of the murders. I was watching the video but quit watching and cut it off when I saw they were interviewing Alisa Statman.

I would have done the same. She has no credibility as far as I am concerned. I'm sorry I wasted my money on that shit she wrote. This is Patti's eldest child Brooke Ford and her husband, she and her brother Bryce are said to be estranged from their sister Brie "Tate".

Name:	certaldo.jpg 
Views:	342 
Size:	123.4 KB 
ID:	52981  
    Last edited by Mansfield67; 08-20-2015 at 09:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiroi View Post
    Lovely pics Mansfield! You can see the family resemblance in their young faces. I absolutely MUST buy that book.
    I ordered the book!

You will love it !!

I think I will order the book as well.

would anyone know or have an idea what if Sharon was alive today, her views on stuff was like for instance the whole 'gay agenda' - would Sharon be opposed to this somewhat new sexual revelation or was Sharon more conservative??? Republican side or more liberal?? What do you think not just politically speaking but entertainment too? What would she find funny that she did then????
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sharon was very much a people person from what others have said about her. I think she would have been totally for gay rights and equality for all.
    Last edited by Mansfield67; 08-23-2015 at 05:26 PM.

Very interesting article!! http://www.laweekly.com/news/the-gho...killed-4860160

AND QUESTION: I have asked on a previous Sharon Tate forum before but would like more information. What is or was the name specifically of that house on Cielo Drive? NOT the new Meditterean style home I am asking the design, the name, creation, style of the Ranch-Style home she moved into. I love one-story homes and when I go looking for my own someday, I want to say the name of it not 'Sharon Tate's style house'
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

David Oman has been hawking this tale for years, personally I'm not buying it. He's been trying to get his film The House At The End Of The Drive distributed since it was made almost 9 yrs. ago ! Why his house and not 10070, which is closest to the gate. I think it's just a publicity stunt for his film and his ego. As for your question Sharon's house was built in the 1940's for French film star Michele Morgan who wanted it to be like a country farmhouse in France. Here is how it looked upon completion.

Name:	10050_Cielo_Drive_image.jpg 
Views:	306 
Size:	153.6 KB 
ID:	53005  

David Oman has been hawking this tale for years, personally I'm not buying it. He's been trying to get his film The House At The End Of The Drive distributed since it was made almost 9 yrs. ago ! Why his house and not 10070, which is closest to the gate. I think it's just a publicity stunt for his film and his ego. As for your question Sharon's house was built in the 1940's for French film star Michele Morgan who wanted it to be like a country farmhouse in France. Here is how it looked upon completion.

thank you!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I think he's been on nearly every paranormal show there is on TV, as well as all the other 'entertainment' shows he has peddled his crap on over the years and nearly every one that's investigated the place is dubious about his claims and have come up with plausible reasons for it being natural. Ghost Adventures wondered if it was something to do with lines that were underneath the house causing static (or something like that) and you could see on his face that he wasn't happy about them trying to debunk it. On My Ghost Story, admittedly there were pictures of orbs on the balcony and there was EVPs of a female screaming yet he was adamant it was Sharon.

Like you say, something he always neglects to admit is his house wasn't even where the murders happened but why let something like the truth get in the way of a good story? Every time you see him on screen, something else is added on to the story.

Looking at some of the Youtube videos on the case. I came across several videos claiming the Manson-Tate-LaBianca murders were all a hoax. that Sharon is alive today living in another country somewhere. it was all a cover up by the government. but they are saying the same thing about other infamous cases. including the murders of the news crew in Virginia yesterday. but unfortunately Sharon and the others are really dead and the murders did happen.
    Last edited by ROBERT63; 08-27-2015 at 08:14 PM.

Yeah, that's true. There are rumors that Brandon Lee and Eliza Hutton are living in the mountains. Sheesh.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by shellc View Post
    I think he's been on nearly every paranormal show there is on TV, as well as all the other 'entertainment' shows he has peddled his crap on over the years and nearly every one that's investigated the place is dubious about his claims and have come up with plausible reasons for it being natural. Ghost Adventures wondered if it was something to do with lines that were underneath the house causing static (or something like that) and you could see on his face that he wasn't happy about them trying to debunk it. On My Ghost Story, admittedly there were pictures of orbs on the balcony and there was EVPs of a female screaming yet he was adamant it was Sharon.

Like you say, something he always neglects to admit is his house wasn't even where the murders happened but why let something like the truth get in the way of a good story? Every time you see him on screen, something else is added on to the story.

I may believe in the supernatural & paranormal- at least I believe that spirits do exist when people don't even know they are gone they 'hang around' the place of where they died. At least I heard that Manson himself has said he has seen an image of Sharon or a woman holding her baby in his jail cell. But its all in what you believe. I have no personal experience or sighting but just to me, it does make sense that ghosts and spirits and paranormal come around every now & again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm glad your calling it crap, because that's what it is ! LOL. I have seen a couple of shows, and yeah, your right, he gets rather indignant about it. I have to admit I would like to see his film, which no one seems to want to purchase. Sell it straight to DVD or cable. I've seen him talk about it, like it's on par with Rosemary's Baby ! That's right use Roman's name to get people interested. There is an interview with Debra Tate that still might be up on YouTube, she is asked about his claims and she just rolls her eyes and shakes her head and says it's ludicrous or something to that effect. It's a good story he's weaving, but how much longer can he go with it ? It must help pay the bills to some degree. Some one said on another site why would they be at his house when 10066 is so much more luxurious !

Name:	exotic-bedroom-franco-vecchio-beverly-hills-california-201002_1000-watermarked.jpg 
Views:	291 
Size:	233.4 KB 
ID:	53007   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	exotic-pool-franco-vecchio-beverly-hills-california-201002_1000-watermarked.jpg 
Views:	282 
Size:	338.8 KB 
ID:	53008  

Hey Mansfield67...just FYI, the pix you posted last are of the vastly remodeled 10040 Cielo Drive, the "Twin" house down the hill.
    "The gore of the tomato dribbles from your lips..."-Brother Theodore

Hey Greg, these are from Architectural Digest when they did a spread on 10066. It's never mentioned in the article what house was originally on the site. I have this issue. Here is the link.http://designfile.architecturaldiges...:Jeff+Franklin Here are pics of 10048 after remodeling. http://designfile.architecturaldiges...eam+Reimagined

Name:	1GfbRDHaKTEr_AU31oHqmI-OA61tlNIyiMuIFPHxkVt3GpaKh9w_tv9bd-z9tpT8VuaKzMuv_ojRfUakcUCQAg.jpg 
Views:	284 
Size:	46.6 KB 
ID:	53009   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dKMfmNqeNkwS0roMhXcatFSccBIWH3tb77FXACUH6tANw8DN_EN2XWWufxRoN2FtASUkfnXl42yFHA7R1If9ww.jpg 
Views:	301 
Size:	47.5 KB 
ID:	53010   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	f8Dr0_ExzPe0CLi9GQywcIrvwNdehrUcIUDuSYodt6hTTlUNG9l9oBaAbpJeqBYC8hBa869MHGS-Uy1vKOoAsA.jpg 
Views:	292 
Size:	51.2 KB 
ID:	53011   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	saplZspPJz0oD7idY6Aiqgon_1VgN_h7uccEyD8J_as7jQ3xu8Tql5jE8H72TgmKekWfPPogd0MZftlU69cndg.jpg 
Views:	296 
Size:	52.5 KB 
ID:	53012  

Last edited by Mansfield67; 08-28-2015 at 09:54 PM.

Oops...you're right! Sorry! Last time I was at 10066 the backside looked very different, but then that's been a decade ago!

10048 CIELO DRIVE is still on the market. Anyone have 20 million to spend ?

http://http://www.realtor.com/reales...4-59414?row=21
    KELT' HOME FOR WAYWARD YOUTH-
    Helping Young Men To Turn Around For Over Twenty Years !

damn why can't it just go to down to like $80,000, $120,000...???
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I made the same mistake in a previous post I saw a pic of the living room and thought they had kept the original fireplace! Found out later it was 10048. Since you wrote a great book on Sharon,what are your views on Alisa Statman's book?

Restless Souls, in a word...No. I would avoid it.

I wasn't impressed at all by the book.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

While it's a beautiful house what has always creeped me out about it both original Tate home and now the Franklin remodel is the over abundance of windows with no blinds or curtains. The night of the murders the Family could have just walked up to the house and seen everyone in the house.

Plus I couldn't feel comfortable doing a cannonball into the pool right where Abigail Folger died

You will love it !!
    I do! I collect books on photography, this is a must have. It is a lovely book.....does not dwell on her death. I am not a Roman fan, but I do like what he wrote in the Forward.

She was simply beautiful.

Glad you love it ! I'm not a Roman fan either, but what he said was lovely. I saw a recent interview with him ,and when he talked of her there was a deep sadness in his voice and it showed on his face. I felt sad for him.

I think he really loved her. And it showed from his early interviews
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    When I close my eyes I can see you. And finally, Thank you Dad. for everything.
    March 1934-July 2016

I think he did love her very much. In interviews when he was younger he spoke of it matter of factly not really showing his emotions. Now that he's older, his tone has changed and you can feel his sorrow.

Hockeywife Guest
    Not that I'm trying to make excuses for him, but I can't help but wonder if her murder psychologically messed him up and possibly led him the the incident.

Quote Originally Posted by Hockeywife View Post
    Not that I'm trying to make excuses for him, but I can't help but wonder if her murder psychologically messed him up and possibly led him the the incident.
    I think it is possible. I mean could you imagine the horror he went through.

And no, I am not making excuses for him either.

Yes, I think he really loved Sharon.

Maybe I'm in the minority here but as far as I am concerned, there will never be a good enough reason for anybody to do what he did and no one will ever be able to convince me otherwise.

I'm sure he was horrified by what had happened in '69. I agree with you on this, he was in his mid forties when this incident took place. And for all the he said/she said, he was still a grown man who knew right from wrong. But frankly, I don't think he cared and still doesn't.

Hockeywife Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by shellc View Post
    Maybe I'm in the minority here but as far as I am concerned, there will never be a good enough reason for anybody to do what he did and no one will ever be able to convince me otherwise.
    It's definitely no excuse. Just kinda playing devils advocate

I'm sure he was horrified by what had happened in '69. I agree with you on this, he was in his mid forties when this incident took place. And for all the he said/she said, he was still a grown man who knew right from wrong. But frankly, I don't think he cared and still doesn't.
    If he even apologised...it wouldn't change what he did but at least it would make a start but like you said it's not gonna happen now. He is an arrogant man who obviously thinks he can do as he wishes because of what happened and because he's good at his job. It also doesn't help that you have all these celebrities lining up to defend him. My opinion on this is the same as it always is when someone defends anyone accused of this - What would you say if it was your daughter/sister/mother etc that was attacked? Would you still think it was consensual and that no harm was done then?

It's definitely no excuse. Just kinda playing devils advocate
    I know there are many to this day who say he did nothing wrong which is something I can't get my head around and like you say, it would be fun to see the excuses of those who think that. I do believe in free speech and that you can say what you want but there's a point that you wonder why certain people weren't gagged at birth lol.

Exactly. It has always bothered me that these people defended his actions. But, these are mainly Hollywood types, not much going on in the IQ/brain department I'm afraid. Very disturbing actually. From what others have said he had a very Svengali like persona, so I could see him drawing these idiots in.

Hockeywife Guest
    I agree with separating the art from the artist and still being able to appreciate his work, but I can see where some can't

Bruce Davis got approved for parole again. Debra is understandably upset even though Bruce was not there at Cielo Dr. on 8-9-69. I wouldn't want to see any of them go free whether they were involved in Tate-LaBianca-Hinman-Shea murders. let's hope the Gov. overturns the decision again.

Quote Originally Posted by ROBERT63 View Post
    Bruce Davis got approved for parole again. Debra is understandably upset even though Bruce was not there at Cielo Dr. on 8-9-69. I wouldn't want to see any of them go free whether they were involved in Tate-LaBianca-Hinman-Shea murders. let's hope the Gov. overturns the decision again.
    I doubt he'll get it this time either. If Susan Atkins got denied parole even when she was dying, I doubt any of the others will. The only way they will leave now is in a coffin.

They should realize by now they don't stand a chance of being released. Just give up, and accept that your fate is to leave prison in a pine box.