Page 8 of 43 FirstFirst ... 67891017 ... LastLast

Thread: Station Nightclub fire in West Warwick, Rhode Island 2

I think that girl with the short red shirt was falsely identified as Sarah Telgarsky, although I knew it wasn't her. I haven't been able to find Sarah T either. That girl in the red shirt was also identified as someone else. Can't remember the name, but she is associated with auto racing. Although, I read that she never left the raised area to the side of the dance floor. That woman looked a lot like the red shirt girl and I swear it's her.

i have to edit my post because I see dionyzus came through for us. I'd say that's Sarah T in your capture. Good job! I'm going to say that woman with the red shirt up near the stage was Pamela something?
    Last edited by Lt. Frank Drebin; 01-09-2015 at 06:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dionyzus View Post
    I've attached a picture to show where I think Sarah Telgarsky was in the video. I pasted her normal photo beside it for comparison. Note that the screen capture of her is rather blurry, but watching the video in real time it looks a lot like her, and she is dancing around as described.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Telgarsky possible.jpg 
Views:	596 
Size:	65.8 KB 
ID:	52214

As for the girl in the red shirt from the preshow video, we debated about her a lot in the first thread. We had some possible IDs but I don't think we IDed her for sure. It's possible the girl outside is the same woman; if it's the one I'm seeing, she ended up bloodying her arms getting out!
    Wow, that was a great find! I also saw (in the pre-show footage) what looks to be Bonnie Hamelin right before the camera gets to my Kevin Washburn guy. It's so quick though, and such a longshot, I'm not sure if I'll even post it.
    Last edited by CommanderAmander; 01-09-2015 at 07:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderAmander View Post
    Wow, that was a great find! I also saw (in the pre-show footage) what looks to be Bonnie Hamelin right before the camera gets to my Kevin Washburn guy. It's so quick though, and such a longshot, I'm not sure if I'll even post it.
    Would she be behind William Cartwright? At what time in the video does she appear?

What do you guys think of the guy talking to the man in the light coat w/ dark collar at 2:42 -- Michael Cordier? I read that the Budweiser Reps generally hung around the main bar engaging patrons in conversation. This guy seems to be wearing a dark hat or visor; I would think that all Bud reps there that night were wearing Bud garb (they were tossing Bud hats and t-shirts to the crowd before the show).

Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Frank Drebin View Post
    I think that girl with the short red shirt was falsely identified as Sarah Telgarsky, although I knew it wasn't her. I haven't been able to find Sarah T either. That girl in the red shirt was also identified as someone else. Can't remember the name, but she is associated with auto racing. Although, I read that she never left the raised area to the side of the dance floor. That woman looked a lot like the red shirt girl and I swear it's her.

i have to edit my post because I see dionyzus came through for us. I'd say that's Sarah T in your capture. Good job! I'm going to say that woman with the red shirt up near the stage was Pamela something?
    Sarah Telgarsky was seen putting on lipstick in the pre show video shot from the stage she was wearing red. The girl in the front row was Pam Beinecke (Sp?) Yes, she stated she never left her spot by her hubby. I still say her auto racing pics look exactly like the girl by Derek, even the hairstyle!

Mammy Guest
    Dionyzus,

that does look like William Cartwright. Does anyone know who his friend is that he supposedly went to the show with? His friend survived. It appears that "William Cartwright" and "Kevin Washburn" are together in the video, so if we hypothesize that this is WC and find out what his survivor friend looked like, we may be able to match the friend to who we're calling Kevin Washburn. I don't know- I'm still not buying that that is Kevin Washburn. Yeah, the lower nose looks identical, but the bridge of the nose/eye area don't match.
    William Cartwright went to the concert with Frederick Vallente. It is mentioned in Frederick's witness statement. In Cara Delsesto's witness statement, she mentioned spending time at the concert talking to Frederick Vallente, William Cartwright, and Tina Ayer. Cara went to the concert with her boyfriend, Michael Kaczymarzyk, and her sister, Lisa Delsesto.

Hi Mammy, great to see your post! Thank you for the info on Frederick Vallente, I was going a little crazy looking for that.

I remember reading the missing persons reports on the Google drive, but for the life of me I can't find them again. Can anyone help?

Mammy Guest
    Hi Mammy, great to see your post! Thank you for the info on Frederick Vallente, I was going a little crazy looking for that.

I remember reading the missing persons reports on the Google drive, but for the life of me I can't find them again. Can anyone help?
    You're welcome. It took me forever to find it and I was practically cross eyed from reading so many witness statements. I actually did a fist pump when I finally found it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    You're welcome. It took me forever to find it and I was practically cross eyed from reading so many witness statements. I actually did a fist pump when I finally found it.
    Ok, so I took that info and went back and read Cara Delsesto's witness statement. On page 6 of her statement, she says she saw Kevin Washburn there. So, Cara is the link between Kevin W. and William C., she knew them both, which makes it even more likely that that IS Kevin W. standing there talking with William C. That makes sense, right??

Mammy, I'm now joining you in your fist pump celebration!

Mammy Guest
    Ok, so I took that info and went back and read Cara Delsesto's witness statement. On page 6 of her statement, she says she saw Kevin Washburn there. So, Cara is the link between Kevin W. and William C., she knew them both, which makes it even more likely that that IS Kevin W. standing there talking with William C. That makes sense, right??

Mammy, I'm now joining you in your fist pump celebration!
    Sounds plausible to me. One thing that I have noticed that makes identifying people harder to do is many of the pictures used in obituaries and memorial profiles were older pictures and the victim's looks had changed a lot. Some of them barely resembled the old pictures at all since the pictures were senior portraits for some of them and they were in their twenties, thirties, and forties when they died.

Have any of you ever id Edward Corbett? I dont have time to look through the first thread right now

Mammy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyrica View Post
    Have any of you ever id Edward Corbett? I dont have time to look through the first thread right now
    I don't think so.

Have any of you ever id Edward Corbett? I don't have time to look through the first thread right now
    He's not in the video.

Also, please don't link survivors' personal FB pages. We have tried VERY hard here to keep these threads respectful & in honor of those that perished & survived that night. Let's not disrespect those who have chosen to move on from this tragedy & it's aftermath.

We spent months IDing people & even at the end of the day there is really NO way to positively ID anyone.
    Last edited by LLC; 01-10-2015 at 09:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LLC View Post
    He's not in the video.

Also, please don't link survivors' personal FB pages. We have tried VERY hard here to keep these threads respectful & in honor of those that perished & survived that night. Let's not disrespect those who have chosen to move on from this tragedy & it's aftermath.

We spent months IDing people & even at the end of the day there is really NO way to positively ID anyone.
    I apologize, I went back and edited the link out of my post. I meant no harm.

It is difficult to identify everyone. I don't believe that it will ever be done. However, there are some people who are obvious. Others, of course, don't look much like their tribute photographs.

Lt. Frank Drebin, I was trying to hard to remember where I saw that name. Thank you for reminding me. I love The Naked Gun movies.
    The reason a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail instead of his tongue.

Agreed, Noelle. And that's where I have to disagree somewhat with LLC. There are some that have been IDed without a doubt, such as Tracy King, Mario Giamei, Derek Gray, Andrea Mancini, Adam Tanzi, and Nick O'Neill. I think it's safe to say that they have been positively identified. Then you have some that we're fairly certain about, such as Walter Rich and Eugene Avilez, but not 100% positively. Then you have some that is probably them, but maybe not, like Sarah Telgarsky and Robert Croteau.

Also, somewhere in the videos is Dale Latulippe. I read that he was rocking out, looking like Rod Stewart with the long hair in the video.

I think Im going to have to rock The Naked Gun or Super Troopers tonight with all this talk about them.

Squishy- yes; Pam Beineke. That's who that woman with the short red shirt looks like. The cheeks, hair, and upper body seem to match up. She looks a bit flagged in the video, so maybe she didn't remember stepping away from her husband to get closer to the stage?
    Last edited by Lt. Frank Drebin; 01-10-2015 at 05:50 PM.

I keep typing and deleting. Typing and deleting.

Squishy- yes; Pam Beineke. That's who that woman with the short red shirt looks like. The cheeks, hair, and upper body seem to match up. She looks a bit flagged in the video, so maybe she didn't remember stepping away from her husband to get closer to the stage?
    Based on her witness statement, I don't think that's Pam. I remembered commenting on Pam Beineke back in the first thread. Here is the excerpt:

Quote Originally Posted by dionyzus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Squishy View Post
    Okay, I am not going to say her name on here, just the blonde in the red sweater, in front of the stage, initials PB, I was reading her and her husband's (G.B.) statement in the Grand Jury folder, and they both stated that she stayed against the wall in the raised lounge area left of stage the whole time! They never once said that she was right smack in front of the stage by Derek and Al right before Great White came on. The before fire video puts her right there. She had to have seen something! Anybody who knows her name, do a Google image search on it, that's her! I wouldn't post her name, since people who have been through the fire do come across this forum...
    I don't think this is Pam Beineke [no need to abbreviate names here at FAD]. Her witness statement says she was wearing a 3/4 sleeve red shirt. The blonde in the Butler video near the front of the stage had on a red short sleeve sweater. The most recent attempts on FAD to ID the one in the red sweater, from about a year ago, was Stacie Angers, but it wasn't 100% certain.
    Pam also made a separate Grand Jury testimony that places her by the side railing, nothing in it indicated that she was ever at the front of the stage.

Has anyone ever been able to figure out who the smiley guy is that says, "Hey, film me!" in the pre-fire video? I'm assuming he's a survivor...

19. 01-11-2015, 11:42 AM

So I've been going back and re-reading the original thread, and there is soooo much info in there... LLC, kudos to you for all the hard work you've done on the Station. I'm seeing that a lot of what we've been posting about lately has already been covered before, but I'm still interested in revisiting some of those topics.

Hope everyone had a good Monday.

Amanda

EJAK Guest
    Dear All,

(I'd like to point out that I am currently on page 38 of the original thread, just reading through, and I wasn't intending to reply until I had read the entire thing, the station is my Obsession blah blah blah and I could not wait until I finished all pages so I could finally meet LLC, Mammy, Mary, Sheebee, Alanwench, Dr. Fishead and crew (and anyone I've missed out), I feel like I know you all so well from reading all of your posts but have never spoken to any of you, but I am here to discuss a "higher purpose" so to speak, and I hope all of you will not think I am crazy!)

My name is Jack, I have just turned 19 years old, and I am from England (have lived all over the world in the last few years) I am a songwriter/performer and I am terrified of fire/burning.

I first discovered the Station Fire after a buddy of mine from Massachusetts mentioned it to me, I thought that the Roger Williamson Crash Video was the worst thing I'd ever seen (I still think so, you do not see/hear anything graphic, but it's the pure desperation of poor David Purley that got me, and it still fucks me up more than the Station video ever has, so much so that I had to make a pilgrimage to Castle Donington, England, to pay my respects to the statue of poor Roger.

Anyway, I am going off topic. This friend of mine basically said that the Station Nightclub fire video for him, was his Roger Williamson video, and that you literally see people "Burning Alive". He advised me not to watch the video, and I really didn't want to as that is my worst fear, but human nature (and pure British defiance) dictated that I did anyway (skipping through most of it, with sound off of course) I have now watched the video so many times that I can watch ISIS beheading and the Paris Shootings without so much as blinking, that's how desensitized I have become. (This all happened around the 10th of December, the first mention of it I mean)

Anyway, the station video was in the back of my mind, until the 21st of December, during which I got very drunk and decided to listen to the debut album "C'mon Let's Pretend" by my favorite band Sahara Hotnights (I didn't very much like this album at first, but now I think it is one of the greatest albums ever made). Anyway, while listening to this, and on the penultimate track (that has a much lower and more depressing vibe to the rest of the album) I suddenly thought about the station, and couldn't get it out of my brain. It disturbed me so much that I drank until dawn arrived, in a state of almost psychosis being disturbed about the events of the 20th of February 2003. I don't know what brought it on, it just happened!

Anyway, I was staying in a windmill with my family (that I don't get to see very often since I have moved back to England) where there was no wifi. I could only get it down the local pub. Anyway, during the evening of the 22nd, I decided to google something about the station, and I found a result on page 9 of a certain thread on the forum of this weird website called "Find a Death" I saved the page, and went home and read it that night. Truly captivated, but thinking I would never read the whole thing, the next night at the pub, I opened up pages 10, 11 and 12 of the thread for offline reading that night at the windmill. And from then I was hooked, and on Christmas eve, I started from scratch, and have been reading ever since (as of today I am on page 38).

It is during this further reading that I discovered Nicky O' Neill. Now I immediately sympathized with him because not only was he almost the same age as me, but he was also trying to make a career in the exact same thing as me (Music), I also learned about his obsession with the number 41. Now, being a pronounced atheist after trying almost every single religion out there (but mildly superstitious, and believing strongly in fate) I was very skeptical about the whole "41" thing, thinking it was the family's way of dealing with grief and I would never "get mine".

However (and here is the first small sucker punch of the night, not enough to make me post here, it's the second massive sucker punch that did) I have my own "41" and that is with the name "Johanna" (any spelling) The bass player in the band I mentioned earlier is called Johanna (and she's cute, I thought I would mention, lol), I wrote a song in October, which is possibly the best song I have ever written, and it needed a name, A Girl's Name! And the only name that worked? You guessed it, Joanna (A buddy of mine had a song with that name, so to make mine stand out it was changed to "Johanna"). Anyway, Christmas soon came around, and just before I finally brought myself to watch the documentary on the life and the tragic death of Ayrton Senna, called "Senna". In this documentary, Ayrton had a boat. It's name? Joanna. On Christmas day only one of my family members received a book. Name of the author of that book? Joanna! I played my song at the pub to a crowd on boxing day, and then I was set to play on new years. I met a cute girl (on new years) who had heard it on boxing day, and guess what her name was? Joanna! I then played just after midnight on new years, to a crowd of almost 150 people, starting off by playing Johanna, in-front of Joanna. (Here comes the sucker-punch) I was reading this thread, and someone mentioned the Cocoanut Grove fire for the umpteenth time (near page 37/38), and I decided to look it up once again. I did a Google image search and found a list of actor's that died in fires. Number one was a guy called Jack Cassidy. Now the first thing that freaked me out about this was that he was of Irish heritage (just like me), the second thing (this was a big one), is that I saw his first AND middle names on his death certificate. Jack Edward. Jack FUCKING Edward. That's my name!!!! Anyway, the last thing I saw was a clip of him on find a death, where he is on a show in 1969 called "Whats's my line" the first thing he does is when he comes out is a trick with the flame of a cigarette lighter (Incredibly ironic I know). Jack Edward (Cassidy) then proceeds towards the panel and sit's next to a woman. Her name? Joanna. MIND BLOWN YET? I HAVEN'T EVEN STARTED! (Here is the link to that video if you don't believe me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04q-nTod5DU#t=86)

Anyway, everyone always mentioned in the first 35 or so pages on the forum that I would get my "41" (a sign from Nicky) and it would blow my mind. I was heavily skeptical, even more so that I lived in England, and you guys said that he would have a certain "territory".

(Here's the thing that's really going to blow you all away!)

Anyway, for some reason, tonight of all nights, I decided to go to bed and as I was drunk, and for the first time since the 21st of December, and guess what? I was in the mood for some Sahara Hotnights, and put on my favorite album "C'mon Let's Pretend" their debut released in 1999. I lay down with my headset on, trying to get to sleep, and having a blast listening to them. Anyway, we get to the penultimate track (once again, and I have grown to love it's deepness by now) when I see two bright flashes outside my window, even though my eyes were pretty much shut. I ran to the window thinking it was a thunderstorm or something, and I looked out to see that the clouds were thin (and also it is winter!), as a qualified pilot, being trained in the field of meteorology, I knew that these two flashes of white (some of the brightest I have ever seen may I add), could not have possibly been due to the weather, so I put the explanation down to "Sleep Paralysis" as I had been lying still in the same position for more than half an hour at this point. I turned the bedside lamp on, and attempted to lie down again and rest, when all of a sudden I got the hunch to Google the album on my iPad, for no particular reason at all. And guess what? (Here it comes, and I know it says differently on Wikipedia by about 7 seconds but that is just due to track spacing on CD vs. Vinyl etc), anyway, like I was saying, I googled the album that I first listened to that led me to finding this thread. And the length of that album?

41:41

Yes, you read that right, 41:41.

I have been waiting here this whole time for a sign from Nicky to prove that the after life existed, after reading all about him, and had come up with nothing, not a single 41, only to find that he sent me a sign that led me to you guys before I even knew a guy Nicholas O' Neill existed. (I really wanted a 41 all this time, because as a fellow musician I found it ghostly to listen to his stuff on Spotify, "Everything Else" is my favorite, and I often find myself singing it. I know that the production quality is rather shit, and that his songs are not particularly original in chord progression and genre. But I was almost 19 when I wrote my first "bloody lovely" song, and I know that if Nicky lived he would more than likely refined his sound and songwriting, and I am pretty sure he would have made it big. We were robbed of Nicky O' Neill in the same way that we were robbed of Roger Williamson, and here you see this post going (naturally and beautifully) full circle).

As soon as I found out the length of the album tears started streaming down my face, not because I was crying, but because I was overwhelmed. I admit I was terrified, (But in a good way) and I had no idea what to do apart from running downstairs at almost 3am and start typing here. Anyway, I hope I have truly blown all of your minds, and I swear to you guys on every organ in my body that every word of this is true, sorry for such a premature introduction, I don't know how frequently I will reply as I still have 100+ pages of catching up to do, but all I can say is that, I am certainly not such an atheist any more...

Thanks for reading this truly other worldly experience of mine (tonight I had my mind blown both with "Johanna" and "41)

Jack
    Last edited by EJAK; 01-14-2015 at 04:40 PM.

Hi Jack, welcome! I too have been following the Station threads for a long time now, and I totally understand your obsession.

That's really interesting about your 41 moments, and I agree, Nick O'Neill had the potential to be a great performer someday.

I've never heard of the Roger Williamson death, I'm going to have to go look that up now... I hope you continue to post and I look forward to your contributions!

Amanda

EJAK Guest

I've never heard of the Roger Williamson death, I'm going to have to go look that up now... I hope you continue to post and I look forward to your contributions!

Amanda
    Thank you for the welcome Amanda,

I do warn you that that video has brought some of the most emotionally hardened individuals I know to tears, It will remain in your thoughts for some time, so please exercise cation while clicking.

Cheers!

Jack

Welcome to the thread.

EJAK Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SheeBee View Post
    Welcome to the thread.
    Thank you Sheebee!

It's great to finally be able to talk to you after reading so many of your posts!

I'm curious to know what you thought of my original post? A sign from Nicky to do what he was never able to, me being absolutely nuts, or a load of shit! (be honest)

Meanwhile, I wait for LLC's reply! LLC! If you are out there, I hope that ticker of yours is still working and that you got to meet your Rod Stuart Station Jay Survivor Tribute Man! (But no spoilers... I haven't read that far ahead in the thread yet!)

26. 01-14-2015, 07:41 PM
    Reason
    Dupe

tjh960 Guest
    Hey gang, I hope everyone had a great Holiday season...

Mammy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by tjh960 View Post
    It's great to see you here!

tjh960 Guest
    It's great to see you here!
    Thanks mammy...It's almost another anniversary for the fire...And it gets me reliving it again...

Mammy Guest
    Thanks mammy...It's almost another anniversary for the fire...And it gets me reliving it again...
    I'm sure it does and I'm so sorry.It has been on my mind more lately and I didn't even know anyone there. It's surreal that almost twelve years have gone by since the fire.

tjh960 Guest
    I'm sure it does and I'm so sorry.It has been on my mind more lately and I didn't even know anyone there. It's surreal that almost twelve years have gone by since the fire.
    The memorial still hasn't begun yet...The site is still fenced off.

Mammy Guest
    The memorial still hasn't begun yet...The site is still fenced off.
    I know and that is such a shame. I've been keeping up with it on Facebook. They may have to look into changing it around some so it won't be so expensive. The victims absolutely deserve a beautiful memorial, but the fundraising for it has been pretty stagnant for a long time. I'd rather see them with a less elaborate, but still nice memorial than a bare patch of fenced off ground and no memorial at all.

tjh960 Guest
    I know and that is such a shame. I've been keeping up with it on Facebook. They may have to look into changing it around some so it won't be so expensive. The victims absolutely deserve a beautiful memorial, but the fundraising for it has been pretty stagnant for a long time. I'd rather see them with a less elaborate, but still nice memorial than a bare patch of fenced off ground and no memorial at all.
    I agree 100%..Some park benches and a large stone with the victims names should suffice...I think the town of W.Warwick feels they are going to get stuck with the upkeep of the site.

Hi tjh960!

I'm so happy to see some old faces on this thread... and of course, the new ones too!

I agree 100%..Some park benches and a large stone with the victims names should suffice...I think the town of W.Warwick feels they are going to get stuck with the upkeep of the site.
    It's the least they could do... it's ridiculous that here we are, 12 years later, and the site is still bare. Seriously, RI is one of the most fucked up, politically rigged states there is.

TJ - great to hear from you again
    The reason a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail instead of his tongue.

AJAK, your Post 384 is in violation of Rule 7 which states NO extreme copy and paste. I've already PM'd you about this, but apparently you ignored it. The rule of thumb is a small paragraph or two and then a link to the remaining of the data. Please trim this post ASAP to fit our policy. Failure to comply will result in staff action. You might want to read FAQ before posting again.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

38. 01-15-2015, 04:48 PM
    Reason
    Off topic

Mammy Guest
    Out of fairness to the memorial committee, it took a very long time before the land was ever acquired from the owner and they were in limbo for years because they didn't own the land. I would love to see the big, beautiful memorial built that they have planned, but the plans seem to be going nowhere fast. IIRC, there is a time limit that states a memorial must be built there in a certain amount of years or the land reverts back to the original owner. The last I heard, the foundation has roughly $200,000 to build a memorial with so far. It seems like a really nice memorial could be built with that amount of money. It may not be as big and elaborate, but it would still be nice and get done much quicker. Maybe even start out with a less expensive memorial and add more to it as they get more money. I hate that there is nothing there at all.

Hey TJ!! You have been on my mind. I think because of the anniversary and also some new people are going through the thread.

EJAK - I never looked for the 41. So I would be the wrong person to ask. But there are a lot of people here that find it. I also looked at the video you referenced. I felt very bad for the guy trying to save his life. Nothing gory but it was frustrating to watch. The Station fire sticks with you for obvious reasons. When you start putting names with faces it becomes something else. That is why I have watched the actual fire video many times. But I've watched the pre-show video only a few times.

TJ and Mammy - I worry that they won't get anything built. For the small amount raised they can't even landscape. Something simple would be wonderful. The Oklahoma City memorial is pretty simple but moving. If they would just get something in there it would help.

EJAK Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SheeBee View Post
    EJAK - I never looked for the 41. So I would be the wrong person to ask. But there are a lot of people here that find it. I also looked at the video you referenced. I felt very bad for the guy trying to save his life. Nothing gory but it was frustrating to watch. The Station fire sticks with you for obvious reasons. When you start putting names with faces it becomes something else. That is why I have watched the actual fire video many times. But I've watched the pre-show video only a few times.
    Dearest Sheebee,

I agree with you on the names to faces thing, in fact, when I first watched the "Before the Fire" video, I found it much more upsetting than the actual video, and I agree that it is worse (In a similar, but very different way, from the Roger Williamson video)

Now, I have grown to love the Before the Fire video, as it is a video full of many happy people. Even though I spot Nicky, who looks very troubled (but at peace) and a couple of others I know who did not make it, I am glad that up until the events of the tragedy, the vast majority of these people could not have been happier (Just like Roger Williamson, who I am sure was over the moon about the fact he was behind the wheel of a cutting edge Formula 1 Car).

Anyway, as I said, I now love the before the fire video, as long as I pause it and close it just before people start to notice the fire, and I make absolutely sure I do not watch both videos too close to each other, because I don't think I could handle that. The happiness is okay to watch for me, the tragedy is okay to watch for me, but I cannot bring myself to watch one unfold into the other.

Anyway, I was planning on making a vertically large photo with many screen captures putting names to faces in the before the fire video, every name to every face in a single post, rather than it being scattered throughout the forum. However, I need to see if this task has already been accomplished, so I guess it's back to reading again for me, and trying to get back to where we are at this point in time.

I still have no idea if there was ever a memorial, or if LLC ever met Jay Gates (No Spoilers!) So there are many things to keep me reading on!

Cheers,

Jack

tjh960 Guest
    Hi Sheebee and Noel...It's nice to see a lot of the old crowd and some new blood still posting here.

weirdgurl Guest
    I agree. They can always add more elaborate things later. There needs to be something there now.

Quote Originally Posted by EJAK View Post

Meanwhile, I wait for LLC's reply! LLC! If you are out there, I hope that ticker of yours is still working.
    Lemme check....yep, still beating. Lol. Welcome, EJAK!

Welcome EJAK!!! So nice to meet you!! You boosted my ego big-time when you mentioned my name as someone you'd like to hear from. That's a first for me!! Great read about your "41" experience. I'm sure by now you've come to know first-hand the addictive nature of this thread, the event, and the people involved. It has touched us all in ways we can never explain. I look forward to seeing many more posts from you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hi, nice to see you back in the tread again. I have been thinking about you since i come over the first tread for a couple a weeks ago

EJAK Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by LLC View Post
    Lemme check....yep, still beating. Lol. Welcome, EJAK!
    Hey LLC!

Great to finally meet a member whose witty but informative contributions have never failed to bring a smile to my face!

I just got to the bit in the thread where you finally met Jay! (Didn't see the photos as I guess you have deleted them!) But still, I was anticipating it all through reading and it was great to finally get there

Shame about "Ed" his girlfriend, but like everyone said, I'm sure she was just jealous he was giving you all the attention!

Anyway, back to the more serious Station-ey stuff now for me, hope to hear from you soon

Quote Originally Posted by maryd View Post
    Welcome EJAK!!! So nice to meet you!! You boosted my ego big-time when you mentioned my name as someone you'd like to hear from. That's a first for me!! Great read about your "41" experience. I'm sure by now you've come to know first-hand the addictive nature of this thread, the event, and the people involved. It has touched us all in ways we can never explain. I look forward to seeing many more posts from you!
    Mary,

The very least I could do is give you an honorable mention, after all the wonderful contributions you have made here!

Thanks for reading through my 41, it sure was crazy, and I am quite sure I am still a little bit in shock from it. I just had to tell someone, and who better than all of you lovely people on the thread!

I will always be lurking, but I do not want to post too much here, for fear of re-posting stuff I have not yet read and looking like a fool!

See you guys soon

Jack

tjh960 Guest
    Hi, nice to see you back in the tread again. I have been thinking about you since i come over the first tread for a couple a weeks ago
    Hi Lyrica and welcome....I usually show up during the winter months and hang around until spring.

I will always be lurking, but I do not want to post too much here, for fear of re-posting stuff I have not yet read and looking like a fool!

See you guys soon

Jack
    I've been re-reading the original thread as well, as I'm guilty of rehashing things that had been discussed previously. It's great, because I'm catching things I didn't catch the first time around.

Welcome back to those who have been away for awhile!

Hey guys, just discovered this list while researching, unfortunately, it is mainly a list of history repeating itself, hope it is of some use! also, please see the attached link that this came from as there is a great account of a guy that had a friend at the station.

Then the others (not necessarily pyrotechnics that started these):
    (All links become clickable if you go directly to this link... http://www.reddit.com/r/worldnews/co...n_a_nightclub/)
    Hi Jack, welcome to the thread. I see you're hooked on learning about this fire, join the club.. oh wait, you already have! I see you write music, I admire that! I play drums and write a little bit, but I wish I could write better. Do you have a site where we can hear your songs?

The list you posted above is a good reminder that there have been several similar tragic fires. One to add to that list is the 2013 Kiss Nightclub fire in Brazil. It was perhaps the most similar of all to the Station Fire, and eerie because it happened almost exactly 10 years later.

On a different subject, I found a rather disturbing portion of a witness statement by Stefanie Simpson. She said that when the fire broke out, she checked the ladies room because the friend she went with had gone there before the show started. She said her friend had left (and survived) but she saw two other women in there. I assume they were Bridget Sanetti and Katie O'Donnell. She led one of them out, to find the club already on fire. Stefanie said she barely made it out by being tossed out a window. But this leads me to wonder about the 2 bodies found in the ladies room. Based on Stefanie's description, it suggests that the lady she led out of the bathroom saw the fire and went back in, maybe because she didn't want to face the fire or she didn't want to leave her friend, or both? Anyway it is a tragic perspective on the final moments of those two poor women.

EJAK, Cindy courteously fixed your many posts so they'd comply with rule 7 re copyright infringement.

If members have time to post, we have the time to read the FAQ. I suggest you do that and comply with the forum rules from now on. The Flags for Hags section of the FAQ will explain what will happen next if you choose not to.

If you disagree with any of the above, feel free to contact the adminstrator who's contact info is also located in the FAQ.
    Last edited by SomeChick; 01-16-2015 at 11:09 PM.

Mammy Guest
    Welcome to the forum, Ejak!

I've always wondered if Bridget and Katie decided to stay in the ladies room because they thought the fire department would get the fire put out quickly and they would be rescued? We know one of them had dialed 911 on her cellphone. If they looked out of the restroom door and decided there is no way they could make it to an exit because of the fire, maybe they thought being rescued was their best chance of surviving. Nobody could have ever expected the place to be engulfed as fast as it was. It's such a shame that the exit close to the restrooms had been walled over years before. Maybe a few more people could have escaped and Bridget and Katie may have survived. This whole fire has a million "what ifs."

EJAK Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    EJAK, Cindy courteously fixed your many posts so they'd comply with rule 7 re copyright infringement.

If members have time to post, we have the time to read the FAQ. I suggest you do that and comply with the forum rules from now on. The Flags for Hags section of the FAQ will explain what will happen next if you choose not to.

If you disagree with any of the above, feel free to contact the adminstrator who's contact info is also located in the FAQ.
    Hey there Somechick!

I have just noticed that Cindy has very kindly fixed my post to comply to the rules!

As soon as I saw her notification, my intention was to trim down the post, and then hyperlink all of the fires to their respective wikipedia pages.

However, as I have have a very busy couple of days in the recording studio, I knew that I would not have time to fix the post without admin action being taken against me, so I decided to delete it, and I would take the time to carefully re-post it applying links etc on Saturday (Today)

However, when I woke up this morning, I saw this post of yours, and to my surprise and eternal gratitude, I see that Cindy has taken the time to do most of it for me, so now all I must do is apply the links to each fire in the parts she left in.

The only part of the above I "disagree" with, is the fact you said many posts. There was only one post in violation of the rules as far as I am aware, and it was that one (#384), and I assure you that after I got flagged up on it, I re-read the FAQ (Not a skim read like the first time, a proper full read, I think you can tell by the nature of my very first post here why I was desperate to get typing instead of spending time paying close attention to the FAQ), and I am proud to say that I was planning on trimming it down to something similar (but probably not as good) as the way that Cindy has done, but since she has already done that for me, all I have to do is add a couple of hyperlinks, which I shall take the time to do now, as Cindy has taken the time to do most of the work for me!

Anyway, I'm very sorry for breaking the rules (I'll behave now I promise) I hope no one got too offended by my actions,

Cheers!

Jack