Page 7 of 37 FirstFirst ... 5678916 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 350 of 1813

Thread: Station Nightclub fire in West Warwick, Rhode Island 2

  1. #301
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,670
    Quote Originally Posted by HouseAtreides View Post
    I'm from Cambridge, Massachusetts and was 12-years-old and on my way to school in the morning when my mom told me what happened. She told me the basics, that 100 people died, that there was a "pileup" in the doorway, and then later that day I read several news articles on the fire but that was all. I didn't know or comprehend the sheer horror of the night. Then last year, on the 10th anniversary of the tragedy, I stumbled upon the famous video on YouTube and was traumatized...but also obsessed. My obsession comes in cycles - I'll remember the incident, rewatch the video, be traumatized by it all over again, and do as much reading on the incident as possible. Then I'll forget about it. Months later I'll repeat it - find the video again, watch over and over again the parts of the "pile" burning, try to make out shapes of people in the flames, try to imagine what they might have been feeling/thinking, etc. The first time I saw the video I couldn't get the images and the screams of bloody murder out of my head, especially the woman screaming "I'm burning! I'm BURNING!!!" and then the screams that get so high pitched they become more of a gurgle. It was obvious that that person was on fire due to the sounds she was making. You can hear them in the YouTube video entitled "The Station Nightclub Fire (Clear Audio)" I actually wound up having to talk to somebody about what I'd seen.
    Welcome House! I feel the same way about this tragedy.


    Funfact: I grew up a town over from you.

  2. #302
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    I’m in ur house eatin ur cheetoz
    Posts
    1,248
    Quote Originally Posted by HouseAtreides View Post
    I'm from Cambridge, Massachusetts and was 12-years-old and on my way to school in the morning when my mom told me what happened. She told me the basics, that 100 people died, that there was a "pileup" in the doorway, and then later that day I read several news articles on the fire but that was all. I didn't know or comprehend the sheer horror of the night. Then last year, on the 10th anniversary of the tragedy, I stumbled upon the famous video on YouTube and was traumatized...but also obsessed. My obsession comes in cycles - I'll remember the incident, rewatch the video, be traumatized by it all over again, and do as much reading on the incident as possible. Then I'll forget about it. Months later I'll repeat it - find the video again, watch over and over again the parts of the "pile" burning, try to make out shapes of people in the flames, try to imagine what they might have been feeling/thinking, etc. The first time I saw the video I couldn't get the images and the screams of bloody murder out of my head, especially the woman screaming "I'm burning! I'm BURNING!!!" and then the screams that get so high pitched they become more of a gurgle. It was obvious that that person was on fire due to the sounds she was making. You can hear them in the YouTube video entitled "The Station Nightclub Fire (Clear Audio)" I actually wound up having to talk to somebody about what I'd seen.
    I can identify with the obsession. Some things I research and drop, some things I keep going back to. For me, It is between The Station and Columbine. I worked at a place like the Station, and Columbine (without the shooting) reminds me of my old high school. I wonder if I am on a watch list somewhere from all the Googling and You Tube videos, LOL!

  3. #303
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    2
    Thanks for the welcome, everyone. I have a question. What do you suppose the blaze smelled like to the people in the town, as well as the next towns over? A few months ago at around 10 PM a tiny private plane crashed after takeoff at Hanscom AFB in Lexington, MA, 11 miles to the west of my city, and thanks to the wind the smell of the burning wreckage (smelled mostly like burning rubber) could be smelled quite strongly as far east as Boston. When I say it stank I mean it STANK! I woke my parents up and let them know I was turning their window fan off, because I was afraid it might be blowing in toxic fumes or something. There was even a haze throughout the streets from the smoke.

    Now this plane was only carrying about four people (I think), so we didn't smell any burning flesh, but the Station nightclub fire claimed the lives of 100 people. Surely the smell of burning flesh was in the air, right?

  4. #304
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Omaha NE
    Posts
    1
    Hello everyone. Like many of you, I too cant stop thinking about this tragedy. I remember this event in the news when it happened. The other day I stumbled upon the 13 minute video on youtube and havent been able to get it out of my head since. In searching for more news I came upon this site and couldnt stop reading the original thread. There was so much great info in the first thread. After watching the video, finding out many of those in the vid survived was great. For some reason I almost feel like I was there. How dumb is that. I find myself wishing I couldve been there to help all those people. For some reason I feel having this fascination makes me warped in some way. In reality, Im just a normal guy, 40 college grad, husband and father of three. Reading many of your posts, you people seem like normal everyday types as well. This sentiment was counter intuitive when find a death kept popping up in my searches. I finally caved and opened the site. Then after a couple days I decided to register. Im glad I did.
    Unfortunately, many of the links in the original thread are no longer accessible. Im wondering if any of you can help me find access to the witness statements
    and grand-jury testimony? Thanks in advance!

  5. #305
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    I’m in ur house eatin ur cheetoz
    Posts
    1,248
    -Just quoting the link for the noobs Here is a place to start. Welcome aboard! These google drive links, thanks to dionyzus, are valuable! There are more further back in the thread!

  6. #306
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Tulsa, OK
    Posts
    215
    Quote Originally Posted by Chas G View Post
    Unfortunately, many of the links in the original thread are no longer accessible. Im wondering if any of you can help me find access to the witness statements
    and grand-jury testimony? Thanks in advance!
    Hi Chas, I'm 44, also a husband and father of 2. Also like you, I think I'm pretty normal aside from an abnormally strong interest in some events like the Station Fire. Below are the Google Drive links I posted.

    https://drive.google.com/folderview?...Uk&usp=sharing - All written documentation, police/fire dispatch, photos, and miscellaneous info

    https://drive.google.com/folderview?...Fk&usp=sharing - Selected videos

  7. #307
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    I’m in ur house eatin ur cheetoz
    Posts
    1,248
    A haa! There you are dionyzus! You rock with them links! How did you respond so damned fast here? It takes me forever.

  8. #308
    Welcome, HouseA and Chas. I find myself wondering about morbid details too. I used to think I had a morbid curiosity, but I'm so squeamish, I even have to look away from needle injections on TV. For me, I think it's a need to know details (exactly what happened, how it happened, aftermath, results, etc), but that's how I am with everything I research in history. I was hesitant about coming onto this forum at first too because I was under another impression. I've always been a history buff, but other than the Titanic, I haven't been into historical events involving tragedy until early 2003 when I read that the 100th anniversary of the Iroquois Theater fire was approaching (now that is a building I would have loved to visit). It was around the time I started researching the Iroquois Theater when I went with some friends to see Great White. The place was packed, exactly like what you saw in Brian Butler's videos, and being close to the stage, I thought about how we'd get out of there in a hurry if we needed to. Actually, I was just talking with one of my friends on New Year's Eve and he brought up that concert. I didn't remember much of the concert, probably because I was already a few beers into it by the time GW took the stage, but my friend said you could feel a good amount of heat on your face from the pyro. This was one week before the Station tragedy.

  9. #309
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Sunny Florida
    Posts
    146
    LLC, thanks for the info. I've read through most of the original thread, but it's been a while so I know I've missed some things.

    It would be awesome if we could recreate an ID list from the video again. I caught another possible ID, someone who looks like Kevin Washburn in the pre-show video. It happens so quick, it was hard to catch, but I managed to get a decent screenshot:
    Name:  Kevin Washburn.jpg
Views: 438
Size:  31.5 KB

    Here's the only pic I could find of him:Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kevin-washburn__1361314619_3662-1.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	13.2 KB 
ID:	52169
    The hair, hairline, eyebrows, and definitely the nose are the same. And it's pretty crazy, he was once told by a medium he wouldn't make it past his 30th birthday. He died 3 weeks before his 31st.

    What say you all?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KevinWashburn.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	31.3 KB 
ID:	52167  

  10. #310
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Sunny Florida
    Posts
    146
    Quote Originally Posted by HouseAtreides View Post
    Thanks for the welcome, everyone. I have a question. What do you suppose the blaze smelled like to the people in the town, as well as the next towns over? A few months ago at around 10 PM a tiny private plane crashed after takeoff at Hanscom AFB in Lexington, MA, 11 miles to the west of my city, and thanks to the wind the smell of the burning wreckage (smelled mostly like burning rubber) could be smelled quite strongly as far east as Boston. When I say it stank I mean it STANK! I woke my parents up and let them know I was turning their window fan off, because I was afraid it might be blowing in toxic fumes or something. There was even a haze throughout the streets from the smoke.

    Now this plane was only carrying about four people (I think), so we didn't smell any burning flesh, but the Station nightclub fire claimed the lives of 100 people. Surely the smell of burning flesh was in the air, right?
    Hi House,

    I can tell you from visiting the Station fire site the day after it happened- it STILL smelled. I can't describe exactly what it smelled like, but it was like a mix of burnt plastic, hair, wet mildewy wood... and what I guess could only be described as burnt flesh.

  11. #311
    I'm going to vote 'definitely no' on that being Kevin Washburn. That guy doesn't look 30 and general facial structure is different, although the nose does look the same. I just did a Google search for pics and found that Kevin Washburn looked a little more badass than the "kid" in your video still.

    that is interesting about the medium saying that he wouldn't make it past 30. I wonder if that medium knew how he was going to expire.
    Last edited by Lt. Frank Drebin; 01-05-2015 at 08:50 AM.

  12. #312
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    I’m in ur house eatin ur cheetoz
    Posts
    1,248
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Frank Drebin View Post
    I'm going to vote 'definitely no' on that being Kevin Washburn. That guy doesn't look 30 and general facial structure is different, although the nose does look the same. I just did a Google search for pics and found that Kevin Washburn looked a little more badass than the "kid" in your video still.

    that is interesting about the medium saying that he wouldn't make it past 30. I wonder if that medium knew how he was going to expire.
    I don't know, the only difference I see between the two pics is that the goatee is shaved off. But my eyes aren't great now. I should be getting my new glasses in a couple of days.

  13. 01-05-2015, 10:53 AM

  14. #313
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Sunny Florida
    Posts
    146
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Frank Drebin View Post
    I'm going to vote 'definitely no' on that being Kevin Washburn. That guy doesn't look 30 and general facial structure is different, although the nose does look the same. I just did a Google search for pics and found that Kevin Washburn looked a little more badass than the "kid" in your video still.

    that is interesting about the medium saying that he wouldn't make it past 30. I wonder if that medium knew how he was going to expire.
    Lt. Frank Drebin- I can definitely see what you're saying as far as the guy in the video shot looking younger than 30, but on the same token, we only have the 2 pics to compare to: Kevin's obituary photo, and the one found on Google. The obit pic seems more recent than the Google one, as his hair is longer and slightly lighter... but I agree with Squishy, I think taking away the facial hair makes a big difference. The nose is spot on, the hairline seems very similar, the mouth... Who knows, but I also saw something else that make me think it may have been Kevin. Immediately before the camera pans to "Kevin" in the video, he is standing directly next to this gentleman:

    Attachment 52173
    That guy looks a lot like Michael Stefani, who he went to the show with that night. Here's what Michael looks like now (thanks, Facebook!):
    Attachment 52174

    Any thoughts on this? I appreciate your input.

    Amanda
    Last edited by CommanderAmander; 01-05-2015 at 12:01 PM. Reason: Grammar

  15. #314
    Grrr.. Why am I never able to view those attachments?! If we can place Michael Stefani next to this guy, that could sway me to believe this is Kevin W. but for now, I'm thinking its not. To me this kid does not look 30, but going by Kevin W's two pics, I think he would have definitely looked at least 30 at the time of the fire. And also, the kid in the still looks "dorkier". But, I will have to look into Michael Stefani. Don't know how well Ill be able to do that since I'm old- school trying to pause the videos in pinpoint spots.

  16. #315
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Sunny Florida
    Posts
    146
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Frank Drebin View Post
    Grrr.. Why am I never able to view those attachments?! If we can place Michael Stefani next to this guy, that could sway me to believe this is Kevin W. but for now, I'm thinking its not. To me this kid does not look 30, but going by Kevin W's two pics, I think he would have definitely looked at least 30 at the time of the fire. And also, the kid in the still looks "dorkier". But, I will have to look into Michael Stefani. Don't know how well Ill be able to do that since I'm old- school trying to pause the videos in pinpoint spots.
    Hey there Lt. Frank- I've been having problems with the image attachments as well. So, I went back to give you a reference point in the video... in the Pre-Fire footage, start at about 2:28 where you see Tracy King's back as he walks through the crowd next to the bar. At 2:30, he stops and talks to someone- rewatching it, I actually think it's the same guy I think is Kevin- you can get a small profile of the guy, he's got long hair and looks to be wearing a blue shirt of some sort. The guy who I think is Mike is on the left (with the glasses and black t-shirt). The camera then pans to the happy dude who wants to be filmed and gives a cheesy smile to the camera, and then it goes back to "Mike"... at that point is when "Kevin" flashes the goofy face at the camera.

    Seeing now that the guy with the long hair (the one Tracy stops and talks to) is the same guy who I think is Kevin, he looks older than the screenshot I was able to get. His hair is a lot longer than I thought Kevin's was, but every description of Kevin Washburn states he had "long hair".

    Check that out, I'd love to hear your thoughts!

    -Amanda

  17. #316
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,327
    I think that so many of us are fascinated by this tragedy is because they were everyday people, just like us. I kind of felt as if I got to know them through the pre-fire video and various books. They became old friends. Some of us have actually made friends with some of the survivors. I am facebook friendly with Gina Gauvin, but I do not talk about the fire with her. She is a breeder of bearded dragons and I became an adoptive parent of a baby beardie. Gina was on some bearded dragon forums. She was very nice and helpful to me. As I said, I don't talk with her about the fire, but if she does happen to post something about it on her facebook page, I just wish her well. I just want to acknowledge that I am thinking positive thoughts about her, but not dwell on it. And.......I continue to ask lots of questions about bearded dragons because she is an awesome source
    The reason a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail instead of his tongue.

  18. #317
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    678
    Hi, Im new in this forum, im also from Norway, so sorry for my bad writing. I understand everything you say, but i have some problems to find the right words on my own, so Google translate will be my friend sometimes:-p

    I find out about the Station fire 2 years ago, when someone i follow on twitter posted a youtubelink in the feed. I had to pause the video 3 times before i could see the whole ting. And i have been thinking about it ever since. A couple a weeks ago i began too se the video again, and then i suddenly found another video, the 8 minute long video before the concert.. Damn... I really wanted to know what happend to most of them, but i didnt know where to start looking. So i gave it up a little bit, and just watched all i could find on youtube. One video i read the comment, and someone say Ty Longley had went inside again, and i wanted to find out more about that, så i googled these word: Ty Longley went back in. And suddenly i found this forum:-D

    Omg.. I have spent the last 3 days to read both threads, and now i have the information on all of the people i was wondering about. And i also know the truth about Ty, that he never went outside. Thank you so much for the good job you all have done to id people.

    I also ordered the three books you're talking about, Gina Russo`s, Killer show, and the night when music ends. Expecting to get those in my mailbox in about two weeks, and i cant wait to read them.

    But i have some quiestions:

    1. I have seen the 13 minuetes video over and over again, and i still cant see that Butler is kicking in a window.. Is he Lying?
    2. Someone in the tread say that they could see in the video that Jack Russel was helping people.. Where? The only one from the band i can see is Bichel with the fire hose, and the zombieguy..

    Thats all:-) But i have too say, i love that i found this forum. I always had an interest to reading about tragedies and surviving storyes, I've always thought that im not normal:-p So its nice to find people like me:-)

    Cathrine :-)

  19. #318
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    678
    Ty Longley had so much talent :-/ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rm8oV1TLoQ

  20. #319
    Lyrica,

    Welcome! I too have asked about Brian Butler supposedly kicking in a window (probably one page back). Go back to page 6 and find where I questioned this and the subsequent answers. Basically, where BB kicks in a window is right after that woman yells "where's my husband" the 2nd time. It does appear that BB pauses in front of a window for a short time, although you never see the actual kickin-in of the window on camera.

  21. #320
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    678
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Frank Drebin View Post
    Lyrica,

    Welcome! I too have asked about Brian Butler supposedly kicking in a window (probably one page back). Go back to page 6 and find where I questioned this and the subsequent answers. Basically, where BB kicks in a window is right after that woman yells "where's my husband" the 2nd time. It does appear that BB pauses in front of a window for a short time, although you never see the actual kickin-in of the window on camera.
    Okay, thanks:-) think I must watch the video again, and following more attentively on it

  22. #321
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Tulsa, OK
    Posts
    215
    Quote Originally Posted by CommanderAmander View Post
    I caught another possible ID, someone who looks like Kevin Washburn in the pre-show video. It happens so quick, it was hard to catch, but I managed to get a decent screenshot:

    Here's the only pic I could find of him:Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kevin-washburn__1361314619_3662-1.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	13.2 KB 
ID:	52169
    The hair, hairline, eyebrows, and definitely the nose are the same. And it's pretty crazy, he was once told by a medium he wouldn't make it past his 30th birthday. He died 3 weeks before his 31st.

    What say you all?
    The 100 fatalities have photos grouped together on the Google drive under the Phase 4 Photographs folder. Kevin Washburn has 2 posted, here is the other next to your screenshot:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Washburn, Kevin.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	109.5 KB 
ID:	52177Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kevin Washburn possibly.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	16.6 KB 
ID:	52178

    It might be him in your screenshot, but it's hard to be sure. It's a good screenshot though, there aren't many with a face that clear.

  23. #322
    And here is a third pic. I watched that segment of the video a few times and from the side "Kevin" looks too old,
    but from the front, he looks too young. Almost looks like it's not the same guy. I don't know... I wish I knew what
    Michael Stefani looked like. It sounded like this "Kevin" guy says 'yeahhhh' just as BB's camera goes by.


  24. #323
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Sunny Florida
    Posts
    146
    Dionyzus- thanks for the tip, I've somehow missed those in my poring through the Drive folders.

    Seeing the pic of him with long hair, I think even more now that it could be him:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KWashburnProfile.png 
Views:	39 
Size:	268.1 KB 
ID:	52179Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Washburn, Kevin.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	109.5 KB 
ID:	52180
    Notice the hairline... it goes up in the same spot. Also, the smile/teeth:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KWashburnProfile2.png 
Views:	33 
Size:	257.1 KB 
ID:	52181

    Man... I wish there was a way to know for sure. And Lt. Frank- I heard that too, the angle the "Yeaahhh!" was coming from seems about right...
    Last edited by CommanderAmander; 01-05-2015 at 08:06 PM. Reason: Grammar AGAIN!

  25. #324
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Tulsa, OK
    Posts
    215
    I have another possible ID: the guy in the glasses and moustache from Amander's screen capture looks a lot like fatality William Cartwright:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cartwright, William.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	10.3 KB 
ID:	52184Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Film me.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	41.6 KB 
ID:	52188

  26. 01-06-2015, 06:36 AM

  27. #325
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Sunny Florida
    Posts
    146
    Dionyzus- great catch! That does look a LOT like William Cartwright. Lt. Frank- I'm going to go back and re-look at some things, and see if we can figure this out.

  28. #326
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    I’m in ur house eatin ur cheetoz
    Posts
    1,248
    Quote Originally Posted by dionyzus View Post
    I have another possible ID: the guy in the glasses and moustache from Amander's screen capture looks a lot like fatality William Cartwright:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cartwright, William.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	10.3 KB 
ID:	52184Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Film me.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	41.6 KB 
ID:	52188
    Or, Mr. Cartwright could be passing through the area.
    Last edited by Squishy; 01-06-2015 at 10:00 AM.

  29. #327
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    678
    Hi, one more question :-) Jonathan /Joe Brennan, Nicky`s friend, who survived... Have anybody read his story? Or a statement from him? I searching Google myself, but wondered if any of you had some links i could read

  30. #328
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Tulsa, OK
    Posts
    215
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyrica View Post
    Hi, one more question :-) Jonathan /Joe Brennan, Nicky`s friend, who survived... Have anybody read his story? Or a statement from him? I searching Google myself, but wondered if any of you had some links i could read
    Welcome Lyrica. There are Witness Statements by Brennan in both the Phase 3 and Phase 4 folders of the Google drive. Not much new information, although he and Nicky did meet several GW members/crew the night before the show when they were at the club to purchase tickets.

  31. #329
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    678
    Quote Originally Posted by dionyzus View Post
    Welcome Lyrica. There are Witness Statements by Brennan in both the Phase 3 and Phase 4 folders of the Google drive. Not much new information, although he and Nicky did meet several GW members/crew the night before the show when they were at the club to purchase tickets.
    Thank you :-)

  32. #330
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,076
    Quote Originally Posted by CommanderAmander View Post
    LLC, thanks for the info. I've read through most of the original thread, but it's been a while so I know I've missed some things.

    It would be awesome if we could recreate an ID list from the video again. I caught another possible ID, someone who looks like Kevin Washburn in the pre-show video. It happens so quick, it was hard to catch, but I managed to get a decent screenshot:
    Name:  Kevin Washburn.jpg
Views: 438
Size:  31.5 KB

    Here's the only pic I could find of him:Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kevin-washburn__1361314619_3662-1.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	13.2 KB 
ID:	52169
    The hair, hairline, eyebrows, and definitely the nose are the same. And it's pretty crazy, he was once told by a medium he wouldn't make it past his 30th birthday. He died 3 weeks before his 31st.

    What say you all?
    I think it is a good catch. I think the William Cartwright ID is spot on also. I mean we can only guess but I think they are pretty good ID's.

    I've been keeping my mouth shut because when people start ID'ing on this thread, people start arguing, but I'm going to stick my neck out on these. My thoughts and a $1.50 might get you a cup of coffee.

    Oh and Scott V. is a prick.

  33. #331
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Sunny Florida
    Posts
    146
    Quote Originally Posted by SheeBee View Post
    I think it is a good catch. I think the William Cartwright ID is spot on also. I mean we can only guess but I think they are pretty good ID's.

    I've been keeping my mouth shut because when people start ID'ing on this thread, people start arguing, but I'm going to stick my neck out on these. My thoughts and a $1.50 might get you a cup of coffee.

    Oh and Scott V. is a prick.
    Thanks SheeBee! I agree, it's obviously impossible to know for sure, but whatever we can pretty much pin down is progress in my book.

    I went back through the list of all the patrons in the club that night, and wrote down all those who lived in Pawtucket (same as William Cartwright) in the off chance that the friend he went with lived in the same town as him. No one in Pawtucket matched up, so I then looked at those who lived near there... Attleboro MA, N. Providence, E. Providence and Seekonk, MA. None of those matched, as they all either went alone or named others they had gone with. I'm going to continue reading through the witness statements again, hopefully we can match Mr. Cartwright with the person he was with that night.

    And I agree about Scott V... every time I look at the photos of him standing next to the explosives box, with his wife RIGHT THERE, I can't help but wonder how he made it out unscathed (and "rescued" several people to boot!) while Kelly died in the fire. The stage door was so close... where did she go??

  34. 01-07-2015, 07:02 AM

  35. #332
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    2,375
    We can all relax now. Lt Frank Drebin is on the case which means it will get solved to 100% accuracy.

  36. #333
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    678
    I found a video with Tracy King. He seemed like a very kind guy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owCP6ypc5Sw

  37. #334
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Sunny Florida
    Posts
    146
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyrica View Post
    I found a video with Tracy King. He seemed like a very kind guy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owCP6ypc5Sw
    Lyrica, Tracy King did seem like a great guy... It was nice to not only see how talented he was, but also how friendly and warm he was. One thing struck me while watching that, and it was: this was a man who clearly knew his body well and his physical limitations. And, he was a BIG guy. I know there has been mention somewhere that he was credited for saving some peoples' lives that night, and that's the only reason I could come up with as to why he didn't get out- he was helping people.

  38. #335
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    678
    Quote Originally Posted by CommanderAmander View Post
    Lyrica, Tracy King did seem like a great guy... It was nice to not only see how talented he was, but also how friendly and warm he was. One thing struck me while watching that, and it was: this was a man who clearly knew his body well and his physical limitations. And, he was a BIG guy. I know there has been mention somewhere that he was credited for saving some peoples' lives that night, and that's the only reason I could come up with as to why he didn't get out- he was helping people.

    Sharing the same thought as you. I have a theory on what might have happened to him: He began to help people out, and was so full of adrenaline that he did`nt registered that the body could not bear more. And finally, he died to inhale all the smoke

  39. #336
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Sunny Florida
    Posts
    146
    Quote Originally Posted by StewartGilliganGriffin View Post
    We can all relax now. Lt Frank Drebin is on the case which means it will get solved to 100% accuracy.
    Not sure what this is about, but it doesn't sound very nice.

    Anyway, where did everybody go? Am I the only one obsessing lately?

  40. #337
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,670
    Quote Originally Posted by CommanderAmander View Post
    See we can match Mr. Cartwright with the person he was with that night.
    Kelly died in the fire. The stage door was so close... where did she go??
    Cartwright got a ticket from a friend at the last minute.

    Kelly used the front door.

    Quote Originally Posted by CommanderAmander View Post

    Anyway, where did everybody go? Am I the only one obsessing lately?
    Most of the recent posts have been discussed and/or documented many times throughout the last thread hence little input from the regulars.

  41. #338
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Tulsa, OK
    Posts
    215
    Quote Originally Posted by CommanderAmander View Post

    Quote Originally Posted by StewartGilliganGriffin View Post
    We can all relax now. Lt Frank Drebin is on the case which means it will get solved to 100% accuracy.
    Not sure what this is about, but it doesn't sound very nice.

    Anyway, where did everybody go? Am I the only one obsessing lately?
    Amander, I figured it was a Police Squad / Naked Gun reference. I used to love those shows/movies, especially Police Squad!

    Our forum tends to go through cycles. We've been a little quiet lately, but I've seen it quieter..
    Last edited by dionyzus; 01-08-2015 at 08:43 PM.

  42. #339
    Yes, my FAD forum name is in reference to the Police Squad / Naked Gun movies. One of my favorite TV personalities. It was either this or Lt. Jim Dangle.. Not sure how to take Stewart's comment, but whatever. Most of those on this and the previous thread have done wayyyy much more work than me and I am thankful for that. I came here seeking information and also maybe to offer some help. I don't claim to know it all.

    Lyrica, That's most likely what happened to Tracy King. He was probably one of those found inside the front bar window. He didn't die suffering, but just "passed out", probably by oxygen deprivation / toxic fume inhalation while pumped up on adrenaline. He did seem like a very nice guy.
    Last edited by Lt. Frank Drebin; 01-08-2015 at 09:20 PM.

  43. #340
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    2,375
    My Frank Drebin comment was just a Naked Gun joke. Nothing at all personal about the poster himself.

  44. #341
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Sunny Florida
    Posts
    146
    Quote Originally Posted by StewartGilliganGriffin View Post
    My Frank Drebin comment was just a Naked Gun joke. Nothing at all personal about the poster himself.
    Ok, I apologize for thinking it was something negative, I guess I should go back and watch Naked Gun... Lol

  45. #342
    No problem, Stewart. I figured your comment was in reference to the movies but wasn't totally sure because not too many people know those movies.

    Amanda, just YouTube 'Frank Drebin'. No need to watch the movies, unless you like dry dumb humor.

    Someone brought up a good question- does anyone here have a personal connection or any kind of connection to the Station fire? I know there was a regular poster a little while back whose profile pic was a black Mustang who was a Station employee.

    Another question- Victims Derek Gray and Eugene Avilez were at the club with their friend named Scott Dunbar. Has he been identified? Not sure if that's him up by the stage to the left of DG.

  46. #343
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Sunny Florida
    Posts
    146
    Lt. Frank- I found Scott Dunbar's Facebook page.

    I always assumed the guy on Derek Gray's left was Eugene Avilez, with the long black hair, but who knows what Scott Dunbar looked like 12 years ago...

    P.S.- I love dry, dumb humor!
    Last edited by CommanderAmander; 01-10-2015 at 12:27 PM.

  47. #344
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Sunny Florida
    Posts
    146
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyrica View Post
    Sharing the same thought as you. I have a theory on what might have happened to him: He began to help people out, and was so full of adrenaline that he did`nt registered that the body could not bear more. And finally, he died to inhale all the smoke
    Sorry Lyrica, I just saw your reply. That sounds about right... so sad.

  48. #345
    Quote Originally Posted by CommanderAmander View Post
    Lt. Frank- I found Scott Dunbar's Facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/scottdunbar?fref=ts

    I always assumed the guy on Derek Gray's left was Eugene Avilez, with the long black hair, but who knows what Scott Dunbar looked like 12 years ago...

    P.S.- I love dry, dumb humor!
    To Derek Gray's right and slightly in front of him; right up at the stage. But let me check to see if that might be him.

    If you love dry, dumb humor, you might like Naked Gun. I love those movies, as well as Reno 911.

  49. #346
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    678
    Quote Originally Posted by CommanderAmander View Post
    Sorry Lyrica, I just saw your reply. That sounds about right... so sad.

    The comment has been moderated, therefore you have`nt seen it before now. But now i have finaly reached the magic number 10;-)

    Yes... It`s very sad.. I dont know why, but i just cant stop thinking about all of them

  50. #347
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Sunny Florida
    Posts
    146
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Frank Drebin View Post
    To Derek Gray's right and slightly in front of him; right up at the stage. But let me check to see if that might be him.

    If you love dry, dumb humor, you might like Naked Gun. I love those movies, as well as Reno 911.
    Yup, that's Scott Dunbar:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SDunbar.png 
Views:	39 
Size:	525.9 KB 
ID:	52211

    I've always wondered, is the blonde woman next to him Sara Teglarski?

    Lt. Frank- I'm a fan of Reno 911 as well. Also, Super Troopers.

  51. #348
    Thanks for confirming the ID on Scott Dunbar. That woman next to him is a Conant sister. The two Conant sisters are standing next to each other in front of the stage. I believe both of the sisters escaped out the stage exit. You can see the other sister in a pic in the book going out the door. Somehow, they were "with the band".

    i forgot about Super Troopers. Good movie. Gotta love Reno 911 though.

  52. #349
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Sunny Florida
    Posts
    146
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Frank Drebin View Post
    Thanks for confirming the ID on Scott Dunbar. That woman next to him is a Conant sister. The two Conant sisters are standing next to each other in front of the stage. I believe both of the sisters escaped out the stage exit. You can see the other sister in a pic in the book going out the door. Somehow, they were "with the band".

    i forgot about Super Troopers. Good movie. Gotta love Reno 911 though.
    Thanks for that info, I've read a lot that Sara Telgarksy was seen right at the front of the stage, dancing in the video... I can't find her though. The girl you can see with the red shirt leaning forward with Eugene Alvarez(?) standing directly behind her is seen walking around outside afterward. But then again, I don't remember Eugene brought a girl with him though?

    I've been re-reading the original thread, looking for ID's, and I'm going to start keeping track. I'd love to compile a decent list and have it added to the Google drive for reference. Obviously, it's strictly opinion as far as who's who, but it would nice for us to reference back to when need be.

    Another thing... I just watched the "Get Out Alive- Burning High Rise" video for the first time: https://drive.google.com/folderview?...09fMVhZMVROQUk

    Jeffrey Dederian should have to watch that piece, as well as the "Burning Beds" clip, at least once a month, for the rest of his life. Just sayin'.

  53. #350
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Tulsa, OK
    Posts
    215
    Quote Originally Posted by CommanderAmander View Post
    Thanks for that info, I've read a lot that Sara Telgarksy was seen right at the front of the stage, dancing in the video... I can't find her though. The girl you can see with the red shirt leaning forward with Eugene Alvarez(?) standing directly behind her is seen walking around outside afterward. But then again, I don't remember Eugene brought a girl with him though?
    I've attached a picture to show where I think Sarah Telgarsky was in the video. I pasted her normal photo beside it for comparison. Note that the screen capture of her is rather blurry, but watching the video in real time it looks a lot like her, and she is dancing around as described.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Telgarsky possible.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	65.8 KB 
ID:	52214

    As for the girl in the red shirt from the preshow video, we debated about her a lot in the first thread. We had some possible IDs but I don't think we IDed her for sure. It's possible the girl outside is the same woman; if it's the one I'm seeing, she ended up bloodying her arms getting out!
    Last edited by dionyzus; 01-09-2015 at 06:18 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •