Page 10 of 43 FirstFirst ... 8910111219 ... LastLast

Thread: Station Nightclub fire in West Warwick, Rhode Island 2

Quote Originally Posted by RodentLady View Post
    The "Projo List of 462" contains four more names than the official list from the Attorney General's data dump. One of those, Michael Shapiro, was a member of the band Trip. He was right outside the club in the tour bus when the fire broke out. The other three people are Theresa O'Toole, Robert Stephens and Michael Henry Turek. I have found no mention of them anywhere else. They have no witness statements,
    Aha! I found Robert Stephens and Theresa O'Toole. Stephens had a witness statement in the third set of statements. He went to the site to film the fire with Greg Best. Best's video captured someone being wheeled out on a stretcher after 12:15 am who still had his hair and facial features.
    Teresa O'Toole is the same person as Theresa King-O'Toole. Projo's list has her as "Teresa" with no H, and it lists her under the O's. The Attornery General's list has her as "Theresa" and she in the K's. I read her statement and she writes her own name as "Theresa O'Toole" several times, never calling herself King-O'Toole. She is/was the wife of Todd King, so there is only one of her.

That meant I had missed one more discrepancy between the two lists. Projo has someone called Jason Rookie. Hmm.

Was Catherine Sagesta the poor woman seen running outside on fire in the video?
    The reason a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail instead of his tongue.

I might have an updated version of the Pro Jo list. It has Lisa Scott listed as 'died, so it's from at least six months after the fire. It also has Jason Nadeau listed as Jason Rookie Nadeau.I have read that the person you see emerging from the building on fire is Catherine Sagesta, but I think it's just speculation based on who the last person out was. And how likely is it that that would be seen in the video?

Quote Originally Posted by MA hole View Post
    I found this today, it's a juror questionnaire with what looks like a pretty exhaustive list of the attendees that night as well as list of what I'm guessing is relatives of the deceased? I'm at work so I can't cross check with the witness list on the shared docs.

It says it's for the trial against Michael Derdarian. This thing is so thorough, it must have been really difficult to find jurors for any of these proceedings in a state as insular as RI. http://cdn2.hubspot.net/hub/79400/do...=1418834105563
    This jury questionnaire is another very interesting find, thanks MA hole. I'm glad these type of documents keep turning up. So that we can collect all these documents in one place, I have also uploaded this document to the Google Drive under the Contents Not From Original Hard Drive folder.

As for the speculation about the person on fire running from the main door in the Butler video, I don't think that is Catherine Sagesta. In her second witness statement she says she was stuck in the front door pileup, probably toward the back of it, after crawling over people toward the front door. I get the impression that the person on fire was either the last rescuer to give up and leave that area, or someone from the very front of the pileup who managed to wriggle free. Also FWIW, there was speculation in the first thread that it was a man, and that some people helped put out the flames after he got down the ramp.

Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Frank Drebin View Post
    I might have an updated version of the Pro Jo list. It has Lisa Scott listed as 'died, so it's from at least six months after the fire. It also has Jason Nadeau listed as Jason Rookie Nadeau.
    Thank you for solving the Jason issue. You're right, I was looking at my old printout of an earlier version of the list. It is time to print the latest one. I will do that today.

Is this the most recent anyone has found? It's from December 2007:

http://res.providencejournal.com/her..._listof462.htm

And here is the accompanying article explaining how the Journal arrived at that number:

http://res.providencejournal.com/her...5.2a82be5.html

tralrtrsh4evr Guest
    Anyone know of any survivor deaths since 2/20/2003? I came up with four -- Lisa Scott (fall down stairs 8/03), Catherine Sagesta (cancer 2/08), Ronald S. Schoepfer (heart attack 8/09), and Jon W. Alberghini Jr. (car accident 2012).[/QUOTE]

http://obits.columbian.com/obituarie...&pid=141673509

Jason Williams from the band "TRIP" that opened for Great White

Quote Originally Posted by Noelle1966 View Post
    Was Catherine Sagesta the poor woman seen running outside on fire in the video?
    I am looking for confirmation, but I think it was a man.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

I enjoyed this http://www.boston.com/news/local/mas...gxK/story.html

"There will be no digging on the land under where the club once stood because of the fear of disturbing human remains." http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...rsary/1926737/
    Last edited by Miho; 02-17-2015 at 01:50 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

12 years since the fire today. R.I.P to the 100 Angels <3

sasketoon Guest
    Thinking of all the victims, survivors and families touched by this today on the 12th anniversary. I know someone who was there the night of the fire so I've always been interested in the case. I finally made it through the first thread here and am almost done with Killer Show and I have to say, the work you have all done is amazing and at some point I'll catch up in this second thread.

Yes, today is the anniversary. Thoughs and prayers to the 100 we lost, the survivors, and all the friends, family and loved ones affected.

I want to thank my sister and her husband for living. 12 years ago tonight, they walked out the front door.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	family1.JPG 
Views:	116 
Size:	77.9 KB 
ID:	52395Click image for larger version. 

Name:	family2.JPG 
Views:	119 
Size:	61.2 KB 
ID:	52396Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Family3.JPG 
Views:	105 
Size:	149.5 KB 
ID:	52397
    I'm sorry, John Barylick, but they are not hardscrabble bumpkins who "never set foot inside a college classroom." They both have Master's Degrees.

Happy 12th birthday to Adam, as well. I was amused at the way this grainy photo resembles my BIL.

Name:	amf15.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	72.8 KB 
ID:	52399

sasketoon Guest
    Sorry, double post!
    Last edited by sasketoon; 02-20-2015 at 12:05 PM.

Always remembering
    "When you help someone up a hill, you get that much closer to the top yourself."
    -Anonymous

Keeping all those who died, and all those affected by the Station fire tragedy in my heart and thoughts today, and everyday.

Remembering all touched by this event.

On a side note, I wanted to add that through much digging and a stoke of luck, I've identified this couple in the pre-fire video:

Name:	CCarignanRDelsanto.png 
Views:	602 
Size:	145.8 KB 
ID:	52400
    They are Richard Delsanto and Catherine Carignan. Although burned, they both made it out.

Remembering the 100 Angels on this day.

I have this frantic urge to leap back into the past and jerk everyone out of the building. Or grab the gerbs and hurl them out the back door. Maybe if I squeeze my eyes tight enough, I can will it. My heart breaks again because I know I cannot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Gonna watch the youtubevideo again today.. Dont know why, just need to. Maybe it's just my weird way to commemorate the victims. Thinking about thj960 today and wonder how it goes with him.

jaclynfett Guest
    Thinking of everyone.. 12 years

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderAmander View Post
    On a side note, I wanted to add that through much digging and a stoke of luck, I've identified this couple in the pre-fire video:

Name:	CCarignanRDelsanto.png 
Views:	602 
Size:	145.8 KB 
ID:	52400
    They are Richard Delsanto and Catherine Carignan. Although burned, they both made it out.

I'd have to say that undoubtedly, that is Richard Delsanto. Can't speak for Catherine Carignan since I don't know what she looks like and if she was there with RD. Excellent work, Amanda, on getting those two IDed.

and thank you tralrtrsh for coming up with another survivor who passed away. So that's at least seven (Jennifer Lee Stowers, Lisa Scott, Catherine Sagesta, Ronald Schoepfer, Jon W. Alberghini Jr, Gennaro Companatico, and Jason Williams).
    Last edited by Lt. Frank Drebin; 02-21-2015 at 05:53 PM.

I overheard several survivors talking about others they knew of that had been diagnosed with multiple myeloma since the fire - a result of inhaling toxic stuff

I'd have to say that undoubtedly, that is Richard Delsanto. Can't speak for Catherine Carignan since I don't know what she looks like and if she was there with RD. Excellent work, Amanda, on getting those two IDed.

and thank you tralrtrsh for coming up with another survivor who passed away. So that's at least seven (Jennifer Lee Stowers, Lisa Scott, Catherine Sagesta, Ronald Schoepfer, Jon W. Alberghini Jr, Gennaro Companatico, and Jason Williams).
    Thanks! I happened upon a Station fire thread on another website, and a guy had posted recently stating that he knew the girl in the pre-fire video with the off shoulder black shirt. So, I pm'd him, explained about our thread here, and asked if he'd be willing to tell me the girl's name. He wrote back a few weeks later (the other day) and told me he only knew the girl as "Cathy C.". So, I looked at the witness statements, found the only Cathy C., saw she was there with Richard Delsanto, and looked him up. It was a definite match.

I'm glad they both made it out ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Speck View Post
    I overheard several survivors talking about others they knew of that had been diagnosed with multiple myeloma since the fire - a result of inhaling toxic stuff
    I think so.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I have been fascinated with this sad tragic event since I happened upon the first thread a couple of years ago. I've tried to read everything I can about it and I admire everyone's hard work and research here to make sure that these guys and girls are not forgotten as the years passed. What other forums are there about I found another site called "documenting reality" but I can't get far because it is a paid site...

I found time to compare the AG's list of 458 people who were inside the club at the moment that the fire started with Providence Journal's December 2007 list of 462 who were inside and outside and unspecified and other. Here are the differences:

ProJo included Michael Shapiro, Robert Stephens and Michael Henry Turek. I've mentioned those three before. It also counted Richard Gould. The only Richard Gould in the witness statements is the Professor of Anthropology who oversaw the team combing the remains of the club for possessions. The fifth name was Charles Stepinski. In his first statement, the detective relaying his account said that Charles was outside putting his jacket in the car. A follow-up report several months later states that Charles had finished putting his jacket in the car and had just set foot back inside the club door when he saw the fire and exited right back out again.

The only person on the AG's list who is missing from ProJo's list is William E. Chappell of Westerly, RI.

Neither list has Elizabeth O'Connor. ProJo should have seen her witness statement by the time it released its last version of the list. I assume that the official list does not include her because it was released before she was discovered in 2006.
    Last edited by RodentLady; 02-27-2015 at 04:10 PM. Reason: Corrected my numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by bustakita View Post
    I have been fascinated with this sad tragic event since I happened upon the first thread a couple of years ago. I've tried to read everything I can about it and I admire everyone's hard work and research here to make sure that these guys and girls are not forgotten as the years passed. What other forums are there about I found another site called "documenting reality" but I can't get far because it is a paid site...
    Welcome, bustakita! I have a membership (from before it was necessary to pay) and I have 2 invitations I can give... if you want to pm me with your email address, I can send it your way.

I see 3 guests are here on this thread, don't be shy! We'd love to hear from you!

31. 02-26-2015, 06:51 PM
    Reason
    Disrupting thread with technical question.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/2013/02/1...ory.html#share
    I hope this link works. There are a few pics I have never seen before.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanwench View Post
    http://www.bostonglobe.com/2013/02/1...ory.html#share
    I hope this link works. There are a few pics I have never seen before.
    My heart broke when i saw the fireman in picture 20. His look says it all

Those were some intense photographs.
    The reason a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail instead of his tongue.

The more witness statements I read, the more it seems that about 500 people were in the vicinity at the time of the fire. Here are several more names:

Kathy Barber (sister of employee Joe Barber) and David Brayman had been at the club all night. They left for 15 minutes to buy some fast food. Upon returning to the parking lot, fire erupted. A day or two later, Brayman found the skin and nail from a degloved finger tip in the bed of his truck.

Shannon Cicerchia left about 5 minutes before the fire. She was the girlfriend of Keith Mancini, who died. A few minutes before the band took the stage, Jason Lund was called away by his wife, who thought she was in labour. Kimberly Seul was driving into the parking lot, intending to go inside and watch the show. She saw the fire and drove away.

Those photos were very painful to look at.. I know many people feel for the 100 Angels lost that day but I feel so bad for survivors, family members and friends. To lose someone you love, or to lose part of your body, mind and spirit in such a senseless tragedy has to be so incredibly hard. The owners of that club should have been hung and the fire inspector stoned to death. I wonder if the owners show their face in RI. I wonder if they contribute to the Station Fund. Have any of them ever apologized? How do they live with themselves?? I would love to know.

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderAmander View Post
    Thanks! I happened upon a Station fire thread on another website, and a guy had posted recently stating that he knew the girl in the pre-fire video with the off shoulder black shirt. So, I pm'd him, explained about our thread here, and asked if he'd be willing to tell me the girl's name. He wrote back a few weeks later (the other day) and told me he only knew the girl as "Cathy C.". So, I looked at the witness statements, found the only Cathy C., saw she was there with Richard Delsanto, and looked him up. It was a definite match.

I'm glad they both made it out ok.
    Just catching up on the thread.. great work Amander! I had wondered about that couple, I'm glad they survived. I'm surprised more people haven't come forward in their witness statements and such to say "that's me in the video, I was wearing such and such outfit." That's what I would have done I think.

Also good find on the Boston Globe pictures Alanwrench. You're right, some of those pictures look new, for this forum anyway, I certainly hadn't seen them.

Quote Originally Posted by Speck View Post
    I wonder if the owners show their face in RI. I wonder if they contribute to the Station Fund. Have any of them ever apologized? How do they live with themselves?? I would love to know.
    They started the Station Education Fund. http://www.stationeducationfund.org/index.html, promising a free college or University education to every child orphaned by the fire.
    I think both Derderians still live and work in Rhode Island. Their father died 3 or 4 years later from the sorrow. What I don't know is what ever happened to the middle lookalike brother, Robert. The rest of the family gathered for the brothers' sentencing, spending all day in court under the glare of the press cameras, listening to hours of anger, heartbreak and insults from victims' loved ones. I saw Jeffrey's wife, Michael's teenaged children, Michael's new wife and her daughters, younger stepbrother, David, their father, Archie, their stepmother, Karen. Robert was glaringly absent.

Sister of Linda Suffoletto has passed away. Sad that she never got to see the memorial park be finished. R.I.P Janet

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/pro...?pid=174267292

Thank you, RodentLady for those additional names. I'll have to add them to the list of survivors as those to ID.

Can anyone speak for that greatwhitekillerconcert list and why there are so many survivors listed that aren't on the ProJo list? It seems to be accurate with the description it gives of some of those associated with The Station, but this is the first time I'm seeing all the "new" survivors. There's got to be at least 30 new names.
    Last edited by Lt. Frank Drebin; 03-03-2015 at 08:16 PM.

This is a link to a six page feature story from The Providence Journal. The reporter reflects on the 10th anniversary of the fire.
    http://m.providencejournal.com/write...went-black.ece

This is a link to a six page feature story from The Providence Journal. The reporter reflects on the 10th anniversary of the fire.
    http://m.providencejournal.com/write...went-black.ece
    What a haunting article. I can almost hear the sounds and smell the smells the reporter describes. I don't think I'd seen this one before. Thanks for sharing it here!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

YW, Maryd. The reporter won an award for that feature.
    "What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's really all about?" Jimmy Buffett

YW, Maryd. The reporter won an award for that feature.
    The reporter's phone call to police dispatch that night, which she mentions in her article, is on the Google drive. Direct link here.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lri0JKvjjuE somewhat related..beginning of Sabrina nightclub fire...I immediately thought "station" when I saw it... 😱

Silly autcorect it's supposed to say "santik" niightclub fire

Thank you, RodentLady for those additional names. I'll have to add them to the list of survivors as those to ID.

Can anyone speak for that greatwhitekillerconcert list and why there are so many survivors listed that aren't on the ProJo list? It seems to be accurate with the description it gives of some of those associated with The Station, but this is the first time I'm seeing all the "new" survivors. There's got to be at least 30 new names.
    Thank YOU, Lt. Frank Drebin for all of your work! Do you have a current link to this Great White list? UPDATE: Never mind, I found it. I saw that page several weeks ago, but I dismissed it. This time I will pay attention!

Has anyone heard of Alicia Bragg? At the Derderians' sentencing, Judge Darigan stated that he received letters from a few survivors. One of them was Alicia Bragg. There are NO Alicias (or similar names) on the AG's list or ProJo's list.
    Last edited by RodentLady; 03-04-2015 at 04:13 PM.

People Magazine article about Station Fire

http://www.people.com/people/archive...139485,00.html

I hope the posting of the pictures that I submitted earlier did not cause trauma to any survivors who visit here at FAD. That said, this article features viewpoints from survivors, those who treated victims and some family members who lost loved ones in the fire.
    "What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's really all about?" Jimmy Buffett

Okay, I've had a second look at the 'greatwhitekillerconcert' list. About 70 of those names make absolutely no sense to me. I think the author got his wires crossed very badly. If most of the 70 were relevant to the SNF, I would have run across some of their names in other survivors' statements, in subpoenas, in lists of lawsuit plaintiffs, or in any of the hundreds of newpaper articles published over the years.
    I had a moment of levity when the author listed "Mark Patinkin" as a survivor who escaped. Mark Patinkin was a columnist with the Providence Journal for decades. He wrote quirkly lifestyle pieces, among other things. He's the cousin of actor Mandy Patinkin and probably the same age. He was NOT in any way, shape or form a clubgoer at The Station that night.

Hmm...

EJAK, this is woefully late in responding to your debut. Since you mentioned me by name in the posting, I feel honored to be among those who were singled out. Recently, I read an interview with Nick O'Neill's father. He claims that Nick let the family know that there was no pain when he died. I am guessing that he either asphyxiation or that his nerve endings were burned away.
    My username here comes from the fact that I am a female fan of Alan Rickman, hence Alan Wench.