Page 29 of 34 FirstFirst ... 202728293031 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,450 of 1693

Thread: Station Nightclub fire in West Warwick, Rhode Island 2

  1. #1401
    Thanks Billoween. I just so happened to be rewatching the victim impact statements and thought that while the judge was correct in what he had to say he kind of went about it wrong in his delivery, and was kind of rude to the victims regarding then making their statements.

  2. #1402
    Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    Don't forget there were very passionate people in the original thread, who stopped coming due to certain things going on in the old thread if you look back at the original thread Mammy, LLC, and a few others such as myself were actually identifying people and finding information.
    I was in the old thread and didn't recall the certain things going on that you speak of but I do appreciate learning all I can about this event. And appreciate learning about both the victims and survivors of this. I'm currently working on something involving firefighters so this reawakened my all ready zest for knowing all I can about this. This isn't just a story to me. This is history and people's lives we are talking about here.

    (Hope I fell within the post requirements about back to back posts Cindyt.)
    Last edited by bustakita; 05-23-2020 at 09:22 AM.

  3. #1403
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    San Diego CA
    Posts
    6,029
    Quote Originally Posted by bustakita View Post
    I was in the old thread and didn't recall the certain things going on that you speak of but I do appreciate learning all I can about this event. And appreciate learning about both the victims and survivors of this. I'm currently working on a project at work involving firefighters so this reawakened my all ready zest for knowing all I can about this. This isn't just a story to me. This is history and people's lives we are talking about here.

    (Hope I fell within the post requirements about back to back posts Cindyt.)
    Yes you are with the post requirements and just because you weren't aware of it it's because it was between certain people talking about it elsewhere and would talk to me about it. That is why you weren't aware of it.
    No More Stolen Sisters.

  4. #1404
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Canadia
    Posts
    255
    wow. this thread has been going for 13 years! i remember being super excited to see people talking about it, because i was really obsessed since that night. i guess it's been around 10 years ago that i first posted. wow. i hardly come to sites like this anymore because i'm addicted to reddit, but it's really nice to come back and over the last week i've read both threads over again! i wonder what happened to some of the members.. i know i spoke to LLC in pms, she gave me the link to watch 41. is she still around? okay?

    this second thread is pretty amazing now that dionyzus has downloaded so much information on the google drive, and others have contributed to the 'contents not from original file' folder. some of you guys and girls have amazing facial recognition. hopefully one day we will be able to get the clearest video yet! i'm hoping the new movie that is supposed to be coming out in july (probably won't now that the world is all messed up), there will be more information about survivors and if they were on the videotape.

    a couple of things i wanted to say. i know everyone always talks about particular people (and i have even more now that i've reread everything and learned so much more about those who passed). i've always wanted to find stacie angers in the video. i know her family claimed they saw her on the video, and unless they mistook her for someone else, she's there somewhere and i really wish i could find her. her story is especially sad since her finace commited suicide most likely because of her death. so fricking sad. also i was interested in the surviving staff and was googling them, and i can't find anything on irina gershelis. i did find information that stated she died in 2011 from some ancestory site. born 1975-died 2011. wouldn't we have known this though? i mean with so many people who have connections and have read updates? 2011 was a long time ago! its making me crazy to think she might be gone. is there anyone who can show me she's still alive? after reading both threads i never saw this mentioned.

    thank you all for keeping this thread alive! it's amazing and the stories i've read in the last week, pictures, identifications... just amazing!

  5. #1405
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Sunny Florida
    Posts
    131
    Quote Originally Posted by bustakita View Post
    please forgive me in advance but I've been on both threads for years and I have one question. did we ever id the brunette and blonde ladies with the jovial smiling guy sitting at the bar. the blonde throws up a piece sign and dances a little dance. this is in the pre-fire video
    Hi bustakita! I don't remember who the blonde lady was, but the brunette was Catherine Sagesta (who has since passed away) and I believe the guy was Catherine's date John? (his name is escaping me at the moment).

  6. #1406
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,294
    Hi - I found an older article that may help -https://www.southcoasttoday.com/article/20040220/news/302209998
    The reason a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail instead of his tongue.

  7. #1407
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    City of Angels
    Posts
    148
    Thanks, Lush! Here's what a quick search on Irina Gershelis yielded for me:
    https://www.myheritage.com/names/irina_gershelis

    https://ancestors.familysearch.org/e...elis-1975-2011

    "RHONE, IRINA was born 19 October 1975, received Social Security number 086-62-5460 (indicating New York) and, Death Master File says, died 13 October 2011
    Check the source file (free) and then check Archives for IRINA RHONE."

  8. #1408
    I don't know if this was previously mentioned in either thread 1 or 2 but Michael Ricardi wrote a book that talks about his friend Jim, their college years and their college radio station they created over their love of 80s rock, and the tragic night they were at the Station and Jim died. I will be getting this on my Kindle in the next week. It has great reviews. The title is " Just A Thought Away: A true story of friendship, tragedy, and the will to carry on, as told by a Station nightclub survivor." By Mr. Michael Ricardi.

  9. #1409
    Quote Originally Posted by CommanderAmander View Post
    Hi bustakita! I don't remember who the blonde lady was, but the brunette was Catherine Sagesta (who has since passed away) and I believe the guy was Catherine's date John? (his name is escaping me at the moment).
    I confirmed going back some and from another poster that it is John Van Deusen...and I looked at his pics after the fire and the before the fire video and he looks the same facially. I'm not good with names but I am with faces!!!
    Edited for proper spelling
    Last edited by bustakita; 05-22-2020 at 05:44 PM.

  10. #1410
    That's a survivor death that went under my radar. I try to keep up with survivor deaths. For a while, I was checking her kids' FB pages to see if any mention of mom was made, but it seems they discontinued their FB accounts. Wonder what she died of?

    That trio at a bar - the middle woman looks like Catherine Sagesta, which would make the guy John Van Deusen. I've heard someone say that the middle woman is Kristen McQuarrie (D), but then the guy would be Matthew Dussault. I was unable to track-down a pic of Matthew Dussault, but to me, that does not look like Kristen McQuarrie; that's Catherine Sagesta. Don't know who the blonde is on the left.
    Last edited by Lt. Frank Drebin; 05-21-2020 at 10:16 PM.

  11. #1411
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Sunny Florida
    Posts
    131
    Quote Originally Posted by bustakita View Post
    I don't know if this was previously mentioned in either thread 1 or 2 but Michael Ricardi wrote a book that talks about his friend Jim, their college years and their college radio station they created over their love of 80s rock, and the tragic night they were at the Station and Jim died. I will be getting this on my Kindle in the next week. It has great reviews. The title is " Just A Thought Away: A true story of friendship, tragedy, and the will to carry on, as told by a Station nightclub survivor." By Mr. Michael Ricardi.
    Yes he did, it's a great book! And he's a really nice guy.

  12. #1412
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Ridgefield, CT
    Posts
    174
    bustakita - Howdy again.....speaking of firefighters, have you ever checked out Firehouse.com?


    Lush - Yeah, I wonder about LLC as well. It's bothersome, because she had talked freely, here, about her ongoing health issues.

    I had a conversation with Stacie Angers' very sweet parents in May of 2018. We talked about her interest in detective work (she was an assistant to a P.I. in Worcester, MA.) Her obit mentioned that she was known, amongst her friends, for always having her camera with her. Wonder if she had it the night of the fire?

    Anyway, Stacie's folks right away brought up the suicide of Stacie's fiancee, Michael Wunschel. And even repeated the awful method: he tied weights to his body and threw himself in a pond in April of 2004. But they seemed calm and accepting like they'd processed all the tragedy over the 15 years, and I wonder if it helped that they also had 2 sons. They did ask me for the name of the book by Barylick, and that felt awkward for a second, you know, when you have to say "Killer Show"--which always sounds bad, so I immediately explained where the title came from.


    Amanda - have thought about you--how's the work at the hospital going? A little later I want to tell you why I think that is Matthew Dussault and NOT John Van Deusen. (Spoiler: it's all about the camera we see in Dussault's hand in the pre-show--check it out. Now read Matt Dussault's witness report.)


    Lt. Frank - Are you better able to find all the witness reports now so that you can match photos with people's actions and locations as well?

  13. #1413
    I love the Pinterest album @billoween

    @Lt. Frank Durbin is your signature related to TNG...?

    @Commander - I sure am!!! Due to confidentiality I can't say much here but it's fire related and once again I got sucked into SNF...I just showed my hubby the pic of Jeff Radar and he was at a loss for words...he asked if he survived and sadly I had to tell him know...he was shocked just seeing him calmly standing there with the cig and drink...


    *Edited to add
    Last edited by bustakita; 06-04-2020 at 06:57 AM.

  14. #1414
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    8
    I finally found the original hi-def 20:39 video uncut.
    It was the first version that hasn't been available online since 2013.
    Since its removal the crappy compressed 12 min video is everywhere. Then theres the even more filtered video with the captions on it i assume was used for a training video.
    The original almost 21 minute video starts with the crowd partying and talking to Brian.
    The first 6 min. Then where all the 12 min videos cut off where Brian places the camera down in the parking lot to talk to a fireman the original uncut unedited he picks it back up and continues to get more footage. If anyone is interested lmk.

  15. #1415
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Tulsa, OK
    Posts
    210
    Quote Originally Posted by TheIrishman View Post
    I finally found the original hi-def 20:39 video uncut.
    It was the first version that hasn't been available online since 2013.
    Since its removal the crappy compressed 12 min video is everywhere. Then theres the even more filtered video with the captions on it i assume was used for a training video.
    The original almost 21 minute video starts with the crowd partying and talking to Brian.
    The first 6 min. Then where all the 12 min videos cut off where Brian places the camera down in the parking lot to talk to a fireman the original uncut unedited he picks it back up and continues to get more footage. If anyone is interested lmk.
    Hell yes we're interested! Please post the link. Or if it's not online, pm me and we can figure out how to get it posted. Thanks!

  16. #1416
    I am interested.

  17. #1417
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    8

    The Butler video that the tv station long removed.

    Quote Originally Posted by dionyzus View Post
    Hell yes we're interested! Please post the link. Or if it's not online, pm me and we can figure out how to get it posted. Thanks!
    Here it is. The Butler video in its entirety. The final 9 minutes have been missing from the internet the last 7 yrs.

    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1F...w?usp=drivesdk

  18. #1418
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Tulsa, OK
    Posts
    210
    Quote Originally Posted by TheIrishman View Post
    Here it is. The Butler video in its entirety. The final 9 minutes have been missing from the internet the last 7 yrs.
    Thanks Irishman, but this isn't new to us. Although it is the full 20 minute video, it is pretty low quality. I appreciate the effort though! We need to keep looking for the original hi-res version of the full Butler video.

    Here is the same file that's been on my Google Drive which has been shared in this group before:

    https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...TQ?usp=sharing

  19. #1419
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    8
    Oh i see what you mean. You mean the version that the news uses every year during the anniversary. That one looks like it was filmed yesterday.

  20. #1420
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    8
    The 20 min version i found is still a rarity. Haven't seen online posted in 7 yrs.

  21. #1421
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Ridgefield, CT
    Posts
    174
    Lush - Good work on unearthing the info on the unfortunate death of shot-girl Irina Gershelis. Nobody here knew.

    RodentLady - Nice pouncing on that info. Geez...4 different husbands...4 kids from 3 of those spouses...and we know that her boyfriend on 2-20-03 was the brave rescuer, Joe Barber. And she was all of 36 years old. Remember how Irina was the last person to see and talk with Dina DeMaio?



    Okay, here's why I'm still calling the trio standing at the skinny counter alongside the soundboard (R to L) Matt Dussault, Kristen McQuarrie (D), and Linda Suffoletto (D):

    >Matt Dussault and Kristen McQuarrie (D)
    Dussault said he was with his girlfriend, Kristen McQuarrie, and that she'd taken a series of pre-GW photos with her 35 mm Nikon One-Touch Zoom Camera. In BB's pre-show we see him holding what appears to be that camera. He said he grabbed the camera before finally fleeing to the kitchen door. He said that McQuarrie had been right behind him but that she didn't make it out. He may be the man that Chris Stewart, of the Warwick Police, noted who was shouting obscenities about losing his girlfriend--and eventually got a ride home with his mother. Kristen's car was still in the parking lot.

    Some weeks after the fire, Dussault turned the camera and its contents over to the police. You can see all 11 photos on Drive: MDKM.jpg -OR- (c)03-366-PR. Some look like they were taken from a vantage point very much like McQuarrie's at the soundboard.

    The memorialized photo of McQuarrie was possibly a high school graduation photo. But she was 20 years older at the time of the fire.


    >Linda Suffoletto
    I agree that the pre-show Linda doesn't bare a strong resemblance to her "standard" photo. Her looks, including her use of make-up may have changed since the early shot was taken. She strongly resembles a photo of one of her sisters, Janet--especially in the eyes and in her expression when she does her little dance.

    There's also a more recent photo of her and Ben from their New England Van Council days. (They were vanning enthusiasts, apparently. Google "Starlite Truckers, Ltd.") That one looks right on, to my eye. Check out Ben, too, and compare it to his standard photo.

  22. #1422
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Canadia
    Posts
    255
    Quote Originally Posted by RodentLady View Post
    Thanks, Lush! Here's what a quick search on Irina Gershelis yielded for me:
    https://www.myheritage.com/names/irina_gershelis

    https://ancestors.familysearch.org/e...elis-1975-2011

    "RHONE, IRINA was born 19 October 1975, received Social Security number 086-62-5460 (indicating New York) and, Death Master File says, died 13 October 2011
    Check the source file (free) and then check Archives for IRINA RHONE."
    Thats the only thing i could really find too! I also found a list of tenants at a certain address in west warwick, and they had her listed on there as deceased too.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Frank Drebin View Post
    That's a survivor death that went under my radar. I try to keep up with survivor deaths. For a while, I was checking her kids' FB pages to see if any mention of mom was made, but it seems they discontinued their FB accounts. Wonder what she died of?
    She was so young! I thought maybe cancer from the smoke, but she got out quite early so probably didn't have any damage in her lungs. I'm going to try harder to figure it out.

    Quote Originally Posted by billoween View Post

    Lush - Yeah, I wonder about LLC as well. It's bothersome, because she had talked freely, here, about her ongoing health issues.

    I had a conversation with Stacie Angers' very sweet parents in May of 2018. We talked about her interest in detective work (she was an assistant to a P.I. in Worcester, MA.) Her obit mentioned that she was known, amongst her friends, for always having her camera with her. Wonder if she had it the night of the fire?

    Anyway, Stacie's folks right away brought up the suicide of Stacie's fiancee, Michael Wunschel. And even repeated the awful method: he tied weights to his body and threw himself in a pond in April of 2004. But they seemed calm and accepting like they'd processed all the tragedy over the 15 years, and I wonder if it helped that they also had 2 sons. They did ask me for the name of the book by Barylick, and that felt awkward for a second, you know, when you have to say "Killer Show"--which always sounds bad, so I immediately explained where the title came from.
    OH wow! I remember kind of hearing about how he passed, that is particularly tragic, yet a bit romantic. She died in fire and he died in water. Almost poetic, although I still wish they were both alive. I wonder how many people had cameras. Can you imagine if smartphones existed in 2003? How many people could record the scene and even if their phones were destroyed they still may have had their video end up on the cloud.

    Quote Originally Posted by billoween View Post
    Lush - Good work on unearthing the info on the unfortunate death of shot-girl Irina Gershelis. Nobody here knew.

    RodentLady - Nice pouncing on that info. Geez...4 different husbands...4 kids from 3 of those spouses...and we know that her boyfriend on 2-20-03 was the brave rescuer, Joe Barber. And she was all of 36 years old. Remember how Irina was the last person to see and talk with Dina DeMaio?
    It's like we knew she survived so didn't really follow her, as we knew she had gotten out safely and it's natural to assume because of how young she was, that she would still be allive. Seems like she may have had a bit of a 'rough' life.

    Thanks to all for your replies! I'm going to look for more info. I read both threads to see if it was mentioned first, then I figured if anyone could answer my question it would be you guys, because you are dedicated and knowledgeable.

    Lush

    eta: Jay Gates, the Rod Stewart impersonator is now doing Barry Manilow impersonations~!
    Last edited by Lush; 05-23-2020 at 05:30 PM.

  23. #1423
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    San Diego CA
    Posts
    6,029
    As for LLC she popped in a few weeks ago, looked at the board,I said hi via pm and she said hi back. Anyway back on topic I always feel sad when I read about a survivor dying later or taking their life. To bad venues cannot learn from these tragedies
    No More Stolen Sisters.

  24. #1424
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by Lush View Post
    i've always wanted to find stacie angers in the video. i know her family claimed they saw her on the video, and unless they mistook her for someone else, she's there somewhere and i really wish i could find her.
    In the old Station Fire thread (post 1667) there was a preliminary ID of Stacie. If that was her, she was right up front in the minutes before Great White came on stage. See this link:

    https://findadeathforum.com/showthre...30#post1314230

  25. #1425
    Looks like my previous ID attempt of Milisa Bump might be Stacie Angers. But, the hairlines don't match-up. Who was Stacie there with? Looks like she's there with the girl in black to the left.

    I have been keeping track of survivor deaths up until about 3 years ago, but I had no idea about Irina Gershelis.

    Bustakita - I was using the signature to post pictures back when I was having trouble doing so. I posted a pic of survivor Robert Riffe and also of the survivor I believe to be James Dufresne.
    Last edited by Lt. Frank Drebin; 05-24-2020 at 10:54 PM.

  26. #1426
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Tulsa, OK
    Posts
    210
    As we know, Irina Gershelis makes an appearance in the Butler preshow video as "the shot girl". She doesn't speak, but I remembered that she called in to a radio show which is included in the videos on the Google Drive. As was more common back then, some talk radio programs simulcasted on local cable with video of the radio host and guests, and that was the case for this radio show on WHJJ in Providence. Paul Vanner and Kevin Beese were on this program talking about the fire, and it looks like it was only a week or two afterwards; Paul Vanner looks exactly the same as he did in the Butler video. Anyway at one point Irina calls into the show. The transcript is below. RIP Rina.

    Radio Host: "Rina's in West Warwick watching on Cox 3. Rina go right ahead, you're on HJJ with Paul and Kevin. Go ahead Rina."
    Irina: "Hi Kevin. It's Rina, I just wanted to tell you that you're doing a really great job. And Paul. And I think throughout this whole thing you did a really great job."
    Paul: "Thanks Rina."
    Kevin: "Thanks Rina."
    Irina: "And I love you guys. And I think, you know, and I'm just happy that you guys are ok, that you're ok and everything."
    Kevin: "We love you too Rina."
    Radio Host: "You work at The Station Rina?"
    Irina: "Yeah."
    Paul: "Yeah. She was our shot girl!"
    Radio Host: "Oh is that right?"
    Kevin: "A very good one."
    Paul: "Yup."
    Irina: "Thanks."
    Radio Host: "Thanks Rina."
    Kevin: "Thanks hon."
    Paul: "Be good."

    To watch this part of the video, it is about 12 minutes into the video file called VTS_02_2.VOB at the following link - https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...XBHN2syai1vbHM

  27. #1427
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qNwc_BVRB-M

    This video is not the whole event on camera. But I went back and started re-reading the SNF thread one and kept reading about slow mo versions which have since been removed from YT. But this version is extremely clear with some of the footage and has an interview with a woman in the sadly notorious pileup at the door.

    Also someone mentioned a movie called Groupie in the first thread. I was curious so I went to look at it on Prime Video. The scene was so horrible the band set the club on fire and I can sadly imagine that is what the inside of the Station looked like on that horribly tragic night.
    Last edited by bustakita; 05-29-2020 at 04:01 PM.

  28. #1428
    Also I just rewatched the unedited video again and there is a song playing when Paul Vanner is at the sound system and the hook says "prepare to meet your maker." I have watched this video a million times and today was the first time I heard that. How sadly haunting that it was like a weird premonition. And least EYE think so anyway.

  29. #1429
    The newer version of the BB Butler video appears clearer to me maybe it's just me

  30. #1430
    Quote Originally Posted by krystleann View Post
    Sorry, my original reply was too long, so here is my second part:

    Heroes:
    Regarding Sanetti's account... There was talk on the thread about Tracy King and how someone had written on facebook how he was suspected to be one of the bouncers who had denied access through the stage door.. Richard Sanetti came to his Tracy's defense and wrote about him dying in his arms and he was a hero... Well I didn't see it again talked about much since some of you were questioning it... I do see in Sanetti's witness statement about a big guy who at first appeared dead/not able to fit through the window.. Richard described a young man standing with him outside trying to call people to the windows (I believe front bar windows is where they were, since they
    exited the front bar?) and mentioned how the man was thought to be a goner but him and the young man were able to get the big guy out of there and mentioned more about him passing away shortly after when he was carrying him in his arms (paraphrasing here of course)... I feel that was Tracy, and some how he had learned after by the investigators who it was and heard from other witnesses I suppose that he was one of the people helping toss people out the windows.


    So many people account to have being "thrown or tossed" out the windows...You all had also mentioned in the first thread about there possibly being some sort of blast which had the power of blowing people away, as if they were tossed.. This does seem possible to me after reading so many accounts.. :
    Colleen McNamara mentions smoke engulfed her and husband and somehow "we were pushed onto the ground outside" seems to indicate such an occurrence.


    But I do feel there were still some heroes who also did their part in throwing survivors out doors/windows.. They along with those pulling people out of the front door are incredibly courageous heroes- to the fullest extent and they should be honored as such.


    Thomas Barnett was said to die saving others..I keep seeing reference to Matthew Darby's saving of twelve people, heard mention of Tracy King's, but haven't read yet the specifics and who actually calls them out as heroes (what they saw).. wondering if I will come across them in the 1/3 I have left to go in the witness accounts.


    Regarding Darby- twelve seems like an incredible amount of people to be able to save in the few minutes he had.. Wondering what had happened!


    Random observations/questions:


    The debate about Jeff Rader being seen outside of the club, indicating he went back inside... who established this as fact ? I am wondering as others have here if it was a case of mistaken identity, doesn't seem he would have time to have accomplished it. I do wonder where Becky was when the fire first started, was she not with the rest of their group? And where she was found, was it anywhere near him?


    I remember hearing on the thread about a victim who was in a wheelchair? IIRC, which I could very well be mistaken, wasn't it thought to be John Longiaru? I haven't encountered, or if I have I must've missed, any witness accounts relating to him yet, so wondering where those who mentioned him learned he was in a wheelchair?


    Todd King in his statements says that Steve Mancini was literally pushing people back into the club as he made his way to find his wife Andrea by the ticket booth.. I wonder what had happened with her..she didn't get a chance to get out of the booth I suppose with the patrons funneling in.. That part of the doorway where the booth was must've been the worst during evacuation since it narrowed in right at her booth.... Must've been an awful scene. Another witness I recall reading mentioned he last saw her with a fire extinguisher over her head.. I wonder if she was getting that for Steve who then went towards the stage with it? Witnesses said a man with black long hair was scene running towards stage with extinguisher, was that Paul V or Steve?


    I recall a few wondering about the seven victims documented to be outside the atrium windows.. Raymond Lemoi in his account says that the seven in front of atrium windows were indeed excavated from the front doorway in the very beginning of rescue.
    ...So although later on it's been documented and well known that there were 31 dead found in the door/hallway area, it was originally 38. I am not sure or can offer much proof at the moment but from what I've been feeling reading up on accounts it does seem that many of the very burned/those who suffered and died after that night had been rescued from that main entrance as well.


    David McGinn- Strange witness statements...
    Mentions Rick Sanetti being hysterical/badly burned.. Sad account. He also says Jack Russell said "either his sound guy or his tech guy was burned to a crisp".. I am guessing Jack's "heroism" relates to his helping his own.. And he was witnessed expressing concern for his missing guitarist, Ty.. But what about concern for the hundreds of patrons/fans of his, many of them personally invited by him?


    Frances McMurray- says boyfriend was sick, so he stayed home while she went to show alone... one of few reported to attend the show alone. Maybe I'm overthinking this one but I thought it to be a bit strange.. Maybe I sound too conservative wondering such a thing, but unless she was a diehard fan, as a woman it's a bit weird going alone?.. Maybe she was there with another man?


    John Malloy-His witness statement in the google docs was a report for missing persons .. I felt it strange that a few of the deceased aren't already reported as missing by family when the report was made 24 hours later... including Kelly Vieira being one not included as missing. Maybe it's simply because there was so much going on in those first hours that all information wasn't collected by that time, I don't know but it's worth looking at again closer when I have time. Also the people who survived but were on that missing person list would give good indication as to survivors who were so badly burned that they weren't identified as survivors yet.


    I pretty much hold the same people accountable that I've been reading everyone else on here discuss.
    Regarding Jeff D:
    Julie M (waitress) says she gave Jeff the register in the FRONT of the building.. The register was later found buried in snow in the back of the station. So he went all the way to the back to place it into snow? While others are putting their lives in danger/sacrificing themselves to save others? She said he was "gone for not even a min".. That is long enough to make a difference during the fire. Considering on the video we also see him pacing around, taking off the banner from the rail outside the front door.. What else did he accomplish?


    Again, regarding witness statements, for those of you who haven't noticed, under "Elizabeth Laposata" are the obits for the victims, to use as a resource.


    I read a few different investigators ask witnesses about foam found on walls outside restrooms.. I am guessing the foam over in that section of the building added to the intensity of the fire in that section of the station.


    Not sure if I missed reading but haven't seen much talk on the thread about this strange coincidence: Someone was at the club just that day talking to the owners and said they had plans in the works to buy the station! I wish I wrote down who it was that was on the verge of buying it, but it was somewhere in the middle of the alphabet under witness statements.


    The "before the fire" video that we all have such great interest in.. It's been wondered by some on here when the filming was, if it was throughout the evening.. I read in a witness account (again sorry wish I wrote down who had said) that mentioned Butler arrived at the station at 10:30.. So all of the footage we see is presumed to be a lot closer in time to the time the tragedy began.

    I read in witness accounts from 10:30 to the start of GW that music from a CD or radio played over speakers, beer/radio promos were off and on (Budweiser's and Dr. Metal, etc..) Someone mentioned a song playing in background during the before video that had very eerily haunting lyrics relating to the tragedy. That had sent chills up my spine now knowing how close to the fire this was in time.


    Again, so sorry to have such a long first post with so much information/material/questions coming at you all, it's just been building up!


    Lastly, kudos to all of you spending the time and effort in trying to get a better understanding.. It's not easy.

    ---> PS: Thank you for the guidance regarding my posts, Cindy
    So who was the person whose witness statement mentioned the music they were playing? Those lyrics are hauntingly sad knowing what was to come. Just like the Goodbye to Gravity song they sang before the fire happened at Collective...their lyrics were hauntingly dad as well

    Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Frank Drebin View Post
    The problem is- there is no "Jerry" in the survivor list. Wonder if identified himself as 'Jamie', but it was recorded incorrectly?

    Krystleann - the survivor who fell through the floor (if I'm remembering correctly) was either Kenneth Mariorenzi or the guy who was caught on camera rubbing Harold Panciera's back and tried to play it off - David Malagrino. It was probably Maligrino because Mariorenzi was right behind BB.
    Lt Frank Durbin I did Not mean to honestly but I burst out laughing when I read the "rubbing his back and trying to play it off" I thought I was the only one to notice that...I hope they are still good friends...and happier that they
    survived

    Edited to not double post
    Last edited by bustakita; 06-01-2020 at 10:28 PM.

  31. #1431
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Tulsa, OK
    Posts
    210
    Quote Originally Posted by bustakita View Post
    So who was the person whose witness statement mentioned the music they were playing? Those lyrics are hauntingly sad knowing what was to come. Just like the Goodbye to Gravity song they sang before the fire happened at Collective...their lyrics were hauntingly sad as well
    The preshow music was IDed a couple of years ago in this forum. They were playing the CD Blown by the band Deeds over the sound system. It was released in 2002, so it was new at the time. Here is a link to it on Amazon - https://www.amazon.com/Blown-Deeds/dp/B00007J4ZT

    I didn't remember the info coming from a witness statement, though I'd like to know if that was the case. I assumed somebody Shazamed it.

    I bought a copy of the CD after it got IDed. It's kind of a twisted soundtrack that I sometimes play before I go to see live music. Well, before the pandemic that is.

  32. #1432
    Quote Originally Posted by dionyzus View Post
    The preshow music was IDed a couple of years ago in this forum. They were playing the CD Blown by the band Deeds over the sound system. It was released in 2002, so it was new at the time. Here is a link to it on Amazon - https://www.amazon.com/Blown-Deeds/dp/B00007J4ZT

    I didn't remember the info coming from a witness statement, though I'd like to know if that was the case. I assumed somebody Shazamed it.

    I bought a copy of the CD after it got IDed. It's kind of a twisted soundtrack that I sometimes play before I go to see live music. Well, before the pandemic that is.
    I know that this may be weird but I found it on YT and find myself drawn to it. I know that sounds very weird. I was talking to my daughter about this yesterday and she smh-ed me and said that she cannot understand why I am so drawn to this event. Also yesterday, for whatever reason the before the fire video postedby Safety first on YT I was watching it in slow mo and I saw many more faces and that freaked me out and I felt so sad my daughter caught the music and said "Mom I know that you are not watching that in slow motion" and I admitted that yes I was. I cannot remember all the names but ai saw many more familiar faces.

    ___________________

    Quote Originally Posted by Crush22 View Post
    Thanks for the welcome!
    Hummmm.......pop quiz right off the bat, eh?
    I'm gonna say at the 2:47 mark?
    I play in 2 bands locally in my area. This really hit home when it happened.
    What is your band's name...I love all types of music...

    __________________

    Quote Originally Posted by Amazee-Dayzee View Post
    That isn't the video of any nightclub fire. It just leads to a song.
    I apologise.i was rereading this thread and realized that there was an error.

    I'm not sure if you are still around these parts but Here is the correct video:

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KSm7Y0AE1qI
    Last edited by bustakita; 06-02-2020 at 07:31 PM.

  33. #1433
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Ridgefield, CT
    Posts
    174
    Hi all...

    Pks - Thank you, thank you for news of your LLC sighting. Big relief.


    Lush - Two Station regulars--one of them a survivor--have confirmed to me that Irina G. died of cancer.

    - Barry Manilow! Remember LLC's crush on Jay Gates? It was during his Rod Stewart tribute phase. Can she maintain those same feelings for the Barry Manilow-ized Jay Gates?


    Dion - I knew you were going to be all over that "Meet Your Maker" question. I seem to remember it getting id-ed by some sharp-earred music buff early in this, the second thread. Or possibly at the end of the first. But yeah--in a post.


    bustakita - How old are these posts you're unearthing? Crush22? krystleann?



    --I've never located Stacie Angers (D) on BB. Maybe she was someone who pushed toward the stage, last minute. She seems to have come with an assorted group of friends from the southern Worcester area; towns like Sutton, Millbury, and Auburn. They didn't fare well. They included James Dufresne, Deb Peduzzi, Beth Mosczynski (D), Mike Fresolo (D), and Thomas Fleming (D).

    Subarctican provided us a link to a Davidson photo of Trip playing that may show Stacie from the back (lower left in dark orange). Page #25 - 2/14/20 -Post # 1218 (Davidson 22003 013.jpg)

  34. #1434
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    San Diego CA
    Posts
    6,029
    billoween, I remember her crush on Jay!. The one that got to me the most was Nick, reading about him and seeing the documentary he was considered the youngest victim but wasn't there a 17 year old that died?
    No More Stolen Sisters.

  35. #1435
    Quote Originally Posted by billoween View Post
    Great find by RodentLady!! And nice analysis by Dion, our G. Drive-preserving archivist.

    I'd never before caught the sweater vs denim contradiction in Killer Show. Thanks RL.

    And welcome subarctican! Thanks for reminding us of the different "sound scheme" we get with the Pickett mic-ing, which, yeah, explains the absence of the "Where's My Husband?" plea. By the way, I'm guessing that the big scream starts in reaction to the pileup occuring.

    I think that the picture-taker subarctican is referring to is Adam Florio, and you can see 4 of his 8 pictures (taken with a disposable Fuji) on G. Drive.

    Rarely talked about here, but surprisingly intense when you learn the context from Florio's GJ testimony, are photos 002.jpg (stage in advanced fire with lone figure going to stage door; may be Walter Castle) and 003.jpg (front door seconds after Florio barely gets out bar window).


    When it comes to Barylick and factual errors, well...I'm starting to understand how complicated it gets when a lawyer on one side of a case writes a book, later, on that very same case. See, I've been bugging him about never giving credit to Butler for kicking out that lower window panel. Barylick knows darned well Ron Barak got out that exact same panel (4th window of the 11 east-west atrium windows). But recently he wrote back to me, and I had a little epiphany. He said, "The book describes the facts in the light most favorable to my clients for the purposes of the litigation." Glad I didn't go to law school. Glad he did and got all that money for the families and survivors. Sorry that Butler had to take one "for the team," so to speak.
    Those Florio photos...I had not realized what I was looking at...that is sad and scary and another reminder that this tragedy was real and happened and I am speechless..

  36. #1436
    This is something I discovered a couple of days ago but this stuck with me. Apparently there was more footage that took place in Colectiv nightclub fire of 2014/5 and when I watched it I sadly thought of all of "our friends" from the Station that night and I started crying.

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=t7yk4hX-jLs

    Wow Billoween I am going to go look at the photos of Kevin Anderson. I did not know they were there.

  37. #1437
    I am not good at IDing as you guys and I appreciate finding out about the survivor's stories and how they escaped as well as their connection to someone who may have passed away. I guess that the best way for me to explain it is that when you guys post a photo and share a little blurb or their quote or a piece of the story i immediately go-to the drive and read the testimony or view the photo etc. You guys are all helpful in helping to piece together this life event for me most from the concertgoers eyes. I truly appreciate all of your work and dedication to helping to tell the true story on this.

  38. 06-04-2020, 06:56 AM

  39. #1438
    Quote Originally Posted by billoween View Post
    Hi all...

    Pks - Thank you, thank you for news of your LLC sighting. Big relief.


    Lush - Two Station regulars--one of them a survivor--have confirmed to me that Irina G. died of cancer.

    - Barry Manilow! Remember LLC's crush on Jay Gates? It was during his Rod Stewart tribute phase. Can she maintain those same feelings for the Barry Manilow-ized Jay Gates?


    Dion - I knew you were going to be all over that "Meet Your Maker" question. I seem to remember it getting id-ed by some sharp-earred music buff early in this, the second thread. Or possibly at the end of the first. But yeah--in a post.


    bustakita - How old are these posts you're unearthing? Crush22? krystleann?



    --I've never located Stacie Angers (D) on BB. Maybe she was someone who pushed toward the stage, last minute. She seems to have come with an assorted group of friends from the southern Worcester area; towns like Sutton, Millbury, and Auburn. They didn't fare well. They included James Dufresne, Deb Peduzzi, Beth Mosczynski (D), Mike Fresolo (D), and Thomas Fleming (D).

    Subarctican provided us a link to a Davidson photo of Trip playing that may show Stacie from the back (lower left in dark orange). Page #25 - 2/14/20 -Post # 1218 (Davidson 22003 013.jpg)

    I stand corrected, it was someone in the thread who mentioned the music and identified it I had never seen the post before I noticed the lyrics and kept rewinding them and I was able to find the full album on YT because of the person who identified it here on SNF thread 2 (it's crazy how years later you notice something) and then went back through the thread and realized I mistakenly mixxed up "where" I read the comment about the music. I want to say I believe it was Id-ed within the first few pages of this thread. But I was mistaken in saying it came from a witness statement. I flip back and forth between so much between the thread and statements that I messed up. Sorry guys.
    Last edited by bustakita; 06-04-2020 at 07:34 AM.

  40. #1439
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Tulsa, OK
    Posts
    210
    Quote Originally Posted by bustakita View Post
    I mistakenly mixxed up "where" I read the comment about the music. I want to say I believe it was Id-ed within the first few pages of this thread. But I was mistaken in saying it came from a witness statement. I flip back and forth between so much between the thread and statements that I messed up. Sorry guys.
    No problem bustakita. I wanted to be sure I didn't miss anything either.

    I got curious so I went back and found when the preshow music ID was made. It was on page 6 of the current thread, in Dec 2014 at this link. The ID was made by tralrtrsh4evr, a user from Johnstown, PA who hasn't posted on the forum in 5 years. I am sure they Shazamed it, as the band Deeds is very obscure now. They're not even on Wikipedia. If you're out there tralrtrsh4evr, feel free to correct me!

    To give an idea of their obscurity, I just Shazamed my CD on the first track Fragments of a Man. It has 17 Shazams. Ever.
    Last edited by dionyzus; 06-04-2020 at 02:19 PM.

  41. #1440
    Wow Dionysus! Interesting!!! I have come to like this album now!!!

  42. #1441
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Sunny Florida
    Posts
    131
    Those Florio photos...I had not realized what I was looking at...that is sad and scary and another reminder that this tragedy was real and happened and I am speechless.
    Can someone please tell me what they see in this photo of the fire in the doorway? I keep staring at it, but nothing stands out... anyone? Please?

    Billoween- things are good here, crazy, but good! Thank you for thinking of me

    It makes me so happy to see all the activity on this thread! I may not post much, but I lurk regularly. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

  43. #1442
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Ridgefield, CT
    Posts
    174
    Regarding: (Adam Florio 003.jpg)

    If you can expand it, enlarge it, or even use a magnifying glass, you should be able to make out many little balls above the couple in the foreground. Those, unfortunately, are the heads of the people stacked in the doorway. Also—and I hope I’m wrong—there may be one tall figure trying to walk down over the heads.

    From Florio‘s witness statement:
    “I stood up, grabbed onto the railing [outside the first bar window] with both hands and threw myself over. I stood up between some cars and took another picture of the front door. I looked at the front door and couldn’t believe what I saw. Bodies were stacked up on top of each other. The fire came out of the top of the front door and the window I just came out of. I saw a guy on top of the pile; his arms were pinned on the side of him. His hair and shirt caught on fire and he started to move up and down.

  44. #1443
    Quote Originally Posted by CommanderAmander View Post
    Can someone please tell me what they see in this photo of the fire in the doorway? I keep staring at it, but nothing stands out... anyone? Please?

    Billoween- things are good here, crazy, but good! Thank you for thinking of me

    It makes me so happy to see all the activity on this thread! I may not post much, but I lurk regularly. Hope everyone has a great weekend!
    Hey CommanderAmanda long time no "see" glad you're still around

  45. #1444
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Sunny Florida
    Posts
    131
    Quote Originally Posted by billoween View Post
    Regarding: (Adam Florio 003.jpg)

    If you can expand it, enlarge it, or even use a magnifying glass, you should be able to make out many little balls above the couple in the foreground. Those, unfortunately, are the heads of the people stacked in the doorway. Also—and I hope I’m wrong—there may be one tall figure trying to walk down over the heads.

    From Florio‘s witness statement:
    “I stood up, grabbed onto the railing [outside the first bar window] with both hands and threw myself over. I stood up between some cars and took another picture of the front door. I looked at the front door and couldn’t believe what I saw. Bodies were stacked up on top of each other. The fire came out of the top of the front door and the window I just came out of. I saw a guy on top of the pile; his arms were pinned on the side of him. His hair and shirt caught on fire and he started to move up and down.
    Omg, that is horrific... thank you for breaking it down, Billoween.

    Bustakita- nice to see you too! Glad to have you back here.

    I came across this on YouTube today... it's a radio show from Feb. 2020 and it features John Barylick and the pyro tech for Kiss as the guests. I haven't listened to the whole thing, but it's pretty interesting so far:

  46. #1445
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    City of Angels
    Posts
    148
    Bill, I can't make out any detail in the flames on that photo, even after expanding it larger than the size of my monitor and having to do a lot of scrolling to see it all. That car appears to be perpendicular to the ones parked directly in front. So was Adam in a middle row? The perspective is confusing. From the witness statement, it sounds like the bar window is on the left.

    My matrixing eyes do see the flames forming two faces higher up in the photo than any bodies would be. One is a normal, almost attractive face and the other has horns. Creeeeeeepy!

  47. #1446
    Quote Originally Posted by CommanderAmander View Post
    Omg, that is horrific... thank you for breaking it down, Billoween.

    Bustakita- nice to see you too! Glad to have you back here.

    I came across this on YouTube today... it's a radio show from Feb. 2020 and it features John Barylick and the pyro tech for Kiss as the guests. I haven't listened to the whole thing, but it's pretty interesting so far:
    I will definitely check it out.


    I've got a thought that no one has thought of(if my memory serves me correctly) didn't Jack Russell get a tat from Skott Greene? And if he did, if I remember correctly, has anyone ever seen it?
    Last edited by bustakita; 06-06-2020 at 05:08 PM.

  48. #1447
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Sunny Florida
    Posts
    131
    Quote Originally Posted by RodentLady View Post
    Bill, I can't make out any detail in the flames on that photo, even after expanding it larger than the size of my monitor and having to do a lot of scrolling to see it all. That car appears to be perpendicular to the ones parked directly in front. So was Adam in a middle row? The perspective is confusing. From the witness statement, it sounds like the bar window is on the left!
    I agree RL, I don’t see it either... 😟

    Bustakita- that’s an interesting thought, never thought about it myself. I’d love to see it though! I know Michael Hoogasian got a tat of flames that night... 😞
    Last edited by CommanderAmander; 06-05-2020 at 05:56 PM. Reason: Forgot something

  49. #1448
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Ridgefield, CT
    Posts
    174
    Sorry it’s been frustrating RLady.

    Maybe I’m seeing it better on my phone; I don’t know. Are there more pixels or something? Anyway, find the tallest guy’s head in the foreground. Look up just a tiny bit. Do you see about 8 identical “circles?” Those are the heads Florio reported seeing. Those are people stuck. The doorway was filled almost to the top.

  50. #1449
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    City of Angels
    Posts
    148
    The area above the couple at the left must be one of the bar windows. Nothing to the right of the main door (meaning the atrium) had yet erupted in external flames even past the 6 minute mark. So the main door has to be furthest to the right.

    I've seen two men escaping from the first window who are physically consistent with Adam's build and what he was seen wearing that night: The one around 2:36 whose shoes hit the rescuer in the face. He continues to be in range of the camera until around 2:48 as he walks forward between the cars.
    The second man from around 4:22 to 4:25. That is much later in the fire, so I think it fits Adam's statement better. On his MySpace page in 2006 or 7, he said he was also pushed from behind to help him out the window. if he was the 4:22 guy, I don't see anyone getting out after him. Yikes.

    I'll use subarctican's link as a video with consistent timestamps since some very by several seconds: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2a6vganre1...Audio.mp4?dl=0
    Last edited by RodentLady; 06-06-2020 at 01:40 AM.

  51. #1450
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Ridgefield, CT
    Posts
    174
    RLady - If this helps, I believe the man on the right is standing at the front door railing. That's the only place where the railing is strictly horizontal. I think there's an excellent chance that man is Paul Bertolo, a survivor I've met and I will someday ask him about this photo. Sometimes it's hard to go by the cars, because some were starting to be moved and can be seen at crazy angles during the process.


    Tattoos

    So.....Survivor-turned-bar-window-rescuer, Joe Barber, often acted as club manager Kevin Beese's guy Friday before a big national show. Around 6:30 pm, the night of the fire, he chauffeured Jack Russell to Skott Greene's "Doors of Perception Tattoos." It was just 8 minutes away from The Station.

    (While Russell was "busy" getting inked, he had Barber off searching for a specific brand of throat lozenge.)

    The new tattoo Russell got consisted of a heart with "SUE" inside it, and it was in his pelvic region. (I think of it as the hernia zone.)

    Anyway, Russell ended up inviting Skott Greene (D) to the show that night, as well as his friends who were hanging out late that Thursday: Richard Cabral (D) and Brian O'Donnell.

    Also added to the guest list were the Hoogasians (D)--Michael and Sandy of Cranston--who'd been married all of 16 months. Michael was at the shop, with Sandy, getting a flame tattoo in his neck/shoulder area, a belated 31st birthday (2-12-03) present. He'd had his bachelor party at The Station.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •