Page 6 of 43 FirstFirst ... 4567815 ... LastLast

Thread: Station Nightclub fire in West Warwick, Rhode Island 2

I am so glad they got the final okay, I wish I could give them a huge donation to get it going, but I am on a limited income now.

Panel keeps current sprinkler regulations for nightclubs.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/201...6GP/story.html

Quote Originally Posted by wineandkerosene View Post
    And here are some interesting facts I read in the witness statements:

Georgette Giroux-Brown said that Greg Dufour smashed a window near the pool tables with a plant, and she exited through the window. Greg Dufour's statement corroborates this. Dufour was one of two people, along with Brian O'Donnell, to break atrium windows from the inside, while at least one window was broken from the outside by policeman Mark Knott.
    I agree with Frank Drebin's comments, this was a great post by wineandkerosene. Great analysis of the witness statements. Full disclosure: wineandkerosene happens to be my brother! I got him interested in researching the Station Fire.

I can expand more on Brian O'Donnell who broke out a window in the side of the atrium facing the front steps. I found a good video capture of that window in the Evelyn Brito video, see below.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Station Atrium Side Window.jpg 
Views:	380 
Size:	120.6 KB 
ID:	52005

4. 12-10-2014, 06:09 AM

Great posts, guys! Lt. Frank Drebin, I believe Eugene Alvarez is the guy with the same Jack Russell shirt on as Derek Gray- he's got long, black hair, and he's standing to Derek's left when looking at them from behind. Also, I read somewhere, I think on the first Station Fire thread, that one of the songs playing before the show was "Meet Your Maker" by Bitter End. It's eerily forshadowing of the disaster that took place only minutes later: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBhbX_H6wl8

I'll be back with more info.

Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Frank Drebin View Post
    There are videos other than Brian Butler's? Where can these be found?
    Frank, these are on the second Google drive. They include videos taken in the club in the weeks and months before the fire, and there are also some interviews and documentary segments on the fire. This is from a summary that I posted several months ago:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B9ytDDcfxcOHNW9xZ1htX3BWTFk&usp=sharing

These are all formatted as DVD folders, so you will either need to burn them to DVDs yourself or use DVD preview software, which may already come in your burner software. If not, my favorite preview software is called DVD Shrink, which is freeware (google to find the link). When it's installed, browse to open the VIDEO_TS folder for each video. A small preview window opens but you can expand it to a decent size to watch the video. Below is a summary of the files.

WHJJ - Breese_Vanner, John Walsh - Gina Gauvin, Jeff Pine Interview
    - Paul Vanner, Kevin Beese on WHJJ Providence talk show (55 min)
    - Gina Gauvin on John Walsh talk show (15 min)

Decoding Disaster- Nightclub Nightmares
    - Discovery Channel documentary on both the Station Fire and Chicago nightclub (50 min)
    (Gary and Pam Beineke, Linda Fisher, Rob Feeney interviews)

Dateline 8-9-03 & Larry King Live 2-9-05
    - Julie Mellini, George Ciletro, Tammy St. Heller, Michelle Spence interviewed on Dateline (15 min)
    - Jack Russell, Mark Kendall, Linda Fisher, Donovan Williams, Victoria Potvin, Pat Longley interview on Larry King Live (1 hour)

04-338-PR Gahan & Ricardi Rock Interviews
    - James Gahan and Mike Ricardi interview Jack Russell 2/20/03 (15 min)
    - James Gahan and Mike Ricardi interview Extreme's Gary Cherone 10/15/02 (15 min)

03-369-PR Mario Giamei on Dateline
    - Mario Giamei, Heidi Peralta interviewed (20 min)

03-385-PR Human Clay Video
    - Showing sparks from 15-second gerbs during show at the Station (3 min)

03-582-PR WHDH Channel 7 Burning Bed
    - Jeff Derderian news report, infamous "solid gasoline" story (6 min)

03-815-PR WHDH Channel 7 In Case of Emergency
    - Jeff Derderian news report, ironic story of how to escape a burning home (6 min)

05-973-PR Bus Search - Coventry Police
    - Great White tour bus search in police garage (3 min)

04-348-PR Timothy Bryant - Great White
    - Great White full show 2/7/03, includes pyro (92 min)

04-351-PR Evelyn Brito*
    - Amateur video taken inside the Station during comedy night (!), unknown date before fire, shows viewpoint walking in and out of the club (9 min)

Thanks for that list of videos. Maybe someday I'll get to viewing those. I see Julie Mellini is in one of the videos. I believe she is the bartender in the blue shirt who sticks tongue out at camera. Anyone know anything about survivor Tim Rossano? He is the guy in the red coat who you see escaping through a window and stumbling away from the building. I read about his unemployment due to his involvement in the Station fire. Was he a Station employee?

As for that song 'Meet Your Maker', I'm not really hearing anything in the video that sounds thrash or as fast as that song.

As for that song 'Meet Your Maker', I'm not really hearing anything in the video that sounds thrash or as fast as that song.
    I agree, I didn't hear it either, but several people were saying that was it. Maybe I'm getting the timing wrong, but I thought I had read it was right before Great White came on.

On a side note, my boyfriend gave me an early Christmas present- a signed copy of "Killer Show". I've read it once in digital format, but I'm ready for a second go round!

Thanks for that list of videos. Maybe someday I'll get to viewing those. I see Julie Mellini is in one of the videos. I believe she is the bartender in the blue shirt who sticks tongue out at camera. Anyone know anything about survivor Tim Rossano? He is the guy in the red coat who you see escaping through a window and stumbling away from the building. I read about his unemployment due to his involvement in the Station fire. Was he a Station employee?

No prob Frank. Yes Julie is the same one who sticks her tongue out. Her mood in the brief interview couldn't be more different. She looked haunted as she described coming outside the club, then seeing the people catch fire in the front doorway. She said she couldn't believe what she was seeing.

I agree with your comment on the song, that is an early thrash type song, and I couldn't hear anything like it on the Butler preshow video. The club had a rather eclectic playlist before Great White came on, from the snippets heard on the Butler video, and I can't identify them. If the Matthew Pickett tape ever surfaces, it would be much better sound quality and he started recording 15 minutes before Great White took the stage. So those songs would be much easier to identify. But as we know, that tape is much less likely to be released to the public.

tralrtrsh4evr Guest
    Bits&pieces of 4 songs can be heard in the "preshow" portion of the video. They are all being played from a recording of a band called "DEEDS" album is called "BLOWN"
    "Meet Your Maker" "River Run Dry" "Valley Of The Kings"(very little of that one), and "Loaded Gun" after which the announcer says"We're back, We're ....ing back" then on to the start of the show.

Quote Originally Posted by tralrtrsh4evr View Post
    Bits&pieces of 4 songs can be heard in the "preshow" portion of the video. They are all being played from a recording of a band called "DEEDS" album is called "BLOWN"
    "Meet Your Maker" "River Run Dry" "Valley Of The Kings"(very little of that one), and "Loaded Gun" after which the announcer says"We're back, We're ....ing back" then on to the start of the show.
    Wow!! You are correct. You are the first to figure this out, at least in this forum. How the heck did you know that? I found a site with sound clips of this album and they match the Butler preshow. They are playing Meet Your Maker while Tracy King is joking around with Paul Vanner at his sound board. Prophetic as hell!

For those who are curious about the band (like I was), I searched and found that Deeds were a British hard rock band that was up and coming; this album was executive produced by Steve Harris of Iron Maiden. This album was new at the time, released in 2002. Evidently the band never went anywhere after this.
    Last edited by dionyzus; 12-16-2014 at 07:22 PM.

Thank you, tralrt.... I'll have to check them out. I was reading in the wealth of info in the original thread and got up to page 99 and I have to put in my two cents. Regarding the woman in the short red shirt in front of the stage to the right of Derek Gray- that is not Sarah Telgarsky. I would say that she looks very much like Pam Beineke, however, from what I've read, she would have been located elsewhere. All the facial features seem to match up though. (Confused on that because I'd almost bet that that is Pam Beineke). Regarding the mystery woman with the shoulderless black dress gesturing the peace sign- that is not Laura Gillette. It appears that Laura Gillette's photo is somewhat dated going by the hairstyle and overall "look", so she would not have looked as young as that girl with the peace sign gesture. I also don't believe it's Judith Manzo. Hairline is different, as is also general facial features.

Excuse if I'm trying to reinvent the wheel here, but I'm intrigued by the phone call made from the ladies' room during the fire. I understand that it was either Katherine O'Donnell or Bridget Sanetti, but it's recorded that the call was made at 11:17? That would have been 10 minutes after the fire began. Is it possible that 10 minutes into the fire it was safe enough in the ladies' room to make a phone call or is the time somewhat off? Did being enclosed in a restroom offer temporary protection from the fire (seal out heat and smoke and retain oxygen)? The fact that they were found in there suggests that they made no attempt to exit the building. It must have already been bad enough for them to choose to stay in a burning building with hopes of rescue. Did they open the door only to see nothing but smoke and flame or clogged exits? At any rate, being a history buff, I can only shake my head because it's like the same mistakes being made over and over again- use of flammable materials and insufficient exit routes. A similar incident is the Cocoanut Grove fire. Fire started small in the basement, but then it reached a flammable ceiling covering and took off. Almost 500 perish. An even worse incident is the Iroquois Theater disaster in Chicago in 1903. Death toll was almost twice that of the 1871 Great Chicago fire.

Excuse if I'm trying to reinvent the wheel here, but I'm intrigued by the phone call made from the ladies' room during the fire. I understand that it was either Katherine O'Donnell or Bridget Sanetti, but it's recorded that the call was made at 11:17? That would have been 10 minutes after the fire began. Is it possible that 10 minutes into the fire it was safe enough in the ladies' room to make a phone call or is the time somewhat off? Did being enclosed in a restroom offer temporary protection from the fire (seal out heat and smoke and retain oxygen)? The fact that they were found in there suggests that they made no attempt to exit the building. It must have already been bad enough for them to choose to stay in a burning building with hopes of rescue. Did they open the door only to see nothing but smoke and flame or clogged exits?
    I think I can piece together a timeline for the 911 call from the ladies room. I happened to be reading Daniel Davidson's witness testimony this week. He took the pictures shown in Killer Show (and also included on the Google Drive) from the side of the stage as the fire started. You can read his statement for clarification, but suffice to say he calibrated his digital camera time so he knew it was 7 minutes fast, and the pictures at fire initiation are time stamped 11:14. So the actual time the fire started was 11:07.

Meanwhile, if you go to the Dispatch Calls folder on the Google Drive and review the Station Calls.pdf document, the first two calls by Policemen Knott and Bettencourt were timestamped at 11:13. It's safe to say they called at about the time the fire started, or 30 seconds later at most. Let's just call it 11:07 actual time to match Davidson's calibrated time. So all timestamps from police dispatch would be 6 minutes fast. Now, the 911 call from the bathroom appears to be listed in the dispatch at 11:15, lasting for 33 seconds. The next 911 call in the list comes 23 minutes later, so the one listed at 11:15 should be the correct one, since it is also redacted. Adjusting the time back 6 minutes, this call would have taken place at 11:09 in real time, 2 minutes after the fire started. At this point Brian Butler is already looking at the front door pileup with black smoke pouring out the front door, so smoke was probably starting to fill all interior rooms in the club by then. The heat wouldn't have reached the bathroom yet, so whoever called probably hung up to wait for rescue. And as we know, that was the last call made from that phone before it was found amid the rubble.

Quote Originally Posted by dionyzus View Post
    I think I can piece together a timeline for the 911 call from the ladies room. I happened to be reading Daniel Davidson's witness testimony this week. He took the pictures shown in Killer Show (and also included on the Google Drive) from the side of the stage as the fire started. You can read his statement for clarification, but suffice to say he calibrated his digital camera time so he knew it was 7 minutes fast, and the pictures at fire initiation are time stamped 11:14. So the actual time the fire started was 11:07.

Meanwhile, if you go to the Dispatch Calls folder on the Google Drive and review the Station Calls.pdf document, the first two calls by Policemen Knott and Bettencourt were timestamped at 11:13. It's safe to say they called at about the time the fire started, or 30 seconds later at most. Let's just call it 11:07 actual time to match Davidson's calibrated time. So all timestamps from police dispatch would be 6 minutes fast. Now, the 911 call from the bathroom appears to be listed in the dispatch at 11:15, lasting for 33 seconds. The next 911 call in the list comes 23 minutes later, so the one listed at 11:15 should be the correct one, since it is also redacted. Adjusting the time back 6 minutes, this call would have taken place at 11:09 in real time, 2 minutes after the fire started. At this point Brian Butler is already looking at the front door pileup with black smoke pouring out the front door, so smoke was probably starting to fill all interior rooms in the club by then. The heat wouldn't have reached the bathroom yet, so whoever called probably hung up to wait for rescue. And as we know, that was the last call made from that phone before it was found amid the rubble.
    Thank you, dionyzus. I don't quite follow how the time on someone's camera affects the time stamps of 911 calls, but I'll take your word for it. It sounds like you really did your work. And, there had to be a difference in times somewhere because the building would totally not have been survivable 8-10 minutes into the fire. But 2 minutes into the fire, the pileup had already occurred and the place was inundated with smoke. So, the girls in the restroom may have cracked the door open only to either see the pileup and/or nothing but fire and smoke and decided escape from the building was impossible at that point and decided to stay in the relatively safe restroom and call for help.

Back on the old thread, I read that Brian Butler kicks in a window of the atrium. Nowhere in his video did I see where this would have occurred. I read that those windows were difficult to break, so you'd think you would have seen him stop for a good amount of time to do this and also, you would have seen the jolt of that force be transferred to the camera. And also, the lack of that sound. I saw on the old thread where someone identified that one guy who came through an atrium window and almost ran into BB as Mike Ricardi. I'm going to say that that's not Mike Ricardi. 1) the apparent age difference between the two and 2) the difference in hairlines. Sorry to be stirring this stuff back up, but I'm a late-comer to this thread. I was always interested in this incident, but I was always kind of creeped out for years and didn't want to know any details because I just saw Great White one week before in a similar venue.

Tral, good job on identifying the music! Those songs did sound like the ones heard in the pre-fire video.

I just wanted to add more to my last post concerning that guy in a dark jacket escaping through the atrium window. First of all, as Brian Butler comes around the corner of the atrium and you see the flames coming from the drummer's alcove, is that Mark Kendall standing there with the white guitar? This would be at 1:41 in the fire video. Right after you see him, BB turns to look across the atrium windows and that guy escapes through one of the windows. That guys looks a lot alike a guy I've seen in a photo on the Google drive. I believe that photo is called 'WWPD Still Photo 007' in the (c)03-557-PR Still Photos from Davidson Photos folder in the Photographs Not Provide To Civil Attys folder in the Photographs folder in Phase 4.

I'm kind of thinking that we can only speculate about the call from the ladies' restroom. The women were conscious enough to call and ask for rescue, but who really knows what they saw while they were in there. It must have been terrifying to know that there was absolutely no way out. I sure hope that they didn't suffer.
    The reason a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail instead of his tongue.

Back on the old thread, I read that Brian Butler kicks in a window of the atrium. Nowhere in his video did I see where this would have occurred. I read that those windows were difficult to break, so you'd think you would have seen him stop for a good amount of time to do this and also, you would have seen the jolt of that force be transferred to the camera. And also, the lack of that sound.
    Frank, please review a post I made a few months ago that I believe he kicked in an atrium panel, not a window:

On another note, I found a critical part of Butler's testimony related to his kicking out an opening in the atrium. In his testimony, he says he saw the panels near the lower left outside of the atrium and stopped, thinking "breakaway panels." Then he kicked one in. The video bears this out pretty clearly. I had had my doubts because I had assumed it was glass he said he broke, not a panel. You can't hear breaking glass in the video. But the panel does appear to give way, and then you can see the smoke pouring out of the hole later when he comes back along that walkway.
    On another subject, I was looking deeper into the Daniel Davidson statement about his camera being 7 minutes fast. In his interview, he states that he compared the camera's time with the time on his cable converter box, which reads standard time. I found the photo under Photographs - Not Provided to Civil Attys\(c)03-359-PR Daniel Davidsonâ??s Photos. He set a red timestamp on the camera while taking a picture of his cable box. However he must have miscounted since the difference in times is 8 minutes, not 7. So that would make the actual time the fire started as 11:06.

19. 12-18-2014, 06:25 PM

Dionyzus, do you know where in the video this kicking-in of the atrium panel happened? I think I also assumed it was glass.
    Using the version of the Butler video on the Google Drive, in the folder called Contents Not From Original Hard Drive, the panel is broken at 1:33. (Times are different on other versions on YouTube.) This also occurs near the end of the lady's second cry of "where's my husband?"

I really do believe that he did break a panel. Someone behind him swears that they saw him do it.
    The reason a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail instead of his tongue.

22. 12-19-2014, 02:07 PM

Yuck Guest
    Hello everyone. I am new to the threads. I am still reading the main thread did a little search of the site and found there was a continuation. Glad to see the thread isn't actually dead like previously thought.

I need help because i think i may have found joe kinan in the video. has anyone ever been able to see joe in the full or short versions of the video? I may be reaching but until i am able to learn how to screen shot and edit can someone look at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GymIhaxV7VE the clear audio youtube video and pause at 0:34 and look to the center right in the middle of the crowd. It kind of looks like joe kinan. Pictures of him on his website show him as bald on the main page, but every other photo i can find before the fire shows him with hair. I am stuck in the middle if this is him or not. lil help please.

Yes, I do believe Joe Kinan is seen, but I forget at what time in the fire video. In the pre-fire video, he is seen at 6:46, around the time Brian Butler turns to leave the place. He has a short haircut and is wearing a black leather vest.
    Last edited by Lt. Frank Drebin; 12-21-2014 at 01:01 PM.

Yuck Guest
    Ok yes same scenes different times in each video. Thank you Frank Drebin.

Would you happen to know where the audio of the woman in the restroom is?

You know, Yuck, it sure does look like Joe at :34. I could be wrong, but it really does look like him. Welcome to the thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Yuck View Post
    Ok yes same scenes different times in each video. Thank you Frank Drebin.

Would you happen to know where the audio of the woman in the restroom is?
    i don't think there is audio, available to us anyway, of the woman calling from the restroom. I don't know if I could listen to that knowing that those two women knew that they were trapped and that it was over for them. There may be audio or at least a transcript out there that I'm unaware of. And yes, that's Joe at 0:34. I was trying to get a list going of all the victims and survivors that make appearances in the videos.
    Last edited by Lt. Frank Drebin; 12-21-2014 at 05:09 PM.

On the first Station Fire thread, there was an effort to ID a lot of people from the videos (preshow and main Butler video). A problem happened when a person was assembling all the pics on a Photobucket account (or similar) then they ended up abandoning the effort. People saved some of the pics, but we may end up having to redo a lot of the ID work.

However on that topic, I believe I have a made new ID not found until now. I happened to be looking at posts from the 10th anniversary (on 2/20/13) and there was a post from a user named phreddy who never posted again:

Quote Originally Posted by phreddy View Post
    hello LLC and LAC, that is me with Nancy at the bar. When the show started she went toward the stage and I was to meet her. I waited for my friend Mel to come out of the men's room, which never happened. I spent time with her after she was released from the hospital. She's a wonderful, strong woman. Heard she recently married. be well everyone
    I remember seeing his post but at the time we didn't have the list of people in the club yet to try to ID him, but now we do. The lady he refers to, Nancy Noyes, is a well known survivor, she is at the bar in the preshow video joking about the tip left on the bar. After reviewing the witness statements of people named Fred or a variation, it looks certain that the guy next to her who left the tip is phreddy, aka Frederick Levesque. He mentions her by first name in his witness statement. He came to the club with two other guys, but one of them (Mel Gerfin) didn't make it out alive. In fact he may have been the one found in the men's room, though it's not certain. He says Mel went to use the restroom one minute before GW took the stage.

So with this said, I'll post my photo with this new ID. If somebody starts a new ID project, please add this to it!

Name:	Noyes Levesque.jpg 
Views:	250 
Size:	65.1 KB 
ID:	52080

It is interesting how people have found this thread. Matthew Pickett's fiancé found the forum and added some information about Matthew. She never heard the tape that he made.

Yay, I love seeing new ID's! Great work, guys.

I'll throw my hat in the ring with a possible ID... I couldn't get the still shot to where I wanted it, but it's as close as I could get. At 0:38-0:41 of the 13 minute version of the video, I see who looks like he could be Thomas Barnett:

Name:	TBarnett.png 
Views:	203 
Size:	313.9 KB 
ID:	52093
    I know it may be a stretch, but there's something about a facial expression I caught that made me think it may be him. (again, not in this still, but if you look at the actual video, you can see his face better)

Anyone else see it?

On the first Station Fire thread, there was an effort to ID a lot of people from the videos (preshow and main Butler video). A problem happened when a person was assembling all the pics on a Photobucket account (or similar) then they ended up abandoning the effort. People saved some of the pics, but we may end up having to redo a lot of the ID work.
    And I am still bummed about that! Dallasdawn had a program that picked apart the video frame by frame, and she was up to 900 and some odd images on Photobucket! She suddenly dropped off of FAD also! I hope nothing happened to her. Those pics were a huge help. If I would have known those pics were going bye bye, I have numerous thumb drives laying around the house that I could have downloaded the pics to, and I could have thrown them on Photobucket!

Yes, I do believe Joe Kinan is seen, but I forget at what time in the fire video. In the pre-fire video, he is seen at 6:46, around the time Brian Butler turns to leave the place. He has a short haircut and is wearing a black leather vest.
    Yes, that is most definitely Joe Kinan. To me, it looks like he grabbed someone, like "Let's go" and started toward the exit. Probably Karla Bagtaz?

Ok, just caught something else. I'm binging tonight.

This guy (Adam Tanzi?):

Name:	ATanzi.png 
Views:	241 
Size:	351.7 KB 
ID:	52099
    Appears to be the same guy as here:

Name:	ATanziDoorway.png 
Views:	246 
Size:	189.1 KB 
ID:	52100
    So, if that IS the same guy, then he was at the second set of interior doors at 1:19 in the clip... which means that most likely, those who were behind him didn't make it out. At least not out the front door.

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderAmander View Post
    Yes, that is most definitely Joe Kinan. To me, it looks like he grabbed someone, like "Let's go" and started toward the exit. Probably Karla Bagtaz?

This guy (Adam Tanzi?):

So, if that IS the same guy, then he was at the second set of interior doors at 1:19 in the clip... which means that most likely, those who were behind him didn't make it out. At least not out the front door.
    Please combine these posts, otherwise it will be considered spamming, or padding the thread, which is against Rule 6.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by Squishy View Post
    And I am still bummed about that! Dallasdawn had a program that picked apart the video frame by frame, and she was up to 900 and some odd images on Photobucket! She suddenly dropped off of FAD also! I hope nothing happened to her. Those pics were a huge help. If I would have known those pics were going bye bye, I have numerous thumb drives laying around the house that I could have downloaded the pics to, and I could have thrown them on Photobucket!
    Don't worry, that won't happen with the Google drives, I'm not going anywhere. Plus as a backup, my brother who also posts here has access to the accounts.

36. 12-23-2014, 02:02 PM

I'm sorry that Nancy Noyse was injured in the fire, but she sure took it in good spirits.

Yuck Guest
    I was wondering if you'll know of other situation similar to the station fire ( coverage, shocking video, mystery) . Could be anything doesn't need to be a tragedy could be any form of death. Hope i'm allowed to post this being of topic.

Yuck Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Noelle1966 View Post
    You know, Yuck, it sure does look like Joe at :34. I could be wrong, but it really does look like him. Welcome to the thread!
    Thank you for the warm welcome noelle.

i don't think there is audio, available to us anyway, of the woman calling from the restroom. I don't know if I could listen to that knowing that those two women knew that they were trapped and that it was over for them. There may be audio or at least a transcript out there that I'm unaware of. And yes, that's Joe at 0:34. I was trying to get a list going of all the victims and survivors that make appearances in the videos.
    Frank if you were able to get a list of the victims seen in the video that would be awesome. we would all be forever indebted to your hard work.

Yuck Guest
    "A 34-year-old West Warwick man is facing charges of felony narcotics possession after he allegedly snorted a few lines of cocaine in the bathroom at Grille on Main on Friday night.

Police said Adam Vincent Tanzi, 34, of 115 Gough Ave., went into the bathroom with another man and they were seen by another patron as they cut a small amount of cocaine on top of a painted cabinet. "
    This has to be the same adam tanzi. I dont know him personally but he lives up the street from me. I live in west warwick. Where the fire took place. Wasn't sure if that man survived or not. Guess he did lol

Yes, Yuck it was Adam Tanzi. I don't condone what he did, but the people at The Station dealt with their experience in different ways.

Yuck Guest
    I dont judge people who do drugs. I've done my fair share of drugs. To me a person who does drugs isn't always a bad person, in fact some of the best people i know are addicted to something.
    I just read in the forum heroes who have commented or been interviewed and it says Joseph Ferreira. My last name is ferreira and i have a cousin name joe ferreira. I might ask him today on facebook if that was him. Never heard anything about him being there that night. I would love to pick his brain about it. Might share some things he wouldnt say in public.

43. 12-25-2014, 10:59 AM

Who narcs on someone snorting a line in the bathroom? I could see if they were being belligerent or something...but that just seems in poor taste (as is snorting a line in a bathroom lol).

This guy (Adam Tanzi?):

Yes, it is Adam. Check out the old thread, he was discussed a lot... complete with the same pics & additional pics of him inside at the bar before the fire.

I did start a clickable alphabetical list of victims of the fire on the former thread, I'll have to get back to it.

Just a note: MANY survivors had drug & alcohol issues some even took their own lives following the fire. I'm not even remotely surprised considering the horror they all lived through...
    Last edited by LLC; 12-30-2014 at 07:59 AM.

LLC - Welcome back! I've missed you! Yes, totally agree on how people handled the tragedy. We all have different ways of handling stress and this was far beyond stress.

Quote Originally Posted by LLC View Post
    Yes, it is Adam. Check out the old thread, he was discussed a lot... complete with the same pics & additional pics of him inside at the bar before the fire.

I did start a clickable alphabetical list of victims of the fire on the former thread, I'll have to get back to it.

Just a note: MANY survivors had drug & alcohol issues some even took their own lives following the fire. I'm not even remotely surprised considering the horror they all lived through...
    Howdy LLC!!! I've gotten to know a lady whose fiance survived the fire only to commit suicide some time later. I can't even imagine what lived inside the heads of those who survived.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Howdy LLC!!! I've gotten to know a lady whose fiance survived the fire only to commit suicide some time later. I can't even imagine what lived inside the heads of those who survived.
    It is so easy to tell people to be happy they made it out with their lives.
    Last edited by Squishy; 12-30-2014 at 03:42 PM. Reason: Okay LLC, I fixed it :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Noelle1966 View Post
    LLC - Welcome back! I've missed you! Yes, totally agree on how people handled the tragedy. We all have different ways of handling stress and this was far beyond stress.
    Quote Originally Posted by maryd View Post
    Hey guys!...I'm always here just haven't posted much lately

It is so easy to tell people to be happy they made it out with their lives.
    Hi Squish...did someone say that or did I miss something?

Nonetheless, I agree...

Correct me if I am wrong, Squishy, but does it seem in the video that people have a look of relief when they get out of that building. I can see what appears to be relief on some people's faces, but I think after the initial relief, the shock often kicked in. I just cannot imagine being in that situation and making it out in one piece. It kind of gives that question of "why did I survive and others didn't?"

What some of the survivors may have seen before leaving the building, and what was seen in that doorway, and what was not caught on camera. I wasn't being bitter or sarcastic. Just saying I can understand how people can fall into a downward spiral after going through something like that. That's all.

What some of the survivors may have seen before leaving the building, and what was seen in that doorway, and what was not caught on camera. I wasn't being bitter or sarcastic. Just saying I can understand how people can fall into a downward spiral after going through something like that. That's all.

Ah yes Squish....that's what I thought you meant...

And I agree 100%. I have to say if it were me...I am absolutely sure I would have a hard time carrying on and the spiral would be endless.

Yes, Squish I sure do agree with you. I honestly don't know how I would handle all of it.

54. 12-31-2014, 01:29 PM

HouseAtreides Guest
    I'm from Cambridge, Massachusetts and was 12-years-old and on my way to school in the morning when my mom told me what happened. She told me the basics, that 100 people died, that there was a "pileup" in the doorway, and then later that day I read several news articles on the fire but that was all. I didn't know or comprehend the sheer horror of the night. Then last year, on the 10th anniversary of the tragedy, I stumbled upon the famous video on YouTube and was traumatized...but also obsessed. My obsession comes in cycles - I'll remember the incident, rewatch the video, be traumatized by it all over again, and do as much reading on the incident as possible. Then I'll forget about it. Months later I'll repeat it - find the video again, watch over and over again the parts of the "pile" burning, try to make out shapes of people in the flames, try to imagine what they might have been feeling/thinking, etc. The first time I saw the video I couldn't get the images and the screams of bloody murder out of my head, especially the woman screaming "I'm burning! I'm BURNING!!!" and then the screams that get so high pitched they become more of a gurgle. It was obvious that that person was on fire due to the sounds she was making. You can hear them in the YouTube video entitled "The Station Nightclub Fire (Clear Audio)" I actually wound up having to talk to somebody about what I'd seen.

Welcome HouseAtreides! It certainly is a difficult video to watch and listen to.