Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 27343536
Results 1,751 to 1,762 of 1762

Thread: Station Nightclub fire in West Warwick, Rhode Island 2

Quote Originally Posted by Noelle1966 View Post
    This is going to sound weird, but does anyone have any dreams that they were there that night? I have some dreams about it, but I have never been to Rhode Island in my life. I had to stop watching the video because I was starting to have some really bad dreams.
    Hi Noelle, would you consider yourself an empath? If you easily can pick up on other's emotions, then it's totally understandable as to why you'd have dreams about the Station like you have. Or, maybe it's just the fact that the video is nightmare fuel (literally) and you've invested emotions into the event. I think it's normal, but I don't blame you for not wanting to watch the footage anymore!

Hi Gangó
    Just got back from another memorable anniversary in West Warwick.
    Will go into more detail soon once I get my shit together here.
    Talked to 2 survivors Iíd never met before: Theresa Labree and Paul Pelletier.

Jimmy D. and Carpenter were great to hang with in person. Good talkers, good listeners, and both full of a natural empathy. Weíre so lucky to have them here. Talk soon.
    BSóJimmy, your bus shot is coming very soon.

Bill, I'm so glad you guys all got to meet. I am going to make it a goal of mine to get there for the 20th anniversary memorial. Looking forward to hearing more of all your stories.

Thanks Bill, OMG - I can see how he made it out now. That's a Vanhool Coach, very familiar with those to operate, great vehicle. Must have been a specialized band tour bus to have a dish back then. I can see

him

in there just totally in shock. Give him credit for moving that behemoth . I operate a MCI Coach for the VA and an Vanhool for my part time gig. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160525_123535.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	191.9 KB 
ID:	55136Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rollie & I.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	152.4 KB 
ID:	55137

Well thanks for the pic, I am glad they got in out cause if that went up too that could have been really bad for the rescuers. Keep on roll'in & stay safe everyone Jimmy D

Hi all -- It's hard to know where to start with the 18th Anniversary. Think I'll give a broad overview of the experience and then gradually fill in some of the details soon. Yeah, COVID probably kept some away this year. And the winter weather.

I talked to several survivors and witnesses I've spent time with before: Gina Russo, Jody King, Brandon Fravala, Dave Fravala, Brian Loftus, Dave Brennan, and Geno Goguen. And Jim Paolucci, owner of The Cowesett Inn, as well as his sister, Lori.

Survivors whom I spoke with for the first time: Theresa Labree, Paul Pelletier, and (by phone) Mike Magee.
    I heard later that Matt Dussault was at the Memorial around noon, but I guess he couldn't bring himself to get out of his car. Also, I met this gal Jessica something--I want to say Sherman--who was supposed to waitress/bartend that night until Dina DeMaio (D) volunteered to take her place. It almost sounds like Dina wanted to work on her 30th birthday; possibly because she'd see more of her friends that night by working at The Station than not.

Family members and friends, etc. of the 100 deceased whom I got to talk to: Kevin Anderson Jr.; Sarah Ballard; Linda Suffoletto's mother; two of Katie O'Donnell's brothers (one visiting the site for the first time); Abbie Hoisington's mother, Bonnie; Beth Mosczynski's niece; Pete (a fireman, now retired, who was there that night); a friend of Keith Mancini's; Tina Ayer's fiancee, Bruce; devoted friends of Becky Shaw's; an old classmate of Kevin Washburn's; and, finally, another first-responding fireman (now retired) who'd moved down to Tennesse only to encounter health issues and now used a multi-footed cane.

More on this soon. Take care all.

Quote Originally Posted by billoween View Post
    Hi all -- It's hard to know where to start with the 18th Anniversary. Think I'll give a broad overview of the experience and then gradually fill in some of the details soon. Yeah, COVID probably kept some away this year. And the winter weather.

I talked to several survivors and witnesses I've spent time with before: Gina Russo, Jody King, Brandon Fravala, Dave Fravala, Brian Loftus, Dave Brennan, and Geno Goguen. And Jim Paolucci, owner of The Cowesett Inn, as well as his sister, Lori.

Survivors whom I spoke with for the first time: Theresa Labree, Paul Pelletier, and (by phone) Mike Magee.
    I heard later that Matt Dussault was at the Memorial around noon, but I guess he couldn't bring himself to get out of his car. Also, I met this gal Jessica something--I want to say Sherman--who was supposed to waitress/bartend that night until Dina DeMaio (D) volunteered to take her place. It almost sounds like Dina wanted to work on her 30th birthday; possibly because she'd see more of her friends that night by working at The Station than not.

Family members and friends, etc. of the 100 deceased whom I got to talk to: Kevin Anderson Jr.; Sarah Ballard; Linda Suffoletto's mother; two of Katie O'Donnell's brothers (one visiting the site for the first time); Abbie Hoisington's mother, Bonnie; Beth Mosczynski's niece; Pete (a fireman, now retired, who was there that night); a friend of Keith Mancini's; Tina Ayer's fiancee, Bruce; devoted friends of Becky Shaw's; an old classmate of Kevin Washburn's; and, finally, another first-responding fireman (now retired) who'd moved down to Tennesse only to encounter health issues and now used a multi-footed cane.

More on this soon. Take care all.
    Bill, I'm really looking forward to hearing about your conversations with all the survivors and family/friends. Especially the old classmate of Kevin Washburn, you know he holds a special place in my heart for some reason. <3 The fireman who moved down to TN, are his health issues at all due to the fire?

Great "insider" stuff to hear, Billoween. And awesome pics, Cigar. It seems that everyone here has something to bring to the table concerning this tragedy.

Thanks Lt. Frank, CommAm & Bill My pleasure to provide some pics, I hope to make it down there again once the snow is melted and take some more details pics and see how I am going to display the Veterans

recognition near the stone displays. We also have badges on metal sticks that may last longer than cloth flags. I'll be sure to post when I go down in the next couple of weeks to try it out. In the meantime if anyone

has any other info on Veteran status, please let me know - we have 2 so far. Mr. King & Mr. Woodmansee . Stay safe Jimmy D

Hello, billoween.
    Has this forum ever come up in conversations with any of the survivors and witnesses you've met?
    I'm curious if Gina Russo is aware of it's existence.

Maybe you recall the story of Station survivors Mike Magee and Geno Goguen. Mike had intercepted Geno, just as this friend emerged from the restroom corridor, and he told him, "Look, the place is on fire!" Immediately, then, Mike helped up an unknown woman who'd tripped while descending the steps from the elevated area.

As Mike and Geno saw that exiting with the crowd--now pressing toward the front--looked more and more impossible, Mike stalled near the back bar, racking his brain for a Plan B. Finally, he remembered the kitchen door. But still, it was a close call; the first hot wave of black smoke was coming fast, and halfway through their flight along the dart room wall it caught up with them.

Mike could no longer see the dart room door leading to the kitchen exit. But he had taken just enough of a mental snapshot, before being blinded, to allow him to find it anyway. Geno, though, was somewhere off behind him. So Mike started screaming "Geno!" again and again until Geno showed up to follow him through the first door and then out the kitchen exit.

--Well, I got to talk with Mike Magee over the phone recently--Geno Goguen set us up. And, in fact, we talked for the whole length of his commute home from his job as a truck technician in Orlando, Florida.

--Here are some of the highlights:

*Mike, now 55, credited a couple of things for giving him the kitchen door idea. As a former bouncer, he said that in a club situation he "sees a lot of things that others don't." And what he remembered seeing (and hearing) happened months earlier, in November, when he and his wife were at The Station for a Van Halen tribute band. That night he'd noticed a man making a racket while dragging garbage plus cans and bottles out a back door.

*The night of the fire, while Magee awaited Geno's return from the restroom, he recognized someone else: Chad Ochs, from Narragansett, RI. (This fits in well with statements from Chad's wife, Angela Ochs, about how Chad and Ed Nobles had left her and Cynthia Nobles on the dance floor to go visit the men's room just before GW was to take the stage.)

*He's afraid that the girl he helped up never made it out alive.

*Mike remembers pretty clearly the moment that he and Geno became separated: in the chaos, the waitress Dina DeMaio had unintentionally bumped in between them. (That dove-tails well with the statement of Irina Gershelis, the shot-girl, who saw Dina rush off to the club's main office first to try and retrieve her stuff; possibly her coat, her purse, or even birthday presents from that night.). This most likely makes Mike the last person to see DeMaio alive.

*Once out of the club, Mike right away moved his Chevy Cavalier from the Station's parking lot. He'd guessed that it would only be in the way for what was to come. He swung it across the street, to a handicapped spot near the front of The Cowesett Inn. (Later, they couldn't leave that spot until a fire hose had been removed.)

*Three years after the fire, Mike was visiting the site when he got into a conversation there. It was with a guy who eventually confessed to Mike that he'd been one of the medical examiners there on that night. He told Mike, in fact, that Ty Longley had been "one of his."

*Lastly, Mike Magee told me something quite strange: His grandparents had been in line to enter the Cocoanut Grove only minutes before that tragic fire ignited that club on the night of 11-28-42.

I enlarged the photo and zoomed it in. I am not sure if I was seeing Mr. Biechele, but I did see someone with glasses on the driver's side of the bus. I cannot imagine the horror going through Dan Biechele's head over what he started into motion. It was all the perfect storm.
    The reason a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail instead of his tongue.

Cigar Dad - whatís up Jimmy? Hey, I have another one of the 100 who served: Charline Gingras-Fick (or sometimes itís just Charline Fick). She was a mechanic in the Army years before the fire.

Noelle - I think I can help you see Biechele. See the bright yellow light in the bus? Thatís hitting his forehead and his eyes are right beneath.

CWC - thatís a great question. But no, it hasnít come up, that I can recall. Iíve alluded to some about aforum on-line where the fire is intensely discussed, but no one so far has ever asked me how exactly to go there. Most of the survivors donít seem to want to know too much; just stuff thatís pertinent to their personal trajectory that night.
    And itís funny you mentioned Gina Russo, because sheís different; she is more interested in details than most. Sheís all in on the idea that remembering is vital to the healing.
    I vaguely remember her acknowledging itís existence once. But a group of them do hang on a private Facebook site. Some of them even did group therapy together after the fire, and found it to be the most helpful thing of all; they all understood the trauma of the night, for sure.

[QUOTE=billoween;1563834]Cigar Dad - what’s up Jimmy? Hey, I have another one of the 100 who served: Charline Gingras-Fick (or sometimes it’s just Charline Fick). She was a mechanic in the Army years before the fire.

Noelle - I think I can help you see Biechele. See the bright yellow light in the bus? That’s hitting his forehead and his eyes are right beneath.

Thanks Bill - I hadn't gotten to the G/F's yet, I am actually trying to do a alphabetic search of all the names and reading background to find any service related info. The VA info portal is very helpful with this. So 3 so far, I'll bet the farm there's more, we'll

see. Noelle - from what I could see when I blew up the photo it def looks like Mr. Biechele behind the wheel from photos of him. I give him big credit moving that monster, I have driven similar vehicles ( I posted a couple of photos of my vehicles I drive #1752

post ) and it ain't no " jump in and go ". Well the search continues and when I go back in a few weeks I'll be sure to post some more photos of the memorial without snow cover. Be well Jimmy D

One last funny item - My grandparents use to go to the Coconut Grove on occasion to see shows with friends / They were in Italy when it happened and they lost quite a few friends in that fire

CWC - that’s a great question. But no, it hasn’t come up, that I can recall. I’ve alluded to some about aforum on-line where the fire is intensely discussed, but no one so far has ever asked me how exactly to go there. Most of the survivors don’t seem to want to know too much; just stuff that’s pertinent to their personal trajectory that night.
    And it’s funny you mentioned Gina Russo, because she’s different; she is more interested in details than most. She’s all in on the idea that remembering is vital to the healing.
    I vaguely remember her acknowledging it’s existence once. But a group of them do hang on a private Facebook site. Some of them even did group therapy together after the fire, and found it to be the most helpful thing of all; they all understood the trauma of the night, for sure.
    Yeah, I've known Gina since the 80's (we've since grown apart) but she did tell me once that it helps her to talk about that night but I wouldn't feel comfortable mentioning this place to her.