Page 25 of 43 FirstFirst ... 16232425262734 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,250 of 2148

Thread: Station Nightclub fire in West Warwick, Rhode Island 2

Quote Originally Posted by dionyzus View Post
    That was weird, I had to change the color of your text to read it Frank.

I'm still here. Life is busy for me, but I'm loving all the activity lately. Frank, your work is much appreciated. Bill, love all the anecdotes. Amanda, great to see the first of hopefully many screenshots from the new Barylick/Butler video. Let's keep this going!

Lt. Frank - Please don't leave!...we need you.

I bet most here were in awe of your ability to trace the trajectory of the Nobles/Ochs from that night. (the 3 bracelets!)

But we are on-line, a chilly venue sometimes for showing much emotion or even giving feedback.

Plus, as Amanda alluded to, there are only a few of us diehards here at any one time now. And everyone seems to have a different saturation point with this sad-as-fuck material.

Also, we all get wow-ed by different things. Some are into the greed and negligence theme; some want to peer into the worst of the horror of it all; and Dion is right, I'm most into the narrative angle.

If you ever want to PM me some time, I must have 10 yearbooks from high schools in that area; most from the 90's, with some familiar names. I'll send them to you, no sweat. These would be a real sleep-killer for you, for sure.

Oh, and someone has a lot of Station Nightclub photos on a Pinterest site, with loads of people we don't always get to see.

So take a break whenever you need...just don't leave...Besides, it's February. And nobody gets to leave in February!

In all honesty, I won't leave. I have too much of a vested interest in this incident. I was basically there, just one week prior and in a different venue. If I were to place where I was at the show on 2/13/2003, it would be where Mike Ricardi was. Almost close enough to get a handslap from Ty Longley when he came to that side of the stage to do a ballad. I think frustration got the best of me when I made that post. I've been trying to get a pic of Matthew James Dussault, but failed, and also Brianna Noel Quarry, but also failed. And thanks to you, Billoween, I feel confident that I ID'ed Angela Ochs and Cynthia Nobles. Your telling of where they were in the club and that they were the first to make an escape attempt really helped. Did some more digging and voila!, I found who I was looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderAmander View Post
    I hope it’s ok that I’m posting twice in a row, as it’s been a few days. 路*♀️

Forgive me if this has been discussed before, but Joe Kinan has been ID’d in the video, right? You see him as the camera pans away from the stage while BB starts moving toward the door. He grabs who I can only assume is Karla Bagtaz and starts heading toward the door...
    You're fine. The rule is to not post two comments less than 30 minutes apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Frank Drebin View Post
    Thank you for giving me that back story. The trouble I'm running into here is the lack of interest on IDing those involved. Most want to know and see who died. I put in a lot of work into IDing who I believe to be Cynthia Nobles and Angela Ochs, as well as many other survivors, but no ensuing interest. Crickets. I think we keep going over the same people in the videos round-and-round because of a lack of genuine interest. So am I doing this for my own edification? If no one gives a damn, why should I be doing this when I could be doing something else constructive? What happened to those genuinely interested? Billoween and RodentLady seem to be the only ones truly interested. Pathetic.

You cannot expect everyone to be as passionate as you are. How long ago was this fire? A few days lacking seventeen years? and there is just so much information available. And after so many years, it's reasonable for people to go on to other events. You three and one or to more are an integral part of this thread, otherwise it might get buried under new threads and threads that are rehashed without complaint. And keep in mind that what is repeat info to you is fresh to new readers, and they appreciate everything they learn.

From my years as a Brandon Lee resource, I understand how frustrating it can be when people seem to lose interest, but I still have a blog and a FB group about him because I am devoted his story, just as you are devoted Station Nightclub.
    Last edited by cindyt; 02-07-2020 at 10:48 PM.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

But administrator cindyt . . . the way I view it, we've actually just started to scratch the surface of available Station Fire information.

And then there'll be the uncovering of the UN-available Station Fire info.

For me there's another, say, 400 people to talk to before I'm going to rest easy. And then--what will my future hold?--joining the Tragedy of the Titanic thread?--or maybe something like, "The Suspicious Death of TV's Larry Hagman"?

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderAmander View Post
    I hope it’s ok that I’m posting twice in a row, as it’s been a few days. 路*♀️

Forgive me if this has been discussed before, but Joe Kinan has been ID’d in the video, right? You see him as the camera pans away from the stage while BB starts moving toward the door. He grabs who I can only assume is Karla Bagtaz and starts heading toward the door...
    Thank you for giving me that back story. The trouble I'm running into here is the lack of interest on IDing those involved. Most want to know and see who died. I put in a lot of work into IDing who I believe to be Cynthia Nobles and Angela Ochs, as well as many other survivors, but no ensuing interest. Crickets. I think we keep going over the same people in the videos round-and-round because of a lack of genuine interest. So am I doing this for my own edification? If no one gives a damn, why should I be doing this when I could be doing something else constructive? What happened to those genuinely interested? Billoween and RodentLady seem to be the only ones truly interested. Pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by billoween View Post
    But administrator cindyt . . . the way I view it, we've actually just started to scratch the surface of available Station Fire information.

And then there'll be the uncovering of the UN-available Station Fire info.

For me there's another, say, 400 people to talk to before I'm going to rest easy. And then--what will my future hold?--joining the Tragedy of the Titanic thread?--or maybe something like, "The Suspicious Death of TV's Larry Hagman"?
    You guys know more about it than I do. Don't ever give up. Good luck.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Billoween- I love that you do that for Jeff Rader! It’s funny, it’s almost like we get special attachments to certain people in the fire. For example, I have a soft spot for Kevin Washburn. Maybe because I spotted him in the pre show video? Or that he had a premonition that he wouldn’t live past 30 and seemed like an all around sweet guy? Who knows. But I stopped and touched his stone when I was there and spent an extra moment with it. I was the only one there that day in the park. It was a moving experience.

Also, Lt. Frank- that’s crazy that you were thisclose to this whole awful mess. I forget, did they use pyro at the show you were at?

Here’s a thought provoking topic for everyone: What do you think happened to Ty Longley? Did he go back in for his guitar like some rumors say? Did he even make it out at all? I’d love to hear everyone’s thoughts.
    Last edited by CommanderAmander; 02-08-2020 at 04:24 PM.

Thanks Amanda--yeah, I always wonder who will see the cigarette and understand. Guess most of us here on the roundtable would.

Actually, I'm finding that most of us here know more about this fire than the people who went through it. So far, I haven't met any survivors who are of a mind to pour through the RIAG materials. Or who want to curl up with Killer Show over a weekend. For them, I gather it's generally too painful; too remindful. Books, etc. tend to recreate the event, and "a recreation" isn't what most survivors are seeking. What the survivors seem to know--and be stuck with--is the visceral/emotional experience of that night, and that fear stays imbedded deep in their wiring.

On a lighter note, I loved Amanda's confession of her "soft spot" for Kevin Washburn. I guess mine would be Tom Barnett and Edward Corbett. And Stacie Angers and Jude Henault. Do these individuals somehow convey a personality we might unconsciously identify with?

Regarding Ty Longley's actions--well, even though those Ty rumors are persistent, I'm more convinced of his real final minute by a combination of witness testimony and Providence Journal accounts.

We know Ty was best friends with Trip's road manager Bill Long. And Long says that Ty jumped off the stage to join him in escaping. When they felt the crush of folks heading to the front doors, they veered over to the atrium. Long says he tried to kick out a plexiglass window but failed.

"Ty was right there in front of my face. He wanted to save me...I saw him holding his guitar, saying, 'C'mon buddy, c'mon, let's go!' "

Long asked Ty for his guitar, to smash the window, but then someone on the outside shouted, "Anyone in there?," and the crowd rushed towards the voice and knocked Long out a lower portion of the atrium's north-south window, opposite the front stairs. In the chaos, Ty just never made it out. And we see a zombie-fied Long looking all lost on the Butler video.

Lt. Frank - regarding your great M. Bump find: sure looks like a match to me. Also, I have seen Prunier called "Kathy" instead of "Cathren."

I do know that Matt Dussault was a car body man, and that at some point he moved from Coventry to North Kingstown.

The fact that the guy at the railing in the pre-show--whom I've cautiously referred to as Matt Dussault--has the camera (Nikon?) in his left hand that matches the camera that Kristen McQuarrie was know to have brought along--well that's what is convincing me that that guy probably is Dussault. But I'm hoping your search for a photo of him pays off eventually. If you can't find one probably no one can.

I do have to add this: when you look at McQuarrie's photos, some seem to have been taken from that same vantage spot at the railing. ??

Amanda - Yes, the show I was at on 2/13/2003 did have pyro. It was really bright. I remember partially shielding my face and turning to my friends to comment on how bright it was.

Billoween - I'm wondering if this is the same woman. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Prunier4_LI.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	123.1 KB 
ID:	54939Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Prunier3.png 
Views:	161 
Size:	166.9 KB 
ID:	54940 The woman who turns to the camera when Tracy King puts his hand on her shoulder looks like she could be Cathren Prunier. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Prunier2.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	34.2 KB 
ID:	54941 If that is the same woman in the two screenshots, then that could very well be Cathren Prunier next to "Milisa Bump", leaving the blonde girl in the red shirt to be Tammy Denno.

Two questions - Does anyone know where Luis Bolarinho was located and if he is known to have been seen in the video(s)? Anyone know how old survivor Anthony "Tony" Perry was at the time of the fire?

Regarding Ty Longley's actions--well, even though those Ty rumors are persistent, I'm more convinced of his real final minute by a combination of witness testimony and Providence Journal accounts.

We know Ty was best friends with Trip's road manager Bill Long. And Long says that Ty jumped off the stage to join him in escaping. When they felt the crush of folks heading to the front doors, they veered over to the atrium. Long says he tried to kick out a plexiglass window but failed.

"Ty was right there in front of my face. He wanted to save me...I saw him holding his guitar, saying, 'C'mon buddy, c'mon, let's go!' "

Long asked Ty for his guitar, to smash the window, but then someone on the outside shouted, "Anyone in there?," and the crowd rushed towards the voice and knocked Long out a lower portion of the atrium's north-south window, opposite the front stairs. In the chaos, Ty just never made it out. And we see a zombie-fied Long looking all lost on the Butler video.
    Billoween, I didn't know this! Thank you for sharing that info, I had not heard it before. It makes it so much sadder in a way...

Lt. Frank- that's so scary that you were witness to the pyro. You said the venue was similar to the Station as well, right? Dark, low ceilings, etc.? Also, I agree that that woman looks to be Cathren Prunier. Same facial features, just a bit older now.

Don't forget there were very passionate people in the original thread, who stopped coming due to certain things going on in the old thread if you look back at the original thread Mammy, LLC, and a few others such as myself were actually identifying people and finding information.

I hear you, Pks. Yeah, those were my lurking days, but I haven't forgotten all the teamwork on display at the time. I'm just feeling lucky now that we have an ID hawk like Lt. Frank on the case. He's relentless and thorough in what can be a frustrating process.

Luis A. Bolarinho, 33, was a "husky man" and a contractor with South Coast Builders of New Bedford, MA. He went to the show with Shawn Lourenco, Jose Ferreira, and Paulo Chibante. He says he was way up front by the left speaker when the fire broke out.

He opened the latch on the far left bar window--got momentarily hung up on the sill--then got propelled out by all the force from the people behind him. He says he then helped quite a few others get out that same window.

Anthony "Tony" Perry was 35 and he says he was near the soundboard after Trip's set. Eric Rego, the friend he was with, also said they were near the soundboard, but he goes on to say that they were "7 feet from the stage."

I guess there's all kinds of ways to be "near the soundboard," but if they were that close to the stage, they might have been more like in front of the soundboard.

Remember, too, there was a small light board in front of the soundboard, and I've seldom, if ever, read a survivor's description that distinguishes between the two.

When Butler shows Tracy King and Mario Giamei joshing around at the soundboard, Butler says he was right where the lightboard operator would soon need to be sitting. Barylick has the boards reversed on the chart he shows in the recent find of his Tort Museum lecture.

Amanda - I don't recall the ceilings being as low as The Station's, but it was a similar venue. Main bar was where the Station's atrium was (and up a step, not down a step); left wall had those garage door kind of doors that could be opened to an outside patio; restrooms were actually to the right of the stage and behind (The Station's band door area). I saw many shows there from 2001 to 2007. They had a rap concert in their later years > brawl broke out > lost their liquor license > never really recovered after that > was demolished two years ago.

Billoween - Once again, thank you for the info. I watched the pre-fire video again and saw this guy: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bolarinho_LI.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	123.8 KB 
ID:	54944 and I immediately thought he resembled this guy, Luis Bolarinho, pictured in 2010:Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bolarinho_Luis_2010.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	14.5 KB 
ID:	54945. What do you all think?

And Catherine Randall - Pezzelli was seen outside running her hands through her hair and discovering that she was bleeding and calling for "Paul". Is this also her and "Paul"? Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pezzelli_LI.jpg 
Views:	212 
Size:	117.2 KB 
ID:	54946 Paul Pezzelli in 2011:Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pezzelli_Paul_2011.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	41.7 KB 
ID:	54947

One big question: Where can I find the clearest "fire" video? This gravelly video sucks.

Billoween - Once again, thank you for the info. I watched the pre-fire video again and saw this guy: and I immediately thought he resembled this guy, Luis Bolarinho, pictured in 2010: What do you all think?
    I think that's a good possibility! You have such a good eye, you're always catching little things that no one else has. Is this the same guy, you think?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	StationSS.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	33.9 KB 
ID:	54948

As far as the clear version of the video... unfortunately I think we are SOL unless someone from the news station uploads to YouTube. And that's probably not going to happen, since they have removed so many of the ones that were up there. On a side note, I have an old high school friend on Facebook who is also friends with Brian Butler. I wish I could somehow use that to my advantage!
    Last edited by CommanderAmander; 02-12-2020 at 11:26 AM.

Hi gang-

I highly recommend the video from the RIAG. It's the same one I cited some 20 posts back; I used it to locate the Randall/Pezzelli twosome. (The Station Fire.mpg)

I was assuming that everyone here has it, but maybe I'm wrong. I'm sure Dion would be willing to re-post the RIAG on Google Drive link. It does take a certain amount of memory--not sure how much. I know I wouldn't even be here without it, because as you probably know I'm a witness report nut.

Lt. Frank--Love the Prunier comparisons. I think you can put another notch in your ID belt. I think you've got Bolarinho and the Randall/Pezzelli's as well.

Amanda--Geez, that guy looks like Bolarinho too. I'm just not sure his location agrees with the witness report. Good eye on your part, nonetheless.

I'm so excited about the anniversary. I have a room for 2 nights and I've already put aside my long underwear. Sorry, maybe TMI.
    Last edited by billoween; 02-12-2020 at 12:27 PM.

I'm so excited about the anniversary. I have a room for 2 nights and I've already put aside my long underwear. Sorry, maybe TMI.
    Ha! I miss having to wear long underwear, lol. Are you going by yourself, Billoween? Is there usually a good turnout by the survivors? One of the survivors I've spoken to at length said it's hard for him to remain so involved after all these years, but he does try to attend events when he can.

Amanda - I am going alone, but I'm lucky enough to know all kinds of folks there now, including a dozen survivors and more and more friends and family-of-the-deceased, and a Captain in the Warwick Police Department. I don't believe there are any special events planned, but people will be dropping by to mingle and pay respects all day. The forecast now is for partly sunny skies and temperatures between 30 (high) and 17 (low). Hello long johns. I'll take notes. Hope Mike Vargas can make it again. The most intense group is the one that will be there at 11:07. They cry, they laugh, they drink, they smoke, they tell stories.

Lt. Frank - I have the GW tour list, so I see you saw them at their 12th show (with The Station being the 16th). So here's what I'm curious about: did you see them do the pyro at the end, too? By the way, I see that the tour had a name; it was called the "For You Tour."

I'd love to attend the memorial at some point, alas I live in the middle of Western Canada, so it's a bit of a long trip to get there...

Regarding video quality, I really wish a master quality version would be released, but yeah the TV station obviously is going to make way more money licensing it out to news channels, documentaries, etc. than they would releasing it publicly so I doubt it'll ever happen which is really too bad. I wonder how the crappy quality footage got out in the first place? My guess is maybe people taping it and then digitizing it back when it was first broadcast, as the quality of digital videos was much much lower back then.

Speaking of IDs, there's a photo by Daniel Davidson of the crowd during Trip's set (this one), as far as I know it's the only shot of the crowd at this particular show outside the Butler videos. Were there ever any IDs made or attempted? It's mostly the backs of people's heads so not the greatest material to work with, but it is much clearer than the Butler video screenshots. There are two people that I think I recognize.

First the guy with the green sweater and sideburns (left of the photo near the stage) who can also be seen in the pre-fire video including the screenshot that Lt. Frank Drebin posted a few days ago while trying to ID Luis Bolarinho, and also very briefly in the fire video walking past the camera after escaping from (presumably) the bar area. I remember someone had ID'd him at some point and posted a video of him playing on a community TV channel with his band a few years later, but I don't remember his name or the details of how he escaped.

The other person I think I recognize in that photo is Joe Kinan, I'm pretty sure that's him in the foreground looking off to the left, just in front of the guy with the ponytail - looks like the same glasses, same haircut, and a peak of a leather jacket under his green hoodie, though I'm not quite 100% certain.

Hi gang-

I highly recommend the video from the RIAG. It's the same one I cited some 20 posts back; I used it to locate the Randall/Pezzelli twosome. (The Station Fire.mpg) […] I'm sure Dion would be willing to re-post the RIAG on Google Drive link.
    Do you mean this post of yours Bill?
    Eureka! I've been able to confirm the identities of two key players from the Butler fire footage.

Okay, go to Drive>Videos>The Station Fire.mpg [13:01]. This must be the 130 MB version that Dion used for his great Butler transcript. His listed times match up perfectly with the video (just ignore those occasional red time-stamps). It has better visual quality, too, than most versions--plus grad A sound.
    If so, this video is already on the Google Drive. I'm not sure what you mean about it coming from the RIAG. I got it from a video torrent site a few years ago. Yes I used its timestamps for my transcript. It was the clearest video I had seen up to that time, and only now have we seen the Barylick video which is clearer (but projected on a screen).

Surely a local history museum should be able to secure the rights to the original Butler video, wouldn't you think? We're about to mark the 17th anniversary of the fire. It is becoming more historical than a current event by now.

Finally, it would be great if you could find out through your friend if Brian Butler knows of any remaining archival copies of his video.

Thank you all.

Hello Everyone,
    I’m a friend of Becky Shaw. I was at the site a year after the fire and just went back for the first time recently. Grief is a tough thing, it’s complicated. I want to thank all of you for what you’ve done here. It’s helped me in so many ways, I can’t even explain. I’ve read the second thread and am half way through the first. The document archive is amazing. I’ve read Killer Show, about to read Gina’s book. All of this is helping me get a hold of this devastating event and finally process it all.

Subarctic--wow, you really are subarctic. Lots of observations; cool--I'm going to have to go through them more thoroughly this weekend.

Dion--Oh, here I thought that video came with the RIAG materials...opps...didn't know you'd fished that out all by your lonesome. Anyway, it has all I could ever want in sound and picture clarity. It's ID city.

Carpenter--so cool you're a friend of Becky Shaw's. And that you could come to this roundtable and reassure us that your experience with it has been so positive. That means a lot.
    PS--Did you ever ride horses with Becky or get to meet Jeff Rader?

The Flashlight

A certain flashlight makes its first appearance, but not its last, clenched in Dan Biechele's teeth as he inspects the flaming foam. (Davidson photo 22003 038.jpg)

Jump ahead only minutes later and Kevin Beese and Joe Barber are yanking people off the pileup on the bar door stairs. When Beese spots Dan Biechele near the dumpster (sitting between the bar and kitchen exits) he notices the flashlight in his hand and yells, "Dan, give me your flashlight, there's people stuck in there still!" Then, as Beese would tell detectives, "he gave it to me and I crawled in on the [bar] floor with Joey Barber."

Dan Biechele: "Somebody asked me for the flashlight. I gave it to him...the [bar] door...was mainly pouring smoke out, and they were screaming to people to come out...and trying to shine the flashlight in, so that [the people] would be able to see it and come to it."

Biechele also told investigators that "he hadn't the foggiest clue" who he gave the flashlight to--"... Somebody that actually knew my name, but I couldn't tell you who it was."

Rodney Gaumitz (survivor and friend to Joe Barber) recalled seeing Kevin Beese getting a flashlight from Biechele which he "shone into the bottom of the bar's doorway [and] then pounded the floor and shouted for people to come to the light."

Michael Carr was stuck on the bar floor, coughing away and trying to keep his shirt over his mouth and his head on the floor. He says he was slithering on his stomach "like a military crawl." And he was making his way toward what looked like a flashlight.

(Boston Globe) "As [Carr] got closer he realized that the person with the light was actually outside the club. 'I'd love to know who it was,' he says. "He probably saved my life.' Carr emerged into the night, black with soot, and with burns on his arms and face."

2-25-03 -- During Kevin Beese's interview with Detective Winman (WWPD) and Detective Dubeau (RISP), he learns that the flashlight has actually been recovered.

----What do you bet that there's a certain flashlight still sitting in a warehouse someplace right now, tagged and stored in an evidence locker. (?)

Billoween-
    Some of this is still really raw, I’ll do my best. I was at the memorial today. I brought one of my oldest friends to show him. It’s so perfect and peaceful.
    I met Becky in September 1997 at Providence Colege. We were inseparable. That was my last semester at PC for various reasons. She remained a close friend during a very difficult time of my life after that.
    I’m going to try and be very respectful here, she means a great deal to me. She is the only person to ever take my keys away and I’m writing this because she didn’t let me go home that one time. I’m here because she MADE me stay that time. There’s a ton of history we had, it was all wonderful and crazy. She got me and I got her. It let us have such fun together even as just friends.
    We stayed in touch by phone later, we always had a number for each other. At the time of the fire, we hadn’t caught up. I only knew about Jeff from what I read in the obituaries. Everyone, I found out she died when I saw her picture on the news when the one year anniversary was coming up.
    We hadn’t caught up.
    We were both living our lives.
    We just hadn’t caught up.
    I’m so sorry.
    I crucified myself for missing her funeral for all these sixteen years. I didn’t know about Jeff’s picture at 45 seconds or that he went back for her until I saw the timeline a couple of weeks ago. I’ve never broken down so badly, I cried on my knees for what seemed like forever. But...
    I got to tell her about the woman who would become my wife. I got to tell Becky how her blue eyes reminded me of her and how her hair was just so like hers. I remember that conversation, it was our last. I got to tell her how special she was and say I love you.

This thing messed up so many lives. I’m not even really involved and it’s wrecked me so badly. Thankfully I have professional help guiding me through. Thankfully there is a memorial I can go to and talk to my friend.

Thanks to everyone here again. I’ll try to answer any questions if you have them as best and respectfully as possible. And that’s a no to horse riding. Lol.

Wow; so much to reply to since my last visit! Billoween, from what I remember, there was pyro at another point in the show as well. Definitely at the beginning and then also later or at the end. I still have my ticket receipt here somewhere. That's awesome that you're communicating with survivors. I only communicated with three through Facebook comments, although Geno Goguen gave me the whole account of his escape. I think it was Rob Harrington that I wanted to talk to about the fire, but instead noticed that he is a Dream Theater fan and instead talked about how former drummer Mike Portnoy lives 3 minutes from me and that I was actually in his house (still starstruck over that). I also briefly chatted with Jeannette Garcia.

Amanda, I don't believe that guy you have circled is L Bolarinho, based on his location in the club. From the side, it does look like it could be him, but I think he would be a little further behind in exiting. And for the Tina Ayer ID, this is who I believe to be Tina Ayer (circled, on the right): Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TinaJackie_LI.jpg 
Views:	210 
Size:	138.3 KB 
ID:	54950

And this is why: Here is Jackie Bernard (with whom she went to the show), pictured the morning after the fire: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bernard_Jackie.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	256.0 KB 
ID:	54951
    Here is a side shot of these two people I believe to be Jackie Bernard and Tina Ayer (survivor Angela Ochs in the foreground with Cynthia Nobles' arm raised): Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TinaAyersJackieBernard_LI.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	118.4 KB 
ID:	54952 What ties Jackie Bernard's ID down , for me, is the white hair clip and the dark fleece with white t-shirt. Jackie and Tina pictured together: Name:  snf%20Tina%20Ayer2.jpg
Views: 1636
Size:  8.4 KBWhat do you all think?

Subarctican - Thanks for that picture! I never saw that before. That does appear to be survivor Jonathan P. Brennan in the background. Can't say for sure that that's Joe Kinan, but it very well could be. It looks like in the "fire video", he's no longer wearing the green jacket. He appears to be in the same location as he was in the "fire" video. That woman smack in the middle of the photo facing that camera immediately made me think of survivor Donna Innamorati Name:  Innamorati_Donna.jpg
Views: 1625
Size:  29.4 KB, but I'm not solid on that.

Welcome, Carpenter! Sorry to hear you lost your friend Becky Shaw in this incident. As you can see, we are passionate about this topic. It seems most of us have connections to it in one way or another.

Glad to see the renewed interest in this tragedy. I sure miss some of the folks from the first thread.
    "When you help someone up a hill, you get that much closer to the top yourself."
    -Anonymous

Subarctic -- thanks for posting that Trip-and-dance-floor shot. I'm too low-tech to do photos so far, but you've put up the exact photo I've wanted to comment on.

The three folks with their backs to us are (R-L) Derrick Silva - Liz Arruda - (long-haired) Tom Marion (D). (going by distinctive hair styles; later newspaper photos; descriptions of locations in the club; descriptions of their clothing; and matching photos on the aforementioned Pinterest site.)

In an hour or less, Liz Arudda will hear these last words from Tom Marion (just before he launches her over people stuck in the front hallway): "Baby, I'm going to get you out of here!" And it will take Silva to finish the rescue, using the front railing for the leverage he needs to pull himself out, and then Arruda, who comes out pretty much naked.

So didn't Jon Brennan, Al DiBonaventura (D), and Nicky O'Neill (D) comprise the local band, Shryne? Brennan has kept that band a-goin' with new members. Google it for photos.

Carpenter -- thanks for talking about your and Becky's time together. Sure sorry it wasn't longer. So weird the way you found out about Becky's death, a year after the Fire. Were there any other familiar names from that night for you?

Lt. Frank -- great documenting of the Tina/Jackie twosome. Jackie is a frequent visitor to The Memorial now. She still feels guilty about losing her grip on Tina in the chaos.

Could anyone near them be William Rancourt, the guy they came with who was a neighbor of Jackie's and who spent a month in RI Hospital. Rancourt said that between bands he caught a CD and that "one of the girls" caught a hat.

I'm thinking that Amanda's "possible Bolarinho" character might be survivor Mark (or Marc) Blevins. Blevins was a Coventry High School English teacher who attended the show with Andrew Hoban (D). This hunch is mostly inspired by Blevins' picture from a 2003 Coventry High School yearbook. And some by a woman I met at The Memorial who told me that her 2 sons really pay attention to exits after having had a Coventry H.S. teacher who was a survivor. (?)

So I did some sleuthing and ended up finding Brian Butler's Facebook profile. He keeps most of it public including his work history, and I was surprised to see that he actually continued working for WPRI up until 2014, and is still in this same line of work today. I think this is yet another indicator that he didn't block people or do anything wrong - he surely would've been fired if the people he worked for believed he was responsible for endangering others and costing their insurance company $30 million. Clearly the settlement was a decision made between lawyers and insurance people way up in the food chain.

As for whether he might have an archival copy as some people were discussing earlier, I very highly doubt that. This stuff was all shot on tape back in those days and would've required making a physical copy of it at some point, and considering what an awful night it must've been for him plus the fact that his name got dragged through the mud over it, I doubt he's got a personal copy lying around at home. Unfortunately I think we'll only ever see a full high quality version of the video if some disgruntled employee leaks it, or John Barylick gets roaringly drunk and accidentally uploads the contents of his laptop online

Another interesting find I've got is an interview with Dave Filice, who was Jack Russell's bass player at the time of the fire. He only discusses the fire for about 3 minutes or so (out of an hour-long interview) but it's an interesting listen nevertheless. The brief discussion about the fire starts around the 10 minute mark: https://soundcloud.com/demian-arriag...er-dave-filice

Aside from his grand jury testimony (which is definitely worth a read) this is the only thing I could find of him discussing his experience with this event. The key points:

• He grew up hearing/seeing Great White on MTV and wasn't a particularly big fan, but had a great time playing the songs
    • It was his first ever job as a touring musician and says it was a great tour up until the night of the fire
    • He describes the fire as a "very very unfortunate event" and "extremely traumatizing" - says he'll never be over it but that he chooses to focus on the good times he had instead

Thankfully he's gone to have quite a rewarding career as a session and touring musician afterwards. Understandably, he doesn't list his experience with Great White/Jack Russell on his resume.

Lt. Frank- Thank you for your condolences. I feel like I know some of you from all this and you have personally done so much. It’s amazing to be here.
    Billoween- There’s so much more.

Finding out was hard. Really hard. It’s why I cry and hurt and hate myself. I know there were circumstances: I had begin dating my future wife. Soon after the last time Becky and I talked, she met Jeff. So here I am in Boston doing my thing and Becky in Warwick doing her thing. I figure Jeff was her one. It reads like they were totally into each other. I bet they were each other’s one. So I can rationalize why we hadn’t caught up. But it hurts so much that I hadn’t called her. Our circles didn’t intersect, we didn’t have mutual friends outside of each other. I missed her funeral, I didn’t know, no one would have known to call me, her folks wouldn’t have known how to reach me. So after going to the site at the year anniversary, I drank that pain away and had to put Becky in the back of my mind. I couldn’t go there, or think of her, it broke me. The video on every anniversary tore me apart. I never dealt with her loss.

Something happened to me this November past. Becky is the only person I could have talked to, the only person I could have reasoned with, she would have brought me back and grounded me again. Instead, things kinda went haywire. Now I’m finally dealing with this. Because of all of you I know what I needed to know: How she died by the ME transcript, that she was identified four days later by medical records, that her Dad represented her estate. I found the books through this. I let myself walk through the fire in my head. I can imagine Jeff looking for Becky at 45 seconds. That look on his face is “Oh no, I can’t find her, we are in trouble, this is not good.” I’ve cleaned that up but I think he knew they were f@cked. I also know they were both dead very soon after that picture. I hope they didn’t feel anything past the inhalation part. It hurts to go there, particularly. Now I know, I can move forward grieving and try to get to celebration and meaning. My journey right now started when I randomly found this forum. You are all special people for keeping the memory alive. I left the card on Becky’s cross that said, “You know our live will not fade away.”

I want to get to better stuff, I’m going to post later. There is a lot I can share that I think deserves to be heard.

re. Butler on facebook, I just found his profile too and noticed he'd posted a clip a year ago of a KISS tribute act with pyro, with it going slightly wrong and the guy's hair catching on fire. He captions it with 'Proud to be part of the rock and roll generation'. In the comments, someone mentions that it must bring back painful memories but he just says "I don't remember much so..."

It struck me as odd in a couple of ways. First to post and not think that it might be a bit Station Firey for people who knew him, then to be so nonchalant about not remembering - everyone experiences trauma differently, but I'm still surprised he would just casually post a video of someone being set on fire by a pyro! It actually made me think a bit differently of his actions on the night (I have always thought he didn't impact the rate of egress but winced on hearing him tell his news team he had it all on video with people dying).

Hello btw, I found about this case in mid-2019 and haven't been able to stop reading about it since!

Hi there Carpenter and welcome to the forum, I am so sorry about your friend, thank you for sharing with us.

Quote Originally Posted by Carpenter View Post
    Lt. Frank- Thank you for your condolences. I feel like I know some of you from all this and you have personally done so much. It’s amazing to be here.
    Billoween- There’s so much more.

I want to get to better stuff, I’m going to post later. There is a lot I can share that I think deserves to be heard.
    Welcome, Carpenter! I too am sorry for the loss of Becky, it sounds like you loved her very much. Thank you for sharing your personal stories, I'm looking forward to more when you feel ready. <3

Also, welcome to Subarctican! It looks like you've done some research as well, it's nice to see new faces here.
    Unfortunately I think we'll only ever see a full high quality version of the video if some disgruntled employee leaks it, or John Barylick gets roaringly drunk and accidentally uploads the contents of his laptop online
    That literally made me LOL! If we were only that lucky for that to happen...

Pkstracy- welcome back!

Helenff- Welcome! You found some interesting info, keep if coming!

Billoween, Well, this is William Rancourt: Name:  Rancourt_William.jpg
Views: 1616
Size:  4.0 KB Sure looks he could be this guy:Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TinaAyersJackieBernard_LI (2).jpg 
Views:	182 
Size:	116.3 KB 
ID:	54956 That's funny, because I often thought this guy looked like William Rancourt, even before you informed me that he was there with J Bernard and Tina Ayer. I can't comment on Marc Blevins since I don't have his picture in my files. You mentioned Michael Carr a little bit ago. Do you know who he was there with?

pkstracy and CommanderAmander-Thank you.
    I'm going to take a moment. I didn't intend on breaking into so much of Providence College in my head. On a more happy note, I actually remembered a bit more that wasn't there before. With Thursday coming up fast, it's all kinda hitting me hard.

This is what I just remembered. Becky and I used to drive around the Elmhurst area outside of PC late night. It's super quiet and residential, perfect for cruising around smoking grass. She was no pot smoker, but wouldn't shy from the opportunity. I was a hippy Dead Head and she was my 80's girl. We drank like true professionals, too. We drove around like crazy, looking at houses, listening to whatever 80's tape she had. My station wagon knew where it was going and we spent hours into the night driving. We would only bicker about music. I was so stubborn, but she could be too. So it would be some live Dead tape, then hit the radio for some 80's, then another tape, then one of her tapes. Smoke a bunch, then a few cigarettes. There was one style of house that she particularly disliked. This swooping "A" front entrance that was sorta common around there. She'd always let out a groan driving by one of those houses and we would chuckle. If I see one of them in my travels, I always think of her. We spent a lot of time in the wagon, then my sedan, just driving and getting away from everything together. At that time, she was the only bit of light I had in my life. I lived for her then. We laughed together so much, talked about everything and absolutely nothing. We got on each other about our tastes in music, always good natured. If she poked fun, it was never cruel or mean. I don't think she could ever be either of those things, regardless of my bias. We were always driving around together. It helps when you have good company. It didn't matter when or where, she was always happy. And yes, she was always done up. Perfect tan, perfect makeup, perfect clothes, perfect hair. Perfect Becky. None of the pictures due her justice. Her blue eyes took my breath away. She ran on her time, too. We may have been late for everything we did together. Honestly, my whole world stopped when I was with her. I did't care if we were late or if we made it at all. It was just her that mattered.

I can't tell you all how much this helps and I want to keep going.

Welcome back subarctican, and welcome Carpenter and helenff! Carpenter, your stories about Becky Shaw are invaluable. They help us really understand who she was, and give a human dimension to this tragedy. After what you've said to memorialize Becky, I don't blame Jeff Rader for running to save her knowing his chances were small. Rather than try to save himself (knowing where the band exit was) but having to live with the question of whether she could have been saved. I'm sure if you had been in his shoes you would have done the same thing.

On another subject, we've made some great IDs lately! Here is a frame of the Butler video, where Butler pans his camera to the side before retreating from the stage, where we now have 6 positive IDs. Among them are two women, one of whom was likely to have screamed "where's my husband?" Angela Ochs or Cynthia Nobles.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Butler video IDs 24 sec.jpg 
Views:	223 
Size:	94.5 KB 
ID:	54957

I tend to believe that it was Charlene Prudhomme who screams "where's my husband?" Charlene can be seen exiting just behind Brian Butler and the "where's my husband?" seems to start after they go through the front entrance. Angela Ochs and Cynthia Nobles have been out of the building for some time by this point. You can see them fleeing in the video while everyone else keeps on watching the flames grow. They made it out the front door just as the alarm started. Although, I believe both Angela Ochs' and Cynthia Nobles' husbands may not have yet made it out of the building at the time Brian Butler exits... All three women are candidates.

I tend to believe that it was Charlene Prudhomme who screams "where's my husband?" Charlene can be seen exiting just behind Brian Butler and the "where's my husband?" seems to start after they go through the front entrance. Angela Ochs and Cynthia Nobles have been out of the building for some time by this point. You can see them fleeing in the video while everyone else keeps on watching the flames grow. They made it out the front door just as the alarm started. Although, I believe both Angela Ochs' and Cynthia Nobles' husbands may not have yet made it out of the building at the time Brian Butler exits... All three women are candidates.
    Yes it could have been another woman, but as for Charlene are you thinking of someone else Frank? Charlene Prudhomme was pulled from the front door by her husband Al. He was reaching in pulling people before the pileup started, and she was "the sixth person that I grabbed just happened to be her arm," per his witness statement.

Dionyzus- Those are such thoughtful words. What Jeff did really makes me think they were each other's one. I like to think that maybe Jeff was there for the weekend. I know he surprised her with meeting the band at the load out. Maybe Becky took Friday off so they could have the weekend. Maybe Jeff would have proposed to her after a perfect weekend. It had been a year, they were seemingly in love. Maybe it was going to be. At least they had the time they got together. As for me, there is no question I would have gone back for Becky.

Ok! I neglected to state that the times I am recounting are from when Becky and I were 19 years old. We were young. We did stupid stuff. We drank. We were wild when we hung out later at 20, 21, and 22. These things happen when you're young and I was a mess then. Please don't think any less of her, she was such a normal person. She really did always have her life put together, I promise.

1999, beginning of the year. We both turned 21. She took me out to celebrate. She took me out!! I was so beside myself, she was so thoughtful and generous. I'm pretty sure that was the night we went to the Mexican restaurant and she got me into tequila. I'm sober now, but always had a soft spot for tequila. She wasn't fussy, she liked Cuervo. I still have the birthday card she gave me. I can still read it and hear her voice.

1999, summer. I got my little red pickup truck. I got her to come out to celebrate. She got me a sweet little flower air freshener for it. We both smoked then, she smoked Marlboro Lights and I smoked Camel Lights. We both didn't like each others cigarettes, and that was another thing we chuckled about. That air freshener was in my pick up truck from 1999 until I got my van in 2004. It was in that van until 2017. I smoked until 2014. I still have the flower, it's tucked away. It still has a little bit of scent still on it. Of course she thought to get something for my truck, she knew I'd always have it. She knew I still had it and it made me think of her fondly.

1997, sometime after September. I wound up with Becky's freshman year student ID card. I have no idea the circumstances of how I came to have it. The only thing that would make sense is if it still opened her dorm. Our cards were unique to our buildings. Anyway, the picture was obviously taken in September of 1996 when we were freshmen. It's totally young Becky with more brown hair than blonde. She looks so young its crazy. The card is really in bad shape at this point and I keep it safe. I only have that and another picture of her. Some of my belongings were lost in the early 2000's and I know there were undeveloped throw away cameras and one had pictures of her. Dorm room pictures from a party Columbus Day weekend in 1997. Nothing lewd, she wasn't like that. Just an epic party with epic people.

I'll be back with more. You folks are awesome. Thank you for letting me tell you all this. Thank you for being so considerate and sensitive.

I am thinking about going to the Memorial tomorrow. This would be my fourth time, third in a month. I really am scared of going, I don't know why. I haven't been to an anniversary since the first. I don't know.

A couple of really great things Becky did for me:
    Sometime in 1998 or 1999 we went out and had a wild good time. She knew I would like it, so she took me to deCordova sculpture park. I had never been to this place and it was so amazing. We were there very late after hours. I remember taking the left into the parking lot, parking, and being on the far back side of the park. The same sculptures and the same layout is still there today. I've been there a few times since then. When we come to that area I remember, its always a little tough. She cared so much and knew I would love that place and go there for the rest of my life. (I will, Becky.)

She took me to Walden pond. Unremarkable, but for the sake of her taking me somewhere I had been in my childhood. I had a great memory that I told her about that night. Of being at Walden Pond with my Mom. Swimming and having a great time. From what I described, she knew exactly where I had been and took me to that place. We walked around the area and I got to point out where I swam as a kid. We hung out, smoked cigarettes, and talked about everything and nothing. I think thats the night we also wound up smoking grass at her elementary school, on the front steps I think, really late night. Again, we were young and wild. She was so sweet to take me there that night. She didn't tell me where we were going, just where to drive. She was so happy on the way to, like that little smirk on her face.

That smirk.

!999 Fall. This would be Becky's junior year. I moved her into her awesome room in the swanky upper classmen high rises on campus. These were super cool, like little condos. Four to a place, two to each room, nice bathroom, living room, kitchenette. I had stayed in these as a perspective student my senior year in high school and it was one of the things that made me want to go to PC. Lol. There is a huge storm coming in with hurricane like rain and wind. We're at her folks house. Its getting later and later. We finally get loaded and I'm tarping my pickup. Being extra careful to protect her stuff. I have her Mom out there trying to tell me how to get everything covered and I remember kinda bickering with her a bit. I think that was the last time I saw her Mom. She was super nice, and I was not an asshole to her that night by any means. I was very respectful to her. The ride to Providence was very difficult, I remember it being hard to see through the rain on 95. It was not so bad once we got to campus to load her in. It didn't take us long. The walls are concrete block in those buildings. She and her roommate wanted to hang stuff on the walls. I brought down my boss's hammer drill and proceeded to blast two dozen holes in the block and install a bunch of concrete anchors as hangers. We got a very concerned visit from the RA of the dorm in the middle of this because of course he got calls about the sound I was making. As he is trying to be a hard ass, and by all right should have been, I calmly explained to him that I was a professional (HA!) and not to worry because I knew what I was doing. I closed the door on his very stunned face and I believe she never heard about it again.
    At another time, I think at this room. Becky had stepped out. I had a very candid conversation with her roommate about Becky. About how badly I wanted things to be different and how much I wished I had the chance to have had a longer relationship with her. In reality, that was never a possibility and I knew it. She knew it. We were never going to be like that for each other and we both knew the great friendship had more value. She and I actually did talk about it. One of the few times I actually opened up to a woman I cared about. It was that night after I take to her roommate. We knew the facts. We were both ok with it. Truth be told, the friendship had more value. That's a big part of why I'm missing her so badly right now. And I'm feeling super selfish about that.

Back in a bit.

Carpenter- I love your stories about Becky! Would you be open to sharing a photo or two of her with us? I don't know if you'd feel comfortable sharing (and completely understandable if not), but it would be nice to see a different pic than the one they released for her legacy page. It sounds like you guys had a very special relationship, and the memories of your time together sound like a blast!

Welcome back subarctican, and welcome Carpenter and helenff! Carpenter, your stories about Becky Shaw are invaluable. They help us really understand who she was, and give a human dimension to this tragedy. After what you've said to memorialize Becky, I don't blame Jeff Rader for running to save her knowing his chances were small. Rather than try to save himself (knowing where the band exit was) but having to live with the question of whether she could have been saved. I'm sure if you had been in his shoes you would have done the same thing.
    Dionyzus, I couldn't have said it better. <3

Lt. Frank, you may be able to get some more ID's out of this one. Check it out: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1F...9hd1hOSUU/view I believe this is the copy on our Google drive?
    Last edited by CommanderAmander; 02-19-2020 at 07:11 AM.

17 yrs ago, right about now....Jack Russell is at the Coventry Dennys talking with Rick Sanetti & crew (they're working nearby on a new Hampton Inn) and ends up adding him and 8 others to the guest list, unknowingly sealing the fates of Bridget Sanetti, Katie O'Donnell, and Matt Darby.

Nice to see it so busy.....

ChicagoBorn--welcome back, from a fellow former-Minneapolitan. After a while, you'll be able to miss the newer thread people as well. (insert emoji)

Helenff--welcome - any chance you're a (ff) firefighter? Had to ask.

Subarctic--yeah, LOL with Barylick hitting the bottle.

Carpenter--those are some great memories you have. You've turned a barely-known person here into a real 3D soul.

Dion--gotta agree with you on the Charlene Prudhomme question being convincingly answered by witness reports and Grand Jury testimony.

Lt. Frank--Yeah, I like the Rancourt.

Michael S. Carr, 29, was on his way to see his girlfriend, Liz, in Canton, Massachusetts, but decided to catch one of his favorite bands on the way.

He was a credit analyst for Chrysler Financial and lived in--wait for it--Warwick, New York. ("Isn't that ironic," he told police.)

So he was alone. And in the bar, close to the front bar exit that merged with the main hallway. He remembers driving to his girlfriend's with the windows open and his skin burning.

CommanderAmander- I so regretfully only have one picture. The only other thing is her PC ID card, and its so beat up, you can barely see her. The ID pic is almost the same as the picture they used for the satellite memorial. I believe the picture they used for the satellite memorial was her senior portrait from 1996. The picture I have is of her and a roommate from 1998. I lost personal stuff years back and some of my memories of her were lost too. You may have answered a question I've had: were there other pictures of her out there and were there any of her from that night. I went through what I think were all the available pics through the google links provided here and I don't see her. I've watched the Butler video a few too many times now. It elicits a feeling inside me now that is not comparable to my darkest days. I've seen folks here comment before and I will say the same thing: the screams. They won't ever leave me. But I don't see her there before the show or during the exodus.

Billoween- I was hoping this would give some look into her, at least from my perspective. There is nothing on the internet about her except for the obituaries and random references in regard to the fire. There's no book on her. I don't know any of her friends, her parents seemingly disappeared, I didn't know her roommate at the time. I WISH there were more pictures of Becky. We all know that no one is perfect, Becky included. But she really did shine. She really gave so much to everyone she loved. She was motivated and got what she wanted. She was smart. She was quick and had a fantastic sense of humor. She could be sarcastic in the best ways. She was passionate.

I apologize, but I am going to take a break from posting for a couple of days or so. I got through what I had to do today for work and pretty much lost it this afternoon. I remember seeing someone post about songs they listen to after leaving the site. Here's my sad list: Memories by Maroon 5, Say Something by Christina Aguilera (the line "I'm sorry that I couldn't get to you"), Bird Song by The Grateful Dead

"All I know is something like a bird within her sang.
    All I know she sang a little while and then flew on,
    Tell me all that you know, I'll show you snow and rain.

If you hear that same sweet song again, will you know why?
    Anyone who sings a tune so sweet is passing by.
    Laugh in the sunshine, sing, cry in the dark, fly through the night.

Don't cry now, don't you cry, don't you cry anymore.
    Sleep in the stars, don't you cry, dry your eyes on the wind.

All I know is something like a bird within her sang,
    All I know she sang a little while and then flew off.
    Tell me all that you know, I'll show you snow and rain."

Now to stave off the urge to drink with some cold coffee, try to keep my shit together, reassure my wife that I miss my friend not my ex, and hopefully not cry too much more tonight. Hug your loved ones and please take care of yourselves. Get help if you need it, don't go it alone.

Thinking of all 100 angels, their families, and everyone else who was affected by this tragedy 17 years ago today.

Carpenter- you taking some time off from here is totally understandable. Thinking of you today and wishing you peace, as I know how much you're missing your sweet Becky. <3

Never forgotten
    "When you help someone up a hill, you get that much closer to the top yourself."
    -Anonymous

At the Memorial. Met Kevin Anderson’s son who was 11 at the time. Talked with Linda Fisher. And Bruce Cain who was engaged to Tina Ayer. He was wearing her class ring on his pinkie finger. I guess I missed Carpenter . There was a beautiful remembrance on Becky's marker; figured it was from you.
    Also spent time with Cara Delsoto and Jody King. And with Claire, Bonnie Hamelin’s mom.
    Last edited by billoween; 02-23-2020 at 02:45 PM.

At the Memorial. Met Kevin Anderson’s son who was 11 at the time. Talked with Linda Fisher. And Bruce Cain who was engaged to Tina Ayer. He was wearing her class ring on his pinkie finger. I guess I missed Carpenter . There was a beautiful remembrance on her marker; figured it was from you.
    Also spent time with Cara Delsoto and Jody King. And with Claire, Bonnie Hamelin’s mom.
    That's wonderful, Billoween. Were there a lot of people there? I can only imagine how somber the mood was... How is Linda Fisher doing? Was she the only survivor there?

I reached out to my Station survivor and let him know I was thinking of him today too.

Not only is this another anniversary, but Feb 20th fell on a Thursday that year as well. To think, at this exact time on that day so many people were probably getting off work (or just about to) for the last time, probably heading home to grab dinner and change before going to what would unknowingly be their last concert ever... last time seeing their coworkers, last time seeing their families, last time being safe and sound in their homes, last time heading out for a night of fun... so eerie to think about.
    Last edited by subarctican; 02-20-2020 at 01:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by subarctican View Post
    Not only is this another anniversary, but Feb 20th fell on a Thursday that year as well. To think, at this exact time on that day so many people were probably getting off work (or just about to) for the last time, probably heading home to grab dinner and change before going to what would unknowingly be their last concert ever... last time seeing their coworkers, last time seeing their families, last time being safe and sound in their homes, last time heading out for a night of fun... so eerie to think about.
    I was thinking the same thing earlier...

Thinking of those that lost their lives today and of their loved ones and friends.

Cannot believe it has been 17 years ago as of today. RIP to all that lost their lives and good and healing thoughts go out to the loved ones of the lost and to the survivors.

Life is short and can end in the blink of an eye, treasure it. I wonder how many will be at the memorial at 11:07 tonight. Wishing them all peace and thinking of those we lost 17 years ago.