Page 24 of 43 FirstFirst ... 15222324252633 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,200 of 2148

Thread: Station Nightclub fire in West Warwick, Rhode Island 2

Thanks Billoween, yeah it is hard to keep everything straight and I get where you are coming from but I wouldn't put something in that wasn't true, Unless the person I talked to was confused or something but they were adamant about what they saw and were doing. I bet he is a great person to hang out with, Have fun with the Penguins. LOL.

Forgive me if this is the wrong place to post this, but I felt its similarity to the Station fire made it relevant to this thread...

Some of you may remember the Colectiv nightclub fire in Romania in 2015 (discussed briefly on page 14 of this thread, right after it happened). It had many similarities to the Station - poorly run venue not up to fire code, insufficient exits, flammable soundproofing foam, sparkler pyrotechnics, etc.

Well, I recently found cell phone video of the first minute of the fire from inside the club and, just like The Station, the speed at which things going bad is stunning - roughly 20 seconds from ignition to the entire ceiling being on fire: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSm7Y0AE1qI

As informative as the Brian Butler video is, it doesn't really give a detailed look at the spread of the fire inside the Station beyond the first few seconds. Whereas this one really highlights how quickly the fire from this type of foam spreads, and how it continues to spread and grow totally out-of-control almost immediately. And sadly this was nearly 13 years after the Station, looks like the lessons from that tragedy were totally ignored

I remember when that fire happened, I was like just like the station. Sad they didn't learn from that. People always think it won't happen to them I think that is why history tends to repeat itself. Thank goodness we don't have tragic school fires like the Our Lady Of The Angels or explosions like The New London School in Texas, anymore or theater fires, like the Iroquois theater fire.

The guy at 1:03 looks like James DuFresne to me. The blonde girl at 1:10/1:11 looks like Jill Malinowski. Having a hard time getting a pic of her posted.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dufresne_James.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	48.3 KB 
ID:	54896  
    Last edited by Lt. Frank Drebin; 12-15-2019 at 06:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by billoween View Post
    Where's Lt. Frank, the Dexter of photo I.D.ers?

0:56 - we're seeing a line of people standing in the slightly elevated area to the left of the stage. Unknown guy>Richard DelSanto>Cathy Carignan>probably Lisa Kelly (D)>unknown guy>Ray Beauchaine (in blue).

0:57 - probably Bonnie Hamelin (D) (above blue jacket; upper left corner). You have to pause it at the very instant Tracy King begins his bar journey.

1:03 - Tracy K. approaches William Cartwright (D) (left) and Kevin Washburn (D) (right). Then to mugging, smoking James Dufresne. (Lt. Frank gave us a current photo of him in the last few pages.)

1:05/1:06 - Could be Washburn again with the harsh lighting distorting him some. But I agree with RLady that it's more likely a female, and quite possibly Tina Ayer.

1:07 - That's Christopher Travis in the orange-striped Harley D. jacket. He'll be using it to filter his air-intake soon.

1:09 - ??

1:10/1:11 - ?

1:19/1:20 - ?
    At 1:19/1:20 you see Richard Wiggs on the right w/black leather jacket and to me it looks like Shane Embelton standing with folded arms watching TV. I only have pics of only ~225 survivors though.

Name:	Wiggs_Richard.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	77.1 KB 
ID:	54898  
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Sub - yes, that Colectiv club fire WAS scary fast! Thanks for sending...I think.

Lt. Frank - Great to see you back and ID-ing.

Jill Malinowski-she may be a guidance counselor at a school in Chatham, Massachusetts now. (There's someone who's probably full-on serious during the fire drills.)

And thanks for your Embelton and Wiggs IDs.

Shane Embelton, we know, was a tile-setter, and one of the guest-listed nine people with Rick Sanetti (Aka "The Dennys 9"). Barylick got his title "Killer Show" from Embelton's witness statement, where he quoted Jack Russell from the Dennys encounter in Coventry on 2/19. Embelton is also the one who reported that Patty Sanetti had announced that she'd be returning to The Station with her camera.

Richard Wiggs went to see Great White with Chris Nowicki, nephew of Irving Owens, the State Fire Marshall. In his statement he mentions meeting Matt Dussault and a "Christine McAuliffe." He meant, of course, Kristen McQuarrie (D), but it's interesting how his brain automatically leapt to someone else who had died tragically: Christa McAuliffe was the school teacher killed in the Challenger disaster in 1986.

Okay, so here's a little stream-of-consciousness regarding my Mike Vargas encounter:

At the Memorial on the last anniversary. It's 10:50 pm with light snow floating down and 2 inches on the ground from the day before. (So it's a lot like the actual night.) I'm parked right at the wall, facing the Memorial and now there are 10 or so folks mingling around the grounds. I get out and trudge up the main steps.

I make eye contact with this tall guy in hoodie and baseball cap, and in a millisecond I recognize that it's Vargas. He looks at me and I'm determined not to spook him, so I just smile and quietly say something like, Wow it's so great to see you here, but I'm gonna give you your own space now, and he says no, it's cool, I just don't want to be on camera with the media again, and he nods over to Cowesett Avenue where there are several local TV stations vans. And he's quite chatty and I come to feel he almost needs a bit of an empathic listener.

So we talk, and I don't think it hurt that he could see that I'd studied the fire and knew the basics of the night 16 years ago.

---He doesn't want his son to see him on TV talking about the fire.

---He has a new daughter, but did get divorced recently. He lives just a short walk from his ex now and he and his ex are tight and united over the kids.

---He never did get along that well with his own father, who died when Mike was in his 20's.

---This was his first time coming to the Memorial alone and it was kind of a spontaneous act to stop by. He was there once with his Mom (as seen on Dateline) and once with his son which really made him emotional he said.

---I pointed out that we were standing a few feet away from where he'd been trapped. He said yeah, and look--I parked tonight exactly where I'd parked my Honda 16 years ago.

---He left his GNC manager job a long time ago.

---The 4 burns on his left calf can still bother him at times, even now.

---He can't listen to GW anymore, and said he'd really tried to but it's a big no-go.

---He's really down on the Derderians mostly.

---He did see a therapist, "but after a while I had to say that we were wasting each other's time." He knows he still has rage inside. "I don't think I've ever dealt with it completely. I think my main therapy now is just staying busy."

---We mused over the very good reality that he wasn't over there with the other V's who didn't make it. (You know, right, that everyone's in alphabetical order with a couple of exceptions?)

---He says he can remember everything that happened that night like it just happened.

---He feels good--and this doesn't come out much in the testimonies--that he was able to keep Jennifer Vieira in front of him all the way to the front door area, because she fell several times and he kept picking her up. (She got pulled out the front by a fireman, eventually.)

---He says the fire seemed way tamer until it suddenly got air from the open stage doors and front doors (and surely the broken atrium windows) and then went crazy.

---I told Mike I hope to see you next year, same place. He said I hope so too. Then I got to talking with the father of Mike Kulz (D), which I've already covered here.....

PS--Mike Vargas goes by "Mike." "Raul" was his father's name.

Damn! I did not know that Shane Embelton was associated to the Rick Sanetti group. Now that you mention it, That most likely is Shane Embelton. This is how I do IDs: I take a survivor's name and research the hell out of it and if I'm lucky enough, I obtain a pic. I might do this for a few survivors and then go back and watch the vid(s) again. Now that I have pics on file and in watching the vids, a face might jump out at me as someone I just found. The Shane Embelton was one of those eureka moments as was also the ID of the head-banding guy and his friend just before you see Richard DelSanto and his date Catherine Carignan.
    Last edited by Lt. Frank Drebin; 12-19-2019 at 10:10 PM.

I'm going to have to go back and look at pictures the only one I know right off is Nick the really young one that died. Amazed at how much you guys find out just like the last group of die hard fans of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by subarctican View Post
    Forgive me if this is the wrong place to post this, but I felt its similarity to the Station fire made it relevant to this thread...

Some of you may remember the Colectiv nightclub fire in Romania in 2015 (discussed briefly on page 14 of this thread, right after it happened). It had many similarities to the Station - poorly run venue not up to fire code, insufficient exits, flammable soundproofing foam, sparkler pyrotechnics, etc.

Well, I recently found cell phone video of the first minute of the fire from inside the club and, just like The Station, the speed at which things going bad is stunning - roughly 20 seconds from ignition to the entire ceiling being on fire: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSm7Y0AE1qI

As informative as the Brian Butler video is, it doesn't really give a detailed look at the spread of the fire inside the Station beyond the first few seconds. Whereas this one really highlights how quickly the fire from this type of foam spreads, and how it continues to spread and grow totally out-of-control almost immediately. And sadly this was nearly 13 years after the Station, looks like the lessons from that tragedy were totally ignored
    That was pretty intense.
    The reason a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail instead of his tongue.

"Wow! That's not good."

We know these were Jack Russell's last words from the stage, thanks to hearing them on Butler's video and on Pickett's now partially-released audio tape.

But say there'd been no Butler or and no Pickett recording the show that night. Then, all we'd have had to go on would have been the memories of the survivors. But check out how much those varied:

Rob Riffe--"...pretty sure I heard Jack Russell, the lead singer, say either 'Thank you' or 'Good night.' "

Jeff Ward--" 'Can you fucking believe this?' "

John Gibbs--" '...Oh, no, it's not good.' "

Richard Wiggs--" 'Something ain't right!' "

Brianna Quarry--" 'Oh, shit, that wasn't supposed to happen.' "

Michael Ricardi--" 'Oh man--that isn't good.' "

Sam Miller--" 'That's fucked up!' "

Mike Vargas--" 'Hey...that can't be good!' "

Al Cambio--"The guitar player [Mark Kendall] to the right of the lead singer said, 'This isn't supposed to fucking happen!' "

Butler video

Quote Originally Posted by Noelle1966 View Post
    That was pretty intense.
    Hey All, I used to lurk on the older forum. Never knew this Page existed. I've been checking out posts at rando all day. Someone gave me a link. I've been fascinated by this incident a long time. I never wanted to view the Butler video. Then about 2 months ago I did. It haunted me for a few weeks.
    From gathering information about the video I came to the conclusion that 4 versions exist.
    #1. The grandaddy of them all. The unedited, unadulterated high quality version that is 21 minutes long. This was the first version that was online and owned by WPRI. It was subsequently removed. Snippets of this version have been used in documentaries and newscasts primarily near the anniversary.
    #2. The popular 12-13 minute version that appears to be compressed and Edited. The color quality is low. It surfaced shortly after the original was removed from YouTube, BestGore, and other various pages.
    #3 a version used for training and safety. It is a carbon copy of #2 but now has the red countdown/captions.
    #4 the Pre show footage (6 minutes) attached to an ok quality copy but it is only 12 minutes.

Since then, people have attached horrible background music to the pre show footage. I believe the theme music to DALLAS was used. Idk how true this is but I heard there is a 27 minute version. 6 minutes of high quality unadulterated pre-show footage with #1 attached.
    The last known copy of #1 floating around online was apparently on a Google drive that was linked on 4Chan back in 2015.

Has this topic been discussed? If so, who here had the opportunity to view version #1?
    I Only know of 1 comment on YouTube that stated some gruesome facts about it.

Btw, thanks to everyone who has poured so much into this case, gathering information and research. It is much appreciated by so many.
    Last edited by cindyt; 12-26-2019 at 04:40 PM. Reason: Combined Posts posts that were posted too close together

13. 12-26-2019, 04:08 PM
    Reason
    Posted too close to the one the poster posted above it.

Hello, Irishman! Welcome to the forum. This is just a friendly heads up. Please do not post consecutive comments less than 30 minutes apart. I combined the two above for you. If you accidentally do it again, please let me know via PM or profile so I can walk you through how to fix it yourself.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Something I found very interesting. I still do not know how to post a picture but I took a screenshot of a comment that was under an article about the SNF. It was a 10 year anniversary.
    The person claimed to have known Jeffrey Derdouchebag. She said they lived in a duplex him upstairs her downstairs. Guess what? It caught fire. They obviously made it out. It was long before the SNF.
    2 major coincidences with JD. He survives not 1 but 2 fires. He does a report on the very same foam that caused the building to be consumed in under 4 minutes. The comment went on to say the brothers were friends with the landlord of the house that caught fire.
    It almost feels like those scumbag brothers KNEW the financial gain one can receive due to fire damage.
    I'm not saying it was intentional by any means. But this comment and the coincidences makes me wonder if they EVER said to themselves "what if something happened? Would we be covered?".
    I hope to God that isn't the case.

Welcome aboard, TheIrishman!! I've interacted with you a little on youtube.

Does anyone know anything about Chad & Angela Ochs and Cynthia Nobles? I have here in my notes that Cynthia Nobles "w/ Ochs". Were they at the show together? Anyone know where they were in the club? Has anyone ever IDed any of them in the vids? I may have some new IDs here.

Let's see...Edward and Cynthia Nobles went to The Station with their friends Angela and Chad Ochs.

The Nobles were both 31 and lived in Narragansett. The Ochs lived nearby in North Kingstown, and were in their late 20's.

We know that Chad and Ed went to the men's room just before GW came on. Neither would have an easy time of escaping the club; Chad only got out by breaking out an atrium window with a bar stool, and Ed pulled himself out of the pileup at the front doors after an unknown person kept pulling on his arm until he could grasp the railing.

Cynthia and Angela were on the dance floor, 2-3 rows from the front of the stage. They immediately left together while many patrons were still watching the end of the pyro. They heard the fire alarm while exiting the front doors, but the lights were not yet smoke-obscured.

Both Cynthia Nobles and her friend Angela Ochs are likely candidates for being the "where's-my-husband!" wife.

Let's see...Edward and Cynthia Nobles went to The Station with their friends Angela and Chad Ochs.

The Nobles were both 31 and lived in Narragansett. The Ochs lived nearby in North Kingstown, and were in their late 20's.

We know that Chad and Ed went to the men's room just before GW came on. Neither would have an easy time of escaping the club; Chad only got out by breaking out an atrium window with a bar stool, and Ed pulled himself out of the pileup at the front doors after an unknown person kept pulling on his arm until he could grasp the railing.

Cynthia and Angela were on the dance floor, 2-3 rows from the front of the stage. They immediately left together while many patrons were still watching the end of the pyro. They heard the fire alarm while exiting the front doors, but the lights were not yet smoke-obscured.

Both Cynthia Nobles and her friend Angela Ochs are likely candidates for being the "where's-my-husband!" wife.
    This is whom I believe to be Angela Ochs (down at the bottom). Check out the pre-fire video at 0:34.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ochs.png 
Views:	451 
Size:	199.6 KB 
ID:	54912 And this is Chad Ochs, I believe.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Chad_Ochs1.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	109.8 KB 
ID:	54913 Now, I'll get to this in another post, but it will involve Cynthia Nobles and her possible husband, Edward. Just for a preview, I believe that's Cynthia Nobles in my screenshot with the 'CC' on her forehead in the bottom right corner. Wonder if that's Chad Ochs to the left of her in the center of the screenshot or Edward Nobles? Unfortunately, I'm unable to track Ed Nobles down to find a pic, however, I believe Cynthia Nobles appears later in the vid, along with this man in the screenshot, who is possibly either Chad Ochs or Ed Nobles.

Name:	Ochs_Angela.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	94.5 KB 
ID:	54909  
    Last edited by Lt. Frank Drebin; 12-31-2019 at 10:11 AM.

Nice sleuthing, Frank, although I realize some portions are a work-in-progress.

For what it's worth, I know it's "Edward D. Nobles Jr." And I understand that Chad Ochs was/is a technician at Electric Boat in Groton.

Where can I see the "fire" video? It is clearer than the pre-fire vid.

It appears that Chad and Angela Ochs are no longer married. Chad appears to be living back in PA. Angela has new last name that may be her maiden name. It also seems that Cynthia and Edward Nobles are no longer married, if I found the right person. It also seems that Cynthia Nobles has a new last name. This is who I believe is Cynthia Nobles:Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cynthia_Nobles2.jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	106.7 KB 
ID:	54914The woman in my screenshot holding a beer up to the camera? Hard to make out in the pre-fire video, but at 6:49-6:50, when the camera pans to the right, you see a woman with frizzy hair moving quickly toward the exit. Also Cynthia Nobles? This matches what you said about Cynthia and Angela heading for the door before everyone else. I believe Cynthia Nobles makes another appearance later in the video.

Actually, (I watched the video again) in the pre-fire video at 6:49 - 6:50, in front of the frizzy-haired woman is a woman with darkish hair in a pony-tail wearing a white shirt. The woman in my screenshot that I think is Angela Ochs is wearing a white shirt.

I watched the video yet again and got this screenshot: Angela Ochs to the right of Cynthia Nobles (notice the three bracelets)?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Angela_ochs.png 
Views:	494 
Size:	819.8 KB 
ID:	54915 A short time later, you'll see this woman and a frizzy-haired blonde bolting towards the front door.

And this is my last entry on this topic. Here are two screenshots of "Cynthia Nobles" outside looking for someone, but then is coaxed away by (Chad Ochs/Edward Nobles?). I believe this man in a black leather jacket is the man standing in front of "Angela Ochs" in my first screenshot at 0:34 in the pre-fire video. He seems to have lost his glasses. Also, notice "Cynthia Nobles'" arm tattoo. Compare to the pic of the person I believe to be Cynthia Nobles.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nobles_outside1.png 
Views:	741 
Size:	612.9 KB 
ID:	54916
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nobles_outside2.png 
Views:	597 
Size:	618.2 KB 
ID:	54917

Also in the last screenshot just before "Cynthia Nobles" goes out of view, you see the right arm 3 bracelets.
    Last edited by Lt. Frank Drebin; 01-01-2020 at 04:26 PM.

Pks - Nice shots and no wonder Skott Greene was known in the tattoo world as a perfectionist. I've visited the space that was Greene's "Doors of Perception Tattoos." It got absorbed at some point by what's now a big "Salon 707," and sits right in the middle of the Quaker Valley Mall off Route #2, just 2-3 miles south of The Station site.

Lt. Frank - Those are some ground-breaking ID's you're making. And speaking of Scott Greene, I believe that he can be seen just to the right of the raised beer we saw in one of your posted shots. ID-ing isn't always easy, which led me to writing this:

The Butler pre-show had to have been shot between 10:45 and 11:05 pm.

Some of the patrons seen cheering in the beginning will then just stay put for the next 15 to 20 minutes until Great White appears. Others will retreat to the restrooms or the bars or will rejoin friends hanging further back. And then of course, comes probably too many people squeezing up closer to the stage.

My point being, I guess, that not everyone we see in the pre-show footage will be glued to the exact same spot come the pyro opening. But yes, there are those fans who will hold their ground until 11:07, 11:08, or fatally beyond.

Back when I was new to the Butler footage and didn't yet have the club's layout so imprinted in my brain, I assumed that the trio of Linda Suffoletto (D), Kristen McQuarrie (D), and Matt Dussault, were seated at a bar someplace.

But eventually--duh--I got it that they were actually behind the railing alongside the soundboard and leaning on the little drink-wide counter there. Because, if you look, that clock up behind them is over the hallway to the restrooms. And the rectangle of lights on the ceiling marks the back bar.

(--Now originally I wasn't so sure that was really Linda Suffoletto. But then later, I saw a photo of Linda's sister, Janet. And Janet's eyes, expression, and face bore a striking match to that blonde caught by Butler at the railing. So I'm assuming now that that is Linda Suffoletto; with 98% confidence.)

Thanks billoween, I was wondering if his shop was still around, so sad to see that it is no longer a tattoo place. His work is amazing, I read somewhere that in every tattoo he did he would hide a dragonfly. I think I found one in the Tiger tattoo that I did not post, if you google Station Night club fire victims findagrave someone made a virtual cemetery with all of those that died and took parts of news articles and put them in the descriptions talking about their lives and such and pictures of those that died, you can leave virtual flowers and messages.

As a frequenter of small clubs, I can tell you that it is very hard to stay closely-together with your group being this close to the stage. In the pre-fire video, it appears Angela Ochs is a row behind Cynthia Nobles. Very likely, but keep in mind that there are no "rows" in standing space-only venues where you're packed liked sardines. You're constantly being displaced by others moving through your group, trying to get a better view, trying to avoid spilling beer, etc. When I saw this same show on 2/13/2003, I was in the same space as these people and maybe a little more to the left. I was right in front of Ty Longley when a wooden barstool was brought over to that side of the stage for him for a ballad. Our group of three was constantly shifting due to the pressure of the crowd. Pre-fire, we're seeing Angela Ochs behind and to the left of Cynthia Nobles, but when the show starts, they're shoulder to shoulder.

I don't believe that's Linda Suffaletto in that trio. That woman looks more like survivor Bethany Andrade, but I'm not too convinced. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Andrade_Bethany.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	49.6 KB 
ID:	54918I thought it was understood that the woman in the middle was survivor Catherine Sagesta, who would pass-away a few years later. That is definitely not Kristen McQuarrie.

Hi all-

Frank, here's why I have to call that woman Kristen McQuarrie (D):

(from RISP seized property report 2-23-03) "Mr. Dussault advised that he and his girlfriend, identified as Kristine McCorey (spelling?), attended the show and that [McQuarrie] took photographs with the below-described camera prior to the band, Great White, starting to perform. Mr. Dussault turned over the camera which contained the film."

Indeed, you do see Matt holding her Nikon One-Touch Camera in the Butler footage.

Then he tells a RISP detective (Lt. Leyden) about sitting with his girlfriend, Kristen McQuarrie, and drinking and smoking.

Also, survivor Richard Wiggs tells investigators about running into Dussault and McQuarrie.

The main picture of McQuarrie we're provided with could be one from high school. But she was 37 at the time of the fire. That's maybe 19 years over which she may have, you know, changed her looks.

Dussault tells Leyden: "Uh, I grabbed my girlfriend and I thought she was right behind me, in smoke and the lights, I-I lost her, we got stampeded, uh, and it's just too hard, I can't remember."

And this exchange always gets me:

Leyden: "And what was your purpose of going to the Station?"

Dussault: "To take my girlfriend for a good time."

As for the Linda Suffoletto ID: google Linda's sister's obit and check out the photo. (Janet L. Fians obituary) Janet was 5-6 years older than Linda.

Eureka! I've been able to confirm the identities of two key players from the Butler fire footage.

Okay, go to Drive>Videos>The Station Fire.mpg [13:01]. This must be the 130 MB version that Dion used for his great Butler transcript. His listed times match up perfectly with the video (just ignore those occasional red time-stamps). It has better visual quality, too, than most versions--plus grad A sound.

In the Butler footage, you're probably familiar with the blonde woman at 3:55 who says, "You must have unbelievable footage!, oh god...where's Paul? I just washed my fucking hair! [she runs her fingers through her hair, then looks at her hands] Oh my god, I'm bleeding! --Paul!!"

Well, this turns out to be Catherine Randall, who came with her fiancee, Paul Pezzelli, and his younger brother, Edward Pezzelli.

Okay, now to backtrack some: Earlier in Butler footage, at 2:25, just follow the red "2 Minutes" stamp to the right. You'll see a guy in a sweater with horizontal stripes, who's standing on the outside ramp and leaning over the railing at the bar window next to the doors. This is our first sighting of Paul Pezzelli. And he's busy helping people at the window. Then at 2:32 he steps down and half-jogs away.

Moving ahead, between 3:27 and 3:40, we see Pezzelli reappear, walking back to the fire--but now with Catherine Randall, in black leather pants. He soon pushes past her, apparently to reenter the front lines at the railing. Could he be looking for his brother, Edward?

At 3:55 comes the "Paul!" scene already detailed above, with a very-possibly-in-shock Randall talking about "footage" to Butler. And you can actually make out a dark cut running down her hairline.

Finally, from 4:29 to 4:34, there's a last glimpse of Randall squeezing forward between parked cars. The last shot is of her high-heeled boots disappearing off-screen. (The couple had parked up on Kulas, and together they found Edward safe at the car. "We sat there in shock and hugged each other," Pezzelli told the police.)

It turns out the couple had been in a dicey predicament on the bar side of the ticket booth wall. And at one point there Randall did hit the floor, with Pezzilli falling on top of her. Both told police that they'd thought they were goners.

But Pezzelli finally saw a speck of light from a bar window and was able to drag Randall over to it. A woman outside in a white buttoned-down shirt grabbed her by the shoulders to get her out. "I looked at her like she was God," Randall told investigators.

Wow--So the rest of their experiences outside the club were yet to come...

*Catherine Randall was a RISD grad and became an interior designer. She was the one and only survivor to show up for her police interview with her own diagram of how she remembered The Station's interior.

*When Randall freaks about her dirty hair, I remembered what former forum contributor TJH once said: "The smoke left a greasy-type soot on everyone."
    Last edited by billoween; 01-31-2020 at 02:31 PM.

Nice work! This is Catherine Randall nowadays:Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Randall_Catherine.jpg 
Views:	264 
Size:	136.4 KB 
ID:	54927 I'm trying to track down Matt Dussault, as I think that will be crucial in IDing that trio standing at a bar. I really don't think that's Linda Suffaleto on the left, but that looks like Catherine Sagesta in the middle. If that is Catherine Sagesta, then that has to be John Van Deusen on the right, but to me, that doesn't look like him. So we really need to find Matt Dussault.

I can’t tell you how happy it made me to come here and see so much activity on this thread! What a wonderful find that video is. And the Pickett tape is quite disturbing. Those gasps at the end... 😞 This sheds all sorts of new light on this tragedy.

I hope it’s ok that I’m posting twice in a row, as it’s been a few days. 🤷🏻*♀️

Forgive me if this has been discussed before, but Joe Kinan has been ID’d in the video, right? You see him as the camera pans away from the stage while BB starts moving toward the door. He grabs who I can only assume is Karla Bagtaz and starts heading toward the door...

I believe that's Joe Kinan you see right after you see my latest IDs fleeing. Angela Ochs in the white shirt/white hairband on the left; Joe Kinan's forehead on the right in this screen shot: It appears that Angela Ochs and Cynthia Nobles pass either right behind or right in front of Joe Kinan.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ochs_Kinan2.jpg 
Views:	316 
Size:	50.5 KB 
ID:	54929

Does anyone know the age (at the time of the fire) of survivor Kevin Barber?
    Last edited by Lt. Frank Drebin; 01-30-2020 at 08:52 PM.

Good to see you again Commander. As I understand the rules, you just have to let 30 minutes pass between consecutive posts. (Hi Cindyt.)

Hey Frank - At some point Joe Kinan took off his vest and put it on Karla Bagtaz for protection, right? This used to confuse me some until I came across a further explanation that he actually put it over her head like a hoodie--to protect her from the black rain. Just hope he didn't lose valuable seconds doing it.

Oh, and I see you also caught Adam Florio with his camera, dead center.

34. 01-30-2020, 08:23 PM

Thanks, billoween! I’ve been lurking for a bit, but it seems like I always jump back in this time of year. ��

Lt. Frank- here’s the screenshot with JK. Is this same person you were referring to?

Name:	E3E137D2-B76A-4305-A4BA-C0D17EB19FAA.jpeg 
Views:	816 
Size:	82.0 KB 
ID:	54930
    ETA: I think this is Tina Ayer with the white headband. From the preshow footage:

Name:	6373183B-AD16-4995-B22B-0D779EE4ED80.jpeg 
Views:	1043 
Size:	88.7 KB 
ID:	54931
    Last edited by CommanderAmander; 01-31-2020 at 11:27 AM.

Lt. Frank--nice shot. And I'm seeing someone totally new in the bottom right corner. Like who's the dude in the distinctive hat?

Kevin M. Barber of Woonsocket, R.I., was 45 at the time of the fire. Says he was near the front entrance and managed to get out through the main doors. He called his father and got picked up at the scene.

Amanda--look at you, with those ultra-clear shots and circled details.

I'm playing around with matching up some of the many survivors who don't know who saved them with those people who did rescue. But it's a longer range project.
    Last edited by billoween; 02-05-2020 at 12:06 PM.

Billoween - Thanks for the info on Kevin Barber. Seems he passed-away in 2016. The latest survivor death that I know of. Wonder if this is the guy near the back bar when the camera follows Michael Jandron? I previously thought it might be Milton Servis.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Barber_Kevin.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	21.2 KB 
ID:	54932
    I don't know who that is with the hat. It seems that different versions of the video show different things, as if some of the frame is cropped. Wonder where CommanderAmander has been getting her screenshots?

CommanderAmander - Yes; that is widely-accepted as being Joe Kinan. That view would be a second or two after the view I posted, but I posted that screenshot because I wanted to get Angela Ochs and Joe Kinan in one view. So where are you getting your screenshots?
    I don't know about that being Tina Ayer in your bottom pic. My initial reaction says that it's not her, but I'll have to review my survivor pics to see if that's more likely someone else.

Has anyone ever questioned the two Joseph Ferreiras on the survivor list? This is no typo? These are two different people who just happen to have the same name?
    Last edited by Lt. Frank Drebin; 01-31-2020 at 03:07 PM.

Hey there Lt. Frank,

My screenshot of JK I took from the John Barylick presentation on YouTube, as that seems to be the clearest footage available as of late. My second ss is from the Before the Show video on the google drive. �

Great pictures, y'all! I love how there is always something/someone new to discover. That wonderful hat was the first thing that jumped out at me in the Kinan screenshot.

I've recently learned that the Grand Central Library here in downtown L.A. has machines for converting old media to digital. It requires first attending a class to learn how to use the equipment. Hopefully that means I'll be able to make much better uploads of the content I put on youtube several years ago.

RodentLady - Are you on YouTube as '......VHSTapes'?

Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Frank Drebin View Post
    RodentLady - Are you on YouTube as '......VHSTapes'?
    Yes, "My Old VHS Tapes" https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCey..._as=subscriber I posted some links waaay back in the thread. The channel is not monetised, so it seems ethical to share it again.

Loving the action here. Y'all know I've occasionally had to solo it.

*Hi My Old RL!

Anybody else going to the 2020 anniversary? If not, I'll try to be your eyes and ears. Meanwhile....

MORE MEMORABLE QUOTES

--"I lost a part of myself at that fire that night...I am still hoping it will come back."--Jean Crawford, a West Warwick medical assistant just 6 months into her career, who volunteered to help at The Cowesett Inn. After tending to several victims, she herself required transportation by rescue vehicle to a hospital.

--"It looked like they were zombies coming towards us."--Cowesett Inn waitress Kim Toher on the first wave of the injured coming to triage.

--"I do want to quit...but the thing is it's keeping me calm right now because I do have a lot of rage inside me."--Survivor Walter Castle on his smoking despite his stage #4 COPD from the fire.

--"I didn't have to worry about my friends."--Survivor Michael Carr on why he was glad he went to the show alone.

--Grand Jury question to survivor Daniel Davidson: "...had you ever seen a [pyro] demonstration like that anywhere before?"
    --Davidson: "Yeah, on the Fourth of July."

--"I actually watched the fire on the television set...there was no work to report to."--Lewis Cook, The Station's maintenance man, originally scheduled to clean up the club between 2 am and 6 am.

--"We're going to a concert, what could happen?"--Walter Rich (D) to his wife, Kimberly, after she'd told him and his friend, Glenn Therriault, to "have fun and be careful."

--"[The Butler tape] doesn't fully capture the speed, chaos, and carnage of the fire."--Witness and former forum contributor TJH.

--"They were playing in a gas station, basically."--J.P. Longley, father of GW guitarist Ty Longley (D).

--"...I looked [at the stage] and I seen the flames on both sides...And I said, 'Yeah, that's part of the show,' cause I thought it WAS, like for a second."--Rina Gershelis, a shot girl, about being asked by a patron in the dart room if the fire still going after the pyro was part of the show.

--"It was at that point that I began to lose hope of a positive outcome."--Survivor Michael Ricardi on the moment the smoke turned the entire club pitch black.

--"I was like in a dream state [and] I didn't know it was really happening, but then I realized it was."--Craig Ballard, survivor, who lost his ex-wife (and date) Sarah Telgarsky (D). She'd insisted on trying the stage door exit while he raced to the atrium windows.

--"No moshing, slam-dancing, or stage diving. Help us keep insurance rates low."--sign posted above a vending machine in the Station's atrium.

--"As a matter of fact, I had a similar [foam] in my basement that I had gotten from a guitar player, and I took it all down after the fire. I didn't know it was flammable like that. I took it all down."--John Mellini, the husband of bartender Julie Mellini and the lead singer in the Van Halen tribute band "Diver Down."

--"Sometimes I wish that I could go back to that night and not try so hard to get out, like maybe that was my chance, my way out and I passed on it."--Survivor Mellissa Stephenson.

Loving the action here. Y'all know I've occasionally had to solo it.
    Yes Billoween, I've seen all the times you've been here among the crickets- it's appreciated for sure! I like all the quotes you've been posting, are you finding them in the witness statements?

I wish I could go to the memorial this year, but as I still live in FL it won't be happening until I move back in a few years. Are you in RI??

Hiya Amanda-

Yeah, the last batch was mostly from witness statements and Grand Jury testimony, with a sprinkling of print media and TV. I have enough for a new installment the next time it's quiet here.

Well like I said, I'm happy to be the thread's eyes and ears for those that can't make the 17th anniversary. I'm in Connecticut, just south of Danbury, so it's a 2-3 hours drive to The Memorial. I get up there every 6-8 weeks; in fact, I just got back.

I had breakfast with Erin Whalen on Sunday. Nice lady, really helped by therapy after the fire. But she said that she can still get a little triggered by crowds and too much noise.

Someone picked her up after she'd passed out behind the wall to the ticket counter, and got her to the bar window next to the front doors. Then she was pulled off the sill by a guy outside in a buttoned-down blue shirt. She hugged him and remembers him saying, "Gotta save more," before he turned back to the window.

Unfortunately, her friend Tammy Mattera-Housa did not make it out, although for the first day Erin thought she had because she kept hearing about her hospital roommate "Tammy." But it turned out to be the only other Tammy who was at the show, Tammy Passa.

Are you formerly from RI, Amanda? You said something about someday moving "back."

There was a Tammy Denno at the show, correct? Of Worcester, MA? I don't have her age, though or who she was at the show with. That's cool that you got to chat with Erin Whalen Cowan and some other survivors like Mike Vargas.

There was a Tammy Denno at the show, correct? Of Worcester, MA? I don't have her age, though or who she was at the show with.
    I have the same limited info: #334 on an alphabetical version of ProJo's list, "survivors identified by other survivors."

Are you formerly from RI, Amanda? You said something about someday moving "back."
    Hey there, yes, I grew up in RI and moved down to FL back at the end of 2003. The town I'm from was about 20 mins from the site of the Station. In fact, I happened to be up feeding my then newborn that night when the news came on about the fire... I remember the news kept cutting back as the numbers of deaths increased. My best friend and I drove out there the next day while the ruins were still smoldering... we placed some flowers on the fence with the others, but didn't stay long. It was the eeriest feeling. You could feel the energy there. The smell... I can't describe it.

When I went back to the memorial, that eerie energy is still there. Do you know what I'm talking about?

Lt. Frank, you are so right; there WAS a third Tammy--Tammy Denno, of course.

Now here's the weird thing: Erin Whalen-Cowan told me that she and Tammy Mattera-Housa (D) were standing in "the third row" from center stage, not far behind a group of 3 girls. So now I'm wondering if that group actually might have been Tammy Denno (27), Milasa Bump (29), and Cathren Prunier (29).

In their witness statements, all 3 describe arriving between 8:30-9:00 and standing front center stage. All are from Worcester, and all happened to escape out atrium windows. (They're like a real unit.)

So could they be the same 3 gals we see in the pre-show?--the 3 who are smack up front center and starting on the left with a blonde girl in a red top who's playing with her hair frequently?

I guess this wouldn't be photo-ID-ing; more like witness statement-ID-ing. And when the two come together, it's a beautiful thing.

---I'd forgotten some of the treasure trove of videos that RL has gifted us with over the years. Adam Florio's local news spot is especially fascinating. In it, Florio shows the shot he took of his own burned face after getting out a bar window (backwards). This was one of the shots redacted from the RIAG's released materials.

---Thanks for sharing, Amanda. My turn: I've been vacationing in Narragansett for 35 years. I remember when my 2 kids were little and driving by the spot when it was called, "The Filling Station." And I recall thinking...cool, maybe when the kids conk out early some night I'll sneak back up here and mix with the locals some.

---When I'm at the Memorial now--after all this research--I can too easily imagine everything we know now happening all at once. Which, I guess, is sort of what did happen. Yeah, I agree on the feeling of energy. It's like an energy that can swing from devastatingly sad to powerfully uplifting.

I usually leave behind a cigarette on Jeff Rader's stone. And drive away in tears, listening to "My Sacrifice" by Creed or "Love Song" by Tesla. And that's not usually my kind of music. But they sure do a number on me when I'm there.

Thank you for giving me that back story. The trouble I'm running into here is the lack of interest on IDing those involved. Most want to know and see who died. I put in a lot of work into IDing who I believe to be Cynthia Nobles and Angela Ochs, as well as many other survivors, but no ensuing interest. Crickets. I think we keep going over the same people in the videos round-and-round because of a lack of genuine interest. So am I doing this for my own edification? If no one gives a damn, why should I be doing this when I could be doing something else constructive? What happened to those genuinely interested? Billoween and RodentLady seem to be the only ones truly interested. Pathetic.

Last edited by Lt. Frank Drebin; 02-05-2020 at 09:28 PM.

Thank you for giving me that back story. The trouble I'm running into here is the lack of interest on IDing those involved. Most want to know and see who died. I put in a lot of work into IDing who I believe to be Cynthia Nobles and Angela Ochs, as well as many other survivors, but no ensuing interest. Crickets. I think we keep going over the same people in the videos round-and-round because of a lack of genuine interest. So am I doing this for my own edification? If no one gives a damn, why should I be doing this when I could be doing something else constructive? What happened to those genuinely interested? Billoween and RodentLady seem to be the only ones truly interested. Pathetic.

I'm sorry you feel that way, Lt. Frank. I can only speak for myself, but I appreciate the hard work you've put into ID'ing all of these people. I just think there's a lack of engagement all around... hopefully with the anniversary coming up, there will be a spark of interest and some more activity on here. Please don't stop what you're doing!

Now that you mentioned it, I went and watched the video again. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bump.jpg 
Views:	226 
Size:	97.1 KB 
ID:	54935 Milisa Bump's picture on bottom right. What do you think? Neither of the other two girls look like Cathren Prunier, though. And I do not have a pic of Tammy Denno. Now I really need to find Tammy Denno (and also Matthew Dussault). Cathren Prunier: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Prunier2.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	34.2 KB 
ID:	54937
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Lt. Frank Drebin; 02-06-2020 at 07:42 PM.

That was weird, I had to change the color of your text to read it Frank.

I'm still here. Life is busy for me, but I'm loving all the activity lately. Frank, your work is much appreciated. Bill, love all the anecdotes. Amanda, great to see the first of hopefully many screenshots from the new Barylick/Butler video. Let's keep this going!