Page 35 of 43 FirstFirst ... 263334353637 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,750 of 2148

Thread: Station Nightclub fire in West Warwick, Rhode Island 2

This video really messed me up when I first watched it. It's made me be very aware of all the exits in any club I've been in. That video is just horrifying. It's very educational though when you think about it. This should have never happened. I can't imagine the level of ptsd that every survivor has from that night. No wonder the firefighters don't want to talk about it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by billoween View Post
    Jimmy “Cigar” D - I come up with two veterans amongst the deceased.

-Tracy King, the bouncer/rescuer served for 4 years in the Army in the 80’s with the Military Police in Germany, Japan, and Texas. He was from Warwick.

-E. “Tommy” Woodmansee III, of Charlestown, R.I., was an Army National Guardsman who served 3 years.

I don’t see anything wrong if you were to plant a couple of those tiny flags on a dowel, but I think your instincts about Veteran’s Day are the best. Or Memorial Day.

Those times when a survivor has described being picked up by the belt and neck—and moved toward or even thrown out a bar window—always makes me wonder if that was some kind of technique King might have learned in the military police. Kevin Beese also served in the Military Police, but he, of course, survived.
    Thanks B I will reach out to Parks & Recreation for West Warwick and ask them about being able to do it I think you are right about Veterans Day proposal for the honoring ( Memorial Day is to honor those

that sacrificed themselves during war or a conflict ) It will give me time to see if there were any other Veterans among the 100 that we may not know about God forbid I don't want to miss any 2 out of a

100 sounds low. What do you think ?

That was a technique taught to us in the Navy for a incapacitated person A belt, pant or collar of uniform, backpack or utility vest of uniform to remove from dangerous area I think you may be correct

Training comes automatic under stressful circumstances Thanks again for any info Jimmy D
    Last edited by cigardaddio smoke; 01-27-2021 at 02:11 PM. Reason: wrong spot on reply

Hi cigardaddio, Welcome! I attended the GW show in Allentown, PA one week before the The Station show -- same fireworks and everything. I was up near the stage.

Billoween, Jason Lund died? Damn. Wonder if he appears in the pre-fire video.

A couple pages back, someone mentioned survivor Andrea Stewart.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Stewart_Andrea.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	54.0 KB 
ID:	55110
    Could this be her, at the 30 second mark into the fire?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stewart_LI.jpg 
Views:	577 
Size:	367.6 KB 
ID:	55112
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pezzelli_LI.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	117.2 KB 
ID:	55111  

Thanks Lt. Frank Ya the Bangor show did have those grebes? near the end of the show but we got in there a couple of songs into the start so didn't get to see if they were at the start, which now I believe were

done at the beginning for sure. They would follow the same pattern at every show that they got permission for ( maybe or a little trickery! ) They were bouncing off what I remember to be plywood so didn't

have any effect of burning but they were spraying all over the place. Crazy I thought in a space that small but had great response from the audience. I remember seeing Nickelback at a surprise show at the

Palladium in Worchester Ma. They had a similar setup during one of their hit songs, Rockstar, and wow the size of those fireworks were 3 times the size of Station and this place isn't much bigger. They were

flying and bouncing all of the place ! Amazing they didn't start up some sort of fire ! Stay safe JD

Lt. Frank - well look who's back. And with photos in hand. Thanks for the Andrea Stewart ID. Nice spotting. She had a rough time of it; you can see her old physical wounds on the close-up. Her concert friend, Leigh Moreau (D), was not as lucky. Earlier on February 20th, Moreau had attended a funeral. Going to have to look into that.

And Frank, if you have any tips on imbedding photos, I'm all ears.

Lt. Frank - well look who's back. And with photos in hand. Thanks for the Andrea Stewart ID. Nice spotting. She had a rough time of it; you can see her old physical wounds on the close-up. Her concert friend, Leigh Moreau (D), was not as lucky. Earlier on February 20th, Moreau had attended a funeral. Going to have to look into that.

And Frank, if you have any tips on imbedding photos, I'm all ears.
    When you hit the 'Reply' button, at the top of the reply box, are you hitting the 'Insert Image' button?

Welcome back, Frank!

Well it's get close now - I plan on going to pay respects either the 19th or 20th ( depending on job ) so if anyone that's long distance needs me to take pics of anything specific please let me know and I will be

more than happy to contribute. I did contact the West Warwick Parks & Rec and they were fine with a small tribute of a Veteran's status on or near the granite displays. I do believe I am going to wait till

around Veterans Day to put them in place so I have time to gather more info ( hopefully with the full strengths of this forum and other sources ) to make sure I id all possible Veterans among the 100.

Please reach out with any info, comments or pic requests Thanks Jimmy D Go Brady TB12 !!

Quote Originally Posted by navallint View Post
    Here is a pic of bodies from the fire. WARNING very graphic http://i.imgur.com/5ekIYWh.jpg

I can't even imagine such a horrific way to find yourself dying like this. RIP
    sorry - I'm a few years late but I just wanted to say that this photo is *NOT* of any victims form the Station Fire... I've read in numerous places that it's actually from a Club fire in Brazil..but Station Fire is attached to the pic because of the similar circumstances.

The front row of cars at The Station that night begins with Tammy Mattera-Housa's 1999 Hyundai Elantra. It's parked a little haphazardly, almost on the sidewalk of Kulas Avenue. She got to the show with her friend, survivor Erin Whalen-Cowan, at about 9 pm.

Erin--I'm friends with her now--remembers how they'd squeezed in "on an incline on Kulas." (The utility pole in front of the Hyundai holds the transformer and wires that starts sparking at about 11:30 pm.)

Inside the club, in the panic, Erin got to the main bar, right behind the ticket podium wall, but says she got trampled and "used as a spring board." She wished for God to take her quickly, then promptly passed out. Eventually she felt herself get picked up and carried to the right bar window by someone unknown. Her memory, next, is of being passed to a man in a blue, buttoned-down shirt on the outside. She hugged him until he said he had to keep rescuing more.

Erin would love to know who rescued her. I have given her a list of 5 people who were her most likely outside rescuers. And, of course, I've told her that the first person, the one who carried her to the window was quite probably bouncer Tracy King (D).

Ironically, the next vehicle in the photo is Tracy King's 1995 Dodge Ram 1500 (with dark cab cover over the pick-up's bed).

Witness statements have him dying not far from his own vehicle. Rick Sanetti and Shamus Horan teamed up to get him out the left-most bar window which he was hung up on. They then dragged him 20 feet to the sidewalk on Kulas, where he died. Sanetti wrote, "Tracy was helping many people. I was the last to see him alive, and he died in my arms, a true hero."

It worked!

I have tried scanning through posts about Identifying people in the Pre-Show video and am wondering if the couple fairly clearly shown in the background at the 2:24 mark have been ID'd??

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    It worked!
    Indeed, and I want to thank Amanda, Frank, Pkstracy, and Dionyzus for technical and morale support. Ready for more?

Wow, what a story about Tracy King. Didn't know that he actually did make it out of The Station.
    The reason a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail instead of his tongue.

Highlighted: Jen Choquette’s soon-to-be junked blue 2000 Ford Focus was directly behind Tracy King’s Dodge Ram. Next to it was Steve and Andrea Mancini’s totally burned out ‘96 VW Jetta.
    (hard to make out)

Indeed, and I want to thank Amanda, Frank, Pkstracy, and Dionysus for technical and morale support. Ready for more?
    I was happy that I could help you and you are most welcome, don't hesitate to ask if you need more help

Hello all, I am new here, been wanting to post for a long time, but between reading the wealth of information here in the older forum and this new one and clicking on all the links posted within this forum that still work, it has taken me quite a while to finally post something, because there is so much to read, I got as far as 2015 before I said I'll never get this posted if I do not break free and post something.
    First of all I knew one of the victims whose name was Samuel Miceli, from Lisbon Connecticut. I was looking for his appearance in any of the videos, but so far have found none, but he is on the list of those who did not survive along with Jude Henault also from Lisbon, Connecticut.
    So I did know at least one person who lost their life on February 20 2003 inside the club.

I wanted to correct some posts I seen from 2015 and back, regarding Sarah J. Telgarsky from Plainfield, Connecticut. I have tried my best, to see if anyone has finally resolved where she appears in the pre-show video. At one point she was correctly identified, then that was corrected to another woman appearing in the beginning of the fire footage video.

Let me help clarify, where she does appear in the pre-fire video and her daughter's trial testimony where she identifies her mother in the video as (quote) "The one dancing in front of the stage with a red sweater on and having a great time" the link to that video.
    #3 SARAH BALLARD Victim Impact Statement RI STATION NIGHTCLUB FIRE - YouTube

Listen to her words beginning at 4:15 in this video

Therefore this is in fact Sarah J. Telgarsky in the center lower right of this photo with the red sweater on and blonde hair. Hope this helps!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vlcsnap-2021-02-10-22h50m51s164.png 
Views:	137 
Size:	108.5 KB 
ID:	55124  
    Last edited by MrBruce; 02-10-2021 at 08:26 PM. Reason: Fixed a typo

Hey Bruce welcome to the forums, thank you for correcting the identification and I am sorry that you lost someone you knew in the fire. Please read the FAQ at the top of the home page and if you need any help please feel free to ask me or any other staff member.

pkstracy thanks for the welcome and yes, I have already read the forum rules when I signed up.
    Also, thank you for your kind words regarding the loss of my friend.

(cont.'d)

...It's difficult to make out the black Jetta, but I will provide a different angle in an upcoming photo. Reportedly the Jetta's sun roof had melted down into the interior, as if an invisible bowling ball was weighing it down.

Blocking Mancini's VW is club manager Kevin Beese's gray 1991 Pontiac Bonneville. It, too, was a total loss. In Greg Best's video we see a firefighter attempting to break its driver's-side window.
    (Firemen and other witnesses reported that the tires of the cars at this end of the club were exploding in the heat.)

Next we have survivor Glenn Therriault's black 2002 Honda. He had mentioned being surprised to see such an empty prime spot, which was right at the beginning of the ramp to the main doors. Actually, he had backed his car into the handicapped space; snow and ice over the asphalt probably made it hard to see the wheelchair designation.
    Glenn Therriault is in the pre-show at :33. He appears to be giving a secret sign with one hand against his chest. In the same shot is Walter Rich (D)--aka "Mr. Yellow Shirt"--Therriault's neighbor and pal from Attleboro, Massachusetts. Therriaultt had given Rich a ticket, in part for Rich having snow-blown his driveway.

Next comes Evan Clabot's dark metallic blue 1990 Honda Accord. Clabots came to meet up with his old elementary school friend, Phil Barr (the Bates College swimmer). Clabots got helped out a bar window--almost in front of his Honda--and he eventually located Barr, sitting on a fire truck's step and screaming. He rushed his friend over to The Cowesett Inn.

The maroon car was Milisa Bump's 1994 Chevy Lumina. She'd driven her friends Tammy Denno and Cathren Prunier to The Station that night and they'd arrived quite early. All three survived, but not her Chevy. In the Butler tape we see an exhausted male survivor layed out over the Chevy's trunk.

Finally, in front of the main doors, is John Arpin's white 1993 Buick Skylark (with red interior). His vehicle really took a beating. Several people landed on its hood, including West Warwick P.O. Mark Knott at the beginning, and survivor Brandon Fravala near the end.

First, the rear of the Mancini's Jetta and the front of Kevin Beese's Bonneville.

Second, the rear of Jen Choquette's Ford Focus and the rear of Tracy King's 1995 Dodge Ram.

Wow, you were able to identify all of the cars. Super interesting.
    The reason a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail instead of his tongue.

Here's David Brayman's '99 Mazda pickup with a snow-covered cargo area. Brayman's the carpenter from Connecticut who, after drinking at the main bar for hours, left with Joe Barber's sister, Kathy, around 10:45 to go to a Wendy's about 5 minutes away. They took Kathy's car, which was parked over at the Nissan dealership. When they returned, the club was fully engulfed.

After getting his Mazda back from the West Warwick towing company two days later, he discovered a de-gloved lady's finger--complete with painted nail--in the snow in the back. A West Warwick police detective came to his home and picked up the finger.

Now, look at this frame captured from later Butler footage.
    We see a figure, probably a woman, standing at Brayman's pickup with her hands in the snow.

(By the way, that's Lisa D'Andrea"s (D) red '97 Toyota Corolla next to it.)

(cont.'d)

...It's difficult to make out the black Jetta, but I will provide a different angle in an upcoming photo. Reportedly the Jetta's sun roof had melted down into the interior, as if an invisible bowling ball was weighing it down.

Blocking Mancini's VW is club manager Kevin Beese's gray 1991 Pontiac Bonneville. It, too, was a total loss. In Greg Best's video we see a firefighter attempting to break its driver's-side window.
    (Firemen and other witnesses reported that the tires of the cars at this end of the club were exploding in the heat.)

Next we have survivor Glenn Therriault's black 2002 Honda. He had mentioned being surprised to see such an empty prime spot, which was right at the beginning of the ramp to the main doors. Actually, he had backed his car into the handicapped space; snow and ice over the asphalt probably made it hard to see the wheelchair designation.
    Glenn Therriault is in the pre-show at :33. He appears to be giving a secret sign with one hand against his chest. In the same shot is Walter Rich (D)--aka "Mr. Yellow Shirt"--Therriault's neighbor and pal from Attleboro, Massachusetts. Therriaultt had given Rich a ticket, in part for Rich having snow-blown his driveway.

Next comes Evan Clabot's dark metallic blue 1990 Honda Accord. Clabots came to meet up with his old elementary school friend, Phil Barr (the Bates College swimmer). Clabots got helped out a bar window--almost in front of his Honda--and he eventually located Barr, sitting on a fire truck's step and screaming. He rushed his friend over to The Cowesett Inn.

The maroon car was Milisa Bump's 1994 Chevy Lumina. She'd driven her friends Tammy Denno and Cathren Prunier to The Station that night and they'd arrived quite early. All three survived, but not her Chevy. In the Butler tape we see an exhausted male survivor layed out over the Chevy's trunk.

Finally, in front of the main doors, is John Arpin's white 1993 Buick Skylark (with red interior). His vehicle really took a beating. Several people landed on its hood, including West Warwick P.O. Mark Knott at the beginning, and survivor Brandon Fravala near the end.
    Amazing work Bill! Also that the Lord for those firefighters in the doorway... i can't imagine the horrors that would be there if they wasn't blocking the view. I think that is one of the 'best' parts of this case - Apart from some shots of the doorway in the Butler vid there is effectively no media of victims or remains.

Great work as always, Bill! And I am always happy to help.

MrBruce, welcome! I'm so sorry for your loss. There seems to be some confusion as far as the ID of Sarah Telgarsky... she has been ID'd in the pre-show video where she is in the front row, applying lipstick, and I believe she's spotted at another point in that video as well. She is wearing a dark red sweater, and the girl with the red shirt has been ID'd as Julie Belson, the girlfriend of Frank Canillas. Julie was a bit younger than Sarah, and if you watch the pre-show video closely, you can see Julie being held from behind by Frank. Sarah was not there with Frank, so there's no reason why he'd be holding her from behind. Sarah was further to the left toward the front; I've attached the screenshot of her putting her lipstick on (which is also mentioned at some point by her daughter, I don't remember where).

Anyway, happy to have you here and look forward to seeing more of your posts!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SaraT.png 
Views:	115 
Size:	600.3 KB 
ID:	55125

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderAmander View Post

MrBruce, welcome! I'm so sorry for your loss. There seems to be some confusion as far as the ID of Sarah Telgarsky... she has been ID'd in the pre-show video where she is in the front row, applying lipstick, and I believe she's spotted at another point in that video as well. She is wearing a dark red sweater, and the girl with the red shirt has been ID'd as Julie Belson, the girlfriend of Frank Canillas. Julie was a bit younger than Sarah, and if you watch the pre-show video closely, you can see Julie being held from behind by Frank. Sarah was not there with Frank, so there's no reason why he'd be holding her from behind. Sarah was further to the left toward the front; I've attached the screenshot of her putting her lipstick on (which is also mentioned at some point by her daughter, I don't remember where).

I think Julie and Frank were two of the very few people from that front row who got out aren't they?

According to the website 'The Guest List' is due to be screened on Saturday, the 18th anniversary. However it has been 'details to be announced' since last year, I wonder if it won't be screened after all? I'm surprised Netflix etc haven't picked it up.

Quote Originally Posted by JXG999 View Post
    I think Julie and Frank were two of the very few people from that front row who got out aren't they?

According to the website 'The Guest List' is due to be screened on Saturday, the 18th anniversary. However it has been 'details to be announced' since last year, I wonder if it won't be screened after all? I'm surprised Netflix etc haven't picked it up.
    Hi JXG999, yes, I believe Frank and Julie were some of the very few from the front row to survive. I know Frank suffered some pretty serious injuries and was hospitalized for a bit, but I'm not sure how Julie fared immediately following the fire. They are both on Facebook though and seem to be doing well now.

I really hope The Guest List comes out soon! It looks really good, I know a lot of people have been waiting for a long time. That would be awesome if it was picked up by Netflix or Hulu or something big!

Quote Originally Posted by Noelle1966 View Post
    Wow, you were able to identify all of the cars. Super interesting.
    Thanks Noelle—after the anniversary I’ll post some more car stories.

Dirt Gurl - I’ve also always wondered who that couple is. I bet we can ID them one of these days.

Mr. Bruce - everyone was a lurker once. Welcome.

JXG - thanks Joe. It’s a team effort, isn’t it.

Amanda - thanks for your kind words. And I appreciated you diplomatically pointing out the real Sarah Telgarsky. I may get to see her daughter, Sarah Ballard, on Saturday. I just finished packing to go up to the anniversary. Leaving early to avoid a winter storm situation. I’ll report back on any new findings. 😷

Hey Billoween Thanks for car stories, very interesting how the vehicles faired so close to the fire . I always wondered how the driver got the bus out of there with all the vehicles in the lot. Being a CDL coach

driver on the part time I know it's very difficult to maneuver thru a lot like that one jammed like that. I was always struck funny when he passes by the guys saying " get this bus outta here " and the guy ( not

sure if he was the driver ) just went " oohhh yyaaa !! " in the video . I read somewhere in the posts that they had a hard time starting it up to move, but I never saw anywhere on the video of it actually leaving.

I am planning on going tomorrow morning to pay my respects, it should look peaceful with new snowfall surrounding the memorial. Be safe all !! Jimmy D

Jimmy D & Bill- that's awesome you guys will be at the memorial this weekend. Please take some pics for us! Like Jimmy said, I'm sure it will be beautiful with the snow.

I'm not sure if this has been posted before, but I came across this link about the 15 year anniversary of the fire. It's pretty interesting, and the clip of the fire seems to be clearer than what we are able to find on YouTube now:
    https://www.firerescue1.com/fatal-fi...2Tta9sooEfoMC/

It's crazy that tomorrow is the 18 year anniversary. Thinking of all who were lost on that horrible night.

Hi all
    Thanks comm am & billoween
    I made it up to the memorial this morning amongst the flakes of swon and was pleasantly surprised to meet and speak with bill.
    We did our good deed for the memorial & families with some shoveling and cleaning off all plaques.
    We also had a great conversation with a local who brought flowers about how important this park is to community & families.
    I took some pics, it does look tranquil in the snowfall. Hope to post pics shortly. Hug you loved ones today and never forget. Be well
    Jimmy D

Hi Folks,
    Looking forward to catching up on all the posts. I'll be down tomorrow to pay my respects early. I'll be with/at Becky Shaw if anyone is there and wants to say hi or whatever. Thanks again for everything you are all continuing to do. I hope you all are as good as you can be all things considered.

I hope this worked - some pics from this morning. Bill and I at the memorial . Take care. Jimmy D

Name:	20210219_115120.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	291.4 KB 
ID:	55126Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210219_112756.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	720.2 KB 
ID:	55127Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210219_112704.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	431.0 KB 
ID:	55128Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210219_112715.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	493.8 KB 
ID:	55129

Cigar, where the gazebo is that where The Station sat, I am trying to line it up, to get my bearings? So many tragic fires such as the Coconut Grove, Winecoff Hotel fire, Beverly Hills Supper Club, The MGM Grand, Our Lady Of The Angels, but yet this one gets talked about the most.
    Last edited by pkstracy; 02-19-2021 at 06:26 PM.

Oh Hi pks - they built the ground up front to back of the property but i believe if you want to put the front door on a spot, i would guess the first set of stairs leading up to the gazebo ( pic of me with first set of stairs behind my head ).

So other folks may be able to figure from there where the inside stuff would be. I had only been in the building once, summer of 1999? or 2000? to see the donnas & distilers band. Every other time has been in a lot with no building.

One photo you can see Bill hard at work clearing stones, we got alot done which makes me feel like i honored them. I'm sure Bill feels the same, hes an ironman coming from CT in this weather. Hats off to him !! thanks Jimmy D

Thanks Cigar, Yeah now I can match it up, I thought where the gazebo was, was where The Station sat. Thanks guys for shoveling snow and cleaning off the stones.

Thinking of the victims, the survivors and their families on this 18th anniversary. Cigar and Bill, hope you guys have some good conversations today and tonight. The snow cover looks much like it did in 2003. Hope everybody keeps warm up there.

I remember when this happened. Such a tragedy. I can't believe it's been 18 years ago. RIP.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Remembering them today , wow 18 years ago tonight....

It's crazy to think that in just a few hours there will be adults walking the earth who had not yet been born when the fire happened. The passage of a time can be a strange thing... R.I.P. to all the victims, and best wishes for all the survivors and loved ones.

I obviously won't be at the memorial today, seeing as I live in the middle of Western Canada, but I definitely would like to make my way out there one day. Perhaps for the 20th anniversary?

Bill, Jimmy D and Carpenter: so glad you guys are making it out there for the anniversary. I’m looking forward to hearing about it and maybe seeing more pics!

Thinking of all those lost today.

didn't get my condolences in on time for the right date, i was re-reading things. i am so happy to see the memorial. they waited sooo long to get it and thank goodness it finally came together for people to have a beautiful place to honor and remember their loved ones. it IS weird how fast time passes, i can't believe 18 years ago i was on a website, on a thread like this, keeping up with information while the news was coming in... i stayed up all night and into the next day biting my nails as they kept updating the death toll. can't even IMAGINE what it was like for family and friends to have to wait all those hours to hear whether or not the person they were looking for was in a hospital, lost in the shuffle, an unidentified burn patient, or worse, gone in the fire.

the work, time and energy put into both posts that have been going for a little over 13 years here is probably one of, if not, the best resource on the internet for the fire. people have come and gone, lurked, and worked hard on identifying people and we sometimes got lucky and got to talk to people who had stories to tell of the building before the fire and the people who were there that night. i admire the dedication some of you have to visiting the site and reporting back to us, giving us a feel for what exists there now. really appreciate the photos!!!

i have and will always come back to this story, i don't always post, but i love to read updates, new info and see new members who are just becoming familiar with the fire welcomed warmly.

thinking of all the victims and grateful for this forum

https://www.wpri.com/news/local-news...8-years-later/

Name:	fc437978900c1a803acdc19484453e69.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	68.8 KB 
ID:	55133

It is always with a certain urgency I go every year to that spot on this earth to just... I don't know, be able to say we have not forgotten you all. I'm sure other feel the same way like the girl Bill & I met there.

She was just a kid when it happened and shes a local , she comes with flowers to place there and to say I remember . I hope all went well for the memorial day ( I was working late ) and all the visits and families

had peace there.

Billoween - it was great meeting you and exchanging stories. I hope you got back home with no issues. When you get a chance, please post that bus photo. I am very curious to see that and figure out how they

got it out of there before it got damaged, it was so close to the building.

Also I am very curious about the film folks are talking about. Did they do a screening or any other publicity yet ? It seems it's been a long time coming thats for sure, but labours of love usually are.

If I find more pics I'll post them for you. Happy trails Jimmy D

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderAmander View Post

CommanderAmander So you are saying this is Frank Canillas circled in this photo?

Views:	443 
Size:	120.9 KB 
ID:	55135

Hi all, been very busy this working but took time out to pay my own respects. RIP to all those who were sadly lost, they will not be forgotten!

Quote Originally Posted by MrBruce View Post
    CommanderAmander So you are saying this is Frank Canillas circled in this photo?

Views:	443 
Size:	120.9 KB 
ID:	55135
    Hey there MrBruce- yes, that is Frank Canillas.

ETA: From left to right in that photo is Scotty Dunbar, Jeff Martin (tentatively ID'd I believe), Derek Gray, behind Derek is Eugene Aviles (can't see him in this screen shot), unknown, then Frank and Julie. Eugene and Frank looked almost identical from behind as they both had long, dark, straight hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Lush View Post
    didn't get my condolences in on time for the right date, i was re-reading things. i am so happy to see the memorial. they waited sooo long to get it and thank goodness it finally came together for people to have a beautiful place to honor and remember their loved ones. it IS weird how fast time passes, i can't believe 18 years ago i was on a website, on a thread like this, keeping up with information while the news was coming in... i stayed up all night and into the next day biting my nails as they kept updating the death toll. can't even IMAGINE what it was like for family and friends to have to wait all those hours to hear whether or not the person they were looking for was in a hospital, lost in the shuffle, an unidentified burn patient, or worse, gone in the fire.

the work, time and energy put into both posts that have been going for a little over 13 years here is probably one of, if not, the best resource on the internet for the fire. people have come and gone, lurked, and worked hard on identifying people and we sometimes got lucky and got to talk to people who had stories to tell of the building before the fire and the people who were there that night. i admire the dedication some of you have to visiting the site and reporting back to us, giving us a feel for what exists there now. really appreciate the photos!!!

i have and will always come back to this story, i don't always post, but i love to read updates, new info and see new members who are just becoming familiar with the fire welcomed warmly.

thinking of all the victims and grateful for this forum

https://www.wpri.com/news/local-news...8-years-later/

Name:	fc437978900c1a803acdc19484453e69.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	68.8 KB 
ID:	55133
    Lush, great to see you here! I know you were active on this thread before. Don't be a stranger!

Hi Gang—
    Just got back from another memorable anniversary in West Warwick.
    Will go into more detail soon once I get my shit together here.
    Talked to 2 survivors I’d never met before: Theresa Labree and Paul Pelletier.

Jimmy D. and Carpenter were great to hang with in person. Good talkers, good listeners, and both full of a natural empathy. We’re so lucky to have them here. Talk soon.
    BS—Jimmy, your bus shot is coming very soon.

This is going to sound weird, but does anyone have any dreams that they were there that night? I have some dreams about it, but I have never been to Rhode Island in my life. I had to stop watching the video because I was starting to have some really bad dreams.

So...here's Dan Biechele driving the 45 foot-long tour bus out of the Station's lot. He's about to take a left and park it up the right side of Cowesett Avenue.

*Note: If you enlarge the shot and look closely, you can make out Dan Biechele--he's just beneath the long visor thing. (The driver's seat, seen in daylight police photos, was like an elevated lounge-chair.)

Back, before this photo was taken, Biechele had had to phone the tour's bus driver (John Kubus, dozing back at the local hotel) to find out how to release the brakes. Then, both a policeman and Trip's drummer, Johnny Reagle, had helped him get it out this far cleanly. All this was happening between 11:22 and 11:24 pm.

Parked parallel and somewhere between 5 and 7 feet feet from the atrium windows, the bus had seriously impeded egress from the fire--and created extra problems for the first-responders.

It's hard to imagine what must have been going through Dan Biechele's head at the time. He's probably not thinking about the buses satellite dish, which, by the way, had melted right off the roof.