Page 39 of 43 FirstFirst ... 303738394041 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,950 of 2148

Thread: Station Nightclub fire in West Warwick, Rhode Island 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GW_2...urtingFeelings

Tour Inside The Station Nightclub (RARE)

Quote Originally Posted by CWC67 View Post

That's a great video

I just found this version of the video on Facebook. Is it just me, or is this much clearer than what we usually are able to find??

https://fb.watch/8i0aJU7IzC/

Quote Originally Posted by CommanderAmander View Post
    I just found this version of the video on Facebook. Is it just me, or is this much clearer than what we usually are able to find??

https://fb.watch/8i0aJU7IzC/
    Commander, that does seem a little more clear, but then the Start Clock caption comes on. That means this is not the original clear news footage of the Butler video which we'd love to see.

Quote Originally Posted by CWC67 View Post

This is taken from one of the videos on the Google Drive. It's from 04-351-PR Evelyn Brito. Note the YouTube video only shows part of this, it is edited to mainly show the inside and outside the club on of all things, comedy night at The Station. I made a reply on that YouTube page to correct a few commenters.

Quote Originally Posted by dionyzus View Post
    Commander, that does seem a little more clear, but then the Start Clock caption comes on. That means this is not the original clear news footage of the Butler video which we'd love to see.

This is taken from one of the videos on the Google Drive. It's from 04-351-PR Evelyn Brito. Note the YouTube video only shows part of this, it is edited to mainly show the inside and outside the club on of all things, comedy night at The Station. I made a reply on that YouTube page to correct a few commenters.
    It could well be the verison that i tried to restore

That was an incredible video of The Station. I didn't realize that it was so small. So small and so dark. The swinging doors - was that the kitchen?
    The reason a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail instead of his tongue.

This happened approximately a month ago. I don't know if anyone here has seen this video but I definitely got chills...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wO4Ue3yASzE

Quote Originally Posted by Noelle1966 View Post
    That was an incredible video of The Station. I didn't realize that it was so small. So small and so dark.
    Yeah, the first time I saw that video I was also really surprised at how small it looked. Same with the photos of the WASP pre-show setup from the Google Drive (click for larger version):

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rsSkvjX.jpg 
Views:	455 
Size:	257.4 KB 
ID:	55243

The thing about the Butler video is that it was mostly shot on a wide angle, which makes everything look smaller and farther away than it actually is, thus giving the impression of being in a larger room/setting than you actually are. When I first saw the Butler video it felt like it could reasonably in a venue meant for many hundreds of people, but after seeing the Evelyn Brito tape and the photo posted above I was quite shocked at how small the venue really looked.

The dance floor portion in particular looks absolutely tiny. In fact, that picture seems to be taken almost where Butler was when he slowed down and was accused of blocking people. It really reinforces just how small and crowded that space was and how quickly and ferociously the fire would've spread in a room like that. It also shows how close the stage exit is and how accessible it could've been to many people had the bouncers not blocked it.

Quote Originally Posted by subarctican View Post
    Yeah, the first time I saw that video I was also really surprised at how small it looked. Same with the photos of the WASP pre-show setup from the Google Drive (click for larger version):

The thing about the Butler video is that it was mostly shot on a wide angle, which makes everything look smaller and farther away than it actually is, thus giving the impression of being in a larger room/setting than you actually are. When I first saw the Butler video it felt like it could reasonably in a venue meant for many hundreds of people, but after seeing the Evelyn Brito tape and the photo posted above I was quite shocked at how small the venue really looked.

The dance floor portion in particular looks absolutely tiny. In fact, that picture seems to be taken almost where Butler was when he slowed down and was accused of blocking people. It really reinforces just how small and crowded that space was and how quickly and ferociously the fire would've spread in a room like that. It also shows how close the stage exit is and how accessible it could've been to many people had the bouncers not blocked it.
    Wow, I've somehow missed this photo in my research on the drive- I can't believe how tiny the dance floor was! You're right, BB's wide angel made everything look much bigger.

I wanted to share some photos I took when I was up at the Memorial last month. I love the rainbow effect that happened in some of the pics. I also was reading Thomas Marion's stone and admiring the guitar pick on it when a dragonfly landed on it. I couldn't get a pic fast enough, but I could definitely feel... something. It's really beautiful there. <3

Name:	IMG_1738.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	553.6 KB 
ID:	55245Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1726.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	146.6 KB 
ID:	55246Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1718.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	132.0 KB 
ID:	55247Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1732.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	145.8 KB 
ID:	55244Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1725.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	181.3 KB 
ID:	55248
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1720.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	178.2 KB 
ID:	55249  

@CommanderAmander- Wow, gorgeous photos! I love the thick greenery before it dies off for the season.

@subarctican- Is that a fire extinguisher on the floor behind the man standing in the stage doorway?

That does indeed appear to be a fire extinguisher nestled in that doorway. Also, note the lack of foam all over the walls and ceiling - this was the setup for WASP in March 2000, the first major show with the club under the Derderians' control. The foam didn't get installed until three months later.

Dan Biechele was also the tour manager for WASP on this tour and also set off sparkler pyrotechnics for them, but with no ill effect on this particular night (I wonder if that was a contributing factor to him choosing to use the pyro again on that same stage with Great White?)

Is anyone able to identify whether he's one of the people on stage in that photo? I don't know whether he had long hair back then like he did on the night of the fire.

It looks like there is a part when he is talking that a man comes out of a dead end hallway. I think that those must have been the restrooms?
    The reason a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail instead of his tongue.

It looks like there is a part when he is talking that a man comes out of a dead end hallway. I think that those must have been the restrooms?
    Lots of good discussion lately. I'll start with this: yes in the Evelyn Brito tape when the guy is talking next to the crock pots, you get a good view of the restroom hallway, lit up in neon. And Noelle, based on the Station floorplan which is shown here, the swinging doors near the kitchen actually lead to a storage hallway, beyond which is the walk-in cooler. Remember that in the pre-show video Butler and Tracy King staged a walkthrough of a guy carrying a case of beer from the cooler through the double doors, and across the dart room to the back bar.

bustakita writes: "This happened approximately a month ago. I don't know if anyone here has seen this video but I definitely got chills"
    This was first posted in this thread a few weeks ago by subarctican. A wedding video from Mexico. A lot of similarity to the Station Fire and the Colectiv fire. Thankfully this one ended well, after the flammable decorations fell away from the ceiling and snuffed themselves out. And speaking of subarctican, great find of the WASP setup pic from 2000. The guy in the red shirt looks a little like Biechele, but it's hard to tell.

Since the Brito tape is new to many of you, I'll point out another one that has good views inside the Station, the 27 minute Emery Vesch tape. It's a strange video of a band who are like a frumpier version of the Friends cast, they like to joke around but are more musical. But thankfully they recorded themselves at the Station in March 2002, showing the interior from many angles. For example there's a good view of the inside of the greenhouse atrium windows at the 3:00 mark, and good views of the foam covering the stage walls around 15:00.
    Here is the link to the video on the Google Drive.

Hi everyone! I got access to the video portion of the google drive, is there a portion that has files, court docs, etc? I thought I saw a link for access request for that part but I recall it not working for me…

Quote Originally Posted by elnutty View Post
    Hi everyone! I got access to the video portion of the google drive, is there a portion that has files, court docs, etc? I thought I saw a link for access request for that part but I recall it not working for me…
    Here's the full thing: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...6g&usp=sharing

Thanks!!!!

A brand new special about the fire will be on 10/23 10pm EST on CBS and Paramount. Looks like the Derderians are speaking out. This should be interesting…

http://a.msn.com/07/en-us/AAPN2Pf?ocid=se

Ooh, thanks for sharing, Commander!!

Pessimistically, it looks like more publicity for the Scott James version of the story.

How creepy are the brothers in their pastel shirts of baby blue and pale pink? (Duality)

A brand new special about the fire will be on 10/23 10pm EST on CBS and Paramount. Looks like the Derderians are speaking out. This should be interesting…

http://a.msn.com/07/en-us/AAPN2Pf?ocid=se
    Thanks Commander, I watched this 48 Hours episode tonight, it was certainly interesting. As expected, this was a companion piece to Scott James' book Trial By Fire. James himself appears for interview segments, as well as the survivor he focused on in his book, Phil Barr. And as RL mentioned, the Derderian brothers take a central role. Thankfully Linda Fisher also appears, and says she believes the brothers have never adequately taken responsibility for their role in what happened. So it wasn't as one-sided as James' book.

Conspicuously absent was any mention of the headcount, which was a focal point in James' book in an attempt to exonerate the Derderians. I was glad to hear Barr say near the beginning how crowded it was in the club, giving a more accurate picture of the overcrowding and its role in the tragedy that night. The program did focus significant time on the foam and fire marshal Dennis Larocque's failure to test or even notice it. They also mentioned a document that was new to me. Barry Warner, the noise-complaining neighbor who sold the foam to the Derderians, sent an anonymous fax to investigators a few months after the fire, later identifying himself as the sender. The rambling note implicated the owner of his company American Foam for shady business practices. A key allegation it makes is that American Foam "is well aware of the dangers of poly urethane foam" but they "did not want to lose a sale by telling the truth." This 8-page fax is included in a Barry Warner witness statement on the Google Drive for those who want to read it.

Note that this solves the mystery of the Kinkos Surveillance video on the Google Drive. Warner sent his 8-page fax from a Kinkos. He sent it anonymously (at first), so the police were trying to use the surveillance video to identify the sender.

One more neat thing was they made a 3D rendering of the floor plan of the Station, and it looked pretty accurate. It was nice to see, and they used it to show the escape paths of Phil Barr and Linda Fisher.

Uh-huh'
    Look @ post 1339 in this thread and it still sickens me whenever I get a delivery from them.

RodentLady- absolutely creepy. They give me the heebie jeebies!

Dion- I watched it myself today. The thing that stuck out to me most was when Jeff Derderian commented that he got out the front door before the rush of people. He then proceeded to say how he was trying to help people get out by telling them to leave. That just tells me that he bailed as soon as he saw the severity of the situation. He went out that front door before anyone else had a chance to even get there. Clearly, it was every man for himself that night as far as he’s concerned.

CWC67- I would imagine seeing anything from American Foam would freak you out. Do you guys do a lot of business with them?

Billoween, where you at?

I use internet only. Thankfully, the CBS website put up the episode a couple hours after airing: https://www.cbs.com/shows/48_hours/
    I had to disable AdBlock, which gave the viewing experience a very 2003 feel. Television commercials!!! Such an anachronism.

Better than I thought it would be! The most extreme pieces of disinformation from Scott James were not used and the focus was on the foam. I remember reading about Barry Warner's 'Fax Gate' some years ago.

The best thing from the brothers was Jeff's admission that "the door would go back up." Thereby declaring to millions of us that he knew it was dangerous and wrong.

Neither brother wore a wedding band. Either they never have (I'll take a look at old pics) or they have both divorced.
    26:18- Mike's large keloid neck scar at his December 2003 arraignment has always intrigued me. Had he tried to hang himself or cut his throat? Someone who was a customer of his (he was an insurance agent among other things) told me that he was blatantly suicidal at one point. I do NOT recall the timing, though.

Jody King "got a call." Not "his wife called him." His description of Tracy coming out of the club many times must mean that he used the bar door.

It was nice to see Linda Fisher Saran. However, I was a bit horrified when I looked her up to see that she lives directly across from a church where my parents took me in the 70s and 80s. Many years later, my best friend (who never attended the church) told me that she and other 4/5 year old little girls who lived near the church were molested by a priest who lived in the rectory for several months. Gross. Rhode Island is a very small state.

RodentLady- absolutely creepy. They give me the heebie jeebies!

CWC67- I would imagine seeing anything from American Foam would freak you out. Do you guys do a lot of business with them?
    Yes, we use their foam to pack our boxes.

The best thing from the brothers was Jeff's admission that "the door would go back up." Thereby declaring to millions of us that he knew it was dangerous and wrong.
    RodentLady, you are absolutely right- he threw that little tidbit out there in defense of their actions too! Do they really not see anything wrong with these things? Them "speaking out" did nothing but confirm what scumbags they are. I agree that it was nice to hear from Linda too... and it was great to hear Patrick Lynch's opinion of them as well, he could barely hide his disgust.

Also, JD's hair was quite... orange

I am going to watch this 48 Hours special. It sounds very interesting. The video with the comedian talking - does anyone know when that took place? I am wondering if anyone in that video was in The Station that night and either escaped or perished. It seems as if it was a place that people just wanted to hang out at. Sad that it turned into such a terrible horror.

The Derderians are on a 'white-wash tour' about The Station fire, says father who lost son

https://www.providencejournal.com/story/news/local/2021/10/24/48-hours-show-makes-no-mention-station-nightclubs-overcrowding/6165535001/

Interesting show about the Derderian Brothers. Rodent Lady, I think that Jeff Derderian did wear a wedding ring at the trial - I may be wrong. I think that there are a lot of laws that need to be changed. One is about the LaRocque man. He most certainly was responsible. I don't know, but it kind of seemed as if Patrick Lynch was protecting LaRocque. The overcrowding should have been brought up.

Hi gang—It’s been wonderful to see all the action and deep thoughts here. You know me; I’ll have a lot to say soon.

Currently trying to live up to my name and pull off my 26th big Halloween.
    I also slipped once and had to go to the emergency room for 19 stitches in my head. I hit a sharp rock with my skull.
    But the cat scan was good and I’m back at it.
    Talk soon, Billoween

Quote Originally Posted by billoween View Post
    Hi gang—It’s been wonderful to see all the action and deep thoughts here. You know me; I’ll have a lot to say soon.

Currently trying to live up to my name and pull off my 26th big Halloween.
    I also slipped once and had to go to the emergency room for 19 stitches in my head. I hit a sharp rock with my skull.
    But the cat scan was good and I’m back at it.
    Talk soon, Billoween
    Well, just hope all the best to you.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Looks like Michael D and his second wife have divorced. She was known as his girlfriend "Kristina Link" before the fire. They hurriedly married, which was widely perceived by the public as a tactical move to invoke spousal privilege about testifying.

RIvoters.com listed her as "Kristina K. Derderian" back in April of 2012.
    She had no activity for five years and showed up in March of 2017 as "Kristina K. Kovacs." (KKK) She has been active under this name every year.

Hey everyone, Been getting busier lately at the VA but I've been reading posts and all the info is great. Billoween, hope your scary night was fantastic but try not to damage yourself to bad - I went up to Salem over the weekend and it was off the charts. I am
    gearing up to make my trip out to the Memorial on Veterans Day week so I can honor those 5 victims properly with their deserved recognition as a proud member of our Military service. I'll take pics when I'm there and post.
    I have to say all the discussion from members and analysis is amazing. You guys really get in the weeds, and that's exactly what the victims and the survivors ( and their families ) deserve . Bravo !!
    Be safe Jimmy D

Quote Originally Posted by cigardaddio smoke View Post
    Hey everyone, Been getting busier lately at the VA but I've been reading posts and all the info is great. Billoween, hope your scary night was fantastic but try not to damage yourself to bad - I went up to Salem over the weekend and it was off the charts. I am
    gearing up to make my trip out to the Memorial on Veterans Day week so I can honor those 5 victims properly with their deserved recognition as a proud member of our Military service. I'll take pics when I'm there and post.
    I have to say all the discussion from members and analysis is amazing. You guys really get in the weeds, and that's exactly what the victims and the survivors ( and their families ) deserve . Bravo !!
    Be safe Jimmy D
    Have a great day today at the Memorial, Jimmy. Salute the 5 veterans for us. And please list them for everyone when you get a chance.

Greetings all. I made it to Memorial last week but was during the evening due to my duties at the VA on our solemn day. I was able to secure the flags to the 5 plaques of the victims who had served or was currently still serving. My hope is those who visit the site will have respite and ease the anguish. I hope the pictures come though good for your viewing, I was pleasantly surprise to see automatic lights as I hadn't been there before at night ! Thanks to every one who helped and provided info for them to be honored. Stay safe. Jimmy D

My first attempt did not take so let's try this instead ... Everett Woodmansee, Tracy King, James Gooden Jr, Charline Gingras-Fick, Daniel Fredrickson. The Veterans of the 100 victims at Station Nightclub. I am very pleased I could honor them for their service and hope to continue the annual tradition as long as I am able. Being a Navy vet myself and being lucky enough to work with vets at the Brockton, Ma. VA hospital, this is near & dear to my heart. Thanks again for help in the search !! Jimmy

Name:	fick.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	207.0 KB 
ID:	55268Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fredrickson.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	429.2 KB 
ID:	55267Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gooden.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	156.9 KB 
ID:	55269Click image for larger version. 

Name:	king.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	207.4 KB 
ID:	55270Click image for larger version. 

Name:	woodmansee.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	156.9 KB 
ID:	55271
    Edit : I did pick up the can by charline's but I didn't think I got it in the shot, apologies to all JD

Beautiful flags, cigar! Thank you for doing that.

---------------------------------

In post #1855, I listed six victims whose memorials all had the birth date of March 29th, 1970. An excellent new video shows every plaque, timeline entry and memorial as they appear now: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-qcusiEH04

I was WRONG about that date being Thomas Fleming's birthday. I found him on SortedByName. His birth date is November 9th, 1972.

But March 29th, 1970 IS Derek Johnson's birthday (shown at 24:50.)

Three stones have been updated:

12:45- Skott Greene. February 22nd, 1967
    14:22- Rachael Florio-DePietro. August 2nd, 1970
    20:36- Robert Reisner. November 20th, 1973

The other two have not been changed:
    14:16- Thomas Fleming
    16:40- Richard Cabral

I'm surprised by Rachael's birth year. I always thought it was 1971. From her name being released in the first week, she was listed as 31 years of age. But that has been a mistake all these years. I remember going to the old version of the memorial in August of 2006 and seeing a Happy Birthday balloon tied to her wooden cross.

FindAGrave gives the mistaken March 29th date for her and has no photo of her real cemetery grave. She is not on SortedByName under either last name. I don't know of a site that gives free access to the Master Death File anymore (UPDATE: I found a search-by-birth date version on archive.org. She was not there on any of the four dates I entered. Other versions just lead back to SortedByName.)

I found this picture:

Name:	Rachael's old memorial.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	187.8 KB 
ID:	55272

It's the earliest version of her memorial way back around 2003. When I zoomed in, I clearly saw "9-2-1971" at the top. Someone scribbled "To Rachael from another Rachel" at the side.

Curious.

Cigar, that was a very lovely tribute.

Thanks guys ! I believe we all honor them in our own ways / some of you are detailed orientated investigators / some are timeline gurus sheding light on wrong doing and injustice and others supporting family healing, friends and survivors turning away from bad outcomes with addictions helping them carry on and get stronger. All these help the whole and give comfort - if I had picked the Warwick tixs instead of the Bangor tixs - sometimes it just that simple and I would have hoped someone would hepl my family and friends cope and start smiling again.
    You guys all do that in your way - and I hope to do the same in mine. Keep the faith & stay safe !! Jimmy D
    I gotta say one more time those lights are awesome and they do say on Google maps the Memorial is open till 8pm !!

Name:	lawnmem.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	295.8 KB 
ID:	55274 GO BRUINS !! JD

It is so very lovely. It is on my bucket list. Very sad that the memorial had to be built because of such an awful event. I really think about these people and their friends and families and how terrible it all was. Cigar, glad that you took the Bangor tickets.

oh Thank You, me too ! I would like to think I would have the wherewithal to get out but looking at the cross section of folks there, who made it and who didn't - fate plays a huge part ! In my case living in New Hampshire at the time it was pure location and that it was two days earlier. I had been at the Station before and liked the joint, seeing The Donnas & The Distillers there around 2000. But the prospect of having to go through Boston to get down there was a bummer so we picked Bangor instead. Russells in Bangor had the same feel as the Station, size and atmosphere. I don't think price was an issue, tixs were about the same too. So the show started with Moon just like the Station video ( they shot the fireworks just like the video too ). When I watch the Station footage I'm carried back to Russells in my mind for those few seconds then it just goes to hell. All I can hope is healing is taking place as time goes on, and we as a group are helping that along. Holidays are the hardest I'm sure so bless the family & friends.
    Jimmy D

Well, I finally got my big Halloween cleaned up and put away. But I did keep up with this forum.

theotherlondon - Thanks. All is good, and my head has healed just fine.

subarctican - I liked your explanation of Butler's use of wide-angle lensing.

Dion - Liked your take on that "48 Hours" segment (CBS 10/23/21) and glad you reminded everyone about the Brito tape, which I have used stills from in the past.

Amanda - Great-looking Memorial photos. Was that your first visit there? Did you eat at The Cowesett Inn?

Jimmy D. - Way to go on your flagging of veterans. Looks like all your research paid off.

RodentLady - I appreciate your tracking of all-things-Derderian for us. And your research into all those vital dates involving the deceased.

Okay, yeah, The Station's storage room had those 2 swinging doors that Mike Jandron emerges from in the "planned" shot in Butler's pre-show. But then comes an instant where Jandron passes the single door of the kitchen, with its round, "port-hole"-style window......

Thoughts on the "48 Hours" piece:

1.) Now way did Tracy King ever leave the building, never mind repeatedly. No one ever reported seeing him outside. I believe he performed all his heroic rescue work from the inside. (And he died right after Rick Sanetti and Shamus Horan pulled him from the far left window sill.)

2.) How about the bit where the Fire Marshal told the Derderians to take the second door down and they did--but put it back up for "loud nights?"
    The loud nights were the higher crowd nights on Fridays and Saturdays, so IF they took it down, they took it down during the week (when there was barely anyone there) and put it back up exactly when it would have presented the biggest safety issue. And they said it like it was nothing; no big deal. They couldn't even admit that they were wrong to do that. It was like a "yea, this is just what we had to do in the normal course of business" kind of thing. And they deflect the blame for that to the noise complaints of the neighbors.

3.) So if Barry Warner thought American Foam was such a sketchy company, why oh why did he still send the Derderians there in the first place?

In this moment from the Butler tape, we have, of course, Dan Biechele clearing away a fire hose from the front tires of a 2001 Ford Ranger belonging to the Station's newest shot-girl, Jessica Wood, a twenty-one year-old working her second night ever at the club.

Feeling "frightened" already by the number of people packed into the club, Wood herself fled the fire relatively early by following bartender Jen Choquette's lead and making a bee-line for the nearby bar door. Later she remembered stepping right into the sink while climbing up over the bar counter.

But Wood said it was only luck that she was so close to that east bar-door exit in the first place. She'd only just left the stage area because a patron gave her a 100 dollar-bill for two Coors. And she'd walked back with it to the cut-out in the main bar so she could break it without giving away all her own change.

Not only was Wood's vehicle blocked in by all the chaos that night; her car keys were in the pocket of her coat, stashed for the night in the club's office. She picked up her car from a West Warwick towing outfit three days later.

Quote Originally Posted by billoween View Post

In this moment from the Butler tape, we have, of course, Dan Biechele clearing away a fire hose from the front tires of a 2001 Ford Ranger belonging to the Station's newest shot-girl, Jessica Wood, a twenty-one year-old working her second night ever at the club.

Feeling "frightened" already by the number of people packed into the club, Wood herself fled the fire relatively early by following bartender Jen Choquette's lead and making a bee-line for the nearby bar door. Later she remembered stepping right into the sink while climbing up over the bar counter.

But Wood said it was only luck that she was so close to that east bar-door exit in the first place. She'd only just left the stage area because a patron gave her a 100 dollar-bill for two Coors. And she'd walked back with it to the cut-out in the main bar so she could break it without giving away all her own change.

Not only was Wood's vehicle blocked in by all the chaos that night; her car keys were in the pocket of her coat, stashed for the night in the club's office. She picked up her car from a West Warwick towing outfit three days later.
    Wow, this looks so crazy. (thank you for posting it)
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Jason Sylvester (D), 25, drove with two friends to the Great White show in his 2001 Isuzu Amigo. He was hoping that by the time he got back to the car he would have the autographs of all of the band's members.

One of Sylvester's friends, Scott Waldeck, exited the club through a bar window just before the smoke became too thick to see anything.

The other pal, Richard Dufour, couldn't recall which window he got out of, but his burns were severe enough to put him in critical condition at Mass. General. He had no memory of the pyro ever going off--due, possibly, to some kind of subconscious repression from the extreme trauma

On the night of the fire, Pam Gruttadauria (D), 33, parked her '95 Chevy Geo Tracker at Knight's Nissan around 9:30 pm. Then she crossed the road to go to The Cowesett Inn for dinner with her best friend, Donna Mitchell (D), who was with her boyfriend, survivor Rob Feeney. At dinner, they would give Pam the good news: they'd become engaged recently while attending a Trans-Siberian Orchestra Xmas concert in Providence.

Two days after the fire, Pam's father picked up her Geo Tracker from a tow company lot. In May, Pam would succumb to organ failure and become the one-hundredth (and final) fatality of the fire. Here is her car the morning after:

Pam was not a fan of Great White. Her family said she preferred Barbara Streisand.

Hi gang and happy holidays--

Ten months ago I posted about the "adventures" of Mike Magee and Geno Goguen. (Page #36--2-28-21) They escaped from the kitchen door at the last minute, if you recall.

Well, since then, both Magee and Goguen have told me about another odd scene they'd experienced the night of the fire. This one took place a good half-hour before the fire started.

Basically, there was a couple in front of them--and they were in front of the soundboard at the time--who were having some kind of argument. Finally the woman turned and stormed out of the club. And that's when Mike said to the guy, now standing alone, "You know what you gotta do now, right? You gotta go after her."

Immediately, then, the guy turned and headed out, apparently heeding Mike's advice. And thereby, possibly, saving his own life, too.

There are witness reports that actually fit this situation.

Carl Doyle said that he and his wife, Shannon, left about 10:30 pm, adding, "the place was full, yet people were still coming in." Then, too, Shannon's brother, Ryan Moran, who was also present, said in his interview with the police that his sister's feet "were really hurting her,' hinting that that was why they left before Great White came on.

I would love to talk to the Doyles someday, for sure.

WHOA! Jack Russell announced on Tuesday that "The Guest List" is finally being released. Filming began about ten years ago!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYBzagEApCM

Update: I browsed the source interview (listed in the description.) It was conducted on Sunday December 26th, NOT Tuesday the 28th. JR's mention of the documentary starts around the 58 minute mark.

Billoween - it was so strange on who was there that night and who had a reason not to be there. Some people left early; others had car trouble, etc. It is just so strange how life works. I am anxious to see "The Guess List."

Billoween - it was so strange on who was there that night and who had a reason not to be there. Some people left early; others had car trouble, etc. It is just so strange how life works. I am anxious to see "The Guess List."
    Agree. Yeah, this whole tragedy has me obsessed with those small details of life which normally don’t matter all that much
    but which, in the scheme of the fire, matter tremendously.
    Like what people chose to wear, where they parked, whose turn it was to buy the beers, who had a headache or sore feet, etc. etc.

If I was to ever write a book or something about the Station Fire it would probably have to be more about questions of fate and destiny and not so much about who to blame for the thing.

I have an entry for that book, Bill: A friend had a nasty divorce shortly after the fire. Coincidentally, she'd seriously considered going to the Great White show but did not. Her ex husband called me (something he had NEVER done when they were married) and told me that he was disappointed she did not die in the fire because he'd had a nice life insurance policy on her at the time.

One of life's winners.

New to me!! Excellent 2019 interviews with John Fairbairn, Brandon Fravala, Brian Loftus and David Fravala:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvWkoNS-muQ

It's an episode of a dramatic recreation show called Alive that was produced in Manitoba. The character of 'Tommy' (clearly meant to be Thomas Barnett) is well done. Brian shows us "the roach that saved my life."

Best to All in 2022 ! Lets hope it's better than the last !
    Billoween - I agree 100% as I have said in past posts, Fate & Luck has a lot to do with it. Pick the Station tixs or the Bangor tixs for me just cause I'm lazy and hate driving thru Boston then. And 2 days sooner !!
    And I am also anxious to see Guest List Noelle1966 !!
    Rodentlady - That story is whack !! Insurance on her and he would have cashed in. Whow !!
    and thanks for the attachment, I'll check it out.
    I plan on swinging by the Memorial while driving for work to check on their honor flags. I'll be down in RI for a few hours. Everyone stay safe !! Jimmy D