Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Father Leaves Toddler in Car

Mammy Guest

Oops....I'm not fully awake and didn't see Mammy's post above....just as she said, this is quite interesting.

Wow...here are some telling details regarding the conversations of Ross and Leanna from the fateful day of Wednesday, 6/18, along with an analysis of their behaviors and body language while in the courtroom on Thursday, July 3. The photos, especially of him, are particularly revealing, especially the first one (seeing the true psychopath he is)....this is an outstanding read:

Shocking Detective Testimony @ Probable Cause & Bond Hearing: Statement & Body Language Analysis of Justin Ross Harris in Hot Car Death of Son Cooper
    :

http://accuratebodylanguage.com/2014...of-son-cooper/

Last edited by Cynful; 07-09-2014 at 04:15 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Casper, I love you so much baby boy... waking up with you in the house is a blessing every day! Thank you for filling our home and hearts with so much love, joy, laughter and ever so sweet Sammy smiles! We belong together! XOXOX

Mammy Guest
    I thought he looked defiant in his mug shot. His wife looked bored during the probable cause hearing and I wanted to slap the chewing gum out of her mouth. I wonder if they have even one supporter left? Family doesn't count.

MissZoot Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    I thought he looked defiant in his mug shot. His wife looked bored during the probable cause hearing and I wanted to slap the chewing gum out of her mouth. I wonder if they have even one supporter left? Family doesn't count.
    Do we count all of the people who say, "I'm really trying to withhold judgement"? I've seen a few of those.

It occurred to me today that Doughboy's original story when he stopped was that he heard the baby choking, but now the story is that he couldn't hear well enough to know Cooper was in the car once he got to work? Any bets on which the defense is going to run with? Also, thoughts on the "off the record" comment by a friend that Ross had mentioned that he had no sense of smell? How would anyone be that...doughy...if they lacked a sense of smell? Doesn't that usually kill your sense of taste as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Cynful View Post
    Oops....I'm not fully awake and didn't see Mammy's post above....just as she said, this is quite interesting.

Wow...here are some telling details regarding the conversations of Ross and Leanna from the fateful day of Wednesday, 6/18, along with an analysis of their behaviors and body language while in the courtroom on Thursday, July 3. The photos, especially of him, are particularly revealing, especially the first one (seeing the true psychopath he is)....this is an outstanding read:

Shocking Detective Testimony @ Probable Cause & Bond Hearing: Statement & Body Language Analysis of Justin Ross Harris in Hot Car Death of Son Cooper
    :

http://accuratebodylanguage.com/2014...of-son-cooper/

I would call this "speculation" rather than "analysis". Not much to it, IMO. Of course, this doesn't change the fact that he's guilty as hell.

Yes it was... and the "checklist of psychopathic behavior" was (for me) kind of chilling.

Nobody is more pro-defense than I am. I mean I will find every way on the planet to give someone doubt's benefit... I will and I do. I subscribe to the adage that better to free 99 guilty men than to hang one non-guilty one.
    But in this case, even without an eyewitness or iron-clad (dna) evidence, I believe there is enough evidence for me to vote guilty, were I on this jury. I cannot see it another way. Thank God for an investigative team who collected a lot of facts and put them together in what I believe will be a slam-dunk for the prosecution regardless of whether or not they go for the DP. As well it should.

The thing that's gonna make it difficult for me to sleep tonight is reading that Cooper's mouth and eyes were. . . not closed.
    I think... I think that's going to haunt me forever.

THIS POST IS BULLSHIT.
    IT WAS MADE IN 2014 AND BASED ON WHAT I READ IN THE MEDIA ABOUT THIS CASE.
    I COULD HAVE DELETED IT AND LEFT JUST A "." OR STATED WHAT I NOW KNOW TO BE TRUE: THE REASONS I HAD FOR BELIEVE JRH WAS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS CRIME WERE ALL LIES CREATED BY LE AND FED TO A HUNGRY MEDIA THEN SPOONFED TO THE PUBLIC.

I WON'T DELETE IT, THOUGH. BECAUSE IT SHOWS HOW EASY IT IS TO BELIEVE WHAT WE HEAR, ESPECIALLY WHEN A BEAUTIFUL CHILD HAS DIED AND WE WANT TO AVENGE THAT DEATH.
    BUT THAT DOESN'T GIVE ME OR ANYONE ELSE THE RIGHT TO CALL SOMEONE A CRIMINAL WITHOUT EVIDENCE OF THE CRIME.
    NEGLIGENCE? YOU BETCHA. BUT NO MORE NEGLIGENCE THAN SEEN IN THE OTHER 38 CASES OF HOT CAR DEATHS IN THIS COUNTRY IN A 12-MONTH PERIOD. THIS MAN WAS PUNISHED NOT FOR HIS CHILD'S DEATH, BUT FOR DISRESPECTING LE AT THE SCENE WHERE COOPER WAS DISCOVERED.
    NOTHING MORE.
    AND AS I STATED ABOVE, THERE IS NO CRIME WORSE THAN IMPRISONING AN INNOCENT PERSON.
    I AM GUILTY OF PLACING GUILT ON RUMOR INSTEAD OF TRUTH, AND I'VE LEARNED A GREAT DEAL FROM THAT AND AM SO SORRY FOR SPEAKING AGAINST A FATHER REDUCED TO GRIEVING THE DEATH OF HIS ONLY CHILD FROM PRISON CELL.

There, but for the grace of God, go I.

(Shamelessly added on 4/1/2017.)
    Last edited by TaupinJohn; 03-31-2017 at 04:42 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul! (Invictus)
    (And Timothy McVeigh's last words...)

Mom hires lawyer, Nancy Grace is on the case, tallyho. http://www.ajc.com/news/news/local-g...-toddle/ngcJT/
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

ozzysmom Guest
    Ugh Nancy Grace. I loathe that slug....

MissZoot Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ozzysmom View Post
    Now, now, no need to be mean. Slugs can be quite charming, and while I understand they don't have a central nervous system, they have more feelings than Nancy Grace.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	flushed-12.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	140.8 KB 
ID:	51055

ozzysmom Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MissZoot View Post
    Now, now, no need to be mean. Slugs can be quite charming, and while I understand they don't have a central nervous system, they have more feelings than Nancy Grace.

HAHAHAHAHA True! I stand corrected.

Mammy Guest
    Do we count all of the people who say, "I'm really trying to withhold judgement"? I've seen a few of those.

It occurred to me today that Doughboy's original story when he stopped was that he heard the baby choking, but now the story is that he couldn't hear well enough to know Cooper was in the car once he got to work? Any bets on which the defense is going to run with? Also, thoughts on the "off the record" comment by a friend that Ross had mentioned that he had no sense of smell? How would anyone be that...doughy...if they lacked a sense of smell? Doesn't that usually kill your sense of taste as well?
    Really? I haven't heard anyone say that about this case. Ever since the probable cause hearing, a lot of folks have volunteered to kill him themselves. I knew he had claimed to be deaf in his right ear, but now he says he can't smell anything either? I guess that's his explanation for driving so far to the shopping center parking lot with the overwhelming odor in his car. IMO, I think it would affect your sense of taste like when a person has a bad cold and their nose is stopped up and you can't taste your food. Boy Doughboy has an answer for everything, huh? The stupid dickhead.

TaupinJohn, I can't get that image out of my head either. I can't stop thinking about Cooper and what his parents plotted (IMO) and did to him. His grandparents must be heartbroken over his loss, especially knowing what he went through.

Just waiting to hear that they have finally charged the mother too. I know that is coming. I just think they wanted to get divorced and planned on splitting the insurance money.

Mammy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Desert Ghost View Post
    Just waiting to hear that they have finally charged the mother too. I know that is coming. I just think they wanted to get divorced and planned on splitting the insurance money.
    I sure hope she is arrested soon. I also believe the insurance money was the motive.

MissZoot Guest
    I sure hope she is arrested soon. I also believe the insurance money was the motive.
    And what kind of people put a price tag on their child like that? Unfortunately, it seems we now know. I'm surprised that Leanna didn't include "paying for his college tuition" in the things she isn't sorry she'll miss with Cooper.

Mammy Guest
    And what kind of people put a price tag on their child like that? Unfortunately, it seems we now know. I'm surprised that Leanna didn't include "paying for his college tuition" in the things she isn't sorry she'll miss with Cooper.
    I don't understand her at all. A normal woman whose child died like that would be beside themselves, especially knowing that her husband left their son to die in a hot vehicle while he's talking nasty to multiple women and teenaged girls and sending pictures of his teeny weenie peenie to jail bait. She seems a whole lot more into Ross than he is to her.

MissZoot Guest
    I don't understand her at all. A normal woman whose child died like that would be beside themselves, especially knowing that her husband left their son to die in a hot vehicle while he's talking nasty to multiple women and teenaged girls and sending pictures of his teeny weenie peenie to jail bait. She seems a whole lot more into Ross than he is to her.
    To quote my father:

About this boy you're dating-I know there's no accounting for taste, but what the hell is wrong with you?

Mammy Guest
    To quote my father:

About this boy you're dating-I know there's no accounting for taste, but what the hell is wrong with you?
    I read your post with my Dad's voice saying it. Lol

MissZoot Guest
    I read your post with my Dad's voice saying it. Lol
    Turned out to be the best relationship advice anyone ever gave me.

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    Mom hires lawyer, Nancy Grace is on the case, tallyho. http://www.ajc.com/news/news/local-g...-toddle/ngcJT/
    Quote Originally Posted by ozzysmom View Post
    Oh boy. Here we go with the "Tot mom" thing again. I wonder what NG will name this douchebag? She needs to go away.

Ha!!! Good one.

jsnerch Guest

So he liked to impersonate Abe Froman, the Sausage King of Chicago?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Do mind the pedestrian, Richard."
    - Hyacinth Bucket

BuelahWitch Guest
    Really? I haven't heard anyone say that about this case. Ever since the probable cause hearing, a lot of folks have volunteered to kill him themselves.
    There are a few women on a Facebook page who are staunchly defending him. All his defenders that I've seen are women. No men, which I find rather strange. Maybe they are some of the ones he was sexting...

And can the press stop with the "hot-car dad" nickname? When I was growing up, I had friends with good looking fathers and they liked to fix up old, vintage cars. Now those were hot car dads! A stupid moniker like that diminishes what little Cooper went through.

Moonmaid, unfortunately the press writes for the public, and the public has no attention span. I'll never forget seeing the headline "Shark Attack Boy Goes Home".

Something else that bothers the hell out of me about the "mother" is...
    At Cooper's funeral, she displays the most fucked-up version of "Glass-Half-Full" ever by saying things like, "I hated middle school, he won't have to go through the pain of that" (same for high school, now Cooper would be saved the horrific fate of *gasp* attending high school, learning things, making lifelong friends... you know, those types of horrors.) I mean this is what the mother of the dead child said as she eulogized her only child... and I'm just really struggling to process that, to understand it.

Had I been at that funeral, only shock of the dumbassery I was hearing and respect for the dead child would've kept me from countering her ridiculous points with reason. He'll never have to suffer through school? And he'll never know how it feels to be in love. He's "spared" the pain of adolescence? And he'll never know the indescribable joy at holding his newborn child.
    I swear it's almost... almost as if she's hailing Ross as some kind of hero, having saved their son from such atrocities as his Freshman year.

Also, and I'm not taking stabs here just to be doing it, but it needs to be said: Just because Middle School and High School were so cripplingly horrific for the mother (and it may have been, the homely kids did seem to have it worse than the rest) (Yeah, I went there...) that doesn't mean Cooper's experience would've sucked, as well. Awkward moments are a necessary evil: they strengthen us for the not-so-kind world ahead. They prepare us for the very bad days we're all going to have no matter who we are. And they prepare us for life's absolute nightmares... nightmares like what these two monsters did to that ridiculously cute and fine little man.

Going along with her line of reason, then, perhaps... perhaps a similar death for her and SuperDad there is in order then? I mean like Cooper's, theirs would be a mercy killing, right? Considering all the horrors (and please God, let there be horrors) they're going to be exposed to in their upcoming lengthy, hopefully lifelong jail sentences (and please God, let there be jail sentences.) I'm thinking that would be the best way to ensure their suffering on this earth is kept to a minimum... same as they saw fit to ensure that little Cooper's life experiences were limited to infancy and toddlerdom... you know, to save him the suffering of HAVING A LIFE AND ALL.

I know, I know... my posts are: too long.... redundant... overly passionate... redundant... (see what I did there?) But Jesus, I just can't leave it alone, this one just... imagining those blue eyes staring at nothing while that pig spouts his lies to his (at least some of them) adoring public... and all for what... $27,000 and the freeing up of weekends maybe? Fuck that.

Ages ago, mapmakers who didn't know what was at the "edges" of certain land masses and such would simply write on the maps, "Here there be monsters."
    But they got it wrong.
    I don't know what was beyond those borders they were drawing and naming, I don't have a clue. But monsters? No. The monsters... the monsters are right here among us. Working, living, having babies, murdering them... and justifying that by explaining how they've been rescued from life's cruelties.
    It was as if his mother was attempting to comfort the rest of the world as she (incredibly) listed all those "good points" to be considered regarding the death of the child IT WAS HER JOB as a mother to protect.

I hope that vile bitch that is Karma will ensure that for this woman, Hell will be exactly as many fear it to be: Unimaginable horror, being unable to escape the horrific heat... panicked desperation... being forced to succumb to.... oh wait, that's not Hell, that's what the last hours of life were like for little Cooper Harris.
    That this woman stood in that church in the presence of her dead child and told those who loved him that his end was somehow what was best for her son, that this was somehow an act of mercy... I think that's very telling in regards to how she convinces herself this wasn't such an atrocity at all... that they were actually acting in the best interest of Cooper himself. I know it's a stretch, but we're talking about the mindset of someone who saw fit to bake their toddler.

Evil personified.

***THIS POST WAS MADE IN 2014, AND I'M SHAMELESSLY EDITING IT NOW, ON THE 1ST OF APRIL, 2017.
    WHILE LEANNE'S EULOGY WAS NOT WHAT I WOULD HAVE SAID HAD MY SON BEEN TAKEN AT AGE TWO (OR NOW, AT AGE 21) I CANNOT IN GOOD CONSCIENCE CALL HER OR HER HUSBAND "EVIL" ANYMORE THAN I CALLED THE PARENTS OF THE 38 OTHER CHILDREN WHO DIED IN HOT CARS IN 12 MONTHS "EVIL."

THIS POST DID NOT ADDRESS THE GUILT OF ROSS HARRIS, SO I WON'T POINT OUT MY REASONS FOR FINDING HIM NOT GUILTY OF MALICIOUS INTENT OR MURDER IN THIS CASE. NEGLIGENCE, OF COURSE. BUT IF THEY'RE GOING TO IMPRISON HIM FOR FORGETTING HIS SON ON A HOT DAY, THEN THEY'VE GOT 38 MORE PARENTS OUT THERE TO CHARGE AND IMPRISON, BECAUSE ROSS DID NOTHING THEY DIDN'T DO, HE MERELY ANGERED A POLICE DEPARTMENT ENOUGH TO BEGIN A WITCH HUNT DIRECTLY SOLELY AT HIM, AND HE HAD VIRTUALLY NO CHANCE OF PROVING IS INNOCENCE AGAINST THE MEDIA MACHINE THAT SINGLE-HANDEDLY DECIDED THIS CASE FAR BEFORE OPENING STATEMENTS IN THE TRIAL WERE EVER MADE.

I HATE TO BE WRONG. BUT I'D RATHER BE WRONG AND ADMIT IT LATER THAN TO PRETEND I NEVER WAS.
    AND CONDEMNING THIS WOMAN FOR HOW SHE HANDLED HER SON'S (KEYWORD "HER") MEMORIAL SERVICE WAS WRONG.
    I DON'T KNOW HOW IT WOULD FEEL TO HAVE EXPERIENCED THE NIGHTMARE SHE DID. I CAN'T GO THERE IN MY MIND. BUT SHE DID IT THE WAY SHE SAW FIT, AND THAT WAS HER RIGHT. I THOUGHT IT WAS INAPPROPRIATE. BUT ACTUALLY, IT WAS NONE OF MY BUSINESS.

e·vil
    ˈēvəl/
    adjective
    adjective: evil
    profoundly immoral and malevolent.

I DIDN'T LIKE HER REASONING AT COOPER'S MEMORIAL, BUT THAT IS FAR, FAR FROM "EVIL" BY DEFINITION OR COMMON SENSE.
    I WISH I'D USED SOME HERE.
    THANKS,
    T.J.
    Last edited by TaupinJohn; 03-31-2017 at 04:56 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

jsnerch Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MiraculousMandarin View Post
    So he liked to impersonate Abe Froman, the Sausage King of Chicago?
    I just choked!

Quote Originally Posted by TaupinJohn View Post
    Something else that bothers the hell out of me about the "mother" is...
    At Cooper's funeral, she displays the most fucked-up version of "Glass-Half-Full" ever by saying things like, "I hated middle school, he won't have to go through the pain of that" (same for high school, now Cooper would be saved the horrific fate of *gasp* attending high school, learning things, making lifelong friends... you know, those types of horrors.) I mean this is what the mother of the dead child said as she eulogized her only child... and I'm just really struggling to process that, to understand it.

Had I been at that funeral, only shock of the dumbassery I was hearing and respect for the dead child would've kept me from countering her ridiculous points with reason. He'll never have to suffer through school? And he'll never know how it feels to be in love. He's "spared" the pain of adolescence? And he'll never know the indescribable joy at holding his newborn child.
    I swear it's almost... almost as if she's hailing Ross as some kind of hero, having saved their son from such atrocities as his Freshman year.

Also, and I'm not taking stabs here just to be doing it, but it needs to be said: Just because Middle School and High School were so cripplingly horrific for the mother (and it may have been, the homely kids did seem to have it worse than the rest) (Yeah, I went there...) that doesn't mean Cooper's experience would've sucked, as well. Awkward moments are a necessary evil: they strengthen us for the not-so-kind world ahead. They prepare us for the very bad days we're all going to have no matter who we are. And they prepare us for life's absolute nightmares... nightmares like what these two monsters did to that ridiculously cute and fine little man.

Going along with her line of reason, then, perhaps... perhaps a similar death for her and SuperDad there is in order then? I mean like Cooper's, theirs would be a mercy killing, right? Considering all the horrors (and please God, let there be horrors) they're going to be exposed to in their upcoming lengthy, hopefully lifelong jail sentences (and please God, let there be jail sentences.) I'm thinking that would be the best way to ensure their suffering on this earth is kept to a minimum... same as they saw fit to ensure that little Cooper's life experiences were limited to infancy and toddlerdom... you know, to save him the suffering of HAVING A LIFE AND ALL.

I know, I know... my posts are: too long.... redundant... overly passionate... redundant... (see what I did there?) But Jesus, I just can't leave it alone, this one just... imagining those blue eyes staring at nothing while that pig spouts his lies to his (at least some of them) adoring public... and all for what... $27,000 and the freeing up of weekends maybe? Fuck that.

Ages ago, mapmakers who didn't know what was at the "edges" of certain land masses and such would simply write on the maps, "Here there be monsters."
    But they got it wrong.
    I don't know what was beyond those borders they were drawing and naming, I don't have a clue. But monsters? No. The monsters... the monsters are right here among us. Working, living, having babies, murdering them... and justifying that by explaining how they've been rescued from life's cruelties.
    It was as if his mother was attempting to comfort the rest of the world as she (incredibly) listed all those "good points" to be considered regarding the death of the child IT WAS HER JOB as a mother to protect.

I hope that vile bitch that is Karma will ensure that for this woman, Hell will be exactly as many fear it to be: Unimaginable horror, being unable to escape the horrific heat... panicked desperation... being forced to succumb to.... oh wait, that's not Hell, that's what the last hours of life were like for little Cooper Harris.
    That this woman stood in that church in the presence of her dead child and told those who loved him that his end was somehow what was best for her son, that this was somehow an act of mercy... I think that's very telling in regards to how she convinces herself this wasn't such an atrocity at all... that they were actually acting in the best interest of Cooper himself. I know it's a stretch, but we're talking about the mindset of someone who saw fit to bake their toddler.

Evil personified.
    All of the above. I have said from day one something was up with the mom. I just hope they arrest her.

Mammy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by BuelahWitch View Post
    There are a few women on a Facebook page who are staunchly defending him. All his defenders that I've seen are women. No men, which I find rather strange. Maybe they are some of the ones he was sexting...
    Thank you for the link. I hadn't seen that page before. I saw the "Justice For Cooper Harris" page on Facebook, but obviously with that name, I haven't seen any supporters of Ross on there. I can't imagine what would make anyone support him after everything that came out at the hearing and that was only the beginning. There's no telling what else will come out in the future. It could be some sexting partners, but are they supporting him or his junk? Lol

I saw an article that said Leanna is staying in Alabama with family. It sounds like she is distancing herself from him, maybe an attempt to keep from being charged. I can see her getting a sweetheart deal to testify against him. She's hired a defense attorney, so apparently she's worried about being arrested at some point.

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2014/07/1...it?hpt=hln10_1

Paypal is refunding people who donated to the fund before it came out what a monster he is. Maybe people should wait until facts come out instead of just blindly believing a guy was wronged and throwing money at a total stranger.

BuelahWitch Guest

Paypal is refunding people who donated to the fund before it came out what a monster he is. Maybe people should wait until facts come out instead of just blindly believing a guy was wronged and throwing money at a total stranger.
    I saw that. Good for Paypal.
    The crime of leaving your kid in the car and baking them to death has pretty much gotten a pass, especially if the perp is a nice white, middle class individual. Hopefully Cooper's death will put all these people under scrutiny, with maybe a mandatory minimum sentence. It will no longer be a "no-fault" way of getting rid of the kid you don't want anymore.

Mammy Guest
    I saw that. Good for Paypal.
    The crime of leaving your kid in the car and baking them to death has pretty much gotten a pass, especially if the perp is a nice white, middle class individual. Hopefully Cooper's death will put all these people under scrutiny, with maybe a mandatory minimum sentence. It will no longer be a "no-fault" way of getting rid of the kid you don't want anymore.
    Absolutely! I have no doubt that other parents who have had children die in hot vehicles have got away with murder. I'm sure that's what Ross was counting on with his "Why is this happening to me?" and "Why am I being punished for this?" remarks to Leanna at the police station. Most other cases don't get the media attention this case has got either and I'm sure old Ross is whining about that, too. He obviously isn't as clever and smart as he gave himself credit for.

Not that it matters, but I've been wondering about his sexting partners. It must be mild boggling to talk to a guy, exchange explicit pictures, and then find out his child was dying in a hot car while the sexting was going on.

endsleigh03 Guest
    Yesterday I saw that cable news atty. Sunny Hostin, saying she and her husband left their 14 month old baby in the hot car. They went into Home Depot.

She addresses the Ross case in this article.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/25/opinio...ild/index.html

Mammy Guest
    CNN seems to be quite the apologists for a baby murdering Dad and his cold fish wife who cares more about her husband than her murdered baby boy.

BuelahWitch Guest
    CNN seems to be quite the apologists for a baby murdering Dad and his cold fish wife who cares more about her husband than her murdered baby boy.
    At least Sunny Hostin does. I don't know how she equates a few minutes alone in a hot car with 7 hours. Also, both she and her husband were upset. Neither JRH or wife seemed to be all that concerned about little Cooper. Apples and oranges.

I hearted TaupinJohn's post. I've been saying stuff like that since day one, but unfortunately it appears that all my acquaintances have been sucked into the "understandable memory lapse" defense (especially lately, since we just had a similar case here in The Land of Steady Habits: http://wtnh.com/2014/07/09/ridgefiel...-childs-death/ )

As my dear mother pointed out, years ago, people had lots more kids than lately (we had fams with 6, 7, and 9 younglings on our street alone) and somehow, NOBODY had a kid cook to death in a vehicle-- no matter how much squabbling was going on in the back seat, or how annoying it all was. If care of the younger children was delegated to the older ones, occasionally someone would lose track for a short while, but I don't recall a DEATH (and I was a death hag even then, always scouring the papers and TV news for awful stuff.)

Cars were more "friendly" anyway, without all these complicated car seats that have suddenly become murder weapons, "safety locks" and power-windows that can even fail when the ignition is on. Nobody we knew left babies and small children alone, and older children only if they could be certain the kids would stay in the car and not fool around trying to "drive" it. Which was pretty seldom, actually.

We are often up in arms, demanding dire punishments if one of these "easily-distracted" morons left a DOG to broil in a car. We demand more stringent penalties for DUI drivers and even those who cause mayhem and/or death when they text or take a cell-phone call, and in 99.999999% of THOSE cases, the deaths were NOT intentional, either (unless it was someone like the late, unlamented Diane Schuler.) Why should THIS type of killing get a pass?

In none of the above situations does ANYONE suggest that the resulting losses are "punishment enough." In NONE of those cases does anyone make explanations about the functionality of brain ganglia or explain that people nowadays are more likely to remember a cellphone in the back seat than their CHILDREN, even if they paid 1000's of dollars to conceive the child in the first place!

Would we hear the same CRAP if the victim was a helpless/ frail elderly or otherwise handicapped person, older than a chirpy, fidgety toddler or infant? Well, MAYBE--- if the caregivers give the "overwhelmed" defense, I suppose. But NOTHING beats the sheer VOLUME of helpless little ones *ALLEGEDLY* FORGOTTEN in hot (and very occasionally, freezing cold) vehicles. And the elderly and handicapped may have some resources to call upon, some organizations to take up their cause. BABIES couldn't call for help even when it's available, or tantalizingly close.

For those reasons, I believe this should be considered criminal behavior. If drunks and texters are criminally charged (and actually CONVICTED) for vehicular homicides, then family members who pull the same irresponsible crap should face the same prospect. Parental FAIL, own up to it !!!

Signed, Linnie (who does not claim to be the Mother of the Year by ANY means)
    Last edited by Linnie; 07-13-2014 at 11:06 AM.

Mammy Guest
    At least Sunny Hostin does. I don't know how she equates a few minutes alone in a hot car with 7 hours. Also, both she and her husband were upset. Neither JRH or wife seemed to be all that concerned about little Cooper. Apples and oranges.
    It isn't just her. I read some of the other articles related to this case on there and other opinion pieces like "In Hot Car Death, Leave The Mom Alone." You can tell that Sunny Hostin knows nothing about Cooper's case by some of the comments she made. She makes excuses for what happened to Cooper. Like you said, she and her husband remembered their baby quickly and were shaken by what they had done. There's no comparison.

I saw a woman arguing that the Government step in to do something about this. She was saying that parents should put something in the backseat like their iPhone or something they will not forget to take.. Yeah, like how about your fucking kid?? Just a thought... God.

Mammy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RiotBoots View Post
    I saw a woman arguing that the Government step in to do something about this. She was saying that parents should put something in the backseat like their iPhone or something they will not forget to take.. Yeah, like how about your fucking kid?? Just a thought... God.
    I can't stand it when people expect the government to step into every situation and save us from ourselves. How did today's adults ever make it past childhood? We rode in the back of trucks, wore jackets with drawstrings around the hood, played with balloons, ate hot dogs that weren't cut into tiny pieces, spent hours outside without sunscreen, were given baby aspirins when we were sick, drank water from a water hose, and didn't ride in car seats. The first thing my Dad did when he bought a car was cut every seat belt out of them, not sure why, but he did it. I remember occasionally hearing of children getting trapped in old abandoned refrigerators or car trunks on abandoned cars and dying when I was younger, but not the level of these hot car deaths. How about some personal responsibility on the parent's part by paying attention and not dicking around with their cell phone or any other distraction and being concerned with the well being of their child?

Mammy- awesome.

I loved riding in the back of our pickup truck. Nowadays though- I probably wouldn't like it so much- too bouncy.

Anyway, I was watching Nancy Grace (or Jane Velez Mitchell- I can't remember which) and they had some lady lawyer on who kept stressing "These are NEW parents. They're NEW. They're sleep deprived!" Um no. They had been parents for 22 months with 9 months to prepare for impending parenthood. Most 22 month olds sleep through the night, so don't give me that shit about being sleep deprived. At age 2- my son was an early riser- so I learned to go to bed earlier to compensate. I'm not a perfect parent, but I think you have to have intense malice in your heart to do something like this. To tell me that in the 30-40 seconds it took to get from Chick Fil A to work, he forgot about his kid? I saw a diagram of the vehicle and you can definitely see Coopers head sticking up out of the car seat.

Also- the car would have smelled really bad when he got in.

I'm all for benefit of the doubt, but I'm having a tough time with it in this case.
    Performing my signature monkey hump move since 10/16/2007...

RIP Dad- 11/14/1947 to 12/16/2013

MissZoot Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DietCokeofEvil View Post

I'm all for benefit of the doubt, but I'm having a tough time with it in this case.
    Amen! I have honestly TRIED to see how there could be a "benefit of the doubt" here (as I am, as I have previously stated, a bleeding-heart, tree-hugging liberal), and it eludes me. I'm sorry, but "I'm really anxious to get to work so that I can take pictures of my less-than-impressive junk" doesn't fly with me in terms of excuses for forgetting a child in under 5 minutes. Forget that it's a child who is clearly verbal enough for quite a few non-family members to comment on. I don't care if the man is COMPLETELY deaf and has no sense of smell, this was a very conscious act on his part and not some terrible lapse of memory. He counted on people (like me, I admit, although this is one area where I'm a total reactionary) immediately projecting their own feelings onto this and deciding that the worst punishment of all would be knowing that a child (his child) had died through his error. I am not, to echo Linnie, a candidate for Mother of the Year by any means, but you cannot EVER convince me that this man got through a seven-hour day, including an email from the daycare, without once having that "Oh, shit" moment, especially after all of his "research".

jsnerch Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DietCokeofEvil View Post
    Mammy- awesome.

I loved riding in the back of our pickup truck. Nowadays though- I probably wouldn't like it so much- too bouncy.

Anyway, I was watching Nancy Grace (or Jane Velez Mitchell- I can't remember which) and they had some lady lawyer on who kept stressing "These are NEW parents. They're NEW. They're sleep deprived!" Um no. They had been parents for 22 months with 9 months to prepare for impending parenthood. Most 22 month olds sleep through the night, so don't give me that shit about being sleep deprived. At age 2- my son was an early riser- so I learned to go to bed earlier to compensate. I'm not a perfect parent, but I think you have to have intense malice in your heart to do something like this. To tell me that in the 30-40 seconds it took to get from Chick Fil A to work, he forgot about his kid? I saw a diagram of the vehicle and you can definitely see Coopers head sticking up out of the car seat.

Also- the car would have smelled really bad when he got in.

Also not mother of the year here but I remember the new mom sleep deprived days. You know what I forgot? To take off my house slippers and put on shoes before I left the house. Never my baby, the cause of all my sleeplessness.

When my twins were 10 months old, they began sleeping through the night, every night. And my third child was born about a week later.
    I know sleep deprivation... sleep deprivation is an old acquaintance of mine.
    And you, Ross... can (and shamelessly do) blame many factors, invented or otherwise. But don't pretend it was sleep deprivation... because now more than ever.... well, you're just looking stupid.

"You didn't hear him?"
    "I'm deaf in one ear."

"You didn't smell him?"
    "Can't smell either."

"You didn't think of him?"
    "Couldn't think, no sleep."

And while most young parents are texting pictures of their children YOU KNOW, BECAUSE THEY LOVE THEM AND SHIT, you were texting pictures of your.... what?

Oh come ON!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

It's going to be interesting to see what gets to stay and what gets thrown out of court. The sexting thing; I bet that gets thrown out as "irrelevant," along with a few other things.
    Everyone must die but not everyone has lived

43. 07-14-2014, 04:05 PM
    Reason
    repeat

About the best benefit of requiring some kind of alarm for children left in a hot car would be that there would then be no legal excuse if the caregiver flounced away
    to have a happy day
    whilst leaving the child/ children to sautee.
    (Same goes for a freezing-cold car, though that's less common.)

Claim the alarm is faulty or broken and was not fixed in a timely manner?
    Ignore it (or pretend you didn't hear it) for more than 15 minutes?
    Disconnect the alarm for ANY reason?
    You're screwed 100 ways to Sunday and beyond.

Ah, if only....

P.S., if one can't sleep or hear or even SMELL, one shouldn't be driving even a bicycle, period.
    Last edited by Linnie; 07-14-2014 at 04:15 PM.

StewartGilliganGriffin Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by duchessmary View Post
    It's going to be interesting to see what gets to stay and what gets thrown out of court. The sexting thing; I bet that gets thrown out as "irrelevant," along with a few other things.
    I think they'll leave that in. It will be able to show a timeline for one thing. Another thing is that the sexting will be an example of a motive.

Djen Guest
    Just catching up, haven't been around here as much because I have a baby born the same week Cooper was. So, you know, I've been surfing the Child-Free Living sites and texting people pictures of my bits. Oh wait! I've been being a parent. Sorry, forgot reality for a second there...

I do believe it's possible that some of these "baby got left in the car all day" cases are actually accidents. I remember reading a few years back that one difference between when we were young'uns and the kids of today, is that cars then didn't have airbags and most kids were up front and less likely to be forgotten between home and work. I can understand that. A little.

I still don't think that anywhere NEAR the number of these hyperthermia deaths we're seeing are accidents. And this one in particular is not. It can't be. If it is, I will buy a whole bunch of lottery tickets because apparently it's "The Whole World Has Gone Completely Dumba$$ Crazy Stupid Backwards Day" which means it's finally my turn to hit it big.

The only thing I'm not sure about is if the wife helped plan it, or if she's really that dumb that she didn't see it coming. Normally I would assume that anyone capable of not picking up a poisonous snake or stepping in front of a semi truck long enough to reach child-bearing age would have to be in on this plan, but as proof of her questionable intelligence she married that guy, so I'm not sure what to think yet.

And no, he is not Ferris Bueller. As we all know, Ferris Bueller was "a righteous dude," which JRH clearly is not.
    Last edited by Djen; 07-14-2014 at 08:03 PM.

With the media being dominated by headlines about the Georgia father who allegedly left his toddler son in a hot car to die, this news is welcome. (Via ABC, USA Today, The Wire)

It's the story of a toddler who saved an elderly man from a similar fate.

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/nationa...hot-car/nggJW/
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

MissZoot Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    With the media being dominated by headlines about the Georgia father who allegedly left his toddler son in a hot car to die, this news is welcome. (Via ABC, USA Today, The Wire)

It's the story of a toddler who saved an elderly man from a similar fate.

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/nationa...hot-car/nggJW/
    'Keith's mom told WVLT she's been talking to her son about the dangers of being in hot cars. '

So a three-year-old was learning the same things as a thirty-three-year-old, and the three-year-old REMEMBERED what he learned. Speaks volumes, doesn't it?

And bravo to Keith for being persistent and getting the help that was needed. Meanwhile, we've had two reports in Texas of people breaking windows to get other people's kids out of hot cars in the past three days.

Quote Originally Posted by Djen View Post
    Just catching up, haven't been around here as much because I have a baby born the same week Cooper was. So, you know, I've been surfing the Child-Free Living sites and texting people pictures of my bits. Oh wait! I've been being a parent. Sorry, forgot reality for a second there...

I do believe it's possible that some of these "baby got left in the car all day" cases are actually accidents. I remember reading a few years back that one difference between when we were young'uns and the kids of today, is that cars then didn't have airbags and most kids were up front and less likely to be forgotten between home and work. I can understand that. A little.

I still don't think that anywhere NEAR the number of these hyperthermia deaths we're seeing are accidents. And this one in particular is not. It can't be. If it is, I will buy a whole bunch of lottery tickets because apparently it's "The Whole World Has Gone Completely Dumba$$ Crazy Stupid Backwards Day" which means it's finally my turn to hit it big.

The only thing I'm not sure about is if the wife helped plan it, or if she's really that dumb that she didn't see it coming. Normally I would assume that anyone capable of not picking up a poisonous snake or stepping in front of a semi truck long enough to reach child-bearing age would have to be in on this plan, but as proof of her questionable intelligence she married that guy, so I'm not sure what to think yet.

And no, he is not Ferris Bueller. As we all know, Ferris Bueller was "a righteous dude," which JRH clearly is not.

Love everything about this post. Well done.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mammy Guest
    'Keith's mom told WVLT she's been talking to her son about the dangers of being in hot cars. '

So a three-year-old was learning the same things as a thirty-three-year-old, and the three-year-old REMEMBERED what he learned. Speaks volumes, doesn't it?

And bravo to Keith for being persistent and getting the help that was needed. Meanwhile, we've had two reports in Texas of people breaking windows to get other people's kids out of hot cars in the past three days.
    That's just exactly what I was thinking. A three year old knows what to do, but a thirty three year old guy "forgets" his baby and leaves him all day to die in a hot vehicle. Of course, the three year old wasn't preoccupied thinking about his dick either.

MissZoot Guest
    That's just exactly what I was thinking. A three year old knows what to do, but a thirty three year old guy "forgets" his baby and leaves him all day to die in a hot vehicle. Of course, the three year old wasn't preoccupied thinking about his dick either.
    I don't know-my two guys were pretty damn fascinated by their boy parts at that age. And bugs, and clouds, and passing cars, and their shoes, and just about everything else in the world. Basically, a three-year-old, who is EXPECTED to be easily distracted, remembered that there was a person in a locked car for AT LEAST the same amount of time it took Ross to "forget" Cooper.