Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
Results 351 to 400 of 456

Thread: Father Leaves Toddler in Car

  1. #351
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Newburgh Indiana
    Posts
    6,653
    All this going on makes me glad I'm working all the time or sleeping. (no time for news) has the twat been arrested yet? I wish they would lock them both up in a hot car (not together) in the wee hours of the morning in Death Valley so we could know for certain how long it takes douch bag parents to die inside a hot car. I'm dying to know!!

  2. #352
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    18,260
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy A. View Post
    All this going on makes me glad I'm working all the time or sleeping. (no time for news) has the twat been arrested yet? I wish they would lock them both up in a hot car (not together) in the wee hours of the morning in Death Valley so we could know for certain how long it takes douch bag parents to die inside a hot car. I'm dying to know!!
    I honestly wish I had never heard of Cooper's case. I can't get it out of my mind. Every afternoon when I get into my very hot vehicle to leave work, his little face pops into my mind. I can have my mind on stopping at the grocery store or putting gas in my vehicle, but the blast of heat when I open the door to get inside my vehicle just instantly reminds me of Cooper and how much he suffered. I think I'm taking it harder than either one of his parents. She hasn't been arrested yet. She lawyered up and is staying in Alabama with family. I'm afraid she is going to get away with it.

  3. #353
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,450
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    I honestly wish I had never heard of Cooper's case. I can't get it out of my mind. Every afternoon when I get into my very hot vehicle to leave work, his little face pops into my mind. I can have my mind on stopping at the grocery store or putting gas in my vehicle, but the blast of heat when I open the door to get inside my vehicle just instantly reminds me of Cooper and how much he suffered. I think I'm taking it harder than either one of his parents. She hasn't been arrested yet. She lawyered up and is staying in Alabama with family. I'm afraid she is going to get away with it.

    Exactly. This one... so horrific in nature partly because of the deliberate intention of this child's father to torture him ... roast him alive... it's unconscionable. And the mother's "Well, he's better off... would I bring him back? No!" bullshit... I just... and imagining that beautiful child face-up on the pavement, eyes and mouth open in what must've been a grotesque display of... of his last living moments... not understanding being there, fear of being alone... then the horrific symptoms, then... god. I don't know and I can't guess.
    But I wish I'd never heard of it, either. At least... at very least.... people who consider this an easy-out to parenting might think again. I'm sure Cooper's POS parents never dreamed this would garner national attention and put ol' dude behind bars, but it did. And it could do the same for anyone else getting any ideas of how to lose their parental responsibilities while garnering sympathy and perhaps coin... from unsuspecting friends, family, and the community.

    If they got caught, anyone could. So yeah....
    (it's not much... but trying to find a bit of good here...) Perhaps it's that: the world is on to you, "forgetful" parents! Adoption is an option at any age, and it beats life in prison and sure beats a torturous death for your child. Perhaps this will wake the country the fuck up. Love to know how many of these "accidents" were anything but.

    Pisses me off.
    Last edited by TaupinJohn; 08-05-2014 at 12:26 AM. Reason: Bowie & I dig changes

    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul! (Invictus)
    (And Timothy McVeigh's last words...)

  4. #354
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Gulf coast of FL
    Posts
    546
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    I honestly wish I had never heard of Cooper's case. I can't get it out of my mind. Every afternoon when I get into my very hot vehicle to leave work, his little face pops into my mind. I can have my mind on stopping at the grocery store or putting gas in my vehicle, but the blast of heat when I open the door to get inside my vehicle just instantly reminds me of Cooper and how much he suffered. I think I'm taking it harder than either one of his parents. She hasn't been arrested yet. She lawyered up and is staying in Alabama with family. I'm afraid she is going to get away with it.
    Me too. Somewhere on a link I followed (or maybe here and I just can't find it) I read that a medical examiner or coroner was asked about the worst case that had stayed with her. It was a baby left in a hot car who had pulled all of her hair out while she was dying. That is the child that comes to my mind whenever I open my car door this summer. It is horrifying.

  5. #355
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    8,499
    Quote Originally Posted by weirdgurl View Post
    Me too. Somewhere on a link I followed (or maybe here and I just can't find it) I read that a medical examiner or coroner was asked about the worst case that had stayed with her. It was a baby left in a hot car who had pulled all of her hair out while she was dying. That is the child that comes to my mind whenever I open my car door this summer. It is horrifying.
    That is just horrible. I can't even imagine. Makes me so sad.

  6. #356
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,110
    Another one, in North Carolina. 4 weeks old.


    http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/04/us/nor...l?c=homepage-t

  7. #357
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    18,260
    Quote Originally Posted by TaupinJohn View Post
    Exactly. This one... so horrific in nature partly because of the deliberate intention of this child's father to torture him ... roast him alive... it's unconscionable. And the mother's "Well, he's better off... would I bring him back? No!" bullshit... I just... and imagining that beautiful child face-up on the pavement, eyes and mouth open in what must've been a grotesque display of... of his last living moments... not understanding being there, fear of being alone... then the horrific symptoms, then... god. I don't know and I can't guess.
    But I wish I'd never heard of it, either. At least... at very least.... people who consider this an easy-out to parenting might think again. I'm sure Cooper's POS parents never dreamed this would garner national attention and put ol' dude behind bars, but it did. And it could do the same for anyone else getting any ideas of how to lose their parental responsibilities while garnering sympathy and perhaps coin... from unsuspecting friends, family, and the community.

    If they got caught, anyone could. So yeah....
    (it's not much... but trying to find a bit of good here...) Perhaps it's that: the world is on to you, "forgetful" parents! Adoption is an option at any age, and it beats life in prison and sure beats a torturous death for your child. Perhaps this will wake the country the fuck up. Love to know how many of these "accidents" were anything but.

    Pisses me off.
    There have been several cases over the past few years and of course those cases disturbed me, but we got so many more details (some really gruesome, haunting details) about Cooper's case, plus the fact there is no doubt (in my mind anyway) that he was killed deliberately in a torturous and cruel way. We know the parents went through years of fertility treatments before Cooper was finally born. We know his last meal was having breakfast at Chick-Fil-A with his Daddy who sat there with that baby and knew he was going to be killing him that day. We know he gave his Daddy a kiss after he was buckled into a tiny infant car seat with straps so tight he couldn't wiggle out of them. We know he spent a long time in agony, all alone and trapped in a car seat in a sizzling hot vehicle while his Daddy was talking dirty to women on the phone. We know he clawed that precious little face of his and thrashed around in his car seat until he had fresh abrasions on his head. We know his Mom defended his murderer, made Cooper's funeral about Ross instead of a tribute to Cooper, and sat in a probable cause hearing that detailed Cooper's horrible death and she never shed a tear at that hearing. She just gnawed on her gum and looked bored. They are both disgusting, selfish, sorry excuses for parents who didn't deserve a sweet boy like Cooper in the first place. I agree with you that these two pieces of shit never dreamed this case would garner so much media attention since other cases of children dying in vehicles usually don't. They thought they were so clever, but idiots always trip themselves up. "Did you say too much?" "But there was no malicious intent!" "I dreaded how he would look." I have always believed that many deaths from a child being left in a hot vehicle were actually intentional and the parent got away with it. I also hope Cooper's case teaches investigators to look more closely at these cases.

  8. #358
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Dripping Springs, TX
    Posts
    412
    One of my "favorite" quotes regarding a recent incident with a baby dying in a car was, "If only you know how she (the mother) is beating herself up over this!" Well, she effing KILLED HER CHILD, so she should be beating herself up, and she should also be arrested and charged. I don't buy the "the result is punishment enough" argument. These are HUMAN BEINGS they are forgetting, not purses or cell phones or gallons of milk. They are human beings who are entirely dependent on the adults in their lives, and I cannot be convinced that there is ANYTHING that can excuse leaving them any place, much less in a hot car when there has been almost non-stop publicity about doing just such a thing.

    As for poor Cooper, I'm with all of you-I wish I lived under a rock and hadn't heard his story and didn't have the images of his suffering in my mind.

  9. #359
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    18,260
    Quote Originally Posted by MissZoot View Post
    One of my "favorite" quotes regarding a recent incident with a baby dying in a car was, "If only you know how she (the mother) is beating herself up over this!" Well, she effing KILLED HER CHILD, so she should be beating herself up, and she should also be arrested and charged. I don't buy the "the result is punishment enough" argument. These are HUMAN BEINGS they are forgetting, not purses or cell phones or gallons of milk. They are human beings who are entirely dependent on the adults in their lives, and I cannot be convinced that there is ANYTHING that can excuse leaving them any place, much less in a hot car when there has been almost non-stop publicity about doing just such a thing.

    As for poor Cooper, I'm with all of you-I wish I lived under a rock and hadn't heard his story and didn't have the images of his suffering in my mind.
    That's what pisses me off the most about these hot car deaths. They can remember their cellphone, purse, laptop, lunch, and every other damn thing, but totally forget a helpless child sitting right behind them. How can a person go on with their life after being the reason their own flesh and blood broiled to death in a hot car? How do they face their spouse, other children, parents, and friends? It isn't punishment enough to be the reason their child is dead. Punishment enough would be them dying in the exact same way. Every loser has at least one apologist to try to rationalize away what happened to an innocent baby.

  10. #360
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,181
    Interesting map from HLN: Hot Car Deaths in 2014

    http://www.hlntv.com/interactive/201...014?hpt=hp_hln


  11. #361
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    3,844
    Take into account that it's been a relatively mild summer in the U.S. as well. I wonder what a map of 2012 or 2013 would look like. I also wonder if this is just a U.S. phenomenon or if it goes on in Europe or Australia for example.

    "Do mind the pedestrian, Richard."
    - Hyacinth Bucket

  12. #362
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Newburgh Indiana
    Posts
    6,653
    Quote Originally Posted by MiraculousMandarin View Post
    Take into account that it's been a relatively mild summer in the U.S. as well. I wonder what a map of 2012 or 2013 would look like. I also wonder if this is just a U.S. phenomenon or if it goes on in Europe or Australia for example.
    Good questions and points! I just don't see how one "forgets" their child like that.. especially the one in Texas that left BOTH kids ages 3 & 4 or the guy in Florida that ran into the house to get a phone charger then fell asleep? C'mon people! Surely people aren't that fuckin' stupid... parents or the cops!
    ​"I wish I could just hug you all, but I'm not gonna."

    ~Layne Staley


  13. #363
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    496
    Honestly, even though my son is 6 and a talker, I constantly check my rear-view mirror to see if he is there even when he's not. It's something I have always done. I remember one time I got into a car accident at 2am and even though I knew he wasn't with me because I had been at work I still wrenched open the backseat to see if he was ok. So I guess my point is I just don't get how people can "forget" their kid when I always make sure he is out of the car.

  14. #364
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,495
    I am irked by the proliferation of "advice" to keep these poor, overworked, overdistracted, "memory-challenged" parents and caregivers from "accidentally" leaving children in hot cars. The media even has TV reporters showing how to leave a PURSE in the back seat near the child car seat, since NOBODY would forget THAT, while leaving a chattering or whimpering, fidgetty youngster to broil.

    And the TV reporters are directed to look SO SERIOUS while demonstrating the "technique", one wonders what they REALLY think of this BS. For the one in 100 cases that MAY be genuine accidents (probably, just the ones where the children got into the cars and trunks themselves), perhaps that's a help, but for the rest?,
    Last edited by Linnie; 08-08-2014 at 05:42 PM.

  15. #365
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    18,260
    Quote Originally Posted by Linnie View Post
    I am irked by the proliferation of "advice" to keep these poor, overworked, overdistracted, "memory-challenged" parents and caregivers from "accidentally" leaving children in hot cars. The media even has TV reporters showing how to leave a PURSE in the back seat near the child car seat, since NOBODY would forget THAT, while leaving a chattering or whimpering, fidgetty youngster to broil.

    And the TV reporters are directed to look SO SERIOUS while demonstrating the "technique", one wonders what they REALLY think of this BS. For the one in 100 cases that MAY be genuine accidents (probably, just the ones where the children got into the cars and trunks themselves), perhaps that's a help, but for the rest?,
    I totally agree! How pathetic does it make a person look that they can remember a purse or cellphone, but need a reminder to not forget their child?!

  16. #366
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    2,624
    Ok, this bitch has listed herself, not her child, as "victim" on her impact statement. Really? Here's her lawyer trying (very poorly BTW) to defend his scumbag client:

    http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/08/us/lea...html?hpt=hp_t2
    Cindy

  17. #367
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    18,260
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    Ok, this bitch has listed herself, not her child, as "victim" on her impact statement. Really? Here's her lawyer trying (very poorly BTW) to defend his scumbag client:

    http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/08/us/lea...html?hpt=hp_t2
    She makes me ill! Not only does she consider herself the victim, she is still defending Ross and saying what a great and loving father he was. If she had nothing to do with this, how could she still defend him?

  18. #368
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    246
    She looks like Susan Smith.
    For man also knoweth not his time: as the fishes that are taken in an evil net, and as the birds that are caught in the snare; so are the sons of men snared in an evil time, when it falleth suddenly upon them.

    What's so good about goodbye, when the best was yet to come?

  19. #369
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,110
    If she's innocent - which I don't think she is, at this point - then she certainly is a victim. But describing herself as THE victim is both narcissistic and stupid. And her lawyer's comments aren't helping her. He should keep his mouth shut.

  20. #370
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,110
    This case seems to have disappeared. I wonder if the mother will ever be charged.
    Last edited by Upset; 08-22-2014 at 06:22 PM.

  21. #371
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    2,375
    Quote Originally Posted by Upset View Post
    This case seems to have disappeared. I wonder if the mother will ever be charged.
    That was my exact thought when I saw this thread bumped. I had completely forgotten about it too.

  22. #372
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    75
    This is the last news item I have seen regarding the case, it's from August 12th.

    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/mother-o...fends-husband/
    The woods are lovely, dark, and deep, But I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep.

    There are two dates in time they will carve on your stone, and everyone knows what they mean, but what's more important is the time that is known, in that little dash there in between.

  23. #373
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,110
    Quote Originally Posted by Wholigan View Post
    This is the last news item I have seen regarding the case, it's from August 12th.

    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/mother-o...fends-husband/

    Yeah, when I tried to limit a Google search to "last week", I just saw repostings of previous stuff.

  24. #374
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    830
    Quote Originally Posted by StewartGilliganGriffin View Post
    That was my exact thought when I saw this thread bumped. I had completely forgotten about it too.

    We here in Georgia will not forget this case...I am sure at this point in the investigation evidence is still being gathered and the case being made air tight. You must remember this is not "Law and Order" or any other televised crime show...it takes time, but I am positive he will be convicted and spend his worthless life in prison.
    I'm no model lady. A model's just an imitation of the real thing. Mae West

  25. #375
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,495
    In the case of Richfield's, I mean Ridgefield, Ct's very own similar case, the horrible death of little Ben Seitz was FINALLY ruled a homicide, but gosh darn it, they haven't YET decided to charge his dopey, despicable, dollarific dad with anything. In the meantime, guess what? Poor Ben's revolting, gushingly forgiving mother has started--- wait for it--- ANOTHER DAMN FOUNDATION to "educate" about the dangers of hypothermia for children left (all accidentally, you know!) in hot cars. Not, oddly, for the dangers of idiot, negligent, or just mean-spirited and vengeful parents who leave those kids and then neatly avoid taking calls and texts alerting them to their "big oops mistake"!!!!
    Here's to hoping that "charity" dries up for lack of funding, or better yet, that the twit parents are busted for running a fraudulent con, or caught spending the loot on fun stuff.

    http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/l...272160271.html

    http://www.ctpost.com/local/article/Ridgefield-toddler-s-death-in-hot-car-ruled-a-5704938.php



    Last edited by Linnie; 08-25-2014 at 05:35 PM.

  26. #376
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,110
    I would really love to see an update on this one! What's going on??
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

  27. #377
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    2,624
    He just got indicted on 8 counts. Could the wife be far behind?

    http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/04/justic...html?hpt=hp_t1
    Cindy

  28. #378
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    830
    Here are a few more things about this case also 10 shocking revelations...... http://www.hlntv.com/article/2014/07...eath-live-blog
    I'm no model lady. A model's just an imitation of the real thing. Mae West

  29. #379
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,110
    The prosecutor left open the possibility that the ongoing investigation might "lead us to someone else". Mommy, presumably.
    Last edited by Upset; 09-05-2014 at 10:06 AM.
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

  30. #380
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    18,260
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    He just got indicted on 8 counts. Could the wife be far behind?

    http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/04/justic...html?hpt=hp_t1
    Good! I hope that son of a bitch gets the death penalty! It's a shame he can't be strapped down tightly and left to bake to death in a vehicle. I hope his stupid wife is arrested, too.

  31. #381
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,110
    Interesting. This has a map of the US showing all the hot car deaths this year. They tend to be further south, unsurprisingly. Nothing at all in the upper Midwest or Pacific Northwest.

    http://www.hlntv.com/interactive/201...014?hpt=hp_hln
    Sincerely yours,
    Upset

  32. #382
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Middle of the road
    Posts
    1,701
    I bet the wife is going to skate on this. She wasn't there at the time it occured, unless some damning evidence turns up, I just don't see much happening to her.

    If there was an inkling of charges, I bet she would turn states witness against the hubby.
    Morgan

  33. #383
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Petaluma Ca
    Posts
    4,672
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWrath of MadelineKahn View Post
    I bet the wife is going to skate on this. She wasn't there at the time it occured, unless some damning evidence turns up, I just don't see much happening to her.

    If there was an inkling of charges, I bet she would turn states witness against the hubby.
    Do you feel she was in on it?

  34. #384
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    1,860
    I feel ill. I still can't imagine "forgetting" your child in the car.
    Everyone must die but not everyone has lived


  35. #385
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Middle of the road
    Posts
    1,701
    Quote Originally Posted by shipmatekate View Post
    Do you feel she was in on it?
    I think she was, the total lack of emotion, her asking him if he "said too much" after questioning, that freaky ass speech at the funeral about how she was glad the little boy didn't have to grow up.
    Morgan

  36. #386
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Petaluma Ca
    Posts
    4,672
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWrath of MadelineKahn View Post
    I think she was, the total lack of emotion, her asking him if he "said too much" after questioning, that freaky ass speech at the funeral about how she was glad the little boy didn't have to grow up.
    Oh crap, I didn't know about the "said too much"

    Unreal

  37. #387
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    18,260
    IMO, she's guilty as hell! After she was told by daycare workers that Cooper hadn't been brought there that day, she immediately said "Ross must have left him in the car." They kept trying to reassure her that there must have been a good reason why he wasn't there and suggested other scenarios, she insisted that "Ross must have left him in the car. There is no other explanation." Even after finding out her baby boy was dead, she didn't get upset or shed a tear and she didn't even want to see him or hold him. She only wanted to see and speak to Ross. After her incredibly cold excuse for a eulogy where Cooper was barely mentioned and his murderer was practically worshipped, she walked out behind the casket as he was being carried to the hearse and spent the whole time talking to Ross on the cellphone. Her voice never cracked one time during the eulogy. She sat through the probable cause hearing and listened to testimony about her baby boy being cooked to death in a 140 degree vehicle. He died with burned skin, his eyes open, his tongue hanging out of his mouth, abrasions on his head from violently thrashing around in the infant car seat he was strapped tightly into, and fresh scratches on his face where he clawed himself in agony as he died a horrific and painful death. She heard how the smell of decomposition from her dead son was so strong, it was still unbearable even hours after he was removed from the vehicle. She heard how her husband was sexting with six different women and had sent a naked picture of his hard on to an underage girl while her little boy was suffering and dying in the parking lot and while Ross was supposed to be working. What was her reaction to all of these things that came out at the hearing? Nothing! She never shed a tear, never looked the least bit upset, and had no reaction at all to anything that was said. She chewed her gum and just looked bored. She still stands behind Ross, whines that she can't work because people won't leave her alone, and had the nerve to refer to herself as the victim of this crime instead of Cooper. IMO, she's an accessory to premeditated murder at the very least.

  38. #388
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Petaluma Ca
    Posts
    4,672
    Thanks Mammy

    Unfreakingbelievable

    WTF is wrong with people?

  39. #389
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    18,260
    Quote Originally Posted by shipmatekate View Post
    Thanks Mammy

    Unfreakingbelievable

    WTF is wrong with people?
    I wish I knew. I can't get this little guy out of my mind. They went through infertility issues and it took six years before they were finally able to have Cooper and then he is murdered before his second birthday. I just don't understand it at all.

  40. #390
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Petaluma Ca
    Posts
    4,672
    Crap, just read that the wife also did internet searches on how long it would take for a child to die in a hot car.

    Why hasn't she been charged???

  41. #391
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    18,260
    Quote Originally Posted by shipmatekate View Post
    Crap, just read that the wife also did internet searches on how long it would take for a child to die in a hot car.

    Why hasn't she been charged???
    Isn't that amazing? There's no innocent explanation for doing a search for how long it takes for a child or animal to die in a hot car. Common sense should tell people not to do it if they really searched due to fear of this happening to their child like they claimed. Ross even watched a video twice about an adult man who sits in a vehicle with all of the windows up and how short of time it took until he was really getting uncomfortable. Within 30 minutes, he was completely miserable and struggling and children get hot and dehydrate much faster than adults. You can literally sit and watch this man become drenched with sweat in a matter of minutes and start breathing hard. Ross chose to inflict that kind of torturous death on his 22 month old son.

    IMO, the investigators wanted to get all of their ducks in a row and get Ross charged before dealing with her. He was just indicted a few days ago on murder charges, so they couldn't indict her on accessory to murder until he had actually been charged with murder. Hopefully it is just a matter of time until she is arrested. She isn't in Georgia, she is staying in Alabama with family.

  42. #392
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    2,375
    I fully expected her to be charged by now.

  43. #393
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    2,624
    I get this feeling that maybe the state is going to try to get the wife through him. Make a deal with him if he starts singing.
    Cindy

  44. #394
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    18,260
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    I get this feeling that maybe the state is going to try to get the wife through him. Make a deal with him if he starts singing.
    I'm not sure what to think. Her behavior has been very odd from the start, but I doubt if there is much tangible proof of any wrongdoing on her part, or at least it hasn't been revealed yet. There is a lot of damning proof against him. I tend to think they might go light on her if she helps get Ross convicted or threatened with a stiff sentence if she doesn't cooperate. He was indicted on charges of malice murder, two counts of felony murder, two counts of cruelty to children, two counts of disseminating harmful material to minors, and one count of attempting to sexually exploit children. The last three charges are for the naked pictures of himself that he sent to an underage girl. Most recent articles I've read have said that it's very possible that he could face the death penalty. I definitely think she was in on it, but I don't know how much direct proof there would be. The proof against him is overwhelming, but the prosecution still might need her help to tie up some loose ends.

  45. #395
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    The Sticks
    Posts
    37,024
    There are women who love their husbands more than their children and will do or anything to protect hubby. That could be her case or she might have been in on it. IDK. It's a sorry shame no matter the angle.

  46. #396
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    2,624
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    I'm not sure what to think. Her behavior has been very odd from the start, but I doubt if there is much tangible proof of any wrongdoing on her part, or at least it hasn't been revealed yet. There is a lot of damning proof against him. I tend to think they might go light on her if she helps get Ross convicted or threatened with a stiff sentence if she doesn't cooperate. He was indicted on charges of malice murder, two counts of felony murder, two counts of cruelty to children, two counts of disseminating harmful material to minors, and one count of attempting to sexually exploit children. The last three charges are for the naked pictures of himself that he sent to an underage girl. Most recent articles I've read have said that it's very possible that he could face the death penalty. I definitely think she was in on it, but I don't know how much direct proof there would be. The proof against him is overwhelming, but the prosecution still might need her help to tie up some loose ends.
    I was thinking how little they have on her and maybe the only way, to make some charges stick towards her, is to make him admit how much she may have been involved. Her behavior is very telling, but that in itself won't make a case. And since this guy is facing some serious time, I'm sure he'll sing like a bird in order to make a deal.
    Cindy

  47. #397
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    18,260
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    There are women who love their husbands more than their children and will do or anything to protect hubby. That could be her case or she might have been in on it. IDK. It's a sorry shame no matter the angle.
    You're right and that could definitely be the case. I just have a hard time with her lack of emotion about her baby dying such an awful death. She was so composed at Cooper's memorial service, she could have been eulogizing a neighbor. I can give her a pass on one or maybe two odd things, but her admitting to also searching the internet for how long it takes for a child to die in a hot car and her asking a whining, blubbering Ross "Did you say too much?" are two things I can't find a rational explanation for. There's just no innocent explanation for "Did you say too much?" That's right up there with Ross telling her "I dreaded how he would look." IMO, that one statement proves premeditation. You can't dread something beforehand unless you know it's going to happen.

    If she was aware beforehand of what was going to happen to Cooper (and I fully believe she was) then I definitely hope she gets charged with something, but it would still have to be proven. I doubt if Ross has any loyalty toward her, especially if it could save his own ass, but he isn't the most credible guy either since he's been caught in many lies already. I don't think his word would go too far without proof to back it up.

  48. #398
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Misery...er...Missouri
    Posts
    9,974
    Quote Originally Posted by Upset View Post
    Interesting. This has a map of the US showing all the hot car deaths this year. They tend to be further south, unsurprisingly. Nothing at all in the upper Midwest or Pacific Northwest.

    http://www.hlntv.com/interactive/201...014?hpt=hp_hln
    It happened where I live two years ago.

    http://www.kansascity.com/news/local...ft-in-car.html

    Quote Originally Posted by duchessmary View Post
    I feel ill. I still can't imagine "forgetting" your child in the car.
    Mine wouldn't let me unbuckled before they started yelling.
    "Tequila may not be the answer, but it's worth a shot."

    "I am not psychic. I AM psychotic. BIG difference."


  49. #399
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    18,260
    Quote Originally Posted by RiaBrown View Post
    It happened where I live two years ago.

    http://www.kansascity.com/news/local...ft-in-car.html



    Mine wouldn't let me unbuckled before they started yelling.
    I doubt if Cooper let Ross leave without yelling either. There's no way he could have possibly fallen asleep in the minute or two he was in the vehicle between Chick-Fil-A and the parking lot of the place Ross worked. Not only that, he was strapped very tightly into an infant car seat that would be laid back to where he couldn't even see out of the vehicle. Did Ross say anything to him before he left him there to die? Did he kiss him and tell him "I'll be right back, buddy?" I just think of all of the opportunities Ross had early in the day to come to his senses and go rescue his son. Instead he likely spent most of the day thinking "Is he dead yet?" He made the choice to leave him there to die and then he made the choice over and over again to not save him. He deserves the death penalty!

  50. #400
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Misery...er...Missouri
    Posts
    9,974
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    I doubt if Cooper let Ross leave without yelling either. There's no way he could have possibly fallen asleep in the minute or two he was in the vehicle between Chick-Fil-A and the parking lot of the place Ross worked. Not only that, he was strapped very tightly into an infant car seat that would be laid back to where he couldn't even see out of the vehicle. Did Ross say anything to him before he left him there to die? Did he kiss him and tell him "I'll be right back, buddy?" I just think of all of the opportunities Ross had early in the day to come to his senses and go rescue his son. Instead he likely spent most of the day thinking "Is he dead yet?" He made the choice to leave him there to die and then he made the choice over and over again to not save him. He deserves the death penalty!
    Agreed. I was just saying that it happened up here, too. I also think the wife should be brought up on charges, too, because her "did you say too much?" comment tells me she knew about it, had planned it.
    "Tequila may not be the answer, but it's worth a shot."

    "I am not psychic. I AM psychotic. BIG difference."


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •