Page 4 of 101 FirstFirst ... 234561353 ... LastLast

Thread: Whatcha Doin' Right Now?

I prayed he'd be okay, Mammy.

Just finished eating supper and watching Thin Ice, based on Robert B. Parker's Jesse Stone series. That and another are new offerings this month. I wonder why they haven't made as many out the Spencer series. Now I'm going to shower and then maybe game and/or watch another movie.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Poking around the 'net while I try to figure out what I want for lunch. I dont wanna cook and I don't want a sandwich lol...May call Hubz. He's out with his BFF ( for lunch mind you) so I may ask him to pick me up something from the store. I'm already expecting a slice-of-pie from the lunch place ).

Having a giggle on facebook. I am so sleepy.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Watching "Haunted Mansion" with the kidlets. Managed to kick the headache (and the nausea that came with it) and eat some toast. I may or may not be able to manage pizza, but just because I've had an upset tummy is no reason to deprive everyone else in the house of the goodness that is my pizza.
    "Tequila may not be the answer, but it's worth a shot."

"I just go here!"

"I am not psychic. I AM psychotic. BIG difference."

5. 06-14-2014, 05:55 PM

Thinking about taking a nap

Quote Originally Posted by MartyMcP View Post
    Thinking about taking a nap
    I dozed, at least. Got up and did my devotions and now I may watch No remorse, another Jesse Stone movie on Netflix.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Mammy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    I prayed he'd be okay, Mammy.

Just finished eating supper and watching Thin Ice, based on Robert B. Parker's Jesse Stone series. That and another are new offerings this month. I wonder why they haven't made as many out the Spencer series. Now I'm going to shower and then maybe game and/or watch another movie.
    Thank you! I'm sure he's in better shape than I have been. Lol

Fucking around here. As you do.

Gaming.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Late-night pizza and "Friends." That is all.

"I just go here!"

Going to bed… I rolled my ankle a little while polkaing with my cousin at the Wedding tonight (it's not visibly swollen and it dosent look black and blue, but it's mighty sore), I drank my fair share of beer, I'm exhausted, and I have to work in the morning
    Last edited by SassyMonkey719; 06-15-2014 at 06:13 AM.
    Missing my Pa every day. RIP Daddy ❤️♥️

“Get drunk and sing Elvira”

Messing around here. Took a nap. Probably game and watch netflix.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Missing my Dad. Passed June 25th, 2004.
    Regards,
    Tamie
    When you are dead, you don't know you are dead. It is difficult only for the others. It is the same when you are stupid.

Wendy A. Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by tamiele View Post
    I'm so sorry! I have a hard time around Christmas when I lost my Mom/Grandma (she raised me) Mother's & Father's day are always tuff too. ((HUGS))

Thanks Wendy! I don't feel like shedding tears anymore, just would love to talk to him. I had a wonderful Dad. And like you said - holidays are tuff for many people when they are reminded of those who are no longer with us. Or, in the case of my husband, who had not-so-great parents - I reminded him it was Father's Day should he feel like contacting his Dad. I'll leave that up to him. Lots of old baggage there.
    Regards,
    Tamie
    When you are dead, you don't know you are dead. It is difficult only for the others. It is the same when you are stupid.

R.I.C.E.

My ankle looked fine (but was sore) this morning when I left for work, but after being on my feet all day it swelled up a little and there is a little bit of bruising coming on. The boss sent me home an hour early. So I'm Resting and catching up on Ghost Adventures, and I have an Icepack and my Compression sleeve (from the last time I sprained it) on my Elevated ankle… Having a degree in a medical field is a wonderful thing for an accident prone monkey like me, I don't need no stinkin doctor lol

i sure hope it doesn't take as long to heal this time as it did last time…
    Last edited by SassyMonkey719; 06-15-2014 at 07:56 PM.

Me, too. My daddy passed in December of 1992. We buried him on Christmas Eve.

"I just go here!"

Sitting in Bowling Green with nothing to do. It's kinda nice.. =P

Fasten your seat belts!

Posting on Cindy's FB page. Her oldest daughter has moved to NC. Her husband has been stationed in Japan for the last two years and they just bought a home near some marine base--I want to say Parris Island, but I'm not sure. Anyway, I got the impression Cindy and her immediate family were also moving up there, but they were just kidding.

I just finished evening devotions and before that a part of a sermon by Johnathan Edwards (1703-1758). I say part because it is one looooooong sermon, but I can split it and his others up by three sections a week (2 on Sunday, one on Wednesday). I also have been including John R. Rice's The Coming Kingdom of Christ during my devotions. It is a very good book. I want to buy Re-Entry by Billy Graham; that title sounds powerful to me.

Now I shall game and maybe read.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Thought I might watch the Much Music Video Awards but seeing that some idiot decided to have Kendall and Kylie Jenner as hosts - I'll pass. I can't stand it!!!!
    Regards,
    Tamie

Watching the Spurs melting the heat.

Getting ready to deal with the effers. Blech.

"I just go here!"

Day off today, and I still gotta get my butt out of bed lol … I gotta go pick up my Momma and being her to work. Then I gotta go pick rr up after work and and take her to pick up her car

Quote Originally Posted by RiaBrown View Post
    Me, too. My daddy passed in December of 1992. We buried him on Christmas Eve.
    Father's Day is hard when you celebrate it without your father.

Ria, my first husband died in December of 1982--we buried him on Christmas Eve, too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rosebud666 Guest
    watching Germany beat Portugal in football (i.e., soccer for you Westpondians ) . . . yawn . . .

PurrPurr Guest
    Miss mine too. Yesterday totally sucked for me. He'll be gone 22 years on June 27.

Right now I'm waiting for a missing cat to come home (Popeye). He's been gone since this morning when the carpet installers came. I called him several times to no avail; even the "Kitty want to EAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?" line didn't have him running. Spanky and Tiger came in without problems. Popeye's come home before, so I'm holding out that he's having exploring fun somewhere. What worries me most is he hasn't eaten since early this morning and there's a thunderstorm predicted for early this evening.

Now you all know another reason why I don't let these cats out unless absolutely necessary.

I have a stepfather. He's a great guy and I call him my dad, but he'll never be my daddy.

Right now I am waiting for the bus with The Schmoo. Because he is in state custody, he and Little Bit aren't allowed to be home alone together. It's complicated, but they fight anyway. He's going with me to the Walmarts.

"I just go here!"

Waiting for the mail. A bestie across the country sent me a package, so this is the highlight of my otherwise dull day #INeedALife. Playng mn my 3ds (Animal Crossing) as I wait

Probably go out somewhere afterwards

Getting ready to start supper: baked ziti with grilled chicken and sweet Italian sausage.

"I just go here!"

Quote Originally Posted by RiaBrown View Post
    Getting ready to start supper: baked ziti with grilled chicken and sweet Italian sausage.
    That sounds delish. I havent had baked ziti in 20 yrs.. I should try making it one of these days

You all put me to shame. My supper offering is a ham and hashbrown quiche. Regardless of effort - I will be a rock star when I place it on the table.
    Regards,
    Tamie

I had a BK whopper, without cheese, and a garden side salad with my scratch dressing. First burger in a while.

I'm messing around FB and on here. My back is giving me trouble again. This morning I had to lie down to finish my devotional reading. It isn't that bad now, another prayer answered. But it's still kinda stiff. Don't ask what I did to hurt it because I have no clue. I'm going to
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

One of my fave things: talking to people from all over the world. Especially my LA people as we rail on the traffic there. And the insanity of the Bay to Breakers Race in NorCal. It's fun to reconnect with folks who know what the fuck I'm talkin' about

My ankle felt great all day. I dropped off/picked up my Mom from work (had coffee with the gay-boyfriend in-between), we bummed around Costco for a little bit, then we went and sat at "the beach" (it's not a beach per-say. It's on Lake Michigan, or the bay of Green Bay to be specific. Here was our view: Attachment 50908) and as you can see my ankle wasn't really visibly swollen at all. But then I came home, made a loaf of bananna bread, and cleaned my bathroom and now its feeling a little wonky again.
    Waiting for my banana bread to be done in the oven, then I am gonna take a quick shower and put an icepack on my foot..... I might also have a bowl of ice cream

Gaming, got bored. Trying to drink the rest of my water so the nurse can get a vein the next time I come in. Yuck. And flavored water gives me a roaring case of indigestion, so that's out. Never did read, just slept. I've got some bookmarks I need to read, might do that.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

PurrPurr Guest
    Feeling as if the world was just lifted from my shoulders! Popeye, the prodigal house tiger that went missing earlier today, was found safe cowering under a bush in front of the building. Managed to get him back inside with a bowl of Friskies.

Rosebud666 Guest
    Adding some artwork to my profile gallery.

Glad you found your cat Purr!!
    Regards,
    Tamie

Quote Originally Posted by PurrPurr View Post
    Feeling as if the world was just lifted from my shoulders! Popeye, the prodigal house tiger that went missing earlier today, was found safe cowering under a bush in front of the building. Managed to get him back inside with a bowl of Friskies.
    Thank goodness Purr....I am so happy to hear your baby is home safe and sound.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Casper, I love you so much baby boy... waking up with you in the house is a blessing every day! Thank you for filling our home and hearts with so much love, joy, laughter and ever so sweet Sammy smiles! We belong together! XOXOX

PurrPurr Guest
    Basking in the air conditioning while enjoying a Diet Pepsi. The house tigers are still investigating my new carpet. LOL

Thank God, you found Popeye. I do miss the cat investigations. Lol.

I'm modding, fixing to go down and decide what to eat for dinner--take out that doesn't bust my calorie budget or tuna fish sammy--I've finally gotten over the repulsion of it after reading the thread about the man who was pressure cooked. Wait--no, no, tuna to night. Ew.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Cindy - we are on a similar trajectory these days. I am counting calories (lost 12 lbs since beginning of May) and reading/studying the Old Testament. Not quite as disciplined as you but at least I am reminded when I read your daily devotion posts.
    Regards,
    Tamie

Relaxing and moderating after doing some errands. Cool and breezy today instead of freezing wind, yay!

Messing around here, gaming, while Windows does a troubleshoot scan on the updater. One manual update always fails. Hope they can detect and fix.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Havin' a sad. I just found it that one of my good friends from high school passed away in November. She had DID, too, and knew I had it before I said a word to anyone. She is the only one who truly understood what went on in my head. We were 18 days apart.

"I just go here!"

So sorry Ria!! It's hard to replace a good friend like that. Glad you had her for the time that you did, so you didn't feel so alone in your situation. My sympathies to you.
    Regards,
    Tamie

Thanks. I had no idea. I'm not Facebook friends with any of her family, the only one I was friendly with was her sister. I had been looking her up because I wanted to talk to her and ask her about the changes and switches she had seen in me before I revealed the DID. I also wanted to know how how she knew I had it. When I told her, she said, "Oh, I knew that years ago."

"I just go here!"

Sorry to hear that, Ria.

I am trying to ignore the siren call of KFC in the fridge. Did I say I was hungry? Been watching Tiny, a docu on Netflix about tiny houses. I would love to own one. Not gonna happen.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Trying to read Ava Gardner's autobiography. It isn't entertaining me as I thought it would. Guess I am totally spoiled by the "no holds barred" book about Frank Sinatra penned by his long time assistant. Now that was a juicy read, let me tell yah!!
    Regards,
    Tamie

Wendy A. Guest
    Trying to figure out how to regulate my sleep with this 3rd shift I've been working. Monday morning was great, I stayed up until 2:30 and slept until 9pm, yesterday I couldn't fall asleep to save my life! I think it was after 4pm before I was out. I hope today isn't a repeat of that! I really wish I could sleep like an hour after I got home, that way I'd have time with my husband and kids.