Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Peaches Geldof - 25

Well I think I am the only one on the planet who had no idea who this was. In fact, I've never heard of anyone associated with her.
    So sad and tragic for the family.

Oh, and I'll volunteer to prove the "money doesn't buy happiness" theory completely false. Perpetual brokeness (I just made up a word!) is pretty miserable.

This precious girl came from a family led by bizarre and egotistical parents. She seemed a little saner. I remember reading a hilarious tabloid article on her. I can't remember the band or singer's name, but he was probably drunk and said he couldn't sing or stand up on stage because Peaches "touched his tush."

Well, I'm going for death from under-eating + pills/coke or heroin or both. It's a hard job staying thin.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertGypsy View Post
    This precious girl came from a family led by bizarre and egotistical parents. She seemed a little saner. I remember reading a hilarious tabloid article on her. I can't remember the band or singer's name, but he was probably drunk and said he couldn't sing or stand up on stage because Peaches "touched his tush."
    That'll be Pete Doherty! He was somewhat underwhelming at Live 8 when he duetted with Elton John on "Children of the Revolution". His excuse was that he was spooked by Peaches hitting on him and pinching his arse as he walked out!

Quote Originally Posted by Seagorath View Post
    Money...NEVER buys happiness, peeps.
    But it can buy some amazing substitutes

Thank you, Introvert! I couldn't find the article anymore. The story still puts a smile on my face.

Quote Originally Posted by maryd View Post
    Well I think I am the only one on the planet who had no idea who this was. In fact, I've never heard of anyone associated with her.
    So sad and tragic for the family.

Oh, and I'll volunteer to prove the "money doesn't buy happiness" theory completely false. Perpetual brokeness (I just made up a word!) is pretty miserable.
    If you ever want something to read, read the " A New Sensation: Michael Hutchence" thread in musicians about the singer from INXS. You'll see quite a bit about Paula Yates in there, that was her mother and Bob Geldof is her father. Bob was in Boomtown Rats whose most famous song is "I Don't Like Mondays" and Bob founded Band Aid to help with famine in Ethopia in the 80s co-wrote "Do They Know it's Christmas?"

Yeah, she seemed to have it together and was nice girl, as for her parents,egotistical works for me.. I can't stand her father, totally self serving.

They don't mention whether the children were with her at the time-- I'd guess NOT, or else this MIGHT have had an even WORSE ending. Knowing nothing happened to the kids makes me more sympathetic to Peaches, whether it was a suicide or an accidental OD, or just some rare, frightening natural cause.
    But even so, if we all live another 20 years, and we're still reading celebrity gossip, well, one hates to say it, but... Things have a way of repeating in some families.
    First thing, the father should change those god-awful names of those boys and try to keep them under the radar somehow, give them a more regular life, quiet schools and REAL plans for life, to avoid a terrible fate which has now hit 2 generations in a row.
    Unrealistic, obviously...
    Last edited by Linnie; 04-07-2014 at 05:02 PM.

Our times come when they come; I'm not judging or drawing conclusions. I knew a "perfectly healthy" guy who died of natural causes when he was just 35. If you have a spouse and young kids; could you even imagine depriving them of your place in their lives?
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

eating disorder I bet

Money may not buy happiness but I'd rather be unhappy with money than unhappy without it. Poor Peaches. I remember when she was born. Hell,I remember when FiFi was born.

Maybe the shock of losing Mickey Rooney? Just saying.....

I was going to guess eating disorder too. Karen Carpenter type thing.

Those tabloids need to get their facts straight! Check this out from a National Enquirer article about her.
    Her own mother died of an overdose when she was just 11, and she posted a picture with her mom on Instagram on Sunday as well.
    Are they KIDDING ME?!!! ELEVEN years old?! So Paula Yates had three kids by age 11!
    Here's the article link
    http://www.nationalenquirer.com/cele...-found-dead-25

Oh ok lol. I feel so dumb. They were saying in National Enquirer little Peaches was 11. I somehow thought they were saying Paula Yates was 11! Please forgive me everyone I have slow moments.
    Poor kid though. I pray she is in a happy place.
    Since she is 25 she is a kid to me. Same age as my eldest daughter.
    I won't judge her because I am no one's judge, and somehow I believe if she killed herself, her illness told her the babies would be better off without her.

Lesson to parents: Don't give your daughters stripper names. Or your sons.

All I can think of is poor Tigerlily and Peaches' children. TL has now lost both parents and a sister.
    Those babies have lost a mom.
    RIP beautiful young lady.

Quote Originally Posted by buzzzx View Post
    I was going to guess eating disorder too. Karen Carpenter type thing.
    From what I've heard, you may be right.

Who gives a BOY the name of a disturbed mythical princess who grew up with a Minotaur in the family, and then fell in love with her unwilling stepson and caused his execution by his father (who once had an affair with the princess's older sister, that killed herself over his desertion)?

There IS an explanation of sorts for Astala from www.contactmusic.com (at the time of his birth):

'Astala' is certainly an uncommon baby-name but could relate to the Nordic names Aste and Asta. Perhaps the couple named their child after Sampsa Astala, the drummer with Finnish metal band Lordi.

Quote Originally Posted by classicwonderful View Post
    From what I've heard, you may be right.
    Quote Originally Posted by classicwonderful View Post
    All I can think of is poor Tigerlily and Peaches' children. TL has now lost both parents and a sister.
    Those babies have lost a mom.
    RIP beautiful young lady.
    Please merge the last post with the first.

I'm not sure, but the picture of Peaches and Paula when Peaches was a little girl was posted on Twitter yesterday and there were no "Life sucks and then you die so I might as well kill myself" messages. So at least she died in the last 36 hours. But maybe she called or messaged someone a suicide note and that's why a welfare check was requested. However, if she had a history of drug and alcohol abuse, she could have very well died even if she was clean and sober for a while. Both drugs and booze cause quite a bit of heart, lung, brain and vascular damage over time and she would then be the perfect candidate for a sudden heart attack, stroke, pulmonary embolism, aneurism or blood clot. Ditto for folks with a history of anorexia/bulimia. Of course this is all speculation on my part. It will be interesting to see what the autopsy reveals.

I agree with the previous folks on this thread that suicide is the result of a mental illness that sufferers have no control over. I have had my share of dark periods where I have considered suicide, but would never do it because of my kids. More specifically, I have a close friend whose mother committed suicide when my friend was little girl and actually found her mom hanging in the garage. My girlfriend shared her pain with me and how she blamed herself for the suicide because if she had been a better daughter, the mom would still be alive. Just knowing specifically how traumatic this was for my girlfriend, I could never ever do that to my kids. I have often thought that kids are the best life insurance a depressed person can have. But I think sometimes suicide victims truly think that the world would be better without them or that their loved ones wouldn't care or even miss them. I have thought that myself actually, but because of my girlfriend's experience I know better. I also know for me that my depression is definitely brain chemistry and if I take my medications I do better. If someone has never been on antidepressants they may not know that there is hope. Suicide also seems to be genetic and runs in families. In Peaches' case, maybe she felt that it was inevitable. Or, like someone else said, she was in so much emotional pain that she just wanted relief.

On a totally different note, if Peaches is cremated, are her remains Peaches and Creme? Just curious.
    Any day above ground is a good day.

What's up with that family and God awful atrocious names?
    anyways, while it's still here...
    https://mobile.twitter.com/peaches_g

It is strange that the police were called to check on her but I'm thinking repercussions of an eating disorder
    <a href=https://www.google.com/search?q=im+morrison+dragged+off+stage+by+police&client=firefox-a&hs=gxa&rls=org.mozilla:fr:official&channel=fflb&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=NK07U4rgO6i70QWM4YCwBQ&ved=0CAoQ_AUoAw&biw=1525&bih=756&dpr=0.9#channel=fflb&q=jim+morrison+dragged+off+stage+by+police&rls=org.mozilla:fr:official&tbm=isch&facrc=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=1qGnBjEqV_QWeM%253A%3BBSppeR60eWUKgM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fi.imgur.com%252FYKAjpGC.gif%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fimgur.com%252Fgallery%252FYKAjpGC%3B500%3B308 target=_blank>https://www.google.com/search?q=im+m...GC%3B500%3B308</a>

Quote Originally Posted by NewEnglander View Post
    What a shame. So young. Was Peaches the one that Bob fought so hard for custody of?
    No, that was Tiger Lilly - Hutch's daughter

Quote Originally Posted by anne View Post
    It is strange that the police were called to check on her but I'm thinking repercussions of an eating disorder
    Yep , it sounds like someone maybe expected her to call or be in ,or maybe she was meant to be somewhere, and getting no response they rang the police and asked them to go to do a check if she was ok .I also think eating disorder - she was just a waif like weight.

Quote Originally Posted by geekygirl View Post

On a totally different note, if Peaches is cremated, are her remains Peaches and Creme? Just curious.

http://i.imgur.com/PSmCYqU.jpg

I agree with Miho...
    My Posse's On Broadway

Money doesn't always buy happiness, but it creates spoiled idiots who think their life is so terrible. Want terrible? Get a real job where you come home at 6:00 and don't have a nanny to take care of your children. Oh and you don't have a house keeper to take care of your every need and you don't have money to go out and buy 600.00 shoes and go out to dinner with 400.00 bottles of wine.

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

Well they are saying no drugs found, no note found, no marks on her. I really wonder what happened. She could have had a heart condition or something they didn't know about I suppose. I'm really interested to hear what happened.

Live Aid was founded by Bob Geldof. Hey Taupin clear out your inbox please

Quote Originally Posted by Miho View Post
    Money doesn't always buy happiness, but it creates spoiled idiots who think their life is so terrible. Want terrible? Get a real job where you come home at 6:00 and don't have a nanny to take care of your children. Oh and you don't have a house keeper to take care of your every need and you don't have money to go out and buy 600.00 shoes and go out to dinner with 400.00 bottles of wine.
    I totally agree with you. I think Bill Gates said this of money and his children: I want to give them enough so that they can do anything, but NOT enough that they can do nothing. More millionaires should follow this advice.
    To understand the living, you got to commune with the dead.
    Minerva

Quote Originally Posted by McCourt View Post
    I totally agree with you. I think Bill Gates said this of money and his children: I want to give them enough so that they can do anything, but NOT enough that they can do nothing. More millionaires should follow this advice.
    Geldof didn't give his children pocket money - they had to make their own money .

Quote Originally Posted by McCourt View Post
    My grandmother felt the same way and I agree with her. In her will it explicitly states that we are not to get any money, except to pay for college, until we have a Master's degree. And after that we get a stipend for 6 months which gives us the chance to get a job we really enjoy. If this is not done by the time we turn 32 then our inheritance is given to charity. My will has a similar clause for my children, as does their father's.

I've been lurking here for a while but it's Peaches that got me to register.
    I remember when she was born, so it's really weird for me to hear of her passing.

As to possible causes, her grandmother (Bob's mother) died at a young age of an aneurism when Bob was only 7, so could be a link from that? I just don't buy a return to drugs - not given her recent devotion to parenthood. I just don't think she'd do to her children what her mother did to her.

I could be wrong, obviously.

Also from what I hear the welfare check was requested after she failed to show at a meeting she was supposed to attend. This being out of character they tried to contact her by phone, when that all failed the welfare check was requested.

Again all theories, the post mortem is supposed to be tomorrow so perhaps we will find out.

Very sad, very shocking all the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Linnie View Post
    Who gives a BOY the name of a disturbed mythical princess who grew up with a Minotaur in the family, and then fell in love with her unwilling stepson and caused his execution by his father (who once had an affair with the princess's older sister, that killed herself over his desertion)?

There IS an explanation of sorts for Astala from www.contactmusic.com (at the time of his birth):

'Astala' is certainly an uncommon baby-name but could relate to the Nordic names Aste and Asta. Perhaps the couple named their child after Sampsa Astala, the drummer with Finnish metal band Lordi.
    Um, someone whose full name is Peaches Honeyblossom, and whose sisters' names are Fifi Trixibelle and Little Pixie, and whose half-sister is named Heavenly Hiraani Tigerlily... Just a guess, though!

But seriously, I HAAAAAAATE when celeb parents give their kids silly, totally made-up, uber-highbrow-trendy, or just plain stupid names. I guess they think it's cute and fun, but don't think about the future when their children have to actually live with those names.
    "The powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse..."

I'm sticking to the eating disorder theory

Quote Originally Posted by cash View Post
    I'm sticking to the eating disorder theory

good find, makes it seem likely .

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    Live Aid was founded by Bob Geldof. Hey Taupin clear out your inbox please
    Yep. And I am here to say I saw it.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblujems View Post
    My grandmother felt the same way and I agree with her. In her will it explicitly states that we are not to get any money, except to pay for college, until we have a Master's degree. And after that we get a stipend for 6 months which gives us the chance to get a job we really enjoy. If this is not done by the time we turn 32 then our inheritance is given to charity. My will has a similar clause for my children, as does their father's.
    That's a fabulous thing to do!!!
    Minerva

While an eating disorder looks very possible, it really could be some totally random, undiscovered heart defect or something. My father was a minister, and one of the hardest funerals he ever did was for a 20-yr-old newlywed father. The man went our for his daily jog and dropped dead on his porch. Turns out he had a congenital heart defect that was undetected until it was too late.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pg.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	6.4 KB 
ID:	50443having just seen this I'm inclined to agree...

Didnt she have some type of heart condition at birth? I thought I read something about her having a heart condition.

Sad news, remember when I saw her Dad in concert: The Boomtown Rats
    way back in1979.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

The poor girl had a crappy childhood and then dies when she is 25. Her babies are so young and won't even remember her when they grow up. I remember her mother and know who her father is, but I don't know too much about them other than the bitter split when Paula left Bob to be with Michael. I thought it was very kind when Bob raised Paula and Michael's daughter after they both died. I feel sorry for her loved ones. They've all been through a lot of heartache.

Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    The poor girl had a crappy childhood and then dies when she is 25. Her babies are so young and won't even remember her when they grow up. I remember her mother and know who her father is, but I don't know too much about them other than the bitter split when Paula left Bob to be with Michael. I thought it was very kind when Bob raised Paula and Michael's daughter after they both died. I feel sorry for her loved ones. They've all been through a lot of heartache.
    Well said (as usual) Mammy. I think what may even be worse for them is the fact that many people are jumping to conclusions that she had a direct hand in her death. Leaving her children with that lingering impression may be worse (for her) than the fact that she died. I mean if it can be determined that her eating disorder somehow weakened her heart and she died from that, then its sort of something she did to herself, but as you said, she had one hell of a difficult life and I feel that people tend to self-harm in those circumstances. The fact that she pulled herself out of that period of her life and stopped doing drugs was a hell of a big step.
    Minerva

The babies are cute and they appeared well-cared for and happy. Though the eerie (in retrospect) final tweet was the photo of Peaches and her mother, it could just be that she wished her mother was around to be a grandmother (though that is hard to imagine, given the last years of Paula Yates's life, unless there had been a drastic miraculous recovery..) Otherwise, most of the last Instagrams and Twit-pix were of a normal-seeming evening at home with the little chaps.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...utes-died.html

I have to agree with that, I cringe when I hear the names these parents give their children. British chef Jamie Oliver named his kids Poppy Honey,Daisy Boo,Petal Blossom Rainbow and Buddy Bear. WTF !

Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    I have to agree with that, I cringe when I hear the names these parents give their children. British chef Jamie Oliver named his kids Poppy Honey,Daisy Boo,Petal Blossom Rainbow and Buddy Bear. WTF !
    Those are some horrible names. Are they kids or porn stars?