Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Peaches Geldof - 25

Peaches's pretty, illustrated casket (those wood toe-pinchers are always so classy, plain or decorated):

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...#axzz2zYIM1z8d

It's always sad to see a young person die suddenly; frightening, too. I hope they come up with some cause of death for the sake of her family! Another generation of children in the family have lost their mother far too soon. Very, very sad.

I read in another article that there was a plan to scatter her ashes somewhere, yet she clearly had a casket for the funeral. My first thought was: "How wasteful!" but maybe they've already cremated her and the casket was for "show". Still, what are they going to do with the casket, then? Is someone going to display it in their parlor as a keepsake? But I could have gotten incorrect info and this is all stupid speculation on my part. In which case, never mind!

inquest next week ( May 1) into her death.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...tart-week.html

Beat me to it
    apparently the cause of death will be stated at this hearing.

***BREAKING NEWS***

It's being reported as a Heroin overdose.

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/life/c...cle4077697.ece

What??! How fucking stupid. Stupid. Stupid. She more than anyone should have known better. To put her kids through what she went through. Dumb bitch.
    I can't read that whole article but do they think it was accidental or intentional? Was she trying to die like her mother? This is just crazy.

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by The Killing Floor View Post
    ***BREAKING NEWS***

It's being reported as a Heroin overdose.

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/life/c...cle4077697.ece

Soooo not surprised

Quote Originally Posted by atomicbettie View Post
    What??! How fucking stupid. Stupid. Stupid. She more than anyone should have known better. To put her kids through what she went through. Dumb bitch.
    I can't read that whole article but do they think it was accidental or intentional? Was she trying to die like her mother? This is just crazy.
    They are saying she was 'obsessed' with her own mothers death who was also at home alone with Tiger Lilly when she died. Kinda freaky that it looks as though it might be a 'copycat' death.

Apparently they didn't find any drugs or paraphernalia at the scene, so who "cleaned up" prior to the police arriving?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...st-reveal.html

I feel so bad for Bob, her sisters, Tom and their boys...I'm completely shocked as much as she loved her sons she would do this. She had spent part of her last weekend drinking with pals, which nothing really wrong with, in moderation (according to her photos on instagram) and she died of an heroin OD? Phaedra was found next to her.. Where was he when she was OD'ing?

I really cannot believe after losing her mother young that she would do this to her kids. truly sad .

Quote Originally Posted by The Killing Floor View Post
    They are saying she was 'obsessed' with her own mothers death who was also at home alone with Tiger Lilly when she died. Kinda freaky that it looks as though it might be a 'copycat' death.
    Yeah, makes you wonder if she tried to recreate it or something. Right down to one kid being there with her. Sad and weird. But still so stupid. I hope their father meets someone who can be a good mother figure to these kids.

Quote Originally Posted by dvz View Post
    Apparently they didn't find any drugs or paraphernalia at the scene, so who "cleaned up" prior to the police arriving?

I wonder that too. I do remember when they said that. So what happened?

What exactly is an inquest? I've heard of it before but never paid much attention to what all is done in them.

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicbettie View Post

What exactly is an inquest? I've heard of it before but never paid much attention to what all is done in them.
    They are very rarely done here in the US - only at some of the smaller coroners offices that do not have an actual forensic pathologist as a ME, rather just an elected official. You may remember that Anna Nicoles son had one since he died in the Bahamas.

Anyway, its a legal proceeding where the coroner and other witnesses present information and then a jury of regular citizens vote on a cause and manner of death.

They only last a few minutes usually and have nothing to do with if a crime has been committed. That is reserved for Law enforcement.

heroin claims another one.
    sorry to say, I thought that right off.
    so very thin, and "heroin chic"
    "if you need anything, please don't hesitate to ask someone else first" Kurt Cobain

[SIGPIC] http://phineas4cobain.tumblr.com/post/36392280360 [/SIGPIC]

The peach didn't fall very far from the tree unfortunately. As dvz above asked, who did the cleanup prior to the cops arriving?
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Called it.

Quote Originally Posted by Trilby View Post
    Well, I'm going for death from under-eating + pills/coke or heroin or both. It's a hard job staying thin.

Damn that heroin is a bitch. RIP young lady
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    When I close my eyes I can see you. And finally, Thank you Dad. for everything.
    March 1934-July 2016

gottaqhfilly Guest
    Stupid twat. Perhaps in 20 years, phaedra (stupid name from a stupid twat parent) will od next to his stupidly named spawn.

At the moment that's speculation. I'm going to wait a couple of hours for the formal coroner's statement. It could be true but until formally disclosed I'm waiting, in this country you can't libel the dead.

FYI inquests don't always have a jury present. Sometimes it's just the coroner hearing all the evidence and ruling accordingly. Jury inquests are incredibly rare, but coroner inquests are used for all unexpected deaths - even my dad who died at 50 from a cardiac event - because he wasn't diagnosed with any cardiac issue it gad to go through the inquest process.

Benion Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Emzy View Post
    At the moment that's speculation. I'm going to wait a couple of hours for the formal coroner's statement. It could be true but until formally disclosed I'm waiting, in this country you can't libel the dead.

FYI inquests don't always have a jury present. Sometimes it's just the coroner hearing all the evidence and ruling accordingly. Jury inquests are incredibly rare, but coroner inquests are used for all unexpected deaths - even my dad who died at 50 from a cardiac event - because he wasn't diagnosed with any cardiac issue it gad to go through the inquest process.
    I had to attend a coroners inquest when I was an accident and emergency doctor and that was a heroin overdose. It was just me, the family, the coroner and a pathologist. It went to inquest because I had treated the woman 12 hours before her death. I actually tried to get her into detox, but there is very little funding in the NHS so the poor woman ended up getting sent home.

The weird thing about this is it looks like a copycat death. Even down to the detail of having a child present when the body was found. It is just lucky she was found so quickly as Phaedra could have come to harm being left unsupervised.

Hmm , I think someone has said the family didn't seem shocked - now it seems we know why .I wonder if it was accidental ? I hope so .

Benion Guest
    If it was a heroin OD it will be impossible to tell if it is suicide or accident without a suicide note or evidence she reported suicidal thoughts to someone in the lead up to her death.

I wonder if the person who removed her drugs gear also removed a note ?

Benion Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by artymorty View Post
    I wonder if the person who removed her drugs gear also removed a note ?
    I thought from the start the scene would have been cleaned up. In my experience of dealing with overdoses there is often not a clear cut line between suicide and accident. In order to take heroin the user has little regard for their health.

I doubt we will ever find out the identity of the individual who cleaned the scene and unless things were mentioned to officials eg medical staff/police I doubt we will ever know.

Such a sad situation. History repeating itself I guess.

Ok formal conformation made by the court.
    so who cleared up?

I keep reading mixed stories - one said she was found by her husband and others saying she was found by a friend, Police, etc... I am thinking hubby and he cleaned it up.

Bottom line - too much of a coinky dink I say - I am leaning towards suicide which is STOOPID considering she KNEW the pain of growing up without a Mother...
    My Posse's On Broadway

lisalouver Guest
    The whole thing is not surprising at all. I knew it from the beginning.

As I said, coroners inquests are RARELY used anymore here in the US because they dont really serve a purpose and most counties in the US have done the right thing and gone to a Medical Examiners system with a board certified forensic pathologist. Only very few small counties operate on a coroner as an elected official (which is like living in 1950).

It is clear that this was indeed a copycat death, and that was clear from me when she tweeted that last pic. It was frightening to be more precise.

She cared so little for herself and more importantly for her child(ren). What a terrible thing to do to them.

In my experience working for the ME for many years, less than 30 percent of suicides leave a note. And I cant testify as to the UK, but here in the US, we cannot rule a death a suicide unless we have absolute proof in one way or another (previous attempts, and/or ideation voiced in medical records). Her death here in the US would be ruled an accidental overdose.

ETA : Like Shejay said, I agree, it was a suicide. But will probably be ruled an accident.

So very, very sad in every sense of the word.....

A few more details here:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Casper, I love you so much baby boy... waking up with you in the house is a blessing every day! Thank you for filling our home and hearts with so much love, joy, laughter and ever so sweet Sammy smiles! We belong together! XOXOX

Inquests over here in the UK are common but as Lisalouver says , it has to be conclusively proven to be labelled suicide . My friends husband hung himself in their garage but it was called a narrative verdict .

Poo Bah MCGee Guest
    Canned peaches?

Sorry but what a stupid selfish bitch

Inquests over here in the UK are common but as Lisalouver says , it has to be conclusively proven to be labelled suicide . My friends husband hung himself in their garage but it was called a narrative verdict .
    I think you will find that inquests are found in most Commonwealth countries. It is a hangover from British rule. Seems to work well enough.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

now they are wondering where she got the drugs........the husband? he's a musician they say.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	article-2617315-1D7C60F500000578-663_634x612.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	81.2 KB 
ID:	50601Click image for larger version. 

Name:	article-2617315-1CF5124000000578-22_634x602.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	108.3 KB 
ID:	50602Click image for larger version. 

Name:	article-2617315-00E8221500000190-443_306x434.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	48.1 KB 
ID:	50603
    "if you need anything, please don't hesitate to ask someone else first" Kurt Cobain

[SIGPIC] http://phineas4cobain.tumblr.com/post/36392280360 [/SIGPIC]

Not at all surprised.

What - oh what - could she have been thinking of????? Come to think of it, it wouldn't have been worth a line of smack . . .
    To understand the living, you got to commune with the dead.
    Minerva

They have a special type of insurance for the famous and wealthy. It's a clean up my messy death service. I would suggest it for all the rich and famous.

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by phineas117 View Post
    now they are wondering where she got the drugs........the husband? he's a musician they say.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	article-2617315-1D7C60F500000578-663_634x612.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	81.2 KB 
ID:	50601Click image for larger version. 

Name:	article-2617315-1CF5124000000578-22_634x602.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	108.3 KB 
ID:	50602Click image for larger version. 

Name:	article-2617315-00E8221500000190-443_306x434.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	48.1 KB 
ID:	50603
    She was actually caught and arrested on the street a few years back giving money to a dealer for dope. She had a previous drug problem, thought she had beat it, but looks like she hadnt. I am sure she called one of her old dealers, or got it on the street like she used to.

Here in my state, law enforcement goes after the dealers of heroin hardcore when there is a few deaths in a row. We have had a lot of people charged here.

Quote Originally Posted by lisalouver View Post
    She was actually caught and arrested on the street a few years back giving money to a dealer for dope. She had a previous drug problem, thought she had beat it, but looks like she hadnt. I am sure she called one of her old dealers, or got it on the street like she used to.

Here in my state, law enforcement goes after the dealers of heroin hardcore when there is a few deaths in a row. We have had a lot of people charged here.
    What a waste….Heroin claims another...

I call on doctors and the stories I hear from them about heroin use even among teenagers in high school. This is the drug of choice now

Heroin..it's my life.......it's my wife..............

Sky News has now reported that the police have issued a statement saying the drugs gear was found by them when they were called to the house .Not surprised . I bet they kept it quiet for the sympathy vote .

Sky News has now reported that the police have issued a statement saying the drugs gear was found by them when they were called to the house .Not surprised . I bet they kept it quiet for the sympathy vote .
    More on this here, along with some other info which I had not heard....no telling what's true and what's not:

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/473...Peaches-Geldof
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Casper, I love you so much baby boy... waking up with you in the house is a blessing every day! Thank you for filling our home and hearts with so much love, joy, laughter and ever so sweet Sammy smiles! We belong together! XOXOX

The methadone may have done it, the body goes into shock, that is what happened to the guy who died in my old apartment, he was in his twenties, was a drug user, went to rehab to get methadone , he died a week later, in his sleep. The ruling for him also was a drug overdose caused by the methadone.

DrDeath Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by shipmatekate View Post
    Sorry but what a stupid selfish bitch
    Do you not think she was still reeling from her mother's death? It might be years later but Peaches herself said she never started to grieve until she was about 16. That she put on a front, a bolshie exterior, perhaps to hide what was going on underneath sometimes?

Do you think she wanted this to happen? That she wanted history to repeat itself? I for one don't. Yes it can be argued that it was her choice to take those drugs but sometimes life isn't so black and white, if she was emotionally 'all there' I doubt this would ever have happened. She loved her boys with all her heart but she couldn't conquer her own demons, caused largely by (and I hate to say this as liked her) her own mother, who God knows had a chaotic upbringing herself which is why she also tried to give her daughters a more stable upbringing until she took up with Michael Hutchence (two people who were poisonous together and should never have hooked up IMO) and her own life spiralled out of control.

A young woman of 25 is dead leaving a grieving husband and family but also two children under 2. I honestly don't think this is the time to throw stones, we've never walked a mile in Peaches shoes. Looks like there was something in her posting a picture of her and her mum after all. Perhaps becoming a mum herself brought all her grief back, perhaps she got angry with her mother at times in a 'how could you?' way and/or upset because her mother wasn't here to see her sons? A myriad of emotions could have come to the surface which until then she'd successfully managed to contain. I'm glad nothing happened to her son and that he's far too young to remember that he was left alone with his dead mother but I also refuse to completely condemn a woman who paid for her demons with the ultimate price, her life.

Ah, but we can throw all the stones we want here, as long as those stones don't bust the rules. Kate's didn't, yours did. Rule 4. Ht it and get it.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I don't buy into all this she had her demons lark - did PSH have demons when he left his young kids without a dad ? or was it the high was just too amazing not to hit again and again , until nothing else mattered ? we all have demons but don't all get into heroin .

lisalouver Guest
    I don't buy into all this she had her demons lark - did PSH have demons when he left his young kids without a dad ? or was it the high was just too amazing not to hit again and again , until nothing else mattered ? we all have demons but don't all get into heroin .

Exactly.

Benion Guest
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...fect-life.html

So it turns out she had been using for a few years and was also hooked on stimulant type diet pills. Also her father-in-law was a social worker, so why didn't someone report this to social services? Guess all of that "earth mother" stuff must have just been PR spin.

Quote Originally Posted by Benion View Post
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...fect-life.html

So it turns out she had been using for a few years and was also hooked on stimulant type diet pills. Also her father-in-law was a social worker, so why didn't someone report this to social services? Guess all of that "earth mother" stuff must have just been PR spin.
    So the REAL truth finally emerges....SMH...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Maybe she just fucked up? Nothing more.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

she was obsessed with Elliott Smith

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/peaches-...-cohen-3493710

Mammy Guest
    Tiger Lily looks exactly like her Dad!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrit...rength-3493385