Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: L'Wren Scott

Unhappy L'Wren Scott, Mick Jagger's GF, hangs herself

http://www.tmz.com/2014/03/17/lwren-...hangs-herself/

L'Wren Scott, the fashion designer who was dating rocker Mick Jagger, was found hanging in her Manhattan apartment today. She was 47.

According to police, the body was found by her assistant this morning around 10:00 AM. Officials say she was hanging from a doorknob.

There was no suicide note found and right now police say they do not suspect foul play.

Scott was known to have dressed Nicole Kidman, Amy Adams, Christina Hendricks and Penelope Cruz for the red carpet.

She and Mick had been dating for 12 years. Their last big public outing was back in November for the launch of one of her fashion lines in L.A.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2014/03/17/lwren-...#ixzz2wF3CskJN

Mick is currently on tour with the Rolling Stones ... and is scheduled to do a show in Australia on the 19th.

Story developing ...

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2014/03/17/lwren-...#ixzz2wF3HDj1p

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I've never heard of her but how very sad.

Seagorath Guest
    Mick Jagger...depresses many.

What the heck? A doorknob? That is sad, I wonder what made her do this, bet we will never know. I thought they made a nice looking couple.

DrDeath Guest
    Genuinely shocked. She was so talented!

Is it wrong that, when I saw hanging, I thought gosh high ceiling!

endsleigh03 Guest
    Just saw this.

The thing that popped out (other than the suicide) was NYP saying she was 6'3.

endsleigh03 Guest
    2 threads.

Dumb question. How do you hang yourself from a doornob?
    Everyone must die but not everyone has lived

Believe it or not it's quite common for hanging victim's feet to be touching the ground. You just tie off a rope or equivalent and sit down.
    I am the king of all things stupid!

11. 03-17-2014, 01:15 PM
    Reason
    thread duplications

That takes a lot of self-control, to hang yourself from a doorknob.
    For man also knoweth not his time: as the fishes that are taken in an evil net, and as the birds that are caught in the snare; so are the sons of men snared in an evil time, when it falleth suddenly upon them.

What's so good about goodbye, when the best was yet to come?

Saw this on TMZ. She seemed a very sophisticated lady with beauty, talent, successful business, money and famous boyfriend. She had to be profoundly despairing to do this.

Another thing mentioned is that she called her assistant to come over to her place and it was the assistant that found her. That's a very traumatizing thing to occur. That lady will never be the same again.

It crossed my mind to wonder how Mick will handle this. All the serious women in his life-Bianca, Jerry Hall, Marianne Faithfull- are all still living. He's has always maintained open relationships and left when he wanted to so it makes you wonder.

Did she kill herself on Alexander McQueen's birthday? seems like there might be a connection, with him also hanging himself (can't remember if that was also from a doorknob). Wow, strange sad case!

Benion Guest

Mick jagger's girlfriend L'Wren Scott

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...s-suicide.html

Suicide is the saddest way to go.

Apparently a very painless and quick way to go , if you do it right .If you have second thoughts you can just stand up .
    They say she was insanely in debt (and wouldn't let Mick help )and relations with his daughter and Bianca weren't good between them .Also , she was ageing and had been a great beauty in her day ......... in other words , she my have been very depressed ?

Quote Originally Posted by Benion View Post
    She was very pretty. And one seriously tall drink of water.

RIP

Seagorath Guest
    Sure Mick is devastated. Sure he is crying on one of his concubines right now...

..."Can yuh puss the blow, mate..."

GuiltyLittleDeathHag Guest

Mick Jagger's girlfriend found hanged in apparent suicide

Didn't see one on this, apparently Mick Jagger's girlfriend, a fashion designer named L'Wren Scott was found hanged in her New York apartment today. They said it's an apparent suicide, but no note was found.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/17/showbi...designer-obit/

Just saw on the CNN ticker Mick says he's "Completely shocked" She was found hanging from a "door knob" which I find odd...How high is a door knob?!

This articles talks about what might have led her to do it:

Last edited by GuiltyLittleDeathHag; 03-17-2014 at 03:01 PM.

All of you who created a thread about Mick's girlfriend have been here way long enough to know to do a search before creating a thread, especially about current events in the news, because those topics are generally on the sub index page, in this case it was right smack dab on the main index and the last one was posted on the wrong category and forum. Search, people, search.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyLittleDeathHag View Post
    Didn't see one on this, apparently Mick Jagger's girlfriend, a fashion designer named L'Wren Scott was found hanged in her New York apartment today. They said it's an apparent suicide, but no note was found.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/17/showbi...designer-obit/

Just saw on the CNN ticker Mick says he's "Completely shocked" She was found hanging from a "door knob" which I find odd...How high is a door knob?!

This articles talks about what might have led her to do it:

Well, it was right there. No excuses.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Jesus H

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    Well, it was right there. No excuses.
    Sorry I did look through all the sections and searched for her and Mick's name and still didn't see it...My bad!!

Just goes to show that having lots of money and being famous - doesn't make one happy in some cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    Just goes to show that having lots of money and being famous - doesn't make one happy in some cases.
    Ain't that the truth?
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

I think they are saying she was million in debt and that's one of the reasons she did it. Mick has more than enough but I guess she refused to ask him or tell anybody how bad off she really was.

[QUOTE=GuiltyLittleDeathHag;1444582]
    Just saw on the CNN ticker Mick says he's "Completely shocked" She was found hanging from a "door knob" which I find odd...How high is a door knob?/QUOTE]

Yeah, the door knob thing would comfuse me even if she wasn't 6'4". Maybe we will get a clarifocation?

Quote Originally Posted by McMorbid View Post
    Believe it or not it's quite common for hanging victim's feet to be touching the ground. You just tie off a rope or equivalent and sit down.
    I think Mc's given a clarification about how you do this .It is pretty common to hang yourself this way .

Quote Originally Posted by GuiltyLittleDeathHag View Post
    I think they are saying she was million in debt and that's one of the reasons she did it. Mick has more than enough but I guess she refused to ask him or tell anybody how bad off she really was.
    Yes, but the point is, she had a lot of money, but racked up millions in debt, so she was bankrupt--or thought she was; remember Michael Jackson being broke with $200,00 in the bank? and could not face it.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Remember, he tried to get out of giving Jerry Hall any kind of settlement on the grounds their marriage was not legally binding, he ended up giving her $25 million and that must have hurt ! What a cheap SOB, after nine yrs. and four children ! Who knows ,she might have asked him for help, and he could have said your financial problems are your own. If that's the case, he is going to have to live with this. Very sad indeed.
    Last edited by Mansfield67; 03-17-2014 at 05:30 PM.

Sad - she looked like a lovely woman. Hanging isn't about dangling from a rope; it's about cutting off the blood flow to the brain. When used as a method of execution it's about breaking the neck; when used as a form of suicide you just need to restrict the blood flow. Within a few seconds you pass out and it's all over; unless whatever you have looped around your neck happens to break away from your neck; allowing the flow of blood to resume. Yeah; a door knob will work; obviously.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

So silly question and it doesn't really matter but I'm going to ask it...

How is her name pronounced? Is it like Lauren or is it La-Wren?

Baron von zeppelin Guest
    she was 6 million dollars in debt and was too proud to ask jagger for a loan.

Quote Originally Posted by endsleigh03 View Post
    Just saw this.

The thing that popped out (other than the suicide) was NYP saying she was 6'3.
    Quote Originally Posted by duchessmary View Post
    Dumb question. How do you hang yourself from a doornob?
    Well I'm six feet tall and the average doorknob is 36 inches from the floor. So I think someone tall who chose this as a method of suicide would tie a rope, sheet, whatever around the doorknob securely, close the door, tie the other end around their neck,, then lean forward until they passed out.

She finally saw an episode of "Walking Dead" and realized she was fucking a Zombie. Couldn't handle that my own self.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

1karenhb Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SheeBee View Post
    So silly question and it doesn't really matter but I'm going to ask it...

How is her name pronounced? Is it like Lauren or is it La-Wren?
    I've wondered that too.

ok if it was LAUREN it would have been spelled L-A-U-R-E-N
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

6'3" is tall timber. Add a few more inches and she would have surely stood out in a crowd. Big girl.

6 million in the red would probably be a good enough reason to do the deed.

R.I.P.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Quote Originally Posted by neilmpenny View Post
    6'3" is tall timber. Add a few more inches and she would have surely stood out in a crowd. Big girl.

6 million in the red would probably be a good enough reason to do the deed.

R.I.P.
    That's what filing bankruptcy is for. So to me it's not.

I agree, depending on what you read on this, it's everything from financial trouble to getting dumped by Mick, neither of which is worth killing yourself over, especially the latter .

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    Yes, but the point is, she had a lot of money, but racked up millions in debt, so she was bankrupt--or thought she was; remember Michael Jackson being broke with $200,00 in the bank? and could not face it.
    Yes cindyt I get it, I was saying something, sorry!

She made the name up. She can probably pronounce it however she likes. That is why I asked.

Debt or no debt...the door knob thing is a bit off. Since she didn't leave a note, I'm wondering if it was intentional, or an auto-erotic thing?
    "I was 12 going on 13 the first time I saw a dead human being" --Stand by Me

I thought shades of Michael Hutchence and David Carradine at first too when I first saw this thread. Then as I read down I thought, probably not.

NOVSTORM Guest
    Nope that is french the way she did that spelling/ La wren is how they pronounced it on TV..spelling and pronouncing names these days is not as simple as it looks.

How can you hang yourself from a doorknob?????

47. 03-17-2014, 09:45 PM

Reason
    dupe

Its already been addressed but it's called non suspension hanging and it happens all the time. you dont have to be suspended off the ground to hang yourself. you just have to cut off the blood and oxygen flow. You tie something around your neck and to something else and just lean forward. Eventually you will pass out and then unless someone finds you it's all over from there.

Kinda like reading Pattie Boyds bio...........

Stones have cancelled their first Australian concert in Perth. The wife saw them last Saturday night here in Singapore and she got me a cool tour Tshirt. I wasn't paying $400 bucks for a ticket.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

DrDeath Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    That's what filing bankruptcy is for. So to me it's not.
    Possibly but you could argue that it isn't morally right to file bankruptcy. I mean she owed the money so I guess she was always seeking ways to pay it back. Ok killing yourself isn't great either but some people would rather do this I guess. Happens a lot. I suppose she would've had to live with an awful lot of guilt if she had filed as she couldn't even pay her staff at the end. That's gotta sting.

You could argue either, really. Since we weren't in her head and never will be, we'll never know. I do wonder if drugs or alcohol played a part in her finale though. Seems like most who take this route take something to ease the pain of their final act. Or as insurance in case it fails.