Thread: Neknominate ~ Lethal Drink Game Sweeping Social Media

Seagorath Guest

Neknominate ~ Lethal Drink Game Sweeping Social Media

I didn't see a thread for this in my searches...and assuming this goes in the Everything Else section.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/02/18/world/...t=hp_inthenews

What happened to the good old days of just sitting around and drinking just to drink? And yet, I'm glad I don't drink anymore because I know some of my buddies would be dumb enough to try this shit.
    "I was 12 going on 13 the first time I saw a dead human being" --Stand by Me

The guy who started it has tried to distance himself from it as there's been 3 deaths from it in the UK alone. People just keep doing it though .......

Culling the herd....morons.

Dickheads.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

DrDeath Guest
    My country is having a cleansing of imbeciles. Nothing to see here. Move on

There's a kid here in the US that was given the dare to drink vodka out of a snow boot. To save face, he used water instead. Smart kid, he will go far. He just needs a new set of friends.
    Any day above ground is a good day.

Seagorath Guest
    Cool. I've heard of a few substituting water or watered sprite for Vodka. I couldn't drink much vodka. It's a dangerous alcohol when "I" drink it. Never again.

Quote Originally Posted by geekygirl View Post
    There's a kid here in the US that was given the dare to drink vodka out of a snow boot. To save face, he used water instead. Smart kid, he will go far. He just needs a new set of friends.

I like how the article states "at least five men aged under 30 have died after drinking deadly cocktails" insinuating that these deaths are a direct result of this "game" but cite no specific stories showing this correlation and in fact offer absolutely no info at all concerning any alcohol related deaths. Sounds like a paper is trying to create the news. Trolling Facebook and Youtube and pilfering other unverified news reports is now considered investigative journalism.
    http://metro.co.uk/2014/02/10/two-br...dares-4298841/
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Seagorath Guest
    Well put, Ich. Interesting slant.

I just hope nobody crosses into the gasoline and kerosene threshold. That would be awful.