Thread: Mary Grace Canfield

Mary Grace Canfield

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...cmp=latestnews She was most famous for playing Ralph on Green Acres but I really liked her in the Andy Griffith episode where she is "Mary Grace", Gomer Pyle's date.

She had appeared in a few episodes of Bewitched as Harriet Kravitz. after Alice Pearce passed away or was near death and couldn't continue as Harriet's sister-in-law Gladys Kravitz. Mary Grace was funny as Ralph Monroe and drove Oliver up the wall. Sid Melton [Ralph Monroe's brother Alf] also passed away a couple of years ago. Ralph was hopelessly in love with Hank Kimball she called him "Hanky". is Tom Lester [Eb] the only surviving cast member of Green Acres now?

phirerednga Guest
    awwwww I loved her on Green Acres. RIP

Quote Originally Posted by ROBERT63 View Post
    is Tom Lester [Eb] the only surviving cast member of Green Acres now?
    Sadly, yes.

RIP Mary Grace Canfield.

Loved her and Gomer dancing on Andy Griffith. RIP.

Quote Originally Posted by Leasie View Post
    Loved her and Gomer dancing on Andy Griffith. RIP.
    Worth watching again:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJBhxhnkh8E

I loved her but find it odd I looked last night and there is a photo of a grave that says she passed in 1983 I'll try to find it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

aLiLdirt Guest
    RIP, indeed. Ms. Canfield had a lovely long life.

I also liked her on Green Acres. for some reason, I always got gaydar from her. maybe it was the overalls lol

RIP Mary Grace Canfield http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/vid...k-up/17wfmupv6 "Alf and Ralph Break Up", Lisa admits that she has no cooking abilities and says her only talent is her Zsa Zsa Gabor imitation '

Quote Originally Posted by Ludigan View Post

Aw RIP.....Loved her and Gomer.......
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

'Green Acres' actress Mary Grace Canfield dies at 89

Published February 17, 2014 Associated Press
    Facebook

TwitterGplus
    This photo from the 1960s provided by courtesy of Phoebe Alexiades shows actress Mary Grace Canfield as handywoman, Ralph Monroe, from the television series, "Green Acres."AP

SANTA BARBARA, Calif. – Mary Grace Canfield, a veteran character actress who played handywoman Ralph Monroe on the television show "Green Acres," has died. She was 89.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

They had a Green Acres movie reunion in 1990 Mary Grace, Sid Melton [Alf], Alvy Moore, Tom Lester, Pat Buttram [Mr.Haney] , Frank Cady [Mr.Drucker] reunited with Eddie Albert and Eva Gabor they all reprised their roles, their characters fight to save Hooterville from developers. I saw it on DVD for sale recently at Wal Mart. I wish they would release the other seasons of Green Acres on DVD. so far they only have the first 3 seasons on DVD.

I remember her best from Something Wicked This Way Comes and Pollyanna. I especially loved her character in SWTWC. RIP, you were a wonderful actress.
    "I was 12 going on 13 the first time I saw a dead human being" --Stand by Me

Mary Grace Canfield as Harriet Kravitz on Bewitched spying on Samantha and witnessing witchcraft. Richard Dreyfuss played a young warlock who turned into a dog. one of Ralph and Alf on Green Acres.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BEWITCHEDMARYGRACECANFIELD.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	53.2 KB 
ID:	49991Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GREENACRESMARYGRACECANFIELDSIDMELTON.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	204.1 KB 
ID:	49992

So all of the performers from the three Henning shows are now deceased except for Donna Douglas & Max Bear Jr. (Bev Hillbillies); Tom Lester (Green Acres) and June Lockhart, Lori Saunders, Linda Kaye Henning, Mike Minor, Jeanine Riley, Patricia Woodell, Gunilla Hutton, Jonathan Daly (Petticoat Junction).

Donna Douglas passed away in January, and Pat Woodell died late September of this year... ain't many of em' left!
    By my troth, I care not; a man can die but once; we owe God a death.... He that dies this year is quit for the next.
    --William Shakespeare!

Quote Originally Posted by phirerednga View Post
    awwwww I loved her on Green Acres. RIP
    Me too.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Sounds like she had a happy and fulfilling life. Nice to hear that. https://www.independent.com/obits/20...race-canfield/
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    Sounds like she had a happy and fulfilling life. Nice to hear that. https://www.independent.com/obits/20...race-canfield/
    Thank You, for this a nice read about her.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.