Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Valentines Day

1karenhb Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by LLC View Post
    I'm with right there with ya, Karen...minus the cats. Lol. So, Happy Valentine's Day my dear.
    Aww thanks LLC. Happy V. D. to you too! I could loan you some of my cats

Pat Bateman Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever-27 View Post
    Love is great if your in it. I'm not so valentines day is just another day.

Tcm will be showing The St Valentines Day Massacre, so ill be watching that movie. Its a valentines day movie with a death hag twist to it.
    I'm with you, mate. Bah humbug.

I think I may be the only chick on planet Earth who detests Valentines Day. Lol. I never liked it. Don't buy me chocolates or lingerie. Give me cash. Lol

orionova Guest
    My boyfriend of three months dumped me a couple weeks ago by telling me he'd found someone better. I am not in the mood to even acknowledge V-day exists, lest I go looking for a razor blade and a bottle of vodka. My 13 year old son, on the other hand, has made a duct tape rose for his girlfriend, plus he has a card and a box of candy for her.

aLiLdirt Guest
    Since I bought this new house, I've been looking forward to re-exploring the scintillating world of culinary delights. Especially baking. (Due to the fact that my previous kitchen of many years was essentially a joke.) Sooo, earlier today I made up a variety of confections for family and friends and will deliver them in lovely creative packaging, on Valentine's day.

Part of the rest of Val day will be spent watching the dvd of a film that I had a teensy part in. It has been out on video several months. Until now, I have been reluctant to view it, since it was greeted at the box office with a collective worldwide yawn. But I totally enjoyed working on it and getting paid because of it, so I am determined to like it, even if it isn't exactly my favorite genre.

I've also sent myself flowers (off-white hydrangeas. Bite me, Madonna) which will arrive after lunchtime.
    Just because.

melody Guest
    Meh we both work, either way hubs is not that kinda guy...at least not too much...

Pryncis Guest
    I'll be working. I bought some chocolates to share with the other single ladies working with me LOL. They bought chocolate too. Gonna be a normal night :-)

Town Without Pity Guest
    We don't really do much for the holiday, as we both say we have 365 days of love why just pick one. We get the boys a little something but none of them are really into candy so its getting harder to pick something. When my Dad was alive he would send us all cards that he actually picked out himself, (that was a big thing as my Mom would always do the holiday shopping) So I miss that since he's been gone...so I get out my box of memories and look at the cards and think of my number one valentine....My Dad.

CORONERGAL Guest
    I have to work and hubs will be on his way back from Northern Nevada tomorrow so we'll celebrate when he gets home. I want to cook dinner for us but he said he'd text on his way back and maybe bring something home. I don't know.....I k inda want to cook a nice dinner for us.Call me old fashioned.

We're too poor to do anything. I was lucky enough to buy wifey a card and I told her last night that during her break she should pick up a bag of Reeses peanut butter cups
    so we can leave them with our daughter. I don't remember if we've been to the cemetery yet this year or not. Christmas I know we left her flowers.
    When you lose a parent you lose your past. When you lose a spouse you lose your present. When you lose a child you lose your future.
    R.I.P Kim: http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...336317&df=all&
    R.I.P Dad http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=93315851
    R.I.P Mom http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=97780420

tuesdays_jupiter Guest
    Every year I get my hopes all worked up thinking that hubband might have taken the hint and had flowers delivered to my work. I am not working on V-day this year, so I plan to get nothing (maybe a gas station rose,like the one I got last year). I try to do something special for him and because he doesn't do jewelery or anything like that, I try to make a nice meal. We went out one year ( a few days after V-day), but generally I buy a nice steak and cook for him. This year it is porterhouse steak with salad and baked potato (per his request). Hubband has been saying for a few days that he has a certain idea in mind for what to do for me, but can't figure out how to do it yet-which means that I will get nothing but an excuse (the same one that I get every year) and maybe he will do the dishes.

I know this seems very petty and selfish, but we never do anything. We rarely eat a meal alone without Mr. Toddler. Even before we were married I cannot recall getting anything for Valentine's Day from him. So this year for Valentine's Day I will be cooking a big meal for my hubband and calling to ask him to stop and get Mr. Toddler the balloon that we promised him.

Town Without Pity Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by tuesdays_jupiter View Post
    Every year I get my hopes all worked up thinking that hubband might have taken the hint and had flowers delivered to my work. I am not working on V-day this year, so I plan to get nothing (maybe a gas station rose,like the one I got last year). I try to do something special for him and because he doesn't do jewelery or anything like that, I try to make a nice meal. We went out one year ( a few days after V-day), but generally I buy a nice steak and cook for him. This year it is porterhouse steak with salad and baked potato (per his request). Hubband has been saying for a few days that he has a certain idea in mind for what to do for me, but can't figure out how to do it yet-which means that I will get nothing but an excuse (the same one that I get every year) and maybe he will do the dishes.

I know this seems very petty and selfish, but we never do anything. We rarely eat a meal alone without Mr. Toddler. Even before we were married I cannot recall getting anything for Valentine's Day from him. So this year for Valentine's Day I will be cooking a big meal for my hubband and calling to ask him to stop and get Mr. Toddler the balloon that we promised him.
    My Brother-in-law although very loving to my sister, a good husband he doesn't do any holidays, which pisses off the other 6 sisters, so one year we all sent her flowers, 6 deliverys to her house. When he got home, my sister figuring they weren't from him kept her mouth shut. He felt so bad after that, he hasn't forgotten a holiday since....he knows better, you don't want a gang of sisters to be on the attack....and a mother-in-law...lol He was very stupid about it though, she always over spoiled him on holidays and he'd not even give her a Christmas card....and we'd call and remind him.....we don't have to anymore...maybe that's what you need to do...lol...want me to gather the sisters?...lol

tarsier Guest
    WE celebrate valentines by giving the cats each a can of tuna which they only get on special occassions but Christmas to Easter is a long time for cats to wait and after Easter they don't get anymore until the start of football seasons for big wins. We've always done this with our own cats but started the "tradition" last year with my Dad's cats who already recognize the can (I picked it up and walked in the next room they being great hunters followed me and the can.

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by geekygirl View Post
    Yes, I was shocked too. This is why we send our kids to Private (Catholic) school anyway, so we don't have to put up with some of the bizarre stuff that goes on in public schools. My kids must wear uniforms (no underwear hanging out of gang banger attire), get detention if they don't do their homework among other things that make them more responsible kids like the public schools did years ago before they became too soft.

I am not sure, this is my speculation only, but Governor Schwartzenegger is close friends with Cardinal Mahony here in LA. In fact, the Governator and Maria Shriver made HUGE donations to the big new Cathedral here in LA, Our Lady of the Angels. Since the No Junk Food Law was a pet initiative for Schwartzenegger, my bet is that the Cardinal decided to enforce it here in the LA Archdiocese area. Just for the record, Mahony is a money grubbing politico.
    I know this is old geeky, but I had to comment. I think this is terrible. My daughter attends private Catholic school and we do it up on Valentines Day! Actually, they have parties for all the holidays even St Pattys day! Anyway, treats galore in their party today, she went off to school so happy and an out of uniform day! Wearing red and pink!

Back on topic, I have been in a relationship for the last 6 months and am blissfully happy!!! I am making dinner for my sweetie and we got each other cards... we exchanged gifts last week (couldnt wait lol)

havoc Guest
    I got my sweetie a belt and bag.

Now the vacuum works perfectly......

tuesdays_jupiter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Town Without Pity View Post
    My Brother-in-law although very loving to my sister, a good husband he doesn't do any holidays, which pisses off the other 6 sisters, so one year we all sent her flowers, 6 deliverys to her house. When he got home, my sister figuring they weren't from him kept her mouth shut. He felt so bad after that, he hasn't forgotten a holiday since....he knows better, you don't want a gang of sisters to be on the attack....and a mother-in-law...lol He was very stupid about it though, she always over spoiled him on holidays and he'd not even give her a Christmas card....and we'd call and remind him.....we don't have to anymore...maybe that's what you need to do...lol...want me to gather the sisters?...lol

Oh, TWP, that is a great story. And thank you for the offer of sisters (my own sister is single and would say that I should be lucky to have a good man). I could sic his mother on him, but that would require talking to her . At least he remembered my birthday this year (about 3 weeks ago) last year he forgot them both(bday and vday). I guess I am one of those ppl who are like : if I have to tell you, never mind:: I am hoping this year that since I started talking about it last week and again last night, he might actually DO something.

MorbidChrissy Guest
    Not. I don't think I've ever celebrated Valentine's Day with a guy. I think once? And he wasn't really my boyfriend. How sad. I think I'll go to PetSmart and get my little guy some snacks. He's the only one I love! lol

havoc Guest

Billy Weathersby Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by CORONERGAL View Post
    I have to work and hubs will be on his way back from Northern Nevada tomorrow so we'll celebrate when he gets home. I want to cook dinner for us but he said he'd text on his way back and maybe bring something home. I don't know.....I k inda want to cook a nice dinner for us.Call me old fashioned.
    Tell him what's for dessert and maybe he won't stop off.

Billy Weathersby Guest
    I'm covered..Got my lovely wife of 32 years a dozen roses, Gold earrings, a huge box of candy and a very nice card....

Pooh-Bear Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by smellslikealmonds View Post
    My husband asked me what I wanted for Valentine's Day and I told him I just want to be left alone.
    I'm such a joy to be around.
    Rock and Roll

Well, someone had to be a dick today so I guess I don't want to go out and eat I will just sit here and sip a beer. I think I will toss his card and sent Jerseysucks his box of Reeses cups.

tuesdays_jupiter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Leasie View Post
    Well, someone had to be a dick today so I guess I don't want to go out and eat I will just sit here and sip a beer. I think I will toss his card and sent Jerseysucks his box of Reeses cups.
    I approve this message.

DionysianSpirit Guest
    pass. "valentines day" is one of the various random days each year I surprise whichever chick I am seeing at the time.

MorbidChrissy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by havoc View Post
    haha That's hilarious!

PurrPurr Guest
    Valentine's Day = another excuse to indulge in chocolate (Not that there's anything wrong with that!).

wilkiefan Guest
    The hubs and I agreed not to do anything but smile and hug each other. It was nice.

tuesdays_jupiter Guest
    My hubband actually came through for me for Valentine's Day. He found my favorite kind of orange roses (he refuses to buy me daisies which are my favorite) and even got Mr. Toddler a giant Mickey Mouse balloon.

Hubby and I didn't do anything this year. We both worked, and we're broke. I usually don't work Tuesdays for therapeutic purposes, but one of our closers had court last night AND I only had 30 hours for the week, so I picked up her shift last night. I told him, "Forget the roses, forget the chocolate. All I want for Valentine's Day this year is BREAKING DAWN on DVD."
    "Tequila may not be the answer, but it's worth a shot."

"I just go here!"

"I am not psychic. I AM psychotic. BIG difference."

patty jones Guest
    Billy , very nice gifts, I hope your wife really like these gifts .

A little tip for all the gentlemen out there lol
    Attachment 45149
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Do mind the pedestrian, Richard."
    - Hyacinth Bucket

well, that's a cheerful thought....since my birthday is the 15th, I usually get a combined giftie. NO FLOWERS.....unless it's something for the yard.
    I don't like cut flowers. and I need chocolate like a....well you know.
    "if you need anything, please don't hesitate to ask someone else first" Kurt Cobain

[SIGPIC] http://phineas4cobain.tumblr.com/post/36392280360 [/SIGPIC]

Haha! Your mom taught you the "rule out everything else so they have to get you jewelry" approach just like mine did.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    - Hyacinth Bucket

that is correct. promise me everything, but get me gold and diamonds.
    "if you need anything, please don't hesitate to ask someone else first" Kurt Cobain

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Cowgirl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by LLC View Post
    I think I may be the only chick on planet Earth who detests Valentines Day. Lol. I never liked it. Don't buy me chocolates or lingerie. Give me cash. Lol
    I dislike Valentines Day too!

When I was much younger, I got broken up with once on Valentines Day. In a fancy restaurant. And had to pay for my own dinner.

Thanks for reminding me, lol.
    Attachment 45262
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    - Hyacinth Bucket

Wendy A. Guest
    I think it's an over-rated holiday. I can't stand the damn day actually. Me and mine are using the anniversary of our first date as our own private V-Day... it's two weeks after. Maybe I can catch some after V-Day sales!

NO valentines people here?
    we had lunch, found some NIRVANA collectibles (so that's my valentines gift. which is FINE)

Have a good VD everyone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    - Hyacinth Bucket

Not, for the night. As my signature indicates, I've had a recent loss of my brother and we were very close. We've decided to put Valentine's Day off for a while as nether one of us is in the mood, and we don't want to just because of the date on the calendar. Same goes for our wedding anniversary as it was January 15th.

We'll have celebrate later... maybe. Seems like we won't be celebrating anything for a while. I seriously didn't mean to hijack this thread and make it "all about me."

For those who are celebrating tonight, I hope you all have a fantastic night!
    In Loving Memory of Timothy Houdek, October 22, 1969 - January 8, 2013

My awesome dad: Harry Houdek, September 8, 1933 - November 20, 2013

Words can't convey how much I miss you both. RIP with love.

hugs, aviatrix.
    been there, done that.
    some years, just meh.

Nah, just buying up all the after holiday clearance stuff the next day.

Forever-27 Guest
    Valentines day is for people in love.

I don't love anybody so its just another day.

DonnaMc Guest

Valentines Day

Happy Valentines Day to all us is Hags!

Mammy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DonnaMc View Post
    Happy Valentines Day to all us is Hags!
    Right back atcha! My husband has to work tomorrow, so we are observing Valentine's Day on Saturday instead. I'm excited and can't wait!

And a Happy Valentine's Day to you two as well! We're both working tomorrow and saturday, so I don't know when (or if) we'll celebrate. Hopefully I'll be surprised when I get home!
    "I was 12 going on 13 the first time I saw a dead human being" --Stand by Me

Deathgoddess Guest
    I just finished up a little Valentine's day book for my husband, it is called "The story of us" and it had tons of pages where I filled in info about us. I am glad I have been working on it for weeks because we have been snowed in since Tuesday LOL. I think we will still be housebound tomorrow so I will probably make us a romantic dinner of whatever we have left!

Use the search please. Merging in 5,4,3,2...

I put together a special Valentines Day gift basket of scented lotions and oils for my left hand. I cant wait to see the crinkle in his palm when I give it to him.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.