Thread: 1964 Murders of 3 Policemen

1964 Murders of 3 Policemen

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	31.7 KB 
ID:	49454

When I was 8 years old, three Gwinnett County policemen were murdered by moonshiners and car thieves. Two of the policemen were taking a third one home because he was sick when they got a call to check out suspicious activity, which turned out to be a chop shop. The policemen arrived just as they were stripping a car down, and were murdered. One of the killers was a deputy sheriff.

Everybody in my hometown knew these cops and their killers. Matter fact one of the shooters lived in the third house above mine and I went to school with his son. I also went to school with another killers son. And I know or know of the victims' children.

http://donmcclellan.wordpress.com/20...f-the-murders/
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Wendy A. Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	31.7 KB 
ID:	49454

When I was 8 years old, three Gwinnett County policemen were murdered by moonshiners and car thieves. Two of the policemen were taking a third one home because he was sick when they got a call to check out suspicious activity, which turned out to be a chop shop. The policemen arrived just as they were stripping a car down, and were murdered. One of the killers was a deputy sheriff.

Everybody in my hometown knew these cops and their killers. Matter fact one of the shooters lived in the third house above mine and I went to school with his son. I also went to school with another killers son. And I know or know of the victims' children.

http://donmcclellan.wordpress.com/20...f-the-murders/
    That is a fascinating story, but can you give me some eye witness accounts of the civil war seein' how you were born in the 1850's? (I couldn't help myself!)

Omg. Name:  rofl.gif
Views: 97
Size:  11.1 KB
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Holy crap! 3 Police officers? This is my 1st time hearing of this, and it AMAZES me that no one got the death penalty for it!
    By my troth, I care not; a man can die but once; we owe God a death.... He that dies this year is quit for the next.
    --William Shakespeare!

Wow! That's fascinating!

Quote Originally Posted by Nessa View Post
    Wow! That's fascinating!
    Yep. I tried to to no avail to find out why their death sentences were commuted. I suspect it was due to capitol punishment being abolished.

I know the man who found them. He had pulled over on the side of the road and walked down to pee and there they were. His daughter told me that he never ever got over seeing his friends lying dead in that ditch.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    Yep. I tried to to no avail to find out why their death sentences were commuted. I suspect it was due to capitol punishment being abolished.

I know the man who found them. He had pulled over on the side of the road and walked down to pee and there they were. His daughter told me that he never ever got over seeing his friends lying dead in that ditch.
    OK, that makes more sense! I thought they were given sentences that didn't include the DP when they were initially adjudicated.
    By my troth, I care not; a man can die but once; we owe God a death.... He that dies this year is quit for the next.
    --William Shakespeare!