Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The strange case of teleka patrick

The strange case of teleka patrick

I live in Michigan and it has been befuddled by a missing persons case that has gotten national attention. Teleka Patrick, beautiful young doctor doing her first year residency at Borgess Hospital in Kalamazoo, Mi disappears 12/5/13. She was last seen at a local hotel trying to get a room. She was turned away. She had the cash but no ID. Teleka takes a hotel shuttle back to a parking garage where her car is at. She was noticeably agitated on the ride but apparently had her ID and phone in the car. She is believed to have driven her car to Portage, Indiana where it is found by the side of the road. Everything is left in the car but the car keys. A bloodhound tracked her scent to a nearby highway but no further.

The mystery was ramped up by the discovery a few days later of videos she posted on YouTube under the account name sandra3000cassie. One video shows her in her apartment where she is addressing a missing lover about the meal he/she is missing. On the dining room table is an elaborate breakfast for two and a vase of flowers. Teleka says this is the meal the two of them would have had if that person had been there. She takes to singing a song on the radio with radiant looks at the camera.

This all has started speculation that maybe she broke down under pressure or that she was involved with a married man. She is, still,at this point missing.

I drive her route almost every day. At first it was confusing, because some Borgess sites are in Portage, MI, which shares a border with Kalamazoo. Her car was found in Portage, IN. It got a little twisted.

That breakfast looks good.
    She done snapped.
    Sad.

Yep, she lost it.

I wonder if the guy called it off she snapped and then went somewhere and took her own life.

She definitely looks lost. I hope they find her and get her help.

um that 2nd video is disturbing...she made a whole thing of food for someone who wasnt there? and who's this video suppose to be to anyway? bizarre...

I'm not saying, I'm just saying.... What if he, whoever he is, broke up with her and she won't let him go? Stalkers do all kinds of bizarre stuff.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    I'm not saying, I'm just saying.... What if he, whoever he is, broke up with her and she won't let him go? Stalkers do all kinds of bizarre stuff.
    it could be so many things...what if he killed her? whomever 'he' is... is he made up completely and just a fantasy? I mean it could just be so many things how frustrating for her poor family... i know its just frustrating for me to go through all the scenerios of what could have happened I can just imagine what her family is thinking right now.

What if she killed him?

Quote Originally Posted by RiotBoots View Post
    What if she killed him?
    very possible too...although I have doubts about if he's even real.

Maybe someone took her to a hospital and she doesn't know who she is. I remember this happening to someone but it was years ago. It's hard to get info on a person in hospital custody. Maybe the police just aren't looking in the right place. She could've hitched a ride for hundreds of miles before someone decided to take her to a hospital. She's probably dead but the above is possible.
    I am the king of all things stupid!

This case has me so baffled. She was going to be a doctor, clearly she was smart. Those videos, however, tell me that she was not all there. Something was loose upstairs. I hope she is found alive.

She could've snapped from the stress. At her point she would be working incredibly long hours with minimal rest. It's very draining to keep your mind sharp for that many hours while having to maintain consistency in production. Pushing your body like this can cause vitamin deficiency for people that believe they are still maintaining physical health. Vitamin b deficiency can cause severe psychological issues or instabilities.
    I am the king of all things stupid!

Pryncis Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RiotBoots View Post
    What if she killed him?
    What if the food she cooked WAS him? I mean, I don't know if it's possible to make human meat look like "veggie bacon" but hey, she does have a few screws loose!
    Last edited by Pryncis; 01-01-2014 at 01:21 PM.

More youtube videos frome her:
    http://fox17online.com/2013/12/31/ne...#axzz2pBg5InV5
    She has a lovely singing voice.
    Wonder if this is a calculated attempt to get attention.
    Last edited by ichabodius; 01-01-2014 at 02:18 PM.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Quote Originally Posted by Pryncis View Post
    What if the food she cooked WAS him? I mean, I don't know if it's possible to make human meat look like "veggie bacon" but hey, she does have a few screws loose!
    Yeah, she's got a few loose if she made bacon out of him instead of sausage.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    More youtube videos frome her:
    http://fox17online.com/2013/12/31/ne...#axzz2pBg5InV5
    She has a lovely singing voice.
    Wonder if this is a calculated attempt to get attention.

Thanks for the additional videos. A few times in the videos, you could kind of see that she was tired and lonely. Maybe she built a fantasy world of having a supportive man in her life to alleviate the loneliness.

1/2/14-This case has gotten stranger and sadder. A gospel singer named Marvin Sapp who lives here in Michigan has accused Teleka of stalking him for some time. He filed a PPO re: her behavior last fall. According to him, she has sent him much unwanted communication, been to his house, contacted each of his 3 kids, and specifically moved here from Calif. to be closer to him. Also, her ex-husband came forward to say that when they were married, she started expressing paranoid thoughts.

This adds context to the videos but does not change the fact that she is still missing. Her mental illness issues makes her more vulnerable to dangerous people, so she needs to be found quick.
    Last edited by sierrarose; 01-02-2014 at 08:32 PM.

20. 01-02-2014, 08:21 PM
    Reason
    i am adding this to previous post

Quote Originally Posted by sierrarose View Post
    Thanks for the additional videos. A few times in the videos, you could kind of see that she was tired and lonely. Maybe she built a fantasy world of having a supportive man in her life to alleviate the loneliness.

1/2/14-This case has gotten stranger and sadder. A gospel singer named Marvin Sapp who lives here in Michigan has accused Teleka of stalking him for some time. He filed a PPO re: her behavior last fall. According to him, she has sent him much unwanted communication, been to his house, contacted each of his 3 kids, and specifically moved here from Calif. to be closer to him. Also, her ex-husband came forward to say that when they were married, she started expressing paranoid thoughts.

This adds context to the videos but does not change the fact that she is still missing. Her mental illness issues makes her more vulnerable to dangerous people, so she needs to be found quick.
    yep that adds the context needed to explain the videos for sure. so she wasnt allowed to send them directly to him because of the restraining order. How very weird that she just disappeared after that flat tire.

Well, whaddayaknow.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    I wonder if the guy called it off she snapped and then went somewhere and took her own life.
    That was my first thought, or that she "disappeared" in order to make him care about her.

yes, exactly.

Sadly, when I first read this story, and before the ex whom she stalked came forward, I called that she was stalkerish. I had not even seen the videos.

This won't end well, but it will be at her own hands.

I have a bad feeling on this one. She has been gone since Dec. 5th. The weather in Michigan has been freaking cold with more cold and snow coming this weekend. She had money on her when she tried to stay at the hotel but the police have not said whether the money was still in the car or not. She had to have been very disoriented to abandon her car. Where was she going anyway? Did she have a destination in Indiana or just passing through? If she had been picked up and hospitalized somewhere, certainly all this publicity would draw someone's attention. Hope for her family that she is found alive soon.

There has been more disturbing news re: Teleka Patrick. It has been reported that in late August, churchgoers were startled when Rev. Marvin Sapp spoke out in anger about an alleged stalker in his Sunday sermon. He mentioned being out of town recently and returning home to find that a strange woman had been to his house & met his kids. Shortly after that, he got a PPO against Teleka, mentioned much unwanted communication. Following this, reporters discovered many tweets from Teleka during this time period. She had deleted her Twitter account but the tweets showed up in some cached Twitter sites. Her tweets all sound like she is talking to some person who does not communicate directly to her. In one, she mentions that she loves him because she moved to a state she does not like (Michigan) with weather she does not like (Michigan) and went to a lesser program when she could have gotten into Harvard and other places with more prestige. It's a lot of interesting detail but still no clue as to where she is and if she is still alive.

There has been more disturbing news re: Teleka Patrick. It has been reported that in late August, churchgoers were startled when Rev. Marvin Sapp spoke out in anger about an alleged stalker in his Sunday sermon. He mentioned being out of town recently and returning home to find that a strange woman had been to his house & met his kids. Shortly after that, he got a PPO against Teleka, mentioned much unwanted communication. Following this, reporters discovered many tweets from Teleka during this time period. She had deleted her Twitter account but the tweets showed up in some cached Twitter sites. Her tweets all sound like she is talking to some person who does not communicate directly to her. In one, she mentions that she loves him because she moved to a state she does not like (Michigan) with weather she does not like (Michigan) and went to a lesser program when she could have gotten into Harvard and other places with more prestige. It's a lot of interesting detail but still no clue as to where she is and if she is still alive.
    I wonder if they suspect him at all?

lisalouver Guest
    What a mess...

Quote Originally Posted by lisalouver View Post
    What a mess...
    I was hoping there was an update about this since it popped up to the top. I'm fascinated with this story for some reason...hope they find her alive or dead I hope they find her.

Seagorath Guest
    People should never get emotionally involved with people, use them...and then turn their back on them.

Bad things normally happen. Bad things will happen. People have pride. Going on Youtube is a good way to lose all your pride though.

http://www.freep.com/article/2014012...-investigation

the investigators are gonna give us an update on the case Wed...wonder what they'd have to update?

also saw this in relation to her case an article about a site where they research this stuff...some of the people on this board are either members or SHOULD be lol

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/...as_amateu.html

Quote Originally Posted by Gabby View Post
    http://www.freep.com/article/2014012...-investigation

the investigators are gonna give us an update on the case Wed...wonder what they'd have to update?

also saw this in relation to her case an article about a site where they research this stuff...some of the people on this board are either members or SHOULD be lol

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/...as_amateu.html
    Thanks for the update. It must be horrifying for her parents, not knowing if she is dead or alive.

I'll be following this case. Very strange indeed. I hope she's somewhere getting help and maybe the family doesn't ant that info realised (given HIPAA and all). But I'd think LE would want people to know she's receiving treatment.

This sort of has vibes of Mara Murray (?).
    In Loving Memory of Timothy Houdek, October 22, 1969 - January 8, 2013

My awesome dad: Harry Houdek, September 8, 1933 - November 20, 2013

Words can't convey how much I miss you both. RIP with love.

lisalouver Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviatrix View Post
    I'll be following this case. Very strange indeed. I hope she's somewhere getting help and maybe the family doesn't ant that info realised (given HIPAA and all). But I'd think LE would want people to know she's receiving treatment.

This sort of has vibes of Mara Murray (?).
    Keep us posted, please.

I am very much interested in the outcome..

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/...onference.html

ok so at that link someone named Rex did a recap of what the interview consisted of...

high points are that it took them ten minutes from the time her car was reported to be on the side of the road till they got to the car. only thing off was her flat tire nothing suspicious of note in the car (if she was picked up by someone I wouldnt expect there to be)
    there has been no activity in her bank account.

It's noon here, I'm pretty sure that moat of MI is in the EST zone, so the press conference was about three hours ago and I'm sure that the local papers would be all over this by now. Did I miss something? Doesn't seem like there was really any,new breaks in the case. The only matter of true relevance was that her bank accounts haven't been touched. Unless she took out a huge sum before she left (she did try to stay at the Radisson with cash in hand), this really doesn't bode well for her safe return. Besides, withdrawing a large sum of cash would be a tip off to LE that she left on her own free will.

Just a matter of opinion, I don't think she had a truly sensational voice - my dog honestly howled while I was listening to it My dog's singing taste aside, in those youtube vids, she seems to sing at the drop of a hat. Like she communicating to the pastor in MI that she too has a very beautiful voice and that they could make beautiful music together, so to speak.

No real new info in the press conference... this just doesn't look good.

In my previous post I meant Maura Murray, not "Mara".
    In Loving Memory of Timothy Houdek, October 22, 1969 - January 8, 2013

My awesome dad: Harry Houdek, September 8, 1933 - November 20, 2013

Words can't convey how much I miss you both. RIP with love.

Quote Originally Posted by Aviatrix View Post
    It's noon here, I'm pretty sure that moat of MI is in the EST zone, so the press conference was about three hours ago and I'm sure that the local papers would be all over this by now. Did I miss something? Doesn't seem like there was really any,new breaks in the case. The only matter of true relevance was that her bank accounts haven't been touched. Unless she took out a huge sum before she left (she did try to stay at the Radisson with cash in hand), this really doesn't bode well for her safe return. Besides, withdrawing a large sum of cash would be a tip off to LE that she left on her own free will.

Just a matter of opinion, I don't think she had a truly sensational voice - my dog honestly howled while I was listening to it My dog's singing taste aside, in those youtube vids, she seems to sing at the drop of a hat. Like she communicating to the pastor in MI that she too has a very beautiful voice and that they could make beautiful music together, so to speak.

No real new info in the press conference... this just doesn't look good.

In my previous post I meant Maura Murray, not "Mara".
    yeah I didnt learn anything except "she disappeared off the face of the earth we're hoping she's hiding but we have no idea where she's at or what happened to her we're hoping some truck driver saw something"

Quote Originally Posted by Gabby View Post
    yeah I didnt learn anything except "she disappeared off the face of the earth we're hoping she's hiding but we have no idea where she's at or what happened to her we're hoping some truck driver saw something"
    The press conference was a disappointment. It also seemed more to clear Rev. Marvin Sapp of being any type of suspect in the case. (Hey, if he's not involved in the disappearance, i don't blame him for wanting his name cleared). It worries me that the police seemed to be saying "she's a delusional stalker, what do you want from us?" She could be deceased due to the cold weather. She could have been picked up by someone and kidnapped like the Ohio girls were. Her mental condition might have caused her to make the bad choice of accepting a ride from someone after she had the flat tire. Ten minutes does not seem like a lot of time for her to go that far on foot that she would not see the red lights from the police car or hear the police get out of their cars. The only thing I can think of is that if she were experiencing paranoia, she might have hid herself from the police.

This case recalls unfortunately the Paige Renkowski case of years ago in that a woman travelling alone in southern Michigan suddenly vanished leaving her car by the side of a road. (I think there is a thread about this). In the intervening years, family members passed without knowing or getting a resolution. I hope this is not a repeat of that case.

The press conference was a disappointment. It also seemed more to clear Rev. Marvin Sapp of being any type of suspect in the case. (Hey, if he's not involved in the disappearance, i don't blame him for wanting his name cleared). It worries me that the police seemed to be saying "she's a delusional stalker, what do you want from us?" She could be deceased due to the cold weather. She could have been picked up by someone and kidnapped like the Ohio girls were. Her mental condition might have caused her to make the bad choice of accepting a ride from someone after she had the flat tire. Ten minutes does not seem like a lot of time for her to go that far on foot that she would not see the red lights from the police car or hear the police get out of their cars. The only thing I can think of is that if she were experiencing paranoia, she might have hid herself from the police.

This case recalls unfortunately the Paige Renkowski case of years ago in that a woman travelling alone in southern Michigan suddenly vanished leaving her car by the side of a road. (I think there is a thread about this). In the intervening years, family members passed without knowing or getting a resolution. I hope this is not a repeat of that case.
    it's been awhile I would think if this was delusional/paranoid behavior and she was hiding she might have been seen or heard from by now. I dont know, it's not looking good though :\

This is not good news but they think they might have found Teleka. A fisherman in a nearby lake found a body floating there Sunday April 6 in the AM. The body has been removed from Lake Charles, Indiana very close to where Teleka's car was found on I-94. They had searched this Lake in January but did not find anything at that time. Teleka's family has been notified and they are waiting for a formal identification but the press seems to be all but calling it a discovery of her body. Teleka disappeared from Kalamazoo, Mi in early December. Her disappearance first caught attention because she was a local doctor and she showed up at a local hotel shortly before disappearing. Then there were videos of her on YouTube making dinner for and talking to someone who was not there with her. It was discovered later that she had been accused of stalking by a Michigan reverend. Sad and tragic.

This is not good news but they think they might have found Teleka. A fisherman in a nearby lake found a body floating there Sunday April 6 in the AM. The body has been removed from Lake Charles, Indiana very close to where Teleka's car was found on I-94. They had searched this Lake in January but did not find anything at that time. Teleka's family has been notified and they are waiting for a formal identification but the press seems to be all but calling it a discovery of her body. Teleka disappeared from Kalamazoo, Mi in early December. Her disappearance first caught attention because she was a local doctor and she showed up at a local hotel shortly before disappearing. Then there were videos of her on YouTube making dinner for and talking to someone who was not there with her. It was discovered later that she had been accused of stalking by a Michigan reverend. Sad and tragic.
    I hate to say it but I hope it's her at least her family would have some closure about what happened to her. I know she was acting in an strange way before she disappeared but I cant help but feel maybe theres more to this case than she committed suicide.

weirdgurl Guest
    I was just thinking about her yesterday and wondering if there had been any news. The whole thing seemed very sad to me.

Seagorath Guest
    This woman was fuckin' nuts. I'm shocked she was even able to perform in medicine. Another broken human bites the dust...

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.1748155

The sad part is, she was a psychiatric resident. I hope she didn't teach any of her patients her stalking skills. It sounds to me like a suicide, in order to get attention from Rev. Sapp. Sad.

Seagorath Guest
    Nobody is blaming Reverend Sapp. For one, he was married and had no business getting involved with Teleka...perhaps misleading her feelings. Married people need to be careful.

You know, the comments on her YouTube videos and news stories featuring her always went: "She's got the voice of an angel!" "Wow, beauty and brains, awesome!" and "Wow, look at that breakfast!" (Okay I made up that last one... )

So I guess it's just me, but honest to God when I watched that video.... Well I'd forgotten why I had it cued up to watch. So when I saw it (the breakfast one) I thought little of it; a bit perky for my tastes but so are most. And then I realized she was pretty much talking to nobody.

And that just creeped me out. I can look at carnage and caskets all day long and sleep just fine, but creepy things bother me a lot. And that was creepy as hell to me.

(Also: "Carnage and Caskets"... an excellent name for a band!)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul! (Invictus)
    (And Timothy McVeigh's last words...)

Quote Originally Posted by Seagorath View Post
    This woman was fuckin' nuts. I'm shocked she was even able to perform in medicine. Another broken human bites the dust...

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.1748155
    good thing they specified that a "body of a female woman" was found.
    brilliant.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

She looks lonely. Not necessarily sad, she looked tired in the "final" video. Maybe she was getting ready to post a profile in a dating website, and uploaded those videos for use. Her singing videos seemed heartfelt and hopeful, not like someone who was shot down.

It is sadly official now. Various media have reported that the woman pulled out of Lake Charles, Indiana is indeed Teleka Patrick. There is also a finding of cause of death which is drowning. I have tried to locate on maps what the distance is between Lake Charles and the spot where Teleka's car was found, but though the two are close by, I can't get a take on how long it would have taken Teleka to walk from her car to the lake (if that's what happened). I don't know what evidence is available when a body may have been in ice cold water for a possible four months.

I'm glad she was found for her families sake.

The breakfast video was creepy.

Although not the outcome anybody hoped for, I too am glad that her body was found for the sake of her family and friends. Of note, my parents are from Kalamazoo. Many relatives worked at the same hospital (Borgess) that Dr. Patrick did. My grandmother lived on Gull Road, near the hospital.
    Prayers for peace and comfort for the family
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]