Thread: Linda Taylor - Ronald Reagan's "Welfare Queen"

Linda Taylor - Ronald Reagan's "Welfare Queen"

Trust me - welfare fraud was the least of her crimes. One of the most riveting stories I've read in a long time.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_a...n_villain.html

VCNJ~
    Professional Thread-Killer

Great read......this woman was a pro all right. She should have spent 30 years in prison.
    To my Father. Even though you have crossed the plane, you will always be with me.
    You were not just my Father, but my hero. My life has been a poor attempt to be like you
    You taught me music, vocals, and how to fight. I can only hope I am half the man you are
    When I close my eyes I can see you. And finally, Thank you Dad. for everything.
    March 1934-July 2016

Incredible find.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

Mammy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by VeuveClicquotNJ View Post
    Trust me - welfare fraud was the least of her crimes. One of the most riveting stories I've read in a long time.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_a...n_villain.html

VCNJ~
    I remember President Reagan referring to a "Welfare Queen" but never knew any of the back story. That was very interesting to read, thank you for sharing!

Thanks for sharing this! Very interesting.

weirdgurl Guest
    Wow thank you. That was great!

endsleigh03 Guest
    Great find and a fascinating read.

Wow. To think she never got caught. Who knows what the real truth is. She sounds like a habitual liar with borderline personality disorder.
    "Tequila may not be the answer, but it's worth a shot."

"I just go here!"

"I am not psychic. I AM psychotic. BIG difference."

Great story!

Years ago I was attending night school for a word processing and spreadsheet course. After a few weeks I was chatting to the guy sitting next to me, and I found out he was in fact on evening release from the nearby minimum security prison. He had been busted for welfare fraud. He had multiple identities and had welfare cheques delivered to lots of post office boxes all over town. He had aquired a nice house and drove a Porsche. Eventually they caught up with him and he ended up in the can. He was nearing the end of his sentence when I met him.

I had to ask him the obvious question, why? He said it started as a lark, and as the money rolled in from two aliases, he expanded the operation. I asked him why he never stopped and he said that when you saw the amount of money coming in each month, thousands and thousands, he couldn't get himself to stop. He said he knew he would get caught eventually, but he couldn't just stop. The weird thing is, that whilst doing the scam, he had built up a nice little business doing DJ work, and had a few blokes working for him, but the money didn't compare with the scam. The guy had an affinity for business but didn't know it until he used the scam money to start the DJ business.

He is long out of prison now and I get the sneaking suspicion he would be doing fine right now, legitimately.
    Last edited by neilmpenny; 12-22-2013 at 08:25 AM.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Queena Guest
    Very good read. I always thought she was Black.

Very interesting article...

aLiLdirt Guest
    Read this last night. SO good. Thx for posting, Veuve

This woman not only destroyed lives with which she came into direct contact, her legend made things more difficult for people in legitimate need. I'd say roast in hell, Martha/Linda/Constance/etc., but if there IS an afterlife and one retains ANY of his/her personality on the "other side", then no doubt, this woman talked her way into "the better side."

And as for that late-life "fetching naughty nightie" photo--- break out the eye-bleach !!!!!

Seagorath Guest
    There have been some recent cases of welfare abuse...I read where one couple was making 6 figures a year by manipulating the system...but they got busted.

I have this book. Should be a great read.

https://www.amazon.com/Queen-Forgott...s=books&sr=1-1

I read the book last year, incredible story. I read recently HBO wants to do a mini series on it.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

Richard Nixon+ Ronald Reagan= Donald Trump.
    They have been a party of racists for years.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by theotherlondon View Post
    Richard Nixon+ Ronald Reagan= Donald Trump.
    They have been a party of racists for years.
    I don't think Ronnie and Dick liked each other that way.

Nobody compares to Old Yeller for racism, sneakery, lying, sexism, etc.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    Nobody compares to Old Yeller for racism, sneakery, lying, sexism, etc.
    Not all rolled into one they don't.

Individually, Hitler was close, so was PT Barnum and some others; but only in terms of the one or two trait(s) they were each known for.
    Darth Donald is the whole regrettable package. He's got pretty much every base, objectionable, deplorable and despicable characteristic that a human being can embody.
    I think he's the first and only to possess them all.
    He's like a human mosquito.

What's more and worse, diseased; unhealthy thoughts can spread to others just like a virus; as we so sadly see all around us.

Just finished reading The Queen by Josh Levin. What a terrible woman. A life full of lawsuits, scams, aliases, false reports, kidnappings and maybe murder in three cases. This absolutely nothing good to say about this woman. She may have been both psychotic and psychopathic. She didn't care for no one even her own kids and people were to be used and exploited. The amazing t thing about this woman is that no one had actually killed her as she had more than enough enemies.

Also amazing is that she only spent two years in prison in total for defrauding the Illnois welfare system for over $7000.00. The one weakness of the book is that amount of money that she defrauding various agencies is never determined. Every level of government was a victim to her fraudulent schemes. She was an expert at playing the system - fake kids, various names, different addresses, different ages and so on. Nothing and no one was off limits for this woman.

She may have killed three people - one husband and two women who she had wormed into their lives and ended up being the beneficiary to their estate and insurance policies. She was never investigated for murder.

She also had a great ability to change her race - with a wig and some makeup people would describe here as black, white, Hispanic and Asian. She was in reality the product of a white mother and a black father born in 1926 in Tennessee. She was also attractive which didn't hurt her in many of her schemes especially with men.

A terrible woman who scammed to the end - the information on her death certificate was all incorrect.
    Last edited by cash; 01-12-2020 at 02:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Queena View Post
    Very good read. I always thought she was Black.
    Question: would you be as outraged if she was white?

London, I would be just as upset, it doesn't matter the color of a person's skin. If you do all that she did, that is not right.

A criminal is a criminal , regardless of skin color.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    London, I would be just as upset, it doesn't matter the color of a person's skin. If you do all that she did, that is not right.
    Ok thank you.