Thread: Nelson Mandela

Nelson Mandela

...has died at the age of 95.

Oops, we both started a thread at the same time. Merge, maybe?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

From my rotting body, flowers shall grow and I am in them and that is eternity. ~Edvard Munch

bummer. he was a great man.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	diana.jpeg 
Views:	53 
Size:	11.7 KB 
ID:	49158
    "if you need anything, please don't hesitate to ask someone else first" Kurt Cobain

[SIGPIC] http://phineas4cobain.tumblr.com/post/36392280360 [/SIGPIC]

TrueBlueAngel Guest
    RIP to one of the world's greatest men who never gave up on the hope of peace and freedom......Nelson Mandela
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mandela-_2523040b.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	63.4 KB 
ID:	49159

Rest in peace good sir

Katrinawitch Guest
    So sad. He lived to a good, old age, but it's horrifying to think that a lot of that life was in captivity.

He hit a pretty ripe age for the road he had to travel.
    Last edited by cleanskull; 12-05-2013 at 02:29 PM.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

May he rest in peace.

Now the battle between family members will start over where he will be buried. I'm afraid it will be a bit before he truly will get to rest in peace.

We kind of knew it was coming.
    A true great man has died.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

I have heard great and horrible things. Tried to research him a few times and it's always either one extreme or the other, like Mother Teresa.

jjropes23 Guest
    He was an amazing person, he deserves peace after fighting so hard for so long. He will be missed and remembered forever, more than many can say. True respect to him...

Sad - but it's not like he was 40. 95 seems like a pretty good run; unless of course you happen to be 94. There has to come a point at which you are ready to die. RIP, sir.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

Quote Originally Posted by jjropes23 View Post
    He was an amazing person, he deserves peace after fighting so hard for so long. He will be missed and remembered forever, more than many can say. True respect to him...
    I so agree, and what a nice thing to say. and true respect to him.
    Last edited by theotherlondon; 12-05-2013 at 04:54 PM.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

RIP. He was a true hero. Big loss.

I felt sad when I heard about his death but at least he was not cut down by an assassin's bullet and he got to live a long life. He showed the same tenacity toward death that he had in that prison cell for so many years.

He did more in his 95 years than someone of 40, He was a true hero, Rest well Sir.

95 seems like a good age to go, but not when you consider he spent 27 long years caged.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

From my rotting body, flowers shall grow and I am in them and that is eternity. ~Edvard Munch

RIP nice man who did so much for so many.

Now maybe he will get some peace and quiet from those parasites that have been trying to feed off of him these past few years. R.I.P.
    Last edited by neilmpenny; 12-07-2013 at 12:23 PM.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Wendy A. Guest
    RIP Sir. Me and my kids watched the same news reports on his death. They gave his age. My 12 yr old son, turns to me and asked how he died... really? I told him he wrecked his Harley... Both 12 yr old & 18 yr bit at that one. Then I had to explain sarcasm to them and that I was JOKING... the man was 95 for the love of God!

1karenhb Guest
    He is one of the few political leaders in the world I would have liked to meet. I truly hope his legacy lives on. RIP Mr. Mandela. Makes me sad and angry how his family fights over everything regarding him. He would not want this.

Ted Challinor Guest
    Who else could of stopped the civil war powderkeg going to go off in South Africa before the end of Apartheid and afterwards? What a man. His walking out in a Springbok shirt to present the Rugby World Cup was also one of the sporting moments of the 20th century. A nation returned from exile.
    How we need his style of forgiveness in the Middle East , Northern Ireland/Ireland and all the other places of violence around the globe.

Hopefully Jacob Zuma gets the message and cleans up his act.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What next??

Nelson Mandela ceremony sign language interpreter a 'fake'

Head of South Africa's deaf federation says 'no meaning' to hand gestures of man next to world leaders

The sign-language interpreter on stage at Nelson Mandela's globally broadcast memorial service was a faker who was just waving his arms around meaninglessly, advocates for the deaf said Wednesday. The unidentified man seen around the world on television next to leaders including United States President Barack Obama "was moving his hands around but there was no meaning in what he used his hands for," Bruno Druchen, the federation's national director, told The Associated Press.
    The allegation was yet another example of bad organization at the historic memorial service Tuesday, which was marred by public transportation breakdowns that hindered mourners from getting to the soccer stadium venue. In addition a faulty audio system made the remarks of world leaders inaudible for many. Police also failed to search the first wave of crowds who rushed inside the stadium after authorities opened the gates just after dawn.
    'Only he can understand those gestures.'- Nicole Du Toit, an official sign language interpreter
    Collins Chabane, one of South Africa's two presidency ministers, said the government is investigating the matter but has not finished yet because it has been overwhelmed with work organizing public viewing of Mandela's body in the South African capital of Pretoria and his funeral Sunday in his hometown of Qunu. He added the "government will report publicly on any information it may establish."
    Four sign language experts, including Druchen, said the man was not signing in South African or American sign languages and could not have been signing in any other known sign language because there was no structure to his arm and hand movements. South African sign language covers all of the country's 11 official languages, according to the federation.
    The man, shown at Tuesday's memorial, also did sign interpretation at an event last year that was attended by South African President Jacob Zuma, (Matt Dunham/Associated Press)

Ingrid Parkin, principal of the St. Vincent School for the Deaf in Johannesburg, said she's received complaints from the deaf community from Canada to China about the man on stage and that his movements look "like he's signing gibberish." He also used no facial expression to convey the emotions of the leaders, a key element of sign language interpretation.
    "This man himself knows he cannot sign and he had the guts to stand on an international stage and do that," Parkin said.
    Nicole Du Toit, an official sign language interpreter who also watched the broadcast, said in a telephone interview that the man on stage purporting to sign was an embarrassment.
    "It was horrible, an absolute circus, really, really bad," she said. "Only he can understand those gestures."
    The man also did sign interpretation at an event last year that was attended by South African President Jacob Zuma, Druchen said. At that appearance, a deaf person in the audience videotaped the event and gave it to the federation for the deaf, which analyzed the video, prepared a report about it and a submitted a formal complaint to the ANC, Druchen said.
    In their complaint, the federation suggested that the man should take the five years of training needed to become a qualified sign language interpreter in South Africa. But the ANC never responded, Druchen said.
    Druchen said a fresh complaint will be filed to the ANC about the interpreter he called a "fake" with a demand for an urgent meeting.
    "We want to make a statement that this is a warning to other sign language interpreters who are fake and go about interpreting," Druchen said. "I am hoping the South African government will take notice of this."
    Bogus sign language interpreters are a problem in South Africa, because people who know a few signs try to pass themselves off as interpreters, said Parkin, the principal of the school for the deaf. And those hiring them usually don't sign, so they have no idea that the people they are hiring cannot do the job, she said.
    "They advertise themselves as interpreters because they know 10 signs and they can make some quick money," said Parkin. "It is plain and simple abuse of the deaf community, they are taking advantage of the deaf community to make money."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/nelson-...fake-1.2459469
    Regards,
    Tamie
    When you are dead, you don't know you are dead. It is difficult only for the others. It is the same when you are stupid.

Elixson Guest
    Mandela a nice man? A great man? Think again:

Shortly after Mandela's death, the South African Communist Party and the African National Congress both released official statements acknowledging what was already well-known among experts that Mandela was indeed a Communist Party leader who served on the Soviet-backed organization??s Central Committee. According to the statement, not only was the confessed terror leader a senior official on the South African Communist Party??s highest decision-making body, he was actually close to the outfit until his death.

The now-irrefutable fact that Mandela played a key role in the ruthless international communist movement can not be ignored. It has now been officially admitted remains crucial to understanding Mandela and his real legacy.

Conservative estimates suggest that in the last century alone, communist regimes ?? virtually all of which Mandela supported and was supported by -- 100 million murders. The numbers are probably much higher. Mandela??s own admitted terror campaign, including the infamous 1983 Church Street bombing, which killed 19 and wounded over 200, claimed many lives, too. He pled guilty to over 150 acts of public violence.

Mandela was repeatedly offered the opportunity to walk out of jail if he would just renounce violence, which he consistently refused to do.

British historian Stephen Ellis also exposed Mandela??s denials of Communist Party membership as a fraud. He also discovered that Mandela participated in ANC "blood rituals" that included the kidnapping and murder of white children and the eating of their hearts.

He was still on the USA terrorist list as late as 2008.

Before you call him a great and good man, know the facts.

http://thenewamerican.com/world-news...eadership-role

Damn commies. Next thing you know they will be invading Cuba.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by neilmpenny View Post
    Or North Korea. They are fast.

Quote Originally Posted by findadeathaddict View Post
    Or North Korea. They are fast.
    And very very sneaky.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

And very very sneaky.
    I agree. The Cuban Missile Crisis is as sneaky as it comes. Missiles just miles from the American shore. They operate in stealth mode. Like ninjas.

Bidmor Guest
    Las Vegas Guardian Express claims Mandela was declared brain dead on June 11 2013. Supposedly Mandela was artificially kept alive in order for some of his family to continue with their lawsuit against him over his estate, and that the funeral was planned a year ago.

One reader comment states that in SA "this is not news to us".

http://guardianlv.com/2013/12/nelson-mandela-family-finally-gives-up-charade-and-admits-mandela-dead/

http://guardianlv.com/2013/12/nelson...e-we-thinking/
    Last edited by Bidmor; 12-12-2013 at 03:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tamiele View Post
    What next??

Nelson Mandela ceremony sign language interpreter a 'fake'

Head of South Africa's deaf federation says 'no meaning' to hand gestures of man next to world leaders

The sign-language interpreter on stage at Nelson Mandela's globally broadcast memorial service was a faker who was just waving his arms around meaninglessly, advocates for the deaf said Wednesday. The unidentified man seen around the world on television next to leaders including United States President Barack Obama "was moving his hands around but there was no meaning in what he used his hands for," Bruno Druchen, the federation's national director, told The Associated Press.
    The allegation was yet another example of bad organization at the historic memorial service Tuesday, which was marred by public transportation breakdowns that hindered mourners from getting to the soccer stadium venue. In addition a faulty audio system made the remarks of world leaders inaudible for many. Police also failed to search the first wave of crowds who rushed inside the stadium after authorities opened the gates just after dawn.
    'Only he can understand those gestures.'- Nicole Du Toit, an official sign language interpreter
    Collins Chabane, one of South Africa's two presidency ministers, said the government is investigating the matter but has not finished yet because it has been overwhelmed with work organizing public viewing of Mandela's body in the South African capital of Pretoria and his funeral Sunday in his hometown of Qunu. He added the "government will report publicly on any information it may establish."
    Four sign language experts, including Druchen, said the man was not signing in South African or American sign languages and could not have been signing in any other known sign language because there was no structure to his arm and hand movements. South African sign language covers all of the country's 11 official languages, according to the federation.
    The man, shown at Tuesday's memorial, also did sign interpretation at an event last year that was attended by South African President Jacob Zuma, (Matt Dunham/Associated Press)

Ingrid Parkin, principal of the St. Vincent School for the Deaf in Johannesburg, said she's received complaints from the deaf community from Canada to China about the man on stage and that his movements look "like he's signing gibberish." He also used no facial expression to convey the emotions of the leaders, a key element of sign language interpretation.
    "This man himself knows he cannot sign and he had the guts to stand on an international stage and do that," Parkin said.
    Nicole Du Toit, an official sign language interpreter who also watched the broadcast, said in a telephone interview that the man on stage purporting to sign was an embarrassment.
    "It was horrible, an absolute circus, really, really bad," she said. "Only he can understand those gestures."
    The man also did sign interpretation at an event last year that was attended by South African President Jacob Zuma, Druchen said. At that appearance, a deaf person in the audience videotaped the event and gave it to the federation for the deaf, which analyzed the video, prepared a report about it and a submitted a formal complaint to the ANC, Druchen said.
    In their complaint, the federation suggested that the man should take the five years of training needed to become a qualified sign language interpreter in South Africa. But the ANC never responded, Druchen said.
    Druchen said a fresh complaint will be filed to the ANC about the interpreter he called a "fake" with a demand for an urgent meeting.
    "We want to make a statement that this is a warning to other sign language interpreters who are fake and go about interpreting," Druchen said. "I am hoping the South African government will take notice of this."
    Bogus sign language interpreters are a problem in South Africa, because people who know a few signs try to pass themselves off as interpreters, said Parkin, the principal of the school for the deaf. And those hiring them usually don't sign, so they have no idea that the people they are hiring cannot do the job, she said.
    "They advertise themselves as interpreters because they know 10 signs and they can make some quick money," said Parkin. "It is plain and simple abuse of the deaf community, they are taking advantage of the deaf community to make money."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/nelson-...fake-1.2459469
    I am fascinated over how this could have happened. The "interpreter" has just claimed he is Schizophrenic and was having an episode during the service. How embarrassing, especially since he was in such close proximity to world leaders and other VIPs.

Quote Originally Posted by Bidmor View Post
    Las Vegas Guardian Express claims Mandela was declared brain dead on June 11 2013. Supposedly Mandela was artificially kept alive in order for some of his family to continue with their lawsuit against him over his estate, and that the funeral was planned a year ago.

One reader comment states that in SA "this is not news to us".

http://guardianlv.com/2013/12/nelson-mandela-family-finally-gives-up-charade-and-admits-mandela-dead/

http://guardianlv.com/2013/12/nelson...e-we-thinking/
    This is amazing too, yet I'm not entirely surprised. I wonder if this will become common knowledge, as this is the first I've heard of it. How sad for him, In prison for 27 years, then in the prison of his own body for six months before he dies.
    Any day above ground is a good day.

The Castro's would never allow that.

The Commies don't take kindly to other ideals; and the Castro's don't take kindly to people who don't take kindly.

O.K. - I stole and paraphrased that remark from South Park; but is there really a reason not to have some sort of normal relations with the Cubans?

I'm just asking because I don't know; and because I like their cigars.

What is the significance of Obama shaking the hand of Castro at the funeral; if any?

Was it a sign that he is at heart a Communist (I don't think so) or a sign that the time has come to normalize relations with Cuba (I think so).

I don't know the truth of Mandela's soul; but throughout history great men have been called (and rightly so) terrorists because they undertook actions that could not be ignored when more benign actions were simply ignored or met with violence and oppression from the other side. They took those actions until they had a seat at the table and a voice in the government. Terrorists become Statesmen when they fight long enough and hard enough to have their voices heard.

We here undertook that action in 1773; I'm sure that George Washington was the Osama Bin Laden or Nelson Mandela or Menachem Begin of his day and age.

It's a terrible business; claiming human rights and a voice equal among those who rule you.

All investment is at risk; so to say.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

Quote Originally Posted by geekygirl View Post
    I am fascinated over how this could have happened. The "interpreter" has just claimed he is Schizophrenic and was having an episode during the service. How embarrassing, especially since he was in such close proximity to world leaders and other VIPs.
    Hubby was telling me that this dude had also killed someone at one time.
    Regards,
    Tamie
    When you are dead, you don't know you are dead. It is difficult only for the others. It is the same when you are stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Elixson View Post
    Mandela??s own admitted terror campaign, including the infamous 1983 Church Street bombing, which killed 19 and wounded over 200, claimed many lives, too.
    The Church Street bombing targeted SAAF headquarters, which was a legitimate military target, and the ANC had no means other than bombings by which to strike back against the apartheid government's military forces.

The bombing was authorized by the ANC President, Oliver Tambo, not Mandela. (At the time, the latter was serving a life sentence in a high-security prison.)

Quote Originally Posted by Maxster View Post
    The Church Street bombing targeted SAAF headquarters, which was a legitimate military target, and the ANC had no means other than bombings by which to strike back against the apartheid government's military forces.

The bombing was authorized by the ANC President, Oliver Tambo, not Mandela. (At the time, the latter was serving a life sentence in a high-security prison.)
    I was going to bring that up, but then I thought that would only fan the flame, so I took another route.

However he was no saint;

Now, go back in the archives, to Mandela's 1964 trial on charges of sabotage and treason.

''We were placed in a position in which we had either to accept a permanent state of inferiority, or to defy the government,'' he told the court. ''We chose to defy the government. We first broke the law in a way which avoided any recourse to violence; when this form was legislated against, and when the government resorted to a show of force to crush opposition to its policies, only then did we decide to answer violence with violence.''
    Last edited by neilmpenny; 12-14-2013 at 04:53 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mandela's freedom fighter days not part of 'saintly' image.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Maceda
    As Anthony Sampson pointed out in his book, ??Mandela, The Authorized Biography,? it was prison life that prepared the hot-tempered militant for his eventual path to peace.

??Constantly up against other prisoners, he became more sensitive to other people??s insecurities and resentments,? Sampson wrote. ??He seemed much less arrogant, no longer the chiefly autocrat, but the flexible democrat who could listen and take note?.Trying to find common ground in the context of the nation.????

RIP forever Mr. Mandela...he will always be loved, admired, and very missed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Here one day, Gone one night, Gone too soon...
    Missing you forever...

Enoch Powell Guest

Going by this logic the Al-Qaeda attack on the Pentagon was also an attack on a "legitimate target," right? Do you agree with Al-Qaeda crashing a hijacked plane into the Pentagon?

Also, your facts are wrong (or false). Most of those killed or wounded in the Church Street bombing were civilians and Mandela admitted being part of the command decision that okayed the attack.

In fact, most of the ANC’s white victims were civilians. Hundreds of blacks accused of collaboration with the government were “necklaced” (burned to death by having gasoline-filled tires put around their necks). Mandela endorsed all of that and never expressed any remorse.

Also, did you know that whites -- the Boers -- have been in South Africa longer than blacks? The Boers ancestors came to the Cape from Flanders in the 1600’s, the two major tribes in South Africa, the Xhosa and Zulu (Mandela was a hereditary prince of the Xhosa people), emigrated from central Africa when the Zulu wiped out other local tribes in the notorious Mfakane massacres. So whose country was it really?

Those commies are sneaky, they killed at least 100 million people in the 20th century and many of you are unaware of it. Sneaky indeed!

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Powell View Post
    Going by this logic the Al-Qaeda attack on the Pentagon was also an attack on a "legitimate target," right? Do you agree with Al-Qaeda crashing a hijacked plane into the Pentagon?
    Al Qaeda is a terror group, not a legitimate liberation movement. And hijacking a civilian aircraft and sacrificing its passengers in an attack is a far cry from detonating a car bomb.

Also, your facts are wrong (or false). Most of those killed or wounded in the Church Street bombing were civilians and Mandela admitted being part of the command decision that okayed the attack.
    Oliver Tambo was the President of the ANC until Nelson Mandela was released from prison. The Truth and Reconciliation Commission adjudged the bombing as a military action and granted amnesty.

Also, did you know that whites -- the Boers -- have been in South Africa longer than blacks? The Boers ancestors came to the Cape from Flanders in the 1600??s, the two major tribes in South Africa, the Xhosa and Zulu (Mandela was a hereditary prince of the Xhosa people), emigrated from central Africa when the Zulu wiped out other local tribes in the notorious Mfakane massacres. So whose country was it really?
    I knew South Africa was empty (apart from a few bushmen) at the time of settlement, but by the 20th century, blacks were the majority and denying them fundamental rights, including citizenship, was unconscionable, and given their numbers, a futile dream.

Enoch Powell Guest
    Al Qaeda is a terror group, not a legitimate liberation movement. And hijacking a civilian aircraft and sacrificing its passengers in an attack is a far cry from detonating a car bomb.
    Who says Al-Qaeda is not legit? By what standard is that measured? The ANC was also a terrorist group because they used terror tactics. How do you parse the legitimacy of a hijacked plane verses a car bomb? Again, by the standards you set above for the ANC, you legitimize Al-Qaeda targeting the Pentagon.

Oliver Tambo was the President of the ANC until Nelson Mandela was released from prison. The Truth and Reconciliation Commission adjudged the bombing as a military action and granted amnesty.
    Mandela was always recognized as the head of the ANC even while in prison and the SA Communist Party always considered him a member of their central committee. He managed to have messages smuggled in and out of prison often, usually through media and international sources. The Truth and Reconciliation Commission's job was a state-run body designed to whitewash criminal activity. They did, in effect, what you did in your post when you sweepingly legitimized terror groups and acts of terror.

I knew South Africa was empty (apart from a few bushmen) at the time of settlement, but by the 20th century, blacks were the majority and denying them fundamental rights, including citizenship, was unconscionable, and given their numbers, a futile dream.
    So, if rights are based upon the desires of the majority of people, then rights can also be erased by the majority, correct? White South Africans carefully constructed a first world country -- the best and most prosperous country in Africa -- through hard work and sacrifice and they are supposed to give it up because these tribal people are the majority? How has that worked out for South Africa since the ANC has come to power? Not very well.

After reading about the new ISIS means of execution by attaching explosive rings around prisoners heads and blowing them up I came across another torture and execution method called "necklacing". Necklacing is when they fill a tire with gasoline and force it over someone around the shoulders and light it on fire. It can take up to 20 minutes to kill someone and is agonizing as one might imagine. Far more brutal than the quick death of an exposion. This method came to light when it was used by the ANC, Mandela's group. His wife, fellow ANC revolutionary Winnie Mandela is even quotes as saying "with our boxes of matches and necklaces we will liberate the country".

So much love for someone so brutal.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulination View Post
    After reading about the new ISIS means of execution by attaching explosive rings around prisoners heads and blowing them up I came across another torture and execution method called "necklacing". Necklacing is when they fill a tire with gasoline and force it over someone around the shoulders and light it on fire. It can take up to 20 minutes to kill someone and is agonizing as one might imagine. Far more brutal than the quick death of an exposion. This method came to light when it was used by the ANC, Mandela's group...
    I see what you did there
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Paulination View Post
    After reading about the new ISIS means of execution by attaching explosive rings around prisoners heads and blowing them up I came across another torture and execution method called "necklacing". Necklacing is when they fill a tire with gasoline and force it over someone around the shoulders and light it on fire. It can take up to 20 minutes to kill someone and is agonizing as one might imagine. Far more brutal than the quick death of an exposion. This method came to light when it was used by the ANC, Mandela's group. His wife, fellow ANC revolutionary Winnie Mandela is even quotes as saying "with our boxes of matches and necklaces we will liberate the country".

So much love for someone so brutal.
    I've seen some of the clips on gore.com and other disreputable websites. I would not use that method randomly. It would have to be people in the top 20 on my shit list.

Cash, I just read the article they aren't sure if that is what caused her death, from the article " Although, this doesn't therefore mean that she died of Covid-related complications, but simply that she tested positive for it." https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ronavirus.html Sad to hear that she is dead, but she could have had something else going on.