Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 291011121320 ... LastLast

Thread: 'Fast and Furious' star Paul Walker

Did anyone else hear about him having an 8 year old son? A lot of rumors were flying when this happened and I heard that his son was one of the people trying to extinguish the fire. Also, I wonder if the Fast & Furious movies made these people think they were invincible? I know they and their friends could drive, but were they over extending their abilities?

The close up picture I saw, Paul's head was in a position as if he was looking away or up, his skin was very charred but you could make out his hair and his ears were still there.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDude View Post
    The close up picture I saw, Paul's head was in a position as if he was looking away or up, his skin was very charred but you could make out his hair and his ears were still there.
    I hope you can find that pic again. I want to see it!

4. 12-05-2013, 07:39 AM

Quote Originally Posted by neilmpenny View Post
    Mc, the autopsy is in. You have to make your own determination from that. Maybe a further explanation from a third party would be helpful. I think the Tox report is a sideshow. Hey, he had two Miller lights and a roach? pffft.

I did advanced fire fighting in the Navy. We had to tackle oil fires and they are particularly spooky. You can't get within 30 or so feet of the large fireball, the heat is too intense. Apart from the heat, the thick black smoke is both intimidatiing and makes for an environment which is very difficult to work. Then, on top of that, you have to factor in that the first respondents on the scene were civilians with no experience in this. Don't be too harsh on them mate.
    I've been around several large fires and a person with no protective gear could not approach a fire like this. I agree completely with you, Neil.

I didn't realize you had these qualifications my friend. You should've shut me up before I gained momentum. LOL. My stepfather was trained for oil fires. It ultimately took his life. You are a brave man, Neil.

Hidium I heard it was Rodas who had the 8 year old son. And they have debunked the report of him trying to extinguish the fire from what I understand.
    I am the king of all things stupid!

Quote Originally Posted by Aries65 View Post
    I hope you can find that pic again. I want to see it!
    I just asked the original poster to send it to me

I want that picture as well. If it's too graphic to post then please send it by pm or a link.

it didnt really appear to be on fire before they crashed you see that puff of black smoke start after they hit the pole. Man when that tree just disappears wow that really shows what the impact must have been like...yikes.

Walker Death -- Porsche's Been Sued Before Over Deadly Carrera GT

Paul Walker Death

Porsche's Been Sued BEFORE

Over Deadly Carrera GT

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2013/12/04/paul-w...#ixzz2mcJmWrPb
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Casper, I love you so much baby boy... waking up with you in the house is a blessing every day! Thank you for filling our home and hearts with so much love, joy, laughter and ever so sweet Sammy smiles! We belong together! XOXOX

I knew that was coming. They'll probably be sued by several parties.

I'm so late in coming to the board to read about this but ugh. So sad. I have to go back to the beginning to read everything.
    "I'm not great at the advice, can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?"

Quote Originally Posted by McMorbid View Post
    I've been around several large fires and a person with no protective gear could not approach a fire like this. I agree completely with you, Neil.

I didn't realize you had these qualifications my friend. You should've shut me up before I gained momentum. LOL. My stepfather was trained for oil fires. It ultimately took his life. You are a brave man, Neil.
    Hey, its a shared experience here.

I am not brave, believe me. Part of our training was to don a fearnaught suit as well as Self Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA) and enter a compartment to fight an oil fire. The suit was made from cotton and mainly asbestos fibres. Though called a fearnaught suit, we called it the funeral suit or fear-fuckall suit. It wasn't fire-proof, but rather flash-proof. It would not protect you from a fire, but rather a fireball in an explosion. The SCBA was an oxygen tank strapped to your back. The volume of oxygen in the tank was measured in atmospheres, rather than PSI. Of course one atmosphere is 14.7 PSI. You could not go in to fight a fire unless you had a minimum of three atmospheres in the tank, and that was in an emergency.

The checks consisted of ensuring that the suit and tank was adequately fastened, that the rubber face mask provides a good seal to your face (sucking in deeply created a good seal), that you had an adequate oxygen reserve in the tank (remembering the min three atmospheres), and that you knew how to actuate the emergency oxygen supply. The SCBA oxygen tank was slung off of your back upside-down in a harness so as the regulator valve was at the bottom of your spine, rather than at the back of your neck (a' la' SCUBA) The big things were that there was a hose from the regulator with an atmosphere gauge that you could check to see how much oxygen you had in atmospheres (useless in an oil fire), and that you knew where the D ring was so as to activate the emergency oxygen supply. You had ten minutes to get out or you were toast.

They sent us off alone into a space that was 30 foot square, and was a labyrinth, with passages snaking all through the space. Think of it like a hedge you see in medievil country houses, except it is all metal with a roof. As you go along a passage it will suddenly turn left or right. At that critical junction there will be a 12 gallon drum of oil, alight.

They lit these drums up about a half hour before you go in. By the time you go in it is well alight. The resulting smoke is so dense and black that when you put your hand to your face, you saw nothing until the fingers were about an inch from the face. I am not kidding. You knew you were approaching a left or right hand turn because you could feel the heat of the oil fire in the darkness, though you could not see it. We were given one of those red fire extinguishers (gas/water) and expected to extinguish the fire. Think about it, putting out an oil fire with water in pitch black darkness. You never saw the fire in the labyrinth, the best you could see was the faintest orange glow. I mean really, really faint. The heat gave away the location.

We had a rope wrapped around our belly, and when it was time to egress, we tugged on the rope and they then pulled us out.

I cannot even begin to describe to you how spooky the whole experience was.

Though not an expert, I have a little bit of knowledge about fires.
    Last edited by neilmpenny; 12-05-2013 at 09:09 AM.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Hey, its a shared experience here.

They lit these drums up about a half hour before you go in. By the time you go in it is well alight. The resulting smoke is so dense and black that when you put your hand to your face, you saw nothing until the fingers were about an inch from the face. I am not kidding. You knew you were approaching a left or right hand turn because you could feel the heat of the oil fire in the darkness, though you could not see it. We were given one of those red fire extinguishers (gas/water) and expected to extinguish the fire. Think about it, putting out an oil fire with water. You never saw the fire in the labyrinth, the best you could see was the faintest orange glow. I mean really, really faint. The heat gave away the location..
    Just look at the soldiers in the early 90s who had to trudge through the burning oil fields in Iraq during Operation Desert Storm

Scene from the movie Jarhead

Just look at the soldiers in the early 90s who had to trudge through the burning oil fields in Iraq during Operation Desert Storm Scene from the movie Jarhead
    In the army you can run for miles and miles and miles. The fire will burn out eventually.

In the Navy, you have nowhere to go. The ship is your home and you have to stand and deliver. It is really not a choice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

You know, I've looked at two images here. One has an entire body outlined, and the other guy's legs outlined. The other has a skull outlined. The skull outline is represented as his arm in the first picture.

Katrinawitch Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by 1karenhb View Post
    This is for neilmpenny. The Westboro Baptist church is planning on picketing Paul Walker's funeral. They are a bunch of crazy assed bigots from the South who are mainly known for picketing American soldiers funerals who have died in Iraq/Afghanistan. This guy is trying to be a thorn in their side by showing how stupid they really are all in the name of religion.
    My hatred for those bastards knows no bounds. WTF? I've moved beyond questioning their 'motives' at this point, because there is no logical answer.

I saw the death photos last night on my Facebook feed, from Findadeath. At first I didn't realize what I was looking at, but then realized those were charred people. I couldn't see too much detail, though (thankfully).

I didn't realize that it was Paul was in Pleasantville (one of those movies I have to stop and watch whenever it's on), as the gorgeous basketball player that Reese Witherspoon takes to Lover's Lane, until they showed a quick montage of his roles during one of the initial news broadcasts. He was the first character to see something changing color. Boy, was he an incredibly good looking man. What a waste (not that it wouldn't have been a waste if he was average looking, but you know what I mean).

There was a thread here on FAD written by a former funeral director in which she invited people to ask the tough questions about what happens to a body postmortem. She answered questions about burn victims as well.

It was a huge thread and I believe it's locked now for whatever reason, but I'm sure it's still there. Lots of good info there including burn victims. I believe it's called "Questions for Death Industry Professionals."
    In Loving Memory of Timothy Houdek, October 22, 1969 - January 8, 2013

My awesome dad: Harry Houdek, September 8, 1933 - November 20, 2013

Words can't convey how much I miss you both. RIP with love.

Quote Originally Posted by Aviatrix View Post
    There was a thread here on FAD written by a former funeral director in which she invited people to ask the tough questions about what happens to a body postmortem. She answered questions about burn victims as well.

It was a huge thread and I believe it's locked now for whatever reason, but I'm sure it's still there. Lots of good info there including burn victims. I believe it's called "Questions for Death Industry Professionals."
    It was hosted by Mbalmr.

It used to be a sticky, but for whatever reason there was a huge falling out, she fell out of favour, sticky got dropped, and the thread was locked.

Brilliant resource for death and she could give you all the interpretations of coroner findings. I bet there is an interpretation of smoke inhilation which could help members with the Paul Walker accident.

She is a professional embalmer.

101 pages, and you can find it here: http://www.findadeath.com/forum/show...Death+Industry
    Last edited by neilmpenny; 12-05-2013 at 09:55 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

This is a beautiful story and just goes to show what a lovely, thoughtful, humble and generous man Paul really was....this is awesome!

Couple Recall Paul Walker's Incredible, Secret Act of Kindness a Decade Ago....

http://www.people.com/people/article...762884,00.html
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Casper, I love you so much baby boy... waking up with you in the house is a blessing every day! Thank you for filling our home and hearts with so much love, joy, laughter and ever so sweet Sammy smiles! We belong together! XOXOX

Yeah it is locked now, more's the pity .Would be great to hear from M'balmr I think they were called or Lisa .
    God, the knowledge bank on here from you guys is amazing .Hats off to McM and Neil especially .

I want that picture as well. If it's too graphic to post then please send it by pm or a link.
    Me too please! Thank you! McMorbid, if you receive it before me, would you please be so kind to share it? I really want to see it as well....thank you my friend.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Alycat32 Guest
    I'd like that graphic picture as well please!

Quote Originally Posted by artymorty View Post
    Yeah it is locked now, more's the pity .Would be great to hear from M'balmr I think they were called or Lisa .
    God, the knowledge bank on here from you guys is amazing .Hats off to McM and Neil especially .
    I wrote a PM to McMorbid the other day. I mentioned that the great thing about this site is that there are so many people here with specific knowledge in certain areas.

Maybe, in this thread, McMorbid and I can contribute a little more. In another thread, maybe you and others can contribute your specific knowledge.

It all evens out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

That would be burned flesh. He's not completely charred. Think well roasted. Odd terminology but it's the best I can do right now. I believe the yellowish is body fat and lower layers of skin. Have you ever way over baked a chicken with the skin still on it? I hope I didn't just ruin chicken for anyone.

Neil, I would imagine these tires resist lots of heat being high speed rated tires. And thanks for the insight on the car body.

I have some catching up to do.
    Thanks, Mc Morbid.
    "What if the Hokey Pokey is what it's really all about?" Jimmy Buffett

I'm also gonna need to see the graphic picture. I don't want to, need to. Thanks and thanks.
    "I'm not great at the advice, can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?"

Quote Originally Posted by Cynful View Post
    See post 243. I alluded to the sueing circle in that thread mate.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yep, send the photo my way as well please.

Just look at the soldiers in the early 90s who had to trudge through the burning oil fields in Iraq during Operation Desert Storm

Scene from the movie Jarhead
    That's how my stepfather died. Smoke damaged his lungs fighting the fires in Iraq. He died shortly after returning home.

That's how my stepfather died. Smoke damaged his lungs fighting the fires in Iraq. He died shortly after returning home.
    Sorry to hear about that mate.

Hey, check out this link. A bit long, but you may get answers to your smoke inhilation questions. http://www.findadeath.com/forum/show...Death+Industry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Neil. He was a good man that suffered a painful death. He was my father from age two to age fourteen. He raised me as his own. I try to live life with him in mind.

And thanks for the link too.

Thanks Neil. He was a good man that suffered a painful death. He was my father from age two to age fourteen. He raised me as his own. I try to live life with him in mind.

And thanks for the link too.
    I am adopted. So I know all about another man stepping in and being your father. In both cases they elected to take us on, and that in itself tells a story.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Indeed it does.

Wendy A. Guest
    This is a beautiful story and just goes to show what a lovely, thoughtful, humble and generous man Paul really was....this is awesome!

Couple Recall Paul Walker's Incredible, Secret Act of Kindness a Decade Ago....

http://www.people.com/people/article...762884,00.html
    I saw this story on the news this morning. It sounds like he was truly aware of how lucky he was, and enjoyed helping others. What a wonderful, generous person he was.

Carrera_3.2 Guest
    The post(autopsy) done on a person that has been exposed to extreme heat, flames, heavy soot and major trauma, can be very revealing with the findings. I can be the determining factor on cause and manner of death. I dealt with these types of bodies quite frequently when I was in the funeral biz or in my LEO career when I was an accident investigator and then later working the Homicide Division. I was first exposed to burn victims in the death industry, and I learned a good bit of the changes that happen to a body when it is exposed to extreme temps, flames, and heavy smoke. If it is discovered that the upper airways and the lower airways are patently normal except for the possible burning or charring around the orifices, it is generally indicative that there was no respiration/breathing/screaming going on and this would indicate the person was already dead. But, if there were burns or soot found in the shallow upper airway, mouth, or nasal passages, that could indicate that the person was still breathing but not really cognitive or aware of what was happening to them. If soot and burns were found in upper and lower airways and lungs, it would be indicative that the person was alive and conscience of what was happening while that were still trying to breath and struggle to get "fresh air", but instead was actually breathing the smoke, heavy soot and even breathing in enough fire itself to cause major burns deep inside the mouth, nasal passages, sinuses, and even into the upper trachea. There would also be soot found deep inside the lungs.

That is all for now, but if people would like further information on this, let me know and I will continue with sharing this knowledge. C.

Quote Originally Posted by Carrera_3.2 View Post
    The post(autopsy) done on a person that has been exposed to extreme heat, flames, heavy soot and major trauma, can be very revealing with the findings. I can be the determining factor on cause and manner of death. I dealt with these types of bodies quite frequently when I was in the funeral biz or in my LEO career when I was an accident investigator and then later working the Homicide Division. I was first exposed to burn victims in the death industry, and I learned a good bit of the changes that happen to a body when it is exposed to extreme temps, flames, and heavy smoke. If it is discovered that the upper airways and the lower airways are patently normal except for the possible burning or charring around the orifices, it is generally indicative that there was no respiration/breathing/screaming going on and this would indicate the person was already dead. But, if there were burns or soot found in the shallow upper airway, mouth, or nasal passages, that could indicate that the person was still breathing but not really cognitive or aware of what was happening to them. If soot and burns were found in upper and lower airways and lungs, it would be indicative that the person was alive and conscience of what was happening while that were still trying to breath and struggle to get "fresh air", but instead was actually breathing the smoke, heavy soot and even breathing in enough fire itself to cause major burns deep inside the mouth, nasal passages, sinuses, and even into the upper trachea. There would also be soot found deep inside the lungs.

That is all for now, but if people would like further information on this, let me know and I will continue with sharing this knowledge. C.
    So when I mentioned that if smoke or soot was found deep inside the lungs, meaning he could probably be still alive, several posts back, I was on the money?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Wendy A. View Post
    I saw this story on the news this morning. It sounds like he was truly aware of how lucky he was, and enjoyed helping others. What a wonderful, generous person he was.
    It does!! I feel bad I really didn't follow the F & F movies. I think I saw the first one. I definitely remember the gorgeous blond guy for sure. Not to make light of the younger girlfriend but I wonder if it wasn't like an Elvis and Priscilla thing. We can't really rely on the media to accurately report on anything so I am not going to form an opinion on that.
    Regards,
    Tamie
    When you are dead, you don't know you are dead. It is difficult only for the others. It is the same when you are stupid.

http://www.yourtango.com/2013200755/...smine-pilchard

She really was 16 when they started dating...Sorry, I am still super creeped out by that!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

From my rotting body, flowers shall grow and I am in them and that is eternity. ~Edvard Munch

Carrera, thank you so much for sharing. I was waiting to catch Lisa and bug her but now I have you in my sights.
    Do you have an opinion as to the position of the body? And do you think from the little we know that he could've been conscious?

BTW I hope I never offended you with any of my police posts. I appreciate what y'all do for us. But I've been on the wrong side of the law and y'all make me nervous. Half my family worked/works in law enforcement. Are you still LEO? If I'm not being too nosey.

Sweet 500th post too!
    Last edited by McMorbid; 12-05-2013 at 10:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by elnoradawn View Post
    http://www.yourtango.com/2013200755/love-dating-paul-walk She waser-girlfriend-jasmine-pilchard

She really was 16 when they started dating...Sorry, I am still super creeped out by that!
    Why?

She was perfectly legally entitled to be with him. Just because it sits againtst your moral proclivities, does not make it wrong.

America is generally very conservative, as you may be, as is Australia, the country that I love.

If you don't like it, spend a billion dollars and change the law.

If not, deal with it.
    Last edited by neilmpenny; 12-05-2013 at 11:00 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you get it could you PM it to me as well please?

I was just stating my opinion....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

From my rotting body, flowers shall grow and I am in them and that is eternity. ~Edvard Munch

Jennylcb Guest
    TMZ is debunking the struggle/movement in the car. www.tmz.com

Quote Originally Posted by elnoradawn View Post
    I was just stating my opinion....
    As you are perfectly entitled to do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

thescreensiren Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Hidium View Post
    Did anyone else hear about him having an 8 year old son? A lot of rumors were flying when this happened and I heard that his son was one of the people trying to extinguish the fire. Also, I wonder if the Fast & Furious movies made these people think they were invincible? I know they and their friends could drive, but were they over extending their abilities?
    Roger Rodas had an 8-year old son.

thescreensiren Guest
    Also - thank God.

"Image In Burning Video is NOT Paul
    http://www.tmz.com/2013/12/05/paul-w...age-not-human/

Piranha Guest
    $350,000 paid out by Porsche? That's seriously nothing for a wrongful death case like this one. I wonder if his family will bother.

On a side note, the graphic photo sounds interesting, but not sure I can handle that just yet....

Madamlehag Guest
    Why?

She was perfectly legally entitled to be with him. Just because it sits againtst your moral proclivities, does not make it wrong.

America is generally very conservative, as you may be, as is Australia, the country that I love.

If you don't like it, spend a billion dollars and change the law.

If not, deal with it.
    California law and most states agree that 16 is not the age of consent. Very few would allow for a 33 year old man and a 16 year old.
    California law "In California, there is a crime of "Unlawful sexual intercourse", which is an act of sexual intercourse with a person under the age of 18 who is not the spouse of the person. (CA Penal Code ยง 265.1)

Carrera_3.2 Guest
    McMorbid, I have no problems with anything that you may have posted. Hell I have a problem with the "new" "Rodney Roughnuts" that seem to be how a lot of the younger generation of LEO's have in the various departments...

To those interested, think up some questions concerning burning MVA's and ask them. I am going to be away from the internet for a few hours, and I will review the questions and then give you the most information I can regarding your interests and particular questions that you may have.C.

Quote Originally Posted by SRVFan View Post
    Universal has made a beautiful tribute to Paul. I can't lie, it choked me up a bit.

Thank you so much for sharing that. Damn, that was hard to watch.

Me too please!

Quote Originally Posted by thescreensiren View Post
    Also - thank God.

Great find. So it's settled and thankfully he didn't suffer.
    I reckon this rules out smoke in the airways. Unless the car was on fire before the crash. I'm confused about the cause of death listing thermal injuries now.
    Last edited by McMorbid; 12-05-2013 at 01:01 PM.

Jennylcb Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by thescreensiren View Post
    Also - thank God.

Paul Walker did NOT make a final desperate attempt to escape the burning wreckage -- and the image seen in video shot right after the crash is definitely NOT Paul ... TMZ has learned.

There had been rampant speculation and buzz on the Internet that a shadowy figure seen around 23 seconds into the video of the burning Porsche Carrera GT ... was Walker trying to get out of the vehicle, but sources connected to the investigation now say it just isn't so ... for several reasons.

First, the sources tell us that, based on photographs of the wreckage ... Paul's body was pinned in an area of the car that makes it clear he couldn't have been flailing outside the vehicle.

Also ...we're told that based on the injuries he suffered, Paul died within a nanosecond of impact, and therefore it's impossible for the image in the video to be him.

It's not clear how long after impact the video starts, but clearly more than a nanosecond.

As for what the image really is -- we're told law enforcement has watched the video, and based on evidence from the crash site ... it appears to be a part of the car's roof burning.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2013/12/05/paul-w...#ixzz2mdVpTICW

Wonder which it is? Did he die from trauma and burning? Or did he die in a 'nanosecond' upon impact. Can't have it both ways I don't think. Remembering that the car didn't start burning allegedly until 60 sec. after impact.