Thread: NFL Football

More Cheese Please Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cdaver mangler View Post
    Here's something that's just gotta be seen:

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/252651..._this_out_man/

That was GREAT!!!

Quote Originally Posted by More Cheese Please View Post
    That was GREAT!!!
    I know!! I loved the Chris Chambers one!

RubySlippers Guest
    First of all - I hate Reggie Rivers. I have had the misfortune to meet him in person and he has a very smug, i am holier than thou attitude. he also gets paid outrageous amounts of money for personal appearances. This is local news regarding a poker club that was busted and he just happened to belong to. He claims he did not know it was illegal to gamble in Denver. His excuses just make him look like a bigger douche...
    http://www.9news.com/news/article.as...1318&catid=339
    Last edited by RubySlippers; 03-08-2009 at 02:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RubySlippers View Post
    First of all - I hate Reggie Rivers. I have had the mis-fortune to meet him in person and he has a very smug, i am holy than thou attitude. he also gets paid outrageous amounts of money for personal appearances. This is local news regarding a local poker club that was busted and he just happened to belong to. He claims he did not know it was illegal to gamble in Denver. His excuses just make him look like a bigger douche...
    http://www.9news.com/news/article.as...1318&catid=339
    Fantastic. Another role model for the youth of Colorado. The Broncos (and apparently ex-Broncos) are taking a beating this year. Time for Pat Bowlen to hire a better PR firm.
    Come home Shanny, we hardly knew ye...

guardmom2008 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by WriterDude View Post
    Jeez -- as if Bills fans haven't suffered enough.
    Exactly what I was thinking.

pvezz Guest
    Here's something that's just gotta be seen:

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/252651..._this_out_man/

Awesome!!

Pat Bowlen, are you paying attention?
    NO KIDDING!!! Maybe McDaniels will do something right instead of canning our franchise QB.

Broomfield,Colorado. Originally from Meriden, CT.
    Why do I feel the Broncos are soooo going to suck next season? Between a new coach, who's still wet behind the ears, and a quarterback, who needs to have his diaper changed, maybe Mile High Stadium's sponsor needs to now be Huggies or Pampers. This looks like it's going to be worse to me, than when we were calling The Rockies "Todd Helton and the Toddlers"!
    Of course, if this post is proven wrong and The Broncos actually DO make the playoffs next season, I will gladly eat my laptop for all of you to see!
    "So many faces in and out of my life. Some will last, some will just be now and then. Life is a series of Hellos and Goodbyes, I'm afraid it's time for Goodbye again. "

Quote Originally Posted by "What Tha....?" View Post
    Why do I feel the Broncos are soooo going to suck next season? Between a new coach, who's still wet behind the ears, and a quarterback, who needs to have his diaper changed, maybe Mile High Stadium's sponsor needs to now be Huggies or Pampers. This looks like it's going to be worse to me, than when we were calling The Rockies "Todd Helton and the Toddlers"!
    Of course, if this post is proven wrong and The Broncos actually DO make the playoffs next season, I will gladly eat my laptop for all of you to see!
    No, I think you are dead on. This is the most uneasy I have felt about the Broncos since the days when Red Miller was coach. I too hope I am wrong. I am already missing the days of Shanahan.

Apparently the Detroit Lions are about to debut a new logo.

I wonder if this is it:

WriterDude Guest
    Bugger me -- from bad to worse:

Cutler asks to be traded.

I was afraid that was going to happen.

RubySlippers Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Philliefan View Post
    I was afraid that was going to happen.

this whole story is ridiculous. i do not use this word often but i think it warrants saying it...

Cutler is a pussy. he has no right to be demanding anything - he has not earned and he certainly does not deserve it. the more he stomps around and rolls on the ground the worse he is going to look in the eyes of not only bronco fans but ALL nfl fans. professional MEN do not behave that way. at own up and show your fucking face instead of hiding behind your butt-hurt feelings and words.

Jesus H. Christ.

Jim Schwartz had finally put together a winning team for the Detroit Lions. The only thing missing was a top quality quarterback. He had scouted all the colleges and even the Canadian and European leagues, but he couldn't find an arm who could ensure a championship season.

Then, one night while watching CNN, he saw a war-zone report from Afghanistan. In the background, he saw a young Afghani toss a hand-grenade straight into the 15th story window of a building at least 50 yards away. The same guy then threw another grenade right into a chimney even further away. And he finished by chucking one into the window of a Taliban car speeding off at nearly ninety miles per hour.

"I've got to get this guy!" the coach said to himself. "What an arm!" Eventually finding the soldier and bringing him to the United States he teaches the boy the game of football, puts him in charge of the Lions' offense and watches as the team goes on to win the Super Bowl that year. The young quarterback is hailed as one of the NFL's greatest marvels.

After the game the young man telephones his mother. "Mother," he says into the phone, "I have just won the American Super Bowl!"

"I don't want to talk to you," replies the old Muslim woman. "You deserted us. You are not my son!"

"I don't think you understand," the young man pleads. "I have just won the greatest team sporting event in the world. Millions of people think well of me."

"No! YOU do not understand!" his mother retorts. "While you play a game, your father has no work. At this very moment there are gunshots all around us. The neighborhood is a pile of rubble. Yesterday your two brothers were beaten within an inch of their lives. And I have to keep your sister in the house so she doesn't get raped!"

The old lady pauses and tearfully adds, "I will never forgive you for making us move to Detroit!"

Somewhere twixt San Antonio & Corpus Christi
    Apparently the Detroit Lions are about to debut a new logo.

I wonder if this is it:

No this is it

Just kidding, this is the entry that won a contest sponsored by the Detroit News.

Here's a link showing some of the other entrants, some really talented folk out there.
    Last edited by Ima Sikfuk; 03-20-2009 at 02:25 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

American Progress

WriterDude Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ima Sikfuk View Post
    No this is it

Just kidding, this is the entry that won a contest sponsored by the Detroit News.

Here's a link showing some of the other entrants, some really talented folk out there.
    Thanks for the laugh, the Cowardly Lion is great. As are a lot of those other entries: I got a grin out of even the kids entries.

I was wondering if this was going to happen. I can't say as I blame Cutler. So do Bronco fans think McDaniel has mis-handled this situation or is Cutler being overly sensitive? From an outsiders perspective it looks like McDaniel has screwed this up from the start and appears to have very little interest in retaining Cutler's services.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

American Progress

Brown's wide receiver Donte Stallworth struck and killed 59 year old Mario Reyes with his car last Saturday. Miami police will not confirm that Stallworth was drunk at the time of the accident, saying only that they expect the results of a toxicology report today (Friday, March 20). A local televison station is reporting that Stallworth's blood alcohol level was .12, legally drunk in Florida is .08.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3997609
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

American Progress

pvezz Guest
    Brown's wide receiver Donte Stallworth struck and killed 59 year old Mario Reyes with his car last Saturday. Miami police will not confirm that Stallworth was drunk at the time of the accident, saying only that they expect the results of a toxicology report today (Friday, March 20). A local televison station is reporting that Stallworth's blood alcohol level was .12, legally drunk in Florida is .08.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3997609

I hadn't heard about the toxicology reports. I heard the accident occurred at 7 am? He was drunk?

Quote Originally Posted by pvezz View Post
    I hadn't heard about the toxicology reports. I heard the accident occurred at 7 am? He was drunk?
    This is from an AP report released about a half hour or so ago:
    MIAMI (AP) â?? Authorities have yet to release blood tests for Cleveland Browns wide receiver Donte Stallworth, who authorities say fatally struck a pedestrian in Miami Beach a week ago.
    Meanwhile, his attorney is denying media reports that the tests show Stallworth was driving drunk.
    Christopher Lyons said Saturday that neither police nor the state attorney's office have released the results of toxicology tests. They have not said specifically when they will be released.
    The Miami Herald and local TV news, citing unnamed people, have reported that Stallworth's blood-alcohol level was above Florida's legal limit.
    A Miami Beach police spokesman says the blood test results won't be released until the investigation is closed.
    Stallworth hasn't been charged.
    Stallworth hired Lyons just yesterday. For the record Lyons is a former Miami prosecutor.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

American Progress

More Cheese Please Guest
    I was wondering if this was going to happen. I can't say as I blame Cutler. So do Bronco fans think McDaniel has mis-handled this situation or is Cutler being overly sensitive? From an outsiders perspective it looks like McDaniel has screwed this up from the start and appears to have very little interest in retaining Cutler's services.
    I think McDaniel has mis-handled this from "jump". I'm a Bronco fan hell or high water but, with all of the off season bullshit, firings and double talk going on, I am counting down to team implosion. JMHO

Houston Texans running back Ryan Moats was stopped and detained while rushing to a hospital to see his dying mother-in-law.
    http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...html?nTar=OPUR
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

American Progress

More Cheese Please Guest
    Houston Texans running back Ryan Moats was stopped and detained while rushing to a hospital to see his dying mother-in-law.
    http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...html?nTar=OPUR
    That story angers me beyond belief!!!!! Two family members didn't even make it into the Hospital to say their "goodbyes" due to the more than 13 minutes of "detention" by this officer... Mr. "To Serve and Protect" ....

After reading the transcript of the actual conversation between Moats and the officer... I'm even more pissed...how can a human being be so indifferent to another in such a situation? My eloquence is out the window at this point and only one word comes to mind.... asshole....
    Last edited by More Cheese Please; 03-28-2009 at 01:29 PM.

Bye bye, Jay! Don't let the door hit you on the ass on your way out! Bring back Jake Plummer!
    "So many faces in and out of my life. Some will last, some will just be now and then. Life is a series of Hellos and Goodbyes, I'm afraid it's time for Goodbye again. "

pvezz Guest
    My first thought about Cutler was that he'd go to the Jets.

Cutler to da Bears!!!

ChargerBill Guest

See Ya Jay-hole

Cutler to da Bears!!!

pvezz Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ChargerBill View Post

Love it! LMAO!

Quote Originally Posted by ChargerBill View Post

LOL! Got to be better than Sexy Rexy! I will miss Kyle Orton though. Hey! I've lived through TO and the Eagles, I can handle some EMO vs. some EGO!

I'm kinda shocked that they gave up on Kyle Orton...I really thought he was starting to get somewhere before his ankle injury...all the best to his career with the Broncos...

As for Cutler with the Bears...here's hoping he has a new attitude and a fresh start...at least he will be familiar with the Blue and Orange colors!!! The Bears definitely needed some new life on offense no matter who the QB would be...now what to do about Grossman????!!!! Hmmmmmm????

Quote Originally Posted by Skydrvr7 View Post
    I'm kinda shocked that they gave up on Kyle Orton...I really thought he was starting to get somewhere before his ankle injury...all the best to his career with the Broncos...

As for Cutler with the Bears...here's hoping he has a new attitude and a fresh start...at least he will be familiar with the Blue and Orange colors!!! The Bears definitely needed some new life on offense no matter who the QB would be...now what to do about Grossman????!!!! Hmmmmmm????
    I'm guessing they tried to trade Grossman and Denver wouldn't have him. I hope Kyle does well with the Bronco's - he's definitely got potential. I may have to invest in NFL network this year to follow some of these guys. Or just hang out here again and you keep me posted!

rickenbacker Guest
    AAAGHHH! Is there anything more frustrating than being a Bears fan? Captain Neckbeard looked great before the injury. Two things happened...Kyle grew up a little, and Lovie let them open up the offense a bit. I was really looking forward to a full season with a healthy Kyle Orton, believe it or not. Now we get...the new Jeff George. Great talent, major head case. HA! I made a joke! We go from Captain Neckbeard to Major Headcase! As long as SexyRexy stays on the bench!

Quote Originally Posted by rickenbacker View Post
    AAAGHHH! Is there anything more frustrating than being a Bears fan?
    Being a Saints fan? At least the Bears have won a Lombardi trophy.

Well one of the things the Bears get is a guy that throws the ball down the field. Cutler had 55 throws of over 20 yards (2nd in the league, Orton was 20th with 34 throws over 20 yards) and 7 throws over 40 yards which was middle of the pack with guys like Peyton Manning, Ben Rothlisberger and Matt Cassel. Orton was near the bottom with only three throws over 40 yards.

In Denver, Cutler had the 12th best rushing attack in the league (4.8 yards per carry and 116.4 yards per game, using a never ending carousel of backs) and was sacked only 11 times, 2nd best in the league. In other words the Broncos could run the ball and they protected the quarterback. Add to that the fact that the Broncos had no defense which helps to explain why Cutler put the ball in the air 38.8 times per game, third highest in the league.

Conversely, in Chicago, Orton was the 12th most sacked QB in the league (27 times Orton was sacked, oddly Matt Cassel was the most sacked QB) and the Bears running game ranked 24th in the league at 3.9 yards per carry and 104.6 yards per game, and this was with Matt Forte! And despite their reputation, the Bear's defense was not a lot better than the Broncos (the Bears ranked 21st in the league in total defense the Broncos ranked 29th).

One thing Orton and Cutler both have in common is they both are pretty good at protecting the ball.

Cutler last year threw an interception once in every 34 attempts while Orton threw an interception once very 39 attempts. For their careers Cutler throws an interception once in every 32.9 attempts while Orton throws an interception once in every 33.8 attempts. Cutler in his career has fumbled the ball once in every 83.3 times he touches the ball, Orton has fumbled once every 96.6 times he touches the ball.

Cutler's first two years in the league he rushed for over 200 yards each season, but last year only ran 12 times for 18 yards. Orton has never been much of a runner but last year he took off a career high 24 times for 44 yards.

With Cutler, the Bears get a durable QB who has not missed a single regular season start since he became the Broncos starting QB (37 games) but has a 17-20 record as a starter.

With Orton, the Broncos get a pretty durable QB, who has a 21-12 record as a starter.

It should be interesting. The Broncos historically have employed an aggressive passing attack, but now they have a new coach and a new QB and the former coach could plug in pretty much anybody who was ambulatory and muster some sort of a running game.

The Bears on the other hand have historically employed a more conservative passing attack now they have a more aggressive type of QB.

My feeling is the Bears were the better of the two teams but only slightly and Jay Cutler alone will not lead them to the promised land.
    Last edited by Ima Sikfuk; 04-03-2009 at 11:16 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

American Progress

Have no fear, Chicago Bears fans. If past Colorado sports history is any indication of how Jay Cutler is going to work out for you, The Bears will win the Super Bowl next season.
    Colorado has a history of trading players, from most of our sports teams, who turn out to do even better for the teams that they go to.
    Examples are : Andres Gallaraga (Rockies), Bret Saberhagen (Rockies), Clinton Portis (Broncos), Brian Griese (Broncos), Gus Frerotte (Broncos), Jason Elam (Broncos), and any goalie from the Avalanche, traded while Roy was the starter!
    I guess that also applies to coaches too. Colorado Avalanche got rid of Joel Quenneville this season. He now coaches the Chicago Blackhawks. Chicago's going to the Stanley Cup playoffs. Colorado is having the worst season in the team's franchise history. Nice going Avalanche!

I love the enthusiasm about the trade...no matter what the end result is...sometimes just changing things up makes the whole game a whole lot more interesting.

On a completely different note...is it just me or does Kyle Orton look an awful lot like Dave Grohl of the Foo Fighters and formerly of Nirvana??? I should find some photos for comparison...I like "Captain Neckbeard" as a nickname!!!

With Cutler, the Bears get a durable QB who has not missed a single regular season start since he became the Broncos starting QB (37 games) but has a 17-20 record as a starter.
    Hmmmm.......and how many of those wins were against Oakland/Kansas City???

Hmmmm.......and how many of those wins were against Oakland/Kansas City???
    To specifically answer your question:

Cutler: vs. Oakland/Kansas City 5-3
    Orton: vs. Oakland/Kansas City 0-0

Cutler: vs. Detroit 0-1
    Orton: vs. Detroit 4-0

Cutler: vs. playoff teams 3-9
    Orton: vs. playoff teams 6-6

Cutler: post season 0-0
    Orton: post season 0-1

Cutler: vs teams with a .500 or better winning percentage 9-12
    Orton: vs teams with a .500 or better winning percentage 9-11

Cutler: AFC West 6-7
    Orton: AFC West 0-0

Cutler: NFC North 1-3
    Orton: NFC North 9-5

Cutler: vs AFC 12-14
    Orton: vs. AFC 3-4

Cutler: vs. NFC 5-6
    Orton: vs. NFC 18-8
    Last edited by Ima Sikfuk; 04-04-2009 at 12:32 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

American Progress

Kyle Orton... my new favorite QB. It will be a blessed relief from all of the drama. Number 8 already has exhibited more class than number 6 ever did. Good luck Chicago fans... I mean that. Hopefully he (Cutler) will mature more in Chi-town than he ever did in Denver. Cutler and McDaniels are both losers in my book.

Either way and regardless... I still love my Broncos. I hope it all works out in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Stonecold View Post
    Kyle Orton... my new favorite QB. It will be a blessed relief from all of the drama. Number 8 already has exhibited more class than number 6 ever did. Good luck Chicago fans... I mean that. Hopefully he (Cutler) will mature more in Chi-town than he ever did in Denver. Cutler and McDaniels are both losers in my book.

Either way and regardless... I still love my Broncos. I hope it all works out in the end.
    You'll love Kyle Orton. da Bears will miss him, but a fresh QB is needed as is a fresh start for Cutler. Hopefully Cutler has come away with thicker skin (although it doesn't sound like it). Lord if McNabb left when rumors started about trading him, he'd have been gone from Philly years ago.

I hope your Broncos do well too!

You'll love Kyle Orton. da Bears will miss him, but a fresh QB is needed as is a fresh start for Cutler. Hopefully Cutler has come away with thicker skin (although it doesn't sound like it). Lord if McNabb left when rumors started about trading him, he'd have been gone from Philly years ago.

I hope your Broncos do well too!
    LOL... thanks! I hope the Eagles do well too!

To specifically answer your question:

Cutler: vs. Oakland/Kansas City 5-3
    Orton: vs. Oakland/Kansas City 0-0

Cutler: vs. Detroit 0-1
    Orton: vs. Detroit 4-0

Cutler: vs. playoff teams 3-9
    Orton: vs. playoff teams 6-6

Cutler: post season 0-0
    Orton: post season 0-1

Cutler: vs teams with a .500 or better winning percentage 9-12
    Orton: vs teams with a .500 or better winning percentage 9-11

Cutler: AFC West 6-7
    Orton: AFC West 0-0

Cutler: NFC North 1-3
    Orton: NFC North 9-5

Cutler: vs AFC 12-14
    Orton: vs. AFC 3-4

Cutler: vs. NFC 5-6
    Orton: vs. NFC 18-8
    That is hands-down the BEST analysis of the two quarterbacks I've seen since the trade went down.

I hope you don't mind me copying and pasting that to other forums in order to make myself look smarter.

That is hands-down the BEST analysis of the two quarterbacks I've seen since the trade went down.

I hope you don't mind me copying and pasting that to other forums in order to make myself look smarter.
    Ima rocks, doesn't he??? Even though he's a Sikfuk!

Initial press accounts regarding Orton in Denver are pretty positive, good guy, works hard, team player.....

Quote Originally Posted by Stonecold View Post
    Initial press accounts regarding Orton in Denver are pretty positive, good guy, works hard, team player.....
    .....shows up fairly frequently on drunkathlete.com:

http://drunkathlete.com/2008/09/06/kyle-orton-montage/

.....shows up fairly frequently on drunkathlete.com:

http://drunkathlete.com/2008/09/06/kyle-orton-montage/
    Fantastic. Sigh, bring on the draft! NFL draft that is, not draft beer.

I'm counting the days to the draft. I love it 10x more than the Superbowl even though my team can't draft.

More Cheese Please Guest
    Giants released Plaxico on Friday.

http://www.giants.com/

Daunte Stallworth is out on $200,000.00 bond... arraignment set for the 23rd of this month.

http://www.miamiherald.com/486/story/981858.html

and, yeah.... Kyle does kinda look like Dave Grohl...

Quote Originally Posted by More Cheese Please View Post
    Giants released Plaxico on Friday.

http://www.giants.com/
    http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/tag/plaxico-burress

Link fixed.