Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The perils of of Axe body spray

Wendy A. Guest
    I can see it happening. That shit gives me a migraine. The guys like to shower in that shit. I had to ban my to teen nephews from wearing it when I took them to DC with me. Most fragrances like that make me deathly ill. Moderation kiddo's!

PurrPurr Guest
    I believe it. Have any of you smelled that shit? One of my friends sprayed a sample bottle of it at a drug store one day for shits and giggles. Both of us gagged from the acrid smell; Axe is almost akin to Raid bug spray - sorry, I couldn't think of anything else to compare it to!

Here's a hint, fellows: Try washing your butts with actual soap and water instead.
    Last edited by PurrPurr; 11-06-2013 at 10:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wendy A. View Post
    I can see it happening. That shit gives me a migraine. The guys like to shower in that shit. I had to ban my to teen nephews from wearing it when I took them to DC with me. Most fragrances like that make me deathly ill. Moderation kiddo's!
    I couldn't agree more WendyA. It gives me a headache too. My niece complains about the boys in her school using it too and this is in a school with grades 1-8. Products like that are toxic and probably shouldn't be used by children anyway. I wonder if there is something addictive about it. I read about someone's son "collecting" the products. I had to stop my daughter from using products from Bath and Body Works for the same reason. She had a huge stash that we didn't know about in her room. Let's see if more stories like this come out.

Quote Originally Posted by PurrPurr View Post
    I believe it. Have any of you smelled that shit? One of my friends sprayed a sample bottle of it at a drug store one day for shits and giggles. Both of us gagged from the acrid smell; Axe is almost akin to Raid bug spray - sorry, I couldn't think of anything else to compare it to!

Here's a hint, fellows: Try washing your butts with actual soap and water instead.
    LOL. I've never smelled Axe products and have no desire to. Their advertising comes off as pretentious and cheap at the same time.

Mammy Guest
    Axe is the modern day version of these products, oldies but not so goodies.

Attachment 48796

That's exactly the crap I was thinking of when replying, Mammy, lol.

MissZoot Guest
    There's something about an AquaVelva man-NOT! Like the rest of you, I'd define an overwhelming smell of AXE to be one kid who walked in the general area of someone spraying the shit. Just the thought of being in a classroom with several "more is more" teens makes me want to hurl. I discourage my oldest from getting scented deodorants, so he may have to sleep outside if he tries to wear AXE.

Mammy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeChick View Post
    That's exactly the crap I was thinking of when replying, Mammy, lol.
    Lol, it immediately came to mind for me, too. My Dad used to get Aqua Velva every year for Christmas. That shit is vile!

PurrPurr Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    Axe is the modern day version of these products, oldies but not so goodies.

Attachment 48796
    I remember when they sold that stuff in the grocery store's health and beauty aisle. I don't pay much attention nowadays, so I'm not sure if they still do or not.

My dad used Aqua Velva all the time after he shaved. Mom used to jokingly warn people not to light cigarettes near the bathroom for at least an hour afterward, the stink was so strong.

Mammy Guest
    I remember when they sold that stuff in the grocery store's health and beauty aisle. I don't pay much attention nowadays, so I'm not sure if they still do or not.

My dad used Aqua Velva all the time after he shaved. Mom used to jokingly warn people not to light cigarettes near the bathroom for at least an hour afterward, the stink was so strong.
    I haven't paid much attention to whether all of those colognes are still around or not either. Back in the day, Dollar General sold all of those and it was super cheap. I can picture Dad freshly bathed and standing in front of the bathroom mirror in his tightie whities and splashing that nasty Aqua Velva on his face and neck after he shaved. I can even smell it in my mind.

It reminds me of the 80's, when my bf DROWNED himself in Polo cologne.

My father was a barber. He used to apply bay rum after a shave. The smell of my childhood lol.

Dior made a men's perfume called Farenheit. It smells exactly like Mortein fly spray.
    Last edited by neilmpenny; 11-08-2013 at 03:12 AM.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Quote Originally Posted by neilmpenny View Post
    My father was a barber. He used to apply bay rum after a shave. The smell of my childhood lol.

Dior made a men's perfume called Farenheit. It smells exactly like Mortein fly spray.
    Sometimes I miss the old style barber shop. your last line made me laugh. I think young guys are bad about drowning themselves in shit they think smells good.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

Mammy Guest
    There are some men who seem to think cologne makes up for not taking a shower. There's nothing quite like the smell of rancid armpits doused with Old Spice, especially in the hottest months of the year. It isn't just men either. I used to work with a woman who smelled like rotted snatch and Charlie perfume. Soap and water, people, it isn't that expensive or time consuming and your fellow inhabitants on this planet will appreciate it.

Wendy A. Guest
    They should market that shit as chic repellent for extremely hot gay men. They can call it "chick be gone"

Quote Originally Posted by Wendy A. View Post
    They should market that shit as chic repellent for extremely hot gay men. They can call it "chick be gone"
    "Chicka-gone-gone."
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

My godson got a trio of Axe sprays a few years ago and never wore them. YUCK.

That nasty stuff reminds me of Calvin Klein's Obsession- no offense if anyone here likes it, but that shit (more than any other "fragrance: on earth makes me want to vomit) BLECH.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Casper, I love you so much baby boy... waking up with you in the house is a blessing every day! Thank you for filling our home and hearts with so much love, joy, laughter and ever so sweet Sammy smiles! We belong together! XOXOX

had a old boyfriend who drenched himself in "brut".....notice I said OLD.
    yech yech yech yech
    another one I cannot stand is "happy" by clinque.....BLECH
    "if you need anything, please don't hesitate to ask someone else first" Kurt Cobain

[SIGPIC] http://phineas4cobain.tumblr.com/post/36392280360 [/SIGPIC]

Lol, it immediately came to mind for me, too. My Dad used to get Aqua Velva every year for Christmas. That shit is vile!
    LOL Mine got Brut and Old Spice. Horrific!

A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Haaaaaa! I remember that stuff! Everyone's mom except mine had that sitting on their bathroom vanity.

Town Without Pity Guest
    My Grandson who was living with me until recently would swim in that nasty stuff...I made the mistake of buying a sample bottle for his Christmas sock a few years ago....Yuck.....and I agree, some people think that fragrance covers everything, it just doesnt.....and I admit, I happened to like Brute when I was younger....now, not so much.....lol My Dad was a styling guy wore all kinds of that stuff. (let's not forget Hi-Karate) THe old man...has a bunch he's gotten as gifts and justs sits there as dust collectors.

MissZoot Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    I just can't get the stench out, your Windsong stays in my car....

UdbCrzy2 Guest
    Some Axe scents are stronger than others. I know this one dude and no matter what cologne or after shave he stinks because he over uses it.

Mammy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MissZoot View Post
    I just can't get the stench out, your Windsong stays in my car....
    LOL, that's classic! It's also probably true. My husband's stepmom wore Estee Lauder perfume and I can't remember what flavor it was, but more than one squirt of that shit makes people's eyes water.

I've use Axe body wash before, and it isn't anywhere near as bad as the spray and other junk they sell. My wife got me a body wash from Bath and Body Works last month that I like a lot better than anything I've used though.

LOL, that's classic! It's also probably true. My husband's stepmom wore Estee Lauder perfume and I can't remember what flavor it was, but more than one squirt of that shit makes people's eyes water.
    And that White Shoulders shit.

I knew this mean old bag when I was a kid and she used to douse herself in it daily. Looked like a horse and smelled like shit. If Kenneth Pinyan had met her, he could've saved himself a lot of embarrassment.

Oh and guess what? I was just checking out my Safeway coupon app and guess what they've got on sale plus a two dollar off coupon for? You guessed it. Axe Body Spray. Some of the men on this street already smell like skunk and ass. Hopefully their women don't buy them this shit as a hint. Because all they'll do is douse themselves in it to try to cover the stench which will just add to it ofcourse.

Oh and the sale plus coupon deal is nationwide. yippee.

Mammy Guest
    And that White Shoulders shit.

I knew this mean old bag when I was a kid and she used to douse herself in it daily. Looked like a horse and smelled like shit. If Kenneth Pinyan had met her, he could've saved himself a lot of embarrassment.

Oh and guess what? I was just checking out my Safeway coupon app and guess what they've got on sale plus a two dollar off coupon for? You guessed it. Axe Body Spray. Some of the men on this street already smell like skunk and ass. Hopefully their women don't buy them this shit as a hint. Because all they'll do is douse themselves in it to try to cover the stench which will just add to it ofcourse.

Oh and the sale plus coupon deal is nationwide. yippee.
    I forgot about White Shoulders. It does smell really awful.

MissZoot Guest
    Jean Nate was another oldie-but-not-so-goodie. It smelled a bit like formaldehyde. And I worked with a woman who refused to believe that olfactory overload was real and as a consequence chose to hose herself down with Poison several times daily. That shit permeates EVERYTHING and it does not come out.

That's true. My mom still has an ancient bottle of it sitting on her vanity. She doesn't wear it. It's just a memento. But I remember when it was tres chic. Spray once in the air above your head and pass under it quickly. Don't bathe in it. People did though. Layered it even. First the body wash, then the lotion or dusting powder AND the damned perfume sprayed directly on them. No, that's not how you do that. Pick one and only one. PLEASE. Every damned department store and office rancid with it. Don't get me started on how the clubs smelled once these Poison laden gals got all sweaty from dancing and that stuff mixed with booze sweat. Gag!

PurrPurr Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by phineas117 View Post
    had a old boyfriend who drenched himself in "brut".....notice I said OLD.
    yech yech yech yech
    another one I cannot stand is "happy" by clinque.....BLECH
    I rather liked Happy.

My mother used to be big on Wind Song when she did wear fragrance...eeeeeeeeeeooooooooooooooooooooowwww!

Seagorath Guest
    It does have an overwhelmingly "sweetly nauseating" vibe...that Axe Body Spray. I walked into an aisle of it once and wanted to puke. I think some kids were spraying the sample bottles all over the creation.

Mammy Guest
    That's true. My mom still has an ancient bottle of it sitting on her vanity. She doesn't wear it. It's just a memento. But I remember when it was tres chic. Spray once in the air above your head and pass under it quickly. Don't bathe in it. People did though. Layered it even. First the body wash, then the lotion or dusting powder AND the damned perfume sprayed directly on them. No, that's not how you do that. Pick one and only one. PLEASE. Every damned department store and office rancid with it. Don't get me started on how the clubs smelled once these Poison laden gals got all sweaty from dancing and that stuff mixed with booze sweat. Gag!
    I work with a woman who drowns herself in some kind of brown sugar scented shit she buys at Bath and Body Works. She uses the shower gel, lotion, body spray, and hand sanitizer. My husband said she must be packing some rotten meat to need that much stuff to cover up the stench.

SquirrelNutZipper Guest
    Hey Mammy, was it Estee Lauder's Youth Dew? At my grandmother's funeral, my aunt who is a professional mourner was wearing that stuff. To this day whenever I get a whiff of it I think of caskets.

Mammy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelNutZipper View Post
    Hey Mammy, was it Estee Lauder's Youth Dew? At my grandmother's funeral, my aunt who is a professional mourner was wearing that stuff. To this day whenever I get a whiff of it I think of caskets.
    It could have been, but I'm not really sure. Not to offend anyone who likes Estee Lauder, but I think all of it stinks and is too strong. She died in 2004 and my father-in-law had the funeral home spray that stinky perfume on her since she always wore it. I bet if her casket lid was opened, the stench of Estee Lauder would be the most noticeable thing.

I laughed about the "professional mourner." I know a few of those myself.

PurrPurr Guest
    Hey, those "professional mourners" know where the best post-funeral catering/luncheon spreads are for free food.

One of my friends in high school poured on the Sweet Honesty. That stuff made me sneeze to beat the band!

The only thing worse than this smell is a SUV full of teenaged football players who put it on AFTER the game and BEFORE the showers. I had to ride home with all the windows open and threaten to make them walk home if they ever did that again. Thankfully they're grown now and I don't have to deal with it. Shit stinks to high Heaven!
    To understand the living, you got to commune with the dead.
    Minerva

Mammy Guest
    Ugh, I would rather smell sweaty armpits and ass than sweaty armpits, ass, and Axe. I bet you were choking in the vehicle with them all.

Ugh, I would rather smell sweaty armpits and ass than sweaty armpits, ass, and Axe. I bet you were choking in the vehicle with them all.
    Mammy, it was brutal!!! Boys that age are just grody to begin with!! lol I think I'm super sensitive to scents anyway. I wear the same perfume all the time, but my daughter is trying different ones and its horrible.
    To understand the living, you got to commune with the dead.
    Minerva

Mammy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by McCourt View Post
    Mammy, it was brutal!!! Boys that age are just grody to begin with!! lol I think I'm super sensitive to scents anyway. I wear the same perfume all the time, but my daughter is trying different ones and its horrible.
    Yes, I only wear Love Spell and never wear any other kind of body spray. I agree that teenage boys are somewhat gross to begin with since a lot of them aren't concerned with hygiene and sweat a lot. My son likes Adidas colognes and doesn't drench himself in them. I can live with that.

PurrPurr Guest
    I agree that teenage boys are somewhat gross to begin with since a lot of them aren't concerned with hygiene and sweat a lot.
    There are several grown men who aren't concerned with hygiene either, but at least the ones I've encountered haven't worn any of that God awful, fly spray-smelling Axe.

Mammy Guest
    There are several grown men who aren't concerned with hygiene either, but at least the ones I've encountered haven't worn any of that God awful, fly spray-smelling Axe.
    I can't think of any adult men in my family who use Axe. My husband doesn't even like shower gel and uses old school Irish Spring bars of soap. He uses Old Spice Pure Sport deodorant and it gives him a clean smell without being overwhelming. I had forgotten about Sweet Honesty perfume and my daughter even sells Avon. I don't like it either.

I love the smell of Old Spice, reminds me of my grandpa, whom I love and miss dearly, I have a bottle of it and I splash some on my pillow ,

Axe spray is gag worthy. i hate when customers spray it cuz it wofts and i always wonder who effin would wear that

Quote Originally Posted by UdbCrzy2 View Post
    Some Axe scents are stronger than others. I know this one dude and no matter what cologne or after shave he stinks because he over uses it.
    There is no such thing a under using Axe. I'm surprised some of the bars I've been to haven't closed down for the same reason. I used to hate the smell of it, now I can honestly say I also hate the taste of it. Ugh.

edit: because when someone puts too much of it on you can taste it in the air. I've never licked Axe off of anyone. That's gross.
    Last edited by MiraculousMandarin; 11-16-2013 at 01:00 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Do mind the pedestrian, Richard."
    - Hyacinth Bucket

Mammy Guest
    Yes, it's like cigarette smoke or gasoline. The smell just clings to your nose hair and clothes if you've been around someone who soaked themselves in Axe.

I think Keanu Reeves has it figured out.
    Attachment 48924
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Do mind the pedestrian, Richard."
    - Hyacinth Bucket

Mammy Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MiraculousMandarin View Post
    I think Keanu Reeves has it figured out.
    Attachment 48924
    GASP! It's working! Lol