Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567815 ... LastLast

Thread: Rare photos of the living and dead famous

BARBARA STANWYCK
    outside an LA restaurant
    KELT' HOME FOR WAYWARD YOUTH-
    Helping Young Men To Turn Around For Over Twenty Years !

LUCILLE BALL

On the top photo by CMD on 04-09-2008, 07:17 AM, is that MM with Bob Crane?
    "Everybody is born, and everybody dies. Being born wasn't so bad , was it?"
    Peter the Hermit

Darrianne Guest
    [quote=erin;86299]

I've never seen this one before. How great!! This is a great thread, btw. Good idea!

If you mean this picture, I could see how you could think that (possibly being BOB CRANE). I'm not certain as to the man's identity, but he does look like STEPHEN SMITH.

Guest Guest
    [quote=Darrianne;220947]
    Quote Originally Posted by erin View Post

I've never seen this one before. How great!! This is a great thread, btw. Good idea!

Here's some more from that session by Milton Greene

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

One thing that I find interesting is that we've all read the stories about how without make-up MONROE was supposedly a rather plain looking woman. There are tales by her co-stars that they recall seeing her getting to leave a film set at day' end and not recognizing her because she'd washed off the greasepaint. (And) the ones about how she'd go unrecognized in NYC & elsewhere when she wasn't 'done up', or how she could turn it on & off at will, as though she channelled her inner sex goddess when needed. Well, I don't think that there's any doubt as to who is the woman in these photographs. I think that she has a different, but still beautiful look when she was scrubbed clean.

Guest Guest

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by KELT View Post
    One thing that I find interesting is that we've all read the stories about how without make-up MONROE was supposedly a rather plain looking woman. There are tales by her co-stars that they recall seeing her getting to leave a film set at day' end and not recognizing her because she'd washed off the greasepaint. (And) the ones about how she'd go unrecognized in NYC & elsewhere when she wasn't 'done up', or how she could turn it on & off at will, as though she channelled her inner sex goddess when needed. Well, I don't think that there's any doubt as to who is the woman in these photographs. I think that she has a different, but still beautiful look when she was scrubbed clean.
    Yes 'marilyn monroe' was the character the world loved so she kept playing that character. In these photos you see Norma Jean, not Monroe

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Nelliebean Guest
    Love the Lucille Ball picture. Anymore of her out there from the pre-Lucy days?

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

With JFK and Rob Kennedy

lisalouver Guest
    CMS those pics of MM are stunning.

Thank you so much for those.

The dress from JFK's bday always gets me. What a gorgeous dress.

Guest Guest

Guest Guest
    Yeah I luuuurve that dress

What's that white stuff in her nose or is it just the camera..looks funny how there's a spot right there lol

Katrinawitch Guest
    [quote=Martini;219182]Love us some Rat Pack:

I have such a fondness for the Rat Pack, because they always seemed to be having such fun! Always smokin', drinkin', and cracking up!!!

Also, thanks for all the gorgeous James Dean pictures. Now you've gone and made me have a huge crush on him! I have to do some reading up on him. This is how my Sharon Tate fascination started! Oh well, us Death Hags have to stick together!

cherryghost Guest

She is lovely natural but she did look different with makeup( I should look for the beauty mark) She looks tipsy in these photos

cherryghost Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by CMS View Post

No definately no beauty spot! I always thought Marilyn's beauty was more inner beauty than ravishing beauty!

Is that Scotch?
    Last edited by cherryghost; 04-10-2008 at 08:11 AM.

Guest Guest
    She looks like me without makeup, same hair color too. Not that I'd compare myself to marilyn monroe ..but these pool pics she does, especially the second to last color one. Least my bf thinks anyway lol

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cherryghost View Post

Is that Scotch?
    Probably champagne, she loved her champagne

Quote Originally Posted by cherryghost View Post
    No definately no beauty spot! I always thought Marilyn's beauty was more inner beauty than ravishing beauty!
    One of her best attributes was her smile; like mega-watt signage !
    She had a nice set of teeth, which when you consider the times, really made her stand-out. By the times, I mean that unlike now when 9 out of 10 actors seem to have a mouthful of porcelain veneers, MARILYN' teeth were natural. She herself was well aware of the importance of teeth in regards to (one's) appearance. LYTESS yelled at her once when she was a struggling starlet because she (MM) had spent her last 50 bucks at the dentist. "(But) these are my teeth !," was her alleged reply. If you look at the best looking S*T*A*R*S from that era, you'll notice that a nice set of teeth usually falls into play. My dad was a dentist (as was my grandfather, and my great grandfather). One of dad's friends from dental college returned to his native New York upon graduation and one of his first patients was MARILYN. I don't know all the particulars, but I do know that he only got to work on her once, and that it was because her regular dentist wasn't available for whatever reason. I have no idea whether this guy worked in the same office as her regular dentist, nor if she'd been referred to him, I only know what I state above.

JestersKiss Guest

heres a goody

Bidmor Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelliebean View Post
    Love the Lucille Ball picture. Anymore of her out there from the pre-Lucy days?
    Here's a young Lucy with Larry Fine on the set of the Stooges' 1934 "Three Little Pigskins" in which she played a gangster's moll.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo_LarryLucy.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	12.3 KB 
ID:	4811  

Martini Guest

Lucy

People forget just how glamorous she was.

Martini Guest

Very Cute!

"Lucy, you have some 'splainin' to do."

Looks like she was a member of the Itty Bitty Titty Committee.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LucillesBalls.JPG 
Views:	123 
Size:	211.7 KB 
ID:	4829  
    "Everybody is born, and everybody dies. Being born wasn't so bad , was it?"
    Peter the Hermit

Jack-O-Lantern Guest
    Oh MY, is THAT our LUCY ???? I didn't know she did topless !!??? I am genuinely SHOCKED

annannanna Guest
    wow! That's some rare photos!

There's a few nudes of LUCILLE BALL floating around from the early to mid 1930s when she was a GOLDWYN Girl. She really was a gorgeous girl !

annannanna Guest
    I love the MM pics, Thanks for sharing!

Guest Guest
    (Lucy's drawn in pencil eyebrows always spoiled her looks to me. She always has a suprised look on her face which I think is silly. I don't think that those eyebrows are attractive on any woman.) This thread is totally amazing I am really enjoying this. Marilyn just makes me feel like going out and having fun whenever I look at her pictures!

Martini Guest
    You can see the love

I would kill for those shoes!

I've not seen this pic before

The dream team

Quote Originally Posted by Spookykitty View Post
    (Lucy's drawn in pencil eyebrows always spoiled her looks to me. She always has a suprised look on her face which I think is silly. I don't think that those eyebrows are attractive on any woman.) This thread is totally amazing I am really enjoying this. Marilyn just makes me feel like going out and having fun whenever I look at her pictures!

The other thing is that BALL really needed those false eyelashes she wore; when you see photographs of her without them- she looks a good 15 years older. I think that she like so many women held onto for the most part the 'look' she'd employed when she was young (her 20s & 30s), and true it was not as flattering as another style may well have been.

Martini Guest

More Marilyn

Martini Guest

Marilyn

Martini Guest

Still More Marilyn

Can anyone make out the title of the book?

annannanna Guest
    wow, I love these photos. It makes her really seem like the woman next door. These are great candid shots.

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Martini View Post
    I've not seen this pic before

Nor have I! Thanks!

BetteDavisEyes1986 Guest
    The other thing is that BALL really needed those false eyelashes she wore; when you see photographs of her without them- she looks a good 15 years older. I think that she like so many women held onto for the most part the 'look' she'd employed when she was young (her 20s & 30s), and true it was not as flattering as another style may well have been.
    What happened is when she did Roman Scandals with Eddie Cantor all the girls had to shave their eyebrows off for their characters and hers never grew back afterwards

Martini Guest

Pensive

MARILYN wore a wig for most of
    THE MISFITS.
    This is the one that they used for her funeral as well.

Martini Guest

Some more of GUY MADISON from the mid 40s.........

with JUDY CLARK whom he dated for awhile in 1945

Martini Guest

Martini Guest

Martini Guest