Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 14212223
Results 1,101 to 1,143 of 1143

Thread: Rare photos of the living and dead famous

radiojane Guest
    Stevie Wonder got to meet Grover? Too cool!

orionova Guest
    I love the pic of Cary Grant and the poodle. Christopher walken was hot back in the day, wasn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by orionova View Post
    I love the pic of Cary Grant and the poodle. Christopher walken was hot back in the day, wasn't he?
    Nice bod but he looked like a creepy alien even back then.
    I like the pic of the boss with his pants halfway off. Never thought of him as hot until now.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by PiggyTx View Post
    those were wayyy cool! TY! and lmao @ Einsteins shoes! wtf?!
    Quote Originally Posted by DonnaMc View Post
    Good pics. And PiggyTx - I don't know what's up with those Einstein shoes! He liked women's clothes?
    My thoughts too Donna...

Quote Originally Posted by orionova View Post
    IMO he's still hot!
    Wanna see my grandkids?

pvezz Guest
    These are great pictures; Ich, sometimes I think you have your own secret internet search engine! I can't tell you how many of your links are saved to My Favorites

Sean Connery was sooooooooooooo fine!!! Too bad he's supposedly a douche.

radiojane Guest
    These are some a friend sent me today for my Phil Harris collection. They cheer me greatly I have an autographed photo of Phil Harris I bought of some old lady that collected star portraits back in the day, but my man won't let me hang it in our house!!! I'll have to scan it and put it up here some day.

The first is a publicity shot of Phil and Alice Faye with their daughters Phyllis and Alice. The second is Phil and Der bingle. The third is the happy couple themselves. (I always get a kick out of the Joan Benny story about how when the Jack Benny show cast saled for England shortly after Phil and Alice's wedding, nobody saw them for the entire trip because they never left their state room!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3205940.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	62.3 KB 
ID:	30257   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	00005.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	22.6 KB 
ID:	30258   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	U628949ACME.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	40.9 KB 
ID:	30259  
    Last edited by radiojane; 03-18-2011 at 01:30 PM.

radiojane Guest
    This is another with Alice Faye and Don Ameche

Name:	everything2.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	31.5 KB 
ID:	30260  

Quote Originally Posted by Martini View Post

The top picture is with Buster Keaton and the lower pic is Harold Lloyd Imagine being in the company of the 4 greatest comediens of all time!

Quote Originally Posted by Martini View Post

Thanks for posting such great pics! I love Stan and Ollie!

Quote Originally Posted by bulletnose View Post
    The top picture is with Buster Keaton and the lower pic is Harold Lloyd Imagine being in the company of the 4 greatest comediens of all time!

Do you know that story about Stan Laurel? He gave his famous hat to the kid who played Stymie on the Little Rascals and Stymie wore it on screen all the time.
    When you see Stymie think Stan Laurel.

Another thing about Stan Laurel, his daughter was terrified of Oliver Hardy
    because he was always kicking the shit out of his father in the movies so
    they had to make a few shorts where Laurel beats the shit out of Hardy. After that his daughter was fine with him.
    When you lose a parent you lose your past. When you lose a spouse you lose your present. When you lose a child you lose your future.
    R.I.P Kim: http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...336317&df=all&
    R.I.P Dad http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=93315851
    R.I.P Mom http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=97780420

Quote Originally Posted by Jerseysucks View Post
    Do you know that story about Stan Laurel? He gave his famous hat to the kid who played Stymie on the Little Rascals and Stymie wore it on screen all the time.
    When you see Stymie think Stan Laurel.

Beard had previous played baby parts in many films before signing a five year contract to play in Our Gang. In contrast to Farina, the character he replaced, Stymie was a slick-tongued con-artist who was always self-assured, nonchalant, and ready with a sly comment as well as clever ideas to solve the problems he faced. The character's trademark was a bald head crowned by an oversize derby hat, a gift to Beard from comedian Stan Laurel, who had also worked under Our Gang creator Hal Roach. Stymie is the only Our Ganger to both replace one of the original gang members (Allen "Farina" Hoskins) and be replaced by one that would stay on until the series disbanded, Billie "Buckwheat" Thomas.
    When you lose a parent you lose your past. When you lose a spouse you lose your present. When you lose a child you lose your future.

I had never seen a photo of Shirley Maclain when she was young until today. I think she was really pretty.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s_mclain_2.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	35.9 KB 
ID:	44912Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s_mclain.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	67.5 KB 
ID:	44913
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Do mind the pedestrian, Richard."
    - Hyacinth Bucket

Whenever I hear of "Buckwheat" all I can think of is the SNL skit about Buckwheat being shot and the film footage with Eddie Murphy as Buchwheat. Damn that was funny.

Nelliebean Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Domino View Post
    Whenever I hear of "Buckwheat" all I can think of is the SNL skit about Buckwheat being shot and the film footage with Eddie Murphy as Buchwheat. Damn that was funny.

Accept NO substitutes!!!

Wendy A. Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MiraculousMandarin View Post
    I had never seen a photo of Shirley Maclain when she was young until today. I think she was really pretty.

Yeah she was! Whenever I think of her, I picture her as the Wheezer from Steel Magnolias.

Bidmor Guest
    Shirley had a hilarious cameo in the original Ocean's Eleven. She played an intoxicated party girl whom Dean Martin had to distract so his cohort could gain access to a hotel's electrical room. Even playing drunk and in a fur coat she was hot.

Quote Originally Posted by Bidmor View Post
    Shirley had a hilarious cameo in the original Ocean's Eleven. She played an intoxicated party girl whom Dean Martin had to distract so his cohort could gain access to a hotel's electrical room. Even playing drunk and in a fur coat she was hot.
    Thank you so much. I haven't seen any of the Oceans Elevens's?, new or old. I'll be watchin the original pronto though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    - Hyacinth Bucket

Quote Originally Posted by bulletnose View Post
    You're wrong about the top picture being Buster Keaton if you were talking about the color picture. That picture is of Oliver Hardy.
    It was taken in 1956 after Stan Laurel had a stroke and Hardy lost a tremendous amount of weight.
    Here is a youtube video of them when that exact pic was taken. (Sorry about the German subtitles) and sorry if it's been
    posted already I guess I didn't catch it earlier.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoAEPtQKxQs
    Last edited by Jerseysucks; 01-08-2013 at 05:21 AM.

Agreed! Natural beauty, combined with an original look. Something that's pretty rare to see nowadays.
    "We've had threads about guys fucking picnic tables, animals and dead bodies. Third boob ain't going to stop a damn thing." - cleanskull

radiojane Guest
    Bidmor, I loved that scene. She did some cute movies in the 60s.

Bidmor Guest
    Thank you so much. I haven't seen any of the Oceans Elevens's?, new or old. I'll be watchin the original pronto though.
    The original 1960 Ocean's Eleven is on TCM tonight 1/8/13 at 7 pm central.

You Rock! I'm setting my DVR right now so I can watch it before I go to bed!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    - Hyacinth Bucket

I found these two pictures today. I think they are very cool.

Name:	hepburn_garner_maclain.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	232.3 KB 
ID:	44926 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	maclain_collins_beatty.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	395.7 KB 
ID:	44927
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    - Hyacinth Bucket

radiojane Guest
    That first one is from the children's hour. Three awesome actors in a really disturbing movie

The original 1960 Ocean's Eleven is on TCM tonight 1/8/13 at 7 pm central.
    Bid I'm curious about something you said the "original Oceans Eleven" was on. Was it really?
    The reason I'm asking is alot of times I see tv listings like "Fun with Dick and Jane" and they had it listed as the Jane Fonda one.
    You turn it on an it's the remake with Jim Carrey, Tea Leone and Alec Baldwin. Was your listing correct or did they throw George Clooney in your face?

Katrinawitch Guest
    Jerseysucks, that's one of my biggest pet peeves! There are movies I love, that the end up re-making (usually badly), and then anytime the movie's on TV, it's the bad remake, not the good, original one.

But yes, the original Ocean's Eleven was on Turner Classic Movies in December.

Billy Weathersby Guest
    TCM shows the original Sinatra version of Ocean's 11 a lot...including last night...I'm a fan of TCM and I have never known them to show a George Clooney movie...This movie also had the last screen appearance of old-time movie cowboy legend Hoot Gibson in cameo..

Bidmor Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerseysucks View Post
    Bid I'm curious about something you said the "original Oceans Eleven" was on. Was it really?
    The reason I'm asking is alot of times I see tv listings like "Fun with Dick and Jane" and they had it listed as the Jane Fonda one.
    You turn it on an it's the remake with Jim Carrey, Tea Leone and Alec Baldwin. Was your listing correct or did they throw George Clooney in your face?
    Quote Originally Posted by Katrinawitch View Post
    Jerseysucks, that's one of my biggest pet peeves! There are movies I love, that the end up re-making (usually badly), and then anytime the movie's on TV, it's the bad remake, not the good, original one.

But yes, the original Ocean's Eleven was on Turner Classic Movies in December.
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Weathersby View Post
    TCM shows the original Sinatra version of Ocean's 11 a lot...including last night...I'm a fan of TCM and I have never known them to show a George Clooney movie...This movie also had the last screen appearance of old-time movie cowboy legend Hoot Gibson in cameo..
    Yep, I sat a watched the original last night on TCM.

Jersey and Katrina...I agree but I've never known TCM to air a different film than described on the grid. When I had Fox Movie Channel (now FX Movies or something like that), it was common for them to run a totally different film than listed.

Billy...what character did Hoot Gibson play? I saw Shirley MacClaine and George Raft and Red Skelton, who got a screen credit. Who was Hoot?

Billy Weathersby Guest
    Yep, I sat a watched the original last night on TCM.

Jersey and Katrina...I agree but I've never known TCM to air a different film than described on the grid. When I had Fox Movie Channel (now FX Movies or something like that), it was common for them to run a totally different film than listed.

Billy...what character did Hoot Gibson play? I saw Shirley MacClaine and George Raft and Red Skelton, who got a screen credit. Who was Hoot?
    He was a guard at a roadblock...

Bidmor Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Weathersby View Post
    He was a guard at a roadblock...
    Oh yeah...where he traded lines with Sammy?

Oh yeah...where he traded lines with Sammy?
    Holy cow! Sammy Davis was a babe in this movie. He was always a little annoying to me up until now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    - Hyacinth Bucket

ktkatinmn Guest
    BUMP - so I can find it again when I get home fro work =)

ktkatinmn Guest
    What a fabulous collection of photos!!!

To bad so many are no longer available.

Small but rare pic of Lucille Ball appearing live on "Joe Pasquali Show" back in May 1964. The show aired on AM 1400 WINC in Winchester, Virginia. Pasquali is still with us.

Lucy & Gary Morton hanging around in downtown Winchester, Virginia back in May 1964.

Name:	lucy1.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	68.7 KB 
ID:	53489  
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by choff; 03-07-2016 at 04:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Homicide Cop View Post
    Who is this person.?
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

That is Don Knotts
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

One of my all-time faves.

Sharon by Alan Pappe in 1968.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	images.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	6.8 KB 
ID:	55101 At Patty Duke's house with her friend Barbara Bouchet also in 1968.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	49108952751_053ef0b98a_b.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	245.6 KB 
ID:	55103

Name:	tumblr_pichfc5qF51qaibzl_1280.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	53.7 KB 
ID:	55102  
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

BOGIE,could COOK?

YES.

Love,this movie.
    Last edited by pkstracy; 03-03-2022 at 08:39 AM.

Starry are you talking to yourself? Also it is against rules to post back to back you must wait thirty mins between posts in the same thread, I have combined your posts.

We need more old time hollywood photos.

OtherLondon - we do .My dad used to keep a big framed photo of Jimmy Cagney on his wall .He saw him once when he came to the UK , it was his pride and joy .

Quote Originally Posted by artymorty View Post
    OtherLondon - we do .My dad used to keep a big framed photo of Jimmy Cagney on his wall .He saw him once when he came to the UK , it was his pride and joy .
    Very cool.