Thread: After 43 years submerged cars found with bodies

GravesEnd Guest

After 43 years submerged cars found with bodies

Found by accident by a dive team testing sonar equipment. Five people went missing in November 1970. Not a well written article, they have dates and years mixed up. [addendum: they corrected their dates and time span, and updated about the cars being from two separate incidents].

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...old-cases.html
    Last edited by GravesEnd; 09-19-2013 at 11:37 AM.

Mammy Guest
    Wow, I love it when the really old cases get solved or missing people are finally found.

http://newsok.com/car-find-may-close...rticle/2314667 There is no telling how many bodies are in our lakes around the U.S. Don't drink the water.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

Back in the 60 IIRC two women coming home from a dance in Alphretta, GA, disappeared without a trace. Decades later, their car with their bodies inside it was found submerged in Lake Sidney Lanier. They had apparently run off the road.

In the late 70s or early 80s a young woman drove away from visiting her boyfriend and disappeared. Of course he was a suspect, but there was no evidence he disappeared her. He was smeared so bad he left the state. So a year went by and a fisherman found her car submerged in a lake or a river and she was in it. LE believes she accidentally ran off the road. But I'm sure there are people to this day who think he killed her.

And there's the old woman and her Karmen Ghia who disappeared into thin air in Miami, in the late 70s, I believe. They looked everywhere, including canals and the Miami River and they never found her.

I love cases like these too. You can get cookies and punch in the lobby. I'll shut up now.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

There is a lake here, Lake Worth, that is located not far from Jacksboro Hwy, that will probably reveal a whole host of stories if it ever dries up enough. This is an area where during the '20s-'40s serious gangster business was going on. Benny Binion was just one of the guys that moved up Las Vegas way. We had 'em all. Car bombs, police being paid off, big time gambling with big time names, etc.,etc. No doubt there are enough cars and bodies to keep everyone busy for a while. And few of them would be accidents

Wendy A. Guest
    I hate to see what's in the Ohio River if that was ever drained or properly searched~ eww

Reminds me of Ghost Story...

Reminds me to drink bottled water. I like smart water. It's steam distilled. Free of drowned bodies particulates and fish poop.

Meow Guest
    Reminds me of my cousin who disappeared in the early 1970s. Sadly, her parents and a sibling died never knowing what had happened to her. Significantly, she saved me from drowning in 1965 when I was very young. She was great; and there is some degree of closure despite only knowing how she died so many years after the fact. Her name was Betty, named after my mom.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2J4gcWuHNJA

Imagine if they could drain and look in all the swamps, lakes and the off shore area's off New York and New Jersey. Even the Great Lake area around Chicago. Talk about a body farm.

Waste of a perfectly good camaro.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

babyblujems Guest
    Reminds me of Commins Pond here in town. Not because I think people are driving into it but because there is a drainage style pipe located in the water right off the shore on the back side. People fish and swim in the lake and since my boyfriend, who almost got sucked into the pipe, told me about it I've always wondered if there were people in there. And of course I found all this out a little before Molly Bish's body was found so I spent a good deal of time wondering if it was there. (And for those of you who don't know, no it wasn't)

GravesEnd Guest
    They are saying it was now two separate cars from different times. One in the early 60s with three people, and the other in 1970 with three people, nearly 10 years apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Lynn View Post
    Reminds me of Ghost Story...
    Same here but x 43. Can you imagine, lol.

Leigha Guest
    What an interesting story.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	article-2424175-1BE3F0A8000005DC-160_634x354.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	36.6 KB 
ID:	48229

Jimmy next to his brand new 1969 Camaro. Apparently he had the car for 6 days before he went into the lake. He worked at a grocery store and bought the car himself.

The other car must have gone in before him due to it's age but they ended up resting next to each other. Like some deathly drive in movie.

I am a horrible person becuase as a car lover I too said "OMG a brand new 69 Camaro wasted like that."

He told his parents he was going to a football game but his friend Wayne said they were really going hunting out at the lake. He was supposed to go too but decided not due to room in the car. It was at night. I wonder if Jimmy or one of the other teens were racing up and down the boat ramp becuase it looks really long in the photos. Probably not something a 16 year old with a brand new muscle car in hand could resist and with speed ended up dumping it into the lake, all drowning in the dark. Kind of like the kid with the BMW on that private air strip who ended up going off at 140 and killing everyone even though he knew the air strip.
    Last edited by Leigha; 09-18-2013 at 11:33 AM. Reason: spelling error

Tigon Man Guest
    There are plenty of real life encounters with ghost cars. One that springs to mind is the ghost car of one specific Scottish Island, that drives at great speed around the narrow roads, with only one working headlight before disappearing.
    There is also the ghost bus of Kensington London. Seen frequently from the 1930's onwards the bus turns into Ladbroke Grove before vanishing..
    As for cars in lakes, well no one wants to spend enternity trapped in a rusting hunk of metal under the water, it's not surprising that they sometimes...come back.

lovemymonkey Guest
    Yet another reason Im a pool girl, not a lake girl lol

Taggerez Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by seurtoFW View Post
    There is a lake here, Lake Worth, that is located not far from Jacksboro Hwy, that will probably reveal a whole host of stories if it ever dries up enough. This is an area where during the '20s-'40s serious gangster business was going on. Benny Binion was just one of the guys that moved up Las Vegas way. We had 'em all. Car bombs, police being paid off, big time gambling with big time names, etc.,etc. No doubt there are enough cars and bodies to keep everyone busy for a while. And few of them would be accidents
    Jacksboro Highway, the real Thunder Road. Lots of mean-ass road houses on that stretch in the 1950s, I've heard that many of the old hangouts and robber's roosts were torn down when they widened it.

Several years back, east of Houston, divers were searching for a car that went into the river and pulled out another car with the driver's remains still inside. The guy had gone missing in 1961, Last time his wife had heard from him was after he called her from a diner in Port Arthur to tell her he'd be home (Katy, Texas) soon. She had wondered what happened to her husband for about 50 years. He had apparently driven off the road and into the Old and Lost River.

JudyAnn Guest
    I've posted about this before, but I have a relative who disappeared without a trace in the early 70's. These stories always get my attention, as I seem to be the only one left in my family who is interested/cares/wonders/hopes that in my lifetime, we'll find out something - a body or oddly, that relative is still alive. I heard about this today and wondered if it could be my relative, but the geography and years don't at all match. Darn.

You know it's got to be a huge relief to the families.

RebelRocker Guest
    this story reminds me of the case not too long ago about Juliani Cardenas. He was kidnapped by his mothers ex boyfriend and he drove himself and juliani into the canal. before they found the ex boyfriends car, they pulled up several cars before finding juliani.

http://www.modbee.com/2011/02/01/153...-in-delta.html

pwem Guest
    Wow, interesting thread!

Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    http://newsok.com/car-find-may-close...rticle/2314667 There is no telling how many bodies are in our lakes around the U.S. Don't drink the water.
    Kinda makes one think. The Potomac River isn't too far from me. Several years ago a group of scouts decided it would be a good thing to clean up a section of the river and to earn the badges too. They found quite a few trash bags dumped into the river containing the remains of dogs, cats, rabbits and even a metal cage with hamsters still inside the cage with its toys. Of course the scouts were shocked as well as many other folks, nobody knew why they were there. That is until some of the old timers in the area said that back in their day sometimes when a child misbehaves as "punishment" a parent ( usually the dad ) would kill the child's pet and in the middle of the night take the dead animal dump it into the river.

Elixson Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    Reminds me to drink bottled water. I like smart water. It's steam distilled. Free of drowned bodies particulates and fish poop.
    Most brands of bottled water use water from lakes -- lakes filled with corpses.

They add flavor.

Mammy Guest
    Scott Javins went missing from Terre Haute, Indiana in 2002 and his body was found in a submerged car in 2007.

http://tribstar.com/local/x115572555...th-an-accident

I know foul play is suspected in the case of Richard Petrone and Danielle Imbo. They have been missing for 8 years and the vehicle they were in has never been found. I've wondered if they are underwater somewhere in a submerged vehicle.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/br...ppearance.html

Bidmor Guest
    Hence the phrase "sleeping with the fishes".

Quote Originally Posted by Bidmor View Post
    Hence the phrase "sleeping with the fishes".
    They were wrapped in newspaper?
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Very interesting story; I hope the families of those victims do get some kind of relief though once all of said victims are positively identified.

Mammy Guest
    I would think a lot of their family members are already dead.

RebelRocker Guest