Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Crime Scenes of the Past

cachluv Guest

Crime Scenes of the Past

Hello all

I know this is not exactly about celebrity's----awhile back on Ogrish.com I saw a photo from I believe the '30s. A man had beaten his wife and child to death, they died lying on the floor head/toe to each other, hands outstretched trying to reach each other. The crime scene photos were heartbreaking. The whole room was covered in blood. Anyone ever see this? Anyone know where I can find a copy or link??

2. 10-20-2007, 05:49 AM

Lisamarie Guest
    Wow sounds like an awesome pic! I have a great book called evidence thats has allot of really cool death shots from the 30s...really intresting stuff. Maybe its in there?? Ill take a look!

cachluv Guest
    THANKS!! I even have tried going back to Ogrish and can't find it again there.

Thanks to Milton as well, for the free PR.

I am always cruising weird ass web sites, I'll keep an eye out.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

Jazbabee Guest
    How about contacting the webmaster at Liveleak ???? Since Ogrish became Liveleak, maybe that stuff has been archived somewhere, and they may be willing to help you out. Ya never know, unless you try ??
    Quote Originally Posted by cachluv View Post
    THANKS!! I even have tried going back to Ogrish and can't find it again there.

Thanks to Milton as well, for the free PR.

Kathyf Guest
    I
    will look too.

Bashterd Guest
    Always surfing for the totally morbid I will keep my eyes open and my key board clickin!!!!!

Danny62 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cleanskull View Post
    I am always cruising weird ass web sites, I'll keep an eye out.

same here, and I have found some major weird ass ones to!!

cachluv Guest
    Thanks all!!!!!!

See if you can find out some names of photographers from that era who did this type of work. There may be a site dedicated to their work and the image may be amongst that lot.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

cachluv Guest
    Great idea Neil, thanks

A-Googling I go...................

DeadRinger Guest
    I think there was one particular photographer from the 1930s that did this kind of work - Arthur Fellig, aka Weegee The Famous. Try Googling him, cach.

Boxofpandoraz Guest

Crime Scene Photos...

I did a search before hand but found nothing that had this link...but then I may not have been looking in the right place.

A friend of mine sent this to me...

See the kinds of things I get for Valentine's Day! HA!

There are NOTHING but dead pics here...but they're all linked so you can choose which you want to view at your own discretion!

Happy Valentine's Day, fellow Death Hags!

http://www.members.tripod.com/~Vanes...enephotos.html

Bigfoot Guest
    That site is sooooo cool! Thanks!

Boxofpandoraz Guest
    I'm always on the lookout for stuff I can pass on...I've learned from, and enjoyed so much stuff that everyone here has posted I was hoping to find something cool to share!

I just hope it's not a repeat somewhere else...If it is, the mods may do as they will with it.

You rock! Thank you!

LOL I was expecting the pics from Capone's Valentine's Day massacre.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

tuesdays_jupiter Guest
    awww...what a wonderful v. day prezzy!

Thank you!

Boxofpandoraz Guest
    Upon further inspection, the rest of the site seems to be pretty interesting as well, there are several case studies that I saw...I'll definitely be meandering around the site to see what I can see!

Glad you guys are enjoying it, too!

And really...is there anything more appropriate to give a death hag on Valentine's Day? LOL!

lisalouver Guest
    I have seen most of those before, but had not seen the ones of the kids from the Colombine thing...those were interesing.

I work as a death investigator, so I see these types of things all the time, but for some reason, the old ones always facinate me.

Thanks for the link!

Lita Guest
    This is the bestest Valetines Day gift ever!

malaki Guest
    THIS IS COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...A person is so use to seeing the one crime photo of Elizabeth Short it was so interesting to see all those others of her..Thanks!!!!

endsleigh03 Guest
    Those Elizabeth Short photos are nasss-teee.
    Thx for the link tho, BoxOfPandoraz.

RaRaRamona Guest
    This was posted inside a thread that could probably never be found anyway. That's probably why you are thinking it's here (b/c it is!) It's good to have a fresh post for it, regardless. Thanks!

cindyk Guest
    ive come across this site before, but lost it, so thanks! the one of dylan klebold & eric harris really gets to me even though its not nearly as gorey as some of the others.. i think its just because of what they did and how they must've felt about themselves, etc.

Boxofpandoraz Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RaRaRamona View Post
    This was posted inside a thread that could probably never be found anyway. That's probably why you are thinking it's here (b/c it is!) It's good to have a fresh post for it, regardless. Thanks!
    Ah...There's Ramona! Seen the mime lately?

Thanks for the head's up...I know how sensitive it can get around here about reposting information that's already available elsewhere...And I should've guessed that such a veritable treasure trove of haggery had already been spotted by someone with a quicker posting finger than my own.

Just didn't wanna ruffle any feathers, is all.

As for which one struck me the most? (A conversation I'm glad is coming up! Let's discuss!)

I did a literal *gasp* at one of the Manson photos in particular...I believe it was Frykowski...I was discussing it with my friend and asked her..."Wasn't once or twice ENOUGH!?!?"

But yes, Klebold & Harris' photos are pretty tough too...Knowing what havoc they'd just created.

RaRaRamona Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxofpandoraz View Post
    Ah...There's Ramona! Seen the mime lately?

No, and he didn't pretend to send me flowers today either.

The Columbine pics were viewed through fingers so they weren't too terrible. I couldn't look at all of the Manson ones. Maybe I'll try the fingers again.

..................................................................................... ............

Okay that wasn't so awful. Talk about overboard. Those murders were just the worst overkill I've heard of.

Mrs. Watson Guest
    Great link.

I see you're a romantic like me, Pandoraz.

Happy Valentine's Day.

Boxofpandoraz Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Watson View Post
    Great link.

I see you're a romantic like me, Pandoraz.

Happy Valentine's Day.
    Absotively Posolutely!

In my eyes...Nothing says "I Love You" like a heart that's stopped beating...

RaRaRamona Guest
    ........and covered in cheese.

::shudder::

Boxofpandoraz Guest
    No, and he didn't pretend to send me flowers today either.

The Columbine pics were viewed through fingers so they weren't too terrible. I couldn't look at all of the Manson ones. Maybe I'll try the fingers again.

..................................................................................... ............

Okay that wasn't so awful. Talk about overboard. Those murders were just the worst overkill I've heard of.
    Mimequin Phoenix is a BASTARD!

In the Manson documentary as viewed through Axl's AMAZING (and addictive! GAH!) documentary thread...

One of the women was speaking of being unable to follow through with the stabbing of Mrs. LaBianca initally...So Tex came back and finished the job on her behalf. He then came out of the room and handed her a knife and told her to "Do Something" because Charlie had wanted everyone "to get their hands dirty"...

That video was also the first time I'd ever heard Manson speak, other than reading interviews and stories and such I'd never actually heard the man talk...I had chills. There is just something inherently EVIL about that man...I think that's what I felt most while viewing the photos.

Boxofpandoraz Guest
    ........and covered in cheese.

::shudder::
    Were you looking at a different webpage???

I don't recall the human heart covered in cheese...but I'd sure like to see it!

RaRaRamona Guest
    Nooooo I'm just kidding.

RaRaRamona Guest
    ........um and YUCK!

Boxofpandoraz Guest
    ........um and YUCK!
    Says you...

(I'm thread-jacking my own thread...)

RaRaRamona Guest
    There's a name for that disorder. I think it's called a case of the Jasons.

Gorey Guest
    Thanks I already have the site bookmarked so I can go back again and again. Soooo Cool!!!!

Daphne Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxofpandoraz View Post
    I did a search before hand but found nothing that had this link...but then I may not have been looking in the right place.

A friend of mine sent this to me...

See the kinds of things I get for Valentine's Day! HA!

There are NOTHING but dead pics here...but they're all linked so you can choose which you want to view at your own discretion!

Happy Valentine's Day, fellow Death Hags!

http://www.members.tripod.com/~Vanes...enephotos.html
    Yeah, this sight has been posted all over the forums.... its a good one.

cynnbox Guest
    thanks for the link...not a good one to look at before lunch. will check out afterwards.

I CANT LOOK! some dayz im brave some dayz not!!!
    may the forces of evil get confused on the way to your house

Maruz83 Guest
    That was the best !!!!!

RLR12 Guest
    I came across this site once before and the ones that actually bothered me the most were the two Chi Omega sorority murders. That is the same sorority I belonged to in college and it kind of feels like I'm looking at a relative or friend or something. I didn't join until over 10 years after the murders but there is a nationwide rule because of the killings that is still in existence today - we were not allowed to have guys upstairs in the sleeping area of the house. Don't know why - it's not like Ted Bundy was invited up there by one of the girls. He invited himself up. Rule never stopped us from having guys up there but guess they felt they had to do something...........

dovescry1999 Guest
    Sorry Guys...
    I thought I could handle it all. I had seen the Tate/LaBianca pics before, and had nightmares for weeks, so I don't want to see those. Liz Short ?Never!
    But those Columbine Shooters...What a fucking waste ! Why didn't they just go kill themselves, and leave everyone else alone ?
    No, I could not go past that page. I can't get the guts up to do it yet...
    Guts!!! (She trips over her chair, as she runs to spew her lunch up in the bathroom...)

Daphne Guest

You are absolutely correct!

Crime Scene/Autopsy Photos on Websites

I have a website about serial killers and violent criminals. At first I was not going to post crime scene photos, but thanks to my own curiousty and reader demand I have ended up putting up several. I really try not to sensationalize or exploit, and the website is not one of those Look-at-this-guy's-brains-how-cool type things. I try not to be flippant about it. Because I like hearing other people's opinions, how do you guys feel about websites that have crime scene and/or coroner's photos? Do you feel it's disrespectful in any situation, or necessary to understand the crime/criminal? Thanks for your opinions!

TrueBlueAngel Guest
    Point me in the right direction, I'd like a look please. When it comes to criminals and serial killers, there's nothing disrespectful about it - why should there be?

Lita Guest
    I think it's human nature to wonder about what makes a serial killer turn into a serial killer. I think people are fascinated by the question of if some people are born evil or are made that way.

cynnbox Guest
    so where is the link?

RaRaRamona Guest