Thread: Eydie Gorme

ajlposh Guest

R.I.P. Eydie. Loved your song "Blame It On The Bosa Nova".

RIP
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Professional Thread-Killer

1karenhb Guest
    I loved Steve and Eydie over the years. I knew she had retired from the act a few years ago. Sorry to hear of her passing.

A great singer, alone or with Steve. RIP Eydie.
    Today you could be standing next to someone who is trying their best not to fall apart. So whatever you do today, do it with kindness.

Here is a really good detailed article from 20 years ago, with many details about Steve and Eydie's backgrounds (they were married the same day as Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward, who then acted as their witnesses) and the early death of one of their two sons from a heart ailment.

http://www.nytimes.com/1992/09/10/ga...ted=all&src=pm

This is the same article as presented in the first post, but complete, with more details.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...me-dies-at-84/
    Last edited by Linnie; 08-10-2013 at 06:32 PM.

Bayou Queen Guest
    Remember her well, what a fabulous voice. R.I.P. Eydie.

Steve and Eydie where a classy couple. RIP Eydie!
    It's hard to ride at night...on your bicycle with no lights to guide...just take a chance and ride. Olson and Louris

Another piece of old Hollywood gone. Always makes me feel older.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

RIP. I can remember seeing them on the old variety shows from the late 60's, early 70's. They were always on Bob Hope's shows or Carol Burnett's show. I think Steve did a lot of appearances on the Love Boat and Fantasy Island too.

It's funny, not too long ago I found an SNL video clip of Phil Hartman doing Sinatra and he had Eydie and Steve on there (portrayed by Victoria Jackson & Mike Myers).
    Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils.

Arky67 Guest
    Steve and Eydie were like peanut butter and jelly. They just went together. So sad for Steve. RIP Eydie.

One time I was in California and went into a store in Long Beach. The first thing I saw when I entered the store was a framed autographed photo of Steve and Eydie. R.I.P. Eydie.
    Last edited by Desert Ghost; 08-12-2013 at 09:11 PM.

I actually saw Steve Lawrence and Eydie Gorme in concert back in 1986 in Baltimore. Interesting story about how us two young guys ( we were 18 at the time ) had ended up seeing them. My friend's mother had bought us tickets to see of all of people Metallica and Ozzy Osbourne. We made the drive to Baltimore only to discover the concert we had tickets for was two days later ( yeah we should've saw the date on the tickets but whatever ). Anyway there was a concert that night..Steve & Eydie !! Instead of driving back home we decided to see that show instead thinking it would be a hoot, something to laugh at. Actually imagine our surprise when Steve and Eydie put on a hell of a show. We loved it even though it was clear neither me or my friend were in their demographic LOL.

True, I'm old enough to remember all those shows.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

steve6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by choff View Post
    I actually saw Steve Lawrence and Eydie Gorme in concert back in 1986 in Baltimore. Interesting story about how us two young guys ( we were 18 at the time ) had ended up seeing them. My friend's mother had bought us tickets to see of all of people Metallica and Ozzy Osbourne. We made the drive to Baltimore only to discover the concert we had tickets for was two days later ( yeah we should've saw the date on the tickets but whatever ). Anyway there was a concert that night..Steve & Eydie !! Instead of driving back home we decided to see that show instead thinking it would be a hoot, something to laugh at. Actually imagine our surprise when Steve and Eydie put on a hell of a show. We loved it even though it was clear neither me or my friend were in their demographic LOL.
    I myself was surprised when I saw them right after they said they would retire. I didn't realize how much humor would be in the show. they were frickin' hilarious. I was so flattered that they put my review on the site http://steveandeydie.com/ (search for register). and I previously got to interview steve, who is one of those people who is exactly who they appear to be. we are losing this kind of entertainment and entertainers. sad.

phirerednga Guest
    RIP

I used to have their version of "This Could Be the Start of Something Big" on my alarm clock.
    Knowlege Comes With Deaths release

Heaven's on the pillow,it's Silence competes with Hell

"If you don't go to other peoples' funerals,they won't come to yours."-Yogi Berra

Quote Originally Posted by choff View Post
    Love this!

I had a vision in my head of Steve & Eydie singing a cover of a Metallica song to appease you and your friend (just a pipedream, but would've been killer, right?). It might have sounded something like this (Richard Cheese's "Enter Sandman"):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jf-n3fAwpU4
    "We've had threads about guys fucking picnic tables, animals and dead bodies. Third boob ain't going to stop a damn thing." - cleanskull