Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Thelma Todd

I have little doubt that he snuck into the garage, or that he slapped her around a bit, but he didn't kill her.
    Not with nylons anyway.[/QUOTE]

True, I'm speculating. But sometimes those that seem to innocent are not..Thank you.

The mansion used to film Another Fine Mess still survives, wonderfully preserved (Thelma appeared in this with Laurel & Hardy). On youtube they've matched-up some screenshots with the mansion as it is now.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uS_9IFqg9A

Quote Originally Posted by Dave62 View Post
    The mansion used to film Another Fine Mess still survives, wonderfully preserved (Thelma appeared in this with Laurel & Hardy). On youtube they've matched-up some screenshots with the mansion as it is now.
    That's a great find - and they match up locations/scenes from other movies too.
    Fascinating stuff - thanks for posting!
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave62 View Post
    Thank You great find.
    Carolyn(1958-2009) always in my heart.

Thelma Todd is an icon of the old, old, Hollywood era. She was a well known, sexy, comedian alongside the Marx Brothers as well as Laurel and Hardy.
    After all these decades, I wonder if another autopsy review would show anything as yet unknown. She was brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by PooBah McGee View Post
    Thelma Todd is an icon of the old, old, Hollywood era. She was a well known, sexy, comedian alongside the Marx Brothers as well as Laurel and Hardy.
    After all these decades, I wonder if another autopsy review would show anything as yet unknown. She was brilliant.
    It's entirely possible I think that they could recover DNA from Stan even after all these years.
    That would certainly put to rest the conspiracy theories that he wasn't involved; although it still wouldn't serve as conclusive proof that he did the deed, only that he was in intimate contact with her. A lot of the "Stan didn't do it" folks will continue to dismiss even the strongest evidence to the contrary in order to shore up their theory.

Thelma was cremated, her cremains were buried with her mother. Stan and Ollie were cremated as well. Not to veer away from the subject, so was Anna Anderson, the most-famous of the Anastasia Romanov claimants. Before Anderson's death she had surgery, a small portion of her intestine was removed and this was used in the DNA testing done once the Romanov's remains were unearthed. But that, as I said, is a different subject altogether from Thelma. All these serve as examples of how it's virtually impossible to retrieve DNA from cremains.
    Last edited by Dave62; 02-16-2020 at 07:08 PM.

Sounding more and more like the perfect crime.
    And you've really got to hand it to Stan - that was nothing short of criminal genius.
    It would be decades before anybody had ever even heard of DNA testing, but he had the foresight to incinerate all of the evidence.
    Makes you wonder what other crimes he might have had a hand in that will now remain forever unsolved.

Another unsolved murder. Even if she was exhumed today, she'd probably be merely skeletal. What could be learned by examining her?

True, and good point.
    Many celebrities of today could be exhumed decades, even hundreds of years after their deaths, and in addition to their bones would still offer up breasts and lips and chins and cheeks and even eyes of various colors.

Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    True, and good point.
    Many celebrities of today could be exhumed decades, even hundreds of years after their deaths, and in addition to their bones would still offer up breasts and lips and chins and cheeks and even eyes of various colors.

Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    Sounding more and more like the perfect crime.
    And you've really got to hand it to Stan - that was nothing short of criminal genius.
    It would be decades before anybody had ever even heard of DNA testing, but he had the foresight to incinerate all of the evidence.
    Makes you wonder what other crimes he might have had a hand in that will now remain forever unsolved.
    So true, the perfect crime (murder) by Stan Laurel.

Stan Laurel did not kill Thelma.
    No More Stolen Sisters.

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    Stan Laurel did not kill Thelma.
    Umm, sorry but not true.

I want to believe in Bigfoot.
    I want to believe that UFOs are real and that they come from other planets.

But I have to recognize that there is simply, absolutely, zero credible evidence that Bigfoot or UFOs are real, even though almost everybody these days is walking around with a camera in their purse or pocket.

No pictures, no physical evidence of any kind.

I want to believe that Stan was a nice guy and that he didn't kill Thelma, but I have to recognize that there is simply zero evidence to support - much less prove - that he didn't murder her in that garage that night so long ago.

You have to think that if he really didn't do it as some people claim, that some kind of evidence would have surfaced during all these years.
    And then, there was, The Book:

book.jpg

Sad but true, Stan laurel is a murder.

Quote Originally Posted by theotherlondon View Post
    Umm, sorry but not true.
    there is no proof he did. He was never a suspect. He did not kill her.
    No More Stolen Sisters.