Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cory Monteith

Santana Guest

Cory Monteith

harlequin_clown Guest

Cory Monteith

http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/14/showbi...ead/index.html

Very VERY sad. I have a pretty good idea what the cause was, but there's going to be an official ruling with the autopsy, so we'll know for sure. It's just awful. My poor daughter's heart broke

Santana, please do a search before you start a new thread.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

xXSTL_AngelXx Guest
    Very sad indeed. :-(

Alycat32 Guest
    This one was one of those ones I didnt believe at first. Very sad.

Quote Originally Posted by harlequin_clown View Post
    http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/14/showbi...ead/index.html

Very VERY sad. I have a pretty good idea what the cause was
    I just found this on google after reading your comment and then wondering what you meant:

http://www.tmz.com/2013/04/01/cory-monteith-rehab-glee

Just so sad. Why the hell do people do drugs. Seriously. WHY?
    You robbed an international house of pancakes. How waffle-Harry T. Stone

Twitter: @rchamberlain87 Follow me if you want. Just play nice.

Only the good die young....

Absolutely shocking and sad. An obscene loss of talent. It'll be very interesting to see what the investigation and autopsy turn up.

The articles I've read are reporting he was found around noon Saturday. How in the hell did this not leak out sooner than 1am?

Article with video of Vancouver PD news conference announcing his death.

Meow Guest
    Very sad--- he grew up in my home town. But he was much "much" younger than me.

RIP Cory

babyblujems Guest
    He was on an episode of Masterchef...there was a team challenge in which they cooked for the cast and crew of Glee and you could tell he was messed up the whole time.

Very sad news. I thought it was a bad joke at first, but it wasn't.

This is really sad. When Glee first came out, I thought it was stupid, but then I started watching it on netflix- and ended up really enjoying it. (Don't judge). I wonder how they are going to handle this on the show. They'll probably have him killed off instead of just "leaving" I'm assuming. Any show that will do school shootings will do this too.

RIP Corey- you were really great on the show. Now there will be no happy ending with Rachel....
    Performing my signature monkey hump move since 10/16/2007...

RIP Dad- 11/14/1947 to 12/16/2013

I also really enjoy Glee and make no apologies for it. I started watching it with my daughter shortly after it first came on the air. I am very sad to hear of Cory's passing. If his death was indeed a drug overdose, I can't imagine the demons this poor man dealt with throughout the years. This has happened too many times to both celebrities and non-celebrities. I can't help but think that every single one of them probably started out with a desire to "just try getting high." Once that Pandora's box is opened, there's no telling where it's going to go.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

AussieBec Guest
    Its so sad another young one with so much talent

Arky67 Guest
    I didn't know him or his work, but we have lost too many bright young people to drugs. May he rest in peace.

Started using at 13, in rehab at 19, dead at 31. That's a pretty fast lane.

Bad news. I'm a closet Glee fan myself. He played one of my favorite characters. RIP.
    I am the king of all things stupid!

I saw this when I opened abc news this morning and my mouth dropped open. I too watch glee with my girls and always loved Finn he was just so sweet and relatable. I knew he'd been in rehab im just really sad to hear this news. He was dating lea Michelle wasn't he? Or had they broken up?
    Last edited by Gabby; 07-14-2013 at 07:51 AM.

Was abit shocked to see this when i opened the internet this morning, I wasn't an avid watcher of Glee but know a few of the characters etc, really sad to see Cory had substance abuse problems but he seemed to try and get it under control going into rehab, now i don't know yet wether his death is drug related or not until the tests come back so will not just assume that's what killed him until verified, i must admit i did tear up at seeing he had died and feel such sympathy for his girlfriend Lea and the Glee cast and of course his family and those who knew him and those who watched him on Glee Sleep peacefully Cory x

Seagorath Guest
    I actually quietly and privately watched the show. I liked the Sue character...the cheerleading coach. This guy, Finn, was one of the most popular characters...one of the leaders in the group.

Waaaaaaaaaaay too young. R.I.P. and blessings to his family and fans. Sad.

carrieanne Guest
    So sad. I fell in love with the show the first couple of seasons but after that they took a lot of focus off the "adults" and put too much on the "children". I enjoyed the Mr. Schuster/Sue Sylvester/coach "beast" and other grown-up story lines immensely and found myself less likely to watch when they started pretty much ignoring the "grown-ups". However, I loved Finn and Corey played him perfectly, feel so sad that he's gone, and am still shocked about it.

harlequin_clown Guest
    It's crazy how shallow teenagers are. Their problems are literally only skin deep. *eyeroll* I have been watching my daughter's Facebook posts between her and her friends and you know what they are the saddest about? Not that it was a potential OD, not that he was talented, not that he was so young BUT he was "just too hot to die"

Introvert Guest
    A lot of people will criticise the guy for his drug problems, but to get on drugs at the age of 13? That's not a rich young adult getting their kicks whilst being aware of the risks, it's not even a cry for help (at least initially), but it's a child who has been around some pretty screwed up adults somewhere down the line, and he's paid the price for it with his life.

I've never watched Glee and I have little interest in the show, but damn am I feeling this one. It's shocking to think that when he went into rehab earlier this year he'd already been a user for nearly twenty years, that's a long-term addiction.

Just to add, I've always found it interesting that many former addict, such as Russell Brand who is over a decade clean to my knowledge, still refer to themselves as junkies in the present tense. Brand wrote a piece about drug addiction a few months ago in a British newspaper and he said that, in spite of not touching even alcohol for so many years, as soon as anything negative or unexpected occurs in his life, his first response is "where can I get a fix?" It's truly a tragedy when people almost beat their demons but just cannot quite do it. RIP Cory.

Unapologetic glee fan here. I stopped watching in December because it got way too boring and I didn't care about the new characters at all. When the news broke last night I hoped it was a hoax. Very very sad indeed.
    "I'm not great at the advice, can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?"

After having watched very few episodes of Glee myself, this news was painful. Very painful. And I thought he was gonna pull through (which is more than I can say for other celebrities out there).

RIP Cory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Didn't know that was a thing...

When I read he was found dead at a hotel, I thought maybe he was so tormented that he checked in knowing he wasn't going to check out. But he had actually been with friends until late and was found when he missed his check out time. Sadly, the line between tolerance and overdose is very thin, so I wonder if he just misjudged what he could have.

There were times when I saw him and he looked happy, but there were just as many times he looked so sad. I feel for him and his family.

I actually feel a bit bad because I was looking at the news on my iPad this morning in bed, just saw the headline "Glee Star Dies" and the first thing that popped out of my mouth was "noooo not Puck!"

Pepper46 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by toddmanning View Post
    Just so sad. Why the hell do people do drugs. Seriously. WHY?
    Seems like the more successful they become, the more likely to follow the drugs. Why can't success and talent be enough?

I've been watching Glee since the beginning and even buy the music. I've even kept watching as it's slowly declined into a steaming pile of dog poop, because I truly enjoy the music and am invested in the characters. But anyway, this is shocking and sad. He was actually only a few months younger than me. I'm assuming it was drugs, but I'm praying it wasn't.

Seagorath Guest
    What was Cory running from? Why did he need the drugs to push his life away like that? He had money...fame...the adoration of many ladies around the world. His girlfriend is destroyed right now.

Wow. I lived much longer than Cory Monteith. Maybe not being rich is a good thing for some of us.

He hadn't been out of rehab that long, if it is drugs it will be the same old story. Get clean, start using again and still use the same amount you used to without realising you don't have the same resistance level you used to have. Instant overdose. I'm a Glee fan, or was until it started getting a bit rubbish. Always sad when someone dies young.

We are big time Glee fans in this house, and this news just hurts our hearts. RIP Cory.

Seagorath Guest
    So...maybe it WASN'T an overdose? Maybe he had a heart abnormality?

Quote Originally Posted by Introvert View Post
    A lot of people will criticise the guy for his drug problems, but to get on drugs at the age of 13? That's not a rich young adult getting their kicks whilst being aware of the risks, it's not even a cry for help (at least initially), but it's a child who has been around some pretty screwed up adults somewhere down the line, and he's paid the price for it with his life.
    Excellent point. I was surprised and saddened to hear he'd started using at age *thirteen*.

Quote Originally Posted by Nebula View Post
    I've been watching Glee since the beginning and even buy the music. I've even kept watching as it's slowly declined into a steaming pile of dog poop, because I truly enjoy the music and am invested in the characters.
    Heh! Now I don't feel so bad about getting into "Glee" (though I love Jane Lynch).
    Still, sad...RIP.
    "We've had threads about guys fucking picnic tables, animals and dead bodies. Third boob ain't going to stop a damn thing." - cleanskull

Either a drug overdose or his heart gave out due to the drug use and alcohol. I haven't watched Glee but I'll give it a shot.

Benion Guest
    No such thing as an old drug addict...

aunt-acid Guest
    I saw a friend on Facebook say that Finn was dead then a commenter mentioned Glee so I assumed they meant the character. 5 minutes of furious wikisurfing later and I worked out it was Cory Monteith instead. Sad but from what I've since read about him, not completely unlikely.

Is it bad that I'm really really hoping we get some Chris Farley-esque photos from this?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Since hearing of Cory's passing this morning i have had "don't stop believin" playing in my head all day, i hardly watched Glee, still quite sad about Cory i just keep thinking of his poor family and those close to him so so sad

I actually watched a few episodes this morning. It's funny- I remember not long after Jonathan Brandis died, I saw an episode of Saved by the Bell that he had a quick cameo in, and even though I wasn't a tremendous fan of his, I felt such a pang of sadness that I had to stop for a moment. I felt the same way this morning when I watched the episodes this morning.

And for those of you talking about the latest season being a big pile of dog poop, I heartily agree. But I still watched it and will most likely continue to watch it if they go on.
    Performing my signature monkey hump move since 10/16/2007...

RIP Dad- 11/14/1947 to 12/16/2013

harlequin_clown Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by michihunt View Post
    Wonder if they're taking reservations today. Beautiful hotel BTW it's kind of eerie to look at the suite and think about where he was found, know what I mean?

Elizabeth Guest
    I am a proud Gleek and have been feeling a little sad all day because of this.....he was a very talented actor/singer, and I can't imagine the show without him, although I am sure they will go on....he and Lea Michele have been dating since last year, and how hard will it be for her to go back to filming without him??

RIP Cory....you are loved and will be missed.....

Elizabeth Guest
    http://youtu.be/nf-zxD7IP10

Cause you're amazing, just the way you are......

He was my favorite actor on Glee. I loved his singing. I was so sad to hear about his death.

Shocked.... I just recently got hooked on the show (via netflix), and had no idea that the actor had a drug problem. Such a waste I am quite interested to see how they are going to deal with this on the show.

Also, a girl I work with posted about this on her FB, and somebody in the comments said "What!! How?!" and her boyfriend answered "serial piller", and that made me giggle
    Missing my Pa every day. RIP Daddy ❤️♥️

“Get drunk and sing Elvira”

I would watch the show on occasion.

Just out of high school and gone......so sad.

Seagorath Guest
    Glee is an addictive show. Once I started watching it I couldn't let it go. I love the Rocky Horror Picture Show episode...

Quote Originally Posted by aunt-acid View Post
    Is it bad that I'm really really hoping we get some Chris Farley-esque photos from this?
    You're not the only one hoping for those, aunt-acid.