Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Skylar Neese - WV Teen Murdered By Her Two Best Friends

Seagorath Guest
    Check out Rachel Shoaf's face. You can see the "defeat" in her eyes...and she's already developing the unattractively chubby and unhealthy looking prison face.

She is on her way to becoming a fat and "forgotten" carpet muncher.

http://www.wboy.com/story/26129554/s...ional-facility

Mammy Guest
    Yes, Skylar was cremated. If I'm not mistaken, some of her cremains were put into necklaces worn by her parents, but I can't find anywhere specifically stating it.

http://live.dominionpost.com/Friends...ly-mourn-Neese

Quote Originally Posted by Dulcinea View Post
    I am certain that Sheila is doing well in prison. She may not be thriving, but I'm sure she's adapted. Many people with personality disorders do not respond to 'punishment' or 'rewards'. They will simply adapt to the situation to continue being comfortable however they find themselves. Perhaps it is a type of coping behavior. Teenagers with this type of personality (borderline or full on sociopathic) will simply do what they have to in order to get their way and then move onto the next thing. If they get caught they will lie in order to get out of it and then next time they will still do what they want, but go about a different way to get it. There is NO rehabilitation or remorse, only self-fulfillment.

I doubt Sheila is thinking "I shouldn't have done this"... at this point she probably thinking... "Ok. I got caught. Now that I'm in prison, how can I manipulate this situation to get what I want?"

I sometimes think people who process things this way are only able to 'feel' in the moment and only when it relates to themselves. She will always think it was someone else's fault... even if she got caught with her hand in the cookie jar (so to speak) on video with several eye witnesses... she would try to lie it away. There are many people who fit this description, but not all of those are capable of murder.

From Merck Manuals: http://www.merckmanuals.com/professi....html#v1028939

Antisocial personality disorder:

Antisocial personality disorder (and the historically related disorder of psychopathic personality disorder) is marked by a callous disregard for the rights and feelings of other people. Affected people exploit others for materialistic gain or personal gratification. They become frustrated easily and tolerate frustration poorly. Characteristically, they act out their conflicts impulsively and irresponsibly, sometimes with hostility and violence. Typically, they do not anticipate the consequences of their behaviors and do not feel remorse or guilt afterward. Many of them have a well-developed capacity for glibly rationalizing their behavior and/or blaming it on others. Dishonesty and deceit permeate their relationships. Punishment rarely modifies their behavior or improves their judgment.

Antisocial personality often leads to alcoholism, drug addiction, promiscuity, failure to fulfill responsibilities, frequent relocation, and difficulty abiding by laws. Life expectancy is decreased, but the disorder tends to diminish or stabilize with age.

Antisocial personality disorder
    currently has no effective treatment. Patients can be noncompliant or exploitative. Clinicians need to be very aware of these tendencies and not allow patients to use treatment as an excuse to avoid social responsibilities

This is what I've been screaming for a while!!! Thank you!! Exactly!!

Quote Originally Posted by Seagorath View Post
    Check out Rachel Shoaf's face. You can see the "defeat" in her eyes...and she's already developing the unattractively chubby and unhealthy looking prison face.

She is on her way to becoming a fat and "forgotten" carpet muncher.

http://www.wboy.com/story/26129554/s...ional-facility
    Thanks for the link, Sea.

Seagorath Guest
    And sorry I'm so harsh on these girls and people like Susan Smith. I just hate the slaughter of innocence.

Has always disturbed my sensitive soul. :'(

Mammy Guest
    And sorry I'm so harsh on these girls and people like Susan Smith. I just hate the slaughter of innocence.

Has always disturbed my sensitive soul. :'(
    Most of us are with you on that!

Not all prisons are the same. So the one you went to may not have had all that, but someone I know that was in prison told me she was able to get her hair styled, and her nails done, they could wear light polish only, she could go to the commissary once a day at designated hours as long as she had money in her account and she got care packages from her family and friends, she shared a lot of what she had and did not have anything stolen from her.

Sea, yeah she does look defeated. Thanks for posting that.
    Last edited by pkstracy; 10-28-2014 at 08:46 AM.

PK, you make valid points. Each prison is different. Plus your personal risk/threat limit varies. I do have personal experience as many members here already know. I've been in several different prisons and they each have their own system. Some people hold up better and some people are more capable of defending themselves. It's very common for a few people to have way more shit than everybody else and it's common for some people to have their shit taken. Prison is as diverse as the free world. Shelia and Rachel may already have people watching out for them and they might already have people gunning for them. But I will say most people in there don't give a shit what they did to get there but some will naturally be afraid of them because they've proven their willingness to end a life. Rachel seems a little more remorseful and will likely settle in and eventually get paroled early while Shelia will probably keep some drama going and stay a bit longer. Shelia is a natural manipulator and will eventually learn to avoid trouble. Another batch of young girls will replace the interest of the long stayers and life will go on. Prison is miserable but you learn to live with it over time. Naturally you always want out but most people learn to avoid thinking about it too much.
    I am the king of all things stupid!

Seagorath Guest
    Wow, thanks, McMorbid. It's obvious you know what you're talking about. You handled it all well...came out of it stronger. You are a good man I sense.

Quote Originally Posted by McMorbid View Post
    PK, you make valid points. Each prison is different. Plus your personal risk/threat limit varies. I do have personal experience as many members here already know. I've been in several different prisons and they each have their own system. Some people hold up better and some people are more capable of defending themselves. It's very common for a few people to have way more shit than everybody else and it's common for some people to have their shit taken. Prison is as diverse as the free world. Shelia and Rachel may already have people watching out for them and they might already have people gunning for them. But I will say most people in there don't give a shit what they did to get there but some will naturally be afraid of them because they've proven their willingness to end a life. Rachel seems a little more remorseful and will likely settle in and eventually get paroled early while Shelia will probably keep some drama going and stay a bit longer. Shelia is a natural manipulator and will eventually learn to avoid trouble. Another batch of young girls will replace the interest of the long stayers and life will go on. Prison is miserable but you learn to live with it over time. Naturally you always want out but most people learn to avoid thinking about it too much.

Mammy Guest
    Wow, thanks, McMorbid. It's obvious you know what you're talking about. You handled it all well...came out of it stronger. You are a good man I sense.
    I totally agree!

I third that. I am still just blown away by this and Shanda's case. I just don't get how teens can think it's okay to kill someone. I never thought about killing someone when I was a teen. I did say a few times, I wish you would drop dead, but would never ever think to act on it. I guess I just had a parent who didn't try to be my best friend first, and I got my butt whipped if I acted up.

Seagorath Guest
    I'm growing sensitive to "torturous" murders and anything skillfully premeditated.

I can never get over how skillfully they planned it all. The timing. Skylar was doomed.

"I killed my BFF" on LMN (Channel 109 Dish network) now 10 pm cst - about Skylar et al

The Newsball guy kept posting on Twitter until Sept. 19, but then he fell silent there too. I think his 15 minutes are over.

Seagorath Guest
    Pretty pathetic 15 minutes if you ask me. lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Skiddledy Gumbo View Post
    The Newsball guy kept posting on Twitter until Sept. 19, but then he fell silent there too. I think his 15 minutes are over.

Quote Originally Posted by seurtoFW View Post
    "I killed my BFF" on LMN (Channel 109 Dish network) now 10 pm cst - about Skylar et al
    i watched most of this. Not sure what to think of it. At times I thought it showed either Shelia or Rachel in a better light and Skylar not always so great. JMO and of course i didn't see the entire episode. No matter what those two were psychos to act like they were so worried about her and wanted to find her. Reminds me of the Missy Avila case where her killer moved into her room at her parents pretending to be so concerned. These people suck.

Mammy Guest
    This case also reminds me a lot of Missy Avila's case.

jjropes23 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicbettie View Post
    i watched most of this. Not sure what to think of it. At times I thought it showed either Shelia or Rachel in a better light and Skylar not always so great. JMO and of course i didn't see the entire episode. No matter what those two were psychos to act like they were so worried about her and wanted to find her. Reminds me of the Missy Avila case where her killer moved into her room at her parents pretending to be so concerned. These people suck.
    I felt the same way, the whole episode felt like they were justifying what they did from start to finish. Completely screwed up!

Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    Me too. When I first read about it, it seemed so eerily familiar.

Doughbake1 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    Had never heard of that one so just googled it. A crime apparently borne of jealousy, and misplaced resentment for shit largely of their own jealous imaginations.

But the killing was obviously pre-planned and carried out with cold calculation, it seems to me - and one of the killers actually moved in with the family to console them and pretending to share their grief! Both those evil bitches got off way too lightly, it seems to me, and are walking about as free women once again now.

Should have been death or life without parole in my opinion.

Seagorath Guest
    I hope they update the mugshots of Shoaf and Eddy on a yearly basis...so we can watch the "decline." Shoaf lost her looks pretty fast. Eddy...her cuteness and youthfulness, that gives her any value, will slowly fade away. Her aging face behind bars will be hell on Earth for her. She will be begging Skylar for forgiveness. Eddy ain't strong enough to hack it...and make anything of herself now.

I don't know that "weak" is the right way to describe Shelia. As a psychopath, she's not fully human. She could have withstood any amount of pressure and not cracked the way Rachel did. But for her to be locked in a place for many years where there's no makeup, hair coloring, trendy clothes, thong underwear, access to social media, good food, fancy dentistry or men to manipulate must truly be hell.

Rachel is obviously depressive anyway so they'll have to keep her heavily medicated.

Seagorath Guest
    The "stories" of Rachel's outbursts and violent fits are very disturbing to me. Especially that 911 call her mom made...that captures Rachel in the background...screaming in pure emotional agony.

It's terrifying. It's Hell on Earth. The Shoaf couple and the Eddy couple, when they had sex, brought HELL into the world.

I hope they are proud.

(chanting ------> Ahhhhhh-Mennnnnn.)

PS ~ I still want to see the video of the Shelia and Rachel having sex. Murderers aren't human anyway.

doxiegal13 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by doxiegal13 View Post
    Wow, that really is them! Why haven't these been discovered before now?

Here's the link to Shelia's entire channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOu...A?spfreload=10
    Last edited by Skiddledy Gumbo; 11-29-2014 at 03:40 PM.

Wow great find!!

Doughbake1 Guest
    I have just spent some time viewing the sentencing of these two evil bitches and listening to some of the harrowing statements from Skylar's relatives.

That Shelia bitch looks utterly heartless and calculating - a true sociopath and no doubt the driving force behind this crime. She will always be dangerous and the realisation that she will get out someday is worrying, not to mention a travesty of justice in itself.

But in many ways, Rachel's role is the more twisted because she is as psychologically ordinary as the rest of us. Shelia behaved as sociopaths do - coldly and calculatingly, with no limits and no compassion, still less any genuine remorse. But Rachel was supposed to be a fucking devout Christian! Yet she willingly went along with this evil plan, actually helped plan it, and actively participated in the stabbing to death. Afterwards, showing no sign of remorse whatsoever, she continued to project herself as a devout Christian, going to church and all, comforting the families, but otherwise getting on happily with life - and all the while knowing what happened to Skylar.

Rachel was full of tears at her sentencing and gave a short statement expressing supposed remorse, and was tearful at some of the heartbreaking statements from relatives. But I suspect a massive amount of self-pity to be the real motivation for those tears. Because there was no compassion or remorse when she participated in the stabbing, there was no compassion or remorse when they calmly cleaned up afterwards. There was no compassion or remorse when the relatives were in anguish as she got on with her life in apparent happiness - still going to fucking church!

She might have talked of her Lord Jesus being in her heart and how she let Him down in what she did, but clearly she had no room in her heart for Him when she did these terrible deeds. So it's just a little bit too late to start talking of Jesus now, you evil bitch!

I hope the pair of these evil scum never get out alive, that someone somewhere in there prevents each of them from wasting any more oxygen before they can ever be released.

Otherwise, Rachel could be out in 15 years or so, trumpeting her remorse and praising Jesus. But when it mattered most, she only had room in her heart for Satan.

Evil bitches. Hope someone as evil as they are sets fire to them like the witches they are!

Quote Originally Posted by Doughbake1 View Post
    I have just spent some time viewing the sentencing of these two evil bitches and listening to some of the harrowing statements from Skylar's relatives.

That Shelia bitch looks utterly heartless and calculating - a true sociopath and no doubt the driving force behind this crime. She will always be dangerous and the realisation that she will get out someday is worrying, not to mention a travesty of justice in itself.

But in many ways, Rachel's role is the more twisted because she is as psychologically ordinary as the rest of us. Shelia behaved as sociopaths do - coldly and calculatingly, with no limits and no compassion, still less any genuine remorse. But Rachel was supposed to be a fucking devout Christian! Yet she willingly went along with this evil plan, actually helped plan it, and actively participated in the stabbing to death. Afterwards, showing no sign of remorse whatsoever, she continued to project herself as a devout Christian, going to church and all, comforting the families, but otherwise getting on happily with life - and all the while knowing what happened to Skylar.

Rachel was full of tears at her sentencing and gave a short statement expressing supposed remorse, and was tearful at some of the heartbreaking statements from relatives. But I suspect a massive amount of self-pity to be the real motivation for those tears. Because there was no compassion or remorse when she participated in the stabbing, there was no compassion or remorse when they calmly cleaned up afterwards. There was no compassion or remorse when the relatives were in anguish as she got on with her life in apparent happiness - still going to fucking church!

She might have talked of her Lord Jesus being in her heart and how she let Him down in what she did, but clearly she had no room in her heart for Him when she did these terrible deeds. So it's just a little bit too late to start talking of Jesus now, you evil bitch!

I hope the pair of these evil scum never get out alive, that someone somewhere in there prevents each of them from wasting any more oxygen before they can ever be released.

Otherwise, Rachel could be out in 15 years or so, trumpeting her remorse and praising Jesus. But when it mattered most, she only had room in her heart for Satan.

Evil bitches. Hope someone as evil as they are sets fire to them like the witches they are!
    In her confession, Rachel told the police that she wanted to go ahead and get Skylar's murder over with before she left for church camp.

Rachel is projected to be released after 15 years if she gets into no trouble behind bars. Shelia has no release date projected yet but it's reasonable to figure she'd serve 50 percent longer, or 22 years and six months, plus a bit of time for having sex with a male guard in juvie.

The thing is, they were 16 years old when they did it. If they had done it two years later, they'd be very old ladies when they got out.

I too wish Rachel had could serve longer but if she hadn't cracked it's quite possible that Skylar's few remains would never even have been found, let alone would Shelia and Rachel have been convicted. So...
    Last edited by Skiddledy Gumbo; 11-30-2014 at 06:55 PM.

Shelia was a huge fan of the Kardashians. That figures, doesn't it?

Rachel thought she was a great singer, but she wasn't.
    Last edited by Skiddledy Gumbo; 02-03-2015 at 06:35 AM.

So I just read Pretty Little Killers, I was just wow.... I recommend reading it, it actually gives a lot of insight to the girls and what was going on during the search for Skylar and about Rachael's breakdown and such, it also puts a lot of rumors to rest.

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    So I just read Pretty Little Killers, I was just wow.... I recommend reading it, it actually gives a lot of insight to the girls and what was going on during the search for Skylar and about Rachael's breakdown and such, it also puts a lot of rumors to rest.
    I'll have to see if I can find it. I can't say I know much about the case apart from what I've read on here and the few true crime documentaries I've watched on the subject so it would be good to read more about it.

I read it too & would recommend it as well. That poor family...

willow Guest
    Read it.. Still hate those little bitches. Pure evil.

Shellc, I got mine from Barnes and Noble, but Amazon has it as well. The author of the book used court documents, police reports and Skylar's diary, as well as interviewing a bunch of key players, It just breaks my heart to hear how some of Skylar's friends warned her about Shelia and Rachael, after hearing them as their biology teacher, what would you use to dissolve a body and in their conversation with each other during the same class they mentioned Skylar's name, Skylar just blew off her other friends' warning saying oh we joke about that a lot we play a game called how would you like to die.

This case is one of those I got especially interested in. She was such a beautiful girl, my god. And the absolute Hell her parents went through... I don't know, I just related to them somehow. And realized this could've been ANY of our daughters.

I think the -- I can't remember if they were tweets (I think so) or Facebook messages.... but those of the murderers after the fact, I just kept reading those, unable to accept that they'd been written by two girls who'd just viciously murdered their "BFF."

One of them said, "We really did go on three" (referring, of course, to how the murder was carried out: one of them counted to three, and they were just on her, no warning, no explanation, and they didn't stop until she was dead.)

So tweeting that they "really did go on three" says to me, "I did it and I don't give a damn at all." And that kind of indifference to human life, by girls who were seemingly as normal as any my own daughters hung out with... my god, that was just so hard to fathom.
    Regarding their sentence, I absolutely see NO reason they weren't given life in prison. They were absolutely old enough to understand precisely what they were doing. They discussed it, agreed on it, planned it, and carried it out. There are no mitigating circumstances that I can see that should've given them such short sentences. I get that it was their ages that played the biggest role in the leniency of the sentences, but damn, at least they get to grow up, Skylar never even got that chance.

If it were my child (oh God forbid) who's life had been taken, no way would I want them walking free ONE DAY that my child lay dead by their hand. They were not abused, they were never threatened by Skylar, they weren't some hard-ass girls living on the street who see violence every day as a part of life. No. They did this for one reason: because they are inherently evil. And they're gonna be just as evil when they do walk free. Pisses me off.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul! (Invictus)
    (And Timothy McVeigh's last words...)

Taupin,
    In the book, both police and the author think that is not what they meant when they said we really did go on three, but to me I feel that is exactly what one of them was talking about.

Mach2 Guest
    I find it almost impossible to believe the gorgeous,blue eyed Rachel is the same girl I saw sentenced in court. No resemblance what so ever. Dr Jeckyll and Mr Hyde.

PS: Rachel and Shelia are in the same prison.
    Last edited by Mach2; 05-09-2015 at 05:17 PM.

Mach2 Guest
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9awwezknNA
    At 5:30 in this video Rachel lets out a loud shrill scream for no reason. She then does it again in the video. Odd behavior. This is the car Skyler was riding in when they killed her. This was filmed prior to the murder.

Mach2 Guest
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7aDqv8w2xc

At 22:40 you hear Rachel screaming during her famous nervous break down that got her hospitalized. It's the same scream you heard in the vid I posted
    in my just previous post. So there you have it crazed screaming before AND after the murder. Was Rachel insane? She was new
    to Universitty High. Perhaps her mother transferred Rachel because she felt a change of schools may help solve behavioral issues
    the mother was already having trouble dealing with? Dunno. I'm just trying to understand how this sickening murder happened.

Shelia had a MySpace page, and Skylar was in the photo on Page 1. And get this -- Shelia called herself Cutie Pie! Yes, I'm sure that's exactly what she thought.

https://myspace.com/oxoxcutiepiexoxox

PurrPurr Guest
    Shelia had a MySpace page, and Skylar was in the photo on Page 1. And get this -- Shelia called herself Cutie Pie! Yes, I'm sure that's exactly what she thought.

https://myspace.com/oxoxcutiepiexoxox
    Looks like restricted access...wonder why?

Quote Originally Posted by PurrPurr View Post
    Looks like restricted access...wonder why?
    She could have set it up that way. Anyway it's amazing how active these girls were on social media. That they had so much time on their hands to devote to that stuff is regrettable. And I think that social media and the selfie have helped spawn a generation of narcissists.

I couldn't agree with you more Skid, my little cousin, who just turned 13, is so into facebook, she posted a selfie of herself doing the duck lips and I was like oh Jess, no, that is so not cool.

Mach2 Guest
    She could have set it up that way. Anyway it's amazing how active these girls were on social media. That they had so much time on their hands to devote to that stuff is regrettable. And I think that social media and the selfie have helped spawn a generation of narcissists.
    The selfie phenomenon blows me away. You'd think photography has just been invented.

Shelia and Rachel doing what they loved most -- photographing themselves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w__Kq5qSV60

Shelia and Rachel doing what they loved most -- photographing themselves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w__Kq5qSV60
    They look so stupid laughing over nothing. I never could figure out what the fuck it was that teenage girls find so fucking funny. They come through my drive-through all the time laughing so hard they can barely order. I wanna say, "Hey, tell me the joke. I wanna laugh, too!"
    "Tequila may not be the answer, but it's worth a shot."

"I just go here!"

"I am not psychic. I AM psychotic. BIG difference."

Quote Originally Posted by RiaBrown View Post
    They look so stupid laughing over nothing. I never could figure out what the fuck it was that teenage girls find so fucking funny. They come through my drive-through all the time laughing so hard they can barely order. I wanna say, "Hey, tell me the joke. I wanna laugh, too!"
    I got the impression they were laughing like that because they were so pleased with themselves. This was about six weeks before they butchered SKylar.

Psychological testing done on the killers showed that Shelia had psychopathic tendencies and Rachel had sociopathic tendencies. One of the most noteworthy aspects of this case is that in their mountain of posts on social media, neither displayed any antagonism toward Skylar. Police scoured all of them and had no inkling that they had killed her. Skylar, of course, was quite unaware of their hostility.

Investigators said that Shelia showed sophistication in deception and manipulation that they had never seen so highly developed in such a young girl. She's going to be released when she's in her early 40s, but she'll be a threat until the day she dies. She'll need to be watched closely.

ktkatinmn Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mach2 View Post
    The selfie phenomenon blows me away. You'd think photography has just been invented.
    LOL!

I have oodles of 'Self Protraits' from my teen years and bar hopping years. We just had to wait until the roll of film was complete and pay to get them developed. We are getting ready to move, and I came across that box that I have been toting around for 25+ years. We scanned them to the computer and burned all the hard copies.

And Skiddledy - How many more kids these days do you think are of Shelia's caliber out there walking around - planning to do the same thing that was done to Skylar?

Some days I feel so old-fashioned. We never dreamed of killing anyone, least of all someone we called 'friend'. Shit, when we had conflict, we took it out back at the end of the school day and duked it out and moved on. I went to an inner-city school, that is now trending for student beating up on TEACHERS. Unheard of!

Quote Originally Posted by ktkatinmn View Post
    LOL!

I have oodles of 'Self Protraits' from my teen years and bar hopping years. We just had to wait until the roll of film was complete and pay to get them developed. We are getting ready to move, and I came across that box that I have been toting around for 25+ years. We scanned them to the computer and burned all the hard copies.

And Skiddledy - How many more kids these days do you think are of Shelia's caliber out there walking around - planning to do the same thing that was done to Skylar?

Some days I feel so old-fashioned. We never dreamed of killing anyone, least of all someone we called 'friend'. Shit, when we had conflict, we took it out back at the end of the school day and duked it out and moved on. I went to an inner-city school, that is now trending for student beating up on TEACHERS. Unheard of!
    I don't think ther are a lot of girls out there like Shelia. She was a freak.
    Last edited by Skiddledy Gumbo; 04-01-2016 at 11:41 AM.

ktkatinmn Guest
    Plenty of freaks out there - compared to when I was their age. With all the electronic brain-suckers these kids are using to amuse themselves - and some parents are using as babysitters - and all of the acceptable violence depicted in the games (and what-all else), how can there not be more like her.

I can't imagine there being only one... God knows where then next one will show up.