Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Skylar Neese - WV Teen Murdered By Her Two Best Friends

Quote Originally Posted by ktkatinmn View Post
    Plenty of freaks out there - compared to when I was their age. With all the electronic brain-suckers these kids are using to amuse themselves - and some parents are using as babysitters - and all of the acceptable violence depicted in the games (and what-all else), how can there not be more like her.

I can't imagine there being only one... God knows where then next one will show up.
    There's something that's organically wrong with the brains of psychopaths. They're not created by their circumstances. That's why their numbers are not increasing. A certain small number of people are born to be that way. Kevin Trudeau and scammers like him are good examples. Some of them are more or less adaptive though and can become very successful. I think most big-time televangelists are psychopaths.

Personality disorders may be increasing though.

ktkatinmn Guest
    Thank you for the thoughtful response...I will have to read more on psychopaths - and other disorders of the like.

I will look into Kevin Trudeau - do you have other suggestions for comparisons? I don't want to read about televangelists LOL

ETA: "A quick example of the difference between a psychopath and a normal person is illustrated by a straightforward brain imaging test performed by Dr Hare. Different parts of the brain react to words or images, depending on the emotional content.

Tree vs Rape

Hare discovered that a normal reaction to the emotive word rape stimulates a different part of the brain to the word tree which lacks any emotional attributes. In a psychopath the response is the same: in other words there is a total absence of the emotional connection that appears in a normal person.This emotional dead zone partly explains why psychopaths can be totally detached - even when confronted with, or participating in, the most horrific, violent acts - indulging in cannibalism for instance. Such things are not abhorrent to them in the way they are to normal folk because there is no emotional connotation affecting them."

http://www.remorselessfiction.com/ps...chopathic.html ***note - I do not know the validity of this website - they just had a good explanation in understandable english.

Although I guess I don't necessarily want to read about why it's fairly common that serial killers are psychopaths...I see the Kevin Trudeau is a good example of them walking among us.
    Last edited by ktkatinmn; 04-01-2016 at 12:52 PM. Reason: Added

Quote Originally Posted by ktkatinmn View Post
    Thank you for the thoughtful response...I will have to read more on psychopaths - and other disorders of the like.

I will look into Kevin Trudeau - do you have other suggestions for comparisons? I don't want to read about televangelists LOL

ETA: "A quick example of the difference between a psychopath and a normal person is illustrated by a straightforward brain imaging test performed by Dr Hare. Different parts of the brain react to words or images, depending on the emotional content.

Tree vs Rape

Hare discovered that a normal reaction to the emotive word rape stimulates a different part of the brain to the word tree which lacks any emotional attributes. In a psychopath the response is the same: in other words there is a total absence of the emotional connection that appears in a normal person.This emotional dead zone partly explains why psychopaths can be totally detached - even when confronted with, or participating in, the most horrific, violent acts - indulging in cannibalism for instance. Such things are not abhorrent to them in the way they are to normal folk because there is no emotional connotation affecting them."

http://www.remorselessfiction.com/ps...chopathic.html ***note - I do not know the validity of this website - they just had a good explanation in understandable english.

Although I guess I don't necessarily want to read about why it's fairly common that serial killers are psychopaths...I see the Kevin Trudeau is a good example of them walking among us.
    Some people have claimed that Bill Clinton is an adaptive psychopath. I'm pretty sure Ted Cruz is one.

They tend to be smart, and they're very glib, amazingly good talkers. They can just start talking and never pause or say "uh" or "you know" or anything like that. And they know all the buzzwords that will push your buttons. They're very cool under fire, but when they finally do get flummoxed, they can display a shockingly volcanic temper.

The condition isn't treatable yet.

Best friends? Nah...Passive aggressive turncoats. I Can't stand turncoats, They are the worst cowards-
    and despise even more those who are murderous turncoats.
    The little Bit@h wh@res anyway.

Psychopaths are entirely without empathy. They know exactly how to fool you into thinking that they're empathetic, but they have no idea what that's actually like.

There have always been people like this around......it's just before the information that we have now wasn't available. 100 years ago something like this might have happened but never solved. Many kids simply dissapeared. The system we had to deal with orphaned kids created many broken people.

There were serial killers that were never discovered. Many of those who were caught were very depraved. Jeffrey Dahmer had nothing on Albert Fish.

Quote Originally Posted by john*thomas View Post
    There have always been people like this around......it's just before the information that we have now wasn't available. 100 years ago something like this might have happened but never solved. Many kids simply dissapeared. The system we had to deal with orphaned kids created many broken people.

There were serial killers that were never discovered. Many of those who were caught were very depraved. Jeffrey Dahmer had nothing on Albert Fish.
    That's true. A lot of things just didn't get talked about or found out about in the past.

Crime has actually dropped a great deal in the United States over the past 25 years. You'd never guess that by what you see in the media though.

Tony Robbins is another one of that ilk. He's even better at it than Bill Clinton, because he managed to scam Bill.

I agree with Ms Clendenen about this. The judge has already tossed the insurance company from this ill-considered suit, and he should do the same for the parents.

http://www.statejournal.com/story/32...seeks-judgment

After reading quite a bit about the case - being that their is quite a bit of documentation that Ms Clendenen aided both girls in avoiding detection and scrutiny by the police after the crime, I would think her culpability in particular would be worthy of consideration in this suit.

Quote Originally Posted by duffyman View Post
    After reading quite a bit about the case - being that their is quite a bit of documentation that Ms Clendenen aided both girls in avoiding detection and scrutiny by the police after the crime, I would think her culpability in particular would be worthy of consideration in this suit.
    I'm unaware of what she did in that regard. Could you fill me in?

Seagorath Guest
    Both of these girls deserve to be executed today via firing squad.

According to Pretty Little Killers, she gave Shelia access to a cell phone and social media after police had pretty much specifically asked that she not. Also, helped the girls coordinate their stories, and gave Rachel a spot to hide when she ran away from her lie detector test.

Seagorath Guest
    Sure the cops in WV jerk off to the sex video all the time.

I recommend ready Pretty Little Killers.

According to Pretty Little Killers, she gave Shelia access to a cell phone and social media after police had pretty much specifically asked that she not. Also, helped the girls coordinate their stories, and gave Rachel a spot to hide when she ran away from her lie detector test.
    If in fact she did those things, they were after Skylar's murder and didn't contribute toward it.

Quote Originally Posted by Seagorath View Post
    Sure the cops in WV jerk off to the sex video all the time.
    What is this a reference to?

Seagorath Guest
    The teenage lesbian sex video Skyler filmed of Shelia and Rachel doing the nasty lickety split.

Quote Originally Posted by Skiddledy Gumbo View Post
    What is this a reference to?

Shelia's 21st birthday is coming up on Sept. 28. Some of you might want to drop her a line and wish her many unhappy returns in the pokey, and remind her that she'll be over 40 when she finally gets out.

A very good documentary about this case that isn't loaded with the rumors, speculation and mind-reading that have marred several other productions about it.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2kkzwi

This is the site of Skylar's murder. Use your cursor to take a tour down either direction of this road, and you'll see that those two little devils took her to the middle of nowhere, 23 miles from her home, to kill her. They planned it meticulously for a long time.

http://virtualglobetrotting.com/map/...l/view/google/

If there ever was an open-and-shut premeditated first-degree murder case this was it.

This is the site of Skylar's murder. Use your cursor to take a tour down either direction of this road, and you'll see that those two little devils took her to the middle of nowhere, 23 miles from her home, to kill her. They planned it meticulously for a long time.

http://virtualglobetrotting.com/map/...l/view/google/
    Hope the EVIL bitches rot in hell where they belong! Freaks.
    Last edited by hisandhearse; 10-26-2016 at 05:54 PM.

That episode of See No Evil was a good one (I love that show) and that link is one I'm saving, lots of good videos on there.

There is another show about it coming up (maybe it was on tonight, I wasn't home), called Suspicion, on ID.

Quote Originally Posted by atomicbettie View Post
    That episode of See No Evil was a good one (I love that show) and that link is one I'm saving, lots of good videos on there.

There is another show about it coming up (maybe it was on tonight, I wasn't home), called Suspicion, on ID.
    It'll be broadcast tomorrow night.

http://redcarpetcrash.com/suspicion-preview-friday/

Shelia and Rachel have new photos up now. They're 21 now and definitely look older.

http://www.wvdoc.com/wvdoc/OISOffend...0/Default.aspx

WTH!!! They don't look like they are in the pokey!! Friggin' Glamour Shots!!!
    My Posse's On Broadway

I have to wonder....are they told to smile right before the pic is taken?

It does look like Shelia is wearing lipstick. She's vain enough to have put ketchup on her lips before the photo. She's also gained some weight in her face, and probably elsewhere too. Rachel is wearing only a faint smile, but Shelia is grinning big. I don't know how smart that was.

Skylar Neese making positive impact five years after death

http://wvmetronews.com/2017/07/06/sk...s-after-death/

Remembering Skylar today, it's been five years to the day.

I have huge sympathy for the Neeses, and their suing Shelia and Rachel was fine. But their also suing the insurance company and the girls' parents made it look like they wanted a payday. The courts threw out the other parties, as well they should have. And it's all over now.

http://www.dominionpost.com/Mobile/722891.aspx

The only reason they sued them was to stop them from making any money off Skylar's murder, in the form of books, interviews, movies and such, if they did it would go to the Skylar's family.

PurrPurr Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    The only reason they sued them was to stop them from making any money off Skylar's murder, in the form of books, interviews, movies and such, if they did it would go to the Skylar's family.
    Which is reasonable in my book.

The Neeses blamed Shelia and Rachel's parents for their girl's behavior, which was unreasonable. They sued them for "negligent supervision," which was ironic since Skylar sneaked out of her house that night too, and since the Neeses were as shocked as anyone else when Shelia and Rachel turned out to be the killers. And they sued the parents' insurance companies, also which didn't make the Neeses look good.

https://www.courthousenews.com/insur...-girls-murder/

Blaming parents for how they react to the traumatic death of a child just feels wrong to me. There is way less questionable behavior here that in say the Jon Benet story. Rachel's mom, in my opinion, was just in way over her head with a girl who could have gone either way. Shelia's mom was way to trusting and permissive of her daughter, but there was a lot of that going around. If it were me, I would have felt more justified at being mad at Shelia's mom for how she facilitated her daughter over the police investigation, but in the end, no charges were filed and looks like just a case of giving her daughter the benefit of the doubt far longer that she should have.

Leave the blame with the guilty. All these parents are walking though their own hell because of them.

Blaming parents for how they react to the traumatic death of a child just feels wrong to me. There is way less questionable behavior here that in say the Jon Benet story. Rachel's mom, in my opinion, was just in way over her head with a girl who could have gone either way. Shelia's mom was way to trusting and permissive of her daughter, but there was a lot of that going around. If it were me, I would have felt more justified at being mad at Shelia's mom for how she facilitated her daughter over the police investigation, but in the end, no charges were filed and looks like just a case of giving her daughter the benefit of the doubt far longer that she should have.

Leave the blame with the guilty. All these parents are walking though their own hell because of them.
    That was well said. Three families were devastated by this, and three young lives needlessly ruined.

I think the parents should be blamed, first off it seems that Rachael and Shelia, had parents that tried to be their best friends, instead of being the parent. I wonder did they check up on them, who were they hanging with, where were they going, did the parents have access to social media accounts, did they get involved, you have one mom, can't remember which one that actually allowed their daughter to drink, even though she was under age. the reason a lot of kids go wild is because there isn't enough parental involvement, it's like Go watch t.v., leave me alone, go play your video games, so they won't have a hissy and I don't know how to handle them to keep them calm I'll buy them whatever they want, car, phones, clothes, etc. In my household it was you going out? With who, do we know their parents, need phone number and name of where I can reach you, I will be calling to check to see if you are there, if you are not I will come looking for you, if I find you you are going home and getting grounded, when will you be back, I had to sit at the table in the dining room and do my homework, no going to my room, we all ate at the table with the t.v. off, no phone calls, we had to talk about our day, If I was going to a party I had to tell them who was there, what parents were going to be there, if there were any kind of drinking other than soda and juice or water or tea I was to call home. Yeah my mom was strict but I grew up without a police record, doing drugs, having sex at a young age, and I didn't ever think to kill my friend because I did not want to be friends any more, I knew if I crossed the line mom was going to play a little game called tear that ass up.
    Last edited by pkstracy; 10-23-2017 at 11:21 PM.

I was about to say that when a child misbehaves, who is blamed? The parents. You have to be a parent, not your child's friend. That's where Shelia's and Rachel's parents went wrong. Miss E thinks I'm being strict, but I just don't play. I tell her to do something, she's to DO it and not piddlefart around.

I also agree that Shelia and Rachel shouldn't be able to sell their stories and make money off of them. If anyone should receive any money from this it should be Skylar's parents. But then I don't think ANY criminal should be able to profit from their crimes.
    "Tequila may not be the answer, but it's worth a shot."

"I just go here!"

"I am not psychic. I AM psychotic. BIG difference."

To suggest that the way Shelia and Rachel were raised made them kill Skylar is sanctimonious and wrong. Stop talking about how this wouldn't have happened if you had been their parents, and let the guilt stay with the guilty. Their parents feel bad enough about this without anyone rubbing it in on them by claiming they'd have prevented it.
    Last edited by Skiddledy Gumbo; 10-24-2017 at 07:59 AM.

To suggest that the way Shelia and Rachel were raised made them kill Skylar is sanctimonious and wrong. Stop talking about how this wouldn't have happened if you had been their parents, and let the guilt stay with the guilty. Their parents feel bad enough about this without anyone rubbing it in on them by claiming they'd have prevented it.
    Well said. To me, the only time you can blame parents is under extreme circumstances. For example, did their parents sexually abuse them? Lock them in a closet for hours on end? Beat them? Deny them food? Leave them home alone for days while they shot up heroin? Prostitute them? A combination of all of it? It's extreme circumstances like that are more likely to make psychopaths. Not just merely being a bad parent. I can see bad parenting leading to low level criminal behavior but not murder.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Domino, I was beaten, starved and locked in a closet, while being sexually abused, and was given to men that my adopted mother was dating, not the mom I have now, did I become a psychopath? No I did not, your quote I can see bad parenting leading to low criminal behavior but not murder, is not entirely true, look at the the girl that killed her mom because her mom wouldn't let her date her boyfriend, her mom gave her whatever she wanted, was her best friend, also there is another case where teen killed his parents, because they wouldn't let him have a party, but yet he had all the best gadgets, had a nice car, parents handed him everything, let him do whatever, how about, Shanda's killers, their parents weren't rich and a few of them had not great lives, but they weren't beaten nor sexually assaulted, however, they were allowed to come and go as they pleased, had no structure at all, what about the Mendez brothers, wealthy family, was possibly handed everything, had a great life, what about Martha Moxely's killer, shall I go on? Also Skidly, I feel if more parents were parents first and not friends we wouldn't have all the issues we have now, look at the Columbine shooters, parents weren't very aware of what was going on nor monitoring what their kids were doing... oh and skidly, I have a right to my opinion and I didn't say if I were their parents this wouldn't have happened, also I didn't say all the blame goes to the parents but yes some of it should.
    Last edited by pkstracy; 10-24-2017 at 04:49 PM.

Domino, I was beaten, starved and locked in a closet, while being sexually abused, and was given to men that my adopted mother was dating, not the mom I have now, did I become a psychopath? No I did not, your quote I can see bad parenting leading to low criminal behavior but not murder, is not entirely true, look at the the girl that killed her mom because her mom wouldn't let her date her boyfriend, her mom gave her whatever she wanted, was her best friend, also there is another case where teen killed his parents, because they wouldn't let him have a party, but yet he had all the best gadgets, had a nice car, parents handed him everything, let him do whatever, how about, Shanda's killers, their parents weren't rich and a few of them had not great lives, but they weren't beaten nor sexually assaulted, however, they were allowed to come and go as they pleased, had no structure at all, what about the Mendez brothers, wealthy family, was possibly handed everything, had a great life, what about Martha Moxely's killer, shall I go on? Also Skidly, I feel if more parents were parents first and not friends we wouldn't have all the issues we have now, look at the Columbine shooters, parents weren't very aware of what was going on nor monitoring what their kids were doing... oh and skidly, I have a right to my opinion and I didn't say if I were their parents this wouldn't have happened, also I didn't say all the blame goes to the parents but yes some of it should.
    This exactly. It's a fine line of knowing when to blame parents and when the kids are just being shitheads. In my post above I didn't say that Shelia and Rachel were raised to be killers, I just said that their parents needed to be PARENTS and not their friends. Parents are quick to be blamed for a child's behavior, but IMO? That should only be in extreme circumstances. Like all the killers named in this quoted post, none of them were abused in any way yet they all ended up killers.

My past is similar to PK's. I, too, was sexually abused by what I'm now remembering TWO people in my family. It started as a toddler, and continued until puberty. I also survived satanic cult abuse in my late teens/early twenties (yes, it's real). And I didn't turn into a killer. Far from it. I am completely fucked up mentally, but I don't have it in me to harm a hair on anyone's head. I may talk a lot of smack, but when push comes to shove? Nope. Couldn't do it.
    "Tequila may not be the answer, but it's worth a shot."

"I just go here!"

"I am not psychic. I AM psychotic. BIG difference."

Nobody who is sitting at a keyboard can state for a fact that Skylar would be alive if they had raised Shelia or Rachel. Skylar's parents were just as clueless about those three as the other girls' parents were, and anybody who is posting here would probably have been too. Let the guilt stay with the guilty. Don't spread it around on people who are suffering enough.

No, skiddly I wouldn't be totally clueless, you see I would be a parent first, raise my kids how my current mom raised me, A lot of involvement, a lot of asking, a lot of monitoring, also no one sitting at a computer can say that she wouldn't be alive because the parents arent to blame as well, we can state an opinion without being called sanctimonious, and being told to stop. Rachael, Shelia, skylar, the parents are all at fault, if parents were more involved, if skylar hadn't of snuck out, if Shelia or Rachael had said one to the other, hey we need to rethink this and not do this, no one knows what may or may not have happened. We arent spreading anything around we arent calling or texting or emailing the parents and saying its your fault your bad parenting skills. So you have your opinion and I have mine and that is how I will always feel.

No, skiddly I wouldn't be totally clueless, you see I would be a parent first, raise my kids how my current mom raised me, A lot of involvement, a lot of asking, a lot of monitoring, also no one sitting at a computer can say that she wouldn't be alive because the parents arent to blame as well, we can state an opinion without being called sanctimonious, and being told to stop. Rachael, Shelia, skylar, the parents are all at fault, if parents were more involved, if skylar hadn't of snuck out, if Shelia or Rachael had said one to the other, hey we need to rethink this and not do this, no one knows what may or may not have happened. We arent spreading anything around we arent calling or texting or emailing the parents and saying its your fault your bad parenting skills. So you have your opinion and I have mine and that is how I will always feel.
    My parents did all of those things but I still snuck out at night.

Shelia's cousin Alexis "Lexi" Eddy has been appearing in the MTV series Are You The One? No doubt the network hired her because of the attention she would bring the show, although I'll add that she is as telegenic and personable as anyone else in the cast.

Shelia's cousin Alexis has been found dead at 23. She defended Shelia in comments under YouTube videos.

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...oie-story.html