Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Covid 19 and other strains of coronavirus deaths worldwide

Leasie ,holding a good thought for your Mum.
    To really know people is to be able to read between the lines on their faces.

Quote Originally Posted by Leasie View Post
    Testing my 90 year old Mother with dementia in a Nursing Home for the Covid virus. She just has a bad sore throat. I think it will come back negative.
    I hope so too Leasie.

We've had our scare with Covid this week. My roommate, whom I call "K," works in home health care for the elderly. Apparently she was exposed to Covid A WEEK AND A HALF AGO and her company failed to mention that, just kept sending her back. Well, when she got sick, THEN they mentioned that one of her clients had been exposed to it. SHE said she was getting tested, and THEY insisted she not only return to the exposed client, but continue to see OTHER clients. Naturally she refused to see other client. When they kept insisting and trying to send her, she got pissed off and quit. And I don't blame her.

Her test results came back negative, but I'm getting a couple of days off work that I'm taking as mental health days because dammit I need them lately. The last two weeks have been rough on me, and thank GOD I've had Wonder Twin to confide in. I'll call work later tomorrow afternoon and tell them her results came back negative and return to work Tuesday as I'm scheduled.

I usually work Tuesday-Saturday, but the last two weeks has been rough on my mental health and I could use a few days' break. I'll get a day off toward the end of the month when Wonder Twin and Mushu return to visit, but I'll probably switch my day off and work 6 days straight to get the time with them but it's worth it, and they know I'll do it for them in a heartbeat. They're two of the best friends a girl could ever ask for and I love them both so much.
    "Tequila may not be the answer, but it's worth a shot."

Well, I had a covid 19 concern. Monday will be two weeks since Sissy took her two daughters, son in law, and four little grandsons on vacation in Fort Myers, Fla, for five days. They did stay in a house, but they were on the beach. I don't know how crowded it was. No one is sick yet. Looks like one of them or me would be by now. The power of prayer.

The virus can be active before symptoms manifest, and even if a person doesn't get the virus, he/she can be a carrier for an undetermined length of time. I say undetermined because the CDC has test results that vary widely from two weeks to 30 days. The good thing is you don't have symptoms. The opposite is that you could be a carrier. The chances of the latter are less likely since it sounds like the others haven't caused anyone else to get sick. Your exposure to others outside your home is also minimal which is really good.

Life is like a box of chocolates: unless it was sent to you by Divine.

I haven't said anything but I had it in February, I got tested in June cause I still felt tired told doctor all my symptoms my test came back positive, I am fine now. My symptoms thankfully were mild, I was shocked as I have asthma and could have been much worse, I felt like I had a horrible case of the flu as well as bronchitis and no sense of smell or taste, body aches, extreme fatigue, chest congestion, I went through three rolls of toilet paper and a box of tissue hacking up phlegm and blowing my nose, hubby stayed in his room and I stayed in mine and I bleached everything down each time I touched a lightswitch, the fridge, sink, toilet.
    No More Stolen Sisters.

Mom's test negative. Thanks all.

I'm sure I had it the end of January. Doctor said pneumonia. I get it about every 5 years. I was so sick. I could not breathe. No taste. No smell. So weak. Lasted about 2 weeks. No one around me got it though. Also lost some of my hair on my scalp, not a lot but lost my eye brows and eye lashes. Strange.

Florida father and son, both doctors, die from COVID-19

https://nypost.com/2020/08/11/florid...m-coronavirus/

Leasie they are saying that one of the rare symptoms loosing hair.
    No More Stolen Sisters.

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    Leasie they are saying that one of the rare symptoms loosing hair.
    OMG. I have very thick curly hair but I was freaked. Only plus thing is I no longer have to shave my legs that often.

Yeah I lost some hair but I am also going through early menopause and that is also one of the symptoms , and I too don't have to shave much, so I don't know if mine is COVID related, or the change LOL.
    No More Stolen Sisters.

Lot of people developed pneumonia from past flus and died, mostly old or unhealthy, but a fraction were young. Soon as I enter a store I remove that Orwellian slave mask as an encouragement for other freedom lovers to do likewise. Think of the mask as masking tape that burglars apply to the mouths of victimized families to shut them up and take their money and valuables. Cancel culture and doxing for melting snowflakes is trivial in comparison to the very real danger of "re-education camps", as a recorded recommendation from one of Bernie's campaign workers testifies. Hmm, now who is whispering in Joe's mentally coherent ear, of late?

Herman Cain seems to still be opposed to mask mandates even after dying from the virus.
    That's a pretty strong conviction there.

Personally, I have to think that if slowing it down was as simple as putting a piece of paper over your face, it never would have gotten past Wuhan.
    I think the reason the authorities push the mask thing is because they have nothing else.

Some people freak out thinking that there's nothing they can really do and that everything is left to chance.
    So the govt talks up the mask angle to make people feel like they are actually doing something that has value, effect or meaning.
    That's why some people get so freaked out when they see people not wearing a mask, they've latched on to the hope and belief that a piece of paper or cloth over your face will really help; so they unleash their fear and anger and frustration at targets of opportunity.
    The govt should just be honest, drop the mask-querade and say, "Good luck, hope you don't get it and die - maybe always carry a four leaf clover and wear your lucky shirt every day".

I'll nominate Trini Lopez for the list.
    A faulty hypothesis forming:
    A German scientist using Iranian physics and French mathematics.

So you don't wear a mask when going shopping?
    No More Stolen Sisters.

Masks filter most of the particles when you exhale, sneeze, and cough. Less exposure means less risk. It's not rocket science.

So you don't wear a mask when going shopping?
    I comply with the local mask mandate and I comply when entering stores that decree or request that people wear masks while inside.
    I think it's silly but I respect the request because I recognize that they have the right to make the request, it would be rude and offensive to some to ignore it.
    I also recognize that a lot of people panic when they encounter others in public who aren't playing along with the mask-querade. Until we had the mask mandate requiring them in public, I avoided shopping in stores that required them.

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    Masks filter most of the particles when you exhale, sneeze, and cough. Less exposure means less risk. It's not rocket science.
    Not exactly "most".
    They will filter whatever droplets of moisture you exhale\expel that are larger than the pores in the fabric of your mask.
    The germs themselves are much smaller than those pores and will blast right through the mask; as will droplets of moisture that are smaller than the pores of the mask.
    Those droplets of course can be laden with the germs so containing them does reduce some of the expelled germs, and the mask may lessen the distance that you project the germs; or so they say.

Something just isn't right with this whole thing.
    This far into it, I don't personally know anyone who has had it, my workplace has been operating the entire time with 50 or so people coming and going, not one of us has had it; although a couple were exposed to people who had been exposed, but everybody tested negative.

The thing I don't get is that here in MS at the start of it, everything had to shut down - restaurants, bars, barbershops; it was life or death to shut it all down. Once things reopened and the new cases skyrocketed; the Gov said it wasn't necessary to close anything back down, for everybody to just wear a mask and it's all good.

He's a Trump wannabe, so I guess maybe he's just parroting his hero.
    He has actually taken to calling it the "China virus" in the media lately.

I'm not implying that it's not real or not serious, just that something is off about the way it seems to spread around and the way it's been handled by the govt.

Edit: I'll add that you're correct - it is not rocket science.
    It is however Biophysics; which is quite far removed from rocket science, although there might be some overlapping disciplines.
    Last edited by JimC; 09-05-2020 at 07:01 PM.

Jim, I have had it my nephew just got over it, a friend of mine died from it, there really isn't anything off about this whole thing, maybe you guys are lucky, who knows. Our numbers in the area I live are actually dropping we are off the watch list now and things are starting to open up. I am scared at the moment as it feels like my symptoms are coming back, I have a horrible cough and my chest feels congested and my nose is stopped up. I haven't lost my sense of taste but when I do time to get tested again.
    No More Stolen Sisters.

The U.S has the highest number of cases worldwide, getting close to 7 million. Plus the highest number of deaths almost 195,000. We are right next door and our cases are less then your deaths, Canada wide. Why is this ? Is it Trump and his inability to handle it from the get go. Are people still not taking it seriously. Or is it just abject stupidity on those who choose to ignore it. I myself wear a mask and follow the protocols, if it helps keep me safe and others I am not going to bitch about it too much. I hate it mind you, but I'll suck it up as long as I have to.
    To really know people is to be able to read between the lines on their faces.

Jim, I have had it my nephew just got over it, a friend of mine died from it, there really isn't anything off about this whole thing, maybe you guys are lucky, who knows. Our numbers in the area I live are actually dropping we are off the watch list now and things are starting to open up. I am scared at the moment as it feels like my symptoms are coming back, I have a horrible cough and my chest feels congested and my nose is stopped up. I haven't lost my sense of taste but when I do time to get tested again.
    Sorry to hear of that, I hope you're not relapsing. Maybe it's just some bug that will be less serious and pass quickly.
    My son and his family just had a similar bout, they were all fine after a few days so we still have the usual crud going around too.

I still think it seems off.
    Not in a "it's a fake conspiracy" sort of way, I have no doubt that its real and real serious; but something is very odd.

I mean three months ago, we had to shut everything down and there were non-stop reports of overloaded hospitals. Now after reopening here; new infections skyrocketed but there was no news of hospital overloads, no talk of shutting anything back down, just "wear a mask, it'll be OK".
    Our Gov is even fighting with local school systems, forcing them to reopen for on-site classes. So now we'll have kids packed onto school buses and kids packed into classrooms while we're still being told to wear masks and observe social distancing. Oh, and the Gov says that schools SHOULD NOT report outbreaks within their schools; it's just not necessary or helpful to do that. Oh, and one other thing - the Gov has also encouraged the resumption of high school and college football - he says that college football is "essential". So we've got families who can't have traditional wedding or funeral ceremonies due to distancing requirements, but contact sports is perfectly fine.

Yeah, something is off; around here anyway.

Mansfield, it's because we have people here that still think it's fake, or that their rights are being taken away or they think it won't happen to them, people gathering in groups without wearing a mask, like this weekend, our neighbor, had 20 people over in his small backyard, which is not big enough to do six feet apart, none of them wore masks, hubby and I drove to the park to just sit as we lost power for three hours on Sat, there were tons of people at the park in groups of thirty or more having picnics, bbqs or just hanging out no one wearing a mask and not keeping distance. you have people here that will go into a store and not wear a mask for throw a big fit when told they have to wear one. for the most part my area of California has seen a decline in numbers and as I said we are off the State watch list, meaning we can start opening up more things again. Jim, thank you, I hope it's not a relapse, I don't go out without wearing a mask and I don't go into stores I order groceries on line and hubby and I go pick them up, hubby will go into a store if we need something before our grocery online order.
    No More Stolen Sisters.

Mansfield, it's because we have people here that still think it's fake, or that their rights are being taken away or they think it won't happen to them, people gathering in groups without wearing a mask, like this weekend, our neighbor, had 20 people over in his small backyard, which is not big enough to do six feet apart, none of them wore masks, hubby and I drove to the park to just sit as we lost power for three hours on Sat, there were tons of people at the park in groups of thirty or more having picnics, bbqs or just hanging out no one wearing a mask and not keeping distance. you have people here that will go into a store and not wear a mask for throw a big fit when told they have to wear one. for the most part my area of California has seen a decline in numbers and as I said we are off the State watch list, meaning we can start opening up more things again. Jim, thank you, I hope it's not a relapse, I don't go out without wearing a mask and I don't go into stores I order groceries on line and hubby and I go pick them up, hubby will go into a store if we need something before our grocery online order.
    Don't forget about the conspiracy mob who believe the government is using masks to gather information, which is stupid, given we the fact we all have numbers and computers and such. Same thing with vaccines. There's this guy I went to school with who believes vaccines contain microchips.

Quote Originally Posted by cindyt View Post
    Don't forget about the conspiracy mob who believe the government is using masks to gather information, which is stupid, given we the fact we all have numbers and computers and such. Same thing with vaccines. There's this guy I went to school with who believes vaccines contain microchips.
    Idiots.
    I always flatten new masks with a rolling pin or run over them with my truck a few times to crush the mini-computers in them; then you're good to go.
    I've read that saturating them with automotive antifreeze works too by shorting out the electronics, but a lot of people don't like the smell or it irritates their skin.
    Vaccines just need to be filtered through a fine mesh material to remove the microchips and mind control devices before allowing the injection.
    I just use my mask as a filter.

Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield67 View Post
    The U.S has the highest number of cases worldwide, getting close to 7 million. Plus the highest number of deaths almost 195,000. We are right next door and our cases are less then your deaths, Canada wide. Why is this ? Is it Trump and his inability to handle it from the get go. Are people still not taking it seriously. Or is it just abject stupidity on those who choose to ignore it. I myself wear a mask and follow the protocols, if it helps keep me safe and others I am not going to bitch about it too much. I hate it mind you, but I'll suck it up as long as I have to.
    Probably all of those things.
    But population and population density likely figures into it somewhat.
    Canada (land area) is slightly larger than the US, but population-wise is much smaller.
    Canada is about 36 million people, the US is about 336 million people.
    Last edited by JimC; 09-08-2020 at 04:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JimC View Post
    Idiots.
    I always flatten new masks with a rolling pin or run over them with my truck a few times to crush the mini-computers in them; then you're good to go.
    I've read that saturating them with automotive antifreeze works too by shorting out the electronics, but a lot of people don't like the smell or it irritates their skin.
    Vaccines just need to be filtered through a fine mesh material to remove the microchips and mind control devices before allowing the injection.
    I just use my mask as a filter.

I wouldn't even approve of masks on the faces of the presidents on Mount Rushmore if that's what it took to keep Biden from allowing the vanquished from dynamiting them. We can always recarve them. Folks, resist the mob, the murderous losers, and the self-haters forcing loss on the victors who built this country.
    Last edited by MurkyWaters; 09-08-2020 at 03:37 PM.