Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Soldier beheaded outside Barracks in London

Quote Originally Posted by john*thomas View Post
    I believe Britain is a great country but they are going to have to decide they aren't going to run from those who wish to harm them. You can't have the police running away.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBtct-z9JS8
    Quote Originally Posted by McMorbid View Post
    Pathetic! At first I was giving the benefit of doubt but after seeing the guy throw the traffic cone I have no doubt that these so called enforcers of law are cowardly. Unless they are by higher authority banned from taking action against attacking mobs they have no excuse. Are the police there not responsible for protecting the population? I can't understand this police system. I'm not hating on England at all but this just seems so strange to me. Maybe I'm just lacking in proper culture.
    What exactly were they supposed to do? They are unarmed. No riot shields, batons, guns and tear gas, and they are confronting an extremely angry mob. If the cops had attempted to arrest even one of them there would have been a full scale riot.

The vid ran for 10 minutes. It takes more time than that to deploy the riot squad. I bet London to a brick that they did get backup eventually.

But that wasn't the purpose of the vid was it? The poster had an agenda and you bought it hook, line and sinker.
    I am a sick puppy....woof woof!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Carping the living shit out of the Diem. - Me!!
    http://www.pinterest.com/neilmpenny

Nelliebean Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by neilmpenny View Post
    What exactly were they supposed to do? They are unarmed. No riot shields, batons, guns and tear gas, and they are confronting an extremely angry mob. If the cops had attempted to arrest even one of them there would have been a full scale riot.

The vid ran for 10 minutes. It takes more time than that to deploy the riot squad. I bet London to a brick that they did get backup eventually.

But that wasn't the purpose of the vid was it? The poster had an agenda and you bought it hook, line and sinker.

Agree 100%

I'm not saying that there was anything there they could do but run. I'm saying that the country is going to have to rethink sending officers into situations like this with no offense or defense on their part.

There was a large gathering of police officers there. Looks like 40 anyway. Some of them are wearing helmets at that. There should never be a case where that many police officers have to simply turn and run.

I would hate to think that I might be attacked by a mob and there are 40 police officers there running away telling me that there was nothing they could do to help me until the "riot squad" arrived.

"eventually" isn't going to cut it.

We were upset with the situation in Cleveland because the 9-11 operator didn't stay on the phone until the police arrived. I could imagine the outrage if Castro had come running out of his house when an officer arrived but the officer had to run away.
    Last edited by john*thomas; 05-24-2013 at 04:47 PM.

Maybe they should be prepared ahead of time. Or I guess they could continue to tuck tail and let the general public be left in danger.
    I am the king of all things stupid!

Do they not have tear gas or pepper spray? There are a few non-lethal options. Rubber bullets or a bean bag, they don't kill but they make ya slow down and think about it. Telling them not to wear their uniforms just seems wrong to me. Leaving a wife and child behind makes it that much sadder.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

Bean bags work very well. Trust me on that one. In prison they use pepper bombs. That shit will get your mind right with the quickness.

Quote Originally Posted by john*thomas View Post
    I'm not saying that there was anything there they could do but run. I'm saying that the country is going to have to rethink sending officers into situations like this with no offense or defense on their part.

There was a large gathering of police officers there. Looks like 40 anyway. Some of them are wearing helmets at that. There should never be a case where that many police officers have to simply turn and run.

I would hate to think that I might be attacked by a mob and there are 40 police officers there running away telling me that there was nothing they could do to help me until the "riot squad" arrived.

"eventually" isn't going to cut it.

We were upset with the situation in Cleveland because the 9-11 operator didn't stay on the phone until the police arrived. I could imagine the outrage if Castro had come running out of his house when an officer arrived but the officer had to run away.
    Quote Originally Posted by McMorbid View Post
    Maybe they should be prepared ahead of time. Or I guess they could continue to tuck tail and let the general public be left in danger.
    I expect that the police were deployed as a matter of routine. The march organisers notify the cops of the march and cops are deployed, or the cops get wind of it and deploy, not so much to control the marchers, but to maintain a distance between the marchers and the wider public.

If they had have sent in the riot squad first up then a riot would have been inevitable.

I was not aware from the clip that innocent bystanders on the street were being beaten up by the marchers. Maybe that was in a news article I never read.

Was there a major confrontation with the police? No. As the cops were moving ahead of the marchers, were they set upon and a mass fight occur? No.

As far as I can see, the protesters were exercising their democratic right to march. Sure, they threw a few witches hats at the cops, that's it. Hardly a reason to deploy the riot squad and shoot everyone with rubber bullets and gas them.

It was hardly the Toxteth, Brixton or London riots all over again.

I thought the cops diffused the situation well and should be commended for keeping it relatively calm.

I suppose there is a cultural element to it. You guys live in an ultra violent society. I guess the first instinct in America is to go in heavy handed and shoot first, ask questions later. That's probably what your citizenry expect. If they did that in England or Australia, there would be a huge public outcry and heads would roll. It would be considered culturally unacceptable to send in the dogs on a relatively peaceful march.
    Last edited by neilmpenny; 05-24-2013 at 08:07 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I guess maybe it is a cultural difference.

British police aren't dumb. probably le
    ading them into a trap. its called kettling .
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

endsleigh03 Guest
    I expect that the police were deployed as a matter of routine. The march organisers notify the cops of the march and cops are deployed, or the cops get wind of it and deploy, not so much to control the marchers, but to maintain a distance between the marchers and the wider public.

If they had have sent in the riot squad first up then a riot would have been inevitable.

I was not aware from the clip that innocent bystanders on the street were being beaten up by the marchers. Maybe that was in a news article I never read.

Was there a major confrontation with the police? No. As the cops were moving ahead of the marchers, were they set upon and a mass fight occur? No.

As far as I can see, the protesters were exercising their democratic right to march. Sure, they threw a few witches hats at the cops, that's it. Hardly a reason to deploy the riot squad and shoot everyone with rubber bullets and gas them.

It was hardly the Toxteth, Brixton or London riots all over again.

I thought the cops diffused the situation well and should be commended for keeping it relatively calm.

I suppose there is a cultural element to it. You guys live in an ultra violent society. I guess the first instinct in America is to go in heavy handed and shoot first, ask questions later. That's probably what your citizenry expect. If they did that in England or Australia, there would be a huge public outcry and heads would roll. It would be considered culturally unacceptable to send in the dogs on a relatively peaceful march.
    We do live in a ultra violent society. It's become all we know here. Turn on the TV, fire up the net, open a newspaper..... Having said that, at least the police there should be armed. Times have changed greatly everywhere. RIP to Lee Rigby.

stay_zee Guest
    Holy puck -what a horrible way to die. Goes to show, terrorist acts continue with what ever weapons are available. If its my time to go and karma dictates I go in a terrorist act - please let it be a bullet and not a machete or meat cleaver.

Quote Originally Posted by endsleigh03 View Post
    We do live in a ultra violent society. It's become all we know here. Turn on the TV, fire up the net, open a newspaper..... Having said that, at least the police there should be armed. Times have changed greatly everywhere. RIP to Lee Rigby.
    You have to remember guns cannot be bought over the counter here , so are not easy available to Joe Public hence the police are not armed. Although I suspect that may change in the future. As for the retaliation ffs uneducated knuckle draggers ! It makes them as bad a the terrorist as far as Im concerned, thinking that its okay to attack someone who is as innocent as the poor solider who was murdered . Killing someone just because they don't like them / or because they don't believe what they believe is just shit! When did you last here someone killing in the name of atheism !!

I remember the days when the IRA were our main terrorist - an irish accent could clear a space round themselves in seconds !!
    What 3rd world country do you live in that doesn't allow 'the gays' to marry ?

discod Guest
    seems they are attacking jail guards now....on of our poor officers was set upon by muslim extremists in jail

Forever-27 Guest
    Boris whatshisname the mayor of London says not to blame this on islam, hell the guys that chopped up this kid said it was for islam. Its a shame england has turned into a radical islam pandering country. America already has to. The west won't ever grasp the sad fact that islam is a very violent cult/religion.

Quote Originally Posted by Forever-27 View Post
    Boris whatshisname the mayor of London says not to blame this on islam, hell the guys that chopped up this kid said it was for islam. Its a shame england has turned into a radical islam pandering country. America already has to. The west won't ever grasp the sad fact that islam is a very violent cult/religion.
    There is a difference in Islamist and those who use it as an excuse to harm others. David Berkowitz blamed his neighbors dog for what he did. That certainly doesn't make dogs bad.

There are those who have killed in the name of many things. That doesn't make those things bad but rather it's those who harm others and use whatever it is as an excuse. People always want
    to blame something or someone other than themselves.

The George Costanza abstinence theory sadly, wove bye bye a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by RiotBoots View Post
    The George Costanza abstinence theory sadly, wove bye bye a long time ago.
    Lmao. The whole 72 virgins in Heaven thing always confused me. That just seems like a whole lot of uncomfortable fumbling around with some crying afterward.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Do mind the pedestrian, Richard."
    - Hyacinth Bucket

stay_zee Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MiraculousMandarin View Post
    Lmao. The whole 72 virgins in Heaven thing always confused me. That just seems like a whole lot of uncomfortable fumbling around with some crying afterward.
    So if you are one of the virgins does that mean you are in hell? lol

Quote Originally Posted by stay_zee View Post
    So if you are one of the virgins does that mean you are in hell? lol
    If it comes with 72 back seats of red Honda Accords then yes, yes it does.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Do mind the pedestrian, Richard."
    - Hyacinth Bucket

endsleigh03 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by p00key View Post
    You have to remember guns cannot be bought over the counter here , so are not easy available to Joe Public hence the police are not armed. Although I suspect that may change in the future. As for the retaliation ffs uneducated knuckle draggers ! It makes them as bad a the terrorist as far as Im concerned, thinking that its okay to attack someone who is as innocent as the poor solider who was murdered . Killing someone just because they don't like them / or because they don't believe what they believe is just shit! When did you last here someone killing in the name of atheism !!

I remember the days when the IRA were our main terrorist - an irish accent could clear a space round themselves in seconds !!
    The police need to be able to take out the knife-toters as well, apparently. It does no good to have the police having to turn tail and run. I'm fairly anti-gun as far as the states go, but the time of unarmed police anywhere seems like something from a bygone time.

If it comes with 72 back seats of red Honda Accords then yes, yes it does.
    Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

Ah, yes: an eternal reward of 72 women (or, more likely, girls), each having no idea what a bad lover the terrorist is, and little clue of how to have an orgasm. Perfection!
    "We've had threads about guys fucking picnic tables, animals and dead bodies. Third boob ain't going to stop a damn thing." - cleanskull

So they got sentenced today .Thank God .One got a FULL life sentence and the other 46 years .It took 9 guards to hold them down as they went berserk and had to be carried out so the judge could give out the terms .

The horrific video of them hacking off Lee Rigby's head in the road was shown to the court and they showed no remorse shouting America and Britain will not be safe now . Witnesses of the killing said it was like they were trying to cut his internal organs out .Bastards .

R.i.P Lee , away from the scum of the earth and in a much better place .x

I totally agree.

One of the funniest things I have ever read on this board.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rigby's fiancee has gotten married - I guess two years is long enough

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...d-soldier.html

He's dead, she's not. She has the right to have a life. Two years is enough.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

and then the walk of shame afterword's. I bet it' a long one.
    Stay in Drugs. Eat your School. Don't do Vegetables.

I'm glad she's found someone who makes her happy and I hope it works out. Sounds like he has a history of moving on to new young cadets. I hope his wedding vows mean something to him. This girl has been through too much.