Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456714 ... LastLast

Thread: Explosion at the finish line of the Boston Marathon

Im thinking its a American Militia nut. Yesterday was Patriot's day. It commemorates the beginning of the Revolutionary war. He wants his country back.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty Bac View Post
    Thank you to Mr. Arredondo!!!!

Sadly, how long until we hear from the lunatic fringe who will say none of this happened and none of it's true?

And a note from my hometown, I see a guy in a red shirt helping the wounded/deceased. Isn't that a Pittsburgh Pirates baseball cap?

God bless Boston and the United States of America.
    Unfortunately, it's already started--someone who works for Alex Jones' "news" site got into the press conference last night and asked the governor flat out if it was a "false flag" attack. To his credit, the latter didn't leap off the podium and try to throttle the jackass, although personally I think he would have been quite within his rights...

I'm fine--wasn't anywhere near the Marathon; in fact, I was home taking a nap w/the ringer turned off on my phone, and didn't find out about it until I woke up, turned on the computer, and went "HOLY SHIT!" My parents had called twice, along w/a former roommate, so I called them back to let them know I was fine, and checked in a few other places as well. AFAIK, no one I know was injured or on the scene when it happened, but it's still horrible...

Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonams View Post
    It's interesting that you say this PurrPurr. Hubs and I were discussing it, and it brought us to a site that lists things that have happened during the month of April (and other months): http://www.historyplace.com/specials/calendar/april.htm
    It's interesting (and very creepy) to see how many tragedies have occurred in April.
    Sounds like T.S. Eliot was right--April is the cruelest month... :-(

Here's a link to the before and after photo for the second bomb that I was referring to before:
    http://www1.whdh.com/news/articles/l...hat-shows-bag/

babyblujems Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by LAC90028 View Post
    LLC, mooches, babyblujems, and anyone familiar with Boston, do you know what building this is, and why a lone man might be up on the roof?

https://twitter.com/TheLAScene/statu...12614193295360

I'm familiar with rooftop lounges, retreats, gatherings, viewing events from a roof, etc., but there doesn't seem to be anyone else on that or any of the other rooftops except him. So is there any story to this Lone Roofer?
    I'm not entirely sure what that building is, I live out in western MA, basically directly between Worcester and Springfield, my honey might know though cause he used to manage property on Newbury St so he knows the area pretty well. And he's out there all the time now because he does business in Framingham and West Roxbury.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblujems View Post
    I'm not entirely sure what that building is, I live out in western MA, basically directly between Worcester and Springfield, my honey might know though cause he used to manage property on Newbury St so he knows the area pretty well. And he's out there all the time now because he does business in Framingham and West Roxbury.
    That building has retail on the lower level and condos are above...it very common to view the marathon from rooftops all over that area & I believe he has been ruled out...

Quote Originally Posted by NewEnglander View Post
    This was what I referenced in my post yesterday. MA National Guard soldiers. But also, along with the soldiers, lots of civilians rant towards the blast areas to help, not away from it. This is what Americans do, when times are tough we pull together.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Soldiers Boston Marathon.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	62.0 KB 
ID:	46266

One of them lived across the street from me years ago. They also ran the marathon.

Today join us as we lift up the people of Boston in our thoughts and prayers. This inspiring photo was shared by Fox Boston (WFXT) in Boston. This soldier' name is Adam Ayer. He was apparently the first in his platoon to finish in Monday's Boston Marathon. He was also one of the first responders who helped the victims of the bombing.

Yikes. Found some more disturbing pics I havent seen here or anywhere else:
    http://willyloman.wordpress.com/2013...started-early/
    The last show the guy with both legs blown off before the wheelchair ride.
    Also looks like the girl that died had her legs nearly blown off.
    Last edited by ichabodius; 04-16-2013 at 06:39 PM.
    A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another.

Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    yikes. Found some more disturbing pics i havent seen here or anywhere else:
    the last show the guy with both legs blown off before the wheelchair ride.
    Also looks like the girl that died had her legs nearly blown off.

My. God. In. Heaven. The blue shirt girl is there too. I didn't see her leg that twisted before. Like I said before it's amazing that guy is alive & she's not...looks like he saved the woman in front of him as well by taking most of the hit.

Quote Originally Posted by theladyinquestion View Post
    Here's a link to the before and after photo for the second bomb that I was referring to before:
    Holy shit, those folks standing right behind it must have been toast.

Quote Originally Posted by mooches View Post
    One of them lived across the street from me years ago. They also ran the marathon.

Today join us as we lift up the people of Boston in our thoughts and prayers. This inspiring photo was shared by Fox Boston (WFXT) in Boston. This soldier' name is Adam Ayer. He was apparently the first in his platoon to finish in Monday's Boston Marathon. He was also one of the first responders who helped the victims of the bombing.

Great pic!! He must have been the one I saw. There is video of a soldier who comes running across the screen and just jumps right into the area where the bomb went off. You can also see the top of his head in some pics too, in the area, assisting victims.
    Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils.

This totally choked me up. Maybe just because I'm a Bostonian. Seeing all the other cities paying tribute to Boston is so awesome.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/2013/04/16/new-york-yankees-boston-marathon-sweet-caroline/2088269/

Joe Mac posted this blog tonight. I think he said it well.....

The Day After

Nothing can change that beautiful New England country side. Nothing can wipe away the moment I had with that Joey girl holding that well preserved New Kids poster from ‘89. Nothing can stop the “little person” walking up heart break hill or the double amputee walking down it on prosthetic “blades”. Nothing can take away that kiss I had with my mother. And no ones gonna tell me she didn’t recognize me. No one can take away the signs all along the course for every teacher and aunt and BFF and son and uncle that was running. Nothing can take away what happened 11 minutes after I ran a 3:57 Boston Marathon. And nothing will ever take away the power and resolve and fearlessness of the great city of Boston. We will get through this. It will take time. But we will get through this. See ya next year.

Missing my Pa every day. RIP Daddy ❤️♥️

“Get drunk and sing Elvira”

ShellBell Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    The picture of that guy's severed legs made me gag.
    Yeah, it's pretty awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa View Post
    Holy shit, those folks standing right behind it must have been toast.
    It's truly amazing the death count hasn't been higher, all things considered.

Anyone seen this? "Family Guy episode predicts Boston Marathon bombings":
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/nation...dd9_print.html I guess like that Simpsons episode where Homer visits the Twin Towers, this will never see the light of day again.

lobosco107 Guest
    I have no words to express how I feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonams View Post
    Looks to him like someone made a homemade claymore bomb. It's very odd when you look at this pic:

Name:	130415_bostonmarathonexplosion_11.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	164.7 KB 
ID:	46257
    Your husband appears right on. "Sources involved in the investigation said that the pressure-cooker bombs were powerful "homemade claymore," http://www.findadeath.com/forum/show...Marathon/page3

aLiLdirt Guest
    I was numbed by the events that took place on Monday. Today, while looking through this thread, I cried. Mostly for the victims, but also for the state of things in general.
    After spending a very long time reading comments and comparing photos, I decided I really needed to prepare something to eat. I whipped up organic free range chicken (don't hate) quesadillas with fresh salsa and homemade guacamole. Everything came out looking great.
    Then I clicked this link:

Quote Originally Posted by ichabodius View Post
    Yikes. Found some more disturbing pics I havent seen here or anywhere else:
    Oh. My. God.
    Ich, I appreciate the link.
    I think people need to see this. I know I did. Sanitizing is best for shopping cart handles and motel toilet seats, not the media. Certainly not for mindless devastation involving our brothers and sisters.
    It was just bad timing on my part viewing it while eating the yummy food.

Hags, if you've got the stomach for it, by all means, look.
    Last edited by aLiLdirt; 04-16-2013 at 09:54 PM. Reason: shameful spelling error

That site is full of some nuts saying the whole thing was staged, and that the blood looked like paint. REALLY?! Some people are really screwed in the head.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenivere2011 View Post
    That site is full of some nuts saying the whole thing was staged, and that the blood looked like paint. REALLY?! Some people are really screwed in the head.
    I saw that. They were calling the victims "crisis actors". Ugh.

Anyway they are saying that the youngest victims family was running from the first bomb & got hit by the second. (wanted to correct this as someone was right on the other page)I can't see how this could happen unless they were much closer to the second bombing than I thought. Also the father was not running in the race.

Quote Originally Posted by aLiLdirt View Post
    I was numbed by the events that took place on Monday. Today, while looking through this thread, I cried. Mostly for the victims, but also for the state of things in general.
    After spending a very long time reading comments and comparing photos, I decided I really needed to prepare something to eat. I whipped up organic free range chicken (don't hate) quesadillas with fresh salsa and homemade guacamole. Everything came out looking great.
    Then I clicked this link:

Oh. My. God.
    Ich, I appreciate the link.
    I think people need to see this. I know I did. Sanitizing is best for shopping cart handles and motel toilet seats, not the media. Certainly not for mindless devastation involving our brothers and sisters.
    It was just bad timing on my part viewing it while eating the yummy food.

Hags, if you've got the stomach for it, by all means, look.
    I absolutely agree, if we sanitize things too much then people forget the reality of what can happen. The end result is not pretty and we should never forget that. This is what injuries and death look like, this is what happens when an idoit carries out acts of violence.
    "When you help someone up a hill, you get that much closer to the top yourself."
    -Anonymous

A pressure cooker lid has been found on a roof top.

Evidently we're dealing with some real rocket scientists here. What are the chances The President is going to open your letter even if it didn't have Ricin in it?
    http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...ssed-to-obama/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Do mind the pedestrian, Richard."
    - Hyacinth Bucket

Does anyone have stills from that video? I am trying to pull out where Krystle was standing. If you look to the right of the mailbox there is a woman in a long sleeve blue shirt. Then look at the part where the guy is running and you see her running. I cannot believe she got away.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

Bidmor Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MiraculousMandarin View Post
    Evidently we're dealing with some real rocket scientists here. What are the chances The President is going to open your letter even if it didn't have Ricin in it?
    I can a reason for poison laced mail to prominent people, even if they do not reach addressees and that goal is promulgation of fear amongst the general population.

Quote Originally Posted by Bidmor View Post
    I can a reason for poison laced mail to prominent people, even if they do not reach addressees and that goal is promulgation of fear amongst the general population.
    That makes perfect sense Bidmor. If it were me though, I would use some other powder, and mass mail a few thousand of them all over, to politicians and celebs and regular citizens alike. That would be some scary sh**+.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    - Hyacinth Bucket

Name:	fo0417_bostonbombs_c_ab_1200.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	267.2 KB 
ID:	46275Click image for larger version. 

Name:	boston_marathon_bomb_photos.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	49.1 KB 
ID:	46276Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Story.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	20.1 KB 
ID:	46277

The back pack and lid.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

PurrPurr Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MiraculousMandarin View Post
    Seriously, that's why the White House has staff and security people. The crazy runs more rampant nowadays.

RebelRocker Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JefeStone View Post
    Im thinking its a American Militia nut. Yesterday was Patriot's day. It commemorates the beginning of the Revolutionary war. He wants his country back.
    i agree. the conspiracy nuts are already starting with their stories. i seen one on fb yesterday.
    Last edited by RebelRocker; 04-17-2013 at 09:51 AM.

Joee Guest
    I wouldn't want to cross swords with the FBI;they are very smart people with vast resources and experience. Way too early to guess, at least for me. I ran the gamut from tax day to Patriots Run to Lincoln's death and who would want to say what reference that symbolism?
    While in college, circa 1968,we had a military academy drop out stay in one of our dorm rooms with one of his buddies. He played tennis all the time and generally led the good life. He seemed very nice and was pleasant to talk to. While he was there the Dean of Men's office got pipe bombed;no one was hurt, as I recall, but our vagabond left shortly after that. A couple of months later I was told he was arrested for the bombing. Had me fooled.

Nelliebean Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Miho View Post
    Does anyone have stills from that video? I am trying to pull out where Krystle was standing. If you look to the right of the mailbox there is a woman in a long sleeve blue shirt. Then look at the part where the guy is running and you see her running. I cannot believe she got away.
    That heavy duty mail box blocked some of that spray.

Authorities may have identified a suspect in the Boston Marathon bombings, CNN reports.
    The FBI is holding a press conference at 5:00 p.m. and may announce the news then. CNN attributed the news to an unnamed source, and reported that the breakthrough in the investigation came from analyzing department store surveillance video and video from a news station.
    The Boston Globe reported that officials have found an image of "a suspect carrying, and perhaps dropping, a black bag at the second bombing scene."
    An FBI spokesman in Boston declined to comment on the reports to Yahoo News.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/...170749073.html
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

nozyoldbroad Guest
    The third victim was identified yesterday, Lu Lingzi, who was there with a friend, Zhou Danling, both grad students at BU. Another friend was also with them, but was uninjured. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3098112.html

Name:	LU LINGZI.png 
Views:	40 
Size:	281.3 KB 
ID:	46279

Quote Originally Posted by babyblujems View Post
    My fiance son and I were right were the first bomb went off about a half hour before. His 18 year old sister ran the race for the first time this year. We decided to leave after he crossed because my son was getting tired. I can only imagine what would have happened to us had we stayed and what my poor 5 year old son would have seen had his aunt been just a little slower.
    Quote Originally Posted by mooches View Post
    Here's a story about the guy wearing the cowboy hat in the picture of the guy with no legs. He has quite a story himself. I didn't even notice he was holding the guys femoral artery. Yikes!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ng-people.html
    Quote Originally Posted by LLC View Post
    The man with the extreme leg injury ID has been confirmed. He has survived. "Jeff Bauman" of MA.

Interesting story:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ved-lives.html
    Wonderful story, LLC and mooches. Stories like this (and video of all the heroes who immediately rendered aid) are incredibly heartening to see in the midst of all this pain. And I'm glad you both (and the other area hags in here) weren't in harm's way. *Lisalouver, prayers for your ex and those with him who were injured. Babyblujems, so glad you left the area in time!

Quote Originally Posted by theladyinquestion View Post
    Maybe it's just me, but even in the 'after' photo (even smudged out) it appears that bag is still there by the mailbox. If it contained the bomb, seems it'd be as shredded as the limbs of those poor victims--not still upright.

Also, the guy running that they've highlighted was obviously injured--black pants shredded up and down. I'd be running too (if able). There is a guy to his left who is running simultaneously and just as fast (in blue jeans) who wasn't apparently wounded. Hate to say this, but are they zeroing in on this shredded-black-pants guy because of his darker hair and skin tone?
    Last edited by nozyoldbroad; 04-17-2013 at 10:41 AM.

SUSPECT IN CUSTODY!!! I just hope it's the right one.

Quote Originally Posted by lulubaines View Post
    SUSPECT IN CUSTODY!!! I just hope it's the right one.
    came here to say this! now on foxnews they say some outlets are saying there is no arrest. ughhh I hope they are not
    giving out wrong info

endsleigh03 Guest
    No arrest but hopefully the video tells the tale.

Quote Originally Posted by PiggyTx View Post
    came here to say this! now on foxnews they say some outlets are saying there is no arrest. ughhh I hope they are not
    giving out wrong info
    Fingers crossed!

Things like this are a perfect example of what a clusterfuck of bullshit our media is.

nozyoldbroad Guest
    I was so wondering who this woman was. She seemed so dazed and alone.

Name:	article-2310274-19507F2B000005DC-191_648x647.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	165.7 KB 
ID:	46280Click image for larger version. 

Name:	article-2310274-19549D8B000005DC-726_634x533.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	91.7 KB 
ID:	46281

She's a fitness instructor who apparently had a left leg broken in two places, a right fractured ankle, and severed Achilles tendon. The second photo shows her sister (left) who lost her left leg in the bombing and her right leg was broken. She and her sister were watching their mom (center) run the marathon.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...st_read_module

Suspect in custody! They have video of him from a Lord & Taylor Department store near the second blast site.

nozyoldbroad Guest
    The Clarion-Ledger ‏@clarionledger 5m AP corrects initial report: RT @ap: BREAKING: Federal officials deny that Boston Marathon bombing suspect is in custody.

thescreensiren Guest
    Something's going down in Boston. Live feed.

http://www.cbsnews.com/2718-201_162-...eo/?tag=custom

thescreensiren Guest
    They are reporting on the local station - they are being evacuated for some reason.

thescreensiren Guest
    Tons of vehicles coming - all news outlets being asked to move back.

Bomb threat at the courthouse.......

thescreensiren Guest
    Yep - there go the dogs.

That bomb sniffing dog just walked past 4 car tires, a garbage can, and a fire hydrant without trying to pee. Who's a good boy?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    - Hyacinth Bucket

If I had to sniff bombs for a living, you can be sure I'd pee my pants once in a while!
    Archer Fact: You canā??t tourniquet the taint. (Source: Ray Gillette)

Quote Originally Posted by miraculousmandarin View Post
    that bomb sniffing dog just walked past 4 car tires, a garbage can, and a fire hydrant without trying to pee. Who's a good boy?
    lololol!