Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Explosion at the finish line of the Boston Marathon

AussieBec Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    The picture of that guy's severed legs made me gag.
    Oh me too,It's so upsetting

2. 04-15-2013, 06:55 PM
    Reason
    double post

Wendy A. Guest
    It just seems to be too much of a coincidence that a random fire would occur just after two bombs went off. What are the chances?
    I know, It sounds familiar.. Towers 1 & 2, Plus The Pentagon. They always do shit with weird meanings.... or dates.

MM, I know right? I had to do a double take on that one too. I sure hope she's okay.

lisalouver Guest
    I have heard from my ex everyone. He is among the injured.

Minor injuries, he assures me. He was running with his wife, she sustained only minor cuts.

Ironically, they are both nurses and so they assisted with the wounded.

Bless them all.

And thank you everyone for your concern for my ex.

Wendy A. Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lisalouver View Post

Minor injuries, he assures me. He was running with his wife, she sustained only minor cuts.

Bless them all.

Thank God he's alive! That's a brave man to be injured himself, and to jump in and help with others.

Glad to hear Lisa! so much heroics today!

AussieBec Guest
    Glad to hear he is ok

I am so glad to hear the Boston death hags are okay. I'm on the borderline of being as numb as I was during 9/11. I'm suffering information overload on this right now. It's bad enough that anyone had to die, but the fact that an 8 year old is among the dead makes my heart ache.
    I've seen a lot of speculation on the news, one even talked to a terrorist expert who said he's thinking it may have been pipe bombs. Hubs has had some very interesting insights on the photos you guys have posted. He's no expert, but he's been researching military history for years, and knows his weapons as well. Someone earlier mentioned ball bearings possibly being used. Looks to him like someone made a homemade claymore bomb. It's very odd when you look at this pic:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	130415_bostonmarathonexplosion_11.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	164.7 KB 
ID:	46257

You'll notice that the glass was double-paned glass. Both panes were blown out on the right, but only one pane was blown out on the left. Makes him think the bomb was almost right in front of that right window, but not strong enough to blow out both panes on the left. Also the fact that one of the runners on the video got hit with something, but not really anyone else around him did, lends credence to the idea that ball bearings may have been in the bomb.

I just can't believe this happened.....
    "I was 12 going on 13 the first time I saw a dead human being" --Stand by Me

Quote Originally Posted by PurrPurr View Post
    A few of us on another site were discussing some of the craziest things happened in April:

Lincoln assassination
    Sinking of the Titanic
    Virginia Tech shootings
    Waco
    Oklahoma City bombing
    Columbine shootings
    Spree killer Richard Baumhammers going bat shit crazy on April 28, 2000 in Pittsburgh, killing five people and leaving one paralyzed.
    Now the Boston Marathon bombings

This is getting wayyyyyyy too scary. o_O
    It's interesting that you say this PurrPurr. Hubs and I were discussing it, and it brought us to a site that lists things that have happened during the month of April (and other months): http://www.historyplace.com/specials/calendar/april.htm
    It's interesting (and very creepy) to see how many tragedies have occurred in April.
    "I was 12 going on 13 the first time I saw a dead human being" --Stand by Me

Bayou Queen Guest
    Great news about your ex Lisa. Yes I am boiling mad too. Such a wonderful event, friends and families there to cheer on their loved ones. Hatred and evilness. Prayers for the lives that were lost and speedy recoveries for the injured.

Quote Originally Posted by SassyMonkey719 View Post
    Amazing video of both explosions (there is a small amount of gore, but nothing to horrendous). Its the raw footage of one of the videos they are showing on the news, with the audio included. Worth watch just to hear how loud the explosions were...
    http://bcove.me/qwi5k6ap
    The woman in the blue shirt looks deceased.
    I first noticed the lady in blue while watching the video Sassy posted earlier and thought she was deceased. If you pause around the 2:19-2:20 mark you'll see her on the right hand side near the middle of your screen. There is absolutely no movement from her. I was hoping that maybe she's been knocked unconscious but after seeing that pic I'm afraid that's not the case.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Bayou Queen Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by LLC View Post
    Reporting in...some may know I live in Boston. Alive & well.
    Thank goodness you weren't running, . How far away is the JFK Library from the marathon ending?

Quote Originally Posted by RosiesRed View Post
    I first noticed the lady in blue while watching the video Sassy posted earlier and thought she was deceased. If you pause around the 2:19-2:20 mark you'll see her on the right hand side near the middle of your screen. There is absolutely no movement from her. I was hoping that maybe she's been knocked unconscious but after seeing that pic I'm afraid that's not the case.

I agree, she looks dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Bayou Queen View Post
    Thank goodness you weren't running, . How far away is the JFK Library from the marathon ending?
    It's about 5 miles.

Not trying to make light of this but I am now acquiring a sense of amazement and gratitude that only three are gone so far (cold comfort for the victim's relatives, I know). Looking at the film of the explosions I would think more would have been killed outright.

The person of interest in this investigation is Saudi.
    "Everybody is born, and everybody dies. Being born wasn't so bad , was it?"
    Peter the Hermit

Quote Originally Posted by findadeathaddict View Post
    I agree, she looks dead.
    Her lips have zero color. Poor thing. It's amazing...the man missing both legs is upright & conscious (barely) she looks like she has passed. It has been reported it is a young woman among the deceased.

Bless them all.

Oh wow, Lisa. So glad you've heard from him and that he and his wife are ok. I can't imagine what they've gone through and seen today.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by LLC View Post
    Her lips have zero color. Poor thing. It's amazing...the man missing both legs is upright & conscious (barely) she looks like she has passed. It has been reported it is a young woman among the deceased.
    I agree. It's amazing how some survive without limbs yet she seems to have no injuries at all. That is a very disturbing picture. Bless her.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnusDippytack View Post
    Not trying to make light of this but I am now acquiring a sense of amazement and gratitude that only three are gone so far (cold comfort for the victim's relatives, I know). Looking at the film of the explosions I would think more would have been killed outright.

The person of interest in this investigation is Saudi.
    I'm surprised that it's been only 3 as well.

The Saudi POI is only a rumor according to my local news.

Quote Originally Posted by findadeathaddict View Post
    I agree. It's amazing how some survive without limbs yet she seems to have no injuries at all. That is a very disturbing picture. Bless her.
    Yes. How does that happen? You can't see any injuries other than her leg & the woman (on her right) who would have been closer to the blast is alive & conscious.

Ugh. Sorry for consecutive posts.

I don't know about anyone else, but this makes me so *#$ mad!!!!
    Like all terrorists and people who intend to kill a lot a people, they are trying to tell us, "Be very afraid, very afraid!" Screw that. If we all hide these murderers have won. Go about your business, and don't be intimidated. We went to England, Scotland, Ireland and Paris in 2004 and although there were guards with AK7s in the airports, I couldn't have cared less. These murderers will NEVER defeat the American spirit.
    Everyone must die but not everyone has lived

RebelRocker Guest
    omg those photos are graphic and very heartbreaking. the one of the guy with the missing leg/foot. wow thats extremely graphic.

RebelRocker Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by duchessmary View Post
    I don't know about anyone else, but this makes me so *#$ mad!!!!
    Like all terrorists and people who intend to kill a lot a people, they are trying to tell us, "Be very afraid, very afraid!" Screw that. If we all hide these murderers have won. Go about your business, and don't be intimidated. We went to England, Scotland, Ireland and Paris in 2004 and although there were guards with AK7s in the airports, I couldn't have cared less. These murderers will NEVER defeat the American spirit.
    agreed!

Bless them all.

Great news!

I think this is the poor girl.

Name:	bmm.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	114.6 KB 
ID:	46258

The young boy's (that was killed) mother & sister also injured in the blast.

Search warrants executed in Revere, Ma. (A city just outside Boston)

http://www.myfoxboston.com/story/219...boston-bombing
    Last edited by LLC; 04-15-2013 at 09:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mooches View Post
    Here's some more photos along with a much more graphic version of the one above.

http://www.theatlantic.com/infocus/2...ombing/100495/
    Holy fucking shit!
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

Gosh, Satan must be quickly running out of room, with all these mass murderers he has to find a special place for down in Hell.

Ya...it must be the girl because her sneakers & socks match in the above pic. She does appear to have a lot of blood behind her. This pic is before they removed the fence.
    Warning:

Name:	bmm2.jpg 
Views:	197 
Size:	186.2 KB 
ID:	46260
    Last edited by LLC; 04-15-2013 at 10:23 PM.

29. 04-15-2013, 11:06 PM

Bless them all.

I'm so glad to hear this, Lisa. I've been thinking of you all evening, and hoping your ex-husband was safe. Thanks for checking back in with us. I hope they find whoever did this and make an example of them. It's like everybody's saying, you can't go ANYWHERE anymore and try to have a good time. There are nutjobs everywhere you go. God bless those who were involved.
    Last edited by Jenivere2011; 04-15-2013 at 11:20 PM.

LAC90028 Guest
    So glad you Bostonians are safe!

The man with the amputated legs, in the picture at the Atlantic*, it looks like shrapnel - a picket from the wood fencing - imbedded itself in his leg? Or is that bone? Either way, I was shocked when I saw his picture earlier, that he was still conscious.

Saying prayers for you, for him, the little boy, their families, for everyone there, for all of us!

* GRAPHIC photo warning!!!
    Last edited by LAC90028; 04-16-2013 at 12:03 AM. Reason: added link

LAC90028 Guest
    LLC, mooches, babyblujems, and anyone familiar with Boston, do you know what building this is, and why a lone man might be up on the roof?

https://twitter.com/TheLAScene/statu...12614193295360

I'm familiar with rooftop lounges, retreats, gatherings, viewing events from a roof, etc., but there doesn't seem to be anyone else on that or any of the other rooftops except him. So is there any story to this Lone Roofer?

jjropes23 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by LAC90028 View Post

The man with the amputated legs, in the picture at the Atlantic*, it looks like shrapnel - a picket from the wood fencing - imbedded itself in his leg? Or is that bone? Either way, I was shocked when I saw his picture earlier, that he was still conscious.

Saying prayers for you, for him, the little boy, their families, for everyone there, for all of us!

Looks like bone. Ugh, seriously nasty injury and must be some beyond terrible pain.

Starstruck Guest
    I have feeling (sadly) that this going to turn out to be one of Americas home grown crazies, like McVeigh.

tarsier Guest
    A few of us on another site were discussing some of the craziest things happened in April:

Lincoln assassination
    Sinking of the Titanic
    Virginia Tech shootings
    Waco
    Oklahoma City bombing
    Columbine shootings
    Spree killer Richard Baumhammers going bat shit crazy on April 28, 2000 in Pittsburgh, killing five people and leaving one paralyzed.

Adolf Hitler birthday

Bayou Queen Guest
    The photos are so powerful and haunting, too much blood shed on the streets of Boston and far too much pain. God Bless Boston and all of you who have friends and family effected by this.

Lincoln assassination
    Sinking of the Titanic
    Virginia Tech shootings
    Waco
    Oklahoma City bombing
    Columbine shootings

Besides being tax day, in Massachusetts and Maine, yesterday was a Holiday in observance of "Patriot's Day." You can go to Wikipedia and read up on the reason for the Holiday. I also wonder if this has something to do with anti-government and taxes, since Boston was the site of the original Tea Party that protested taxes. Patriot's Day is observed on the third Monday of April, so the date is floating... so in some years it falls on April 19th.
    Any day above ground is a good day.

LLC, mooches, babyblujems, and anyone familiar with Boston, do you know what building this is, and why a lone man might be up on the roof?

https://twitter.com/TheLAScene/statu...12614193295360

I'm familiar with rooftop lounges, retreats, gatherings, viewing events from a roof, etc., but there doesn't seem to be anyone else on that or any of the other rooftops except him. So is there any story to this Lone Roofer?

I'm not sure what the building is but I've seen the picture alot. I guess the news station I was watching was getting bombarded with it because they actually said at one point that they have seen it and the authorities are aware of it. Haven't heard anything else on it though.

lisalouver Guest
    Hags are the best!

Thank you everyone!!!

Here's a story about the guy wearing the cowboy hat in the picture of the guy with no legs. He has quite a story himself. I didn't even notice he was holding the guys femoral artery. Yikes!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ng-people.html

Quote Originally Posted by geekygirl View Post
    Besides being tax day, in Massachusetts and Maine, yesterday was a Holiday in observance of "Patriot's Day." You can go to Wikipedia and read up on the reason for the Holiday. I also wonder if this has something to do with anti-government and taxes, since Boston was the site of the original Tea Party that protested taxes. Patriot's Day is observed on the third Monday of April, so the date is floating... so in some years it falls on April 19th.
    I was kinda wondering when I first heard the news why Boston would have their marathon on a weekday...but figured it was some sort of holiday for them.

That is his leg bone. This is one of the most horrifying pictures I've ever seen. Probably because he's still alive. Imagine looking at your legs and seeing bloody stumps. That really gets to me.

Did you notice how everything seems to happen around or on April 20th, Waco, Oklahoma Bombing, This, Columbine, other school shootings.. I know I have left something out but I always dread around this time. It makes me wonder if all this is somehow connected to Hilter's birthday, which is on the 20th.

PurrPurr Guest
    Apparently the Westboro Baptist Church has already declared their intention to picket the funerals of those killed yesterday. Seriously, JUST. GO. AWAY. Freaking crazies!

Quote Originally Posted by pkstracy View Post
    Did you notice how everything seems to happen around or on April 20th, Waco, Oklahoma Bombing, This, Columbine, other school shootings.. I know I have left something out but I always dread around this time. It makes me wonder if all this is somehow connected to Hilter's birthday, which is on the 20th.
    My father's birthday was April 20..but he was in no way evil. Today also marks the sixth anniversary of the Virginia Tech shootings.
    Last edited by PurrPurr; 04-16-2013 at 08:08 AM.

Apparently the Westboro Baptist Church has already declared their intention to picket the funerals of those killed yesterday. Seriously, JUST. GO. AWAY. Freaking crazies!
    If those slimeballs did that at a loved one's funeral it would be almost impossible to restrain me.

PurrPurr Guest
    President Obama will be delivering a statement at 11:30 am on the Boston Marathon bombings. For those who want to see it live online, I found a link:
    http://cbsloc.al/orDBFn

I hope this is not some dipshit from the backwoods with "Mommy Issue's"... Don't get me started on our boarder security... For some reason everyone thinks the US needs to pat everyone's ass... SMH...

Yeah, it can be hard to read the teleprompter at times like this...

WHOEVER is responsible needs to be held accountable at ANY cost... The United States of America will not stand back and let ANYONE walk all over them again... We are compassionate to a point... Attack our country and our people and you should get a big FUCK YOU!!!!
    My Posse's On Broadway

I hope this is not some dipshit from the backwoods with "Mommy Issue's"... Don't get me started on our boarder security... For some reason everyone thinks the US needs to pat everyone's ass... SMH...
    It's starting to look more and more like that's the case isn't it? When was the last time an international terrorist did something like this and didn't claim responsibility within the first few hours. I guess our homegrown terrorists are too sissy to admit what they've done. At least when you claim responsibility in the name of whatever it is you're protesting for, we all know you did it was for whatever effed up reason was in your crazy head. This however is cowardice at its worst.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Do mind the pedestrian, Richard."
    - Hyacinth Bucket

Yes it is - I mean WHAT do these fools actually think they are going to accomplish? I know they don't think like us "regular folk", but damn there have got to be some signs!!! People need to open their eyes to the people around them. I know no one is to "blame", but given the last couple of people who "went off" on us - once we heard their stories how did people not know?

It's just too sad to even comprehend really... What makes anyone think this is okay? They are mental? No shit....
    My Posse's On Broadway

I almost don't want to ask, but can someone link the picture of the girl in blue?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."

kmgt Guest
    I had to search for it too. I don't think it's on that original link anymore. I'm thinking this is it.

http://i.huffpost.com/gadgets/slides...?1366062186000

One man's legs were instantly blown off, yet he kept trying to stand. Exhausted marathoners had to muscle the energy to flee the bloody scene.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/16/us/bos...html?hpt=hp_t1
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I will be buried in a spring loaded casket filled with confetti, and a future archaeologist will have one awesome day at work."