Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Explosion at the finish line of the Boston Marathon

endsleigh03 Guest
    And they rushed to help without knowing if the danger was over.

Awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by endsleigh03 View Post
    And they rushed to help without knowing if the danger was over.

Awesome.
    Yes, we do have the best military!! I wondered if they were vets from the wars in the desert so they knew what to do and how to deal with these types of injuries and situation.
    Live free or die: Death is not the worst of evils.

Reporting in...some may know I live in Boston. Alive & well.

glad to hear LLC. now I really hope they catch the fucker that did this

Wendy A. Guest
    Glad you're safe LLC! Does anyone know if there was any truth to the NY Post article where they had a suspect that was possibly Saudi?

I really hate when these stories break and there is so much information. I know everyone wants to report the correct information but I've now heard confirmations and denials that the JFK fire was related. I've heard they have a veiled Saudi man in custody at the hospital. Then I heard that was just a rumor. If. If IF he is the person I will be surprised. I would think they would be keeping a lower profile when so many people in this country still suspect them. If a foreign agency wanted to bomb us you would think they would do whatever they possibly could to fit in and NOT look suspicious.

PurrPurr Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by LLC View Post
    Reporting in...some may know I live in Boston. Alive & well.
    Good to hear. Please stay safe.

The post was spouting off some pretty crazy stuff early on (yet some of the news agencies decided to copy their info). I hate how when they find out they've reported something inaccuratly they just don't mention it again. No "Ok, sorry, to update what we said earlier" or " my bad. There aren't 25 people dead". BBC all the way for me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Do mind the pedestrian, Richard."
    - Hyacinth Bucket

Quote Originally Posted by Barbossa View Post
    Obama's on it, and he's always been on it. He's taken out scores of top Al Qaeda leaders including, in case we forget, Osama Bin Laden.
    Thanks for saying that. My eldest niece just told me that her husband's fam in Boston are fine. That was a relief. I've never met them but the ones is Georgia are the bestest folk. My thoughts and prayers to all the victims, their families, and those of you who have people up there.
    GOD IS NOT DEAD

jjropes23 Guest
    So devastatingly sad, just heard that one of the dead was just a little boy

Being reported here in Boston... an 8 year old boy has died.
    Last edited by LLC; 04-15-2013 at 04:41 PM.

I hope they catch the bastards fast.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Why is the news having a five minute argument on why The President didn't use the word terrorism in his speech. Like anybody is going to be like "oh, thank god. It was just a couple of bombs that blew up and ruined a bunch of people's lives, but isn't terrorism because The President didn't say it was." Have we really become that stupid as a whole to give a care on what it's labeled when something like this happens.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    - Hyacinth Bucket

PurrPurr Guest
    CBS News reported earlier the injury toll is up to 86.

The bombing has also become a "worldwide investigation."

Mammy Guest
    I really dislike humans sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    I really dislike humans sometimes.
    me too mammy, me too. I just can't.

Mammy Guest
    Normal, innocent people aren't safe anywhere.

Being reported here in Boston... an 8 year old boy has died.
    Well dammit all to hell. I thought I'd heard an earlier report that an 8 year old was one of the dead. I'd so hoped that was incorrect.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Wendy A. Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MiraculousMandarin View Post
    Why is the news having a five minute argument on why The President didn't use the word terrorism in his speech. Like anybody is going to be like "oh, thank god. It was just a couple of bombs that blew up and ruined a bunch of people's lives, but isn't terrorism because The President didn't say it was." Have we really become that stupid as a whole to give a care on what it's labeled when something like this happens.
    People including our major news media needs to lay their political affiliations to the wayside right now, and allow this nation to come together as a whole. Whomever did the bombing didn't go after blacks or whites, Democrats or Republicans... they went after PEOPLE, not just Americans, PEOPLE..But we all know that won't happen. People are people. They attacked Bush when he finished reading that book to those kids, and now they're attacking Obama for not using the word terrorist.

holy shit. look at the last pic on this site. holy hell *warning graphic*

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_a...ne_photos.html

Mammy Guest
    Wonder who the bomber will be, a terrorist, an anti government nutter like Timothy McVeigh, or a deranged psycho like Adam Lanza or Seung-Hui-Cho? The possibilities are endless.

Checking in safe here from Boston. There are no words for what went on here today. All my thoughts are with those involved. So many injured and the news is saying that the death toll may rise as well. They are also saying that bombs were filled with ball bearings.

So sad.

I had heard the information about the ball bearings earlier. I can't even imagine that or other shrapnel being blasted towards me.

Glad to hear about those with family (and our communal family) are safe. I have some friends out that way, and one who was on a plane out there while this happened. They're all okay.

I wish the best to the victims, and their families. And may those who have perished because of this cowardly act, may you rest in peace.

Nelliebean Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by PiggyTx View Post

No kiddin'!

babyblujems Guest
    My fiance son and I were right were the first bomb went off about a half hour before. His 18 year old sister ran the race for the first time this year. We decided to leave after he crossed because my son was getting tired. I can only imagine what would have happened to us had we stayed and what my poor 5 year old son would have seen had his aunt been just a little slower.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblujems View Post
    My fiance son and I were right were the first bomb went off about a half hour before. His 18 year old sister ran the race for the first time this year. We decided to leave after he crossed because my son was getting tired. I can only imagine what would have happened to us had we stayed and what my poor 5 year old son would have seen had his aunt been just a little slower.
    Okay, that just gave me some major chills. I am SO happy you guys were outa there before this happened.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

babyblujems Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by maryd View Post
    Okay, that just gave me some major chills. I am SO happy you guys were outa there before this happened.
    Thank you, my little family has already been through so much. Even though Kasey is only 5 we have almost lost him three times and I honestly thank God, my grandparents and my fiance's sister for finding a way for us to get out of there before everything. We were positioned behind a couple people under the UK flag (his family is British)

Nelliebean Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by babyblujems View Post
    Let's hear it for tired 5 year olds. Sounds like you folks were pretty lucky!

Wendy A. Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by PiggyTx View Post

Holy Shit! The girl in the blue shirt doesn't look ok at ALL.

News conference going on right now. Saying 3 dead...

This seems to be a runner with one leg amputated (graphic):

http://i.imgur.com/P8zuuVO.jpg

Mammy Guest
    The woman in the blue shirt looks deceased.

Here's some more photos along with a much more graphic version of the one above.

http://www.theatlantic.com/infocus/2...ombing/100495/

The little boy in the left hand top corner (EMT's gloved hand is on his shoulder) kills me.

I am hearing conflicting stories about a "blast" or an "unrelated" fire at the JFK Library. One report I read said police de-armed a bomb at the JFK Library and another report I heard was that it was an unrelated fire.
    "Everybody is born, and everybody dies. Being born wasn't so bad , was it?"
    Peter the Hermit

Mammy Guest
    It just seems to be too much of a coincidence that a random fire would occur just after two bombs went off. What are the chances?

Quote Originally Posted by editrix View Post
    This seems to be a runner with one leg amputated (graphic):

http://i.imgur.com/P8zuuVO.jpg
    NEVERMIND. I saw the complete unedited pic. HOLY SHIT. He's missing both lower legs.
    Last edited by LLC; 04-15-2013 at 06:24 PM.

the guy with the leg...will probably make it. that girl....I don't think so.......I think she's gone.
    so very sad....I had to turn it off.
    I will check in later.
    "if you need anything, please don't hesitate to ask someone else first" Kurt Cobain

[SIGPIC] http://phineas4cobain.tumblr.com/post/36392280360 [/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Mammy View Post
    The woman in the blue shirt looks deceased.
    Agreed. Awful.

Quote Originally Posted by mooches View Post
    Here's some more photos along with a much more graphic version of the one above.

Ugh the little boy I saw in that pic is in a wheelchair is in this one. Gawd.
    Last edited by LLC; 04-15-2013 at 06:40 PM.

mstee2u1972 Guest
    I know I'm a death hag but those photos with the pools of blood are disturbing to me.
    Nothing but prayers and good thoughts to all the people of Boston, victims, and their families. I can't even begin to imagine what these poor people are going through at this time.

I would say the lady in blue is definitely gone.

Mammy Guest
    The picture of that guy's severed legs made me gag.

Quote Originally Posted by mooches View Post

This one contains a VERY GRAPHIC image.

Yes me too, Mam. MY GOD.

Death toll has reached 3.

Wendy A. Guest
    Any thoughts on who's responsible yet? AlQueda maybe?

There are no words. Watching news right now, saying 3 dead, 141 injured. Just wow, I don't even know what to say.

PurrPurr Guest
    KDKA's Andy Sheehan Describes The Boston Marathon Blasts
    KDKA-TV's Andy Sheehan ran in today's Boston Marathon and describes the chaos immediately after the blasts.

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/video...rathon-blasts/

28 amputations so far...

Wendy A. Guest
    This one contains a VERY GRAPHIC image.

Yes me too, Mam. MY GOD.

Death toll has reached 3.
    It didn't phase me.

Quote Originally Posted by Wendy A. View Post
    Holy Shit! The girl in the blue shirt doesn't look ok at ALL.
    At first glance, I didn't realize that someone with long hair was underneath the guy in the red shirt (in the pic with the American flag.) Makes me want to bawl.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    - Hyacinth Bucket